January 5th, 2010

Vince Vaughn marries girlfriend Kyla Weber

testing captions
testing captions

“Wedding Crashers” star Vince Vaughn was married over the weekend to girlfriend Kyla Weber.

The nuptials consisted of a small ceremony of family and friends in a suburb of Chicago close to where the actor grew up, a rep for Vaughn confirmed to CNN.

The intimate affair took place on Saturday and is the first marriage for Vaughn, 39 and Weber, 31, a Canadian estate agent.

The couple have been dating for two years but have managed to keep their courtship largely out of the public eye, unlike Vaughn’s past relationship with Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston.

Vaughn proposed to Weber last Valentine's Day. He told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres that he picked that day so he would never forget his anniversary.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities

1. liahgakwato

Increasingly popular as being a formal Oxford sturdy http://www.cheapshoesen.com – retro jordan outletfootwear with rubber bottoms. A dark red colored oxford shoes popular semi-dressy events and put in a little flair. You'll find many types of shoes oxford, updated with heels, http://www.cheapshoesen.com – retro jordan for salean increasingly feminine appearance.

July 15, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Geonnaopere

lMtxSk monster beats studio jRmrMr http://monsterbeatsheadphonessale.us/

June 13, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. Locket Necklace :

vince vaughn's height is very impressive and he is a handsome guy too".~

October 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Archie Hill

i saw vince vaugn in person and this guy is really tall';"

September 29, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lily Walker

Vince Vaughn is one of the best comedians today, he is also a very good looking guy.~`:

July 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. guest

Marie, This is the entertainment section of the cnn website. Its not world changing news, its "entertainment" news. You see the website is broken down into different "Categories" and you can choose what your interested in reading about. Mind blowing isn't it?

January 7, 2010 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. bluesy

hahahaha
    well, that was entertaining

also, i thought marie was trolling y'all

further, i've had a crush on vince vaughn for years,. i hope they are happy forever. that they have been able to keep such a low profile for 2 years bodes well for their sensibilities

best wishes

January 6, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Debbie

Lighten up people. Be happy for him, not all news should be bad. I think we have enough bad news to last all of us awhile. Good for you Vince, I live not far from Lake Forest, would have loved to run into you. Wishing you and your new bride many years of happiness and good health.

January 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dumbo

who asked for anyone's opinion here anyway. It's just a news story about an actor getting married. What a bunch of numb nuts wasting time leaving comments about this story in the first place. Get a job or something.

January 6, 2010 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kanye

Vince, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish your honeymoon but Beyonce had one of the best wedding of all time!

January 6, 2010 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. DrRx

Another Jennifer Aniston ex who married someone else. So sad....

January 6, 2010 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa

I agree, she would never give him the time of day if he was a wal*mart employee......he has the best looking wife that his fame and wallet could buy......that's not necessarily bad, but let's call it what it is.

Having said that, I definitely wish them the best......hope they have a lasting and healthy relationship that is bigger than the celebrity life.

Speaking of which, I laugh every time I hear someone say to leave celebrities personal lives alone....did you REALLY think that those in the entertainment industry were just selling a professional image and not themselves personally.....absolutely not......never have and never will......the public...the consumers....the people who make these celebrities millions....have always been interested in the person, and if they weren't, then these people would be meaningless (in this regard = not celebrities) because they wouldn't go to their movies, buy their cds, tune in to letterman to see their interview, wait overnight to get their concert tickets, become groupies, etc etc. Get real. The huge payoff of celebrity status not only comes with a price (loss of privacy), the loss of privacy (in the way of paps following you, people wanting to know all about your personal life) is necessary in order to become a celebrity. If that level of interest wasn't there, they wouldn't make the big celebrity bucks to begin with. Nice try, but we all learned years ago that you cant have your cake and eat it too.

January 6, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. Donald

I've never posted on CNN, or any other website, and I usually find the comments below an article raunchy, but I have to say I laughed so hard reading these comments. I hope the new nuptials print these off for their wedding scrapbook. Hilarious. Seriously, I don't know if I should say sorry or thank you to Maria, and I sure hope Vince remembers his anniversary next year.

January 6, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff

I bet Marie thinks twice before throwing her two cents out. I kinda feel bad for her.

But anyway......yes, it's fluff. But much entertainment news is just that.

And once in awhile, I'd rather read about someone getting married than some lard-butt radio host (or a lard-butt former VP, or some lard-butt, recently-divorced politico) spewing venom about the current administration.

There.
    I feel better already.

January 6, 2010 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. Megan Webb

Thats great for him he needed to get married.

January 6, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. ChrisS

Marie – I love you, will you marry me. We don't have to announce our wedding date to anyone if you don't want to.

January 6, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mena

ooo-la-la...

January 6, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  18. juicey blueberry

He is funny but he is a handful,,I wish them well, she'll need it !

January 5, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Neillio

This is the best thread of comments I've ever read in my life. I don't have the vocabulary to describe it, but all the comments on the comments are a riot- like looking into a mirror to see another mirror across the room. It's making my brain hurt, all the layers of comments. Thank you Marie!

January 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. RADIO ROY

I like the Hockey jersey. I want one!

January 5, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. artstruck

jdub – love it!!! I was just contemplating the hypocrisy myself – all the rants against news of Rosie O'Donnell's new flame vs all the support for Vince on his new marriage. What a double standard.

January 5, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Gary

Wondering if anyone will crash Vince's wedding?

January 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Josh

Good luck guys. Good to see celebs marry outside of the business. Hope they make it. Maybe Jennifer could take a lesson from her ex.

January 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. horse

I want you to want to do the dishes!

January 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jaime Greer

Kyla
    No laughing at Vince on your wedding night. Congrats.

January 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Margie

CONGRADULATIONS VINCE AND KYLA!! I am a HUGE fan of Vince's and have been for a very long time, and I'm so happy that he has found someone that he can love forever, and I pray that they do!! If he loves Kyla, than I do too!

January 5, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. adrifter

It looks like Vince is a hockey fan, judging from the Chicago Black Hawks jersey. That's always a good start when marrying a Canadian. Best of luck.

January 5, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Don

Way to go Vince..I sure the marriage will last forever.

January 5, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jane doe

Darnit....i guess i have no chance now!!! Good for him. And yes shes absolutely beautiful!

January 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  30. josephine

I've never found him attractive. I'd like to have his money though.

January 5, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Carol TORONTO, ONTARIO

Cheers to the new couple. I'll just leave it at that.

January 5, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. dan

you dont think if he was working in walmart she would have anything to do with him
    she must have has lawyers working on the prenups for weeks
    hope hes got at least 10 million set aside for her.
    at least she wont get 300 million like tigers wife.
    so much for true love

January 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. tiff

Two less lonely people in the world.

January 5, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. cheryl buchanan

how does proposing on valentine's day make a January anniversary easier to remember?

January 5, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. j

I love this....

January 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jennifer A

I'll give it two years tops.

January 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. RT

This won't last very long......he's an idiot!! And she's desparate!!!

January 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. The Other Son

I'm with 'The Son', she is SMOKIN hot!

January 5, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  39. LBW

It will last is she loves him as much as he loves himself.

January 5, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. John

A question to all of those posters who constantly complain, 'Why is this considered news?": how often do you post comments about the articles on international politics or the global financial crisis? My guess is never because you're too busy reading (and responding to) these fluff pieces. Most of us are entertained by this stuff because it's kind of fun to read about famous people we pretend to know.

January 5, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  41. sf

OH HAPPY DAYS!

January 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Heather

Joi - really? I hope you don't say that about the people you know personally when they get married. Have some faith, seriously. Not every marriage ends in divorce.

January 5, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Missy

Good one, Mike! I've never seen Vince Vaughan as much of a big deal, though a big deal has certainly been made of him. That being said, I wish him and his new wife much happiness, as they do deserve that!

January 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  44. joi

I give it less then a yr.

January 5, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. marie

thanks for all the post guys i had a bet that i can get twenty responses!!!

January 5, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Fred H.

God Bless them both!

January 5, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mike

It would have been funny to crash that wedding.

Congrats!

January 5, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jmh

marie, i love your post ... cnn is entertaining as a whole (look at their headline news ... a) snow boosts pizza delivereis, b) Ex-NBA star crashes into a tree, c) most don't like their jobs ... it's not serious news or commentary ... but it works for the hoards of us (and when you come to terms with it – you too) who want to read a tabloid and get entertained while being kept abreast of the top news stories each day ... the internet has billions of topics and this line for what shouldn't be included falls way below this type of stuff.

January 5, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jdub

GAG! hetero couples are disgusting! Get this off the news!

January 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ohcrapoh

Perhaps Marie is really... JENNIFER ANISTON!!!

January 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Margaret Kelley

I find it nice to have some "light" reading, with good news. We get the gloom and doom everyday. And to quote others, don't read it if you don't want to, it is your choice.
    Congrats Vince and I hope it is a long, happy marriage.

January 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mat J

Kudos marie, for winning more mention in the comments area than the Vince matter

January 5, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Agree with Dogman

I'm happy for the couple.... but honestly, TMZ and the likes will want to have their peek into Vince & Kayla's lives. For God's sake people, where is it written that it is one's right to know the going's on of another's AND make that public??? Fame & Fortune??? More times than not, our thirst for knowledge of another's private lives can hurt that individual mentally, emotionally, physically, psychologically,etc.......
    How would the paps, the Harvey's, the Insiders, the Enquiring Minds that write the news,etc........ act if we started to stalk them with cameras, video recorders, iPhones,etc, like they do to people for the almight $$$$$. AND it's not just because these people chose to be public figures.
    Kayla chose to be married to a person that she loves!!! Same with Vince! So, let them have their private life together (kudos for keeping it secret for 2 years by the way!!!), and if they are at a hockey game, public event, etc..... maybe just go up and say 'hello, my name is....' Nothing wrong in this world I hope with being friendly with another human being, is there?

January 5, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ovy

"Kate" – Sorry to hear you were dumped after 20 years! Here's a ::hug:: for you.

January 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. THE SON

how has no one commented on how hot she is???

January 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  56. kadengirl

i like him – he's entertaining – never heard of his wife though. Marie, I think you got your 15 minutes of fame here. Poor Jennifer; I'll bet she's heartbroken all over again.

January 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. debi

..... What are we going to do about Mariaaaaaaaa". sorry, couldn't resist.

January 5, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mike

Did anyone tell Vince that the day you get *married* is your anniversary, not the day you *proposed*. Big difference. He may not be married long if that's all the smarter he is.

January 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. queenie

Congratulations, Mr & Mrs Vaughan

January 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Rolle

People ,, cmmon why are everyone Jumping on Marie...
    Is it Marie Bashing..

January 5, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Joe

crab cakes & football !

January 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  62. RS1981

All I can say is is it's about darn time he tied the knot, and I'm glad it wasn't with Jennifer Anniston. I think he did the right thing by dropping the high profile romance, and going for a low key one. This girl to me seems like she was more his type than Jennifer ever would've been. Congrats Vince ! Now just keep with it, and not pull the typical Hollywood marriage scheme by having a short marriage, to whether either it ends on a bad note (for one or both), or where it just never should've happened to begin with. Best of luck to you.

January 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Lisa

Wow. There is just no more love in this world. at all.

January 5, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  64. The Dude

"hahaha...what a loser...more for us...more for me and you" – Chazz Reinhold

January 5, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  65. John

Marie,

a. it's on cnn because vaughn is a celebrity and celebrities make news when they get married
    b. everyone is right. this is the entertainment section of CNN and the last i checked, celebrities provide entertainment
    c. you don't like it, don't read it. This concept isn't rocket science

January 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  66. kristy

I for one think it is important to have happy news instead of all the fighting and sadness that consumes the news. For two people to find love and get married, whether they are celebrities or not, is very hopeful in this crazy world of ours. It's a nice reminder as why we get out of bed every morning, so lets just be happy for the newlyweds!

January 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kate

Good for them I wish them all the best!! Hope it lasts! I was with my husband for 20 years but got dumped!!

January 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Debra R

That's funny, I've NEVER found Vaughn entertaining...obnoxious, overrated and annoying...but entertaining?

January 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Susansocal

Congratulations to Vince and Kyla! I am a huge Vince Vaughn fan, I hope that his marriage will be successful, long and happy.

January 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Krystal

Even ordinary people put their wedding announcement in the local newspaper.

January 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Mark

The real question is: Why in the heck would Vince Vaughn get married? Over/under on the divorce: 18 months.

January 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  72. annie

Best wishes to them for a long and happy marriage.

January 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Dogman

Forget Marie. Tell us about this new girl....has she slept with Tiger, has she posed before, does she eat meat, does she like the O man. I want the pop to follow her every where she goes and to report daily. I want you to turn her life upside down and destroy their marriage. Come on guys lets get into their business. Let the pop does what it does best destroy lives!

January 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Marybeth

Geeez If everyone keeps commenting on Marie – Pretty soon she'll be famous enough to appear in an Entertainment Headline.... hmm Wonder if she would consider that a real world issue...

January 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  75. citizenUSA

First, REMEMBER THE CATEGORY! Others have explained why some comments are a waste of the poster's time.

I appreciate Vince's talent. He seems like he could be hard to handle sometimes but basically always appears to be a real nice guy when I see him interviewed. With a few rare exceptions, celeberty/non-celeberty relationships work better.

Best wishes and congratulations!

January 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Angie

Marie – Isn't the world news forced on us enough? You don't think that maybe some "good news" or news from the lighter side of things might do some folks some good? Go for the world news headlines if you want bad news all the time. The rest of us might enjoy hearing something other than death and destruction for a change.

January 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  77. you idiots

i think marie is actually trying to say, "why is there an entertainment category in the first place?"

January 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Tina

Poor Marie, enough already people – I think you've made your point!! You've got me feeling sorry for her, even though I agree with you.

January 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Shelley

Well, I hope someone told Vince that his anniversary will be the day he got married, not the day he proposed.

January 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mark

I don't understand why every other entertainment story has someone commmenting 'is this news, why don't you report about real issues.' This story is in the Entertainment section. If you want "real world issues", look in the World section. If you want business news, look in the Business section.

January 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Mike

To Marie: you clicked on the headline, read the blog, then felt the need to post that opinion?

January 5, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Donna

Marie.....

Um.....this story falls under the ENTERTAINMENT category. CNN has many different categories. If you want world news.....go to THAT section......

January 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Elizabeth

Well you and I both clicked on it, so it's public interest.

January 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Snicklefritz

The article is listed under the Entertainment heading....for real world issues you might want to check out articles under the Politics, World, Tech, or Health headings.

January 5, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  85. BJ

......your post begs the question: if you're so focused on "Real World Issues" then why are you taking the time to not only click on this article and read it, but also spend time posting on it?

: )

January 5, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ovy

It's on CNN simply because he is a celebrity. That's today's culture. I do agree with you though in that more important issues are occuring everyday, but in defense, it is under the "Entertainment" section of the page–not a major headline.

January 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  87. DAVONA

Marie – really? You're comment would seem appropriate if you weren't READING and posting in the entertainment section. Geesh! The announcment is in the entertainment section which is appropriate and is news of sorts to fans!

January 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  88. RNRW

Marie-this was filed under the "entertainment" section, not the "life changing world events" section. If this stuff does not interest you, don't read it.

January 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. john

can I ask then, Marie....Why are you reading the story then in the first place?

January 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  90. marie

Good for him. That's great! But, people do fall in love and getting married every day. So, why is this on CNN? Can't we focus on the real world issues and leave the private lives of celebrities private?

January 5, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |