October 20th, 2009

Sarah Palin takes on Oprah

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is sitting down with Oprah Winfrey.  According to Harpo Productions, the two women have never crossed paths before, and this will be the first time they meet.  The interview is set to air Monday, November 16th - one day before Palin's new book,  "Going Rogue: An American Life," goes on sale.

Palin, Sen. John McCain's running mate in the 2008 presidential election, was a polarizing figure who was both applauded and mocked for her folksy style. Following her unsuccessful bid for VP, Palin stepped down from her post as governor of Alaska, which garnered her some criticism.

Is "Going Rogue: An American Life" on your reading list? Will you watch Oprah November 16th?

« Previous entry
  1. Frank

What a bore this lady is, and no wonder she did not make it as a journalist; her questions are powderpuff. A highlight of her "career" was when Tom Cruise leapt over a couch and proclaimed his love for a too-young woman? How lame. Sure-it's great she was a role model, and actually read books, but she was not physically attractive to watch or intellectually interesting to listen to. Finally, she did not invite challenging guests or ask challenging questions-pass the danish please. Pepsi needs a new generation. Suburbia will miss her mediocrity.

November 20, 2009 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. sweetoldlady

I've noticed that there are a lot of criticisms about Palin's flaws by people who can't spell very well.

October 26, 2009 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. nokool-aid

Can stand to look at the slobbering go ga-ga noprah....
    she made a complete fool of herself.

October 22, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bea

Just about everyone I know (and that is a lot) has absolutely no use for Oprah, she is a racist, a bigot, and plays the race card more than anyone else!
    She is out for the buck and every time she gets a "dr" a job, she gets richer! She is disgusting!
    She said once "her people" and goes to Africa and gets a school built, but everyone wonders why she doesn't have a cheap building erected some place for these "her people" street people a place to live?
    She makes me ill and gives me a headache!
    I will never watch her show. Palin should ignore her sorry a-z, and flip Oprah a bird!

October 22, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Leo

Can we finally point out how speaking in tongue is completely moronic?

October 22, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. OpposingView

With all the hate views of Palin stated, I can only deduce that most people are jealous of Sarah Palin and like to drag her down to their level.

She has accomplished more for the state and residents of Alaska, than any negative poster has attained in their dismal meager little lives.

October 22, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Repsupporter

Yeah intenseLA, you say Mcain used Palin because women would vote for her just because she was a woman. Hmmmm......kind of like how many thousands voted for Obama just because of his color. Yeah lets make history even if he has no idea what he is doing

October 21, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cameron

I think it's sweet that Sarah is releasing a children's fantasy book. I hope it has pop-ups and various lift-a-flaps. My toddler will love it!!

October 21, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lynnie

Ian, I'm sorry but you seem angry and need meds, a nap, a hug, and some therapy. It is not healthy

October 21, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carla

Go get her Oprah, she is a hateful biggot and she is horrible who would read her book except buy it and burn it. She is cruel to her grand daughters daddy and she sucks. No wonder her marriage broke up. She is a hateful woman.

October 21, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lynnie

It is so funny how McCain pulled a name out of a hat that many people had never heard of yet they are heard praising her. Like it or not, Oprah is the same she been for years, Sara is the angry soccer mom, mad because her kid's team lost. What would happen if she had bad press as a VP, would she resign? Stopping bringing Michelle Obama in this, she has nothing to do with it. Just own up to the fact that while Oprah is doing this for ratings, Sarah is trying to push her book and nothing more. Mrs. Palin got a taste of the fame bug and she likes it. She is not the first and will not be the last, but for goodness sakes fans, at least accept that she wants to be a celebrity, not a politician. No harm, no foul, but is very Jon and Kate.

October 21, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Debra R

I think the episode should be titled: the Moosehunter VS Obama's Handmaiden....c'mon people this is not about race, it is about $$$$ both women stand to make a lot of it.....

October 21, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tina Ricks

I hope Oprah exposes how ignorant and inexperienced she can be.

October 21, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. REG

lol I think this interview will go better than expected. Shes not running for anything she which shes not qualified for, shes just going to talk about her book and personal issues and play the strong woman card. you know. I doubt things are going to get nasty. I wonder if they ask her why her daughter ex is going to pose for playgirl lol When i read that on cnn i bout died. maybe he should have a book written for him too like palin did

October 21, 2009 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. KellyO

Sarah Palin needs to spend more time taking care of her family and less time spreading hate and lies. She didn't write that book, come on she can barely pronounce a 3 syllable word. She is a figure head that represents what is wrong in America today; allowing polarizing media whores to tell us what to think. Do research people, don't take something at face value because the GOP said it's true, they have an agenda just like the Dems. Take the time to inform yourself and make a thoughtful decision based on facts not hype. Oprah shouldn't bother with Palin, people will only watch to make fun of her.

October 21, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lisa

This comment thread has been absolutely hilarious (though I admit that I find the pro-Palin comments confusing and rather weird–I mean, really?).

I think that this interview will be quite awesome, even though I do feel that Palin really doesn't deserve the attention. Based on what I have seen of past interviews that Oprah has done with controversial conservative guests such as Rev. Ted Haggard (hah!), I think she will most definitely take the opportunity to ask the pertinent questions that most sensible Americans would enjoy seeing Palin try to talk around. I will be tuning in to watch for sure.

And yes, the SNL skit will be side-splitting, as long as Tina Fey is willing and they can find a host that can do a good Oprah.

October 21, 2009 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  17. Bravncrzi

Oprah why?
    Why do we keep giving this fear mongering, self serving, idiot air time. I will not watch, I will not buy her book, I would cross a busy freeway not to have to nod "goodmorning"

October 21, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  18. JB

"The only reason she stepped down is because of all the bogus claims made against her (24 claims-last count) and the time and money it took to defend herself against the bogus claims is astounding. Also, the court proved the claims false and/or bogus."

If the courts found the claims bogus then WHY DID SHE STEP DOWN?

Seriously, she took the easy way out because there are more skeletons in her closet than a cemetary...

October 21, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ian

Reading these comments, I've learned some things:

Obama is an evil Socialist, and Bush is an evil Fascist.

Oprah is a pro-black racist, and Sarah Palin is a pro-white racist.

The Right Wing is out to make themselves richer, and the Left Ring is out to take away people's hard-earned money and give it to non-deserving losers.

BUT...thanks to Jarred, I know the solution to the problem:

"Liberals need to stop being racist..." or else the Conservatives will "wipe them off the map". <<<<Thanks for that Mr. Ahmadinejad Jr. [BTW, I'm assuming you didn't mind when he used the same phrase to describe his Solution to the "problem" of Israel...or is it okay to say that about "Liberals" because they're the Bad Guys?]

Does anyone see what I'm getting at here? The problem isn't any one politician or any one political party...the problem is ignorance, hate, judgment, and closed-mindedness by people in general...regardless of their political or religious affiliations.

Right now we have a person in the highest office of the land who says he's willing to listen to opposing views without all the hate and judgment...but if the majority of the people who disagree with him assume that he has bad intentions, is a criminal, or is "evil", then our political process will never see anything accomplished. Because the next time a Conservative attains that office, the Liberals will claim he's a Nazi, a criminal, or "evil", and they won't listen to what he has to say...they won't cooperate. So to my Conservative friends: don't fool yourselves into thinking that if you can just hate Obama enough to get him out of office in 3 years, THEN good things can finally start happening. It doesn't work that way.

It's time for the Opposition Party to show a little good faith...maybe it won't happen until a Republican becomes president again...maybe the Conservatives don't have it in them to set aside their fear...hell, maybe the Liberals don't either. But I'm hopeful that enough of us can do it. I'm hopeful that we can still make a difference. I know that sounds cheesy, but cheesy beats hateful any day of the week. God Bless.

October 21, 2009 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  20. Terry

People, get your heads out of the sand. Sarah Palin has already presold more than 1 million books. Do ya really think she needs Oprah? Also, did you not know her many accomplishments while Governor? or maybe you've turned a deaf ear to the truth?

Go Sarah! Continuing speaking the truth! Most people on this blog are so jaded that they can't handle the truth.

October 21, 2009 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  21. James

Oprah Winfrey is responsible for being Obama's head cheerleader, just like she takes novels from obscurity to #1 best sellers. I hope Sarah Palin rips her a new one! Thanks for nothing Oprah. Our country was a billion dollars in debt with King Obama took office, and now we are 3 million in debt. Headed in the wrong direction thanks to your adulation.................for all the wrong reasons.

October 21, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  22. june

Not usually on Oprah fan; but I will record this program for later viewing

October 21, 2009 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  23. Ron

I would like to see them mud wrestling. Do you think it could happen?

October 20, 2009 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Anna

Oprah must be really hard up for guests. Palin is barely coherent. No way did she pen a book herself... What a waste of air time....

October 20, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lisa

Sarah Palin is a rouge idiot and while I hate the fact Oprah is giving her a forum to spew her illogical and obscure rhetoric, I will be tuning in to watch. Much like a bad car accident, you cannot look away.

October 20, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dolma

I think the best way Oprah can help Sarah Palin make more money is by getting her on her Show. Maybe Oprah wants to Help Palin get rich because she Sarah did not manage to become V.P and whats the next best thing to Power ..Money lots and lots of it. and the best free publicity for her future in politics.
    Whats Oprah doing with someone who acts and behaves loke no normal women . Hehping Sarah Palin Promote herself. God help us .

October 20, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Dave Wilson

I wonder if Oprah will really question her on relevant topics, or will this just be an opportunity for Sarah to sell here book and complain about how unfairly she is treated. I don't beleive she has what it takes to pen a serious book, let alone talk about it.

October 20, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  28. brandon

This will be great! Palin is the most incoherent person on the the planet- so it should be a fun ride. Oprah will do well. :)

October 20, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. tv what?

Aggie October 20th, 2009 2:41 pm ET

I have not watched Oprah since, during the election, she revealed herself to be a racist and hypocrite.

ditto, Aggie!

October 20, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. paul

All of the nasty comments on here surely prove that no matter how MUCH CHANGE we HOPE for, we will always be happier knocking people down then just keeping our BIG mouths shut!!!

Good luck, Sarah, Oprah is one tough cookie! She will definitely ask all the right questions!

October 20, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. midwest mom

well, guess that will be one Oprah I will definately NOT watch. I think Judge Judy is on the other channel at that time..much more interesting!

October 20, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  32. The Truth

How sad America has become. Where is the freedom and protection to believe and be who you are? I am not a big fan of Sarah Palin or of either party's agenda lately, but I do know that the crap she has had to deal with would not be tolerated if it was dealt to an African-American or any one of the pro-Gay constituents. When everyone in this country learns that human beings are more important than their own selfish agenda, then we can start becoming a great country again. America, wake up!

October 20, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ron

you guys all sound scarad of Oprah. why ? i know she could be the next Obama ha ha ha ha..... you go Oprah, luv always.

October 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  34. stu

Cannot stand either one of them.

October 20, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. ang

I'm not sure why Palin would give the time of day to Oprah, I think they are both mongering to the almighty dollar

October 20, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mn Sjogren

I love this country. Be grateful we all have the freedoms to agree to disagree. To join the armed forces or not join. Only in America my friends...remember that.

October 20, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sandy

Palin shouldn't give the racist Oprah her time, Oprah isn't worth it.

October 20, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. becca

The SNL skit will have real fans! They amount of people viewing that skit will be forever replayed and become history.
    Oprah loves $$$ and more Oprah. She has proven that more times than we can count. She is also racists as loves this too!
    Sarah has a strong since of humor and can laugh at herself.
    Oprah was a joke in Africa and the latest fiasco on the Chicago games.
    No matter what happens, these two women deserve each other. If Ofatrah slams Sarah well so be it. She eats everything in her wake anyways!
    Run Sarah Run! Shove the book down her gullet!

October 20, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  39. judy

They are both articulate . Many of us may not find Sarah Palin to be smart but yet she needs some respect like everybody. Yes i agree Sarah Palin is trying to bite more than she can chow so for her own sake I hope she will do some research before sitting down with any interviewers Oprah or anyone. She is making a big fool of herself.

October 20, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Christal Sims

I think its an excellent idea for Sarah Palin to appear on Oprah. Although Ms. Palin stepped down from her position this will give her a chance to explain herself. Sometimes its hard to juggle a family and a heavy career. Because of her, this she was able to write a book and help out with her grandchild. I know she will do good on the Oprah show.

October 20, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Becky

Hey maybe she could go on Letterman and He can chew her up – or just let her chew herself up like Jaquin Phoenix did! Now THAT would be worth watching! Oprah? Nope. she just lost a fan for her poor taste.

October 20, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  42. songbird

can Palin even spell Oprah????
    Oprah, you are lowering your standards! After all the crap she said about Obama??? Hanging out with terrorists? Palin is the terrorist! I agree that she IS a fear mongering bigot...Palin believes in Palin! She so loves the camera – i surely won't be watching Oprah. Palin is hardly worth anyone's time.

October 20, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Becky

Shame on Oprah! Anything for ratings. SAD!
    Palin is a legend in her own mind.

October 20, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Meg Hager

Nobody watch it. Show Sarah she can't use us to buy her stupid book.

October 20, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Nurma

Did Sarah Palin help McCain get elected – NO – and even McCain admits delicately that she was a mistaken choice as running mate. She has turned out to be a quitter for the office she was actually elected to so that she can further what agenda I am not sure. Oprah does Oprah's job well – she is an entertainer whose only job is to get ratings for her show. Palin's job was to win the election and she FAILED. I would bet anything those who call Obama a Marxist, a Communist, and unintelligent (PLEASE! Bush couldn't even put together a coherent sentence.) are those who have no education themselves, or who got one at church while being brainwashed by fairy tales written 2000 years ago by corrupt men. Besides, these are the socialist institutions that work for my family: public education, fire, police, libraries, Medicare, public parks, etc.

October 20, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Renate

I don't watch Oprah, nor am I a Palin fan. However, I find it extremely undignified how people treat these women. Palin and Oprah are hard working women with strong believes. There is nothing wrong with that. We should agree to disagree sometimes. At least they find common ground in capitalism. Oprah is promoting her show and Palin her book. Let's hope some of the money is going to great causes that is underfunded because nobody wants to pay taxes and while insisting to get everything for free.

October 20, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Vince

I see most here have drank the media cool aid and really have no clue what they are talking about and prove themselves to be ignorant fools. There is nothing wrong with Sarah!

Maybe stop watching the View and late night TV!

October 20, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ceci

Shannon, i'm with you...giggles

October 20, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Diane

I can tell from some other comments that there are not a lot of open-minded people. Why not watch the show and see what questions Oprah asks and what Sarah has to say. Unless, you want to keep the blinders on and not see the good in Sarah. Just I don't agree with your comments but I know there is still good in you.

October 20, 2009 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Vic Ramborto

Oprah is an overt racist. She's responsible for this communist administration. Palin is a beautiful intelligent independent woman. I can only pray that she will become our first Woman President of The United States of America.

October 20, 2009 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. SW

Eat her for lunch, O!!!

October 20, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  52. JD

I agree with Rick. The book can't be worth spending money on. There will be nothing enlightening or entertaining. It will just be more of the same lies and fairy tales. I hope Oprah breaks through the surface and reveals the fakeness for those who haven't seen the light yet. But then again it would be fine if the show didn't air at all. Who needs more of Sarah Palin. Haven't we devoted enough media attention to someone who does not know geography, can pronounce simple words, thinks its ok to exploit your child for political gain and basically is just ignorant.

October 20, 2009 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kayla

Hmmm....funny how she wants to speak with Oprah now, one day before her new book hits the shelves! Think it will be on Oprah's book list?

October 20, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. kathy

She is so much smarter than the Marxist that is sitting in the White House with his crime family it's not even funny.

October 20, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Joan

when is the SNL skit ?!

October 20, 2009 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Charlotte K

I would be interested to watch it if only to see if given such a spotlight, Sarah Palin might finally be able to counter the terrible press she has received. I frankly doubt it. And 'no' I won't be wasting my hard earned money on her stupid book!

October 20, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  57. DMarie

Sarah Palin is an intelligent woman. It bothers me that women insult other women when they are strong, powerful, and successful instead of helping build them up, which builds up all women. We women tend to be our own worst enemy...how sad. Not many women in this world have what it takes to reach the level she has, at such a young age and she isn't afraid to speak her mind, tell it like it is. Whether I am left or right wing, you must admire that in an individual and in a woman in a man's world!

October 20, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Blaine

Yep Melissa – They can take away Oprah's right to broadcast when they take away Rush Limbaugh's. Please... I'm not even a fan of Oprah and your comment was still completely ridiculous.

October 20, 2009 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Diana Hickman-Platt

I will definitely be watching. It amazes me how biased we've become.

October 20, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Suzanne Frey

I try not to be judgemental of other people's lives and how they lead them, but these two(oprah and palin) are begging for it. Palin has shown herself to be self righteous, greedy and a coward by not taking responsibility for the challenges and problems she has had in her partial service as govener of Alaska. And Oprah has turned out to be quite a disapointment. I remember when she first came onto network television. She seemed to be genuinly interested in helping others by spreading her millions around to help worthy causes. But now, all I see is $$ in her eyes, especially when she has to stoop to interviewing someone like Palin who has nothing remotely interesting to say.

October 20, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jacki

Now Oprah wants to give her air time. Go Sarah! I no longer watch Oprah because she is so full of herself. Nobody should have that much influence over any matter. I am mostly sick and so ashamed of the media in our country! During this last election, it has never been so biased. Obama is a joke. He has not done a damn thing for our country but make the situation worse. I have not or will I ever watch him address the nation as our president.

October 20, 2009 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Aaron

This is just a suggestion. When criticizing another's intellect, be sure to use correct spelling and grammar.

October 20, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Emily

Wow !!!!!!! Oprah is in need of ratings!!!!!!!!!! What a surprise given the fact all the people she lost after the election from HOPE AND CHANGE!!!!! Well I have seen no CHANGE, wow what a shocker that is when you elect a person on only words not merit, and I can only HOPE that 2012 will get here quickly so we can get on with our lives...GO SARAH PALIN !!!!!!!!!! It is also funny to me that if you read all the negative comments left by the Palins haters...they can not spell or use correct grammar!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WHAT ANOTHER SHOCKER!!!!!!!! Gives you thought to ponder........

October 20, 2009 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Kim

Jennifer- You DON'T have to have CABLE to watch OPRAH!! She's on BROADCAST!! That's why millions of people can watch her every day across the world!! Not that I do, it's just common knowledge!! She's on CBS!!

October 20, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Patricia

What a lot of hateful women you. If only you had Governor Palin's looks and smarts and guts. How can atractive women ever get ahead when women like you and and I may add some ignorant men ar forever putting them down. You all must feel so bad about yourselves – get a life. Admire woman that have.

October 20, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Kate

Oh so many opinions! So little action! WE are ALL to blame for the stance of America today. All of us. In some way we are all hypocrites. Don't act like you are perfect. Pleez.

October 20, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  67. New Yorker

Such a pathetic line-up. Both are in it for the $$. Absolutely disgusting. Sarah – take care of your baby, children, and grandchild. Oprah – talk about saving dogs or something.

October 20, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sue - IL

Guess I'll be watching Oprah on 11/16. I'm a fan of Sarah Palin. I like how someone middle class was able to rise up in public life without having a rich uncle or a ton of political connections. People have been way to hard on Palin and her critics have been relentless and sickening. Whatever happened to the American ideal of hard work and sacrafice??? This country will go nowhere without the ideals handed down from our grandparents and great grandparents. Sarah Palin has those ideals! Not perfect, but close enough!!

October 20, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Dave

Don's on the mark, there is an abundance of ignorance in America and it rests on both sides. Most of you are just a bunch of cheerleaders who don't spend time thinking. Oprah is a very good interviewer and I think that most of the discussion will be about the book, Sarah's life growing up and what it was like to be a female candidate for VP and the impact on her family. I don't like Palin at all, but in the end, both these women are looking to help America. Palin may be wrong, but the one thing I've never questioned was whether she simply did things to help the rich get richer. Unfortunately, that is what 70% of senators are concerned with.

October 20, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  70. akluge

Have always had a lot of respect for Oprah. I hope she gives a fair read to Palin. The woman seems to have some integrity and accepts that she is no different than anyone else fed up with the "system". She stepped down in Alaska because the people she wanted to expose with the ground breaking ethic legislation that made it simple for anyone to make an ethics complaint was used against her in an ttempt to stop government until she overturned the legislation.... she showed them... she stepped down, to allow the government to function and not spend millions on a BS witch hunt.... but the law stayed!
    I think, integrity wise, Mrs Palin and Oprah will do an informative debate of a lot of social and political issues. I feel sorry for Oprah. I think her personal friendship with then Sen. Obama and her desire to see the first black president, especially someone she knew, get elected clouded her judgement and she never really researched this man very well to see his background of radical socialist/ communist sympathizing and questionable heritage. I wished she had been friends with Colin Powell.... that the man who should have been our first black President. A true American hero with honor integrity and no hidden agenda.

October 20, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Lisa

RIP Sarah Palin! Oprah is going to eat her alive.

October 20, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  72. SR

I am so sick of people putting down Sarah Palin. Don't you busy bodies have anything else to do with your time?

October 20, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sharlie

I can't stand that woman. I work in a bookstore in toronto and thank god chapters only have a few copies of that book coming in. why waste money on JUNK like that anyways. Am going to make sure that i don't watch Oprah that day.

October 20, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  74. ivy

Wow Jarred, you are living proof that 35 years of mediocre education are finally paying off. Ignorance and hatred walking hand -in-hand. I pity you.

October 20, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ivy

I laugh when people blame the media for Sarah Palin's misfortunes. She was given PLENTY opportunities to show who she was, and my God she did. The moment she opened her mouth she proved to be nothing but an ignorant, dogmatic, close-minded fool. I will watch the show because I frankly miss Republican nonsense- Bush's and the like!

October 20, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tim

Oh, I love the freedom of speech and our country. What would be nice if we would stop the name calling and stereotyping. I have plenty of liberal friends and conservative too. We are turning 50 and for the first time in American history, more people are tired of the we/you way of thinking. My grandfather was a die-hard Democrat, from the 1930 depression era. It wouldn't matter if an alien martian from outer space was running for office, if it was a Democrat, it got his vote. Just for what the party stands for. NOW, we need to start using our own heads. If it looks like a flat tire, you probably don't wanna drive too far on it. I don't watch Oprah, I have a job that keeps me busy during that time of day, but if I did, I would hope she would be professional with Mrs. Palin and not promote a book she hasn't researched just a little bit. I believe she has had a problem with some of the books in the past that she has recommended, hope she researched this one too.

October 20, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Toya

After reading all the comments on here it is just so funny how divided we are as a nation. At some point and time we have to learn to take accountability for ourselves. We all have to rememeber that Obama has come into office with a lot of cleaning up to do that was left by Bush. Right now he is coming through with ideas that have never been presented before because he is for the working class. He is trying his hardest to clean up this country give the man a chance this is not going to happen overnight.

To say that Oprah only support blacks, did she really when she gave away brand new cars?, her angel network, and free giveaways are those only to black people. Also as stated before her audience is primarly white so please do not say she only support blacks. Some people can still be so ignorant in this day and age.

It has to be a point when we have to stop the hate in this country its getting old and tired.

October 20, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  78. LoveTV

People, Oprah is a talk show host!! She is supposed to have guest on her show. There are actually people out there who are interested in hearing what palin has to say. If you don't care, then don't watch. Oprah has had plenty of guest on the show that I didn't care to see. For that reason I didn't watch.

I guess people are still having a hard time accepting that Oprah is a BLACK, EDUCATED, woman with billions of dollars. I guess it would be better if she acted ghetto, snapped her fingers, rolled her neck, and spoke ebonix.

October 20, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Katie

Why is Oprah giving this air-head any attention?
    Sarah Palin is a fool in the worst way possible. I am pissed Oprah will be wasting space and Air time with this simple minded person.
    Sarah Palin did not like Oprah for endorsing Barrack Obama

October 20, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. LoveTV

Hannah, how do you stand up for blacks? What is so wrong with a black person standing up for black people?

October 20, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Lorraine

I'm not going to watch. I don't like Sarah Palin, but I'm not crazy about Oprah, either.

October 20, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Tracy

Hmmm ... Palin is no fool, she needs to sell books and bring in the cash (she will use Oprah like everyone else). I hope O solicits questions from the public (doubt it but it would be interesting). Palin will still slam Obama but I hope that O counters her with – 1) Why she quit? 2) Did she enjoy the klan rallies she hosted? 3) Does she really think she is qualitifed to be a VP yet alone the President? 4) Why is she running around talking about Death Panels? 5) Can she name one newspaper that she has read? 6) Does she ever appear anywhere without the hubby?

Not a Palin fan and think this interview will be a waste so no plans to watch on that day. Good luck to them both....

October 20, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  83. O fan

You know SNL will do a skit about it. Can't wait.

October 20, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  84. LoveTV

Oh come on Aggie, black people can be racist. That title does not just belong to White folks. Lots of blacks can't stand whites.

October 20, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  85. sally

Interesting to see how many errors are in these comments, many by
    people commenting on Palin's ignorance!

Sarah Palin is a moron and proved that all by herself. Anyone who
    supports her needs serious help. Of course, these are the same
    people who elected the idiot president, Bush. I wouldn't waste my
    time reading her book or watching her on t.v. Go away, Sarah Palin,
    and stay away.

October 20, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Don

After reading the comments that have already been posted, it confirms to me what I have already known for quite some time. There is an abundance of ignorance in America. The public is just feeding into the Sarah Palin ego machine. This woman is going to be making millions off ignorant racist americans who are looking for a person to represent them.

All you really have to look at is her children. Like Mother like daughter. This is very true in this case. Morality and good judgement are taught by the parents. Sarah Palin, the spokesperson for every trailer park in America. Birth Control, a very easy concept to understand but not in the Palin household.

Obviously the people who should be watching "Real Time with Bill Maher" are not watching it. Not only is he funny, but he is right on the mark about Sarah and others. My salute to you Bill!.

October 20, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jarred

It's apparently clear here, that a real civil war is brewing in America. No two sides can see enough common ground anymore and it's only a matter of time when blood is spilled again, and soon. Liberals (the real bigots and race baiters) are stoking the fire, while the conservatives are ready to respond to any more attacks from the left. (Much like the gays that attacked a church in Michigan where they were making out on the platform and disturbing people that were peacefully worshipping without provoking such stupidity) Unless the left backs down and stops with all the hateful talk, the bigotry, the lying and starts to love and accept conservatives for their values and beliefs, Conservatives will clearly unite and wipe liberals from the map. What's the ratio of guns in a conservative home to a liberal home, probably 10-0.

October 20, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  88. drss

I would not buy it and would not touch even signed by her and given to me free...it is fake...

October 20, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Marc

Anyone that says she has foriegn affairs experience based on the fact that she can see Russia from the Alaskan coast is an idiot. Anyone that strives to be like her and feels that she represents them, is even dumber. Have people actually sat down and watched un-edited interviews of her? I hope and pray to God that you have not.
    This clearly is a rating booster. Yes Oprah endorses Barack and no, she doesn't like Sarah. But the interview will be gentle and kind. As for the idiot that said Oprah only likes black people, watch the first five minutes of an Oprah show and let me know how many blacks you see on there? Whites love Oprah. Blacks haven't watched Oprah since the '80's.
    Barack isn't screwing the country over. It was done before he got into office by George Jr and a war that we couldn't afford. Trillions of dollars and a new Pres. later: oh no, Obama is ruining the country. You people disgust me. Give this man 4 years to try and do something.

October 20, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Tim

I agree with Jere. The more she is in the news the better chance of her coming around again. And we don't have to worry about Mrs. Clinton either. Most of the members in this term will be laughed at well into the next few terms coming. But we will have lived through it, like our for fathers and can look back on it and see where we really screwed up as a nation. It's still to come in the next 3 years. The Olympic bid is a good laughing start.

October 20, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Trae

Stop hating on Oprah. Sarah Palin is a fool in the worst way possible. I am pissed Oprah will be wasting space on my DVR with this simple minded person.

PS BO is not killing this country, please don't forget the killing of this country started with BUSH.............

October 20, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  92. zzzzz

Palin is a heavy-duty Evangelical Christian who has few original thoughts/ideas of her own. Too bad she always follows the Repub. party line. I would like to see Palin go on stage without a wireless earpiece and answer O's questions regarding being a sell-out.
    Also would like an answer to how her AK natural resource policy was "not a conflict of interest" with hubby working for British Petroleum.
    So many questions–so little time!

October 20, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  93. reem

wow palin just keeps on gaining attetion i remeber in the elections she some said the stupidist things but other times she said smart thing strange that palin

nice person though would love to meet her

October 20, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Scott in Jax

Hey Rick in Ft lauderale – Apparently you don't have the smarts to pen Lauderdale. Or to pen not.

October 20, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jojo

anyone who watches Oprah are losers.

October 20, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Harry

My my, look at all the haters, lol....

Good thing she's coming out with this book so all of you can deflect your frustration with the lack of "change" this administration has brought us. Quick, attack Palin.

It's like Christmas in November.

October 20, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Wendy

oh boy oprah, why don't you think about the people....she's hurt enough already and now you're gonna let her ruin everything....i can't get over it....and what about obama? nobody even cares about him anymore

October 20, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  98. PS

Unfortunately, I thought Oprah was smarter than that. I know more street people who have more intelligent things to say than Sara Palin. Someone who would quit in the middle of her term is usually a quitter. She probably knew she wouldn't be re-elected. Her moral judements leave a lot to be desired. I would never use her as a role model for my children. I won't be watching.

October 20, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Curtis

Oprah – remember to use small words when you talk to her.

October 20, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jere

All of you Libs....please relax, the media has taken care of Palin. No need to fear her anymore. Mao Tse Obama and company will make sure there is nothing left when their ONE term is done. Enjoy your trust funds while they last!

October 20, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Jan T. Lee

I am looking forward to watching the show. Palin will tell it like it is and be honest. Sarah Palin is intelligent. She sees things for what they are. At least she does not kiss up to Obama like Oprah and many of the news stations do. FOX News is the only news station worth watching, that is honest with the country and does not cover up what needs to be said to the American people.

October 20, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  102. WLH

I hope Oprah asks Sarah what magazines or newspapers she reads....maybe she will have an answer this time

October 20, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Tamra

Come on Oprah, don't play around with this one. Ask her questions that we really want to know. I am not interested in her book.

October 20, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  104. AM

Is "Going Rogue: An American Life" on your reading list?

Will you watch Oprah November 16th?

October 20, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  105. d osullivan

Ratings, ratings, ratngs...That is what it is about. If the media would stop covering Palin, she would go away but her staying power is remarkable because she represents a large portion of America who think that no matter how smart (or not smart)you are or how experienced you are, if you are for conservative right wing politics, you can run a country.

Now, has Palin shown any expertise in running her family who have had unmarried preganacy, alleged drugs, a really poor example for mothering a special needs child by being out of it's life most of the time., quitting her job as governor???,No.

Everyone has the right to pursue what they feel is their destiny. Unfortunately those of us who think differently have to accept that.
    Let's hope most of the people in the United States are able to watch a popular TV show that will hopefully not be obviously biased toward a personal candidate and be able to hear or understand that Palin is for Palin, not America.Palin is for money, not economic survival for America but she represents many Americans in her thoughts as Oprah represents many African Americans in her thoughts. Both are biased in their opinions.Both control what people think in different ways.

I voted for Obama and I am certainly not a supporter of Palin, but she draws the media and the people in because this is a country that thrives on celebrity and the media has made her a celebrity and she loves it.

October 20, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Sylvia

The only reason people dont like Palin are because of ignorance. She was not given an opportunity. Once it was announce that she was the running for VP the left wing media hunted her down and critique her every move. There are things at the moment that need main media attention and is not happening, which tells me that is biased. I wish Palin success, I think she has owned and people are too quick to judge.

October 20, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jennifer

I don't have cable so no I won't watch but yes her book is on my reading list. I'm not very involved in politics at all, I wouldn't even know to consider myself a R or a D but I think she's an interesting person and it will make for an interesting read. Yes, my husband also thinks I'm crazy.

October 20, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  108. James

Alan,

You're damn right we are scared of anyone with Palin's beliefs! She an idiot who believes that God is the answer to everything and that fear mongering is a better option than education and debate.

October 20, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  109. B. Mills

I totally agree with you Lela. Also, Rusty; please tell me how Barack is killing our country. This country went down the drain when your boy Bush sneaked his way into office.

October 20, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Randy

How can Rick from Ft Lauderdale understand the meaning of smarts when he cannot spell the name of the city he lives in. Wise up Rick! You might learn something.

October 20, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  111. DMR

Palin would lose in a battle of wits, with herself.

October 20, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Steve

Why is it that racism displayed by whites is abominable and the unpardonable sin, but racism displayed by any other "minority" is fully acceptable? In my opinion, there's more racism against whites now than any other group, yet it's acceptable because they had it coming, didn't they?

October 20, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Julie

Palin quit her job as governor to which she was elected by the people to peddle her wares... I had next to no respect for her during the election. I now have none. In what way is it patriotic to quit the job that you spent millions of dollars of your constituents money being elected to? She's a fraud on so many levels, not even close to a "maverick"...

October 20, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  114. bosah

Some of the arguments advance by folks in this forum, reaks of intellectual dwarfism. Left, Right or Center are nothing but trademarks/labels used by folks to earn their living. It is the poorly educated and unenlightened that fight these culture wars. Last time I checked James Carvile and Mary Matalin always go home together every day after work. For them it is just an intellectual jamboree. Wake up folks and stop stressing. It is not a do or die affair.

October 20, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  115. 10 ways to hate Sarah Palin

1st let me say I'm not an Oprah fan. She's an opportunist, an ego-maniac, talks about being rich – WAY TOO MUCH, and a 'know it all!' Sarah Palin is simply a 'Ding Dong!' Hannah – look at TV, do some kind of research or whatever you do to be misinformed before you type. Oprah only helping black people – Really – is that why her audience is all white all the time! Is that why Dr., Phil, Dr. Oz, Rachel Ray all of have TV shows, where are the black people???? Black people didn't make her powerful – white people did. This is nothing more than for publicity for both of them, Sarah wants book sales, Oprah can provide that – What's the problem!

October 20, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  116. seth

Sarah Palin is a joke. And for all the right-wing religious zealots who support/ed her....makes me question your intellect.

October 20, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  117. ALAN

Racists?

your party has been lying to the "poor and downtrodden" for 50+ yrs........"vote for us and we will make your life much better"

and they still believe your BS

October 20, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  118. LELA Wilson

To all of those, Oprah is suppose to stand up for Blacks, if she doesn't who else will? Certainly not Sarah Palin. And if Oprah is a racist, then Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and every other anchor on Fox news is.
    I can wait to see Palin, put her tombstone on her own grave that she already dugged during the '08 election on Oprah show. Thanks Oprah for contributing to the demise of Sarah Palin.

October 20, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Cassandra, York, PA

Rusty,,

Yeah our country was doing so GOOD BEFORE Barack...I mean George Bush did what my grandparents would call a "bang-up job"

Yea!

October 20, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Buffy

Oh Grandma Palin, unable and unwilling to handle the pressures of public office. Although, you have no problem with the voluntary stresses of the public eye. All while becoming wrapped up in your own self promoted media book tour to help further our own opportunistic ventures. Whatever it takes to put that grand kid through college right?

October 20, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Sandy Holmes

Oprah is well spoken, articulate and educated. Sarah Palin; the same. I believe Oprah will give Sarah Palin a platform to promote herself and her new book and the cat fight everyone is hoping for will never happen. Come on people, these are both great ladies and anything either one of them has to say, is worth listening to.

October 20, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  122. ALAN

Hey Bandit,

I guess 63 million is the same as 53 million the way your administration spends money.

Get it?

October 20, 2009 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  123. bo

While poor people fight the culture bait designed by the wealthy, the rich folks are focused on their bottom line. It is a mutual benefit alliance of the inducted.

October 20, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Wendy

This oughta be a hoot. Good for Oprah....her ratings will skyrocket on 11/16 because viewers, like myself, will be glued to the screen. It's like passing a car wreck...you can't help but stare.

October 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Bandit

Sara Paling, is pimping herself and all those sick right wingers. I believe that right wingers like to be pimped and lied to and that’s why they will read this pimps book. I am glad that 63 million-plus Americans voted to keep her and those right wing racist out of our government. Yes, Carl, Cindy, and Angie you F&^%$*g stop crying! In about 4 years President Obama will be reelected and I then Hillary will take the Presidency in 2016. So enjoy the beat down.

October 20, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Betsy Dornbusch

I can't stand either woman, so no. Won't be watching. Waste of airtime.

October 20, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  127. ALAN

Reading thru the posts, I continue to be amazed as just how scared the liberals are of not just Sarah Palin, but anyone who has her beliefs. If it were not true, the left would not care. You can always tell who folks are afraid of the most.

October 20, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Carlo Lopez

Well now sheis going to the Oprah show. Normlly when some writes a book they go there. To make the book a best seller. Funny.

October 20, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  129. LedZep

She reminds me of the movie dumb and dumber. She plays both roles.

October 20, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Sarah Who?

Can't wait to see what kind of stupidity falls out of her mouth this time. Maverick, rougue, gee what other wild west words does she know? Gosh darn it Sarah, can't you just fade into oblivion?

October 20, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Betty

I say for every one that does not Sarah Palin, do not watch the show. Oh but, you will. You don't live with the lady, you are not a friend of her's, so how can you judge her? I know, you believe everything you read from other bone-heads. Good grief, get a life!!

October 20, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Tumisang phutimpe

Two thoroughly conventional hypocrites one can only wonder

October 20, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  133. LA in AL

Oprah v Palin = Corporate Profits

October 20, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Steve

She's sold out to sell a couple books.

October 20, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  135. IntenseCA

On my reading list? Not a chance. Actually, her nomination for VP candidate by McCain was an insult to women everywhere. He figured women would vote for her just because she was a female.

October 20, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Ron

I'm not a Republican nor am I fond of Palin, but I certainly hope Oprah does not resort to attacking her. This country needs a whole lot more civil discourse and less name calling.

October 20, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Rusty

Palin rocks. Anyone but BO, he's killing our country. Go Sarah!!!!!!!!

October 20, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  138. PStevens

this should be interesting...wonder why she didnt go on the view.

October 20, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  139. jim

What can Sarah say that could possibly make her look less remarkable than she already is. What a disgrace to women and to the American pewople. We deserve better! I am so glad McCain chose her because it gave the Republicans the back seat they all deserve. She fizzled out at the same rate she sizzled on. YIKES! SHE IS SCARY!

October 20, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Melissa

Oprah, much like Wal-Mart, has a direct link to the cause of the general demise of US society today. She's a pious, uber-liberal, loud mouthed, ego maniacal freak with a Mother Theresa complex and should have all of her broadcasting privileges removed in this country.

October 20, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Shannon

I will absolutely watch! I can't look away from a trainwreck!

October 20, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  142. MinBk

Sounds like someone is desperate for ratings.....

October 20, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Hannah

Way to go Aggie! Oprah needs to go away, not Sarah Palin. At least Sarah stands up for everyone, unlike Oprah who only stands up for Blacks.

October 20, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Cheryl

They;'re just using each other for publicity. Imagine that!!!!!

October 20, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Leon

Please. Oprah is a fake, just like Couric and all the rest of the Democratic, Obama loving media. Why Palin is wasting her time with this egomaniac is beyond me. Oprah should spend her time with Michelle Pbamna trying to get the Olympics to Chicago....Oh wait, she already tried that and FAILED.

October 20, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Milt

This furthur confims that when the Far right peddles all of this fake outrage,base appealling ,race bating sentiment. that borders on Un-patriotic.This also proves the real goal is self interest ,wealth and profit.This is a free country and I can't knock the woman for making a living. Palin however critized Oprah in the past regarding the coverage leading up to the election yet she is wise enough to recognize the power of oprah when it comes to a book release or any product fr that matter.

So please let's see Palin for what she is a " A Star" or even a fad but not someone that is to be taken seriously for higher office

October 20, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Cindy

I can't wait to watch. Maybe Oprah will let her speak and educate viewers. But then again Oprah is drunk on Barry Obama....so it may be futile for Sarah.

October 20, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Carl

GO SHARA!
    Don't hold anything back.Don't pay attention to what some people have said about you.There are some people who are scared of you because you tell the truth and they don't want to hear the truth.
    Stand you ground and defend yourself.

October 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Susan

oh blah, why does the media continue to give her air time? Oh Oprah, tsk tsk!

October 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Ten from CT

I wonder if it'll be anything like the Katie Couric interview, lmao

October 20, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Aggie

October 20, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  152. CJ-Jax

Why is Oprah giving this air-head any attention?
    The Palin clan, reference intended, should just fade into the sunset; the nation would be better for it.

October 20, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Rick in Ft lauderale

I won't read anything not authored by the "given" author. Palin does nto have the smarts to pen a book!! It's fake. You don't buy fake gucci; you shouldn't buy "fake" books!

October 20, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  154. carl clark

Catfight! Can I dare to dream?

October 20, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Coco

I hope Oprah calls her out for being a fear mongering bigot.

October 20, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |