October 26th, 2009

Is 'It' really Michael?

As if there wasn't enough controversy surrounding Michael Jackson - the investigation into his death, whether the "This Is It" movie and album are attempts to capitalize on his demise, who wrote the title song, ad nauseum - you might think the last thing at issue is whether that's really Michael dancing and singing on screen.  But the late star's father, Joe Jackson (not the most credible source in the world when it comes to his sons), said recently the film would be "mostly body doubles."

Now, Michael impersonators are a dime a dozen, especially here in Hollywood, where you can't swing a sequined glove without hitting a moon-walking wannabe.  But using them in a movie called "Michael Jackson's This Is It"?  Could a movie studio really be that craven?

Absolutely not, says... the movie studio.  Specifically, Steve Elzer, Senior Vice President, Media Relations at Sony Pictures.  Here's his quote, which doesn't seem to leave much wiggle room for interpretation:

This story is pure garbage and there are no body doubles.  Audiences will begin to see the film tomorrow and every time they see the King of Pop they will know that every frame is unquestionably and undeniably Michael as he rehearses and prepares for the London concerts that were to have begun this past summer.

Good enough for me.  Pass the popcorn.

Tell us if you're buying tickets, what opening night looked like in your town and your review of the film here, on iReport.com.

« Previous entry
  1. Elizabeth

I have purchased my ticket for tomorrow and can't wait to see the movie. If in fact a body double was used, I wouldn't care. The way Michael was with lack of sleep, it would be the right thing to do. I still will get plenty of the real Michael with his amazing dancing and his awesome music!
    If everyone in the world were as sweet, kind and loving as Michael, we wouldn't have the low life creeps like "Stan." I wish ignorant creeps like Stan could be banned from leaving messages. We love you Michael!!!!

October 28, 2009 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Paradise

This is it,

It takes more energy to write negativity than it does to write a whole book of positives. Something is rotting deep down and rooted to the core. It is not about Mike but that person. He is just one humble and innocent object to release it on, the Press understands that concept and it works every single time.

You know there are people who are plants on sites to cause controversy. They go from one site to the other, not just on things about Mike but on sites of other people too. Sometimes with the exact same words. Never cease to amaze me.

Ecclesiastes 9:5, For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all,"
    Mike is at peace, he understood this.

Acts 24:15, "and I have hope toward God, which hope these men themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."
    Michael believed in that hope.

Sleep in peace Mike, Paradise awaits

October 27, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. Stacey H.

I have to agree on the fact that no normal parent would accept a pay off instead of prosecution if their child was actually molested. I do think Jordan Chandler has suffered in silence and is allowing Michael to rest in peace and that's why we haven't heard from him. A guilty conscience perhaps? Who knows. And the second accuser.. come on. Why would Janet Arviso allow Michael to spend all of this time with her son when she knew the pay off in 1994 existed and apparently she enjoyed the fruits of her son's relationship with this very famous entertainer. I do think Michael's relationship with children was a little unusual but he felft "safer" around kids since we all know how non-judgemental they are. Michael was re-living the childhood he never had and yes, I do think it went a little extreme but I don't think Michael had a real sense of reality or fully understood what was socially acceptable. Michael was strange; he was very eccentric but that;s what made him so brilliant. Mozart, Beethoven, John Lennon- they were all known to be a little mad but most musical geniuses tend to be that way. Let's appreciate his talent and the millions of dollars he gave to charities over the years and the difference he wanted to make..

October 27, 2009 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Texas Belle

Two quick comments:
    1. I can't believe that grown Americans can't spell any better or use proper grammar. So many mistakes!!!
    2. I'd like to see people put this much effort and enthusiasm to comment on here about God; the real God. MJ is being elevated to some god-like level and it's absurd. He was a flawed (very flawed) man. Period.

October 27, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pauline

Steve, I hope your words were not meant to be sarcastic; Mike NYC what makes you the expert on what a person won't do... people are extorted everyday for money and not guilty but because of ill-adivsed counsel by those whom claim to be in your corner; especially for wealthy people whom tend to trust those closest to them because of there worth/status will probably do most anything in order to avoid negative publicity. So, unless you are walking this path or have walked this path I would think that you are unable to judge the situation from outside. But I guess people judge your walk everyday in which makes you a expert in the field. All up in your business and informing everyone how living your life and how you don't know what you are talking about and think you know everything? What's up with that? makes them experts like those on MJ that you have gained your knowledge from... interesting huh... AND by the way how have you justified the parents excepting millions if they knew 100% that their child had been molested? Remember there are two sides to every story... you ought to have had practice by now since people are judging your walk and you constantly having to defend yourself...whats true and not after a while... you realize people going think what that want huh... MJ could have this revalation then and decided to move on... & let the chips fall where there may... I think many of us live this in our daily lives just not at the magnitude of MJ

October 27, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mel

He was no child molester....... he was taken advantage of because he was a celebrity and had money. He was a child trapped in a man's body because he never had a childhood.

October 27, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Neal Kelley

Some of the people on this blog is disgusting. First of all Michael Jackson was accused.. went to court.. and WAS NEVER CONVICTED!!!!!!!!!!! IN A COURT OF LAW. Now in the ALL KNOWING COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION. He is convicted, sentenced, and even in death disrespected. Hope to God you are never accused of something you did not do.. and have everyone blame you even when the courts have said you are innocent!!!!

Didn't your mother teach you never talk ill of the dead!!! Have some respect....

October 27, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Denzel aka Fulton,Mo #1 MJJ fan

This is some bull. It's like Kenny said, ya'll haven't seen the movie so you can't tell what's in it and what's not. Michael never molested those kids, it was all for the money. I've loved Michael since i was a baby and will continue to support and love him. Mike NYC, Michael paided that family cause he was tired of it and trying to save his image. He paided the 93 boy not the 03 boy, GET IT RIGHT!! Also, Michael never slept in bed with them, he sleep elsewhere

October 27, 2009 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Karla

Bought tickets, will bring kleenex, will enjoy the greatest singer/dancer performance (body double(s) or not) of pop era.
    RIP MJ, regardless of what people will ALWAYS say about you.

October 27, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. MARCUS

@MIKE NYC...lol Are you serious? Let me ask you this....what parent would ACCEPT money in exchange for their child being molested? Would you pimp your kids like that? Ever wonder why we don't know what the parents look like? If my son was molested NO AMOUNT OF MONEY will suffice. I will also be on LARRY KING, GOOD MORNING AMERICA and OPRAH....telling the WORLD about what this so called "molester" did....not wait behind the curtains for a big payday then dissappear...the media already was hating on him at that time, the parents would have had much support, no need to hide. And get your facts straight. The insurance company paid off the family..not MJ...besides, you will never understand but when you have hundreds of millions, 20 million is no big deal.

October 27, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Debra R

Can't we let this poor man rest in peace? ...it's getting a bit twisted.... was the man a talented musician and dancer heck yes, was he a damaged person...of course...did he abuse children? Who knows, but he was aquitted...and that means there was not enough evidence or he was not guilty. That is now between him and his God...

October 27, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. Diane

Sure people [including his father] will say whatever positive or negative remark aloud. So what pweople alway talk. Move on. Let him rest in Peace. For me, Micheal was brilliant in his music field and those that loved him always {me included} will and there are those that didn't; but with his passing returns his beautiful music ten fold and I am glad. His children wil carry on because thats life and we move forward and they have fond memories of their father and thatys awesome. I miss him and was sad to hear of him leaving this world to soon. Shocked actually... I have tickets for the movie, and purchased then the 1st hour out that midnight day. I'm jazzed, and can't wait to see it.

October 27, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Doc

Hey if there's money to be made, Joe will be first in line. Like he cares if its ethical or not, right?

Turn off your ears when that man talks. I love how he all the sudden popped out of nowhere when the opportunity arose. Lol, yeah Joe, we care what you say.

October 27, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Shadowfire

Child Molesters do not deserve or warrent ANY positive attention. I don't care who they are or what else they did with thier lives. I was molested for 13 years as a child and I am telling you what is stolen from you can NEVER be returned to you , know matter how many years pass and no mateer what else they did in thier lives. the person who did it to me looked like a model citizen on paper, most child molesters do so they can gain access to the kids. He can rot in hell.

October 27, 2009 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mike NYC

BoDee – there is a difference between Bruce Lee's Game of Death and This is It. Game of Death was a movie that was in production with investors that had money on the line that needed to finish the product or lose their investment. This is It is nothing more than a money grab. There as no movie in the works before hand. They simply took video footage of Jackson's rehersals and pieced together a movie in a lame attempt to cash in on his sudden re-popularity.

And for all of your molestation deniers ... I don't care HOW innocent someone is – they don't pay out millions of dollars to someone to 'avoid the negative publicity of a trial'. IF that was the legal advice he got then he had some pretty poor representation. Grown men don't sleep with little boys and then pay them millions of dollars if they DIDN'T do anything!!!

October 27, 2009 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. steve

i don't even think he's dead

October 27, 2009 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  17. dale

horrible excuse for a film. why? watch his music vids and relive the glory days. pathetic.

October 27, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. Dawn

For the Michael Jackson fans pleading and defending what they, and ultimately myself, feel about the Best Entertainer to ever take a breath on this earth, relax. Michael is at peace and for people like Stan, Janet, Jeff Boyardee (that's classic) and the other haters......why are you wasting your time posting on an article that has anything to do with the human being your calling "pedophile", "Freak", "Useless" and wishing that he is burning in hell. You should be ashamed of yourself. Not only because your supposed to be human, but because your supposed to be adults. Keep it to yourself, blood suckers, please and get a life. One that doesn't expose so much of the hatred you wreak of. Muster up some class please and leave the Man, the Legend, this Genius that the world and real human beings have lost, alone. Thank you. Rest in Peace Dear Michael.

October 27, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  19. Delta Doug

i wish the media would stop putting a microphone in front of joe and latoya ... they bring michael's on-stage legacy down a little every time they open their mouthes. at least michael brought down his own off-stage legacy.

October 27, 2009 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  20. Pauline

First of all I would start off by saying that I truly miss MJ; I sometimes wonder how I could miss someone whom I've never met but believe me it's a sincere feeling. GOD had a purpose for MJ even though I wonder why he took him so soon. But I will not question GOD's reason(s). I believe the truth will be known in his time. However, it's amazing to me that none of the people whom was the closest to him; not even those whom disagreed with him have come out since his death to even support/confirm these allegations but yet on this forum there are people whom have never known him so sure of themselves. I pray for you. Of course there are arguement(s) that you would argue support your truth but it's not your truth it's MJ; everything being said is judgemental. I would warn that this is bad Karma and will come back to judge you sooner than later. Be careful of your words choose them more carefully and wisely. Remember the CNN producer reminding everyone that personal attacks are unacceptable but if you are referring to the comments than you are justified in your language. But this forum is full of disrespectful personal attacks against MJ whom have passed on. It's like we were reminded of personal attacks against each other but not MJ. It gives the impression that those of us who are standing against the hate on MJ is being reprimanded while the rest of you get a gold pass hating on MJ.... Way to go media again... GOD will change your outlets you are being warned constantly of this everyday and appears that you are not heeding the warning... NOT GOOD. PRAY

October 27, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. Kat

I bought my tickets for Nov 1st! I can't wait – I bet I will need to break out the tissue....
    Love you MJ!

October 27, 2009 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  22. Brandon

This countrys is messed up with its way of thinking just like Bekah up there seriousl people look deep down in your self and realize what this country is. We are, and i think im one as well dont worry, but we are a bunch of spoiled ignorent brats that will do anything to get what we want and if we dont we get pissed at everyone until we do get it. Its true just look at the teen society today there a bunch of spoiled brats who most of the time get what they want and if they have a so called "horrible life" they go and join gangs and kill people to get what they want. I just hate modern day society but i try to look around it and keep smileing. But deep down im deeply disappointed of how americans now a day think and behave and the truth is we only do that because most of us where brote up with fathers and mothers that would beat us for the smallest mistakes and we dont want to do that to our children when truth be told we should. Just give some dicipline out there parents and achsually treat your kids the way they should be treated not like spoiled kids or they will just go around haveing sex at the first Boyfriend request and im sure you dont want that.

October 27, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. kadengirl

i'm going tonight!

October 27, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  24. The Varmint

Will they show the "King of Molesters" taking off his wig or his fake nose? It's amazing that the World's Greatest Freak Show continues on after this guy's death. A freaking drug addict (just like Elvis) and this country worships the guy. Good Riddance, Freako!!

The Varmint
    varmint345@yahoo.com

October 27, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  25. aubrey

I bought tickets for the October 29th show for myself and my grandson. I plan on explaining to him what a talent Michael was and how drugs dragged him down and made his children orphans. He said to me yesterday that "people" say that Michael was gay. (Grandson is only 11). I told him that lots of people in every day life are gay, as well as singers, entertainers, and that he has a gay cousin. A great talent was taken from the world too soon.

October 27, 2009 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Daveyboy

MJ is a has-been. RIP. I will not waste my money to see the film full of a bunch of moon-walks! Who friggin cares! Just use the profits to pay down his massive amount of debt!

October 27, 2009 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. Brandon

Whats funny is that alot of people though michael jackson was a petafile or a homosexual before he died then after he died everyones like " oh my michael jackson is so awesome i want to be like him i've always supported him" when just last week some of there are all like " man he's gross i think he has fun with children all the time" me I care nither way. He just another pop singer to me, I dont care much for what people say about other people thats there problems, but this situation struck me as odd

October 27, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  28. Eli

Strange how this movie plays on Halloween. Goes back to Thriller Days. Would of done better box office wise over Christmas Holidays I am sure. But then again, wouldn't that be close to Jesus' s Birthday and not satanic celebration of Halloween. I won't pay a penny to see this crap, and you know why...

October 27, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  29. Azu1

If you hate MJ so much, stop talking about him. Let those of us who love him and what he did cherish him and talk about who he was and the movie, "This is It". I can't understand how people dive into things they confess to hate. Maybe, they are confused. They also loved him and what he did but are at the same time very jealous of him. Take heart folks, MJ will always be the King of Pop.

October 27, 2009 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bill Simpson

I lived in Michigan at the height of the Jackson 5 and Michaels start of a solo career.Things were great if you were into the MOTOWN gig.I was not ,but I have resect for it and all the MJ brought to the entertainmnent world.It's time people to let this sleeping lie.We didn't give JFK this much post death reverance and he was the President of the United States.Besides just like Elvis ,both didn't know or want to say no.Either one of them have no one to blame but themselves for their squences of events that led to both of their deaths.Sometimes when you wish for something "YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT"

October 27, 2009 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  31. deb

hr movie to me will be a hit the ppl love MJ and the movie will let us rememeber him more
    cnt wait love u MJ

October 27, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  32. BoDee

Remember what they did to Bruce Lee post mortem in Game of Death. Of course they used Body Doubles. It would be unlikely that they didn't. This is a time honored tradition in Hollywood when there is an unfinished product and there is a need to squeeze one more dime outta some poor celebrities corpse. Pathetic!

October 27, 2009 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. Michele

I will be seeing this movie. Michael Jackson is classic and his music is immortal. It's such a shame he can't rest in peace. Even after his demise, he is still crtiicized and ridiculed. It's simple, if you want to see it, see it. If you don't, then don't. :)

October 27, 2009 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  34. Josh

Yea, no one could move like Michael, especially with a young naked boy lying beside him.

I still don't understand why the judge in the custody hearings, did not order a DNA test? Should not parenthood be established first, before deciding custody?

October 27, 2009 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. Shelly

I could care less either way, the guy was a child molester. I hope he's resting in "peace" in hell.

October 27, 2009 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. chris

he's still a pedophile! what's wrong with you people? he slept with little boys.

October 27, 2009 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  37. Eric Nicolas

The guy can't even get any privacy now that he's dead. Everyone wants to make a buck off of him. That's probably what really killed him.

October 27, 2009 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jules

I've always enjoyed Michael Jackson's music but was never such a hardcore fan where I was emotionally vested in his guilt or innocence. However, as a legal buff, I did closely follow the two cases against him, as well as the OJ case, to which the frequent comparison is completely nonsensical.

There was clear financial incentive in both accusations against Jackson. In fact, the first case was settled, a decision made and paid for by the record company, not by Jackson, who opposed any payoff.
    As a parent, I cannot imagine accepting anything less than a prison sentence had it been my child, and question anyone (other than a suspect) who contacts counsel instead of the police.

The second child's situation is truly mind boggling. The mother has a history of lawsuits and perjury (and is currently on trial for welfare fraud). She knew of the previous allegations against him but continued to leave her sons alone with Jackson, for extended periods of time, even after becoming concerned about the relationship.
    The younger brother of the accuser gave 3 conflicting accounts of his story. And, just as the previous accuser, when she came forward she did not call the authorities. Instead she contacted an attorney and psychiatrist. The same attorney and psychiatrist, incidentally, who were retained by the first accuser a decade earlier.

OJ's innocence is less plausible because, in addition to very strong, direct, physical evidence (Brown's hair in his car is circumstantial, Goldman's blood is not), none of the injured parties (ie. families) stood to benefit or profit by making false accusations. So the intentions of the accusers are not in question.

And, of course, the one thing which is the main difference between OJ's case and Jackson's is a dead body. Oh, that's right, on second thought, make that two things

Does this mean that it is 100% certain that neither of these boys were molested? No, it does not. However, prosecution presented solely circumstantial evidence, comprised,largely, of witnesses with questionable character and, a financial take in the outcome.
    So, while everyone has their personal feelings and opinions about it, fortunately a "bad vibe" is not a accepted legal argument for conviction.

October 27, 2009 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  39. spur99

the body doubles are at least real more than i can say for michael jackson dead or alive.

October 27, 2009 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Mike H

Five years ago Michael Jackson would've been lucky to have attracted 100 curious onlookers to a show at a county fair. Now he's dead and he's relevant again? Interesting. Says much about Americans' fascination with celebrity stardom and so much more.

October 27, 2009 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  41. Olugbade Olalekan Sunday

'king of Pop' gone for real.
    I miss you for your body twist and character...
    You'll forever be remembered...

October 27, 2009 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jamie

I think "This Is It" was exactly what Joe Jackson said when they concocted the idea of this movie so they could, even in their son's death, make money off of him.

That whole family is screwed up. I feel sorry for the children who are "allegedly" Michael's. Regardless of their gene pool, they are now in the hands of the very people who messed up Michael in the first place.

October 27, 2009 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  43. AndAgain

I can understand the fans talking about MJ. But those who say they hate him. Why contribute to his fame by posting messages and complaining? Just shut up and don't read, don't click on articles or watch news stories. Don't watch the movies, listen to the music or watch the videos. Make a personal attempt to not be a part of what seems to annoy you the point you have to have your rants. Make him less popular by just just saying no to being a part of the world wide dialogue. You don't have to click on the stories or have to add a post. I am more tired of the whiners than I am of the MJ coverage at this point.

October 27, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  44. Sam

People can say what they want about the controversy or eccentricities of Michael Jackson, but at the end of the day no can dispute that he was an incredibly talented man. Give credit where credit is due. He was a remarkable entertainer. RIP Michael.

October 27, 2009 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  45. Leo

After reading some of these comments.....There is a lot of hate in the world.......

October 27, 2009 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  46. Fred

When the chidlren you molested miss you, I will.

October 27, 2009 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  47. suzzie

I dont think that Micheal had any peace from his family they rode his coattails even Janet is messed up soul and she is suppose to be sane (right that sick ) now it is clear to see even his MOTHER is so GREEDY also no wonder she stays with Joe she acts so SILLY to be the head of the family . I wouldnt be them for all the money in the world

October 27, 2009 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  48. ftw

mikeal is a joke,he would never accept he was born as a black man, he tried all his life to be white, even pretending the children were his, there is no way a black man can have pure white children,mj is a phony i rmemeber seeing him buying stuff in a market, saying i will take this and that, so materialistic, leavin tons of debts and and relatives fightin over his so-called money

October 27, 2009 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  49. Steph

How do we know for sure that Joe even said that? It was attributed to him by websites that are notorious for false statements and garbage. I am looking forward to watching the movie.
    And yes MJ is a hero in my book. All the charges against him were brought by money hungry adults. There is actually more evidence of his innocence. People are "obsessed" because he made a difference in the world with his music and message. And his artistry speaks to people. Can you think of another celebrity who has given more or used his fame more to help others? MJ wanted this last concert to communicate about the value of preserving the earth and fighting for world peace. I plan to take action and work toward a better world.

October 27, 2009 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  50. BigRonL/Dawolfman

I have to admit that I have always been a Michale Jackson fan.
    However I pray and keep hope alive that there will be no hollywood tricks in this movie, however as great as Hollywood can be we always as consumers wonder if were being duped. Ill say this after being a resident of Hollywood for close to ten years the community is very ethic concious, why and how do I know because after being raised in the hood yes south central Watts and compton I know the difference personally, Ill say this consumers frown on bootleg and other activities that discrase the art. Im I going to see the movie one day yes, Im not a devout fan, because as much as I feel care and concern for the brother, I have never seen a live concert or a movie, but when I was a boy I did take a choice of a but wooping from my mother opposed to a week with no tv. and then the jackson 5 commercial came on shoot I begged for a but woopen. So I guess I can say either love the entertainer michale Jackson or hell I was just a crackhead for cartoons. Peace and Blessing to PositiveVoicesforMichale. Janet and all the rest of the fans ps. Im glad Jermaines features changed he used to looklike and remind me of my babys momma. lol

October 27, 2009 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  51. Linda Donahue

I can't wait to see this movie! How can anyone believe anything that Joe Jackson says after all we've heard and know to be true about him. He's nothing but a pathological liar. I don't care what people say about Michael, we have never seen such talent since Elvis, that can dance, & sing, as well as chorograph and direct.
    However, as far as the song, that is the only thing that has been lied about. Paul Anka originally wrote the song "This is it", however, it wasby another name, so it wasn't recognized until today when Paul Anka heard the song. He co-wrote it with Michael Jackson in 1980. This he confirmed today on "The View". He stated that Michael Jackson's lawyers called him and all of the proceeds will get split, so Paul Anka, will be worth just as much as Michael Jackson!! He well deserves it, as he wrote "My Way" for Frank Sinatra amongst many many more as well as being an excellent singer/songwriter himself for the past 50 yrs.

October 27, 2009 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jimbo

There was only one MJ, and I am so happy this show, his last great performance wasn't lost.

I don't believe he ever molested children. I think he got bad advise, and was in a no win situation.

October 27, 2009 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  53. Paradise

One thing Michael learned over the years, is that people will read and believe hurtful lies quicker than they will read about truths. Mike stopped wasting his time and energy replying to cruelty, why should we? It's a no win situation of trying to analyze cruelty, when it is determined to feel nothing else. It needs to feed off of that returned anger to survive. Cruelty sells papers, that is why he stopped reading so many lies about himself and built his own world around him.
    Of the state of this world, We should all be so fortunate.

MJ fans, remember the sad state that some Press outlets have sunk, is to divide and conquer. This article seems like pure manipulation to stir up trouble at its utmost, even if Mr. Jackson did say it. And the way to tear Michael apart more is to publish nonsense, more and more everyday to have us bickering over such foolish and childish articles as this. They know that his documentary is coming out soon, and that a lot of hateful things Mike was accused of in the past is finally being proven as lies. So they have to print something foolish to stir up controversy. Don't fall for it.

I know some of you are still angry at Mr. Jackson for his treatment of Michael in his past. But, remember, Mike forgave his Father, he was healing inside in his own way. He would not want us to call his Father terrible names. Remember Joe was one of the main family members by his side at his horrible trial.

Those of us who love The Greatest Entertainer of All Time," let us go to the movie and have a ball and cry together and enjoy his gift to us.

By the way, I've seen Mike live in concert seven times, and twice close up. Boy do I have wonderful memories. Beautiful, caring loving Human Being, not an idol, but one who appreciates a WOMAN!! Believe me I know! There was NOTHING wrong with that Man!! Mike had some roving eyes on him!!

Sleep tight Mike, Paradise awaits

October 27, 2009 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  54. Schultz

I find it so interesting that anyone is even remotely interested in a Michael Jackson. It's sad that he passed away, but why are people fixated with someone who obviously lost his marbles many years ago.

October 27, 2009 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  55. Toshi

I've always thought Joe Jackson should be in jail for child abuse. To tell a child every single day of his life that he's ugly–to the point the kid can't look in the mirror–is abusive. (And people wonder about all the bizarr-o plastic surgery MJ had.), but to slap the kid, even beat him...the guy is lucky to be walking free. If you don't want to honor child abusers, don't listen to Joe Jackson. Don't quote him. Just ignore him...oblivion is udnoubtedly his biggest fear, and it's just where he belongs.

October 27, 2009 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  56. Lacy from Canada

Again we all no OJ was guilty and he was found NOT GUILTY so Micheal been found NOT GUILTY does not mean anything. Weather those two kids who came forward lied it still is not normal to have sleepovers with boys and let them sleep in your bed. Money can by your innocence.

October 27, 2009 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  57. Barb Bartel

It's good to see Hollywood deaths at least being investigated immediately. I always wondered why there was no extensive investigation into Natalie Wood's mysterious death. Now I know why after reading the new book "Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour" - my, my, we peons should have it so nice. The factual, documented, sensible information in this book includes a passed lie detector test from an eye witness (the former captain) and her case needs to be reopened. Readers are asking for it everywhere, but even the esteemed, legendary Natalie Wood isn't getting one tenth of what they gave Michael Jackson the first day of his death in regards to figuring the damn thing out. Hey, if Natalie had lived, Michael would've loved her, they'd probably would've been friends like Michael Jackson was with Elizabeth Taylor. Maybe that will light a fire under the the necessary butts? This book rocks.

October 26, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bhan

Actually, for all those that criticize making this movie at all, I have two thing to say. One, Michael would have wanted people to see what he had worked so hard on, I mean, he was only weeks away from presenting this tour to the world, and he worked hard and was excited about it.

Second, as for the money, the company that invested in his tour was pretty much going to lose an incredible amount of money because Michael passed before he could actually go on tour. So if they are releasing this movie in part to recoup some of that investment, I have no problem with it. And I don't think that is their only motivation. After all, backing a Michael Jackson tour was a risk, with so many people thinking he committed one of the worst crimes imaginable, child sex abuse, and just so many others thinking he was weird, this tour could have tanked. I think the company that invested probably did so, at least in part, because they believed in Michael and his talent. Betcha anything a few music tour companies probably passed before MJJ found someone willing to front the funds. So this movie is also being released so that the world can see what it was that made them believe Michael still had "it."

But I am not sure if they are even releasing this in part to get back some of their investment. I did hear somewhere that the money was going to be put into his estate, which means it will go to his children and his mother, who are I think, the only people Michael left money too in his will. Whether all of the money or part of the money I don't know. I heard this is expected to make 100 million dollars. If it does, maybe the company who made it is going to keep only enough to cover their costs and give the actual profit part to Michael's children and mother.

October 26, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Bhan

Really, can't Michael just rest in peace? I mean, he won't until the doctor who fatally injected him with those drugs is arrested, tried, and convicted. But can't we just stop with the false rumors once and for all?

October 26, 2009 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Dave

James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley...etc. He's joined the celebrities that are making more money being dead than they ever imagined when they were alive.

I wonder when the Black Velvet Michaels, Snowglobes, and fine china will come out?

It's over folks, let the man rest please.

October 26, 2009 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  61. spencer

Whether you liked MJ or not, why are some people so hate driven that even though he's gone, they put forth the effort to try and degrade him. The only people you are hurting now are his innocent children. Who does that???? Does that make you feel better about yourself? I've never heard anyone say exactly why they think he was guilty because in truth, you don't know!!! Why don't you try digging a little deeper than the trash tabloids to find out more about who he really was? You might find out that he really was innocent.

October 26, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Raheem Portis

1. Every time Joe Jackson opens his mouth, diarrhea comes out.

2. Michael Jackson, child molester, burns in Hell.

October 26, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jamie

I'm waiting for the 3-D release.

October 26, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Bekah

lol it's funny how many people think this guy was "god's gift to the world..." come on people he was a human being.. nothing more than that. and really if he was THAT great then why'd he go so long without any songs? people are clinging on to those hits he had back in the day. that's sad.
    but it's not as sad that people idolize him and make him into this huge hero but they don't feel the same about the people who really deserve to be called heroes. our country has a warped sense of thinking and honestly it's disgustingly creepy how obsessed people are with this guy. i wasn't sad when he died and i never will be, i didn't personally know him.. people die every single day.
    i'm not going to see the movie just because i'm sick of hearing about it.
    you hear more about him then you hear about the soldiers dying everyday in the war... think about that for a second and you'll realize why this country's so messed up with their way of thinking.

October 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Daisy

This is It!!! Michael Jackson is dead.

October 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  66. JackT

Jeff Boyardee, in denial of what?

October 26, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Joe Schmo

Michael Jackson was a pervert and a worthless human being.

October 26, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Laurie

For those who say "no one cares"- you're wrong. I care, as so many of us do.

~GOD BLESS YOU MJ*~

October 26, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jeff Boyardee

I say exploit him to no end.

People who love this man are in D-E-N-I-A-L

October 26, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. D.L. Shiloh

I think the world will see MJ at work – a musical genius and a misunderstood man-child. He was a perfectionist and that drive to excel will be seen. In 100 years his work will be what endures and we get to see the "last work" in progress. The claims, the misinformation, the questions will not be on the stage. The best of our generation will be.

October 26, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. V

Rest in peace, Michael. You're likely in a better world now than the one you have departed.

October 26, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Huff

OJ was found guilty in the civil trial. MJ's trial was a bit different. There was pretty much NO evidence. Just word from a disgruntled mom who MJ cut off from supporting. Can you say extortion attempt?

October 26, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Kevin

To all those who still contend that Michael was a molester of children (God, it pains me to even write that), let me apply the same evidence standard to you that you're applying to Michael. Hmmm...I think is a pedophile. Therefore, he is a pedophile–lock him up and pray he burns in hell. See how easy that was? What? My accusation isn't evidence? You're right!

Michael was a gift to this world; perhaps he was more than we deserved...

October 26, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  74. rusty

Michael Jackson was acquitted, just like OJ Simpson was acquitted. But he remains guilty. If he was not rich, he would still be in prison.

October 26, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  75. mj4she

i'm so excited to watch the movie tomorrow...michael will live on forever in my heart :)

October 26, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jen

Elvis met Priscilla when she was 14.. R.Kelly married Aaliyah when she was 15 and was also tried and acquitted for a sex crime. I am so sick of hearing idiots continue calling MJ a pedophile when they know nothing about the first of second accuser.

If your child was truly molested by someone, would you take a pay off in lieu of prosecution? Come on.

October 26, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Tee-Tee

All of those who are so quick to judge Mike-you don't know what happened because you weren't there! The only people who know for sure what happpened either are not here anymore or took the money and ran. I don't care who it is or how much money they offered me-if someone molested my child there is no amount of money they could buy me off with. Let's see how STAN or is it SATAN will be judged come YOUR day of judgment! Good luck!

October 26, 2009 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Daniel, CNN Entertainment Senior Producer

Commenters: I've posted this before, in other comment threads, but it bears repeating:

– Attacking what another poster says: okay
      Personal attacks on other posters: NOT okay

Rip all you want on what others say. Ripping on the posters themselves is unwarranted and unnecessary.

On with the discussion.

October 26, 2009 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jen

I am begging and pleading to see an actual member of the Jackson family that is not morally corrupt and riding on Michael's coat tails,, with the exception of Janet, this musical family are a bunch of looney tunes. The dad, Joe Jackson ,is the absolute worst of them all and the MOFO is 80-something years old. Imagine what it was like growing up in the same household as him. Crazy. No wonder why most of the Jackson kids are quacks.

October 26, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. sue

Who cares Stan asks? Well I do as well as MILLIONS of others. He was not a child molester as proven by his not guilty verdict. It was purely money driven. And Stan if you don't care why did you read the story? You must be one of those people who try to stir the pot. Kinda pathetic don't ya think?

October 26, 2009 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Kim

It's funny how no one calls R. Kelly a pedophile or "molester" when he actually married Aailiyah when she was 15.... yes, he was also charged and acquitted of having sex with a minor. Elvis initially met Priscilla when she was 14,, and started dating her a couple years after that. Do people call Elvis a molester?? Come on,, let's be fair here. Elvis and Michael are both equal as far as talent and their effect on pop culture, yet people are still fixated with calling MJ a pedophile. They are not seeing the real picture here-they also need to do their research on both accusers and determine if MJ was really guilty. If your child was molested, would you take a pay off??? Dr. Chandler did... so there goes the first case and his son being an alleged victim. The second case, again, Gavin Arviso's mother was hoping to get a big settlement like the first accuser did and the jury hated her so much, they could not convict MJ based on that pathetic broad. Do both of these accusers still think highly of Michael? I bet they do.

October 26, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Abdul

Well, Stan. you cared enough to leave a comment

October 26, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Shaun E

Kevin Smith just made me spit coffee all over my computer!

October 26, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  83. yolonda

It seems we have a whole lot of "JUDGES" trying to condemn. Keep talk honest. Michael was found not guilty and was a great musician!!

October 26, 2009 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Gail Davidson

Joe Jackson is the most abusive father there is,this statement from him proves it.He can't even be happy for Michael's fame in death.Will he ever rest in PEACE??????

October 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  85. laurie

Stan- ever hear the word "aquitted"?....

October 26, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Huff

Why do people continue with the pedophile BS? He was found NOT GUILTY. People that continue to make this claim have not read up on just who accused him nor the history of the accusations. These accusers were attempting extortion plain and simple.

October 26, 2009 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Frank

I have to agree with "truth's" post on this one. When the first "accuser" came forth as an adult and admitted he was pressured by his parents into fabricating those charges you would think people might use common sense and realize Michael might be innocent. And when the second "accuser" was proved to be a scam artist you would assume that those still on the fence might finally say "O.K. I was wrong. These people took advantage of the public's general mob mentality against anyone or anything that doesn't fit our perception of "normal" to make a quick buck" Unfortunately there are still people who either haven't heard or are too consumed by their deep seated hatred of "that weirdo" to even listen to the truth. I feel sorry for them because they choose to hate a person on nothing more than lies and fabrications. They truly are pathetic.

October 26, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Kate

I am not going to see this movie for a couple of reasons: The profits are going into the pockets of Sony-if proceeds were going to benefit a charity that Michael supported, I may change my mind. Also, I don't feel Michael would want this "rehearsal" footage seen- he was a perfectionist and would not want any unfinished product to be sold and marketed. My favorite memories of Michael are from my childhood in the 80s and later throught the 90s in my adult years. MJ was exploited all of his life, starting from his Jackson 5 days and I believe he's being exploited now. Sorry, but this is just my opinion.

October 26, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Roberta

Jacque, American courts often acquit child molesters. Especially if the victims, witnesses or families are paid off.

October 26, 2009 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Aimee

The folks that believe Michael was a child molester are the same people that would join a lynch mob and string someone up without a fair trial back in the days of mob rule. He was lambasted in the press without a chance to defend himself and Martin Bashir (I mean Judas) threw him to the wolves after telling him to his face what an honorable man he was after welcoming busloads of Make A Wish children to Neverland and telling him he would shed light on all the good he does.

October 26, 2009 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  91. pinkfink

I don't think it's fair to assume MJ committed any crimes that he has never been convicted of. He had money and that brings people out of the woodwork who are willing to say and do anything if they think they can make a dime off doing so, thus the explanation of the charges brought against MJ for child molestation!

October 26, 2009 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Will

8 Year Olds Dude.

October 26, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Logical

Since when does anybody believe a word that Joe Jackson says? Come on. He says whatever will get him the most attention. The crew wouldn't be taking orders from a body double. And it's very easy to tell the difference between Michael and a double. Nobody can copy the way he moves.

Poor Michael had lies spread about him during his life, and now afterlife. For crying out loud, let the man rest in peace.

October 26, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  94. mjfan

What Joe Jackson has to say is irrelevant and ultimately inconceivable. Does anyone recall that days after Michael passed he was out promoting his record label and attempting to market his son's death? To take anything that Joe Jackson says at face value is not just ridiculous, it is reprehensible.

Secondly, for all of you idiots that think you have the right to condemn a man who was acquitted of all his charges, think again. He was acquitted of all charges. In our legal system this means NOT GUILTY. So stop condeming Michael. If it's any of sick comfort to you, he was a prisoner in his mind for the last few years of his life anyway, sickos.

Third, if you have to criticize Michael Jackson for all his sucesses to feel more content with your failures, do it somewhere else and tell it to someone who cares. Not on CNN's website.

October 26, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  95. smcappel

I never would and could believe Joe Jackson. He looks like someone who would treat his children like he did. All for the money and nothing else. I am going to go see the movie. I loved his music and his moves. Just one more time to see him in action so the memories will remain.

October 26, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Barbara

There is only one Michael Jackson and that is what we will see
    up on that screen. M.J. would want his children to see his work
    hopefully they will be able to very soon it will put a smile on their faces to see their father do what he does best dance. WE all miss M.J. terribly he was and will always be the Master of Dance.
    Joe Jackson should act his age and be of comfort to his grandchildren especially at this sad time in their young lives.
    He should let them know their Daddy is pure magic up on that stage.

October 26, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  97. BobH

Who in the world would even care if it was a body double or triple or quatruplet? Booooring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 26, 2009 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  98. debra

I think Michael would want the money to go to his estate to help his children.

October 26, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  99. sheila

Pure rubbish. It's well-known thqt artists even use body-doubles live on stage at times! Yes, Poppa Jackson is nuts, but so are a lot of the characters Michael had around him $$$$$$$. By the way, it's called "This Is It" because it was the LAST time Michael ever intended to do these kind of shows...he was over 50 years old! You can almost hear him saying, "O.K., I'll do it...but, this is IT!".

October 26, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  100. E

Can't someone just sit down and enjoy a documentary about MJ's final rehearsals without the drama? Seriously, everyone keeps getting all bent out of shape over this. It's not meant to be an award winner or have a deep plot. It's simply showing MJ's final rehearsals almost like a documentary of sorts. The man's been gone for awhile and the drama continues.

October 26, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Robear in Ojai

Michael Jackson's entire career was peppered with sensational lies and rumors, tabloid headlines and creepy reports. Why should it be different in death? Michael himself was a compulsive liar, and was making up stories and then 'leaking' them to the tabloids, only to vehemently refute them later... Remember the hyperbaric chamber pics?

I rest my case.

Body doubles? Bring 'em on!

As far as his artistry is concerned, there's no denying that he was a superb performer and entertainer. But he was a troubled soul, which owes a LOT to how his father Joe treated him.

I'll be glad when this whole brouhaha has subsided, and when, other than the occasional National Enquirer sighting at some Midwest shopping mall in the company of Elvis and Jackie O., people will finally allow him to rest in peace.

October 26, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jacque

Stan,saying Michael Jackson is in hell is a bit much, don't think you're judging do you, American courts aquited him, what you believe in your mind is in your mind. If you don't like him, then you don't die because Jesus even loved bigots and molestors!

October 26, 2009 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  103. hill335

It is safe to assume that Daddy Jackson is not reaping any financial benefit from the movie, and his attempt to poison the minds of potential moviegoers is a craven attempt to strip the movie of authenticity and ensure that the producers do not profit from it. It's
    simply the sourest kind of sour grapes from the sourest puss on a wannabe-celebrity in our midst. What a shame he can't be muzzled.

October 26, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Lea Derr

I find it ironic that people who claim they don't care abou t MJ are on here commenting. Why are you reading the comments if you don't care? For someone who doesn't care you seem to know an awful lot about his life and happenings. I don't and never believed that MJ was a child molester. He was a masterful musician and dancer. He loved his family and his fans. He was gift given to the world. I am devestated that he is gone. I bouught my tickets day one when they went on sale. I am looking forward to seeing a genius at work. I will continue to buy subsequent CDs that I am sure will be released in the future. I will buy new DVDs as they come out. I don't really care where the money goes. Michael's children will be taken care of and will be happy listening and viewing a master at work.

October 26, 2009 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  105. truth

To those of you claiming that MJ is a pedpphile etc – you obviously are well behind the times. The boy in the family that was paid off (at MJ's lawyer's advice) has admitted that he was never molested, it was just done for money. He was not convicted for the lies made up by the second set of goldiggers that have been convicted of multiple scams before they attempted to make money off of Michael.

October 26, 2009 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  106. MartyinLA

How great to be able to see Michael's final performance. My coworker has a musician friend that was there at rehearsals. He said Michael was at the top of his game and that they took many many hours of high def footage. I can't wait! This movie will be an honor to Michael Jackson and testimant to his talent.

October 26, 2009 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Clt

Obviously people like Stan and Denise do care or you wouldnt' be commenting. I have my tickets to This is It and can't wait to see it. The "child molestation" nonsense is a scam then and now. These parents wished he would have molested their kids so they could get paid. RIP MJ.

October 26, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Loretta

Between LaToya & Joe Jackson-geez...can't those two give it a rest. Let us enjoy the movie. Thanks! Duh!

October 26, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  109. denise

He was a child molester and shouldn't be getting this kind of attention.

October 26, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Brad

Who cares, He is dead, let the poor guy rest in peace. The people that worship him like he is a God have issues anyhow.

October 26, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  111. faith

some people are born to be jealous for nothing.
    We Europeans and the rest of the world love Micheal Jackson
    unconditionaly and some hate him because they can never
    get that kind of attention. Just get a life.

October 26, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  112. DeMora

Requiem for a child molester. Wonder if the snack bar will have jesus-juice in a kiddie cup?

October 26, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Bob

Micheal Who??

Do you mean the greatest fake death that back-fired? Let's bury this where it belongs, in the garbage. You watch Micheal and I will trick or treat we will both get the same Thriller.

October 26, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Lacy from Canada

Couldn't pay me to go see this Movie. I feel for his children and have no doubt he loved them you can tell that. But the man is a freak and if you have enough money you can pay a lawyer to get you off any charges. A grown man does not sleep with young boys. OJ and him had the same lawyer and well we know OJ is guilty. Sorry he had to die but still does not change how I feel.

October 26, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  115. StrangerinMoscow

I could care less – I think it's a disgrace that this movie was even made. Michael would NOT have wanted this to be shown to the world. He was a stellar performer and only wanted his fans to see him at that level. However, it will make money for the estate, to help pay off his debts or wherever the nedds are. SHAME ON AEG, I sure hope in the future that this AEG will have a lawsuit on their hands, for making Michael go through those grueling rehearsals when KNOWING he was very sick and dangerously skinny and continued to lose weight. Unconscionable.

October 26, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Tina H

As if Joe Jackson is a reliable source of information for anything regarding Michael.

I have tickets for the 1st of November and cannot wait to see the film. I have been and always will be a lifelong fan of Michael Jackson and hope that this allows for some opportunity for closure. It's been a sad few months knowing his light was put out by sheer negligence.

I miss you MJ,

October 26, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Raychil

Everybody needs to step back and take a deep breath. This obsession with everything about Michael Jackson borders on insanity.

Why does Sony bother to respond to this? They already acknowledged there is a body double used in a portion of Smooth Criminal so what's the big deal. Joe Jackson loves playing with the media and it amazes how much he can sucker them, especially since he is introducing the film at it Las Vegas Premiere.
    I have yet to find a direct quote from legitimate news outlet that quotes Joe as saying this.

This may all be a PR stunt by Sony to counteract those TINI nuts out there who are claiming doubles.

October 26, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Janet

MJ, even in the afterlife you're still parting fools with ther money. Your music stinks and you're a guilty pedophile with a large following. Go away.

October 26, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Neverland

Why is everyone turning this man into a saint. Let's face it, his facad, whether real or put-on was creepy.

October 26, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  120. teri

will there ever be anything nice said about this wonderfully talented man? Has this world really become so shallow everything is negative?
    Where are the 60's where love was all around????

October 26, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Cali

Joe Jackson just continues to show why Michael had such a problem with him all these years. He's making the case for himself for totally being excluded from the will and the raising of those beautiful children.

October 26, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Trash

Nobody cares. Next.

October 26, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  123. O ARAUJO

WELL THAT EXPLAINS JOE JACKSON'S STUPID STATEMENT. HE IS NOT MAKING ANY MONEY OFF THE MOVIE.

October 26, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  124. kent

Forget the hype and listen to the music...........

October 26, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Mike J

It disgusts me that Michael Jackson's legacy has come to this. Goes to show that so many people never cared about the man, just the money he was able to make for them.

October 26, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  126. inofritzn

@John, absurd people have a tendency to attract absurd stories.

I am no fan of MJs, but it's disgraceful so many of his "friends" are trying to make money on his death. try to RIP, we'll try to LIP.

October 26, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  127. ellen

I wonder when people will stop interviewing Joe Jackson. Everybody knows he's a liar and a creep to boot, so if you don't want to print incorrect things, don't print what he says! What kind of human being would use his own child's death as a means to his own celebrity?

October 26, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Diane

I've already purchased my ticket, however, I hope all the proceeds go to the proper place and gold diggers aren't making money off of Michael. He's had a talent that no one else has or will ever have and he's was an incredibly good hearted person, who wears his heart on his sleeve. I love you Michael and will miss you very much.

October 26, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  129. David

Personally, I'd rather watch body doubles than this sick pedophile. This movie is nothing more than an attempt to bleed his body for a little more cash...if the family had any sort of conscience, they'd donate the proceeds to charities that work to help children like Jackson's victims.

October 26, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Kate O

When oh when will it end. Was he unique and gifted? Yes. Does he deserve this extreme adulation (and constant media coverage)? No. So ironic in a sad way how he is worth more and worshiped more for his sudden death. Few cared or paid much attention (unless there was controversy) in the several years preceding, when he lived mostly in seclusion outside the US.

October 26, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  131. mddiva

I plan on seeing this movie. I don't think it's making money off his death because you can say that for Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, late members of the Beatles, etc, etc. So people who continue to believe the Jacksons are profiting off MJ can say the same for the Presley's, Monroe's, etc.

As for Joe Jackson, he maybe right that there were some doubles used because MJ did use doubles for some of his acts (he used doubles for the Super Bowl performance) but I doubt the 'majority' of the film will be doubles. So go sit somewhere Joe.

October 26, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Big Papa Lil Feet

As long as it helps the "kids" and not make the "family" richer fine.

What I mean by kids is the kids all around the world who are suffering. Wasn't that his message and dreams?

Turn this into something that everyone would be behind not money in the pockets of greed.

October 26, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Len Karp

What a bunch of shameless materialism.

October 26, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  134. John

For decades Michael Jackson has seemed to be a magnet for the most absurd stories, I don't understand it.

October 26, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Mary Bee

I want to see this movie because I love Michael Jackson, but I am torn by the fact that this is a money making thing for the movie company. I have no doubt because they are setting a limit on the time we can see the movie and this will bring all of the fans out to see him one more time.
    Wouldn't MJ want the money from the movie to go to charity?

October 26, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  136. shady grady

This whole movie is a sham. The producer/director/ should be ashamed of themselves. Let that man rest in peace please!!!!!

October 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Cindy

Nobody could move like Michael Jackson...there can't be any doubt if its him.

October 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Kara

MICHAEL made that concert as a goodbye. i dont think he would everrrrr put an impersonator in as himself!!! EVER! i love u MJ ( i bought tickets for the 29th!!! cant wait

October 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Triny

I'm so sick and tired of CNN and everyone else putting this crap up like it's fact! This was footage from a REHEARSAL!! This isn't an action-packed movie! Use your brains!!

And considering the source of where this "rumor" came from it's hardly credible and the media shouldn't be treating it like it is! This is expressly why the media no longer has credibility. They don't check their facts!!

October 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  140. LJC

You're right. Enough mud slinging. No one has seen the movie except a hand full of Sony Execs. None of the Jackson Family have seen it. So how is it even possible that anyone can make such outrageous claims.
    I plan on seeing the movie tomorrow night and I feel privileged to get to be a witness to Michael's genius performance. I know it's not the final concert but I'm so glad that AEG and Sony put this movie out there. It's been said that 90% of the revenue go to the Michael Jackson Estate so how is this about money for AEG and Sony.

R.I.P Michael

October 26, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Lady Luck

Funny they should be quoting Joe Jackson, without mentioning that Mr. Jackson in association with Brenden Theatres in Las Vegas, will be charging $3,000.00 to watch This Is It with Joe. Included with that price is a room and dinner.

So what the heck is Joe talking about? Is he charging folks to watch the BODY-DOUBLES with him? LOL!

Joe Jackson is 80-something years old and should just stop talking and enjoy his golden years.

October 26, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  142. John

I think it is rediculous that people would believe that body doubles were used in this movie.
    I guess people will never let this man rest

October 26, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Kevin Smith

The children, however, will be played by dwarves.

October 26, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Andy

Joe Jackson should not be listened to.

Miss you Mike...

October 26, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Stan

Seriously – WHO Cares, let the guy rot in hell with ther est of the child molesters

October 26, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  146. lovely king

I have no problem with the movie..I bought my tickets already for the show on Oct 31..myself and two of my friends..I will always support Michael and never forget him...for his great great perfromance always..

October 26, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |