November 6th, 2009

Amy Poehler, Megan Mullally face off on 'Parks and Rec'

Oh, “Parks and Recreation,” how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. Amy Poehler’s Leslie Knope may have met her match with Megan Mullally’s Tammy. The library director may be an even bigger nemesis for Leslie than Halloween prankster Greg Pikitis last week. Tammy wanted to build a library over Leslie’s beloved pit, instead of a park as originally planned, and Leslie - who had had run-ins with the library department before (comparing them to a biker gang: “Instead of shotguns and crystal meth, they use political savvy… and shushing”) - was ready to declare war. Poehler’s development of her character this season has been great to watch, and Mullally’s portrayal of Tammy, who would go to any lengths to build a library purely out of spite, was Emmy-worthy. Here’s hoping we see more of Tammy.

2. Leslie’s boss Ron (Nick Offerman, Mullally's real-life husband), who was completely helpless to resist ex-wife Tammy’s charms as part of her diabolical library plans. At the same time though, when he was not with her, he had no problem coming up with ways to describe how much he hated her: “Tammy and I don’t work. We are oil and water. Or oil and TNT and C4 and a detonator and a butane torch.”

3. Aziz Ansari as Tom, who is always good for a one-liner. His advice to Mark on dealing with Ann’s ex-boyfriend trying to get her back was to take the high road: “I have never taken the high road. But I tell other people to, because then there’s more room for me on the low road.”

4. And then there was the aforementioned Andy, attempting to get closer to his ex, Ann, by taking a job as a shoe-shiner at city hall. His shoe-shine station quickly became a creepy shrine to her.

Are you loving “Parks and Recreation” this season as well? Do you hope to see more of Megan Mullally in the future? Share your thoughts on video or in the comments below.

Filed under: television

1. jordan tennis shoes for girls

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is great, let alone the content!

January 5, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. Necklace Holder

the reception desk should be designed as good looking as possible,*"

October 20, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bradley Thomson

the reception desk of an office is the most important part of an office in my opinion";"

October 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cheryl Flores

I love this show and am a huge fan of Amy Poehler. She is so multifaceted and an incredible talent. I love the character she has developed and can see her doing it as another SNL bit. The cast that supports her is amazing as there is so much chemistry between them.

November 10, 2009 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Perry

I'm amazed how many dimwits on this post like Parks & Recreation. Along with Community, P&R absolutely sucks. I haven't watched the last few episodes, but I've tried to watch it enough times to realize that this program is so contrived and not funny at all. "Lame" or "unadulterated crap" would be a better description for P&R. The only reason I even bothered to watch was because of Amy Poehler. Community was a big disappointment as well. I thought with Chevy Chase and Joel McHale, this show would be a sure winner. Was I wrong. The declining ratings even reflect how bad these shows really are.

The only good new sitcoms this season are Modern Family and Cougar Town. Unfortunately for NBC, those programs are on ABC. Lastly, The Jay Leno Show and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon are also awful. SNL has gone down the tubes as well, although the last show (with Taylor Swift as host) wasn't as bad as the previous shows.

Summation: NBC = Nothing But Crap.

November 9, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ted

I liked this show from the beginning.Last year they were just getting their feet wet but this year everything seems to be gelling.Great cast,quirky but believable characters and interesting plot turns keep me tuning in every week.

I like seeing Amy P. get a chance to expand her range after seeing her on SNL.She can do deadpan as well as show some of her SNL side.And I don't see how anyone can still see her characer as a Michael Scott look alike or whatever.Its become totally original.

The numbers aren't great for this show but they're up from the beginning of the year and lets face it NBC is struggling in general but hopefully they're not going to do something drastic and try to revamp everything and give up on high quality shows like Parks and The Office.

November 7, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Soul Bro Ryu

I love it when folks use that generic criticism of "this-ripped-off-that" & "that-ripped-off-this". It's amazing that none of these folks have realized most stories, whether they are novels, movies, or (gasp) even television shows, are derivative.

Inspiration comes from everywhere, and if the show has a similar feel of the Office, is that so bad. The Office itself is based off the original UK version and that first season of the American version lacks so much compared to the original. However, when season two rolled around, the show vastly improved and has been entertaining ever since. And for those that don't know, not even the original Office was inspired by Curb Your Enthusiasm – which Ricky Gervais had openly admitted.

Once great show inspires another, and even though some of them aren't to everyone's liking, these shows find their audience, who's affinity also grows as the series develops. Much like The Office US, season one of Parks was incredibly short (6 eps), and appeared to be a pale comparison to the former. Now that the introductions are over, this season is really making itself at home and settling into a hilarious show. Sound like the "I've watched it for 5 minutes" & "Office-ripoff" haters wrote the show off from jump and keep harping that it's horrible television, when it's clear that majority of them are biased.

BTW, for those Chuck fans wanting to hate on this show, you can't be serious, right? These shows have nothing to do with each other, save for the time slot on the same network. If you want to do right by Chuck, take your hate for this show, and redistribute that negative energy it into positive by getting everyone you know to make sure they tune into Chuck when it comes back next year. The show barely made it back for another season and it's entertaining enough to be worthy of viewership. It's fate is in our hands.

Keep on keeping on Parks & Recreation. You make my Thursday Night.

November 6, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dave in Indy

What a difference a year makes. Night and day, the difference between last season and this one. The writers (if not a new crew), clearly took the season to regroup, retool, and have delivered a set of episodes to-date so good as to rival "The Simpsons", and are beginning to be spoken with the same reverence as the early episodes of MASH and all but the last half-dozen or so of The Andy Griffith Show.

Each episode sails quickly by – crammed with laughs that come from dialogue and situations that seem not at all strained or contrived. A spectacular job of slightly exaggerating the every day phenomena of our lives. It's sweetly biting without being sugar-coated. I can't remember a show that holds up to repeated DVR viewings save but a few episodes of 30 Rock and one or two Flight of the Conchords.

November 6, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Richard DeCredico

Derivative and unfunny.

November 6, 2009 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jc

This show started out bad and is not getting better. Maybe it's slightly less bad this season? No, not really.

November 6, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dan

Parks and Rec has gotten so much better this season. I have watched Amy Poehler's character go from a Michael Scott imitation to becoming much more original. Thursday night on NBC is by far the best night for comedy, although Wednesday night ABC is pretty good too.

November 6, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rick from chicago

I don't get why people love this show so much .. much like I don't get the never-ending love fest with Conan O'brien.

This show just ISN'T that funny... at all. It has all the uncomfortableness of the Office WITHOUT any of the humor.

And to top it off, Poehler's character is a blatantly transparent rip off of the Michael Scott character from the Office too.

I never thought I'd say it .. but BRING BACK KATH & KIM!

November 6, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sandy c.

I am so happy to have discovered this Thursday night laugh lineup. Several weeks ago, I left Grey's Anatomy with its gore and silly, unreal relationships and never looked back. The how-to-do-it crime shows have gotten unbelievably violent and gave me nightmares the last time I saw one. Even seeing the lead-in scenes by accident is horrifying. With these comedies, you can relax and enjoy the characters. Megan Mullally's slick character was perfectly done. There are always some great lines. Sure, they are not perfect, but they are better than the alternative, though not as good as turning off the TV and reading a good book from the library.

November 6, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. joanne

I Love this show, and right before Office...then 30 Rock...~ Thursday evening I enjoy watching tV! Then re-runs of King of Queens and Frasier. Also, I like the new show, Modern Family. Other than that, I watch the News, and then enjoy the satire of Cobert! Also, Jon Stewart....loved the other night his Glenn Beck impersonation...very clever!!

November 6, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. molly

I love this show more than 'The Office' now! It's getting better and better. The ensemble as a whole is just really solid. What I'm frustrated about on 'The Office' is that the supporting cast gets no story line whatsoever. I'm going to keep watching 'Parks!'

November 6, 2009 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. techra

Honestly I can't believe that so many people actually like this show. I've tried to get into it multiple times and just can't, it's just plain stupid. I can't believe that NBC got rid of a smart/funny show like "My Name is Earl" and kept this one and added an even worse one "Community". Chevy Chase hasn't been funny since the late 80's.

November 6, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Terry

This show is so boring that it is unbelievable how it is still on TV.
    Hollywood has forgotten how to be funny after reality TV took control.
    I tried to like it, but I can't watch it.

November 6, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pam

Parks and Rec gets better every week. Great cast of quirky characters. Community I could take it or leave it. And to Adam... Lipstick Jungle? You've got to be kidding me!

November 6, 2009 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. CK

P&R is fantastic this season! They took the summer hiatus and reworked some of the characters to brilliant results. Even the deleted scenes (on NBC.com) were clearly cut for time and not due to lack of comedy.
    Beyond the mockumentary format, this show has little in common with The Office. Modern Family, another brilliant comedy, uses the mocumentary format too.

Look for P&R and Modern Family Best Comedy Emmy nominations.

November 6, 2009 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Invisible

It's like the Office with no jokes. None of the cast are inherently funny, and what little awkward humor there is, is fairly mundane well worn material. Have you noticed that every character has an analog on the Office? Watch a show like Arrested Development and you'll see what writing is about. Hell, watch the Office and you'll see what writing is about. P&R is just more safe suburban reconstitution for the Everybody Loves Raymond set. TV can do better, and it does...right around nine o'clock. How did this show make it and Southland got cancelled?

November 6, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tim Jones!!!

Ron Swanson is my favorite TV character this season. Tom Hathaford is also the man. Louis CK in the house n all that! Love it.

November 6, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. David

The show was great with Amy but now that she is combining her talents with Megan, the show was far exceeded anyone's comedic expectation!! Stellar!

November 6, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nick

I'm sorry Jason but how can you like How I Met Your Mother and the Big Bang Theory better than this? I like How I Met Your Mother but both shows are nothing in comparison to comedy gold like 30 Rock, The Office and Parks and Rec. HIMYM and TBBT are too cliché and I get sick of laugh tracks fast.

November 6, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Diane W

This season has been hilarious! I was on the fence when it first came out, but it's gotten much, much better. Same thing for "Community" – hope people are loving that one too!

November 6, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Andy

I really don't get NBC.

As far as I'm concerned, the Office, Community and P&R are all horrible shows. 30Rock is not bad, but it's a far cry from their 'glory days' where they had great Thursday night shows like Friends, Seinfeld, and countless others going all the way back to the 80s with the Cosby Show.

And of course there's the whole 'reatily television' thing where any idea, no matter how dopey, becomes a show, because it's cheaper than paying for scripted shows.

And Leno, well his show is much better than some of the stuff they've put on, although some really good comedies or dramas would be so much more welcome.

November 6, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mo

definitely love this show! as someone else mentioned, it's much funnier than community. and along those same lines....so was molly shannon's show kath & kim! bring that one back!!

November 6, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Mike

Best comedy on television. This episode was gut wrenchingly funny. Favorite line: "It's like taking peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours."

November 6, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Amy

I have seen this show a few times and thinks it is great...not sure if it is because I work in the world of parks and recreation and find great humor in the things they encounter. Our latest joke in our department is, they should come here and just set up cameras...it would be just as funny.

Great show, and love the fact it is showing the great, crazy world of parks and recreation!!!

November 6, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Don't do this to me... Bobby!

Horrible show

November 6, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  30. John

P and R is a terrific show...it's a great lead in to The Office. Great characters..the guy who plays Tom is very funny.

November 6, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Penny

I did not see this particular episode because I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this show. The only saving grace is the character of Tom who makes no excuses about being a jerk. Based on these comments I might give the show another chance.

In general, I thought Amy Poehler was much better doing the news on SNL. I'm not sure she can carry a sitcom like Tina Fey can.

November 6, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sandi

Love Amy P. and P & R. Much better than 30 Rock, which just doesn't appeal to me. Not a Tracy Morgan fan. Also, Community is really fun, love Joel McHale. Not a fan of The Office, kinda cruel and not funny.

November 6, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Serena

Btw, to those people who keep on saying Parks and Rec is a Office-wanna-be: DUH. Originally, the creators of The Office was going to do a spin-off using one of the original cast members of The Office, but then decided to go a slightly different direction. I mean, even in the original advertisements for Parks & Rec, it was touted as being BY THE CREATORS OF THE OFFICE or some such, so why would it be a surprise to anyone that it's similar to The Office? I think that WAS the point. Personally, I think that's a great move...give us more of something like The Office, which we love already, except in a different setting. They could do this to a whole crapload of other work environments. The technique's like a goldmine for comedy.

November 6, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Noel

When this show started I was already a big fan of Amy Poehler and Aziz Ansari (The hardest part about roller blading is telling your parents your gay). Now I am truly hooked with all the great supporting actors on this show. At first it felt like a local gov't The Office knock-off (which it was). But it sure found it's own voice quickly, and is a perfect addition to NBC's Thursday night comedy line-up!

November 6, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Erin

I love both P&R and Chuck, which is why I'm happy that BOTH shows were renewed for this season! Chuck will be back in January, so don't blame P&R for it not being on the air.

November 6, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Elena

Loved last night's episode! Several laugh out loud moments. Hope it continues – it's 1000x better than Community.

November 6, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Serena

LOVE Parks & Rec. Even though I hear a lot more praise about Community (which I also love already), I think Park & Rec actually deserves more accolades because it is at times even more funny than Community. Either way, love both of them, I think NBC has a solid line-up on Thursday now and I really hope they don't change things up or cancel any one of the shows.

November 6, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Andrea

Well, Diana, I agree that Chuck is great (and it's supposed to be coming back!), but I think "Parks and Recreation" is great, too. It seemed to need to find its way...

I work at a library, and get to see city government (Los Angeles) at work all the time, so I really, really find this amusing! Political back-biting and stupidity is insane at times–no wonder things don't get done.

NBC's Thursday line-up is wonderful. After years of absolutely stupid, mindless, irritating, horrible (I could go on and on) "reality" shows, this is fantastic!! I actually watch my television on Thursdays.

November 6, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. oscar Lopez

LOVE Amy Pohler and Parks & Recreation. Hysterical show. Perfect cast. Aziz Ansari is too funny. Now, explain to me the lack of Emmy nominations and why 30 Rock is treated like the only worthwhile comedy on TV.

November 6, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jon w

This show is awesome. I hope it stays around long enough for viewers to see it. It is truly in the proper time slot. Bieng as close to "The Office" as possible to hopefully get some of those fans or "30 Rock" fans. The nice thing about the show is the story is progressing pretty well. Tammy does need to stay. She could be what Chevy is to "Community."

November 6, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jason

How do shows like this and 30 Rock stay on the air . . . they are not funny at all. It is sad really . . . . I would rather watch Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother on CBS than the crap they call comedy on NBC. No wonder the network is dead last compared to other ones.

November 6, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jim

With shows like these, I don't understand how NBC doesn't blow everyone else out of the water on Thursday nights. Other than Glee, Community, Parks, and the Office are the three best shows on TV right now.

November 6, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Billy

This show may be lame but I'll keep watching as long as Rashida Jones is in the cast.

November 6, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Allison

I am so happy to see praise being given to P & R. I too am a HUGE fan and I hope this show stays on and I am certain it will continue to make us all laugh. Clever writing is very appreciated.

November 6, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. viewer

Last night’s show was great! The episodes where we learn more about secondary characters are always funnier. I wish we could see more about Jerry and Ron.

Same is true of the office. I think that show would benefit from more Oscar, Toby, Kelly…etc. and a lot less on Michael and Dwight. In fact if the Dwight character were written off the show I would be thrilled. We get it; he is a mean spirited, vindictive person who enjoys hurting animals. Honestly, his character is the opposite of funny.

November 6, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Damien

I love this show. Brilliant satire!

November 6, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. brian

The show rocks! I hope Andy succeds!

November 6, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Amanda

Best episode yet!

November 6, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Tina

I don't understand how viewers find this show funny. The low level intelligence it aims at is insulting.

November 6, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Laura

This show is getting better and better every week! Megan Mullally was hilarious and was a perfect foil for Ron. I was hysterical watching them in the restaurant and then running into the motel. Amy is growing into that role so well, and I love Louis C.K. as her boyfriend. Tom, Ann, Mark; all great. Can't wait for more!

November 6, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sande

GREAT show, but the parks and recreation I work for is alot funnier. We have a lot of odd people that work with us and alot of ODD people that use our Community Center. Keep up the great show

November 6, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. BT

This show is sooo funny. I love the one where they investigate each other's background to see who can get the most dirt, and poor Gary keeps getting screwed and he doesn't even want to be a part of it.

November 6, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. dave

This show has become on of my favorites to watch every week. It is definitely in the vein of The Office and 30 Rock (another one of my faves) but it's just hilarious.
    I really hope this show is doing well in the ratings it deserves to be on the air.

November 6, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Wendy

I dont know how anyone can sit through an episode of this show. It's a horrible "Office Wanna Be".. and they even cast one of The Office's former main actresses in this mess. Are we really not supposed to notice?

November 6, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Adam

This show is awful. Community is awful. The Office provides occasional humor but has fallen so far from the first few seasons.

NBC needs more shows like 30Rock.

November 6, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  56. mary sheppard

We love this crazy show., Amy is hysterical and the show was cast perfectly.I was glad to see more of Ron.this week (with or without Megan)Thursday nights are great on NBC

November 6, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Christine

I laughed so hard, and again reading this article, love the show

November 6, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  58. John

The blunt confession at the elevator says it all about Tammy and I hope that Tammy does more of this to frustrate Leslie. Tell Leslie to keep those rings on. Even the sharp one. Has anyone else ever had to deal with a "Tammy" in their lives?

November 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SP

I've loved every episode of P&R this season. Where last season seemed more like it was trying to hard to be The Office, I think this season has seen the characters develop and differentiate themselves allowing for a more developed show. The Office has always been mostly a ripoff of the characters and ideas from the BBC version (not that I don't enjoy it, and over the years Carrell and Wilson have done a nice job distancing themselves from David Brent and Gareth. Pam and Jim are still pretty much Dawn and Tim) but P&R has taken the mockumentary format and created a fresh idea in that context. My personal favorite line from this week was Ron, talking about sex with his ex: "It's like doing Peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours"

November 6, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  60. larry a hernandez

I cannot watch this show, with the camera zooming in and out
    and the lame jokes. Amy Pohler WAS NOT funny on SNL and
    this OFFICE wannabe is also not funny. What is her attraction?
    My wife and I tried again last night to make it till the first commercial
    but could not stand the horrible acting and story line. Bring CHUCK
    back.

November 6, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. bored observer

Parks and Recreation is ok, Tom's brilliant comedic delivery really saves it for me, they should give him a larger role. Ann is easy on the eyes and a solid actor, but outside of that the shows leaves something to be desired (I find Poehler's character annoying and rarely funny).
    Community is horrible, the concept, writing, and actor's delivery are the pits. I suffer through it every week because my wife likes to watch the whole Thurs night NBC lineup. Joel McHale needs to stay on "The Soup", he's terrific on that. The Office is one of the best 1/2 hr shows of this decade.... along with Entourage. I usually hit the sack before 30 Rock... I have early mornings.

November 6, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  62. pepper

not very good at all...so derivative of the show the office (made by the same developers of that show) that it's tough to overlook that fact.

November 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Dan

Well, Adam, I don't work for NBC and I think it's great, much better than shows like 2 1/4 Men. Keep P&R!!!

November 6, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Grinder

Because of Parks and Rec I can not DVR Flash Forward as Surviver has the other DVR Slot.

Three comedy's are now MUST watch, Parks, Office and Modern Family.

I told people that were down on Parks last year that it would be like The Office, it would find it's wings in year 2 and this has been a GREAT year!

November 6, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Nadder

The show is funny! Amy is great...actually she is great in anything she does. I hope that NBC keeps the show on the air. I love it.

November 6, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Terry

Aziz Ansari is a genius. We want a comedy cd dude!

November 6, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. rachel

I LOVE this show and this was a great episode. I especially loved the Halloween episode where Leslie went after the kid for vandalizing. HILARIOUS!!!

November 6, 2009 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Matt

it was pretty good, but as usual, The Office blows it away about 5 minutes in to it's episode. Community and Office are must sees, Parks and Rec is usually when I'm paying the least attention, although I did watch all of last night's episode.

November 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Sharona

Great show! Very creative! Great characters!! I set my dvr to record it every week!!
    Dinana, lighten up! But I do miss Chuck! That was a great show!

November 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Mike

That line by Aziz had me cracking up for a good bit and you can never have too much Megan Mullally.

November 6, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Ron

This episode was one of their better ones, but overall I am disappointed. Amy Poehler's character is too much like Michael Scott in some episodes, and so randomly different from that in others. I hope that give her character bipolar medicine and level it out. Fewer characters with plot lines helps the flow of the show too. Community is an example of too many characters to follow in a half hour.

November 6, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  72. CJ

I had high hopes for this show because I like Amy Poelher. I've tried to watch a few episodes because it comes on before The Office (which I enjoy), but it's so bad I had to change channels. It's ridiculously lame. It's trying to be like The Office, but they're trying way too hard. It's just stupid.

November 6, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Adam

Tom, I agree, I feel like I'm in Crazy Town when I read these comments. This show is terrrrrrible! It has none of the chemistry or wit of The Office, and Amy Poehler's character is just not funny.

I can only draw the conclusion that NBC is posting these supportive comments. Sorry NBC, not buying it. And Community blows too. I never bought into the "lead-in" philosophy. Right, I'll watch something I hate because it's too much effort to pick up the remote and change the channel.

Bring back Southland, best new show in years! Stop screwing us with a horribly unfunny Jay Leno at 10Pm every night. It is flat embarrasing how little the audience laughs, and how much you can tell it is forced by the "laugh sign". Really, really sad. Southland, bring it back!

And Lipstick Jungle...

November 6, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Mellissa

I LOVE this show! I hope it stays!

November 6, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  75. iusedtobebrilliant

I did not watch "Parks and Recreation" last year because I had had my fill of "The Office" and thought it would be the same. I was wrong (on both counts since "The Office" is much improved this year). It is now my favorite show. This is a great year for comedies (including "Community", "Modern Family", "The Middle", "30 Rock", and "The Office") and "Parks and Recreation" is leading the way!
    The cast is perfect and writing is on a roll.

November 6, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Ali

Parks and Rec is so good this year. It has done a complete 360 from last year.

November 6, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. David

It's brilliant. More please!

November 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  78. jeanne

This and The Office are only network shows I care to spend time watching–just as pure diversion and escape.

Each Parks character has a quirky humor that keeps the viewer off guard. The texting in the meeting "I'm bored" was a delightful addition to the ongoing development of the adolescent-like blank-faced assistant. Her beauty pageant speech was laugh out loud funny.

My one critique is that the sexual references seem a desperate plea for ratings/attention. Yeah, get rid of the explicit "penis" reference!!!–just because the character seems embarrassed by it doesn't mean the viewers are going to love it. That whole incident/decription was way over the top, but could have been kept more tasteful!!!!!

November 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Dee

Great, great show. I've heard the ratings are not great. But I hope they're good enough for the show to stay. I'd hate to see it end far too soon the way Arrested Development did.

November 6, 2009 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Anastasia Beaverhausen

This season has been much funnier than the first – from the Pawnee Zoo episode with gay penguins, to the Miss Pawnee pageant, to the Halloween pranks. This season has been incredibly hilarious. I'm glad NBC gave them another season – hopefully the show will be rewarded come Emmy nominations.

November 6, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Bobby

I can't believe I just read this.. "The only reason this stupid show is still on TV is because NBC is not smart enough to bring back shows like "Chuck".

Chuck is the stupidest show ever! What a stupid premise. At least Parks and recreation is a realistic premise. Oh Diane. You make me sad.

November 6, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Tom

This show sucks!!!!

Does nobody realize it's just a REALLY lame Office???!!!!

November 6, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Stacie

As a person who works in government, I find this show extremely entertaining! The cast is great. Every week I have LOL moments. Love it.

November 6, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Steve

I hate to burst your negative bubble but Chuck will be back in March. It was never canceled. Parks & Rec was alright in the first season and has just gotten better every episode this season.

November 6, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Tammy

Love this show, which gets stronger with every episode. Community, not so much, I gave it two watchings and dumped it. Not funny at all. Do hope NBC will bring back Chuck soon - maybe they can toss that overhyped, over-the-hill Heros.

And, seriously - people object to the word "penis"? What, would wee-wee be ok? Grow up. If you're letting your kid watch network t.v. at 8:30, you should expect this.

November 6, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Fan

Good episode, but I was shocked that the censors permitted this sentence: "She really knows her way around a penis" in a show that aired at the 8:30 p.m. time slot on a network.

November 6, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Erin

I'm really starting to like this show but Community's better and I have to admit that I wouldn't turn on either if they didn't lead up to the Office.

November 6, 2009 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  88. dinop

I love this show, my favorite on tv besides breaking bad and dexter. Combining the glimpses of government ineptitude with the blind optimism of its female characters is brilliant . Throw in the cynicism of the 3 main males characters with the retarded Andy and it makes for good television. I'm a tad miffed by Andy's character. Usually by his age, men have been rejected a few times and know when stalking transitions to crazy.

The rest of NBC Thursday night blows, 30 rock should be renamed the "Alec Baldwin" show, he's the only character I can stomach.

November 6, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Cindy

FUNNY FUNNY SHOW – never miss my Thursday line-up – laugh my head off – all the characters on Parks are perfect – love it!

November 6, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  90. CM

Great, great show...my wife and I very much enjoy it. I would prefer them to move it back a bit so my kids don't have to hear "penis" at 8:30.

November 6, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Commoner1

I just don't see it. I think Amy Poehler and Megan Mulally are destined for much better things than this. It seems an imitation of The Office, just set in City Hall. Everyone seems so stilted.

November 6, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. mreo

The show's grown on me now that I have become familiar with the characters. Andy is great as a goofball/slacker and Aziz Ansari as Tom is great. My wife refuses to watch it. But then again, she only watches The Office sporadically (which drives me nuts when she does because then she keeps asking questions to catch up, like "Jim & Pam got married?" or "Who's the girl sitting at Pam's reception desk", wait, Pam's in Sales?" etc.) and 30 Rock (my personal fave) which she can appreciate but never seems to a have the time to watch at least two shows back to back. Oh well...

November 6, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  93. bbrewer

I love P&R. I agree the whole line up is hysterical. Community was also very very funny. WHo doesnt LOVE Chevy Chase. rehearsing with the band made me fall in love with Chevy all over again. Its hard to get America to watch funny TV anymore. This is definately worth watching.

November 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Diana

The only reason this stupid show is still on TV is because NBC is not smart enough to bring back shows like "Chuck". This show needs to be canceled. Amy Poehler is a bad actress and this show has no quality, substance or anything else to make it appealing to watch. We hope it is canceled soon. There were so many other good shows that NBC Universal aired and then canceled and then they let a show like this stay on. Only goes to show management there has no idea what they're doing.

November 6, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jack

Great show! Much funnier than Community (critics missed the mark on that one)

November 6, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  96. toona

Gotta admit it... at the end of last season, I was okay if the show didn't return. Now I'm glad it did. Sophomore strength!

November 6, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Don

Parks and Recreation is brilliant, but just one of the 4 shows on NBC's fantastic Thursday night line up. Community, Parks and Rec, The Office and 30 Rock. They're all smart, fast-paced and quirky.

November 6, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Rt

Love, love, love this show. Amy does dead pan comedy so well.
    Love her and love the cast!

November 6, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Chumley

For what it's worth "Parks and Rec" is the one TV show that I have actually adjusted my schedule to watch faithfully. I haven't been a regular TV watcher since "Seinfeld". The scene from Episode "The Pit" where Ann discovers her ex, Andy living in the pit near here house
    is hilarious!!!!

November 6, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Michael

I love this show and with Megan Mullally making an apperance was great and I hope to see more of her in the future of the show.

November 6, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Annie

LOVED this episode!!
    Actually know someone in a trainwreck relationship similar to the one profiled. Needed a laugh from all the real life drama.
    Thanks!