December 7th, 2009

Thrilling finale in Vegas for 'Amazing Race'

Meghan and Cheyne
Meghan and Cheyne

After a memorable 15th season (which had not one, but three teams giving up on a challenge) for "The Amazing Race," the three remaining teams fought it out in Las Vegas for the $1 million prize. Through it all, Meghan and Cheyne, a.k.a. "Barbie and Ken," remained dominant, but this final leg threatened to keep them from finishing first. As a fan of two eliminated teams Gary and Matt, and Globetrotters Flight Time and Big Easy (that is, until their inexplicable abandonment of a Roadblock last week), I didn't really have a clear favorite going in.

First, former Miss America Ericka and her husband Brian had a particularly good cab driver who took them on a shortcut to Mandalay Bay, where one team member each would rappel down the front of the building. The other two teams eventually caught up with them, but it looked to me like they could manage an unlikely come-from-behind victory - that is, until they arrived at The Mirage, home of the Cirque du Soleil Beatles-inspired "Love" show.

Ericka had to be bungeed toward a bouquet of flowers, like the acrobats in the show, but this proved no easy task for them. At one point, a panicking Ericka asked to switch places with Brian as Meghan and Cheyne and bickering brothers Sam and Dan caught up with them. Ericka had a complete meltdown, switching again with Brian once they were left in last place.

At this point, I started to have a real fear that Sam and Dan, two of the most annoying racers in the show's history, might have a shot at the prize, especially once Meghan and Cheyne started having trouble figuring out that their next destination was the Monte Carlo casino. After asking around to anyone who would listen, though, they finally figured it out, but not before Sam and Dan had already started the final challenge.

It was quite disappointing to see that this challenge didn't involve remembering previous legs of the race, but instead - counting poker chips? (Professional poker players Maria and Tiffany were probably wishing they could have pulled off that Detour in Amsterdam even more now.)

This challenge was like kryptonite to Sam and Dan, who previously had problems with numbers in Dubai, and despite a worthy effort at organized counting, Meghan and Cheyne beat them out, as well as Brian and Ericka, who counted quickly, but not correctly.

It was on to the MGM Grand, where teams met with Wayne Newton, who told them the finish line was at his house. When Sam and Dan arrived, they couldn't figure out Newton's name, and he had to tell them. Though at the same time, I'm not entirely sure that Meghan and Cheyne would have known it without it being told to them beforehand.

Either way, Meghan and Cheyne's math skills proved crucial as they edged out Sam and Dan to cross the finish line.

Despite the predictability of this outcome, it was certainly one of the best final legs in quite a while as the lead kept changing, and all three teams remained in it until the last challenge.

What did you think of the finale and this "Amazing Race" season as a whole? Share your thoughts on video, or in the comments below.

« Previous entry
  1. Dianne

Oh, how I missed the Globetrotters... Having said that, I have to congratulate Megan and Cheyne. They were not my favorites, but they were good, solid racers. I could not stand those brothers who probably never heard of or (if they had heard of it) did not know the meaning of KARMA... and Ericka really got on my last nerve!! Good luck with her, Brian!!

December 10, 2009 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. siouxfalls

I admire Flight Time and Big Easy soooooooooo much!!! they we're both patient with each other and very, very appreciative not to mention that they're both supportive with each other and they're just the best! i wish in the replay they'll won hehehehehe

Erika was really indeed very much annoying she keeps on nagging her husband GOOD THING they didn't grab the million. And it's REALLY, REALLY A GOOD THING that the brother's didn't win they are just like Erika! Maybe they're triplets ?!? whatchathink?

Congratulations to Megan and Cheyne they deserve it next to Fight Time and Big Easy

December 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Doug

I was disappointed the brothers didn't win but Cheyne and Megan did a great job to catch up and go for the win. I love this show and can't wait till next season. Hopefully it will be in HD!

December 8, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lynn

and, one more thing, in agreement with AJ, I too, love love this show. Survivor used to be a close favorite but not anymore. However, I do think they make the show interesting and not 'predictable'. Look at this season, one couple did not even make it out of the initial gate to start the race... now that was a nice twist.

they did almost lose me as a viewer that one season of Amazing Race Families... I quit after a few episodes.

December 8, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. lynn

Erika is lucky to have a husband, period, of any nationality. Her mom has a hard time about her being married to Brian? Her mom should be happy that any man married her daughter. She is abusive, disrespectful and just mean. You don't castrate your partner, let alone in view of millions. I hope she looked back on these tapes and apologizes to him and I hope her family viewed the tapes and realize they were wrong.

Initially I wanted them to win from the final three; can't stand the brothers, and it's not a gay thing, they just annoyed me with their constant raging on each other... as for Ken and Barbie, they dominated the whole race so it would have been a more interesting finale had they not won.

I so wanted the Trotters to win; in the worst of times they laughed and never pointed an accusatory finger at each other.

December 8, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. PH

Congrats to Cheyne and Megan on winning. They deserve it. Of all the contestants the Globe Trotters were my favorites. Lost interest when they were sent home. Erika annoyed the heck out of me. If I heard BRIAAAAN! one more time I was going to loose it. Of the final three I was hoping Brian and Erika won though but only for Brian's sake and because they were the underdogs. With them coming so close at times when they should have gone home a long time ago, makes the race interesting. Those brothers were the worst. I know their mom must have constant headaches raising them.

December 8, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fred

I was hopin' Cheyne and Meghan won. I was pretty confident that they would given all the legs they'd won.

Erika was wanting her family to be more accepting of Brian....she should walk the walk instead of talk the talk. Miss America? More like Miss Attitude.

December 8, 2009 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. slimboy

Chris summarized it well. Brian is in an abusive relationship and all that being bottled up in inside is going to be nasty when it explodes. I have no idea why so many people were rooting for them when she is clearly a horrendous person. All we hear is Ericka and her mom.....hate to be the parents of Brian who's watching their beloved son being mistreated this way....and on top of that being despised by HER family???? Dude, get out while you can. Great job to Cheyne and Megan....I would have jumped out the window if any other team had won :)

December 8, 2009 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Linn

I am so glad that Erika and Brian didn't win (sorry Brian) but your wife is a witch! I felt so bad for him and the way his wife was treating him. I cant believe her parents have/had a problem with him. They should feel lucky that someone would want her beauty queen or not. Maybe after seeing the show HIS parents will have a problem with HER. The best team won!!

December 7, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lucy

The right team won! Comming first in almost all the legs. Good for them as they worked hard and smart at all the challenges – they deserved it. I'm soooooo glad, Miss America and her 'whipped' husband didn't win; they just slithered through everything by the skin of their teeth and because of other teams bad luck. She's a yeller and out of control, clearly she brow-beats her poor husband. Her mum is right. He's not the man for her; she needs someone to put her in her place and tell her to shut up!

December 7, 2009 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jeddak

My wife and I missed the finale as our power went off just as the show was getting good. Came here to find out who won... hehe.

December 7, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. WausauFamily

Very exciting show this last race. Liked just about everyone on it. Always such an interesting show. Good write up Henry.

December 7, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

The team that I was really disappointed to see go the most was the team of Justin and Zev. I was heartbroken for them when they lost their passports. I really thought that they had a chance to go far, heck the leg they got kicked off on they actually finished first. But of the remaining contestants Megan and Cheyne were my favorites

December 7, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. rallyintheend

Out of the three the best team did win. I agree with most that I was so wanting the father and son team to win. But I disagree with most and I'm glad the globetrotters didn't even get to the finale. I believe in average people running this race and they get to excuse the term globe trot around the world unlike most of the contestants. Anyway I too was tired of Erikca's attitude but at the same time her behavior was typical of someone who gets flusterred easily. Her hubby knows her and was calm and supportive and let her whine, rant, and pout. That is a good team. Believe me, if he got tired of it he'd put a stop to it. Does she need to apologize to him now that she sees how she acted; I sure hope so. I think her speech at the end tells how much she does love and support him. Now on to the finale. I was highly unhappy with the finale stunt. Though it caused problems and allowed another lead to go by, I still think counting chips was a poor choice. Then to find Newton's home? That was the end? I was disappointed. Anyone wish they'd tell the times of the teams who come after the winning team? I'd like to know rather than the random cuts of them running on up.

December 7, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mike

I was rooting for Brian and Ericka. But I have to be honest and say Ericka needs to chill and know it looks like she has a real good man there. It seems her parents have some problems. Maybe they be happier with a brother for their daughter. Good luck with that. But at the end the best couple won I believe and 3rd. place is not so bad. They got the bronze.

December 7, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Irene Siegel

I have been a faithful fan since day 1 and have never missed
    an show. I am glad that Barbie and Ken won. They worked well with
    each other and knew the meaning of teamwork. I loved the Harlem Globetrotters, so funny and oh so very real. I am truly sorry that they
    did not make the final four. As far as the brothers are concerned,
    what goes around comes around and they were very deceitful and
    just not nice.

December 7, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gera

I enjoyed the show all season long. I was hoping for Brian to win it but not so much for Erica. In the end, it was good to see Barbie and Ken as first place. They ran it with honor.

December 7, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. marleis

I'm pretty sure the Globetrotters threw it away on purpose ... did they really need to be seen winning a million? I loved them but they didn't need the $$. Was rootin' for Team Zebra only because they were the underdog and had won not one leg of the race - that woulda been cool to see. In the end, though, the right team won. They really played with integrity (well, more than anyone else), played smart, and in the end it worked out for them. Agreed, he doesn't deserve her! Can't wait for next season!

December 7, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Andy

I wanted the brothers to win, they were HOT! And furthurmore, what brothers and sisters don't scream and yell at each other, sheesh!

December 7, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. TAR_big_fan

from the final 4 or five, I was sure that Meghan and Cheyne will win because how well they worked together. I never thought that that Miss America her husband and the two brothers Sam and Dan got that far into the final 3.

Both of those pairs got big mouths and no thinking brains.

I got so nervous for a bit when Meghan and Cheyne couldn't figure out the Monte Carlo.

December 7, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ginny

Ericka: You are a piece of work.

December 7, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mike

I hope Erika sits down and watches the whole season. If she does she should be very embarrassed . If she acts like that in everyday life her mother should be thrilled that a man (any man) Black or White would actually merry her. I think she gave up at least once in each episode. Her screaming voice echoed in my head. Brian is awesome to have carried the team to the final three all by himself. Awesome player, not so awesome at picking a woman.
    Flight Time & Big Easy would have been much better in the final. I am very happy that the screaming, scamming, complaining brothers did not win. I paused the show when Sam and Dan got to the Monte Carlo first and told my wife if they won I was going to protest the show. CYEYNE AND MEGHAN worked together great.

December 7, 2009 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Kris

I'm glad they won and I have to agree with the writer here – the 2 guys were annoying and I was very very glad they did not win. As for Ericka and Brian, well she had too many meltdowns – a lot of yelling. I did liked the Globetrotters and was bummed when they took the 4 hr penalty – I knew they would not recover. My other favorite was Pinky and the Brain! Great show guys! Looking forward to the next one.

December 7, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kathy

Meghan and Cheyne totally deserved to win...a class act. Brian was a saint the way he put up with Erica (take note Erica's mom)...because of her annoying and uncalled for outbursts I'm glad they didn't win...same for Sam and Dan, Dan just needed to keep his mouth closed and stop his whining and complaining. Of course they all made for entertaining TV and I am sure there is a very high level of anxiety that they all feel in these mad dashes.

December 7, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Marilyn

I really enjoyed this last season. I was so glad the brothers didn't win. All the whining and screaming it became so irritating. I was hoping for Brian and Erica but I'm glad the other team won.

December 7, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kimmy from Memphis

I am so happy that the brothers didn't win... they were the most annoying pair. I was so disgusted with Ericka behavior. I felt bad for Brian. She was whiny, crabby, impatient, and rude. In the end I'm glad that Megan and Cheyne won. They were the top competitiors through out the race and they deserved to win... but Big Easy should be called Big Dummy! I was so mad that Flight Time didn't do the road block I could have screamed!! I mean yeah the brother was sneaky and didn't give you the whole word, but at least you knew it started with a "F".. geez

December 7, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Red

Absolutely cannot stand the team of Barbie and Ken, all because of him. He is a whiny baby and did nothing to win the race. She deserves better. I liked many of the other teams much better, and was disappointed that someone so rude and lazy could win. Hope next season is better or I will have to watch something else on Sunday night.

December 7, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Robyn G

I was cheering for the home town boys (Go KC). We need at least ONE winning team in this town. It was pretty obvious that Barbie & Ken had the better chance. They never had a panic attack (good job, Miss America) and rarely argued (Sam??Dan???). They stayed focused and that's what got them through. Congrats.

December 7, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Peggy

BTW: I have to agree with "Amazingracer 1979", I hated to see the Globetrotters get beat by a simple word game, a 5-letter word at that! Shame on you Big Easy!

December 7, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. joy

So disappointed that the finale did not include the expected "race review" quiz. That has always been one of the highlights of the race for me. Gives physically weaker teams a fighting chance and provides a nice recap of the season. Seems like every season had an interesting different variation on that challenge...this time, it was pretty much just a race of three American cab drivers through a single city.

December 7, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Linda

I was pulling for Meghan and Cheyne the entire time. They were always calm, and supported each other throughout the entire race. Whatever they messed up, they let it go and focused on what was next. They worked great as a team. I wish them nothing but happiness. Erika was starting to get annoying with the melt down, I understand the pressure, but that's not going to get you anywhere by throwing a hissy fit.

As far as the brothers, I didn't want them to win. They whined the ENTIRE race, and yelled about everything. Good grief!

December 7, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. BeerBrewerDan

I'll never forget when Rob took that 4 hour penalty rather than eating 6 pounds (or whatever it was) of meat. That was one of the best moves ever. I still hated him, but had to respect his ability to do the math. Plus he convinced others to join him. Brilliant for a jerk.

December 7, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dani

I was so happy that Meghan and Cheyne won! They kept their cool and stayed true to eachother! That Ericka should be ASHAMED of herself! She kept saying about how her mother should now finally see the good in Brian??! HELLO she should adore him and be ashamed of you. You HIT your husband while verbally abusing him on National tv. classsy.
    Those brothers sound like abusers. scream and yell then apologize and then do it all over again.
    Congrats Megha and Cheyne!

December 7, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Mykle

Congrats to Meghan and Cheyne. They really worked well together and that strength was what brought them to the finish line first.

Personally, I was rooting for the brothers. Sam RULED that Face First Rappel (unlike Cheyne, who had his eyes closed the whole time...but kudos to Cheyne for trying). Sam & Dan bickered like siblings (because they are). It got in their way a few times, but they ran a good race.

Brian and Ericka were a good team overall, but I'm really tired of the casting of models/beauty queens and the psuedo-celebrity teams (like the Globetrotters & Poker Players). If you can be recognized on the race because of your celebrity status, it's an unfair advantage to the real people who truly make the race more interesting.

December 7, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. AJ

I love this show, I will always love this show, but I've been disappointed the last several seasons. It seems the episodes are getting shorter and shorter, some of the challenges less challenging and the format of the race itself pretty predictable. (Not the racers themselves, just the timing of non-eliminations etc.). Didn't the season finale used to be 2 hours in length? We need more Amazing Race!!
    Other than that, all I have to say is that I hope Cheyne uses that million dollars to find a new hair style. I was really hoping Ericka and Brian would win.

December 7, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Peggy

I would have trusted the outcome more if the final challenge was one that we (the viewing audience) could actually see without a doubt. I do not believe for one second that Cheyne and Megan came running into the Monte Carlo at least a half-hour after the other two couples and managed to stack up $1,000,000 in casino chips on the very first attempt. Don't get me wrong....those two ran a damn good race, but at the end they did not prevail! I think it was rigged by the producers!

December 7, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jinx

I think that Meghan and Cheyne deserved to win but my heart belonged to the Globetrotters.

As for the brothers, I think they both should be slapped VERY HARD ... I would not watch one more week of their whining and bickering; Brian should be looking for GREENER PASTURES.

December 7, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. J Gamm

I am so glad that Brian and Ericks did not win. I got so tired of them interjecting the racial thing. If it is not a big deal then why did they bring it up every episode? I am glad that Megan and Cheyne did win. the brothers were my 2nd choice. Great race guys!

December 7, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. James MacLean

Erika is NO miss anything in any sense of the word other than Miss annoying. The dude could do MUCH better!

December 7, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  40. bentbob

Meghan and Cheyne were perhaps the best team throughout. They worked together and supported each oher. The only other team to support each other so well was the Globetrotters. And Meghan is way hotter than them, so I was happy

December 7, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Rin

How cliche, labeling Meghan and Cheyne as Barbie and Ken. Not me, mine is original by labeling them as Mr and Mrs Captain America. WOOO I'm so glad my team won! Making my last 3 out of 4 teams I picked to win won! I AM THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

December 7, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Lorna

Really wanted The Globetrotters to win, i was gutted when they were eliminated last week..so at that point i was rooting for Erika & Brian...and at times i thought they were going to win and pull off a huge upset...(i guess me screaming at the tv egging them on fell on deaf ears)....the brothers have to be 2 of the most annoying contestants EVER to run the race....(pity they didn't get left behind in Holland)...and as far as the winners go...I really liked Megan...but Cheyne..(PLEASE...who spells Shane CHEYANE???...I MEAN... SERIOUSLY?...)...well he turned out to be the BIGGEST NUMPTY that has appeared on tv in a long time...Megan dump the numpty and find a man...as Cheyne is just to much of a boy...XXX XX X...

December 7, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. dan

Did Ericka win the Miss America contest just so she wouldn't throw a hissy fit. What a baby. And the 2 brothers–someone said they were the most annoying team in Amazing Race history. I'm not sure if that's true but they rank in the top 2 or 3. A four hour penalty-a monkey could put 5 letters together enough times in 4 hours to come up with the correct answer. If you want to play, play to win. If you are a quitter don't even sigh up.

December 7, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Barb

Like many other writers, I would have loved to have seen Flight Time and Big Easy in the finale. They deserved it – they were fun and worked hard.
    The right team won – there was little bickering between Barbie & Ken and they were very supportive of each other. I also agree that the brothers were a pain in the %#*&^ and Erika was nothing but a whiner. In fact, when they started the Cirq challenge – I told my kids that she was going to collapse – which she did.
    Great show! Great family entertainment too!

December 7, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ali

I wish Megan could have won it on her own. Cheyne was whinny and rude, I could not believe the way that he snatched the paper out of the old lady's hand at the railroad. How ignorant ca a peron be. Brian needs to dump that silly woman Erika, she does not deserve him. Imagine if he had slapped her? As for the globetrotters, they were lazy, I could not belive that he gave up on the challange, he would have solved it in less than 4 hours, remember he even had the first letter of the word. Megan was awesome, by far the best player. I would love to have seen the poker players do their thing with the chips in LV

December 7, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jay

Erica kept saying how much of a christian she was, but the way she treated her husband was anything but christian. She needs to learn more respect, and what a true christian is – maybe instead of racing around the world, she needs to race to church more and learn to be a christian. As for the winners, I am glad they won. My wife and I wanted either the father and son, the Globetrotters, or Meghan and Cheyne. We did NOT want to see the brothers win as they did nothing but argue.
    The right team won!

December 7, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dave

This show is sweet! Glad Meghan won for her team! I'm sure her back hurts from carrying Cheyne in this race around the world.

December 7, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  48. mb

The final leg was awesome,however, quite predictable. I was also rooting for Erica and Brian but she did get on my nerves too. She is horrible under pressure. I'd love to race with Brian, he was very patient with her thruout the game. Congrats to Meghan and Cheyne!!!!

December 7, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  49. karen

I think that Meghan and Cheyne should have won because all in all they were the best competitors. Ericka and her husband Brian was the couple that I pulled for the most but I began to realize that Brian would probably have won the race if he had a different partner. His wife was not supportive and certainly didn't pull her weight. She moaned more and more as the stuggled through each leg of the race. Her husband was such an inspiration, Lord I was pulling for him. He certainly does love her.

December 7, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Susan

I'm not sure I would have called this episode "thrilling". The ending was edited together so we'd think there was a chance the brothers would win – but they pull those cutting room tricks every episode. The rappelling challenge was cool, but the rest of it was pretty boring. We've had much better challenges and more exciting episodes this season, so for a finale it was kind of a snooze.

I didn't think I would watch it after the Globetrotters went out. I REALLY wish they had won it. But I watched anyway and didn't care who won as long as it wasn't the brothers. Those two were nasty to everyone for the whole of the show; they were even horrible to each other.

I thought I would have liked to have seen Brian and Ericka win at the beginning of the ep, but when she completely lost her cool when the other teams caught up to them at LOVE I knew they were toast. I would have still had some respect for except for her except that she never got control of herself and just kept acting hysterical and being irrational about everything. Brian deserves an award just for being patient with her, because I wouldn't have been.

I was never a fan of Meghan and Cheyne because Meghan annoyed me with her repetitive whining. But they did do the best on this leg of the race and so good for them. I was just happy the poisonous brothers didn't win; I was afraid for a few that they might.

Flight Time and Big Easy need their own show. You network guys get on that!!

December 7, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Martini

People, whether you like it or not, Brian is crazy about his wife. He met her 9 years ago and pursued her for 5 years before she finally agreed to give him a chance. They've been together for 4 and married for over 2 years of it. Brian has said from day one that they are complete opposites. Yes, she could have behaved much better. Yes, her family is absolutely crazy for not accepting such an amazing man. Ericka's problem is she's horrible under pressure and takes out her frustrations on Brian but I think when she looks back at the show's episodes, she'll see her behavior and how she treats Brian.

December 7, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Big D

Well, although I was not cheering on Barbie and Ken for the win in reflection I am glad they won. They proved to have patience and true team-manship. Miss America was over-the-top with her temper. And the bros constant bickering was beyond brotherly antics. I am amazed at the lack of knowledge – basic geography and cultural (or iconic) literacy – the teams displayed throughout the season. I wonder what is planned next. I did think the Las Vegas stop and ending point was less than stellar ... what happened to "re-visiting" memory of the trip skills? What about have teams really use maps? I am also concerned that the producers are veering too close to "celebrity amazing race" – Zzzzzzzzz – let's stay away from celebrities and beautiful queens and just have real women and men compete.

December 7, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Melora, Longwood, Florida

I didn't care who won, so long as it wasn't the brothers. They were obnoxious, really. My favourites all around were the Globetrotters and I was sorry to see them go. As for Ericka, perhaps a little self control would have taken her and her husband to the prize. However, all things considered, it was fair for Cheyne and Meghan to win at the end; they were consistent –despite Meghan's occasional meltdowns and childish outbursts–. They did work as a team, and never really lost it. This continues to be my all time favourite programme, although I am amazed to see the low level of basic geographical education of the majority of the contestants. One would think that participating in this type of a show, would force them to learn the basics at least.

December 7, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Valerie

I loved Brian, but his wife was a killer for that team. I think the right team won in the end. It was a really exciting finish and a good season this time!

December 7, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lisa

Erika mentioned that her family was not accepting of Brian. After that show they probably love him to death and think she's a nut case.

December 7, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  56. LEW

I was disappointed with the finale in the fact that Cheyne got away with not using his body in the repelling part. He actually was just let down the side of the building by the guys on top and the only time he touched the building was when he hit his head on the side on the way down. Could not believe they were not penalized for this. The other contestants had to use their leg power to get down the building. This gave the Barbie and Ken a great advantage and should not have happened. I personally would have liked to see the Globetrotters win just because they tried so hard and was really out of their element the entire race and fun to watch. All-in-all another great season!

December 7, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sharon D.

As long as the whiny brothers didn't win I was pleased with the outcome. I have never seen two brothers moan and pick at each other like these two did. They acted like whiny little babies. They made me sick.

December 7, 2009 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Kenny

At least the bickering brothers did not win, they were the most annoying couple the show has seen in quite a while. My kids never whine and cry this much. Brian seemed like a really cool guy, Erika was very immature most of the time. But the right team in the final three won. Meagan is awesome and seems like such a good hearted person. Cheyne needs to grow up and realize that if he doesn't watch out, he'll loose the best thing he's got going for him.

Overall this was another great season of the Amazing Race, it is consistantly a very entertaining show. I hope they can continue to do it. It seems like every season it is on the short list of shows to get cancelled and always makes it back. CBS, keep this one in the rotation.

And go HD.

December 7, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Nadee

I thought if any team deserved to win it was Meghan and Cheyne. They ran the race as good as any team I've ever seen. Congrats to them. I had rooted for the Globetrotters as well as Erica and Brian. But Ericka got on my last nerve with her whinning all throughout the race. Last night was the straw that broke the camels back. I don't advocate violence but no one would be made if Brian had of smacked her instead of the other way around. I did like the father and son team but they got eliminated to soon.

Never-the-less, it was a great finale. Meghan and Cheyne rocks!!

December 7, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Amazingracer1979

I though the best team won. I absolutely detested the brothers and am super happy they did not win. Brian and erica fought a good race but erica breaking down anytime they got stuck in a challenge was annoying, plus the amount she screamed (ugh!!). My second favorite team was the globetrotters and was very sad that they gave up on a challenge which required some really simple math.
    I am not trying to be a wiseguy or anything but if you have a 5 letter word and somebody told you the first one, one of the brothers gave them the first letter 'F', you only have 24 (4*3*2*1) distinct possibilities, simple high school math. even if you put 1 minute for every attempt it still comes to only about 20 minutes. I wish they had gone out in a better fashion.

December 7, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Don L

Erika was the most evil person to ever run this race. Intensely disliked her nasty, wicked nature. The Globetrotters were two of the nicest individuals ever to run the race – very sad that they were eliminated, although Meghan and Cheyne were my favourites for most of the race. Meghan was simply amazing, and really nice to look at too! They have a great life ahead of them.

December 7, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jeannie

I too didn't have any real favorites this show...didn't really care who won.
    And what's with Erica's parents having a problem with Brian becuase he's white...isn't that being racist? If the table's were turned, people would be freaking out over that comment.

December 7, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Barb P

I was so hoping that the Globetrotters would win. They had such a good time playing - had no drama, just having fun and boosting one another. I do think that the 4 hour penalty for giving up on a challenge was a little excessive - an hour would have been sufficient. Anyone receiving a 4 hour penalty would have been out of the competition.

I love the show, and can't wait for the next series. I was really stunned when the host said that it had been 21 days that they were racing. That really hit home with me - because that is only 3 weeks. It seems like a much longer event.

December 7, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Tika

Now this could just be because I have a monster crush on Megan but I feel the same way about these two (Megan and Cheyne) as Erika and Brian. Cept in this case its Cheyne thats the diva.

Megan was the backbone of this team and did all the hard challenges. Cheyne would often just stand there waiting for her to take the challenge ... and then would get all proud of himself for doing a challenge with his eyes closed the whole time.

This could be just me but I dont think theyre going to stick together ... Megan is too much woman for Cheyne ... who seems to bat for the other team in my opinion.

December 7, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Bryan

The best team won in what I found, from an entertainment point of view, to be among one of the top overall seasons of AR.

December 7, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  66. viewer

I am so glad that Brian and Erika did not win, Brian honey you are a good man and you deserve a better wife, you could be treated much better. The comments kept coming about her family not being very accepting because of your color perhaps they are racist kind of ironic isn't it? Anyways they should be glad someone is willing to love her she is insane. I would never treat my husband like that, ever. She doesn't know how good she has it. As for the brothers I am also thrilled that they did not win, all that yelling like two school girls....yikes. As for the winners I was rooting for them. They pulled together and they make quite a team. They are soul mates you can tell. They respect eachother and that is part of what helped them get through and persevere above the rest. God bless....and congratulations....I hope they get married they are so good together.

December 7, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Cyndi

After Flight Time and Big Easy were eliminated, I had no choice but to root for Cheyne and Megan. Ericka was a temperamental, whiny witch who confirmed my belief that most so-called "beauty" pageants are comprised of shallow-self-centered women who have no concept of what inner beauty means. The battling brothers lost me when they swiped the cab several episodes back, so I feel the best team won in the end.

December 7, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Grannysmith

I was disappointed in the outcome. I had hoped Brian and his wife would win. Not a fan of "Barbie and Ken" - they left me cold. Either the married couple or the brothers. Really, I had hoped the father and son combination would go all the way. I did like the start of this race. I thought was a good way to send them off. Probably didn't feel too good for the couple left at the starting line, but good entertainment. This is one of favorite shows and the only reality show I watch. Maybe that's because I'm a travel nut.

December 7, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Doug

I still think the show commited an act of discrimination against an all women team when the poker girls were eliminated. Both tasks required upper body strength–even though the bell ringing had nothing to do with dancing...and no other woman rang the bell, or made the lion's share of hits on the golf challenge.

And what Tina said, "Why is everyone crazy about the globetrotters?" There were at least a couple times throughout the show where they caused trouble then blamed it on the other person–tripping the brother on the boardwalk for example, and they could not see that they were the cause.
    Maybe they reviewed footage over the pit stops and saw their errors. But we certainly didn't see any apologies or recognition that they were wrong.

December 7, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  70. CLAUZIE

I'm just happy the brothers did not win.Flight Time and Big Easy were the most gracious. Brian I adored and yes I'm happy Ken And Barbie won. It was deserved.

December 7, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Pam

This is the first season my husband has watched my favorite show....and it was all because of the Globe Trotters. He got a kick out of their easy going attitude. I am so glad that Ericka and Brian did not win....he was great but she was a spoiled brat! If I ran the Miss America Pagent, I'd not want her as a representative of the country! Yea for Meghan and Cheyene for running a great race this season....

December 7, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Kentucky SAHM

I am glad Meghan won. As for Cheyne, I think she needs to dump him. She definitely carried the team throughout the entire race. I did not like at all how Cheyne ran ahead of her at the finish line and didn't hold her hand and finish together. A true sign of his selfishness. Congrats to Meghan though for winning $500K!

December 7, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Calin

Yes, contestant selection is brilliant. There is always someone good, bad, pleasant or despicable but what I really want is for this to be the last season in standard definition. Seriously, Amazing Race, have you tried Costco for whatever many HD cameras you may need? Isn't it a pity to go around the world and not make the most of it visually? Survivor got there, you're next!

December 7, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Moman

If you are looking for someone honest to win, the Globetrotters didn't deserve to win. They said they would do anything to win. Remember when they kept psyching out the woman who wouldn't go down the water slide. Then they pushed those other guys off the wooden boardwalk. Glad they didn't win.

December 7, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Nikki Slagle

I was not surprised that Megan and Cheyne won, as they won the majority of the legs, but was sad when the Globetrotters gave up in Prague. I, too, could NOT stand Sam and David – they were awful to watch and to listen to throughout the entire show and they were liars and backstabbers also. I get the point of the show is to win, but common decency should always prevail. As for Brian and Ericka, I really enjoyed how Brian worked – methodically and with kindness, but the complete and totally abusiveness that Ericka showed throughout was uncalled for. If anything, her parents should be aware that SHE is the problem in the relationship and that HE is not.

December 7, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Kathster

I was trying to root for Erika and Brian because she's a local girl from Orlando, but her behavior made it difficult. She needs to stop yelling at her husband before she turns into Kate Gosselin.

The brothers were so very obnoxious, even down to the end. So I gues that just left me with Team Malibu Barbie. I liked them before yelled at Meghan so horribly during the haymound challenge and wimped out of doing it himself. I felt like punching him.

December 7, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Khalilah

I was rooting for Ericka and Brian, but she is very verbally abusive.. And I can't understand how she expects her family to accept Brian when she herself is so disrespectful to him...

I definitely didn't want the brothers to win, because they did argue too much and was deceitful throughout the show..

December 7, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Tina

Why is everyone so crazy about the Globetrotters? I thought they were obnoxious, particularly to the one couple when she was afraid to go down the water slide. Most of the time they completed their challenges through sheer luck. It's amazing to me that they got as far as they did. I was rooting for Gary and Matt. Megan and Cheyne were sort of dull but definitely the best competitiors – anyway, any guy who has to go through life with his name spelled like that deserves to win something! LOL

December 7, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Just right

It unfolded just as it should. I wasn't happy that Barbie and Ken didn't know anything about Monaco (even how to pronounce it), but they played smart, worked well with each other, and deserved to win. Good for them! I agree with all the comments about Erica, who was increasingly distasteful. I hope HER family saw that he's a good guy, and am wondering if HIS family saw some cause for concern.

December 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Debra R

I was pulling for "team zebra" because of Brian. I was so glad the globetrotters eliminated themselves. They certainly did NOT give a good example of what the globetrotters stand for. Making fun of someones fear, shoving and pushing, lazily following others....discusting
    I was also glad the brothers did not win. They were decietful and nasty.

Way to go Meghan and Cheyne...you earned it!!!! Love the Amazing Race

December 7, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  81. doxiemom

I am so happy for Megan and Cheyne...they deserved to win! The boys behaved badly and I was afraid they might take first place. Erica really needs to get a grip on reality. Imagine if she lost Miss America. She has a wonderful and patient husband....and she treats him like dirt.

Is it only me that noticed Wayne Newton looked like a caricature of himself? One of the racers said "The was the real Wayne Newton right? That made me laugh.

OK guys...ready for Season 16!

December 7, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  82. George B

Hopefully the next season will be shot in HD so I can start watching the series. Imagine all the amazing backdrops from around the world shot in blurry, faded low definition: what a waste. Of all the shows that would benefit from a transition to the now-ubiquitous High Definition standard, I would have thought 'Amazing Race' would have been one of the first to advance, not one of the last.

I watched Season 7 and then walked away thinking "I'll come back when it's shot in HD" I'm still waiting.

December 7, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Lindsey

Knowing Brian and Ericka in real life, I can say that they are actually an awesome team. Ericka is sweet and funny and Brian is just a super great guy that everyone loves. I am not sure how anyone would act in those pressure situations and how it would be edited to look. All of us who know them are super proud of them for being awesome on the show and even moreso for being WONDERFUL people in real life!

December 7, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  84. marilyn

I love AR, but if there'd been another week of those whining, bickering, yelling brothers, I'd have quit watching.

I was rooting for Gary & Matt, but Megan & Cheyne deserved it. They ran one of the best races I've seen.

December 7, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Becky

I am just wondering why they didn't do the memory game as the final task like they always do. That is the best!
    The right team won for sure!

December 7, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  86. charmaine

Totally agree with Chris. Erika was THE most annoying person and was verbally abusive to Brian. i do hope she sees herself on tape and changes her ways and apologize to her husband unless she wants a very short marriage. i am most happy that the brothers did not win. they were the 2 biggest jerks of all. good for Meghan and Cheyne. the amazing race is by far the best show on TV.

December 7, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Rick

This was one of the best seasons ever. This is one of the best shows on TV. I hate to see each of the seasons come to an end. I am waiting with great anticipation for the next season to start.

December 7, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  88. John

What a fantastic season & show!! Sam & Dan & the Globetrotters were eminently entertaining. The episode where the teams had to drag the statue through the streets of a EU city (Prague?), clarified to me who the strongest player was.. It was Meghan! She displayed amazing cool & was the one talking Cheyne through the pain of the task. She also figured out the FRANZ anagram on just the second try, while the others took several.
    I have felt that the females in a team were the ones who would take the team down, but in this case I was WOWED by her. Kudos Meghan!!
    Brian deserves special recognition too as one of the best partners one could have. He & Sam could have won it all too, if they just had a better partner.

December 7, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Lucy

I am glad Ken and Barbie won. At first like someone else already mentioned, I would've like the underdogs (Ericka and Brian) to win but Ericka totally lost her cool. I think if she would not have left the pressure get to her they would've had a better shot. Amazing Race rocks!! I can't wait for next season. I hope they never close the series!

December 7, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Robert

I'm happy about the outcome. In the very beginning, I was cheering for the brothers just because I'm gay. It didn't take long for me to not like them though. If I had to hear one of them say "Shut up" one more time I would have turned the tv off. I hope they watch the show and see just how annoying and childish their behavior was. PS – Not all gay men behave that way!

December 7, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Kim

While I'm glad the brother did not win, hearing 'shut up!' over and over again as the two bickered was probably the funniest thing for my two kids. Meghan and Cheyne was class acts to the very end....Meghan doesn't have a bad bone in her body and for once the good came out on top! Way to go!!

December 7, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Tom in St. Louis

The brothers did not cheat at any point in the race. The cabs are not there for each team personally, unless the team is paying for the time the cab is waiting. Sam and Dan had every right to ask that cab driver to take them. And don't discredit the brothers' game play because Dan didn't help Big Easy with the "FRANZ" thing, while simultaneously giving credit to Meghan and Cheyne for the win despite the fact that they offered to team up with the Globetrotters at one point then left them on the side of the road. It was a thrilling finale, but a disappointing result. It would have been nice if Sam and Brian could have been a team (the nicer halves of their respective teams). That would have been a team to root for!

December 7, 2009 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Judy

I am glad Meagan and Cheyne won. I liked both them and the Globetrotters and pulled for both.

Throughout the race Ericka kept going on about her mom not liking Brian. I hope that mom now sees that this man is a saint for putting up with her, and that her spoilt princess of a daughter doesn't deserve him!

December 7, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Karen

Very good finale and it keep me on the edge of the couch as I was rooting for Meghan and Cheyne. A little disappointing that they did not know their geography regarding Monte Carlo/Monacco. Could not stand the brothers and they have to be the most irritating racers of all time on AR. And Ericka, what can I say? She should be ashamed or herself for the way she treated Brian....she is no beauty queen. Her mama should take a good hard look at her and leave her husband alone. Erica demonstrated everything a roll model should not be. CONGRATS TO CYEYNE AND MEGHAN for a race well ran.

December 7, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Bill Predmore

Put Brian with Meghan as a team and that would have been the best pair winning.

There has to be a rule change to prevent the amount of working together that was done way too much this year.

December 7, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Lewis

I wish a more interesting team had won, but at least the brothers lost. "It's not our fault that we stole your taxi." Whatever.

December 7, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Kristy

I was so happy that the brothers did not win! They were like 2 year olds fighting and yelling at each other all the time. It was torture having to watch them the whole season!!! Erica and her tirades were just as exhausting to watch! How she treated her poor husband was just wrong. I would have told her to shut the f up a long time ago. Her childish behavior was very unbecoming of a former Miss America. I hope she watches herself and apologizes to her husband for acting like a lil brat for not getting her way. I mean come on everytime something became to difficult she started crying and making a huge sceen. Then there was Cheyne and Megan. I really didn't care for them either. He seemed like a wimp to me at times. Always making her make the decisions. He couldn't make a decision to save his life! But in the end, I was rooting for Cheyne and Megan, since my team decided to take a 4 HOUR penalty! They should have known better to have Big Easy do that challenge! He couldn't even tell time! What makes them think he can decipher a puzzle! Oh well there is always the next Amazing Race!!! Rumor has it that Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother will be on! Go Jeff and Jordan!!!

December 7, 2009 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Mikey

WOW – what a show! The best part was that it ended the way it was supposed to. Barbie and Ken worked well together throughout the race – they stayed calm and did what they had to.

The brothers played dirty and acted like squabling 4 year olds throughout the race. I'm amazed they got as far as they did.

I was dissapointed that Miss America lived up to the pampered princess stereo type and even more dissapointed in her husband who tolerated her nonsense. She made a lot of references to her mother who she said was very intolerant of her husband – I'm starting to believe that race wasn't an issue, it's just an attitude that's been passed down from mother to daughter and nothing will ever be good enough for either of them.

If you are reading the Ericka – next time you look in the mirror look deeper then those first 4 layers of make up and check yourself.

December 7, 2009 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Niceguy

I just thrilled to death that the two crying and misguided brothers did not win....thier father must be real proud to have raised such "MEN." WOW!!

December 7, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  100. KG

Las Vegas was a great city to feature. The Globetrotters were my favorites but liked all the remaining three fine. However, thought the brother not sharing with the trotters as promised with the word challenge unsavory, so very glad they did not win. Have watched since the start and this remains a quality program always, with some good laughs here and there watching human nature. Love it. Oh, and think honoring Wayne Newton was very classy of Amazing Race. Yes, he is not the current "thing" but has been wonderful for and to Las Vegas !

December 7, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Marshall

I enjoyed the show and the right team won, IMO. Erika just couldn't keep her cool when the going got tough. She showed that several times over the course of the show. The brothers? No way. I knew that they would mess it up. They bickered way too much as well. Meghan and Cheyne weren't my favorite racers, but, they definitely earned the win. For the most part they stayed cool and focused when things weren't going well and it paid off. My hope was for the globe trotters, but, Big Easy didn't do well with the puzzles. After the problem he had with opening the case on the earlier episode, I was figuring him to have problems with the puzzle last week and sure enough... Oh well.

December 7, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Karen McCausland

I was kind of rooting for the Globetrotters but I was glad for Meghan &
    Cheyne. I was just hoping & praying that the 2 annoying brothers didn't win. They were annoying before they stole the cab & despicable after they did. Reminded me of the season that annoying Rob & Amber drove by a team that had been involved in an accident. Meghan & Cheyne had won so many legs of the race I think they proved themselves. I am already looking forward to the next season.

December 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  103. maggie

I am sooo glad Ken and Barbie won! Ericka's display of immaturity and lack of refinement for her age and certainly to her Miss America title was beyond me! She acts one hell of a screaming loser everytime she feels threatened. Poor Brian! He had to bear being with her!

December 7, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  104. diamond jim

i will miss being able to watch amazing race on sunday nights, but i wont miss the nasty ericka blaming everything on her husband, chris.

December 7, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Cathy

I am so glad the brothers did NOT win. They were dirty players, and such whiners. Of the 3 teams I was for Brian and Ericka, but she does melt down under pressure, and blames Brian.
    I really enjoy watching Amazing Race but this year there was alot of back stabbing,.. like offering to work together with another team,,getting what they want then not giving back. The brothers for instant..
    Can't wait for next season!!!!

December 7, 2009 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Kelly

I am glad that Cheyne and Megan won. I too liked the father son team of Matt and Gary the best. I couldn't believe the Globetrotters just gave up on that challenge last week. I am sure he would have eventually figured out the correct word in less than the 4 hour penalty they took. Erica talked terrible to Brian. I did see her hit him him too! Made me like her less and feel sorry for Brian.

I was disappointed that the challenge that is often in the finale where they have to match up legs of the race with challenges was not included in this finale – that is always a great challenge to watch.

Overall another great season of the Amazing Race – consisantly my favorite show to watch!

December 7, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lisa

I like Brian, but Ericka was like a spoiled child having a tantrum all throughout this race. She needs to grow up. She didn't have a 'positive' affect on what people think a miss america can do, quite the opposite. But Brian was an amazing husband to put up with her.

Glad the deceitful brothers didn't win. Although I was rooting for the Trotters, Cheyne and Megan deserved it in the end – good sports all around.

December 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Lori

@ Chris – thank you for commenting on Ericka's horrible behavior! She has been a MONSTER on the entire show. I can't believe folks actually think she and Brian are a good couple and "so supportive" of each other (from other articles). She screeches at him constantly and he just takes it. I don't call that supportive, I call it being a door mat. They have been painful to watch. I liked the Globetrotters, too! They pulled a couple of fast ones, but hey – it's a game! I thought they were hilarious and I wish they had made it to the finale.

December 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Rae

I, too, was waiting for the memory challenge. I think that is the best way to sort out the losers and to recap all that happened! Hopefully next time. This is one of my favorite shows. I am glad the brothers didn't win. Too obnoxious!

December 7, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Drew

I thought it interesting that Erica says her parents don't accept Brian, but Brian was nothing but patient and supportive to Erica every time she was messing up (remember the bell-counting in the Netherlands?) . Yet every time the roles were reversed, Erica was a total witch to her husband. He's kinder to her than she deserves. She should be more appreciative.

I'm glad the brothers didn't win; sneaky cheaters. Kind of nice that those cab-stealers had cab problems at the end. What goes around, comes around, eh boys?

December 7, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Lisa

I had also hoped that the Trotters or Gary and Matt would win but.......of the final 3 Ken and Barbie deserved to win. They were a snooze personality wise but were 2 of the best racers the show has seen. So glad Team Ericka didn't win. She kept saying that she wanted her Mama to accept Brian but she might have a problem getting Mama's acceptance herself after the immature self centered way she acted thru out the race. Please no more beauty pageant racers, it's too hard on the hair.

December 7, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  112. tnsmom

I really liked the Father/Son team (Gary & Matt) but when they lost their leg I had to root for Meghan & Cheyne. I liked the way they worked together (most of the time). I would have hated to see the "bickering brothers" or Erica & Brian win. Both teams were on my very last nerve.

December 7, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Ab

Ditto on the Christ comment. Though for a while I did have the hope that the underdog couple would win which would have been really a shocker and a more interesting ending. Still Meghan and Cheyne deserved the win simply because they proved how dominant they were.

December 7, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  114. FAITHFUL1953

I wish Erica & her husband would have won. It's easy for use to judge her but I think she just let the pressure get the best of her. The brothers were just plain annoying. Kudos to Barbie & Ken better them than the brothers.

December 7, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Kathy

The right team won!!

December 7, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Jack Kana

I stopped watching as soon as the Globe Trotters got eliminated

December 7, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Chayil

I am sooo glad that Erika and Brian didn't win. Her behavior and treatment of her husband throughout the show was quite disgusting. I knew Meghan and Cheyne would get it....they worked too hard to mess up that last leg so Congrats to them. Sam and Dan.......close, but no cigar!!! Sorry guys.

December 7, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Anne Young

I have to agree with Chris, that was conduct unbecoming to a Miss America. She certainly tarnished her tiara.

December 7, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Chris

It was a good finale, even if it didn't feature the Globetrotters...

I always love how the race demonstrates honest characteristics of a person's personality. Flight Time and Big Easy stayed cool and appreciative of each other's efforts until the end. The brothers did nothing but scream at each other.

And, did anyone happen to notice how Ericka was often verbally abusive to her husband? Worse, as they were switching places on the bungee, she actually slapped him! Though I very much would have liked to see Brian win the prize, I thought Ericka got her just rewards.

December 7, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Lboogs

I am just pleased as punch that the Brothers did not win. I was rooting for the under dogs Erica and Brian but Erica began to annoy me to pieces. She melts down at the first showing of any kind of adversity. The brothers were irritating, whiny and deceitful. I had to go with Barbie and Ken who knew how to work in a team. Counting chips: Meghan sorted the chips and Cheyne assembled and counted whereas the other two groups were doing both jobs and just became confused in the end.

December 7, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |