December 1st, 2009

Nicole Richie gets her own sitcom on ABC

testing captions
testing captions

Reality stars are like a fungus. Just when you think they’ve all but disappeared they come back stronger than before.

She’s been off the television radar since she ended her run on the buddy reality show “The Simple Life” with her former best friend Paris Hilton, but now celebuspawn Nicole Richie is developing a sitcom for ABC that she intends to star in and produce.

Variety reports that the show will use a single camera, like sitcoms “30 Rock” and “The Office”, and that the concept , which is loosely based on her own life, was Richie’s idea.

“The story revolves around a young, modern and professional woman who must balance her business and family relationships,” Richie writes on her Web site. “She must deal with, and navigate the many ideas of what a woman’s role is: modern vs. traditional.”

The mother of two children with boyfriend, singer Joel Madden, has managed to parlay her reality television and tabloid scandal notoriety into a nice little career for herself. In addition to the ABC project, Richie, 28, is at work on her second novel  as well as a line of clothing and shoes.

Next entry »
  1. chaka doll

I loooooveeeee nicole richie!!!!!!!

she's soooo superb! fab!

December 8, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bev

It's a sitcom, not a reality show.

December 4, 2009 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sandy Akridge

Good Luck Nicole .

December 3, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. clynnwo

mx: only if those variables hold true!

December 3, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mx

It's good to know that anybody without any talent, being adopted by the right man, having the right best friends and going through rehab can land a sitcom...There is hope for us all...

December 3, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rs1981

I'll watch, just to see if it's any good. I like that Nicole has come a long way, and is actually improving with age. Also helps since she hooked up with Joel. Joel and the kids have been the absolute best thing that has ever happened to her. And I agree, that she should not invite Paris to be on. Paris is like a barnacle on Nicole's life, and Nicole should just scrape her off. I'm still trying to figure out how Paris manages to get movie roles and such. Her acting is horrible, she's talentless, and I'm sorry to me she's an ugly person inside and out....Nicole good luck !

December 3, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Donnamay

I'd give her show a chance.... putting her down just because she's famous and leads a privileged life is as bad as vice versa. At least she's working and doing something!

December 3, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. michelle

This is not going to be a reality show, it's a sitcom. She was actually kind of funny on the horrible reality show with Paris so maybe she will translate into a sitcom

December 2, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris

I will not be watching the show. I do not like reality shows, much less Nicole Richie, who cares about what she does, she isn't a film star??

December 2, 2009 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Melissa

I like Nicole Richie too. She does have more talent than Paris that's for sure. And regardless of why she's famous, she's using what she's got.

December 2, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Margaret

I like Nicole Richie and I would give her show a chance, please just don't add Paris Hilton, she's the one I wouldn't want to watch!

December 2, 2009 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. char

from what i understand, she has some sort of clothing line... ( maternity? i could be wrong)
    i dont think i will be tuning in either, given all the ruckus about these real-ity shows...

December 1, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ChiWatcher

Another show NOT to watch.

December 1, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Debra R

doing what? She has no talent. she is only famous because she is Lionel ritchies kid.....

December 1, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |