November 25th, 2009

KISS concert goes live through Facebook

KISS still packs stadiums after more  than 35 years, but the legendary rock band will use Facebook to let even more fans experience Wednesday night's concert in Los Angeles.

"At the very least, it's a way to get a taste of the experience and  either it will undoubtedly entice you to want to come to a show, or it will you  relive what you saw when we hit your town," KISS frontman Paul Stanley said.  Their first-ever live Web concert begins streaming at 8:30 p.m. PT (11:30 p.m. ET) - as they take the Staples Center stage.

KISS shows are known for explosions, fire breathing, blood spitting,  smoking guitars and a huge wall of ear-splitting amps. The group pushed the  envelopment of technology and pyrotechnics in their 1970s road show with stage  antics and designs that are still imitated by artists today, Stanley said.  "The truth is, when it comes to what has become the expected
rock-and-roll presentation, it's all lifted out of KISS," he said.  They plan to "blow the place up" in the Los Angeles show, he said.

"We're gonna blind, deafen and pummel our audience and leave them smiling."   Stanley said if someone had told him in the early days that fans around  the world would watch a KISS show on a computer screen "I would have probably  said, 'What are you ingesting and where do I buy it.'"  Fans can chat online about the show through Facebook, but the video stream cannot be stored on their hard drives, he said. "It allows people to be a part of the event without getting to keep it," he said. The Web concert can be seen through a Ustream link at Facebook.com/KISS.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Music

1. JohnnyWhore

Great job on the concert KISS! It looked and sounded awesome! Hopefully some of the haters tuned in and saw that they are still the greatest live act in the world.

November 28, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dave1960

KISS is a cartoon .....not serious music!

November 27, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jon

I saw Kiss as a kid in 77 and 78. It was awesome to see as a kid. As an adult, no thanks. I'll just put Spinal Tap on my Blueray.

November 27, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jon Southerland

KISS rocked Fresno on Nov 21st, great show! It was my 4th time seeing the band in concert. I did not know about the Staples Center concert being live on Facebook, I would have loved to watch the show again. Can't wait to see another KISS show! Rock on forever KISS!

November 27, 2009 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Wendy1134

That's awesome Rock on!

November 26, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 3600

ugh ... I cannot stand Gene Simmons .... please retire NOW

November 26, 2009 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Nathan

My dad, a member of the KISS Army, took me to see them when I was 14 and again at 16. All I can say is WOW. The BEST show i've ever been to and some of the best memories I'll ever have.

Keep on rockin!

November 26, 2009 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fred- Brandon MB

I saw KISS in 1973 at the Centennial Concert Hall in Winnipeg, before they had released their 1st album. They were the warmup act for Mannfred Mann's Earth Band.

My ears are still ringing!!!

Very entertaining with the pyro, breathing fire, levitating drum kit.

November 25, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sharon Shales

My 5-year-old son LOVES these guys..saw them in Seattle on Nov. 15th for his first concert ever. He wanted to invite Gene to his house...now he will be there via the WWW. Thanks for all the awesome times! Looking forward to seeing your 36th anniversary tour! Rock on!!

November 25, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lana

I saw this Concert in Calgary, Canada where I live. Absolutely Amazing! I saw them in 1979 and they were just as good! My son, 22, came with me and although he was reluctant, Loved it! So much energy, so entertaining and they just keep going and going and going! Unbelievable!

November 25, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sally Larsen

Saw Kiss last night at Anaheim. They ROCKED! Tonight's show will be awesome!

November 25, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joel T.

I saw KISS back in Nashville on October 28th and that show ROCKED!!!

Ya know, for Gene $immon$ to be 60 yrs old and Paul Stanley to be in his late 50's – these guys can still put on one AWESOME show.

This rendition of KISS is the tightest sounding version in many years.
    Since the Revenge CD anyways.

I will be sitting at home watching the show and not having to worry about some drunk spilling his beer all over me and my buddy who went with me.

November 25, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kris Johnson

My tongue is longer and el-natural!!

November 25, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Yolanda

WOW!!! Thats great Rock on Kiss!!!!!

November 25, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |