January 8th, 2010

No more Hannah Montana?

testing captions
testing captions

Hannah Montana fans don’t have to start freaking out just yet.

The popular Disney series starring teen sensation Miley Cyrus is reportedly ending, but studio officials say the series finale isn’t scheduled to air until Spring 2011 - more than a year away.

A spokesperson for Disney confirmed to CNN on Friday that season four production of the show is scheduled to begin on January 18 and will wrap at the end of this year.

And while it will mark the end of production, the show itself has awhile to play out given that the end of season three doesn’t hit the air waves until March 2010.

Show producers promise plenty of surprises and a story line where Miley Stewart faces big decisions on whether or not to stay in Los Angeles or follow her heart and return to Tennessee.

So breathe easy tweens. You’ve still got some Hannah Montana to go!

1. hey!

Everyone if you hate Miley and Hannah why are you still waisting your time looking her up now I really like her she's Not perfect we arn't either and we wouldnt like it if other people would judge us GO miley you rock stay strong!!!

November 21, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. nya

i hate milley cyrus she is a bad influnce for kids she cant sing and she was pole dancing she is an idiot i just hate her and she was talking about some superstars

June 29, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mariyah

there should be more hannah montana.i dont care what they say.i dont care if they say shes gay.i still like hannah montana!i love u hannah montana and u rock!

June 16, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nikki

Thank GOD.
    NO MORE smiling GUM
    Can't stand the show, unfortunately my nieces watch them all the time.

January 12, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joycelyn

Im 14 and I do not look up to Miley Cyrus, I dont even like her music, even though I do like her show. She is not my idol...you cannot say that when you were little you did not dream of being famous...can you? So leave Miley alone because she did not do a thing to anyone...without Miley, there would be a bunch of 10 yeaar olds running around idolizing Brittney Spears...would you like that? I thought not...so if you do not have anything nice to say about Miley then dont say anything at all...OKAY?! Im pretty sure she doesnt care anyway

January 12, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. DeJaVu

Good riddance! The world was better off with Brittany as a role model for teens… if you believe that anyone in Hollywood is a good role model. If I never have to hear another song, tweet, TV show, or movie with Miley Cyrus, I’ll sleep easy at night. I don’t care if she had it easy because of her dad – or if some people think she really paved her own course, either way; she’s a terrible actress/singer.

January 12, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. hahababy

hannah i love your songs and your acting ability... my joy is in the fact that you are not perfect, that's what makes you human... and not some superfical idots who dont know there right to left but rather sit back to critizes those making attempts at lifes oppotunity.
    YOU ROCK MILEY

January 12, 2010 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Barbara

this is to everyone trashing miley cyrus and saying that she is only where she is because of her dad, get a life, if you have watched her biography you would know that it took two years of her auditioning for the part before they actually cast, sorry but i do not think that was her daddy getting her the job!

January 11, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. maddison

i am so happy that hannah montana is no more. miley cyrus is a very bad influnce on todays children. the only reason she scored her role on hannah montana and her singing career is because of her dad billy ray. it is absolutly obsured that little girls look up to her as a role model, she has been in the media more than some stars that have been around for awhile. SO LONG MILEY

January 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sushi

I don't care about her show because I'm 30. Not 12.

That said, Miley Cyrus is one of the many celebs who got to where they are because they had a famous daddy. We all sound better in the shower honey. Don't confuse that with actual talent.

January 11, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. shauna

For as singing, she actually is better at country than pop.

January 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ash3589

I don't really CARE about what happens to HER or HER SHOW because she was just another person an she is a WASTE OF TV TIME her voice is Annoying she doesnt deserve to have a show or get money there are people in this world that need money she has enough of it from her DAD

January 11, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. Randy

I'm not a big fan of the TV generated talents. Most turn out to be more self destructive than any of the attention they get is worth...

At least with Miley we get someone who seems to be more grounded and in control of herself than most. And to see entertainment that actually "entertains" versus the so called "15 minute success reality TV crap", is to me more refreshing than I've seen in a long time.

A good example is how many young folks are watching things like Retro Television. Old shows that actually entertain. Either way, to me, Miley has come a long way from her starting point and I hope she can keep her values without allowing the "Entertainment Industry Grinding Mill" from tearing her apart. Good Luck Miley, and thanks for keeping my daughters entertained these last few years...

Randy

January 11, 2010 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tera

Being a mother of two, I hear all this talk about role models for kids and how all these famous losers are suppose to be someone for our kids to look up to, since when is it okay to have a stranger be a role model for our children I thought we as parents are suppose to be the ones that raise our children and teach them right from wrong, how to act, how to dress, all the things that we let these idiot morons show our young impressionable kids. All Hollywood is, is a big land of stupid lazy people that don't really contribute a whole lot to society, and we all wonder whats wrong with the world today, well gee just turn the t.v. on and look at all the fake people who think that their the greatest thing and they deserve to be worshiped and treated special.. I'm a nurse at a VA hospital and I take care of veterans everyday who are really truely deserving and special people who should be treated alot better then they are, along with every other contributing member of society who got an education and go to work everyday and get paid crap money and really do make this world go round. We can all live without the stars of Hollywood but how would it be if we didn't have those people who plant our food, who give us electric, who help the sick, who teach our youth, who really make a difference. And we are the ones who make the Hannna Montanas of the world famous so lets stop!!!

January 11, 2010 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jordash

Im glad that she's going off the air. I loved the show when it first came out, catchy tunes, good laughs, cool clothes. But through the last year or so i;ve noticed that the episodes are becoming more and more grownup. I've noticed little innuendos here and there, dirty sarcasm, and the show is just becoming way too hollywood for me. I liked the little show that was not yet a huge hit. Also, Miley's attitude has become a lot more rude sassy and obnoxious in the show, and shes so spoiled. Its not a good show for kids anymore. It's swiftly moving right up for teens who will sit, watch, and not admit that they like the show.

January 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. HidingBehindAKeyboard

please god, please. miley represents all that is wrong with pop culture. please send her the way of the macarena.

January 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Paula

This program is not allowed to be watched in my household which consists of me and my 7 year old niece. Miley Cyrus is NOT a good role model for young girls nor a person who young girls should be introduced to. Miley is a very young girl and yet her ignorant father for the sake of stardom allows her to act as though she is in her late 20's. I blame her retarded father. It disgusts me when there are articles about this CHILD and her love life, has she even started her cycle yet? Point being she is to young to be in the public's eye talking about love which she knows nothing about. It's just sad.

January 10, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. Tiffany

Not to worry, kids. As soon as she's got the boot, they'll usher in the next vapid, cookie-cutter airhead for you to idolize.

It's really a shame that our children aren't offered anything more stimulating than this. The shows I watched as a child were far more creative, clever, and diverse. Everything on the Disney Channel (as well as the other children's networks) is so formulaic and mechanical, from plot to characters, that they're almost completely interchangeable with one another.

That said, I'll be glad to see this particular child star drop off the radar for a bit, but we all know that with her absence will come a fresh wave of "child stars", aka marketing opportunities designed to rape parents' wallets.

January 10, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. Steve-O

Yay! And parents everywhere rejoice!

January 9, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sillykhan

I love watching her show. She makes me laugh. She reminds me of Lucy Ball.

January 9, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Rodicus

Hannah Montana is no more harmful to kids today than Looney Tunes reruns were to kids of the 60's-70's. That being said, I have never cared for the commercialization of Disney or it's cable channel, which used to be a beacon of light (along with NIckelodeon before it went commercial) on an otherwise bland era for cable TV. True role models are lost on today's youth.

January 9, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. finally

yeah yeah yeah what makes her special. Her daddy used his connection or money to put her out there. unfortunately i saw the movie it was a serious joke.

January 9, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. @cruddycat

Have you actually watched the show? I have, in order to monitor what my kids are watching. The father is not portrayed as useless, nor as a moron. Perhaps you're confusing him with the character of the older brother. Now that's a useless moron.

January 9, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. flugel76

She is NOT a great singer, and she is NOT a great actress. The only reason she has a career at all is because her daddy made enough money of his one-hit wonder, which in itself was a fabrication by record executives, to bribe her into show business.

The world will be a better place when that fake blonde wig is discarded, and we can finally move being that inane, shallow and pedantic "music"...

January 9, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Debra R

Good luck to Miley. it's time to do other things. I hope her transition is smoother than Brit or LiLo.

January 9, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kevin

I disagree with those trashing Miley. I work in the music world, and yes, her voice isn't as pure as many "non-acting" singers, but she is an extremely talented entertainer, who I believe IS a great role model. I have two daughters who love Miley... they still "play outside" amidst their favorite TV shows. Miley has inspired them to come out of their shells and gain confidence as they develop in their young years. It's a clean show in this day/age. Regardless of what people say, teen idols go all the way back in time, and the craze has always existed. Good for them to be successful... the true test to me is how they use their talent and success throughout life. So far, Miley is still building her career in a positive way. Good for her and her fans!

January 9, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  27. Angie

Wasn't that basically the entire basis of the Hannah Montana movie? o.O

January 9, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  28. Taylor

Im glad she going to stop make that show. I hate it

January 8, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. cruddycat

Hannah Montana is a good example of a no talent, empty headed hack and the promoting of an empty and vacuous lifestyle that is made to seem so attractive to young girls. A poster child for white trash. Her father, who portrayed as a useless moron, represents the trashing of the value of the American family. We wonder why children turn out so dysfunctional.

January 8, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. sonam

thank god she's off..

January 8, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kel

Sad, when I was a child I cared nothing for teen celebs. What happened to playing outside with friends? Our all kids just watching tv, browsing the internet, texting and playing video games. If so the future is looking more bleak. When I was a kid people certainly liked teen sensations, but it wasn't an obsession and certainly not people we considered role models.

It's sad that people who don't contribute to society earn more money than those that work hard to get a good education and earn their way to the top. Miley gets paid more than my older sister who's been teaching for 10 years. Now that's truly sad! Does anybody else see something wrong with this?

January 8, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ken

She is actually a pretty decent actress, but definitely not a good singer. Taylor Swift snigs circles around Miley and Miley still sounds like the young girl who decided she wanted to hold a microphone. She certainly does not have a pure singing voice like real singers. And yes, I even saw her in concert.

January 8, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LBW

It's time and it will take a lot of pressure off of her about this role model thing.

January 8, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Barbara

well i think that i will be sad when it does end cause miley is a great singer and a great actress

January 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |