January 19th, 2010

Beyonce wants to have a baby – someday

testing captions
testing captions

Grammy award winning artist Beyonce Knowles wants to be a mom someday, but she isn't rushing to expand her family with hip hop star husband Jay-Z just yet.

"I definitely want to have a child, but I know from my nephew it's a lot. I hope that those things will just happen naturally. I still haven't had time to relax," she said in an upcoming interview in Allure magazine.

But don't expect her to be running to the press with her baby news. Beyonce says protecting her private life and her marriage is paramount.

"I feel that I was born to entertain, but I want my music and my talent to speak for themselves, I don’t want my personal life, my mistakes, or my marriage or whatever to interfere when I’m on the stage. It’s when I feel the most confident, the most in control,” Knowles told the magazine.

And losing that baby weight shouldn't be a problem for the "Single Ladies" singer, who is up for 10 Grammy awards this weekend, she doesn't mind having a little bit of extra junk in her trunk.

"I always say, 'I don't want to lose my curves,' I like firm curves. You can never do enough squats, you can never do enough sit-ups. I like for women to look feminine," Knowles said.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities

1. Megna

She will be a great mom. I think she should not wait long to have one.
    Again having a child is a great responsibity and need alot of attention.
    Hope she can cope with motherhood and her career.

January 20, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Franky, Land of Lincoln

Actually, however people categorize you will be based on how good of a singer you are, since she's in fact a singer, entertainer, etc. And I gotta say, she does a good job, a heck of a good job maintaining that balance. Same thing applies to a politician, an athlete, singer, etc.

If you're a good singer, then the nice, good stereotypes will be apply to you. Talented, smart, intelligent, etc. But if your behavior is inconsistent with who you are as a singer, then stereotypes can turn deadly, just look at Chris Brown. That's one great example and Rihanna took a hit too.

I think Angelina Jolie is another great example but she has a lot of baggage. Too much baggage. But she does do a good job in maintaining her identity and her kids(adoptive). But she's probably the most unorthodox one who maintains a balance like no other girl, for example.

Beyonce does a heck of a job keeping that balance and if she has a child, trust me, good things will happen to her externally. The only negative is that she won't have time, don't have effort, belief, etc but she knows, she does seem very smart. Good for her.

January 20, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lucy

who cares! She will have a baby or not when she wants to. She is 28 years old after all.

January 20, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. robjan

I thought Jay already had a child?

January 20, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Vicky B.

You know what??? I am SO sick of hearing about Beyonce and this continual media stuff on her is getting VERY old. Who cares if she wants to be a mom or not! We have much more important things to think about these days, like where all the orphan children will end up from Haiti or what Simon Cowell will be doing next.

Beyonce can only hold her own for so long, and then her little heyday will be over. And, in my opinion, it's about that time.

January 20, 2010 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. guest

I'm bettin that Jay is ready for kids, but he's just playin it cool until Beyonce feels comfortable with the idea. Beyonce won't be ready until age 32... or later. Watch!

January 20, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. wendy neely

Beyonce has PLENTY of time to have a child. What's with the rush and why is everyone on her and J to have a child? I'm sure that she realizes that children truly are a gift from God and not to be raised by nannies. And when she does have beautiful children she will devote the needed time and energy to raising him or her. Beyonce, you just do you!!!

January 19, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. rs1981

I'm glad to see Beyonce is going about it the right way, and not rushing into having kids. She's young yet, and she needs to get herself situated to where she feels ready to have kids. Good luck to you Beyonce in your eventual quest to have kids. Don't let anyone rush you into anything.

January 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LBW

She lives a fairy tale life and if having a baby one day will complete her happiness then I wish that for her. Life is tough enough and seeing that some dreams do come true gives hope to people like me.

January 19, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ruth

who freaking cares. I mean really but as much as I love Beyonce I am ready for her to go sit down somewhere and be a wife and mom.

January 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |