November 11th, 2009

Fergie talks cheating

testing captions
testing captions

Prior to tabloid reports that her husband  Josh Duhamel had an affair with an Atlanta stripper, Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie told the Advocate magazine that she has some strict rules about cheating in her marriage.

That interview now appears in the December-January issue of the Advocate. Fergie told the magazine that her rules for cheating also apply for same-sex relationships.

“I've had a lot of fun with women, and I'm not ashamed of it," she told the magazine. "But just because I enjoy women doesn't mean I'm allowed to have affairs in my relationship."

Fergie said she came to this conclusion with the help of a therapist and that she has shared her history of same sex relationships with her husband Josh. “"I learned through talking with my therapist that it is still cheating even if it's with girls, so there is a rule there."

The interview has been released amid rumors that Duhamel had an affair with an Atlanta stripper named Nicole Forrester. Fergie has released a statement calling the stripper’s allegations “nonsense."

Fergie, whose real name is Stacy Ferguson, is appearing in the soon to be released movie musical “Nine” as Saraghina, an Italian prostitute who seduces a young filmmaker. She also told the magazine that she could relate to her character flirting with and seducing a younger man.

“There will be teenage boys at my shows, so sometimes I’m seducing them from the stage. It’s not like anything’s going to happen - it’s very playful and flirtatious - but it’s funny because I’m 34 and they’re 14. So I get that about Saraghina.”

Filed under: Black Eyed Peas • Music

1. FredErick

Fergie is only a pop vocalist and not a Doctor of philosophy or psychology. Unfortunately, she has mistakenly taken upon herself to voice out to the public her opinions on sexuality and fidelity. Her comments demonstrate the same grasp in knowledge on that subject as Bush did when it came to the middle east.

November 13, 2009 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. MICHELLE

OKAY, SO NOW THAT ITS OUT THAT HE'S CHEATING.....Hey Josh, Im no stripper but we could have a little fun.

November 13, 2009 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tammie

Those of you who say that Fergie is ugly, unattractive, a "butterface", etc. & that You didn't blame Josh for cheating, you should be ashamed. How shallow. He married her, he obviously loves her & finds her attractive. Besides, there is absolutely NO excuse for anyarried person male or female, to cheat. You want to sleep around, get a divorce first! Jeez, if you think Fergie is ugly... Anyway LOL, I'd be curious to see some of these guys, I bet they aren't exactly 10's themselves!!

November 13, 2009 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jon

So, it's appropriate for one of the largest and most respected news agencies to allow languange like this on your web forums? According to the box to my right, all comments may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. So this implies that somewhere a man or woman working for you decided that all of this language presented in this blog is appropriate?

My kid reads this stuff. Use your head CNN. Hope someone loses their job as a "comment screener" over this.

November 13, 2009 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. Chris

Fergie is a bit of a "butterface" (when everything looks good, but-her-face). I can see why he strayed.

November 12, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Barbara

Who really cares about Fergie and her husband. What a cry for attention.........good morals are gone.....what a shame.

November 12, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mishynoodle

i am with Mark from NYC.... she soes have that "stank" about her.... dirty girl....

November 12, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. little hope for the future of man

lie detector test or not, its based on your hearts pulse. nothing is out there that can tell if your lying or not. people shouldnt base these things off of lie detectors.

November 12, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. K. Brown

For all we know they could have an "understanding" in their relationship. Not like celeb couples would want that kind of thing to get out. Besides, its not even about the fact that he was looking for something "better" people sometimes cheat just to have something different. Men (AND WOMEN) like variety.

November 12, 2009 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. beagles4u

having been cheated on in marriage (it's now over/thankfully), I concluded, if they'll cheat on Halle Berry, they'll cheat on anyone!

It's sad to say, but it appears as though 'cheating on a spouse' has almost become the rule, as opposed to the exception!

November 12, 2009 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. ML

Wow. Fergie looks soo sexy and hot. Her husband is stupid to after another WOMAN.

November 12, 2009 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. richy

its a pity to see what sex is causing in our sociaty today.

November 12, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. DJ

pretty sure Fergie can sing...heard her at a Cardinals game and she was amazing

November 12, 2009 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. william j

you go josh , fergie is doin other women , so why can't you. But really fergie is hot, so next time don't get caught

November 12, 2009 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. Wisconsin

In no way do I support or defend stars like Michael Vick or Brittany Spears whose despicable actions affect those who idolize them-
    BUT
    For those of you who've gotten riled up about Fergie's statment about flirting with teenage boys while on stage.. um.. Hello? Guess you're not fans of movies like "The Graduate"-yet it's considered a classic. She was comparing a role of a character she played in a movie to the character she plays while on stage- is that really such a stretch? Most stars have the teenage crowd drooling and work with it because that's part of what's making them famous, and what is expected of them. Think of Tom Jones, David Cassidy, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe.. ect.. these people are only playing the part that the public expects them to. If that thought truly bothers you good luck trying to shield you children from it.. they'll be going to Sesame Street on Ice until they're 18.

November 12, 2009 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. Annie

It took a therapist to tell her that being with other women is cheating? Duh? Yeah, ok. Pretty stupid to not know that already. She seduces minor boys from the stage? She's got serious issues. If a male singer said he seduces minor girls from the stage, his career would be OVER. Yeah, hope she keeps going to her therapist.

November 12, 2009 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  17. sick

How is it ok for a 34 flirting with a teenageer in a video????
    It sends the wrong message..... I will make sure my kids
    DO NOT SEE OR BUY THIS VIDEO

November 11, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sabrina

They are both hot and famous, they probably have both cheated!

November 11, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. brian

If Fergie was a man this statment would be the end of her career. Such a double standard.

November 11, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. kc

there were witnesses at the strip club tattle tales who saw him. he is an idiot. it's his game to go for really unattractive women so fergie won't suspect the rumors are true. he's a douche bag.

November 11, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mel

i think their personal business is just that...their personal business..who cares what we think...its between them and not for us to debate. i'm not really sure why we make public figures sex lives public fodder. what happened to the golden rule...do unto others has you would have them do unto you...would you want ppl talking about your personal business?? its like if a marriage has probs its the media's business to pick through..and always the bad. i'd much rather read about marriages that work..but yet we don't hear about those stories...just the opposite!

November 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Treena

Fergie is a true demonstration of a woman in a real world. I love that she is open about drugs, women, men and life. I think the stripper is lying, I mean really Josh wouldn't cheat on Fergie. If he did he is a fool and doesn't deserve a real woman.

Fergie is beautiful, sexy and strong...LOVE IT!

November 11, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dennis

cheating really hurts, I know first hand unfortunately, my ex-wife cheated on me this summer with her married co-worker, now I'm a single dad raising three little boys the best I can. I feel bad for Fergie, she is a beautiful women and I really enjoy her singing. I wish adultery was criminal in this country b/c its one of the most hurtful & wrong things you can do to someone else.

November 11, 2009 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Steve

Wow she messed with women before? I'm kind of surprised. She is pretty but come on people I'm sure that stripper looked better

November 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. shel

i have said it before and it applies here... for every gorgeous/popular woman out there.. there is a man tired of being with her... it goes both ways as well.... sad in relationships.. ppl dont know what they have until they dont have it...

November 11, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. M.R. in L.A.

daniel, Josh is rumored to have cheated with a female stripper who looks like a man.

November 11, 2009 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  27. PARCLLA

I really like Fergie....@this time it comes down to who is telling the truth. If Josh did in fact have the affair then it would be up to Fergie to forgive and not forget. Who knows what the circumstances were for him to have to cheat on Fergie.....and she looks like a dog! What was he thinking! Some women just don't respect what is already taken and this is not fair to a union that will probably break up due to disrespect. I wish Fergie all the luck and to think with her heart and not with her emotion.

November 11, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LBW

She is bisexual and he cheated with a stripper. Is this a great country or what?

November 11, 2009 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Merry Christmas

Hey Amber you have issues, I am not a lesbian and have been married for 15 years to a loyal, dedicated, sexy, loving man...he is clean, romantic, attentive, sweet, amazing, appreciative, monogomous, I could go on....my point here is you stated that all men are dogs and pigs and cannot keep it in thier pants and are weak willed. I personally know lesbians who sleep with several women a week ... it is not gender specific, it is slimebag specific and quite unfair for you to say that ....it would be like anyone else saying all lesbians are flannel wearing, short haired, weight lifting, flat chested, tatooed, bull dikes, not fair right? unless you are ...

November 11, 2009 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Morgan

ummmm M Torres I think Debra is refering to the stripper not Fergie

November 11, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. baykona

The fact that he chose and married a woman with such a troubled and wild past, shows that this is the type of woman he is attracted to. No one, including Fergie, should be suprised that he cheated with a stripper.

November 11, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Watts, California

All these comments are entertaining; better than the article itself!

November 11, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. whereshansel

I liked Fergie when she first came on the scene with Black Eyed Peas but the Fergilicious thing was over the top and obscene. While I am saddened about the alleged affair it surprises me that she's married in the first place...hopefully she won't have any kids...

November 11, 2009 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. L

What? Fergie can't sing? That's new to me. I think she's one of the most versatile female singers around. She's not Mariah but she's not Britney either!

November 11, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Joel

You're seducing guys from the audience – you're 34 and they're 14? Yeah, that's _hilarious._

November 11, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  36. M Torres

Debra.... "15 minutes of fame"? Seriously?... Fergie is far from 15 minutes of fame.. u gotta give her some credit...

November 11, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Greg

It still shocks me that stories this insignificant can be counted as news. There's nearly 7 billion people on earth, and we're talking about Fergie's husband cheating...

November 11, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. /\/\ /\ /\/ /\ /\/\ /\ /\/

interesting double standard:

“There will be teenage boys at my shows, so sometimes I’m seducing them from the stage. It’s not like anything’s going to happen – it’s very playful and flirtatious – but it’s funny because I’m 34 and they’re 14. So I get that about Saraghina.”

stated by ANYONE but an attractive, sex-symbol, female, this statement would be used as an accusation of pedophilia.

November 11, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Amber

Why is it okay when a man cheats, but not a woman? You all would be crucifying her if this was the other way around. But with him, you're like: Oh well, she's not satisfying him. B.S.!! Has it dawned on you that men are uncontrollable pigs that can't keep it in their pants if their life depended on it. They're heathens, savages, like dogs that can't stay away from red meat. It's ridiculous! Men are so weak willed that they can't control themselves. Thank GOD I'm a lesbian...that's all I've got to say. The relationships are great, bedroom is AMAZING, honesty, monogamy, cleanliness, appreciation, romance.

Poor Fergie. Kick that deadbeat to the curb IF he was cheating.

November 11, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mike in NYC

She's definitely got that "stink" about her. And she can't sing.

November 11, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Kensington Gardens

I find it really hard to believe that no one is upset that she thinks it's cool to be seducing teenage boys while on stage....not to mention that she was once a bi-sexual....he's cheating.....no wonder the world is screwed up....anything goes!

November 11, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  42. you

I'm with Mark...she's dudely.

November 11, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Debra

This slut has had her 15 minutes of fame. I think she is a liar, and she needs to take her old ass somewhere and get help. Maybe the next man she claims to sleep with might put a bag over her head.

November 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Myles

Infidelity isn't about sex, it's about betraying trust.

Yet of course we focus on the sex and giggle.

November 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Felicia

Disturbing...if a male would have said the same thing, he would have been raked over the coals. *SMH

November 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Tinene

I was never a big fan of Fergie but the Bi thing has changed openened my mind:)

November 11, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CherylS

Why isn't anyone concerned that as soon as the stripper found out who he was (whether it was after they had sex or after he left the club) she sold her "story" to the tabloids for $20,000. She's whore no matter how you look at it.

November 11, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jason

She needed a therapist to tell her that sleeping with someone else was cheating? I guess you don't have to be intelligent to be a pop star.

November 11, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Courtney

I listened to the stripper's interview on the Bert Show (Atlanta radio) last week, and I was definitely not buying her story. So this woman claims to 1) have had an affair with a married man and 2) has gotten paid to talk about it. I don't care if she's claiming to have hooked up with a damn cactus plant. Her credibility is still zero.

November 11, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Ron G.

@Saktos: are you sure you're not Sasha Cohen?

November 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Camila

Who cares about that. Relationships in the end is based on personal truth and trust.

It's sad that we focus on others more than ourselves. we will never know what really happens. We should be concerned with the fact that 13 soilders are dead because of a mindless act.
    Peolple, Fergie doesn't care what we think, so don't put your energy in to it..

Peace

November 11, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mark

Well Fergie does look like a dude anyway so I'm not surprised if he did do it.

November 11, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  53. daniel

so wait a minute, Josh cheated with a man or a woman? I am cornfused! :)

November 11, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ron G.

If he did then thats too bad. The stripper is a mutt! Not worth risking your marriage to a sexy lil thing like Fergie. I like Fergies honesty as well. Her past with drugs and her openness about women. Not saying that these are the standards that I use as a prerequisite, but its refreshing to see such honesty in today's lying a$$ society.

November 11, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Saktos

may be she not giving him the attension he needed,fergie should try to correct her err

November 11, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  56. janet

stripper took a lie detector test. I believe he did cheat. It wil all come out in the end.

November 11, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Cory

haha wow he had to go after a stripper to have it better than fergie!! ouch

November 11, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |