January 14th, 2010

Obama on Tiger Woods

testing captions
testing captions

Tiger Woods' sponsors may have turned against him, but at least one person is still rooting for the disgraced golfer - and hoping for the best.

President Barack Obama told People magazine during an exclusive interview that he believes Tiger will try to put his life back together again, following his admission of infidelity.

“I don’t want to comment on his personal relationship with his wife and family, but I’m a strong believer that anybody can look within themselves, find their flaws and fix them,” Obama said.  “I’m sure he feels terrible about what happened, and I suspect that he will try to put his life back together again.”

Post by: ,
Filed under: Tiger Woods

1. blood pressure reading

I just couldn't leave your site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info an individual supply for your guests? Is going to be again steadily to inspect new posts

July 5, 2012 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. Michael

Debra R,

Oh shucks!

Now I recall where I saw Fox "journalists". The FX Channel. Oops, no. Or was it the Cartoon Network? Um, Fantasy Island? Dang, Infomercial? Uh, Pat Robertson Hour?

Maybe I don't recall...

...oh well.

My bad. Sorry.

January 15, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kster

Tiger Woods is a human first and surprise let the guy be himself he is still the same person. There is nothing new here, he had always been like that its just that you didn't know that part of his life or he was never caught. It shouldn't matter Go Tiger gett'm on the course. Obama good answer by the way and the sheeple whining would have preferred him say no comment or next question?

January 15, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael

Legit FOX journalists?

Where do we find them?

January 15, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Amber Wilbur

thats funny, I'm sure Bill Clinton said the same thing....

January 15, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dimes1

Sure Obummer backs tiger. Celebrities must back each other. Remember Obummer is only about image, fluff and his liberal big spending agenda. Enjoy the next three years, you are one and done.

January 15, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Oak

Debra please. FOX legit. What's wrong with peolpe like you? I feel so sorry for people like you, you are so lost.

January 15, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ed G

Let's remember one thing; it takes two to Tango. Those women knew he is married. They knew he has two children. And they still went after him without a second thought. While Tiger is losing a lot of endorsements, these so called ladies are making big bucks telling what they did to include all the raunchy details.
    So now we have a young man that made some poor decisions that will pay for it the rest of his life and a bunch of "ladies" that will make a lot of money from their immoral behavior.
    A lot of people are judging Tiger; but I see no one judging the ladies that were key in bringing this guy down.
    Is Tiger at fault? Yes he is. But so are the money grubbing ladies.
    If anything, Tiger is a poster child for what is wrong in our society.

January 15, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kee

I think this whole tiger woods thing is getting old , i mean , this isn't really none of the media's business or ours. And as for Obama's comment , like WOW ! He's the president , I could understand if he was commenting on Haiti but Tiger Woods?!

...No. That's another comment and another subject that shouldn't be held with Obama. He has other things to worry about like...THE COUNTRY! I think People magazine should for once, stay out of Tiger's business it's bad enough people are turning on him. Obama doesn't have time to comment on EVERYTHING and EVERYONE

January 15, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Shelly

Typical Obama Grandstanding Again! Knows a lil bit about everything but not enough about what is important....like the economy...Mr. Prez go back to work or get a talk show. Seriously I can't believe I voted for you.

January 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sophie

@ Debra, there are no legit journalists on FOX. If there were, then people like you would appreciate what President Obabma has done for this country as opposed to the way things were this time last year. FOX is afraid to tell you the truth and it's obvious you couldn't handle it anyway.

January 15, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bev

Too many serious issues going on in the US and the world we need to focus on. Tiger has the money and resources to get a handle on whatever ails him. Unemployment, health insurance, Haiti and the list goes on an on.....come on PEOPLE!

January 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Franky, Land of Lincoln

What a surprise, People Magazine. :)

Where's the Rolling Stones? Where's TMZ? And where's all the other magazines that he's used to and quite sadly, the only people that got his back through these tough times, huh? Where are they at?

Are those legit magazines, or wait, are those legit magazines in general? :)

Sorry but I like to be a smartass every now and then.

January 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. macattack

Do you guys really think that the only question asked during the interview was about Tiger Woods? People Magazine has had an interview with nearly every President since its inception. If you need to criticize the guy please find something more substantial than a comment to a by-the-way question about Tiger Woods.......Jeeez

January 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

I agee that Obama shouldn't waste time commenting on everything. He has made enough messes already that he has to clean up without focusing on Tiger Woods. I mean, who even cares about a Golfer? He is nothing in the scheme of things. His wife is thanking God every day he did this. She married him for the money and now she is going to get what she wanted. She fully deserves what she got with him. She knew what she was getting in to and didn't care, as again, she was after the money. If this didn't come out in the press, you better believe she wouldn't have said anything or would have kept it quiet and took as much money as she could to get rid of the guy.

January 15, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. versus

@ Hollie,

Americans always speak poorly of their elected officials, especially the President. Too many of us Americans have this belief that one party is right and the other is wrong, but fail to realize that we have two factions of one party. Just another way to divide.

January 15, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. K. Perkins

Oh FOX news is legit? Now that's news...LMAO. Sweetie he won the election by a HISTORICAL margin!!! That means you are the minority get over it.

January 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Debra R

Wow Barry can't turn down any interview op or photo op can he? Oh, wait, he can talk to a trashy tabloid like People but won't speak with legit journalists on FOX? That's because he can give his warm and fuzzy BS answers and no one calls him on it.

January 15, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. Steeve-O

People should leave Tiger Woods alone. Yes he made big errors in judgement, did you all forget he was a human being? Why do we hold celebrities to such high standards? Just so we can cut them down for our entertainment when we need some distraction? I'd like to assume 80% of celebrities are jerks, and just let me know when they do something nice. Otherwise, please give them their privacy.

January 15, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  20. HahaRon

@Ron...Wow! Could you have picked 3 more plastic people to have as your heroes? Tiger? Edwards? McGwire???? Haha. EVERYBODY knew the bash brothers were roid freaks. Wait? You wrote Mcguire, does Toby have a brother named Mark, and what did he do to disappoint you?

January 15, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. Ludwig

What was he going to say – "I do not want to answer that Q., I do not like the Q., Next Q."?

January 15, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. Matt

I think it's nice that the President keeps up with what goes on in the entertainment world. I agree with what he says, too. Ever hear of leave personal problems on the doorstep of work? Tiger needs to just get back to golfing like nothing happened so that this media circus will leave him alone. It's then, when the spotlight is turned off, he can fix his family. For the sake of his kid, I hope that happens.

January 15, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. ALS

Hey Obama....America called.....they want their President back! Why the heck is he commenting on Tiger? Isn't that the job of the paparazzi? NEWSFLASH!!!! YOU ARE THE PRESIDENT!! Do your job!

January 15, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  24. jfc1

"It's the typical Obama answer. Say something, but don't really say anything. But then when your approval rating is stuck under 50% you don't want to rock the boat any more than it has to be done."

...jeez, no wonder foreigners have lost so much respect for Americans. They seem to have spent their time perfecting their ability to say singularly-stupid things all in perfect seriousness, all while expecting to be taken seriously.

January 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Marc

I don't think he should even be asked about it. I know it is 'People' magazine, but when interviewing a sitting president, especially at times such as these, the questions should be kept to a higher level. The public's fascination with Tiger Wood's marital problems illustrates how warped our priorities are.

January 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jessica*

Earth Quake killings thousands in Haiti......Tiger Woods marital problems.... What should we ask the president about?...Hmm..this is hard.

I vote TIGER WOODS!

Seriously?

January 14, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. wb

Hollie – One of the great things about our country is we can say and think what we want about our elected officials. As a former service member, I had to respect the President of the United States since he was in my chain of command. Didn't mean I had to agree with him, and as a public citizen couldn't criticize him, just means I had to respect the office... and I still do regardless of what I think the last few clowns who have been in office have done (or not done).

January 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Suki

Scott, he was asked by the media to answer the question, thats why he made his comment. Sure he's got other things to worry about, like fixing the mess of 8 years Georgie left us! But when asked, he answered.

January 14, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sharon

Yea, Tiger made a very BIG error in judgement. His wife and he are the one to live with the consequences. America should really stay out of it. Our business is his golf game and that only as his fans. It is sad that the media goes on and on about these reports. He who is without sin should throw the first stone. What he did is VERY WRONG but get over it and let the man live his life and try to rebuild his relationship, whatever that may be. with Elin and his children. NOT OUR BUSINESS.

January 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  30. KC

Mr. Prez, why are you giving People magazine an interview???

January 14, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Annia

Are you kidding? That guy is too far gone. He is not a man, but a little boy who runs away from the mess he made, that's because others always clean up his mess for him. Go Elin, "don't get even, get everything!!!"

January 14, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LBW

What Obama said was nice. Hoping that someone can get their life back on track is a good thing.

January 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Hollie

With the exception of Ron ... I would just like to say as a Canadian, it is a breath of fresh air to read POSITIVE comments about President Obama. The posts on other news websites from readers are so painful and awful to read. I don't know why Americans have such a hate on for this man. It makes Americans look so bad when they openly speak of their President with such disrespect! I believe Obama is very well spoken and answered the silly question the best way he could. If he just said no comment ... then everyone would have been angry about that!

January 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. scott

Mr. Prez, do you have to have a comment on everything? Go work on jobs and a righteous health care plan.

January 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ron

This is the year my heroes all went south. John Edwards, done. Tiger Woods, history. Mark Mcguire, up in smoke. I had some "hope" in the president. That as well I'm afraid was just a dream. Earth to President–don't comment any more about Tiger.

January 14, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. crystal

Did the media really think The President of the US, would give a personal opinion on Tiger Woods, how can that help the economy?Media get a grip.

January 14, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Diva

Dear Mr. President,
    Please, please, PLEASE do not comment on Tiger Woods. All we need is some big boned republican saying that you "defend" a guy who cheats on his wife like Tiger. I know you are awesome – but PLEASE don't comment anymore.
    Sincerly,
    Diva

January 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Bill

Good answer. I don't get why the media feels to ask the president his opinion on EVERYTHING. He has more important things to think and talk about than Tiger Woods, but then again, that's what you get when you do an interview with a tabloid rag like People.

January 14, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |