January 19th, 2010

'The Bachelor': Everybody hates Vienna

testing captions
testing captions

We start with Jake wanting to go "head over heels" with Vienna, which only means one thing....Tears for Fears concert bungee jumping!  Vienna has, in her words, "butterflies what are we doing" about this.  Before we continue, please count the grammatical errors in the previous sentence.

Jake and Vienna jump, scream, say "Oh my god" several times and land upside down, 70 feet in the air.

After the jump, the two share adult beverages, and realize that they have a lot in common, such as screaming at the top of their lungs.  Jake gives Vienna a rose.

Vienna arrives at the house, rose at hand, and we get tonight's major plot development - everybody hates Vienna!  Ashleigh would rather watch paint dry than listen to Vienna talk about her date with Jake.  Others are shocked that she got the rose at all.

It's group date time, and Jake wants to introduce eight women to someone very special.  Instead, we get Jon Lovitz.  Last week, it was Chicago.  Why are Jake's surprises set in 1988?  I'm expecting tank driving lessons with Michael Dukakis in a future episode.

Lovitz now owns a comedy club, and the eight will have to go on stage to tell  jokes before Jon, Jake and a studio audience, who I hope did not have to pay a two-drink minimum to watch.

Corrie impersonates her housemates, specifically Vienna, confusing Jake.  Ashleigh, after some hesitation, tells a few blonde jokes, winning over the crowd.  Michelle, who's spent all series threatening to leave unless she gets one-on-one time with Jake, "jokes" about having one-on-one time with Jake.

After the party, Michelle asks Jake if she could kiss him to see if she can "feel" something.  They kiss, Michelle declares it lousy, and decides she can't stay... again.  Jake orders her gone instead.

As she left, Michelle said she wanted to find man.  Instead, she got a big green taxi, potential therapy bills and a possible job as the Russian figure skating judge at the Olympics.

More Vienna hate, as Vienna accuses the girls of being "fake", with the others accusing her of playing head games and having an ego the size of Austria.  Ashleigh tells Jake that he has nothing in common with Vienna, who argues that she isn't liked because she's "real".

Jake takes Ella to Sea World on their one-on-one date, and he has a real surprise for her, which my wife caught a mile away.  It's Ella's young son!  Jake bonds well with the tyke and, at the end of the day, Ella gets a rose.

At the cocktail party (why are there no light appetizers served at these parties?  Do these women ever eat?), Jake gets together with Elizabeth who, as you may remember, doesn't want him to try to kiss her.  Jake accuses her of giving him "mixed signals" - she doesn't want a kiss, yet she flirts like crazy.  Elizabeth admits to having a jealous side - a show requirement - but is upset at Jake's accusations.

Elizabeth says she's not vanilla, but rather she's all the colors of the rainbow.  Always thought the "V" in "Roy G. Biv" stood for "violet," but what do I know?

It's rose ceremony time, and Jake must eliminate two women.  Elizabeth goes home, as does Valishia, a woman who, uh, let me see...honestly, I didn't write a thing about her since I started this.  Talk about being under the radar, or being the most boring contestant in show history.

What do you think about this "Bachelor" episode?

« Previous entry
  1. karpet permadani

I am now not certain the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more. Thank you for wonderful information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

August 1, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. karpet permadani

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

July 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cheap London travel

Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I'm glad to find so many helpful info right here in the post, we want work out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

July 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Technology in the workplace

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with useful information to work on. You've done a formidable process and our whole neighborhood will probably be grateful to you.

April 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eilleen

Ali is NOT a nice girl, at least not on this shiow. She comes across as a plain jane who is a bully. Vienna looks like she has a couple of black eyes and they are editing her to look innocent for the most part which makes the other girls look worse than they probably are (maybe). Jake is not as attractive as I thought he was on Jillian's season and Ella looks about 40. I think that she will go home sooner rather than later. The only one with any class and who seems genuine is Tenley...so far. Most of these women are a joke and are probably using this show as an audtition for the new show "Bachelor Pad". It's not supposed to be "real" folks, just entertainment. So far there are more psychos and whiners than usual. Jake does not have a very good selection but than he's no prize.

January 20, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. Niru

I was trying to set my DVR online, and I realized that the Bachelor was on at the same time as 24. Now, I got sucked into the whole Bachelor chick who got kicked off for having a fling on the side with the producer saga, which was very entertaining. However, although Jake the Pilot is hot, there is something really enticing about a bad-a– intelligence agent who manages to unfoil terrorist plots...

January 20, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. wendy

I think the whole show stinks! My family won't watch it any longer- use to like Jake now I know why he hasn't found anyone- The girls this year are out for each other, not to find love- and please doesn't anyone wonder if your that nice looking why you haven't found love?

January 20, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  8. Diana

Ali has been Jake's favorite since their first date. You could tell he was smitten with her. I'm for Ali 100%. She's cute, sincere, and has some humility. Ella is beautiful and sophisticated. Tenley is OK.
    He was right to send the others packing. Vienna needs to go, too.

January 20, 2010 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. holly

the most boring, unrealistic, embarrassing show to women that's evere been invented, how anyone can watch it for more than 90 seconds is beyond me.

January 20, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. lilli

Don't get me wrong – Jake seems sweet. And I'm really impressed with how he's dealt with the messed-up emotional business of being the bachelor. But why does no one mention how awful it would be to be the wife of a commercial pilot?! These women are competing for the attention of someone who is always, always gone. Especially on holidays.

happily ever after, baby. marry jake and you'll always be fighting for "one-on-one" time. not only will the TV cameras be gone, your husband will too.

January 20, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ann

scary that you cannot spell "The Bachelor."

January 20, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. MM

Have you watched "professional wrestling"? Did you think it was real?
    Do you think "The Bachlolor" is real? Scary to live in America.

January 20, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ann

I actually know Ali and she is a nice person – not a mean girl at all. She's a girl's girl, actually. However, she does NOT like women-hating women. (i.e. women are are super nice to guys but horrible to women.) We've all known someone like this.....and it can be absolutely infuriating when a nice, affable guy thinks the world of one of these women, but doesn't know her for who she really is. I have a feeling this is the situation with Vienna. The producers of this show have just edited the scenes in such a way that we don't get to see what Vienna is up to while she's in the house with the women. Has anyone else noticed that? I supposed they are trying to get people to dislike Ali, who was "America's sweetheart" last week. Makes for better TV perhaps, but it also presents the country with a pretty skewed idea of who these women really are.....

January 19, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. WANDA

I don't like Vienna, either; she's not nice.
    I like Ali- she has class, something lacking in a few of the others.

January 19, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ana

I think the only good chice for the Bachelor is Ella ,you can tell she is a serious woman and is not dumb like Elizabeth who tried to play innocent and was totally fake .

January 19, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Really?

It's creative editing people.... Vienna wins it all. FYI

January 19, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bill Dingeldorf

I noticed that even in writing comments most of the women here are like the one's on the show, CATTY & A SERIOUS WASTE OF TIME. Come on ladies, Vienna could pick up more guys than any of you and you know it and that's why you all rip her apart. I think she's a knock out and is probably too good for Jake. You women on and off the show should all try this, go out to the bar and sit in the corner and watch the door, as soon as a beautiful women walks in, every woman in the bar notices her and starts to snarl. The women on this show are no differant.

January 19, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kennedy Obure

All these comments about some stupid show......Americans seriously lack constructive work

January 19, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mike c

She is one butt-ugly woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. mike c

This is a moronic show,cancel it asap,save America !!!!

January 19, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. frank

i think all of the women have a mental disorder of some sort, some worse than the others and it is a desperate ploy for their 15 minutes of fame...i am sure "the bachelor contestant" will look wonderful on a resume.

January 19, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Julie

I like Vienna. The other girls should are just sour grapes and jealous because they didn't get picked. In the end I don't think Jake picks any of them.I think he's too nice for those girls.

January 19, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. PookieQ

C'mon people! Don't you know it's all the producers' doing? They had Jake keep pshcho girl (Michelle) for ratings and then had her dumped for ratings. And I'm sure they have other things up their sleeves. Don't you recall Ed (Jillian's guy) told Jake to not give her rose from the very 1st show?! And he kept her 2 wks in. And the Tenly pregnancy was ABC's way of reeling us in. Right after Tenly announced that she said it was all a joke! So ABC chose to not show that part on last night's show. And of course most of the girls are catching on and not there for the 'real' reason cuz they can get free trips and free room and board. Hello? What a deal in this sagging economy! You would think they'd run out of girls by now but I guess not. There are still wackos out there. OK, I think I've said more than enough.

January 19, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Cindy

OK...I may actually have to start watching this!

January 19, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  25. david becker

Looked at the Bachelor blogs just once(this year) and some guy-I assume says he knows who will win and the final order-lst-2nd-3rd-even to 4th.Seems like a large group of people think this guy never misses.If the show is supposed to create some suspense and for people to watch and pick favorites-why don;t they find out where this person gets all the information from before the show starts.

January 19, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jen

Was I the only person watching that noticed Jon Lovitz's totally nasty elbows???? He totally has the worst case of psoriasis i have ever ever seen! ugh! i almost threw up!

January 19, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Robert Greenfield

Oh Gawd! Some of those she-beasts were simply obknoxious! Seriously!

January 19, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Susie Q

Seems to me like the real with in this scenario is Ali not Vienna. The more they go after her, the more I'm rooting for her! Ali is just threatened by her and is trying to weild her influence to turn everyone against her. Thank the Lord the psycho girl (Michelle) is gone!!!

January 19, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. rab

Anna, that's the creepiest thing I noticed about Vienna (among other things)! She's gross... this show is ridiculous, but a fun and brainless way to spend a Monday evening. It certainly makes me feel better about myself! I loved Ali right away, but now am a little more apprehensive. I like Ella, but I just don't see any real connection besides maybe Tenley, who needs to get over her little-girlness. My two cents. Have fun watching.

January 19, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Michelle should have been gone in the first round, she's got some serious issues. I could see when Jake kept Michelle she truly felt she was his only pick in her mind. Therapy could help this girl before she seeks love/marriage from anyone.

January 19, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mike

All i know is shows like this need TO STOP!!!

January 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Melora, Longwood, Florida

Poor Michelle. She was not after The Bachelor; she just wanted someone, anyone with a pulse and a good sperm count. She was a maracca short of a Mariachi band, and I am glad she is gone. Same goes for Elizabeth, and her bag of mixed signals; I believe this time around, The Bachelor managed something new: to find the cookiest contestants ever..... it is obvious that Jake is having no fun, has chemistry with none of them, and will most probably end up going back to his airplanes alone. And the cookie monsters will go back to their own places of residence, to continue in their search for 'the one'. Pathetic. Truly pathetic. I am sorry for Jake, because he seems like a nice guy. But the bunch the asked him to choose from? The worst EVER.

January 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Carl

Im having an affair with a staffer; Im going, no Im staying; Im with child or maybe not. The man should put a stop to all of this and request new women. If perviews are accurate, is this season going to run short or visit famlies multiple time as a filler?

January 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Karen

Snooze fest. Jake is not really crazy about any of these women lets start over. If I had to choose for him it would be Ella hands down or should I say claws down. She seems to be the only one there with some class at this point unless she proves me wrong in the next show. I am sure some of these women are nice girls but for god sake you know what this is about before you sign up, don't act supprised that he is frenching every other woman in the house besides you! And as for all of the other backstabbers let them weed themselves out I don't really give Jake alot of credit to decide, but he better keep Ella if he has one brain cell in his head left. Not fun this year, sorry no offense to anyone just not real into it too much drama, too little fun. I'll wait till the next show airs.

January 19, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Gail

I dislike ALLIE.
    She is a rattle-mouth trouble-maker.
    I hope Jake will realize he doesn't want to marry and listen to ALLIE'S
    mouth for the rest of his life.
    She made me so made when she didn't accept Vienna's apology.
    She is a mis-know-it-all and friction master-maker.

January 19, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. April B

To all of you who think this show is ridiculous and we must be crazy for watching the show, why did you even bother reading this story or take the time to comment on it ?????

January 19, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. gail

I dislike ALLIE SO MUCH.

January 19, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jim

Lets face it for what it is already...A bunch of morons that claim they are looking for love, B.S. they are looking for fame and money nothing else really. How many shows and how many marriages?? Thats right one marriage and it has a 50/50 chance of lasting. That dope would leave her too if he wasn't afraid of her.

January 19, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  39. April B

I was all for Ali, until last episode. She really made herself look like just another one of the girls acting catty and ridiculous. No longer is she the one that sticks out in the crowd. I think Ella is looking more and more like a better choice for Jake. She is just being herself !

January 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. sandy

Anyone see Ellen yesterday?? She asked if he was happy & he said he didn't have to pick anyone & left it at that.

January 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. guest

how michelle got to this show ?

January 19, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sarah

Staged. Just another episode of a reality show that has nothing at all to due to being real.

January 19, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sandy

OMG, if Jake fly's airlines, I find it hard to believe he does not come across Beuutiful and grounded women. What in the world is he doing looking for a Woman and I repeat Woman to spend his life with on live TV with a bunch of high scholl immature GIRLS.

January 19, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jerri

Ali is the one for Jake.....

January 19, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. CRYSTAL

OK, I'm glad Michelle's crazy bum is GONE...Also glad to see Elizabeth go...had no idea who Velishia was...so didn't care there. I love Vienna. I think she's fun and fabulous. I liked Ali before last night's show...then she just kinda disappointed. I love love love Ella...and fell in love a little with Jake bringing her son with them on their date...that was so sweet...and they looked like a real family. The other girls I'm still not sure about just yet...but I'll be glued next week just to see what happens next...(it's entertainment, pure and simple)

January 19, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jan

Oh my God! I have been sitting on the edge of my seat for the passed few weeks hoping Michelle would not get a rose. I just hope Jake is going to be safe, Michelle has all the makings of a stalker. I also hope the young lady Jake chooses will be safe. The couple of women on the show that said Michelle needs psychiatric help is right on the money.
    To those of you mocking the show, you are the minority because most viewers find the show very entertaining and relaxing after a long hard day at work. It is nice to be able to just sit, relax and mellow out with the show.
    I do agree with a previous viewer, it would be nice if this show did a show for older people. Are they under the impression that older people are not interested in finding someone to love and enjoy being with. I am sure if older people were chosen for a show, younger people would learn quite a bit from experienced people, plus I think it would be fun.
    Ciao

January 19, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mare

Dear Ray:

Somebody did get married after this show. Remember Trista and Ryan. They are still together and have two children.

I agree that the process is crazy and no wonder that after about 14+ showas (between the Bachelor and Bachelorette) they are the only ones that are married. One other couple, besides Jillian and Ed, has been engaged for the last six (6) years.

Go Ella all the way. So far, she seems to be the only real WOMAN (not girl) there. All the others, I agree, are b_____, catty (I love my Cats, wish they would invent another word), and there to get their face on TV, just like WES!

January 19, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  48. arlene Jones

Hi,
    This is the first time I have actually watched this show. Jake seems to be a very genuine young man. Has his feet on the ground, and needs to have women who can actually understand what it takes to share a relationship with someone like this. I feel like the women chosen for Jake are small minded, selfish, mean spirited girls who need to do some growing up. How sad for Jake to have these girls as his choices.
    Casting should do a better job.

January 19, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Anna

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Vienna's eyes?? They are just weird.

January 19, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  50. jdg

I don't know where they found these women, but they are the most immature bunch I've ever seen. I think Jake should get a do-over.

January 19, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  51. syracuse20012

I have a sinking feeling Vienna is going to win..Jake can't get enough of her. She looks like a man with a wig on...sigh.

January 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Melanie

All of these women are not right for Jake. The producers didn't do a very good job selecting good candidates. He would do better looking for a very modest girl at church. He is quite nieve I must say and these girls are just trouble..... Don't know if I can stomach another episode. Heck, I would have been perfect for him about thirty years ago.

January 19, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jmac

Love the guy, the show and hate the "girls" . When will this show have "Women" on it? These girls are too immature to steal any man's affections.... I wouldn't be surprised if Jake didn't choose anyone at all!!

January 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bobby T

Anyone else here think like Ginny. I don't ride buses or read books, but I do spellcheck and wouldn't knock other peoples IQs if I were her. Have you tried ANGER management by the way?

January 19, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Marina

this show is entertainment folks. It's decieving to call it a 'reality show". We all know there is no such thing by now. Geesh! Take it for what it is and TURN THE CHANNEL if you don't like it.! Jake's wishy-washy and he needs a momma-type. That is why Ella would be better for him, marriage-wise. But – he's still a boy who likes blond hair and big breasts. The conflict is obvious and the show is funny. good entertainment. :)

January 19, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dave

Of all the contrived "reality" shows on TV, this one is the ultimate!
    It quickly degenerated into typical female bickering over a guy who
    can't keep his shirt on. Thank God they have tractor pulls and drag
    races on , even the occasional car auction. The "Vast Wasteland"
    has become infinite.

January 19, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Wemy

Whoa, wait a second...we watch this on a regular basis...it is becoming our favorite "drinking game"...
    Everyone has a "date" assigned to them...when she gets "air time" you're required to "chug"...
    Who would have thought the "Michelle" (crazy) holder, after being buzzed all the time would have been named " most sober"...
    Go figure...

January 19, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  58. LILY

I havent missed one show since the first episode.... the more DRAMA the better, so i think this is the best yet!!!

January 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  59. ejluther

"why are there no light appetizers served at these parties? Do these women ever eat?"

You'd think the "expert" here would know the game being played (as it is on most of these types of shows); alcohol + desperate women/cast = ratings. Why give them food to slow down the desired effect?

January 19, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Tamara

I cannot handle the Bachelor but love, love, love this writer for summing up just how ridiculous this show is! Thanks for providing a good laugh on a very boring Tuesday afternoon in January.

January 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  61. LILY

Jake, the comic show told you everything you needed to know, thats why you booted those 2,men dont see what we do, thats why they will never marry someone their best friend doesnt like, and i thought Tenly was Preggos??? They showed her saying "Im Pregnant" was that a Hype Lie?? Is Tenly Preggos or not???

January 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. herdcutie

Hate to break it to everyone...Vienna is the winner. It's everywhere. I don't agree with it at all but that's where it stands.

January 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ginny

Okay anyone actually discussing this show like anything that happens on it is really worthy of comment, YOU NEED TO GO TO THE BUS STOP AND GET ON THE SHORT BUS. Are you serious, you think this joke of a show warrants a discussion about who is nice and who should get a rose. I have neve watched even one episode but I can guess the averabge IQ of any woman who would debase herself to go on this show. DDDDDUUUUUHHHHH Go read a book.

January 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  64. TLT

I hope it's Gia in the end, she's beautiful and smart!

January 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Victoria

I'm glad Michelle is gone. She was psycho. I hope her family and friends will see that she gets help. Seemed like Elizabeth wanted to be in too much control. Glad she got the boot. Life's too short to be playing love games.

January 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  66. ATM

I like Ali too, how old is Jake? I'm a new watcher...Vienna is 23ish..and she acts it. She's emotional, she tries to be tough and then just ends up crying. I LOVE HOW PEOPLE SAY "WE" ARE "SAD" FOR WATCHING SHOWS LIKE THIS...I say obviously you read about it online..and then comment on other people..YOU GET A LIFE! Mind your own, xoxo :) Again I vote for Ali

January 19, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Pyper

I to watch the show sometimes.. but those of you slamming the show as degrading to woman..Um excuse me..Have you watched the Bachelorette? Guys doing the exact same thing as these ladies...( I use that term loosely) because I agree that there are some very inmature back stabbing jealous people on this show, who need to do alot of soul searching before they mouth off on another. However, it is for entertainment. Do you really expect this to be a Happy Ever after type show? Come on people!!! Be serious.... One can hope for Love and all that– But in TV land– Good Luck with that...

January 19, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Dylan

My wife and I watch it together for the entertainment factor. We've followed 3 seasons so far and believe this season's contestants as a group are by far the most immature and incompatible with the Bachelor/Bachelorette. No wonder they're still single. The first episode seemed promising but it's quickly sank into a cat fight full of its own laughable drama. Ella is sweet but may not be a good match for Jake. Vienna out of no where suddenly became the thorn in all the girls side for no apparent reason (maybe I missed some scenes 'cause I don't know what could warrant all the girls gaining up on her). Ali was very sweet in the first episode but last night's episode makes her seem vindictive and evil. Michelle really needs to seek mental help.

January 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. D W

i cant wait for my daughter to be a contestant on this show. she is only 4 now but by the time she is old enough, i hope to have taught her that being superficial, having a fairytale illusion and competing with 30 girls for the attention of a man is just the way things are. if she gets it, she will love the simple every day dating pleasures of helicopter rides, private concerts, bungee jumping and staring in a comedy show. i can only hope that she wont be sent home in tears on the first night. those 5 minutes of private time at a cocktail party can be enough to fall head over heels in love. if she wins, i know that the 6 weeks she had to evaluate the man she will spend the rest of her life with will be enough to carry her through working, paying bills, disagreements, raising a family and moving across the country to follow the man of her dreams. i just know their love will be strong enough to survive because it is based on real, mutual respect and common interests. if it doesnt work out, at least she will make enough $$ to get some plastic surgery and, hopefully, learn that she needs to keep her opinions to herself next time and just agree with whatever the man says. seriously though... very funny show. just not sure if i am laughing with or at. okay, its at.

January 19, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Bluebird

Most of these girls are too young and immature for Jake. They need to pick some girls closer to the Bachelor's age next time, the Bach would probably appreciate a more mature, well-adjusted group to choose from (and there would be fewer cringe-worthy moments for the viewers!).

I don't understand why they're all ganging up on Vienna. I didn't like her in the beginning because she wasn't all that pretty but this show is not a beauty contest. It's centered on Jake finding the ideal match and it looked like they had a good time together in spite of the bungee jumping ordeal (whose idea was that?!). I thought the date w/Ella & son also went well.

Really disappointed in Ali & some of the other girls I initially liked.

January 19, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Shelby

I like Ella, but she and Jake don't have much chemistry. And I cheered when that weirdo Michelle was told to leave. That woman needs some professional help, fast! I just don't have a real front runner that I would like to see win yet. This is probably the most boring group of women I've ever seen on this show. I read somewhere on another site that this guy, who supposedly has the info from the horse's mouth said that Vienna will be the last one standing, so it will be interesting to see if that really happens.

January 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Cindy

If this is what Jake has to choose from, he's better off single.

January 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  73. di

haven't watched this show since the 2nd season; I wouldn't classify it as a train wreck, more like the caboose that got left behind.

January 19, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sam Barber

What do I think?
    Why would anyone watch this drivel?
    Are your lives that empty and meaningless?

January 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Beth

First of all I agree w/Troy that this show is a "piece of crap"! It's like watching legalize prostituion on national television. Why is it so hard to find a good program for us to watch? I wish we were still back when I was young and we found it fun to watch tv as a family with shows such as Bonaza, Gunsmoke, variety shows. etc...I really miss those times.

January 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Frenchie

I took a break and I came to this site and began to laugh my head off. I don't watch this show, but the comments were priceless. Thank Goodness that there is sensible people out there who see these shows for what they really are. But a real good laugh, too funny

January 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Diane

Put a group of women together, no matter the setting, and the claws will always come out.
    I thought Ali was possibly the right girl for Jake, but her mean comments to and about Vienna show that she's just another cat.
    Michele was/is psycho. You could tell by looking at Jake after the kiss that he wasn't into her at all. I'm so glad he told her that she should go ahead and leave.
    Ella is classy. Right now I would put Ella and Vienna in a tie for 1st place.

January 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Soprano1

I am Team Vienna all the way! I like that girl a lot! The others just don't like her because she is a "real" girl. Ali needs to just shut her mouth, she acts like Jake has already picked her or something. I really think the other girls are jealous of Vienna because she is so young.

January 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  79. WSW3223

Tenley will win....

January 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  80. sue

My comment - there has not been a BACHELOR marriage yet ! Trista & Ryan, the were from the "BACHELORETTE". It all seems contrived to me and when I watch, I do just for comic relief.

January 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Cristine

I don't think Ali turned into a bully I think she's confident enough to know that she can stand her own ground and kindly stand up to other competitors. I think a lot of you forget that this is a competition and they are competing for a rather silly "prize" but that is how they have to view each other. This is a GAME/Reality Show. If this were real life like Housewives, I think you would all have the exact same things to say.

January 19, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  82. RA

Vienna is ok. The rest of the women are showing their true colors by ganging up on her. I think Ella is a true person and at this point, I think she'd be good for jake. Gals, get a grip, sit back and take a zanax!

January 19, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  83. B. Pettingill

I am glad Elizabeth and Michelle are gone. They were scary!!! It is funny how grown women act. Come on Vienna

January 19, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mike from S Dakota

GARBAGE TV!!! What happened to the GREAT shows like the Golden Girls?? How sad this is ALL we have.

January 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Tammy

I was wondering what happened to the "I'm pregnant" segment as well. I think the girls are all jealous of Vienna. They accuse her of talking crap about everyone but they are doing all the crap talking. They need to grow up!

January 19, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  86. PJ

Ali started off being my favorite. I was really pulling for her, but have now changed my mind. She is so petty and mean to Vienna. She doesn't have to like her but she could still be nice and keep it to herself. To get on Vienna for interrupting Jake and Elizabeth, give me a break, all the girls interrupt Jake and someone when they want one on one time, and then to start up again after Vienna tried to apologize. Ella and Vienna are at the top of my list now. I also liked Corie until she started with all the rude jokes about Vienna. You don't make jokes in public at someone else's expence. She has also slipped on my list. I am so glad to see Michelle gone. Hope Jake makes the right choice.

January 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  87. corky

A couple of things... let us not forget this show is for entertainment only. Anyone who thinks otherwise has not watched the previous episodes. One couple got married....I too liked Ali until she all of a sudden got vicious. She needs to let go of Vienna, she will bury herself. It sheds an unflattering light on Ali, who was my favorite from the start. However, Jake does need to remember that he, in fact, was the one in the previous episode that warned Jillian about Wes. So it should not be a surprise to him the girls are doing the same. My other favorite girl is Gia, who I think is the girl you are talking about that got one of the last roses. She is beautiful, and she doesn't act crazy. Good for jake giving those two girls the boot. I think guys like a challenge but do not like to be teased. The other one was just downright crazy......

January 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  88. francine

I like Ashleigh. She is quiet and doesn't seem like she wants to get in with all the cat fights. I think the producers need to reconsider bringing the womens children on the show. Real or not, children don't know the difference.

January 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Chris

I envision Michelle's picture in the paper at some point in the future being accused of stalking...she is that scary and definitely not 100% there!! Poor girl!
    As for Valishia?? Glad you mentioned her name in your article because I don't ever remember seeing him talk to her, let alone kiss her (maybe she was a holdout too!).
    I would love to see Jake end up with Ally or Ella, but my guess is he will end up alone!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. BT

Vienna put herself out and apologized and these people couldn't even be mature enough to accept her apology. I think Ella is the most mature person there and has been able to not get mixed up with all the drama and cruelty. I wonder how much of this drama is for rating?

January 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. JHL

This and Biggest Loser are great to tape and then fast forward through the 75% time filler. Each has long expanses of drudge:
    (1) One can fast forward through the BL exercising segments and kitchen shots (eat less processed food) and lose nothing (no pun intended), and
    (2) The Rose ceremony is usually 30 minutes of slo-mo which can be compressed to 2.

In real-time both are painful and time you'll never get back.

BTW: Michelle is wacky and Ella looks 39, like John Daly's first wife.

January 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. El Diablo

This show is about love. How could any of you hate a show about the one thing in this world that is real and true - LOVE!! I met my husband in church but think maybe things would have been different/better if we met on a TV program. Jake *gets* these women and I am jealous!

January 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Bobc

People still watch this junk? Actors and actreses acting looney for the cameras.

I'd rather watch the Benny Hill show.

January 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  94. MV

If it weren't for the show's dynamic and adventurous dates, Jake would be quite a boring person–hence the reason he's probably still single. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality, so guess whoever he ends up with will be his match, except she'll likely be drama-driven as they all are. Jake's simply a boring guy.

January 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  95. ROSE

Gia is the prettier one-the Oriental looking girl, even though I haven't seen her with Jake alone. Ella looks old for him. Vienna is not pretty at all. Ali is okay. I was glad he sent Michelle home. Her whining and belly-aching from the very beginning were terrrible. The previews did show Tenley tells him she is pregnant and he asks her to leave. I guess that show will be coming up.

January 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Brunette10

I agree that Vienna is okay and they should leave her alone. When she tried to apologize to appease everyone, Ali started all the crap back up again. I dont like Ali I am not crazy about little singing Corie either. That is just all mean spirited and they shoould get a life!!
    Pathetic behaviour. Hopefully Jake who seems to be more mature will like Ella or Vienna or someone who is on the up and up and not as mean spirited as some of the others!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  97. troy buckman

Use the money and resources it takes to produce this useless crap and donate all of the proceeds to charity.

We are witnessing the dumbing down of America.

These MORONS will be famous for 15 minutes and forgotten.

January 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  98. sherryeg52

This is by far the biggest group of absolute losers that the show has ever had. These girls are psycho. I have watched the show from the beginning and this has to be the worse group of girls so far. The women are all crazy – jealous and nuts!!! Surely there was not a lot of screening involved in grouping these idiots together!!!

January 19, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. luckynana

Vienna will be her own undoing. Jake is a smart guy he'll figure out she's just a egotistical girl in a woman's body! Am glad Elizabeth went home. She was a game player and Jake kicked her to the curb!

My money'e on Ella – she's the only grown up one in the whole bunch!!

January 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  100. AWise1

Overall, I think this show is more trouble than it's worth. I really don't think it's a very good way to foster a lasting relationship. I'm sure some of it is only done for ratings, but in my opinion, any woman who's willing to trash talk another in the manner some of these woman are doing aren't worth Jake's time. He needs to figure out who is best match is by himself rather than listening to all the hearsay. At least last night he finally launched two of the ones he shouldn't have kept after the first night. Both of them definitely appeared to have psychotic streaks in them especially Michelle. She decides to go home and then turns it back on Jake to make it appear that she's the victim. Can we say CRAZY?

January 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Allison

I watched for 10 minutes and think they are all awful women! awful awful awful! Quite entertaining though so... that's the point really!

January 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Chien.Fache

It's sad that some of you people don't have the sophistikation to apprexiate this awsum show. You must be Leno fans

January 19, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Fayemous

I'm just curious...all this time that the girls are getting bent out of shape about the other girls [i.e. Vienna] "interrupting one-on-one time"...why wouldn't the girls question Jake? Where was "respectful" Jake to say, "Hey Vienna...I'm speaking with Elizabeth at the moment, will catch up with you later"....why wouldn't "good, wholesome" Jake call out Ashleigh or Corrie on their caddy- backstabbing behavior? If I were a mature guy, I wouldn't have time for that kind of nonsense. Just shows what kind of women these ladies are with their ultimatums and gameship to try and bait and hook Jake. Is he THAT big of a moron where he can't get these ladies in check?

January 19, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. CJ

As far as Jake is concerned, if he needs the Batchelor to find a wife; he must have more issues than Time Magazine! I would like to talk to all his ex's before I even kissed him.

Most of the women this season are really wacko! They are like a train wreck you can't look away from!

No one should take this show seriously (look at previous seasons)

January 19, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Kevin

I have watched every bachelor episode since its inception and I find the women to be prettier and prettier each season but, their social skills have deteriorated to basically a cat fight over the last man on earth! Their obsessive "he's mine" attitude has shown to be destructive as well as great drama for prime time TV. None of these women can honestly believe they know who is right and who isn't for Jake after only a few weeks. The women need to remember that they are selling themselves to Jake and he is charge of the choosing, not them!

January 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Shantal Anchal Korrs

Hey Vienna! Why the long face?

January 19, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Sofia

Minnie – I saw the preview you are referring to – Tenley saying she was pregnant! All we saw last night was her admitting to a previous marriage. I'm so glad you confirmed this....thought I was going crazy! And for the record – I agree – the show is rediculous...but quite entertaining!!! Most of all – I love laughing at this blog the day after! James Dinan cracks me up!

January 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Donna

I find it ironic that Ali confronted Vienna about taking up even more of Jake's time at the cocktail party. The only reason Vienna felt compelled to do that was because she had to defuse the damage that Ali tried to do during the group date. If Ali would have minded her own business, Vienna wouldn't have felt the need to pull Jake aside to defend herself. Silly women...

January 19, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Kenny

Ali is the one for Jake! She is sweet and seems the most sincere. I like Ashley and she seems real. Ella is ok but she looks too old for him and I think they lack chemistry. The others are just awful and so so fake!

January 19, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Melanie

the girls in the house need to grow up and worry about what they came there for..not what vienne does. im on her side. especially that little blonde girls trying to get the other girls to gang up on vienne. hopefully jake sees what she is really like and gets rid of her.

January 19, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  111. benswa

Best of luck to Jake. Stay away from the Blonde's with black roots. They look dirty and cheap. There is a dark haired oriental looking girl I think is really attractive. I don't know her name, but she was one of the last to receive a rose. I haven't watched the show that much, but, I hope he picks the right person, because, he seems to really care and be serious about the whole matter.

January 19, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  112. TERRIE PEARSALL

YOU PEOPLE SCARE ME WHEN YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THIS JUNK AND THINK IT'S "REAL"? HELLO,,,,,,ANYONE? HELLO? I'M EMBARRASSED FOR YOU,,, DON'T BE TELLING ANYONE THAT YOU THINK THIS IS REAL...WE ARE A "SILLY" BUNCH OF PEOPLE LIVING IN A "SILLY, SILLY" WORLD. GOD HELP US ALL!! AND I MEAN THAT.

January 19, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Sunbunny

Minnie; I saw the preview too. Tenley was just saying that to "break the ice" sortof. To help her tell him about her divorce. Don't know why they promoted that and then not show it, doesn't put her in a good light if you ask me. It was all a joke. And of course, for ratings too.

January 19, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Karen

Isn't the final result with these girls are to end up with Jake. Why do they focus all their attention on Vienna? Ok, Vienna is young and immature and has no idea about marriage or relationships. The main ring leader on the show is Barbie other words known as "Ali". The other girls are not bright thinking she has their back. Wasn't she the one last night that said she felt betrayed he was going on other alone dates. I think this season on the Bachelor has a great deal of nut cases other words FREAKS. I do not even have respect for Jake, because at the Comedy Club he was putting up with all the jokes from the girls about Vienna. I feel like I am watching Highschool all over gain, Popular girls vs non popular. Keep the focus- all of the girls want the same result to end up with Jake. FACE IT! The girls have no friends on the show. Trust No One!!!

January 19, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  115. benswa

Best of luck to Jake. He is really serious about meeting his future wife. He's finally seeing through some of the ladies (?). I'm glad he
    got rid of the "no kisser", she was something else, pretty bossy and conniving. Why was she so surprised when he asked her to leave? I would have too. There is one girl I really like, I don't know her name, but she has dark hair and she looks a little oriental. She was one of the last to receive a rose. I haven't watched the show much, but, does anyone know who I mean and is she good for Jake. Why are there so many blonde woman with black roots, they look dirty and cheap to me. If you're going to go blonde, then keep it up or let it grow out. At least try to look attractive.

January 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Sarah

Somebody please tell me why this show is still on the air when nothing ever comes of it but to show the sad sad means people will go to to meet a person and the sad means other people will go to to get entertainment?Come on really people, have a little more respect for yourself than that

January 19, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Mo

ELLA! To me she looks alot older than 29. He seems partial to blondes.

January 19, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Nicole

Vienna has a butter face (everything is pretty but-er-face). I think Ali is the one, but she needs to put some effort into doing her hair. It always looks like she rolled out of bed and swooped her hair into a messy ponytail.

January 19, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Zac

I shouldn't have even read this article but I'm out of work and bored. I can't believe people actually watch this kind of stuff. It's not reality. It's sad

January 19, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  120. ummmm

Vienna wins, btw.

January 19, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  121. monstor

I wish this show would hire a new writer. Everything is these shows are repeats. The words, drama, scripts, interactions. They're all the same. Only the people are different. It should be a game board with cardboard people. I can hardly stand to watch anymore and don't usually. Women make fools of themselves coming off so desperate. How different is it from the dark ages when women are paraded around and sold. Only the women parade themselves around and in the end they usually get dumped, before and after the proposal. Usually all but two women ruin their image and reputation. Most are demonstating the worst qualities in women.

January 19, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Lulu

I'm with you , Minnie. I waited all night long...a LONG 2 hours of my life to see Tenley give him the news she was pregnant and nothing! Thought I had missed something so asked today at work and nope, just something to drag you into watching the whole show. Now there's another 2 hours of my life I'll never get back! I think it's funny to watch Jake pick the "girl of his dreams" and find out that she's just as much as snake as he was.. I must admit, I'm hooked but only to bust a gut by laughing!!!

January 19, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  123. tom

If this is a reality show, it certainly is not mirroring reality. I dont recall knowing anybody having 10 girls proclaiming they are in love with him. This may only happen if you're in a boyband and the girls are teeners. We call that puppy love.

January 19, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  124. JANE

Ali seems to be the obvious pick on this show and I think there is a real connection with Jake. Vienna is gross looking and comes off as a desperate sleeze bucket. Michelle waas just plain wacky and Elizabeth blew it. She tried the reverse stradegy and it bit her in the face. HMMMMMMMMMM

January 19, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Dawn

There have been other ethnic women and men on this show, they just don't get picked!

January 19, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  126. sparks

Ali was and still is my #1 favorite from Day 1. Ella was a close #2. They are still in that order, however, Ali needs to start worrying about her and Jake and forget about Vienna.

January 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  127. bart barth

I basically would rather watch cartoons on television than watch this crap. Reality show..........no way reality.......

January 19, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  128. ROBIN

I can't believe any on you watch just about the most stupidest show on TV. Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  129. mrose61

My guy and I watch this show because it is entertaining. We both enjoy a mindless couple of hours of distraction at the end of the first day of the work week. We pick our favorites. Cringe at the uncomfortable moments. Laugh at the funny ones. After watching several seasons of the Bachelore and Bachelorette we would appreciate some small modifications or additions to the concept.
    1. more of a racial or ethnic mix for contestants
    2. a way for the "star" to view some of the interaction in the house without the girls (or guys) knowing what might be seen
    3. an older cast, in mid-life or later
    4. perhaps same-sex pairings, even though "marriage" is not a legal option, yet

January 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Carol

I'm so glad Michelle and Elizabeth are gone. both are wacky! My vote is for Ali or Ella.

January 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Kate

Lisa, I've been AA women on there before. Not sure what show you were watching.

January 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Kate

Susan I just had to laugh! That was just too funny!

January 19, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Kila

Vienna is going to win. It looks obvious by this story.

January 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jennifer

The clip of Tenley saying she was pregnant was a deleted scene from the show (posted on the official website). It was said as a joke, to which Jake did laugh.

January 19, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. KateNAz

Vienna is annoying to look at- there is something about her mouth that is very unattractive. Just because she's blonde doesn't mean she's more sexy, and her cattiness and accusations are getting to be a little too much.Michelle was one of the most gorgeous women there, but she is desperate and borderline psychotic and I knew she wasn't going to be around long. Something about Elizabeth seemed very fake and she may be better with kids than adults-I don't know but "nannies" to me are generally wierd.

I do like Ella-I think she is a doll and very sincere.

January 19, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  136. AP

My favorite part of watching this trash is all the women accusing each other of "being there for the wrong reasons." Do they not realize that if they're really there to find love, they are there for the wrong reasons? I watch it, but this show is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen and I'm embarrassed for all humanity that it remains on TV.

January 19, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Katie

I liked Ali at first, but she has turned into a bully. I can't believe how she manipulates the rest of the women to do and act like she wants them to, especially when it involves Vienna. God only knows what these women are really like, but watching the editing of Ali actions on the show are not flattering. But again, it is edited.

January 19, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Norma

I hope Jake is not taken in by the extra baggage of an 8-year old. Ella is no prize. Ali has the right stuff for a guy like Jake, blond and sensitive as well as sensible.

January 19, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Steve

Most reality TV shows are garbage. This one's worse.

January 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Char

I'm glad Jake was smart enough to see Elizabeth for the manipulative game-player she is. I hope he finally gains some insight and sends Vienna packing. She is not the least bit attractive, inside or out.

January 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Marj

Ali was my favorite until her mean/jealous side showed up. The rest of you Vienna haters along with Ali have no class. Do you really think going on National TV and being so petty and desperate is attractive...I just hope Jake sees though you all. I barely noticed Vienna until the attacks started, now she looks like a saint next to all those who are attacking her. And to the couple of you who are not attaking Vienna it shows you have class and integrity. Right or wrong it shows your petty side when you attack someone to the extent you all have attacked Vienna on this show. Its a game show with Jake as the prize...you are NOT better than Vienna, and Jake likes the part you all do not seem to!!! So get over yourselves.

January 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Roseanne

I noticed the same thing in the previews with Jake and Tenley. It was definitely her telling him she was pregnant – but didn't see anything on the shows that showed the same preview. I'm confused!

January 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Paula

LOL Susan!

January 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Lisa

I take anything that happens on this show as a grain of salt. The bachelor is pure ENTERTAINMENT. I do enjoy watching every last one of those women make a fool of themselves... This show is a cultural disaster... never seen any Indian, Asian, or African America people on this show beit bachelor, bachelorette, or contestant....only desperate, spotlight hungry, pitiful causians....what's up with that?

January 19, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Joe

These are the type of shows that take away from any normality of a natural relationship and feeds inexperienced individuals into a superficial view of how relationships should be...

January 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Lyn L

I agree with GPND – they are all so catty it's maddening. I also agree they should leave Vienna alone. Did they actually think they wouldn't have to listening to each other gush about their one-on-one dates. Grow thicker skin! Also I think that Corrie's "comedy" routine was sickening. My mother always said "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Learn it, live it, ladies (?)

January 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Dana

I absolutely love Ella! Corrie has to be the ugliest skinny girl I have ever seen. These women are just vicious. They have really got the claws out this season! Vienna just grates my nerves. Ella all the way ..I HOPE!!!!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Ray

Why do people (women) watch this crap? Just to watch other women being nasty to each other and play games? Romance is DEAD with a freak show, circus act like this. If anyone is watching to see if two people can find love this way... please get psychological help.

January 19, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Mindy

I miss Michelle. Crazy people make for good TV entertainment. Bring back Michelle!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  150. minnie

Did anyone else see the preview of last night's show with Tenly saying she was pregnant? what happened to that? Watched the whole episode and never heard about it again...

January 19, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Susan

Ladies, it's "catty", not "caddy". the women are not carrying around jake's golf clubs.

January 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Carol

The girls, they don't act like women, that dislike Vieanna the most are jealous and feel challenged by her. They pick at her to start arguements and talk about her to Jake to throw a bad light on her and a good one on themselves, they hope.

January 19, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Maureen

I am so tired on the Vienna conspiracy; she is actually very real and needs to be left alone...especially from Ali, who I loved at first and now can't stand her. I thought it was funny that most of the girls were reprimending Vienna for interrupting Jake and Elizabeth, come on, that is the way they try to get time with him, they are all included in that mix! I like Tenly at this point and I feel sorry for Vienna

January 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Doxiemom

When are they going to take this crap off the air??
    It makes women look like bunch of desperate idiots!!

January 19, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Kathleen

Sad to say, but I have been watching... The whole situation is artificial. There is no way either Jake and the woman he chooses will know they are right for each until after the show and they are not "dating" on camera. We've seen all too often how the women or men chosen at the end does not up marrying the bachelor or bachelorette.

January 19, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Laurin

Ella is my favorite so far. SOOOOO Michelle is gone!! I mean really, she's going to threaten to leave,AGAIN, and is surprised when Jake agrees that she needs to go?

January 19, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  157. barb

I can't date a (feminine) guy who is about to bungy jump and is crying in the shoulder of some blonde woman...buddy, seriously, get a grip, at least pretend to be cool...no wonder this guy can't seem to, in his words, "get a second date". also anyone notice that when he kisses one of the women, one of his eyes looks at the camera, then he stops, haha funny, check it out next time.

January 19, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  158. Gwendolyn

We watch this as it is SO funny. I mean really this whole concept is insane but makes for great television. And, Michelle should have been gone IMMEDIATELY! and Vienna – ick! I agree with others posting here that Jake should think back to Wes and meeting with Jillian to inform her. Watching the puzzled look on Jake's face turn into that goofy grin at the snap of a finger is great! Ella seems like the real deal but whether or not they are a match? I thought it VERY risky to bring her 7 yr old son in so soon. Can't wait till next Monday night!

January 19, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  159. Madelaina

I think this show is simply legalized prostitution. To think that any sane woman would go for a guy that is kissing etc etc all these other "ladies" while trying to decide if his "future wife" is in the room is absolutely revolting. Then for the final three! They each get to "audition" for the part and then...if they do really good...then they might get a ring and A proposal!!!

This show will go down in history as the worst embarrassment ever made on television.....Anyone involved in this asinine production should be ashamed.

January 19, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  160. connie

I just don't get how you can really fall in love in such a short amount of time and be sure that you want to get married? I also think that all but two or three are there to get their 15 mins of fame. They are all like to beg for attention and affection. I

January 19, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  161. Angela

Who is Valishia and where did she come from. yeah she did fly under the radar but guess she got caught. I never even noticed her till this time. He gave her a rose last week? When I don't even remember her. I like Tenly, Alli, and Ella the best!

January 19, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  162. shanti.dela

I love Ella and Ali

January 19, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  163. Ellen

I am embarassed to say I am of the same species as this group. They should all mind their own business and stay focused on why they are there and remain true to themselves. They spend more time telling each other why each of them should not be there. Caddy, caddy and very immature. They're all way too young for him. Even if one talks about another, they should not all get into the mix. It's really negative and so dysfunctional.

January 19, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  164. Micahsa

Favorite line:

Jake: "The hard thing about dating so many women is..."

Poor Jake.

January 19, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  165. soneill

Who in their right mind would even care about any of this? It is beyond belief that anyone would watch a television show of this mentality.

January 19, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  166. RD

It took Jake TOOO long to eliminate Michelle-this is one of the few times I agree with one of the "other" contestants...she doesn't need a husband she needs a shrink. I also wondered the same thing about Valishia–who was she????

January 19, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  167. GPND

They are all so mean and catty. Hard to like any of them at this point!

January 19, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  168. karen

So glad Elizabeth was recognized as a game player and ousted.

January 19, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  169. Mellie

With all the drama surrounding Vienna, wouldn't one think that Jake should be sensitive to the feelings of the people in the house since he was once one of them and had to tell Jillian that one of the guys was not what he seemed, and it was the truth. Maybe he should take cues from his past and not ignore what other people know and feel

January 19, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  170. blonde13

I think the women on this show except for maybe 2 are not there for Jake. I think they should leave Vienna alone and that in the end Ella may be the one. The other girls are there to just play games.

January 19, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |