January 4th, 2010

Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange hospitalized

testing captions
testing captions

Howard Stern spoke out about the hospitalization of his longtime friend and comedic sidekick Artie Lange on his Sirius  satellite radio show on Monday morning, asking fans to remember how great he is and shooting down the rumor that Lange would be replaced.

"Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is," Stern said on Monday morning. The radio host also denied rumors that Lange is quitting the show and being replaced by comedian Jim Breuer.

Stern said:  "I don't know where that comes from."

A representative for Lange confirmed that her client was in the hospital.

“Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment,” his spokeswoman told CNN.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Celebrities

1. Opepobrewep

He can be so specializing in the bar moncler mens jacketsBut the woman relied on Marius moncler usato 35 the actual of moncler jackets menDespite the fact that they're legal moncler outlet onlineSo how do you get started moncler jackets menIt's actually so due to you cheap monclerWho has asked end family to participate

November 27, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. deann give it a rest...go out its a nice evening

thanks

May 30, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Deeann Bourdages

Renaissance art had a greatly increased emphasis on the realistic depiction of the material world, and the place of humans in it, reflected in the corporeality of the human body, and development of a systematic method of graphical perspective to depict recession in a three-dimensional picture space..-,;

Our own internet site
    <http://healthmedicinebook.com

May 30, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Houston

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.
    However just imagine if you added some great graphics or
    video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics
    and video clips, this website could definitely be one of the most beneficial in its
    niche. Wonderful blog!
    Houston

October 17, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. rap music

I am not certain the place you're getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or figuring out more. Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for my mission.

May 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 2012 OVDI

Good a single website proprietor achievement website article good sharings in this blog site continually have entertaining

May 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bymndebytib

YYKIKDSOBE parka canada goose NGHHKCTVDA http://www.aemoya.com

December 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. poomidume

CJHSSWYHSMICG http://www.formerlyso.com CYOEHSLEZJPFD http://www.danielcraig007lookalike.com CEHEHDWTNDNZS

November 25, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kim Kardashian dating

how are you, honorable blog on lardaceous loss. the like helped.

April 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jose Perez

i am not a fan of Satellite Radio but i guess it would become more popular as years go by.""

October 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. danny

waaaaaaaaahh i stabed myself a bunch of times waaaaahh !!
    what a cry for attention .....

January 8, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Pam Holt

You're in our thoughts, Artie. We all love & miss you!! Please know how much you are cared about and hang in there.

January 7, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cgm

Big heart great guy funny man get well soon and Brocoli rabe,

January 7, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. canartie

To bad this fat slob didn't finish the job he set out to do. Here's a guy who has it all and he just pisses his life away. He is better off dead I'm so sick of hearing about this guy's problems. Howard Stern should can this slob and get someone more reliable to replace him. He's toast it's just a matter of time before the drugs or he kills himself. It's just to bad it isn't sooner than later.

January 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TUTTLE

Lennie Bruce ,John Belluci,Chris Farley, Richard Jeni, all talents, all had their own demons, all GONE ! Wake up before your just a memory....

January 6, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Chad

I'm surprised it took this long to put that shockingly unfunny slob in the hospital.

January 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Tim C

mix in a salad bar every once in a while artie

January 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dave

When / If they offer you Coke, its not what you think Artie.
    I just listened to the clip about when you went to Germany to do a film with Cuba and got a great chuckle out of what you were saying about the broad you met over there. I miss the old show on the FM airwaves but Sirius was a natural next-step for the show
    Get better soon man

January 6, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jax

MISS YA !!! Get well so I don't have to hear Robin laughing to fill the empty space where your witty line would be...

JAx

January 6, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mark G.

Wise up Artie. We all have our burdens to bear - yours is to kick the Horse and alcohol. I'm trying to kick C. and I'm just a middle-class hack. It"ll be worth it - a healthy, happy life. You are living the American dream that millions of us aspire to but will never even get close to. Don't blow it. There's so many other things to enjoy without having to engage in self-destruction.

January 5, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ppfffsshhhh

And to add...WAAAAA!!! Poor Artie!! He's making millions a year and all he can manage to do is screw his life up!! WAAAA!!! The show will go on...with or without that self-destructive moron...WAA!!

January 5, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ppfffsshhhh

I love Artie, but keeping out of the public eye with something this public is a little frustrating. Does he know how many fans he has?? That care about him?? Most of the time when a celeb gets hospitalized it's in the news in less than 5 minutes and we know why. Only drug addicts want to keep it between "him and his doctor." Who wants to bet he almost overdosed while on the road performing his stand-up? Or who wants to bet he's not been seeing a drug rehab dr. like he claims? Not with that busy schedule, right Artie? Ugh...My ex used heroin for 5 years and did a terrible job hiding it (and yes folks I got him into rehab and popped surprise UA's on him–I wanted to believe he could change and get clean–he was an amazing person with an awful disease that nearly destroyed him). I don't think he's much of an asset to Howard when he's nodding off on the couch in studio or stuffing his face full of junk just begging for a heart attack. Idiot. Maybe he did have a heart attack and this will open his eye...Or not. Only Artie can decide. Should be interesting to see if he goes back to the show because you know Howard and Robin will get him to tell what happened, or he'll just lie about it. Like he lied to them about not using heroin! You can never trust a drug addict. To be honest, the only reason I want to know if this hospitalization is because of a drug overdose or something similiar is whether to buy his new CD or Book! I don't want to support a drug addict anymore than I already have...I feel so sorry for his sister and mother. Let's just thank god he doesn't have any kids! Phew!

January 5, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Joann

Artie- I was so upset to hear you were in the hospital. Please let your Mom and sister call into Howard so we can know something. We all are so worried of what might be wrong. I truely respect Howard and the staff for what they have been saying on the show since Monday...respecting your privacy. I hope this is the turn-around for your life. I thought you were getting it together. Please don't say you won't be back! You are a good, kind and giving person. I miss you so much!

January 5, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Andrew

For those saying Breuer isnt funny, you've never seen his stand up apparently. Dude had me rolling for an hour and a half and that was his 'CLEAN' show! Funny, funny, funny, guy.

January 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Paul S.

Love Artie.

January 5, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jarrudy

the show is not the same without artie. he's one of the main reasons i tune in. just because he has money doesnt mean he doesnt have problems like the rest of us. take care of yourself, and come back to the show healthy. we miss you.

January 5, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. nessa brown

Get well soon Artie, we love you

January 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Sue from Upstate NY

P.S. P.S. Jim Breuer is not funny at ALL. Norm MacDonald deserves more recognition for his humor and JB.

January 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sue from Upstate NY

How irrelevent is Howard Stern? Please retire. The last time you were funny was in 1995.

You and your show are probably the reason Artie (who was once funny) is sick.

P.S. Jackie was your best sidekick.

January 5, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. M Kaye

Artie....let's get it together man. Everyone misses you. The show isn't the same without you, but can certainly go on without you!!! Good Luck and come back soon!!!

January 5, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  31. steve

Boy, Jackie must be busy posting all these comments here to bring him back.

Jackie was and still is horrible. The dude was in the right place at the right time.

Artie is hilarious. I hope he gets over these demons.

January 5, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jason

Why do so many people think Jackie is funny? Maybe if you're 12 and d**k jokes are still new to you.

January 5, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. FP

Probably the best Artie bit I ever saw was on E show.. Howard was wrapping up a segment so the crew took a quick break. Artie was hiding in the shadows in the studio eating a big ass donut. The film crew picked this up and replayed it when the break was over. Howard mentioned how he looked around like a crackhead while eating the donut. It was hilarious to watch in slow motion. You really see Artie almost incognito in the shadows of the studio looking around as he eats his donut.

January 5, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sam

Artie may not have been as funny as Jackie Martling, but he's way funnier than Jim Breuer. I sure hope that rumor is false, and I'm not buying Stern's denial.

Get well soon Artie...and COME BACK!!

January 5, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. Terp00

I'm not sure where all the hatred is coming from. I guess it's the "anonymously hide behind my computer losers". You guys suck.

All the best Artie – need you back. Get well big guy.

January 5, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. k rob

I'm sick of Artie, just go away already! I got Sirius for the Howard Show but find myself listening to music more and more because I get sick of the show coming to a halt so Artie can try to tell a story when he decides to come to work. He is not funny and never has been funny on the show. The show has never been as funny as it was when Jackie was there. I hope they replace Artie so the the last year we have with Howard (if he retires) will be better, hopefully more funny!

January 5, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jackie the Joke Man

I hope Artie gets better, but it's time for him to go. The show has been 100 times better the last few weeks he's been gone. Any of the rest of us would have been let go from our jobs a long time ago if we had the attendance and substance abuse problems that Artie has. Time to bring back Jackie and Billy West. But not Jim Breuer. Or I will stop listening.

January 5, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  38. Paneeks

You got to feel bad a bit that he is sick and in the hospital because it just isn't right to kick someone when they are down. But as far as the Stern show goes, its 100 times better without this guy n the show. Most {if not all} of his comedy is recycled past and he is loud and would much rather eat in the studio than contribute as a good coo-host would do. I truly believe that Jim Breuer would be perfect in this spot providing he does not take the ranting and raving "I am an addict" one week and "I'm not an addict" the next week routine like Lange plays off. Artie Lange has really become a bore. But I do hope he gets his health in check. That is something that nobody should laugh at.
    Paneeks/Boston

January 5, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  39. chris von danger

Seeing that Artie the Baby Gorilla is consistantly loaded, even on air, I think its time for howard to enact the "Tough Love" clause to force him into a serious rehab program or dump him totally. Howie could even get Dr. Drew involved and get Artie on Celeb Rehab accordingly.

January 5, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  40. E, Hartford, Ct

Artie,
    I wish you the best. Your half hearted efforts to turn around your health and overall wellness have not worked. Unfortunately, without a willingness on your part to maintain your health, then these stories will continue.
    Howard and much of the crew cares very much for you. Except for maybe Fred! LOL
    Please do what you need to do to get better. If the show doesn't fit into your new life of health. Then don't feel bad to quit. The show will do fine without you.

January 5, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. Debra R

I had no idea Stern was still on the air? Anyway, hope you feel better...

January 5, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  42. MikeMaz

I wish him well but he is on the path of guys like Belushi and Farley. Funny guys, great comedians ( in my opinion) but too many issues and demons to overcome. Im really suprised Artie has lasted this long. he is funny though.

January 5, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  43. fvhayden

Artie's addictions are routinely enabled by Stern's loving but seriously compromised show staff. His addictions are not very different from the addictions evident with other show participants. Tough place to get sober/straight. Hope Lange takes a year/two years to move to another path.

January 5, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Artie Fan

Artie, all the best to you.......please get well. The show is not the same without you. And even if you never return to the show (I'll cancel Sirius by the way), get well for yourself. You deserve to find peace and happiness; you are a great soul!!!!

January 5, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  45. Shawn OK

I miss you so much and hope you are better. Please get well, you can do it. You are the best on the show, and you are best on the show. Love ya big guy.

January 5, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  46. chris

The real thought here is that he was fired 1st of the year, and tried to commit suicide. This is why it's all hush hush, and it's also why Stern won't way what's going on in case there's legal ramifications.

Artie's not really uber funny anymore, and his drug thing has turned from tragically interesting to just waste of time. In real life, a loser like this would be cut loose and forgotten about.

January 5, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  47. Ron G.

How funny can drunk and self destructive be? The guy has a death wish obviously like Belushi and the other fat funny guy Chris. If you guys are fans like that, you might try to encourage the guy getting some serious help. Or the next postings will be about how much you loved or hated him when he was here!

January 5, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  48. baba booey

Another chapter for the book. Please leave the show already!!!

January 5, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  49. billye

fla fla flo hi

January 5, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  50. Bobby Bad Fingers

WE LOVE YOU ARTIE!!!!!

GET WELL SOON

HOWARD STERN'S PENIS

BABABOOEY!!!

January 5, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  51. GrownupNow

I stopped listening to Stern along time ago after realizing he was a racist, bigot, lying wife cheater. His ego is so far beyond his humor, it's not funny. Nor is hurting people for a laugh. Stern your a joke reject, please do us all a favor, retire.

January 5, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  52. rico suave

thank you for being a screw up or I wouldnt be nailing Dana now. She is such a sweet gal and Im lucky to be tapping her.

January 5, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  53. Lennie

Waaaaaaaaa!!! I'm in the hospital and I can't get up.

Get well and get back to work so I can get back to laughing.

Love you Howard Robin & Artie.

January 5, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  54. Laura

Get well soon Artie and hurry back to the Stern show cause it totally sucks without you.
    Your true fans support you in good times and bad and I am one of them. May you get the help you need to fight off the demons that you have been battling for so long. We'll all still be here waiting for you when you are better.

January 5, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  55. JJ

Lange is a clown. He embrassed himself on HBO last year.

January 5, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  56. La Fan

Hope this is a wake up call....seen too many funny fat guys make an early exit.

January 5, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  57. Sean

Who cares? Artie isn't funny, & never was!

January 5, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  58. funnybostonguy

Artie, this better not turn into an obituary as they seem to find the most unflattering pictures to go with these stories. I'm listening to Howard and the gang work their as*es off without you there. You are a great contributer to the show and I do enjoy it much more when you are there. Get well, straighten up and fly right pal, many, many fans are pulling for you.

"You can act like a man!"

January 5, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  59. Lazy Howard

I would have gone to visit you Artie, but Beth ......uh......sprained her hoof.....that's it.

The doc put her on a strict diet of carrots and hay, and is resting in her multimillion dollar stable.....I mean room.

My agent will be sending you paperwork for you to sign relieving me of any liability in the case you should pass. Plwase comply within seven business days. Take care, bro.

January 5, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  60. Ted

On a human level I hope he recovers. But I cannot say I miss him on the show, stepping all over Howard to insert his inane, less-than-funny comments.

January 5, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  61. Shovel

Get well Artie, we miss you. Don't listen to the haters, there are more of us than there are of them.

January 5, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  62. Adrienne

I do not wish him any harm. May be get better and sort out his life. That being said, I think the show is better without him. Jackie rules! But get better Artie, you have a family.

January 5, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  63. YokoOhNo

Drunk, fat, stupid, drug addled, talentless, arrogant, lazy and hacky is no way to go through life....and you're no belushi, unfortunately.

January 5, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  64. Jen in NY

I'm willing to bet that 95% of the "Jackie rules" comments are being written by Jackie himself. Pathetic. Get better, Artie!

January 5, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  65. Larry

For God's sake would someone just give him a hot dose of heroin and put him out of OUR misery!!! I have no sympathy for him or anyone like him. Every bit of this is self induced. This is not a sickness. Dump his fat ass and move on.

January 5, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  66. Willie

Bring Jackie back.......wolf2351@hotmail.com

January 5, 2010 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  67. Rick

I love Artie. He is a very funny guy and has entertained me for years. I bashed him at first when he started having problems, but I literally prayed for his recovery last night. who the heck am I to judge anyone. He's made me happy with his humor and i hope he recovers regardless if he goes back to the Stern show.

January 5, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  68. victoria

Dear Artie:
    Please ignore the negative comments, everyone of all income levels have troubles... please just get well !!!

You are a good and generous man, and the planet is a much better place with you in it.

I hope you get well soon so you and your family can get back to enjoying life to the fullest.

Stern Fan who love's you big guy

l

January 5, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  69. HorribleHarry

I love Artie, but no one can replace Jackie Jokemartling!

January 5, 2010 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  70. mistermay

who gives a FUCC

January 5, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  71. D

hope hes ok...having said that he is a no talent waste of air time. the slob sucks at humor...period. he must give HS great head apparently

January 5, 2010 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  72. Clay

Who wants to bet he is dead by morning? I think he is already dead, they just wanted to wait till the Boise State game was over to announce it.

January 5, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  73. David Brenner

Isthmus be my lucky day.

January 5, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  74. randy

I've never seen the show, but you were damn funny on Jimmy Falon when you played ping pong with SS. I laughed my ass off!

January 5, 2010 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  75. artiechoke

Artie is as funny as a used tampon. Too bad he got so crunked he needed a hospital to flush his system. With luck all that bile from his anger went down the drain too.

He might be funny drunk in a strip club hanging with the boys, but he is no stand up comic. Maybe that is what is so funny about him, standing on stage and being a total looser.

January 5, 2010 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  76. Jack Tempe

Who the heck is Howard Stern?

January 5, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  77. jwarp

Michael: You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people.
    Carlo Rizzi: Mike, you got it all wrong.
    Michael: Ah, that little farce you played with my sister. You think that would fool a Corleone?
    Carlo Rizzi: Mike, I'm innocent. I swear on the kids.
    Michael: Sit down.
    Carlo Rizzi: Please don't do this to me, Mike. Please don't.
    Michael: Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did.
    [Carlo starts sobbing]
    Michael: Get him a drink. Don't be afraid, Carlo. Come on, you think I'd make my sister a widow? I'm Godfather to your son.
    [Carlo get handed a drink]
    Michael: Go ahead. Drink. Drink. No, you're out of the family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas. Tom?
    [Tom hands Michael an airplane ticket]
    Michael: I want you to stay there, you understand?
    [Carlo nods]
    Michael: Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry. Now, who approached you first? Barzini or Tattalgia?
    Carlo Rizzi: It was Barzini.
    Michael: Good. There's a car outside that will take you to the airport. I'll call your wife and tell her what flight you're on.
    Carlo Rizzi: Listen, Mike...
    Michael: Go on. Get out of my sight.

Get well soon Art!!

January 5, 2010 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  78. Eric

get well soon baby gorilla

January 5, 2010 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  79. Lisa

Best that they (Sirius) rid themselves of both : Artie and Howard. A waste of airspace. Tune in about every 6 months and never have they gotten beyond 5th grade boys humor......

January 5, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  80. cptamerica

@jhoward
    i'm sure your family is spotless... sitting on their aristocratic, white, bible-thumping/fox-news watching hill of judgement...... well, news flash. the world isn't made of sunshine and rainbows...
    you have no idea how hard this guys life was... with his dad being paralyzed, then dying @ a young age... working his ass off... batteling the DISEASE that is addiction. i'd say people do have it harder.. but obviously now you, sitting on your cloud of judgement, handing out life lessons to all the sinners.
    you disgust me.. and i hope that your judgementaly behavior comes back to get you/yours.

January 5, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  81. cptamerica

wow, i can't believe the ability of some of these people to be so insensitive and heartless...
    i guess those who are so quick to judge have no problems w/ their loved ones/family/friends....
    artie lange is a comical genius (which could only be recognized by peers, such as nick dipalo, howard stern, dave attell etc...) and the things artie has done for the support of our troops, bringing awareness of the DISEASE of addiction to the mainstream, and the brutal honesty he's addressed his fans with is unbelievable.
    wishing you a speedy recovery artie!
    you may be too fat to fish, but you're the perfect fit for the show! god bless

January 5, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  82. Canyon

Artie, come back soon. Having a friend in the same predicament as you are in really hits home. Dont listen to these idiots trying to belittle your problem. I guess perfect people like they dont grasp the concept of post traumatic stress disorder and subsequent drug addiction.

Anyone here realize that the only known cure for Heroin addiction is to sever the spinal cord above the bundle of nerves that Heroin thickens in your spine??? If you can go thru such a horrendous cure yourself while debasing Artie then Kudos to you!

You are very talented and a great asset to the show.

Jackie on the other hand was borrrrrring.

January 5, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  83. Ryan

To all those addressing their comments to Artie - read the article, he's in the hospital and he can't read what you're writing.

Everyone knows Artie has his issues, and there was some question as to whether or not he had fallen back into his old habits again just before they went on break. We have no clue if that's why he's in the hospital now or not, but it is always a risk for any addict to relapse.

You can say what you like about the guy - but he has a big heart, cares about people, and is funny as hell on the show. To all the haters out there... get over it. He's funnier than you. And he's a human being for god's sake - wish the man well whether you appreciate his comedy or not.

Addicts suffer from a disease that has a behavioral component. I can't get mad at Artie for his problems, I just hope he is ok and takes care of himself soon enough before it's too late.

BA BA BOOEY, MACH-INE!

January 5, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  84. Jerry

Artie has shown a continueing disrespect for his job, his audience, and those that he works with for quite some time. He is not going to change and it is amazing that he is still alive. I think that he should be let go and be replaced with someone who has more respect for his audience, employer, and co workers. He is not all that funny.

January 5, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  85. afan1

Love Artie. Get well soon.

January 5, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  86. jonny

I don't get it. He looks like the epitome of healthy living.

January 5, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  87. Ramone Frunkis

Maybe the stress of working with Hoo-Hoo got to his unhealthy heart and put him over the edge. Artie will act nice to those who Howard hates off-air, but blast them on-air to stay on Howard's good side. This is a known pattern with anybody who thinks pleasing Howard will somehow get them somewhere in the business, even though he faded out of the spotlight years ago. Give the guy a break, Howard, shame on you for causing him medical problems.

For those of you saying you are sick of Howard, I would like to direct you to Opie and Anthony on XM202/Sirius197 for a more pleasurable listening experience.

January 5, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  88. Marc B

Arty lang is a hack. He sucked on madtv and he sucks on stern. OnA is better anyway

January 5, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  89. DesHope

There should not be a "permanent" replacement for Artie for a while. Howard should have a variety of people come in for a good time for the audience and the staff. Artie is obviously seriously impaired and probably won't be back to the show. Somehow it has developed into a potential death trap for him, so he will most likely bow out to save his life.

January 5, 2010 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  90. boltfan

Artie, your true fans are rooting for you to make a full recovery and get back to the show soon. We miss your comedic genius and will always enjoy your amazing contributions to the show.

January 5, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  91. Steve Davis

Who cares howard stern is a has been. The fool should of never left FM raido.

January 5, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  92. david

yeah, I have to say I feel sorry for the guy as he needs help but Artie can't carry Jackie's jock strap, the show is too politically correct and Artie is not stable to be on a daily show. Sal and Richard are the only decent things, Ralph was annoying in cool way but he hardly calls in and Lisa G is the reason I tune out.10 years ago the first time she refused to be cool Howard would have lit her up and thrown her ugly ass out...that chick does NOTHING and is LAME. Ralph was better in that role.

January 5, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  93. flugel76

Wow, for people who vehemently contend that you don't give a crap about this guy, you sure are posting a lot of words that he is never going to read or even hear about. Why should he care about what you think of him? He's a personality on a successful radio talk show with millions of listeners. What are you?

January 5, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  94. tom

stern used artie and now artie is paying the price. stern exploited his addictions for the benefit of his watered down show. maybe if stern would've done something sooner to impress his hamptons pals artie would've straightened himself out. blame howard stern.. he's a sleaze

January 5, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  95. Kevin

Would be happy to see Stern off the air. Sirus is in trouble because they pay Stern so much. won't be long before they are all off the air.

January 5, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  96. Pete Rose Haircut

Ramone! That fat schlub Artie has the charisma of an anal fissure.

January 5, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  97. S. Smith

It's called addiction! If that's actually the reason why he's in the hospital. His book was really good, very honest, and I hope he's doing well soon.

January 5, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  98. Chi-town Woman

Jesus Artie, get better man. Don't leave us with Jackie..pee-u!

January 5, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  99. PM

Artie, Take care of yourself and dont worry about anything else. Miss you on the show, but you need to get youreslf right before you return!

January 5, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  100. TedSheckler

It's a shame about Artie. But if they need a new comic, they should take a gander at Ted's Comic Emporium. All the comics at Ted’s Comic Emporium are guaranteed to be funnier than Rich Vos.

January 5, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  101. Artiiie

If I'd just fallen off the roof like my father.... this would have all been easier

January 5, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  102. Artie must go

Waaaaaah, poor Artie. Enough already. There are numerous comedians who would be better suited to the job than him, and who would respect the show more. My vote is for Dave Attell.

January 5, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  103. michael

Yea go Buckeyes!

January 5, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  104. Horse Face

What a pathetic fat drunk. Speaking of pathetic, how about that gold digger and Hampton Howie destroying habitat to build their $50 mil mansion. And and they do a wild life rescue charity...they must enjoy the dom perignon and caviar at those charities.

January 5, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  105. the situation

Who is this Artie fartie fella? BOOEYBABA To YA !

January 5, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  106. Ed & Alexa

Hope you get well soon Artie. Artie's job is to be a comic, he has his own style. If you don't like the channel turn it people. We Love you in a nonfaggot way Art! Plenty of users out there get better. Just smoke some killer herb all the time. Find certain strains of herb that work for you. Weed is a savior.

January 5, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  107. Robert Sheppard

Get well Artie! The show is not the same without you. What would make the show better would be to turn off Robin Quivers mike once in a while! She is the most annoying part of the show!

January 5, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  108. Liz W

My heart goes out to Artie and his family. Having something that horrible inside you must be haunting. Addiction is always a cause of something more traumatic to the user and I really hope that he can control that demon before it consumes him.

Spirits be with you Artie!

January 5, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  109. Darren

Get well Artie,
    Through all the crazy shit you have done I believe you are truly a good dude..

Your fans are pulling for you..

January 5, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  110. SueAnn

Get better Artie, we love you!!!

January 5, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  111. Steven R.

Thank goodness they are on radio – what an ugly bunch from Stern on down.

January 5, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  112. The Revolution

Anybody remember me?

January 5, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  113. greg

you fat piece of SH#T! get well soon, because i love you!

January 5, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  114. dave

GET WELL SOON ARTIE :

______

January 5, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  115. In NC

Loser. Tanked Joe Buck's show for no reason with really sour, dated, homophobic and racist jokes, and now we're apparently meant to feel sorry that his lifestyle is biting him in the tookus? I think not. Reap what you sow, schmuck, reap what you sow.

January 5, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  116. kate d

Wearing an addiction like a badge is no way to act for his age, and that's just what he does, you can hear it with how proud he is about his more than eager knowledge of drugs and drink. So i do agree. I also think Artie has stalled the show time after time and for this i wish he'd get up and leave. Howard must like the fact that Artie is "out of control," and this is why he's put up with the nonsense. Personally, i rather enjoyed the Jackie years and wish the old gang was put back together.

January 5, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  117. Jose Urmamah

Artie: yet another slobby ass millionaire with a hot girlfriend that can't seem to figure out how not to do drugs and kill themselves. Big baby. Grow up already.

January 5, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  118. Jack Meoffer

Arite is great, but no one will ever believe a story he tells any longer. Everything was a lie to cover up his drug use. He should just tell jokes and join in when someones balls are getting busted, but any personal stories will be dismissed. He simply will not be believed.

January 5, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  119. A B

get well, ni**er fa**ot!

January 5, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  120. MattyB

It's not funny, it's not fun.

January 5, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  121. frank

whaaaa! I'm in the hospital and can't go to work!

Whaaaa! My family doesn't want howard or anyone to talk about it!

Whaaaa! I'm a baby gorilla!

Whaaaa! I like heroin!

Whaaaa! Dana left me!

Whaaaa!

January 5, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  122. Ivanti C

You are aware that Artie is gay and fighting demons?

January 5, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  123. marc

I'm a Stern fan since the 80's and I happen to think Artie is a funny guy and an asset to the show but I swear if I hear one more story about someone that can't deal with being rich and famous I'm gonna puke. There's a lot of people in the world dealing with a lot more adversity but they get off their asses every morning, go to work and deal with life. Suck it up fat boy and get over it

January 5, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  124. Beth

I hope he didnt eat too many sugar cubes and apples like I did. Neigh!

January 5, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  125. jhoward

I'm sick of Artie and his stupid life and idiotic behavior. It's just so tired already. The guy is 42, looks 62, acts like a pathetic 20 year old drug addict and it's always poor me, poor me- waaaa. Here's a hint Artie, tons of people walk around in America and have harder lives than you ever did, and don't cry about it like you or act like a total liar/waste of space. These are people with real problems not your sad excuses for dumb behavior and "torment." the guy has maybe done 1 hour of funny and years of nothing to be honest and to even put him in the same sentence with Jackie or Billy West would be a crime against the show. I don't know why Howard has ever put up with it, it's a disgrace the way he has treated the show and for years now.

January 5, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  126. Antman

My good friends, Greg and Tony, are so upset by the news, that they had to cancel Uncle Paul's birthday party. And he is turning 57 years young, God bless him. The children are going to be so disappointed.

January 5, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  127. Huge Fan

Very saddened by this news and I wish Artie recovers and gets on with business.

January 5, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  128. John

Funny guy but how many more chances is he gonna have in show business or in life?? He needs some time away to actually focus on things rather than the bandaid approaches he's done in the past.

The show was better with a healthy Artie, not the bloated, lazy unreliable person he's become.

Get better you Funny Bastard!

January 5, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  129. Diane

Artie, artie..please get your self together already. Don't you realize that you have the best job in the world and we all love you, man. It will be so difficult for us to listen without you there. Realize how very lucky you are and pull it together. You have been rolling around in the mud for far too long and you really need to open you r eyes and see the lighjt. Stop the insanity, Artie, and kiss the ground for all that you have in life. many others have NOTHING. Stop destroying your mother and sister....WE LOVE YOU AND WISH FOR YOUR RECOVERY

January 5, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  130. Brian

Get Well Soon Artie

You are a very important part of the show.

January 5, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  131. Dean Wormer

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

January 4, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Sammy

I stopped listening because they take too much time off. two weeks here three weeks there.....no mas.

Artie? nevermind

January 4, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Shoebox

Miss you man......
    oh...and yeah...... WAAAAAAAAH! No Cupcakes!!!! WAAAHHH!!

Come back soon!!!!

January 4, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Ray

No big loss. Overrated hack. The Gary puppet would be better than Artie.

January 4, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  135. EL

Jackie was the king!!

January 4, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Patrick

C;mon Artie. It;s time to get yourself together. You have everything in the world to live for. You have your dream job. You have your mom, sister and girlfriend. You gotta stay off the road. You make serious money now. You have a responsibility to everyone that loves you to not let yourself succumb to addiction. I had an uncle I never knew that killed himself in 1956. The entire family is still suffering for this. You owe it to yourself, family, friends and fans to do what you have to do to be better. I know you are capable of it...just look how far you have come. If you die, I will never forgive you.

January 4, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Jim CT Man

Find your way Artie.
    It's never as bad as you think.
    You have much to be thankful for.

January 4, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jason L.

GET WELL ARTIE!!! The guy is a real person with real issues just like the rest of us, but he is funny as hell and has brought the show to a new level. Jackie screwed himself by leaving and we are all benefitting.

Bababooey to y'all

January 4, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  139. JerryD

Artie, hurry up get well get back.. Surius is not the same in the morning without you! Miss you

January 4, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  140. ethan

artie is a fat, lazy, loser and kills air time with all his problems. he has no wit or humor and he can dish it out but can't take it. i hope he quits or gets fired this week and is replaced by jackie puppet or big foot.

January 4, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Zipperneck

Love him or hate him, the guy has been thru self induced hell that at least 50% of the haters induldge in themselves, and thats why they hate him because of the jealousness, That being said, I didnt care for him when he replaced Jackie but in a few months time, I found he contributed to the show in a different way then the Jokeman, a better way. There are times when I wish he would just shut up but the majority of the time he adds to the show in a big way. He may be in the hospital for health problems not related to his addictions, but we may never know until his return. Either way, the Stern Show will roll on and I will listen till he retires, which I hope is not for at least another few years. BaBaBooey

January 4, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Chris N

WAAAAAAAAAH! So what if Michael Jackson fingered you when you were 30 years old, get over it Artie! The show isn't the same without you! Any truth to the rumor that Artie was really in the French Alps with Tiger's ex?

January 4, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Nancy

ARTIE! I love ya man! I am thinking about you and I know you will be better soon! You are a great person. Don't let the monkey's keep you down!

Great Fan
    Nancy in Akron Ohio

January 4, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Ricky

Artie, you suck!!!

January 4, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Cheryl Jones

Artie has brought so much to the Howard Stern show. You can tell he is a good man with a giant heart. I wish him well and hope he is back on the show soon.

January 4, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Troll

I listened to Stern for about 12 years, then I got tired of his over blown ego. Yes Jackie was better than Arty was.
    P.S. Stern did not invent radio even though he thinks he did.

January 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Jeff T.

I wish Artie well health-wise. However, I hope he never returns to the Howard Stern show. Artie's only talent is kissing Howard's ass so Howard does not fire him. The Stern show is about the talent being real, and Arite lies about almost everything. He was so obnoxious to Gary about the pitch at Citi Field; Artie was not funny at all. For the last 12 months, Arite has killed the momentum of the Howard Stern Show. Artie tried to make the show his own. Y ou have to applaud Howard for being so patient with Artie and not reprimanding him on the show. Artie brought the show to a screeching halt, and it made for a terrible listening experience. Hope you get better Artie, but do us Howard listeners a favor and never return to the show (and please do not bring back the very untalented Jackie Martling). BOB-A-BOOEY to you all!

January 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Rick Grant

Get better, sir. Looking for your return to the show.

January 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Treena

Love ya big guy -please get better soon. The show isn't the same without you – you are the main reason that I listen. We'll be waiting for you to come back!

January 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  150. mark damico

wahhhh !!! I'm fat drug addicted and make alot of money !! bring back jackie !!!

January 4, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  151. tp

Bruer is HISTERICAL!

Any of you hear his long island or john maddon live bits on howard's network show years ago?

Geez, you ain't heard comic genius!

January 4, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  152. davit

Artie is obviously a very troubled guy. He also brings good things to the show, and many of us out here in satellite land hope he gets better and returns to the show soon!

January 4, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Sporky

A lot of people root for Britney or Lindsay. I'm rooting for the Baby Gorilla. Get well soon, Artie!

January 4, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Tom

Most people don't know this but Artie has been battling anorexia his whole life. He was doing well for a while but apparently he went off track. Sad story.

January 4, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Oleg N.

WAAAAAAH! I'm sick again! Jack and Coke...
    Get better soon. Can't wait for you and George Takei together in the same show.
    You're missing cup cake Wedensdays...
    STERN RULES!!! BABABOOEY!!!

January 4, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Leo

I love what Artie brings to the show but watching him struggle as he succombed to his addictions was tough. Have known many addicts that have gone through rehab and become clean only to go back to using again, am praying that he doesn't become that kind of statistic.

January 4, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  157. SkiBlu

Artie, hope things get better for you.

January 4, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Sarah

Howard Stern is still on the radio? I had no idea.

January 4, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Charmaine

Love you Artie, You are a great talent and I miss not hearing you on the show and seeing you on Howard TV.

Please do what you need to do to get better. You have a big heart and alot to live for. You are living your dream.

January 4, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Kris

Waaaah! I'm in the hospital cause I'm a fat unhealthy slob, waaaah!

Get well Artie!

January 4, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  161. jimmy

funny funny man

January 4, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  162. rshu

Stay off the bacon cheeseburgers for a couple meals...geez

January 4, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  163. scotty

big deal...I haven't listened to howard since this buffon took over for jackie. However, I don't wish him any ill will and hope he makes a full recovery.....but he's a no talent hack

January 4, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Pam

Artie, da#mi#! I can't wait for you to straighten your a** out!!! Please get better soon and know that people freakin' care, so if you can't do it for yourself, do it for us, man.

If this is not related to a self-inflicted condition, then I apologize for my accusatory tone. FEEL BETTER, Artie!

January 4, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  165. MichaelA

Have you seen this guy's book Too Fat To Fish? He is a self-destructive moron. Between the weight and the drugs, its just a matter of time.

January 4, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Rayca

Gosh, I wish they would get rid of him already. He may be a "talented," "great guy," but you don't hear it on the show. Does he write jokes like Jackie, the jokeman did? Does he come up with skits like the whole crew does? Doubt it. He doesn't even talk anymore. A week before he left (this time), 50 Cent was being interviewed and Artie was slurring his speech. The one time he opened his mouth in about a week and he's loaded. He lied about seing a shrink. He only cleans up occasionally because his mother and sister force him to. He's pathetic. He doesn't have a clue how to clean up and stay sober and I wish they would get a replacement and be done with him. He's NOT that funny.

January 4, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  167. tanner

Jim Breuer sucks.

PLEASE get well soon ARTIE!!!!!!!

January 4, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  168. blake

love ya Artie!

STERN RULES!!

BABABOOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  169. doug

Get Better Big Man

January 4, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Andy

Waaaaaaaa!
    Im in the hospital!
    Recover soon Artie. We miss you. The show is only at its best when you are in the studio.

January 4, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Muneesh

another publicity stunt.. he'll write all about it in his new book

January 4, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Gary G.

Get better soon, ya baby gorilla! The show's not the same without you, and neither are the lives of your fans. I miss you immensely; please be well!

January 4, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |