January 5th, 2010

Rosie O’Donnell opens up about new girlfriend

testing captions
testing captions

Rosie O’Donnell is giddy over her new relationship with Texas-based artist Tracy Kachtick-Anders.

“Did anybody hear I have a new girlfriend?” O’Donnell cooed on her Sirius show "Rosie Radio" on Monday.

O’Donnell said she met up with her new gal pal down in Miami last week for a mini holiday, where the pair was snapped by paparazzi holding hands. She described the relationship as "yummy" saying,  "I love it all. ... It's almost too good to be true!

“[She’s a] lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely person named Tracy, who has six children. So she was in Miami with her kids, and we had a great time. We went out to …  see a movie … and walk around Lincoln Road and there were lots of people taking photos of us. And then people following us in the car taking photos,” O’Donnell said.  "I had no idea that it [news of the relationship with Tracy] would be on CNN. It’s odd for me … and quite odd for Tracy."

The former talk-show host admitted that because she never really dated anyone once she got famous (she began her relationship with her former partner Kelli Carpenter in 1997) that she wasn’t prepared for the kind of attention that comes from a new celebrity coupling.

“I felt like Madonna for a moment. Truthfully I’m not really that kind of famous where people follow me,” O’Donnell said.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities

1. calmncool

Nothing against the lifestyle, but Rosie's looking pretty rough lately. She needs a Covergirl contract!

August 17, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Devin

kapechi:

Maybe a little less judging and a few more accurate facts would balance your hate out....

It is sad when people believe the only people who deserve rights are the people "They" choose.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi

January 7, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jason Hannan

I think it's gross that they picked the worst picture of her to make people uncomfortable when discussing romance. It's homophobic and deliberate.

January 7, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jez

Kapechi – What history books have you been reading? Your statement that "EVERY society, just before it collapses entirely, abandons all restraint and homosexuality becomes rampant" is patently untrue and hateful. If I am mistaken, please enlighten me. I'd love to see a list of your purported sources. Hate itself is likely the greatest threat to a society's stability. Look at the turmoil this country went through during the civil rights movement. Hatred and ignorance drove millions of people to attempt to continue to oppress a segment of the population. Now similar hatred/ignorance and attempts at oppression are focused on homosexuals, who are no more able to change who they are than were the targets of oppression during the civil rights movement. Do you know what the real problem throughout the world is and has been for hundreds upon hundreds of years? People have twisted and abused the tenets of their religion (not just Christianity) in what is ultimately an attempt to gain dominion over others. If you and others who are making comments here using a holy book as a tool to justify your hatred would instead focus on the passages that preach love and acceptance, then every society throughout the world would be at peace.

January 7, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kathe

IMHO things went a lot better for Rosie when she was doing her show and keeping her personal relationship out of the forefront. She would speak of her child (at the time she only had Parker) and of the funny things kids do, and it was nice to watch her show. At THAT time, she was also using her celebrity for good things and helped a great many people. It should have stopped there.

Once her personal details were 'on the table' then things went over the top. I remember at the time, there was a controversial adoption battle in Florida where two gay men were losing the child they'd been caring for and Rosie was ballistic over this issue. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. She jumped in with both feet on the show and behind the scenes in support of these two parents. She also became quite vocal on the entire issue of gay adoptions and other apparent inconsistencies facing the gay community.

We all have that 'straw' regardless of the issue, which sometimes makes us act in ways we otherwise wouldn't. I can understand what has made her become so public about her lifestyle but it didn't go so well for her.

I personally do not support the gay lifestyle, but I don't actively bash and berate those who do. For whatever lifestyle choices I may make that others would shun, I don't feel the need to justify myself or parade my lifestyle or personal business. I think we all got along a whole lot better when we kept our personal/bedroom activities private and spent our collective efforts on more constructive things.

Rosie certainly WAS on that road with her charity activities until she threw her personal life into the mix. A case in point.

BTW, Christine, LMAO on the "off topic" comment about misspellings. The only thing more irritating on a public forum than watching people bash others over social issues, is seeing how functionally illiterate they are whilst doing so !!!!

January 7, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. kapechi

David Daniel: How can you say that a conversation like this "can get out of hand quickly"? The entire point of commenting like this is to get the opinions of the people reading the story. Who are you to attempt to muzzle our free speech? What gives you the right to determine who is "in hand" and who is not? Get off your high horse and let the comments fly. If this becomes a tirade against homosexuals, so be it. The vast majority of America is becoming fed up with people like you who make attempts to throttle anyone who dares to complain about the sin of homosexuality. If you want to really have a discussion, you should write an article about the Christian values which underly our Constitution and our laws and the morality that used to represent America. Since Bible reading was taken out of public schools in the 60s, America has gone down hill so fast we are about to lose our entire society. HISTORY, not even the Bible, shows that EVERY society, just before it collapses entirely, abandons all restraint and homosexuality becomes rampant. It's true. Sorry if this comment is "out of hand", just factual.

January 7, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dina

Hey media, can we please stop using the word "gal-pal" to refer to grown women's girlfriends? If she was dating a man her age, would we be calling him her "boy-toy?"

January 6, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tina Harris

I agree with others, we complain about hated in other countries, yet our country is so full of hate and bigotry. If anyone finds happiness I say great for them.

Whether Gay, Straight, Bisexual, or whatever, everyone deserves happiness. When will people get off other peoples back and just let them be happy.

January 6, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Christine

Gay or straight, everyone pays taxes. Therefore, everyone must have the same equal rights.

Is it not enough to have your hands in the pockets of the LGBT community? You haters must also stick your head in their pants? If you worried a little more about what's in your own hula-hoop and not so much about the sex other people are having, the world would be a little better off.

Off topic:
    FYI, if you are typing a comment and a little red line is placed under a word it's misspelled. All you have to do is right-click it and it will most likely give you the correct spelling. I'm just saying.

January 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Leslie

I love reading all the comments. My goodness the mention of her name does get everyone stirred up from both sides. If nothing else she is controversial and provoking. She should wear sunscreen.

January 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nic

Being gay is not a "lifestyle." It's not a choice. It just is. People don't become gay. They just are. As a gay Christian, I try not to judge or condemn others. I prefer to leave that up to those who are more qualified, like God.

January 6, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Devin

"To both straight and Gay – Yes God loves you, but what makes you think He has to accept a lifestyle opposite of what he created? He loved you so much that's why we celebrate Jesus. BTW that's why He teaches change and that's for everybody. In God's book you were created Man and Female...He didn't make a mistake. Because we feel a thing doesn't mean it's true. I disagree with the statement you were created that way....I am Black and I can't change my color. Many Homosexuals have changed...It's the same"

I was born gay, always will be...
    but unlike you, I support equal rights, period.
    I don't try to define who deserves to be treated fairly....I'll leave hat up to the haters who believe their hatred is justified.

And what about Ellen and Melissa....why are we all about Rosie now? Lets look to our positive roll models. We don't define the heterosexual community by the Unabomber or anyone else you might not find quite up to the standards of guiding that community.

Why can't you just let people's actions define how you see them? I never understand people who understand first hand the destructiveness of hate, hating others....

January 6, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chris.

Revolting !!! She is a pathetic example of a woman and a mother .

January 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kelli

While I am happy that Rosie has found companionship, I would prefer that she focus on the relationship, rather than the celebrity status and papparazzi situations. After all, there are also children belonging to both parties making a new relationship even more complicated.

January 6, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Todd

And thank you Larry! I am so glad someone here has some common sense. One day, i am going to marry my boyfriend (because we are in love) and all of you can be invited to the wedding. I think that if 2 people who absolutely hate each other are allowed to get married, why cant two people who love each other do the same just because they are "sinners"? God Love Rosie.. she does look tore up tho. Hopefully Tracy will be a wonderful turning point for her. Who knows, maybe she'll brush her hair!

January 6, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Robert Hinman

If you would not give perverts like Rosie a forum to spread their perverted life styles then maybe they would get lost in the closet and fade away into obscurity!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 6, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jez

I find it incredibly sad that people insist on spewing all this hatred. People do not choose their sexual orientation. To all of those who are condemning homosexuality, I'd like you to tell me exactly when you made the conscious decision to be straight. Oh, that didn't happen? That's because you're born with your sexual orientation just as you're born with blond hair and blue eyes, for example. You say that God created man, that every child is God's creation. Are you saying that God makes mistakes and accidentally creates a few gays? Or is he playing some sick little game because he enjoys watching his followers spew hatred in his name? The whole argument that homosexuality is wrong is just ridiculous. In the words of the great Depeche Mode, people are people so why should it be, that we should get along so awfully?

January 6, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  18. heretostay

I need a nap after reading all the hate junk here. I'm not crazy about Rosie, and those like her, so I just "stay away" from the negative. .
    My partner and I have been together for 29 years (this month) and we have been seriously happy. It's hard to just live – but we do. I've never worried about people who live in their godboxes. Emotional blinders !It's about being decent and enjoying all that God has given ALL of us.
    Shame some people follow like lemers(sp?)
    Take time and discover what life really is instead of tossing your judgement around.Rightous pontificating is akin to the fake cowboy town. . .illusion

January 6, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. KingdomMinded

I hope that Rosie will take the time to heal from the last relationship (marriage) she was in. It is very unhealthy to JUMP into another relationship after a break-up (divorce). She has to give herself time to heal. She couldn't possibly be OVER that break-up if she was TRULY "IN LOVE" with her partner. Hurting people HURT people. I'm praying for the new VICTIM...

January 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. JenniferJustice

Somebody said "if you have a problem with it, don't click and read the article." Well, I only read the article to see what's ever happened with the kids she adopted, but of course they dont' mentiont that. Another blogger wrote, "she's done so many great things!" What great things has she done? Seriously! She did nothing for the gay community. She didn't come out until her show was canceled and she needed the publicity and hype. She adopted kids into her sick "family" and now they're split between Mom and Mom. Why does the gay community support and laud this woman who was a coward about her preference until it could get her some money? All those years of her fake fauning over Tom Cruise. All her nasty tongue displays. She is totally gross. BTW – she looks like an oompaloompa in this photo. I thought everybody looked better with a tan until I saw this.

January 6, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Larry S.

Number 1) They could not get divorced since the marriage was not recognized by federal law anyway.

Number 2) People should have the right to marry whom they love. That one man, one woman thing is of a religious vein and has no place in law. It if is against your religion, then don't do it, but don't think for one moment it should be denied to anyone else. One day it will be law because in the end it is a "civil right" that will not be able to be denied.

Again, if you don't like it, then don't do it, but leave the rest of us alone and stop trying to force feed us your religion and biases.

January 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. SEXYAB41

I don't agree with it not my lace to bash or say gross. I had a choice but wanted to see what Rosie had to say about her new flame. I have relatives nd friends who are gay. Im not gonna say everytime u know its wrong nooooooo I love them anyways so enough of the bickering. IK is right if we have a prob with it dont click nd read the article.

January 6, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dave Z

Rosie being gay is the best thing that every happened to men!

January 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. LBW

Thank you, Jason, for Ghandi's quote. Truer words were never written. People here are confusing prejudice and racism. Two different things. Joe, you are a funny man.

January 6, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Devin

"Fact is, no rights are being denied to you. You can marry someone of the opposite sex TODAY, just like I can. Your spin isn't working with the public. You are looking for rights over and above anyone else."

I wonder if you lived in the midwest and virtually everyone around you detested your existence, just because of who you are, if you would still be so trite.I have a executive job in education, live in the midwest, and have no rights to visit my partner if she is in the hospital. We share a home, a mortgage, responisbility for three kids whose father refuses to work and pay support...we can't marry, have no legal rights, and if one of us were hurt or injured the other one would not be considered family, and could be denied the right to even SEE our dying spouse. Our house is in my partners name, and even though I write out the checks monthly, if she dies, I could loose all rights to my home....
    I don't know where you live, where I have the same rights and respect as you, but I live in the heart of the midwest, and here......I have none.

January 6, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Devin

"why must mainstream media oversenstualize and over-report about gays?"

Uh, hey Mark, the world and the media are domintaed by Hoterosexuals....you should be happy.

What media are you reading?

January 6, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  27. Don

way to go Rosie...hope it lasts....

January 5, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ross

I would much rather read about Rosie's happiness than one of the other celebrity stories in today's news "Warren Beaty slept with 13,000 women". Give me a break!

January 5, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Hernan

She just met her last week, went on a few dates and Rosie is already referring to her as her girlfriend? Too soon, too fast, Rosie. Give it a little more time.

January 5, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. CaballeroKid

Hmmmmm, your candor is appreciated and my heart goes out to you regarding such a challenging choice. Truly you feel that you are being true to yourself.

To approach your question, "Why would I chose a lifestyle that most people don't understand?" I ask the same question to myself. Why? Because I have chosen a religion that most people – including Christians do not understand. It was a conscious choice that I knew would have consequences that affect me daily, and I still chose it. I even felt that I was being true to myself when I made the lifestyle choice. Many of us homo/hetero, white/black, tall/short make choices that we know might be frowned upon by our community. I would still contend that it is a choice at some point in life however. That's a whole other topic for another day though.

My hat's off to you all.

Mr. Daniel from CNN...is this discussion not centered around Rosie and her girlfriend's choice to date each other? I'll bet that Rosie, her girlfriend, proponents and opponents would all welcome the discussion.

January 5, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Daniel, CNN Entertaiment Senior Producer

CaballeroKid, while Rosie's love life may have sparked this discussion, it's become much more general and, as I said, it's beginning to repeat. A controversial topic such as this can get out of hand very quickly. So, let me repeat: please remain civil, and please remain on topic. Other posters and their perceived or actual intelligence, background or orientation are not the topic. Play nice.

January 5, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pete

Yea, Great example Rosie and her X give. Like a lot of 'Breeders". Have all these kids...things don't work out..parents seperate or divorce. I know the breeders do this ALL the time. But for the gays who WANT marriage, this sets a really bad example. I mean, first of all if marriage (yea, I know they werent married) or a union of two people have children you should be able to work out whatever the problem is. At least for the sake of the children. But speration and divorce are so common, why aren't the bible thumpers talking about how Breeders hop from one spouse to the next. But with celebrities it all about "me" and "my" needs and "my" issues and "my" wants. ALL of that should be put aside and raise your children. Once their gone go do anything you want. But Rosie is a pig anyhow. She is NOT an example I would choose for my gay community. YUK!

January 5, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. liz

I have the same real question: What about a divorce? Did Rose and Kelli do that already? How long have they been split? I don't read enough entertainment news I guess.
    But, anyway about the divorce – – I agree with other blogger. If you want the right of a legal marriage then you're also required to get a
    legal divorce. No? If they've been through that, certainly didn't see it in print. And that's fine. All her business.

January 5, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Wunderfullife

Congrats Rosie!! Love is love and so lovely...it knows no restraints or restrictions...it is real...love to love!! Hoping for happiness for you!!

January 5, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Paul B

Congratulations Rosie!!!! I wish you much happiness!!!

January 5, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. CaballeroKid

KL, I read your response carefully and would beg to differ. It's not racism you are facing as a homosexual. Racism is what blacks suffered. While there may be racists in the large audience that oppose you, I would venture to argue that the majority of gay agenda critics are simply opposed to the values and norms you are trying to perpetuate. That is not racism. That is a difference of societal values.

KL, wouldn't you agree that society has to draw lines on what behavior is acceptable/unacceptable?

January 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Hmmmmmm

The comments about choice of the gay lifestyle are frustrating to me. I get we all have choices. So, technically yes, I chose to be a gay man. But it is not some off and on switch. I am gay because I was born that way. Any choice beyond that would have me living a lie.

For those of you that think it is a choice. Why would I chose a lifestyle that most people don't understand, have hatred against, make fun of........must I go on? Seriously.....why would I want that pain? Do you think I can't find a female companion or I just have these weird sexual desires I need to live out? I tried relationships with woman for years.....trust me I tried. It just did not work. But I thought it was the right thing to do and I did not want to hurt my family. I was a college athlete and Homecoming King at my college. My assessment is that many individuals think the gays are messed up. it is not because I am weird or unattractive so I chose this lifestyle. There are many, many issues with all kinds of people in this world. My "choice" is to accept them and try to understand. And definately not pass judgement.

January 5, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Daniel, CNN Entertainment Senior Producer

While for the most part the homosexuality discussion in this thread has been intelligent and restrained, it's starting to repeat itself. Let's keep it to the topic (Rosie and her new girlfriend), and remember to stay civil to each other - again, as most of you have done. Thanks.

January 5, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. CaballeroKid

KL..once again your emotion trumps your rationale when you try to discredit James:

James says, "I am Black and I can't change my color. Many Homosexuals have changed"

KL says, "One of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard!"

James is indeed correct. He is black and cannot change his color and there are documented thousands of proclaimed gay people who have changed. So who is ignorant of the facts?

KL, "Trust me, I am gay and can not change." You are gay and choose not to change.

KL, "If people have "changed" they have done it out of accepting a lifestyle that fits a preceived norm not what they are really feeling." You just called James ignorant and now you conceid that people have changed as James stated! Come on now...Lastly, you assume that all people that change from homo to hetero have only done it under your description – as though you are omniscient and know every one of them, yet you close by scourning James for speaking on others' behalfs when you say, "I don't comment on what it is like to be a black individual and what challenges were faced in the past. I did not live in your shoes. Don't assume you know what is right for gays." That is downright hypocrisy, KL. Shame on you.

KL, "Wake up if you don't realize how many gay americans there are in this country." And that has to do with what? Nobody disagrees with you, but does the number make them right? There were many Nazis in fascist Germany, but that did not make them right.

January 5, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Real

CaballeroKid: Yes, it would probably be a good idea.

January 5, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lisa

Congrats Rosie! Unfortunately, there will always be haters. Don't mind them Rosie and just be happy. Wishing you the best.

January 5, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jason

I'm awfully sad about the mean-spirited anti-gay comments on this story. Like Ghandi said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

January 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Isis

"Throwing it in your face"?!

Most of what gets thrown in people's faces is hetero, hetero, hetero, hetero, hetero, hetero, hetero ad infinitum. Is one gay celeb story for every 50 straight stories so difficult?

Lovin Rosie and all she does.

January 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  42. gary robetson

Most celebrities shield their children from this type of attention. Wouldn't it be healthier for the all of both Tracie's and Rosie's children if Rosie tried alittle harder to keep her private life out of the media's glare? And I have to agree with some of the earlier posts-a single woman with six kids, regardless of the circumstance, does sound a little octo-mommy-ish. It's wonderful to know that the new gf cares so passionately for special needs children. It's another thing to possibility exploit those same kids for your own agenda or need for attention.

January 5, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Bobbie

All I can say is, her new girlfriend must be blind...or really hard up and in need of some cash!!

January 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. CaballeroKid

Real...using your logic, should we ban heterosexuals from marrying as well?

January 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  45. KL

CaballeroKid – appreciate your perspective and clarity on your initial comments. It's your interpretation versus mine.

Hate and misunderstanding – sure, you state it doesn't mean they will be. I agree it may not always happen. I came out of the closet after 20 years – and yes, I have had examples of hate and being treated differently as a result. Refused a restroom, ride a bus......not trying to compare. But do you realize in some states an counties all the laws that still exist against gays? Just different.......Yes black people are very proud – so are the gays. That was not my point. We face the same racism – and it was about the ability to put it into the closet to not have to deal with the racism.

Marriage – yes easy to say we can both marry someone of the opposite sex. Guess what....I don't want too! Again, you make the comment gays "choose" this lifestyle. I wish people could not assume you think this is a choice. If I chose to marry someone of the opposite sex I would be living a lie to myself and the person I married.

January 5, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CaballeroKid

Dana & James...a perfect God designed us imperfectly with imperfections. We all have temptations and thus is life. Some are tempted to molest, some are tempted to steal, some are tempted to stray from their spouse (everyone uses Tiger Woods here), some are tempted to mate with the same sex, but does that mean we are to act on all of our urges/instincts? Come on now...

Your own argument is a fallacy of logic which will turn on you: what if God created a white racist nazi gay hating person with "natural instinct" to hate/bash gay people...should this person act on instinct? Obviously not, but more importantly, do you really think someone like this is "created by God"? I would argue that this person learned such behavior somewhere early in life just like homosexuals or anyone else with chosen preferences.

January 5, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CONSERVATIVE IN THE MIDWEST

response to Gary from Conservative in the Midwest–I am sorry you thought I said I was without sin. I am actually saying just the opposite. I did not say the gay community was sinning more than me. I was actually saying we are all sinners. My main point was that I am sick of hearing about it just because they are gay. The devil works on me every day also-I just don't get the coverage Rosie does.

January 5, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  48. CaballeroKid

KL says"Trust me, there are probably black americans that would like to stay in the closet if they could about their color because of how they have been treated historically."

I would wager against you on that any day, KL. Regardless of racism, most black people I know are very proud of who they are – regardless of historic racism. Would any black folk care to chime in on this?

KL says, "People stay in the closet exactly for why people have responded on this board – hate and misunderstanding. Get your facts straight"

Despite your double preposition/poor grammar, this claim is also false. Just because someone "feels" they will be hated/misunderstood doesn't mean they "will" be. i.e. I don't hate and misunderstand the gay marriage dilemma or homosexuals, I simply disagree on fundamental premise...a far cry from hate/not understanding. I understand your claim very clearly...I simply disagree on your rationale.

KL says, "you can't get married right now and yes, we don't have equal rights" Wrong again on both counts, you and I both "can" marry today – someone of the opposite natural sex...but you choose a lifestyle to marry someone of the same gender. The right exists but you are choosing to marry someone that I too cannot marry. Both equal footings. Follow the logic?

KL says, 'Don't miss match different issues together and try to compare. Not fair to gays or other groups."

As stated earlier, it is the gay community that that is trying to misalign their plight with racial discrimination- mixing apples and oranges. Not me, KL. When was a gay person refused to use a restroom, ride a bus, eat at a restaurant, vote....shall I continue?

January 5, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Randy

And Donald Trump going to read the wedding vows

January 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. J

Wow, surprised by all the negativity...

Congrats to Rosie!

January 5, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kate

So many of these comments are disgusting. I am Christian (Catholic) and conservative but would never be arrogant enough to judge someone like so many of you do. Remember judge not? or perhaps you're not familiar with the Bible? Yes the bible condemns homosexuality (at least some interpret it that way) but that doesn't give you a free pass to judge. And Rosie isn't looking for attention - she's just living her life and the media is covering this. I'm sure she would be happy to have NO attention paid to her new relationship. And her and Kelli's marriage was overturned so it was not legally binding, hence no "divorce." Heterosexuals divorce ALL THE TIME and you're condemning her for her break-up? She doesn't deserve all the wrath so many have for her. Perhaps you're not aware of the good she does - not only Rosie's Broadway Kids but the tens of thousands of dollars she has donated to a hospital in TX for injured soldiers. Leave her alone!

January 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. KL

"I am Black and I can't change my color. Many Homosexuals have changed...It's the same"

One of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard! Trust me, I am gay and can not change. If people have "changed" they have done it out of accepting a lifestyle that fits a preceived norm not what they are really feeling. Wake up if you don't realize how many gay americans there are in this country. Plus how many live a life in the closet – single and married. I personally know 4 individuals whom are married and hide it from their spouses out of fear.

January 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  53. D

I thought she and Kelli were "Married"......maybe in her world that was just part of "SHOW" biz.

January 5, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  54. joe

Being gay is one thing. Dating people of the same sex is just disgustingly wrong.

January 5, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Real

The divorce rate in the U.S. currently runs around 46%, and most of the biggest perverts I've ever known or heard of are straight. Why would any gay couple want their children to be around you? To model YOUR behavior?

January 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rico

Live and let live, but I really could care less about o'donnells or any celebrity's love life. I have listend to her radio show, without fail -regardless of the guest's story- O'Donnell always manges to tell us how "that happen to me". Just a tad too narcissistic for me.

January 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. dana

hey james you are so right...god didnt make any mistakes.. and i am gay so i am the way GOD MADE ME yes jesus loves me and i am gay. i m glad you brought that up

January 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. luvmy2k9s

Back at ya Ro. It's simply ROSIE that is gross, I couldn't care less she decides to bone.

January 5, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  59. LBW

Did she have to say the word "yummy"? That's what started all this hate. If she had said "delightful or nice", I think more people would have been happy for her. Celebrities are under constant scrutiny. When Adam Lambert shoved that guy's face into his crotch, it was because he was caught up in the moment. He didn't realize the backlash it would cause. Rosie did the same thing. She has fans. There are people that still like her...it was just that word. It created visual, it opened the bedroom door instead of the "I have found love and I am happy" door.

January 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Seth

I'm gay. God created me too, and loves me just the same.

January 5, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  61. j

Forget about Rosie – I wonder about all of those kids. She and Kelli had a child together and I'm sure the rest of the kids got used to having both of them around. How is that handled in this type of relationship. Do they have to get divorced since they got married in CA?

January 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. sha

Congrats Ro!! Everyone deserves to find happiness.

January 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  63. KL

"Lastly, I'm tired of hearing about Gay activists on this post calling their plight an "equal rights" issue. The polls have confirmed that blacks and women do not relate to you on this point. When was the last time you saw a black person "come out of the closet?" about their skin color? Fact is, no rights are being denied to you. You can marry someone of the opposite sex TODAY, just like I can. Your spin isn't working with the public. You are looking for rights over and above anyone else."

Naive comments. Trust me, there are probably black americans that would like to stay in the closet if they could about their color because of how they have been treated historically. People stay in the closet exactly for why people have responded on this board – hate and misunderstanding. Get your facts straight......you can't get married right now and yes, we don't have equal rights. Sure, I can go to Iowa and get married. Guess what, does me no good in Wisconsin. Don't miss match different issues together and try to compare. Not fair to gays or other groups.

January 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. James

January 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Cathy

Rosie has gone way past her 15 minutes of fame. I don't care who the hell she's hooking up with. The woman is unstable.

January 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Janie

To Conservative in the Northwest: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You say God made the rules...no, man did...well, several men did and put their own spin on things. If you believe in God and you believe God has created everything, then God created these people who are gay...so why are they thought to be sinning? Maybe God thought the gay people should exist. Also – do you think the gay community only does perverted things? What about what Tiger Woods just did and many people are saying it is okay because he is a celebrity. I don't think so. You say 'it is not up to us to judge' and yet you are judging her. That is the worst thing about organized religion – it promotes judgment of others. People should just be non-judgemental to others.

January 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Cas

Fat,Ugly and Gay? Did I leave anything out?

January 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Garry

CONSERVATIVE IN THE MIDWEST:
    You have no sin?? I am sure the hetero community needs to get with you to see how you managed that!
    So many haters without sin on here..you seem to be digusted with the whole gay thing and you keep bringing up the bible..BETTER go back and read it..and remember what it says about sin.

January 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. KL

"Oops! I guess because I'm a straight man, the press doesn't want to report on it. Stop pushing all the gays subject down our throughts and maybe we'll be taking the subject easier."

Subject??? First of all, you are not a celebrity.....that is why the press does not care...sorry to burst your bubble. Rosie, right or wrong, is a celebrity.

Second, gay subjects down your throat? Why stereotype? Brittney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Tiger Woods, Jennifer Anniston, Whitney Houston, Brad Pitt........must I go on? Should I comment that I don't want the press to push these straight subjects down my throat? Knock the press or celebrities. It has nothing to do with gay or straight.

Everyone that commented negatively – you can knock Rosie for her choices – divorce, kids, relationships, her as a celebrity – I get that, but don't think gay versus straight relationship are any different or better. Because the list can be long if you want to start name dropping game trying to say being straight makes a relationship better or right.

January 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Not Shocked Anymore

GAG!!!! Perversion never changes just the faces.

January 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Carolann

Good luck to this Tracy person! Maybe if Rosie stays on her meds and in therapy it won't end too badly.

January 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  72. CaballeroKid

Nancy H...Rosie does not have a right to privacy as any other Hollywood/TV stars. The federal courts have ruled that those are forfeited when they volunatarily enter the "limelight". Moreso, John B. is correct, this is Rosie pushing the story out on her satellite airwave – not so much the nosey public.

January 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  73. warren smith

Maybe we are all sick of the gay community throwing their relationships in our faces. A sin is a sin and it really is not up to us to judge her but I am so sick of hearing every little perverted thing the gay community does. I did not make the rules. God did.Oops! I guess because I'm a straight man, the press doesn't want to report on it. Stop pushing all the gays subject down our throughts and maybe we'll be taking the subject easier.what happened with the "wife" and the kids?, she forgot about the kids? God this is wrong wrong wrong wrong you all sicken me

January 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  74. dana

valeriy ... i have to read about all of the straight relationships and have to go to movie s about straight people and really cant relate to any of it so if every once in a while when a gay realationship may pop up on the news do what i do during straight kissing scenes ...walk in the opther room or turn the tv off... problem solved and also...no i dont care about YOU GETTING a new g/f but what does she look like ; )

January 5, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. smanatha

The name's Roise really ring a bell to many of us which it dosen't attracks us. Rosie O-donell always speaks out loud with rude tons. Even on her show as well !!! If I were attracked to her, I'll by passed her with what so ever. She has no attention in respect to others but herself. Rosie won't care any less if she wants to embrassed you...

January 5, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Corey

To Valeriy – Nobody cares about your new girlfriend. You're not a celebrity. Media coverage of celebrity relationships (gay or straight) is pretty common.

January 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Peg

If your not interested in Rosie and her new love why do you even bother to read the story. Something made you want to open it up and read it. funny how that happens. Go Rosie. Everyone should be happy.

January 5, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Valeriy

A news update: I too just got a new girlfriend!

January 5, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Sally

I'm not really sure why but for some reason this "update" on Rosie's love life feels a lot like the story about the "octomom." Maybe it's the six kids belonging to an unattached mother. A gay female with six children seems so deliberate and calculated in a very non-traditional way. Although I don't suppose it is that much different from Madonna and Angelina a(or even Mia Farrow from another era) nd their broods which I also find somewhat disturbing. But the likelihood of Rosie and her new "gal pal" remaining in a stable and lengthy relationship is pretty remote and it will be very confusing and upsetting to those kids who will probably bond with mom's new squeeze.

January 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Rad

To all the haters... guess what, slavery has been abolished too!

January 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Carol

Have you seen the "new girlfriend?' Enough said.

January 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. dana

Hey tina ...I am happily gay in a 4 year relationships that sometimes can have bad times .. and we do know how to accept it so JUST LIKE HETEROSEXUALS some gay people BELEIVE IT OR NOT break up... wow! yea so not everything lasts forever -so guess what there are going to be gay divorces just like -straight divorces- when gay marriage is allowed through all fifty states i will know how to think about my relationship and see is this the next level i want to go to yet... before landing on the altar.. hey tina did you know god loves me too.. wow who would have thought

January 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jane Doe

To Sue, homosexuality is not an 'escapade" to be kept quiet. Get over yourself and come into the year 2010.

January 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  84. sue

remember the days of Liberace and Rock Hudson. . .they kept their 'escapades' to themselves – instead of flaunting it like the Rosy.

January 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  85. LUCY

what happened with the "wife" and the kids?, she forgot about the kids? God this si wrong

January 5, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Donskins

Who cares Blowsie...I mean Rosie,

You act as if the attention bothers you or something. Suck it up why you can because your days in the lime light are about over blowhard!

January 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Kate

I'm happy for Rosie. As far as her not being a nice person, I sat behind her and her kids at a concert. She wasn't looking very happy, but at the concert's end, she was very nice to everyone who stopped her. Not in a grandstanding way, just accommodating...posing for pictures with their kids, etc.

January 5, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Susalis

I am sure they are working out custody in private. I am not a 100% sure but I think their marriage (Rosie and Kelli) was legit and then nullified? Anyway, I wish the whole lot of 'em happiness – esp. Kelli. I have no hate for Rosie but I think she carries a lot of darkness inside her and for the most part can hide it. But I suspect living with her was very rough for Kelli and the kids. She carries a lot of anger within, despite claims of happiness and all her talk of "yellow". To her new girlfriend : buyer beware.

January 5, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Nancy Harrison

To: John Bossert: I think if you watch the news you will see the paperizzi (spelling?) does quite a bit of meddling in other people's business. I just feel that the press and the celebs stayed out of each other's way we would all be better off. I don't care who bangs who and who leaves who and who takes up with who. It is none of my business and I feel if we stop reading this crap it will all go away and we can concentrate on national issues and matters of importance to all of us. Thanks.

January 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Rob

Thanks, Rosie, for perpetuating the stereotype that gay relationships are completely disposable. Nice message you're sending your kids. I Wish I had so little depth and respect that I could recover from my failed relationships in 45 seconds.

January 5, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  91. ng

If she wants privacy, she needs to keep her mouth shut. Otherwise everyone has the right to their own oppinion when something is repeatedly shoved down their throats. She is an annoying abbrasive individual.

January 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Diva

Good for Rosie! I am sure it was hard going through a break up like she had and having to keep it quiet. She deserves to go out and be happy!
    As for the nasty comments, it's expected. The same people who hate Rosie are the same people who look down on women (even if they are women – trust me they are out there). That is what the comment section is for – the good, the bad, and the uneducated!

January 5, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. pam

Oh, just stop! She's a human being and she wants love and happiness...just as you and I do. If you can't be happy for her, be silent.

January 5, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Joel

For all you folks who are saying how gross this is. Would you think Tila and Johnsons was gross or is it less gross when its two sexy women?

January 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  95. mark

hey rosie: you sicken me

why must mainstream media oversenstualize and over-report about gays?

they make it seem like it's actually normal. i mean it's on daily on mainstream news and TV but in reality? it's like 0.01 % of the population

it's sickening. one must wonder why the news and media is so obsessed with gays. it's called cultural marxism.

January 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  96. l k

Rebecca – it is because being "opposed" to homosexuality is discrimination! This isn't about a political opinion or what color you may like. I am gay – I did not chose to be a homosexual. So, yes, I am going to defend any comments. This is not about liberal or conservative sides. It is about equality and the ability to live in this country with equal rights regardless or race, color, religion ect. You can have your opinions, you are correct. But everyone should have the ability to live their life with the same equal rights and options. Do you get it? Those responding and commenting to "grow up" are defending the right to be diverse. You may not understand being a gay person – but please don't oppose something that people don't have a choice with – like the color of their skin.

January 5, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Mark

Rosie looks like she has seen better days. She looks awful. I feel for her new "boyfriend".

January 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Barbara

Rosie is the most obnoxious person I have ever seen in the public arena. I always wondered how Kelli put up with her. This new person must be a real loser if she is willing to have her name in print next to Rosie's.

January 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  99. John Bossert

To Nancy Harrison. . . the press isn't hounding Rosie about this. Rosie is pushing it on the press and viewers, talking about it on her radio show openly. No invasion of privacy here. It's more of a case of a celebrity not being able to keep her own personal life private andher own mouth shut.

January 5, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  100. CONSERVATIVE IN THE MIDWEST

January 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  101. NOHOMO

wait, didn't she get married in CA around two years ago? Remember?! Remember the press conference she made at the steps of the state house? what happened? Was the marriage for show and tell, only? WOW. and you gay people still want civil unions/marriage?

January 5, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  102. RJwhite

Rosie continues to be the most disgusting celebrity in the world.

January 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Eddie

Wow. Let's hear it for another gay celebrity emulating dysfunctional divorcing straight relationships! Way to go! NOT! Even as a gay person (meaning me), I don't understand why one starts a large family (gay or straight) then strays for someone who has... a large family! (that she strayed at all is reprehensible) Hope she has big deep pockets for the child support... What a dirtbag!

January 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  104. shoe

As long as the two are loving each other the way that they themself would like to be loved in return...there is no problem.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
    LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
    This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.
    – 1 John 3:10-12

January 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Debra R

Rosie...go away...

January 5, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  106. judy

Rosie, I am happy for you. You have done so many things for others. I'm glad to see you smile again because you sure can make me laugh with you wonderful sense of humor.

January 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  107. hapaloopa

I wonder how many people would post such nasty comments if they had to leave their full name and picture. Not just on this topic but all topics. There is a certain cowardice to posting nasty crap and calling yourself luvmy2k9s...my real name is Jane.

January 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Rebecca

Why are those who are opposed to homosexuality told to "grow up?" Isn't the essence of being a grown up being able to have your own principles and stand by them? Oh, I see. It's liberal business as usual: You are free to have your own opinions (and they will even be respected), just as long as they don't conflict with any liberal ideology.

Can you say "hypocrisy??"

January 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Erkl

Com'on people...let's all lighten up! It's a new decade for goodness sakes...let's let people live the lives they were meant to live and love who they want without others resorting to hatered and hate-speech. Jesus is so disappointed in those who call themselves "His Deciples". They want to be so cool and so Christ-like, they forget his primary teaching...love each other as yourselves. He said "...and the greatest of these...(you guessed it)...is LOVE!

Peace on Earth.

January 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Tina

I have a legitimate question here. I am all for gay marriage and equal rights, etc... I thought that Rosie and Kelli Carpenter were married somewhere along the line? If so, then shouldn;t she be getting divorced before she announces that she has a new girlfriend? It seems to me that if the gay community wants the right to be legally married, then they should have to accept the bad stuff that goes along with it – divorce, custody battles, etc...

January 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  111. L

Seems to me the world is in bad enough shape without attacking someone who does a lot of good for those in need and who has found some happiness in their life. Those who judge should get out and try to help a few people with that wasted breath.

January 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Rick

With two and half wars going on and the economy in the tank, anyone that can find a way to be happy deserves it.

January 5, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Len E

Chris,
    You seem to have a lot of anger too – just different targets. I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.

January 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Bruce

Congrats and happiness to Rosie, and anyway who finds a loving relationship.

January 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Nick

Everyone deserves to be happy.

January 5, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  116. l k

One other comment to those that posted negative feedback.

Whatever your reason, you don't like Rosie, you don't like gays – simple solution for you. Why would you have even clicked on the article if it said Rosie and her girlfriend???? It is so disgusting and repulsive to you......yet you had to read it???

Wow, not too smart.

January 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Nancy Harrison

Why can't the press leave celebrities alone. Rosie has a right to privacy. She is openly gay and has never tried to hide it. Leave her alone and let her find some happiness. We are all entitled to it. Hasn't the media anything better to cover than celebrities and their love life or lack thereof. How about Iran, Afghanistan, the economy, the banks, Wall Street, umemployment. Let's pull together to get our country back on its feet and leave people alone.

P.S. I am not gay and never will be, but I believe in live and let live. Thanks.

January 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  118. hammondrofWI

Good for you Rosie. As for the gaggers and pukers, grow up.

January 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Homophobes go away

You are all so happy when it's announced that the latest "IT" hetero couple is together, but because she's gay it's not?

Get lost. I'm happy for ANYONE who finds love. Even Rosie O'Donnell, who may have a reputation as being not so nice, but has done great things for many, many underpriveleged people.

January 5, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Thomas Edwards

The images of Tiger with his 14 mistress' having an adorable wife and two children at home, Is A Better Image? Congrats Rosie!

January 5, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  121. l k

Congrats Rosie.....wow, I can't tell from the negative comments on here if people don't like Rosie or they are biased against gays. Ron's comments about another gay celebrity and his/her new squeeze. Why is this any different than any other celebrity and their dating relationships that are covered in the press? Because their gay you don't want to hear about it.? Grow up people!!!! The discrimination and hatred that exists with people still blows my mind. Focus your attention to bigger issues and learn to accept diversity.

January 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Ro

To luvmy2k9s...maybe u shouldn find a human rather than identify yourself with dogs. I love my dogs too but to have a loving relationship want to make u peuk is WIERD. You need human contact and a less judgmental attitude, It's not you it's someone else.

January 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Nighthawk

Hey! Happiness is where you find it! Rosie deserves a little too!

January 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mar

Congratulations Rosie.....

January 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Lola Planner, Houston, Texas

Grow up!

January 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  126. luvmy2k9s

I agree. Disgusting and repulsive, but mostly.... just get me a pot to peuk in!!

January 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Ron

Thank goodness another gay celebrity has told me about her/his new squeeze. I will rest easy now.

January 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Joe

Hold up Rosie.... I see Tila Tequila is back on the open market......

January 5, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  129. Mark Edwards

Congratulations Rosie, I'm glad you have found someone

January 5, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  130. RudePoop

Gross. I don't want any of the mental images.

January 5, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |