October 20th, 2009

Chris Brown to hit the road on 'Fan Appreciation' tour

In between completing 1,400 hours of court-ordered community service for doing you-know-what to you-know-who, Chris Brown will be rehearsing his moves for a 19-city "Fan Appreciation" tour.  Taking place in small venues around the country, the trek is designed to thank followers for their ongoing support.  The journey kicks off November 14 in Houston, and wraps up in New York City a month later.

While on the road, Brown plans to visit participants in a program called Best Buddies International, and has opted to donate a portion of his proceeds to the foundation - which was founded in 1989 by Eunice Kennedy Shriver, and bills itself as the world's largest non-profit organization devoted solely to providing friendship, jobs and leadership opportunities to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Here are the tour dates:

• November 14 – Houston, TX
  • December 11 – Baltimore, MD
  • December 12 – Wallingford, CT
  • December 13 – Philadelphia, PA
  • December 15 – New York, NY

« Previous entry
  1. Gern

I wonder if he'll do some Michael Jackson tribute songs. Here are a few suggestions:

Beat It
    Off the Wall
    Wanna Be Startin' Something'
    Smooth Criminal
    Bad
    She's Out of My Life

October 22, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. LoveTV

Do we really want to pay to see this man? I mean I wasn't feeling him before the Rhianna incident and I'm still not feeling him. I always thought he was a little on the bubble gum side.

October 22, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ron

@Cecil, you're absolutely right. it took two of them. Chris Brown's swinging and Rihanna's face there to take the punches.

Give me a break. That man has at least 80 lbs of muscle on her. Doesn't matter what she did, he had no right to lay hands on her the way he did.

Does he deserve another chance? I would say he deserves another opportunity but until he proves real remorse, I won't be buying his music for my nephews and nieces nor will I be attending any of his concerts.

October 22, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Debra R

actually Rob & Wayne: You are missing the point. The more we condone the behavior the more accepted it becomes. A man who beats a woman ...a boxer who rapes a woman...a movie director who rapes a child...a football player who abuses animals.... real men do not do these things...there are all kinds of monsters in this world and they are not welcome in my home, or to my business.

October 22, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. wayne

who else is on the tour? Michael Vick?

October 21, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kat

Hey.. How many doctors, lawyers, and other song writers and preformers have hit someone.. The point I'm trying to make is that he got caught... Would you stop seeing your doctor if her was abusing his wife?.. and how would you know if it was not publicied.... We need to give him another chance to do his "JOB". His life should not stop... He is following the punishment pasts down by the courts.. So we really, need to get off his back. B/c I love his music and hers....

October 21, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Britney...

Ew. HIM?
    I dunno, but i still havent forgiven him for what he did to Rhianna. One of my best friends is still a fan, but i think that i still need some time. Anyways, hes not stopping in Ohio, so im all good. (:

October 21, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Rob

This country is about second chances, right/ So why not let him have his? If your favorite athlete commits assault, or is involved in a shooting, or goes to a Vegas club and is responsible for the murder of another person, all is forgiven and you support your athletes team. If a movie star gets charged, I bet you still run out and watch his movies. The guy is sorry, he apologized, and is serving his sentence.. He's going to counseling, and everything.. Let him have his career back.

October 21, 2009 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Debra R

don't you find it ironic that the title of this is "hit" the road...that's what got him in trouble in the first place....

October 21, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Gina

What is evident about mankind period, is that all of us have problems. Some are more in the open than others...but this kid is no different than you or I. What he did is mess up. Anyone on this post not ever do anything worthy of judgement? He needs forgiveness just as you would, or his life will never be acceptable to anyone. What would you want to happen to you if you were in his shoes?

October 21, 2009 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. c

looks like he wont be coming to OK either....
    dont approve of what he did, but i do have to consider that she had "put her self in a mans position" and hit him first? or even on other occassions.but yeah snooping thru a cell phone does NOT warrant a beat down....even if she did hit him first, he should have either gotten away from the situation or even tried to hold/restrain her..but ideally just walk/ run away...dont get yourself into trouble.
    chris, do your community service and take this opportunity to make it right.

October 21, 2009 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. tjthompson

To much Too soon. That is the problem with a lot of celebrities. If you have issues before the money, they do not go away. They may be shelved for a while, but will eventually manifest. If she is not healed she will only become a victim again. It is her issue just as much as his, although I will never blame the victim. After all the attraction was mutual.

October 20, 2009 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cecil

Give the poor guy a break, honestly it takes two to make love and it takes two to have a fight. Chris Brown is doing everything the law has requested to do, and I'm sure he has learned the lesson the hard way, so please give this guy a break, everyone makes mistakes, some small, some big, some costly.

As for me I would say: Go Forward in life Chris Brown, and best of luck in everything you will do to win your fans back.

October 20, 2009 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sean

Yay! No Colorado stops! Yaaaaaay!
    (So glad I live in a state with standards!)

October 20, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. O'Dell

I wasn't aware that the brother had any fans.

October 20, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Carolb

I will go to his concert this happens every day I'm confused with why everyone is up set. No one had a problem when she went after his money. She also hit him she can give as good as she gets. She should have been charged like he was. Fell sorry for the women that are charged every day for assault not her.

October 20, 2009 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. K Butler

Well, I won't be attending this concert.

October 20, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |