December 17th, 2009

A 'Merry Swiftmas'

testing captions
testing captions

Taylor Lautner might want to watch out because someone wants his girl for Christmas.

Evan Taubenfeld, a singer-songwriter and former member of Avril Lavigne's band, has penned a cute little ditty wishing for a gift of Taylor Swift this holiday season.

The song, "Merry Swiftmas (Even Though I Celebrate Chanukah)," has become a hit in the Twitterverse and online.

"I want a good girl for hugging and kissing and not a head case who only dates jerks," Taubenfeld sings. "I don't need more toys and shiny things. I just want a blonde who likes to sing."

The whimsical performer proceeds to list other celeb hotties he'd pass up including Megan Fox, Amy Smart, Lindsay Lohan, Penelope Cruz and Angelina Jolie if only "Santa, for my gift, please send me Taylor Swift."

And of course, no Taylor Swift mention would be complete without also referencing rapper Kanye West. Taubenfeld croons "No one will mess with her when she's mine. And Kanye will watch his mouth next time!"

Swift was reportedly charmed by the song. The music video ends with her appearing on Taubenfeld's door step on Christmas morning.

Taubenfeld told MTV the object of his affection was as sweet and as charming as he had imagined.

"I'd say even more so," Taubenfeld said. "She's a genuine person. I'm not sure that Lautner was too stoked about it."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Taylor Swift

1. Lemuel Toepperwein

In 2005, Smart starred as Sarah in a British independent film called The Best Man. Seth Green was her co-star. She also appeared in the 2006 film Crank, portraying the girlfriend of the lead character, Chev Chelios (played by Jason Statham). She reprised the role in the sequel, Crank: High Voltage, released in 2009.:

My current web site

April 18, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Vincenzo Georgiades

Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task..

September 9, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Blake Butler

I love the eyes and abs of Amy Smart what a pretty girl.~,`

July 9, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. John

I don't care if Taylor Swift is a role model or not. One look in those eyes and I'm lost. She is HOT!

December 22, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cris

@Matt. You need to get over yourself.

December 21, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Matt

Why doesn't everyone just GET OVER Taylor Swift? Kanye acts like an idiot and that somehow means she has to be everywhere?. Role model? Pfft, wait for her sex tapes or drug habbit to come out one day. It'll be quite funny. Quit being brainwashed.

December 20, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Amber

Evan Taubenfeld is amazing!!!Taylor Swift is sooo lucky

December 19, 2009 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jack wilkerson

What a wonderful role model Swift is for your teens to admire! We need more like her . Jack Wilkerson

December 18, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. Coolmonalisa

love the song, For my gift this Christmas, I want to meet Evan Taubenfeld

December 18, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Debra R

"Swift" move young man

December 18, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. TodStar13

Well Done, young man.

December 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kristi Mackay

Evan is known for his humor and wit in songs and this just shows it well! It's infectious and I seem to want to listen over and over. This will become a Christmas (Channukah) classic!

December 17, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jessica

Evan Taubenfeld its an amazing singer and song writer , this song its great ! you should check out his web page evantaubenfeld.com and listen to some of his others songs too... love ya evan! and taylor swift too hehe great people!

December 17, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kirby Marie

So Adorable! Taylor Swift is such a wonderful young lady and a genuine role model.....Mr. Taubenfeld better watch out for Taylor Lautner, I heard werewolves were territorial, Lol….I know that was pretty cheesy :-)

December 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |