Here's what's going on in the entertainment world today:
- Music video games got a big boost from "The Beatles: Rock Band" last month, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The paper says that the game sold over half a million units in its first month of release, after revenues for the genre of games fell 46 percent this year through August.
- NBC's popular "The Biggest Loser" is getting spun off into "Losing It with Jillian" starring Jillian Michaels, the popular tough-as-nails trainer from the reality show, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Variety reports that "Hairspray" director/"So You Think You Can Dance" judge Adam Shankman is next taking on the popular Broadway musical "Rock of Ages." Warner Bros. is set to release the tribute to '80s "hair metal" in theaters in 2011.
- The comic book "Indestructible Man" hasn't even been published and it's already being looked at for television. The Hollywood Reporter says that Fox 21 and Platinum Studios are developing the series about an elite agent that is, well, indestructible.
- On DVD today: Summer blockbuster "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," "Cheri" starring Michelle Pfeiffer, "It's Garry Shandling's Show: The Complete Series," "The L Word: Final Season," "Numb3rs: The Fifth Season," "Iron Man Armored Adventures: Volume 1" and "Plastic Man: The Complete Collection."