October 16th, 2009

TLC sues Jon Gosselin!

This just in to the Showbiz Tonight newsroom- we just received this release from TLC regarding their lawsuit against Jon Gosselin:

TLC announced today it has filed a lawsuit against Jon Gosselin for breaching the contract he signed for the production of “Jon & Kate Plus Eight.”

The network has been trying privately and patiently for months to get Jon to honor the contract he signed and to comply with his obligations relating to public appearances and statements.   Those efforts have been unsuccessful.

The Washington, DC law firm of Williams & Connolly LLP has been retained to represent the network in the litigation.

For more on this breaking story, tune in to Showbiz Tonight at 11pm ET/PT on HLN- don’t miss it!

1. Kate

Doesn't TLC stand for 'The Learning Channel?" What exactly are we learning here folks? This is all ridiculous and shameful.

October 20, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John

Why is it always the guys fault. How can you blame him for cheating on a woman like that. Pretty sure she and the hired security guy were once accused of having an affair as well, how quickly we forget.

October 20, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Balloon Boy

Who's the bigger d-bag: Jon Gosselin or Richard Heene?

October 20, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dee in Canada

Dr. Phil
    Where RU?
    Hopefully you will be there in about 10 years for these 8 kids who will really need your wise counsel.
    Jon and Kate you did this to yourselves! No sympathy for any of you.

October 20, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Janae

I agree with Cathy, I've heard way too much about all of them. Stupid reality shows.

October 19, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dan

So much of contract law is based on the reasonnable man standard;
    Yes he may have breached the contract, But could a reasonnable man see that the show was danaging,

And in PA you can't seperate JON and Kate; They are one legal person. So, if you make a contract with one; you make a contreact with both.

I do not see a court granting legal remedy. Most contracts which are excuted outside of the public sector are based on the Uniform Commercil Code; which pplies to entire US.

In addition, with so much precedent to argue this a thicket. What will
    occurr is: the new contract will not be enfore until the old contract is litigated, I have been there.

October 19, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dan

The show is dead. Even if it returns the ambiance is blown, I an willing to blame John for most of this. However, after all, perhaps he just got tired and frustrated: I mean Kate is never home,

I mean implied in the marriage vows is is put the the relationship frst.
    Perhaps they both got greedy,and this the result. But then aren't reality shows all about the strange and pitiful?

October 19, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  8. Nancy

How come nobody gets that the first and only rule of the entertainment industry is that there's no such thing as "bad publicity"? So Jon & Kate aren't going away anytime soon as long as we all keep following the publicity that THEY are creating. Get it? And, hey, this is America!

October 18, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. previous fan

why is everyone blaming jon, kate is guilty too. I think kate needs to stop the show it will be better for the kids. I also think she needs to grow up. they need to stop just blaming jon kate is as guilty as jon. I think that it will be best for the kids, if they stop the show. It is kate that does not want to stop the show ,but jon is trying to protect his kids and end the show.

October 17, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sharon

I am confused as to if Jon quit or was fired from TLC? I remember watching Jon on one of his many talk shows saying" I thought I better quit, before TLC fires Me." This must of been when TLC was telling him to cool his heels or get off the show. Jon was having such a good time being in the lime light, he didnt want to cool anything. I thought he quit. That is how TLC can sue him, right? For breaking his contract. Because if he was fired they would not have a case. Jon contradicts himself so often, I cant keep up. They got him on tape during talks of them separating when he said" He hated the tabloids for printing un true things about him that his kids will someday read,(SAID with tears in his eyes). And at that time he said" It was the first and last tabloid he would ever read. Now less then half a year later He is in every tabloid out there telling all his dirty laundry and claims to be friends with all the guys taking pictures. He brags about being only second to Micheal Jackson in being on the news and tabloid covers. The only way I will feel bad for him, is if it is some medical condition causing him to act the way he is acting. I wish I never fell in love with the show and the kids. But now I have, I really do care about their future and I do feel the show, inspite of all the bad publicity , has taught everyone watching, to learn from their mistakes and take the good not the bad from the show, to apply to our own families. They need to watch their own re runs and see where they both made mistakes. When the kids get older, hopefully they will be caught up in all memories of trips and opportunities that TLC gave them and block out all the negative behavoir that came with their parents separation.

October 17, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sharon

I completely agree with Brenda,Sher, Ralph,Leah and Lynn. You all said what I feel. When the show started I liked all the Gosselins even Kate and Jon with all their faults. I believed in Live and let Live, no one is perfect. I am ashamed to admit I even stood up for Jon and believed he was not quilty of infidelity with the teacher in his car late at night. I was so proud of myself for sticking to the belief that if you can t say something nice, dont say anything at all. And I did my best to stand up to all attacks on the Gosselin family. But after watching Jon do the things,hes doing not only to Kate and the kids, but to himself once he got the freedom he wanted so badly. I realized there wasnt anything nice to say in Jons behalf. Kate needs all the support she can get to continue what she started 4 years ago for her kids. Just because Jon is a Quitter, she can show her kids, SHE IS NOT!. And she will do whatever it takes to secure their future. I will not be surprised if the next headlines we all read is " JON DUMPS(Quits) HAILEY GLASSMAN FOR HIS NEW BFs DAUGHTER LINSEY LOHAN" Warning to all fathers with daughters in their 20s Do Not be friend Jon Gosselin.
    Run Linsey Run ! And I want to Thank TLC for doing Jon& KatePlus 8 show,for those of us that enjoyed sharing in their Reality , Its a shame Jon turned the show around when HIs reality turned to being a single man instead of father of eight. He definitely broke the contract he made 4 years ago with TLC, Kate and his kids. I myself would Love if TLC kept Kate Plus 8 going for a few more years, or atleast enough time for them to make up the money Jon has spent tearing their family apart. Sorry Jon! When you Wake Up from this dream you got going for yourself. You will wish you never said " I want to be just Jon" without the Kate plus 8. GO TLC!!!!!!!!!

October 17, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. c

thank GOD tlc is pulling the plug on the show, no more "kate plus 8" not a jon fan, but kate was too much especially her whining about being robbed, leaving only $1k to pay bills, when you KNOW she has more stashed back, 1 million on book deal, the hair, nails,shoes/clothes for HERSELF. jon too has not been acting like a proper dad, w/ his mid life crisis/party boy style either, not excusing him. now maybe that the show will be no more, BOTH need to get real jobs, and yes kate im talking to you, nurses make decent $. jon, your background in technology/computers, you should have no issues either. i feel for the kids, but no more show will be best for them.

October 16, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kat

TLC – The Learning Channel ?????????????????

What have I learned? Let's see.......................where to begin

How to lie, How to cheat, How to steal. How to belittle someone you love, How to worship myself, How to put my monetary wants above everyone else, the list goes on and on.......

Oh yeah, it definetly a learning channel....................TLC, thank you for teaching me so many helpful things......... you are something else....you suck.

October 16, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rissa Anne

So if Jon and Kate are EMPLOYEES of the show doesn't that make the children EMPLOYEES of the show? Looks like TLC should be fully prepared for a counterclaim on the children's behalf.

I don't agree with either Jon or Kate's decision about putting their children on television, plenty of people support their OWN children without putting them on television.

This is beyond ridiculous.

October 16, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

Does anyone realize what will happen in a few years when these kids can Google themselves or the parents. Imagine reading all this crap about your childhood and finally coming to an understanding if any what really happened. They will need the money because I tell you now those kids will need some serious counselling. Not to mention the media frenzy but who really knows what they saw in their own home. It will never go away, what is put on the Internet stays on the internet...FOREVER.....God help them all.

October 16, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sue

Kate,
    Just remember that your ALL your kids are going to grow into adults and god forbid they don't trun out the way there parents have.
    But you learn by example.Not by what your told.Just think about that.

October 16, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. MC

Jon, now is the time to counter sue. Now is the time to make this whole mess into something positive. Turn the tables around on this faceless, soul less money making network, TLC. Have the laws changed on child labor laws guarding children on reality shows. Show your kids that something good can come out of this mess. Laws change all the time. Your kids should of never been used for entertainment. TLC used your vulnerability at a time when things looked dismal for you and your wife and more kids than any human should have at once. The network used your children with the lure of money. If you go up against these assholes and somehow be instrumental in instilling new labor laws, you will be doing something that will forever change the rules and these networks will think twice before destroying another family. TLC is a cancer on society. They need a dose of radiation.

October 16, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jenni

This is no different then any other "nasty" divorce that goes on at all. The only thing is that people like us fuel the fire by actually caring what these strangers do! Did any of us ever get this involved with a friend or family member's divorce? Kate was too much a a brow beating wife and Jon was too much of a "laisser faire" dad, so they both deserve what they get.

October 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. GoogleFu

Through some online searching, I came up with this link to the actually lawsuit. It appears that the breach of contract isn't totally related to the filming of the show, but rather to other things he's done which apparently violates his contract. See below.

radaronline.com/sites/default/files/JonKateLawsuit.pdf

October 16, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Cheryl

While it was Cute everyone loved the show...Now real life reares its ugly head and now its not so Cute. Life isn't Cute forever...bumps in the road and stuff happens.
    If I had eight kids and a dope of a husband, call me whatever you want, but she made the best of it and still is. He on the other hand is doing what men do when the going gets tough (or they have lots of money) they leave and find someone to "play" with.
    I give her credit for trying to ride out the storm of stupidity on Jons part and provide for her kids. Ask any divorced woman she will tell you it is tough, no matter how much money you have being left alone with the responsibility for kids, dogs, bills, home repairs, car repairs, flat tires it just isn't any fun.

October 16, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lovesstupidpeople

The Gosselin family netted about $2.25 million during the show's four years.
    I don’t feel sorry for them one bit.

October 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. KC

Do Jon and Kate not remember how to work and earn a paycheck. For god sake, she's a registered nurse and he's and Prof. Tech. Both those jobs pay excellent wages. Enough to raise 8 kids.

October 16, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kcbird

I am thrilled that TLC is suing Jon – and I hope they win. I love following the story – good, bad or ugly. The 8 wonderful kids seem to be doing fine with the show. They have bonded with, the camera crews that they are familiar with, and I think they really enjoy all the trips they have gone on because of the show. You are all keeping up with it – so shame on you for being hypocrytical. Don't read about it if you don't like it. I do hope there will be some sort of show with Kate and the kids, and if Jon wants a part – that would be fine, too. It's reality – this is real. Even if Kate was a bit overbearing to Jon, he really is over-compensating with his new lifestyle – he should slow down, think about it. His attorney is AWFUL, too. I can't stand to see him or hear him speak.

October 16, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Tampa, FL

Jon is a loser. Kate is much better off without him. And about her bossy ways when they were married. Someone had to wear the pants, make things happen, stay organized; his lifeless pathetic demeanor was a complete turnoff. Kate stepped up. If it were the other way around, Jon would have been hailed as the hero. But because kate is a woman, she is perceived as controlling, bossy, agressive.

Kudos to you Kate for stepping up when your useless loser husband didn't. Where are all the women's organizations stepping up for Kate? NOW? Kate is your poster child!

October 16, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Meme

Jon and Kate got very difficult to watch after Jon had to quit his job to do "the show" full-time. They completely lost sight of the fact that they sold out their family for fame and greed. The show lost all credibility when Jon and Kate need nannies, full time chefs and bodyguards – not reality TV at all.
    TLC highlighted how misearable Kate was to Jon – how come TLC didn't show Kate's breast enhancement – OMG, did she have to pay for that herself??? BOO HOO. Maybe Kate show go back to crying on the TODAY show – how many of us can take $180k out of our checking account and then cry about how to pay the bills. Having 8 kids shouldn't make this people millionaires.

October 16, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dan

First of all neither has been nice. Watching Kate cry that she can't fed her kids was a farce. SHE'S THE MONEY MAKER. Second a pox on TLC for have the stupidity for puting the in the contract

October 16, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ducky

I think the show should go on. Those TLC producers and production assistants are probably the only stable adults in those kid's lives...

October 16, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Melinda

TLC has made Jon and Kate millionaires on the backs of their children.TLC should let Jon and Kate quietly disappear – EVERYBODY is sick of having nothing else to watch on TLC but them. Since when does having 8 kids make you a star???

October 16, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Marj

Anyone who has raised kids knows that it is not easy. With eight children it would be 8 times harder. And if only one parent is being responsible, it becomes really bad. You have to be the tough parent because that is the one the kids need most. Kate had to step up because Jon was not doing the job. Maybe Kate seemed mean sometimes, but it seems maybe there was a reason. They seem like well-adjusted happy little kids. Jon just wanted his freedom and his fame. Kate may want her 15 minutes too, but she seems more responsible and not a cheat!

October 16, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lynn

I saw a post where someone put poor kids and another put they're exploiting their kids. NO THEY ARE NOT. Are the Duggars exploiting their kids? No. If they agree to do a tv show to show their family since a lot of people would find it interesting with them having so many children and it helps them to provide for their enormous families. There is nothing exploitive about this and I'm sick of hearing people, even celebrities and news show hosts say things like this. People are so bad about hearing one say something without merit so they just become a follower and think that's what people want to hear so they stupidly, baselessly say it too thinking they are going to get kudos from people for their comments. It would be heard to feed and clothe a family of 10 or 20 on normal incomes. Who wouldn't take an offer to make a tv show. There is nothing exploitive about this show to those kids. Exploitive is what Brooke Shields mother did to her as a child actor and a role that Dakota Fanning's had her play. Sexually inapproprioate for children. This is a totally different scenario that the Goesslin children are doing.

October 16, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Parisian

Hmm. Let's see – Jon is STILL married, right? That being said, he FLAUNTS his immoral ways for all to see. How many girls now? Earrings? Wild parties? And people actually feel sorry for this guy? He gets what he deserves, and at this rate, he will get NOTHING. You go Kate! I think that she has been hard on him, HOWEVER, we do not see her partying and sleeping with every man that looks at her!

October 16, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ed

The only sad thing I see is that so many of you care about this. I don't know the REAL Jon and Kate and I could care less. Do none of you guys have real lives? I have my own kids to tend to and I'm sick of seeing all of the Jon/Kate coverage. I do hope the best for those kids but beyond that its none of my business and I wish I could keep it that way. This is CNN...not TMZ. Please keep this trash off the real news sites.

October 16, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. cinthomas

Yes, but they are NOT keeping their divorce out of the media. The guy pulls stunt after stunt, making sure he and his divorce are in the public limelight. They may as well be doing the show. At least they are earning a living that way. Heck at this point they could leave the kids out and go on the air (just Jon and Kate) bickering and they'd probably have an audience.

October 16, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tanya

jennifer–you really think that men cheat because women do something wrong? that just seems ridiculous. if they aren't happy, why not just get out of the relationship?? people cheat for many different reason and none of them are good. get out of the relationship before cheating. that being said, i can't stand kate. but i am sick of hearing about these two. i feel bad for the kids.

October 16, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Topoyillo

I can only hope that Jon and Kate can resolve this amicably. This show must go on. The children need the cash and the show is such a big part of me that I feel part of the family.
    Lets all root for them straightening this thing out.

October 16, 2009 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jim

I hate to be the only guy on this but wow, have any of you watched the show and see how she treated him, he had to get outta there and she is a nightmare. Shame on the both for having that many kids first of all.

October 16, 2009 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Robert

I only have 3 words to say on their entire saga. I DON"T CARE!!!

October 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Steve/Nevada

These people need to go away and deal with their situation in private. Then and only then should they reappear on TV. It's all about the money-it's not about the kids anymore!

October 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Charles

Why are we spending time on this nonsense? There are far more important things to worrry about, such as healthcare and the economy. This is so stupid and senseless behavior for presumably grown people. Enough !!

October 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mike

you should have felt badly for the kids when you were at home sitting on your butt watching them on TV

October 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. M.K.

Wow, seriously, people on here, WOMEN no less, are blaming Kate for Jon cheating on her??? Sure, she's not perfect, no one is perfect, but no woman is to blame for a cheating husband. Those vows are sacred. Ladies, please get some self-respect. No man should cheat on you, and if he does, dump him, divorce him, whatever. No woman needs a man. I have never settled for anything less than 100% loyalty in a partner, and now I have a wonderful marriage to a fantastic husband, who loves me even when I get "bossy". I'm so glad I didn't settle and I hope no one else out there settles either.

October 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. tony

I am sooooo sick of these two. John and Kate are both a bunch of selfish, money-grubbing media whores. The constant disagreements and sniping back and forth is really nauseating. I feel very sorry for their kids. Don't either of them care enough about their kids to keep their dirty laundry out of the press? I wish the jude in their "divorce" case would issue a gag order on both of them to save us from further needless John and Kate drama!

October 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. mike torrance

it looks like an unfair fight for jon battle for his childern with kate and tlc what is that network thinking they have no moral center and their bring ing kate too look like a pet for them and the childern as the litter for the world to watch

October 16, 2009 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Cindy

Good for TLC. This guy is a trrain wreck. Maybe someday he will wake up and see how his selfishness affects others.

October 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sick of tv media

Why is the media giving such attention to breeders who want nothing more than public attention?! Their personal lives are not news worthy items. Does America really need to know all the details that are hurting these 10 people's lives – I certainly don't!

October 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lindz

I find it simply amazing how much Jon used to be less concerned about the plublicity before the divorce. Now that his actions and his wife are begining to be harmful to the children, since they are over exposing their issue to the world, which intails parents and children of the Gosslen kids friends to be "in the know" about whats going on Jon now wants the shown shut down. I know it must me a shame Jon, to loss you TLC paycheck and think possing in your Ed Harding shirts will pay your bills and help pay for you 2 new cars and you skank on a girlfriend. But i do have a better idea, maybe once your done with the limelight of your failed marriage and 16yr old behavior it might be a good idea to go find a job for the massive child support your going to begin having to shovel out! Oh and by the way, lay off the "poor me" act, it does grow tiring watching TV and feeling the irritation of just about every talk show host whos interviewing you, they don't care either, they just want a chance to make you like even more of an a** then you already are. :)

October 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Melanie

Kate deserves everything she is getting. Most people would act differently when the cameras are around, perhaps dress nicer, clean your house, act lovingly to one another. If we see the censored version of Kate, I can't imagine what she acted like when the cameras weren't there. Jon should have never said "I do." She is NUTS!!!!!

October 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. George

pfft!

October 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ED

Great news – maybe TLC suing Jon is what is needed for this spoiled brat man/child to finally grow up. It's no wonder that Kate interacted with him the way she did.

October 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ellen melchiondo

There ought to be a law against parents prosituting their own children with a TV show company being the pimp.

October 16, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Leah

In reference to a lot of people on tv saying they are sick of Jon and Kate and they aren't celebrities. Well I got news for you they had a tv show, they are celebrities. I just feel sorry for Kate because of all that Jon is doing and saying about her. And for him to say that the show isn't a documentary, that a lot of it is staged. He's trying to totally ruin the show and Kate. I'm glad TLC is suing. It would have to be staged to a certain extent at least to get them to activities together for a show. If they just followed 8 kids running around the house it would get boring, but it's still them doing things as a family always. I used to always notice how Jon would sit on the couch and roll his eyes when Kate was talking about their day on the couch at the end of the show each time and they were supposed to be happily married then, but I would think, how disrespectful and demeaning to her he was to do that.

October 16, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  52. IDemandSatisfaction

I want the 5 minutes of my life back after reading this article, and some of these comments.

October 16, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ugh

Who cares?

October 16, 2009 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jon

The only reason that Jon and Kate have any money in the first place was because of the TLC show. Therefore, you can't blame TLC for "taking the food out of the mouths of 8 children" if the parents don't live up to their end of the deal. You can't exploit your children for profit and then complain when you don't fulfill your legal obligations. Tough break Jon...guess you'll have to get a real job like a normal person.

October 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Ray Wilson

They made 75,000.00 per show.. you think they could suck it up for an hour or two a week.

October 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  56. bored

How is this national news? Why do we, Americans, care so much about this kind of crap, i.e. entertainment news?

October 16, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Mindless

Who $*(%&$ cares! Sick of thise BS... these people should resolve their issues in private....

October 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Leah

I was disgusted by Star Jones comment that both parents are abusing the kids. All I've ever seen from Kate indicates that she is a very good mother. All we know is Jon is acting like a total jerk trying to screw Kate over. And he's trying to screw the kids over too, so his new girlfriend can have a lot of money and so he can prove to his new girlfriend that he hates Kate and loves her. He's acting so high school. She is handling this terrible situation that she has been forced into so well from everything that I've seen. She refuses to say anything bad about him still. She is taking the high road, what he is really doing is screwing himself and making a lot of enemies, like with TLC, deliberately violating a contract because he no longer wants to be a family and is jealous of Kate.

October 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. andrew from Canada

Everyone is hating Jon it seems. Why is he the only one to lie. No. Kate is just better at it. I'm sure when jon took her money that she had no money left to pay the bills, come on she's written numerous books and goes on talk shows every chance she gets. Jon may lie and make stupid statements off the cuff, but kate is very methodical in her lies, she's the vindictive one with the team of lawyers cultivating her image, and by the way she should owe jon half of all her book sales and appearances since under the law he is entitled to it. Everything they have, their money her books is because of them both not just Kate. And if jon would get a good lawyer he would find he had every right to shut down the show. If the show tried to squeeze him out "Kate plus 8" that's in effect trying to squeeze him out of the family, and that's not right to do to any mother or father.

October 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Kathy

Robin, Did Kate not cheat on Jon? She is a shrew and is only in it for the money not for the kids.

October 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. yee-haw

Great – The show should now be renamed – Eight minus Jon & Kate!

October 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. red

I think TLC should just let it go. That family is falling apart, give them privacy already....

October 16, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  63. lori

There he goes again!!! TLC tried to keep their business underwraps, and he went public and broke the contract. He lied about that, he lied about the $$ what else has he lied about. Kate is no angel in this either, but its showing that she is still trying to make money for the family. Who wouldnt? Especially in this economy, who doesnt want to give their kids almost everything including a college eductation? Trying to keep business as business and their lives private. We all know with all they/kate have done that she has the $ to pay her bills, but she shouldnt have to take it from their kids' accts or her personal acct ( which Jon prob has also) to pay THEIR bills. Thats not right. As soon as he heard he is no longer employed thru TLC he started wanting them off the air, all spite against his soon-to-be-ex, part of the divorce game. I just hope we will be able to see the kids we all have grown to adore, and maybe see what they grow up to be.

October 16, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Stuart

I have no idea why anyone has been interested in these self-absorbed, lousy, immature people, who are also lousy parents. It is a lousy reflection on what the people of this country have become.

They should be investigated as unfit parents by their local authorities, who would probably find enough grounds to remove the children for their own good.

October 16, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  65. cee dub

OK, so TLC fired Jon. Then Jon asked them not to film his kids. Then TLC sues Jon for breach of contract.

Didn't they fire him?

What are the chances I can never hear any of this idiocy again? Most of us don't care about this crap.

October 16, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  66. TexGal

@LBW: I think the single life is working out just fine for Jon. Anything would be better than living with that shrew of a wife! She emasculated and humiliated him on air and in front of the kids. Who could blame him for wanting to leave an abusive relationship? I am tired of Kate trying to act the victim when she caused most of the issues with her belittling comments and dictatorial style. More than anything, I am truly sorry for the kids that they were ever made "side show freaks" by their parents and that they have to live with Kate.

Do us all a favor, TLC, and drop this show! Media, do us all a favor and stop covering all of this! There are so many more important issues to show than just another marriage gone wrong!

October 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  67. matt

I say Flog them both, Jon and Kate..flog flog flog flog the producers at TLC for perpetuating this entire farce, and use the money to find a stable home for the kids and keep them out of the media circuis before it's too late for them.

So to sum up..Flog the adults..save the kids...

October 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Leah

I'm so glad they are suing Jon. He's way out of line, he's just jealous that Kate was getting more attention than him and I think that is the whole reason he didn't want to be with her anymore. He's being such a jerk trying to take Kate's income to provide for their children when that is what they have been doing for 4 years. And I want to comment on how people have been saying they are both damaging the kids and wanting attention, I haven' seen Kate saying anything negative. I just keep seeing him everywhere. And she can't help it that the papparazi is following her. I don't see her ever seeking out attention to bash him like he is always doing. He makes me sick. He thinks he so great now because he has a girlfriend that is barely an adult. I don't care how old (young) is girlfriend is Kate looks much better and is obviously much classier all I have ever seen or heard from her is very upright and proper. And I can't believe how he stold all of their money out of their bank account to buy him and Hailey new cars etc.., but he's interested in his families (kids) best interest. Yeah right!!

October 16, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  69. SThompson

It is always about the money. Everyone is getting it except the kids. They did not need a million dollar home when they have eight kids to raise. If this show continues with the way things are those kids will be harmed and there won't be any money for counseling. TLC does not care about those kids or they would not be pushing a dysfunctional situation on them.

October 16, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  70. JP

Please, Jon and Kate are both jerks. For all of you "At Home Soccer Moms" who think that Kate is a victim, then I have a bridge to sell you. She's just as guilty as he is. The nerve, going on national tv saying she has no money. Kiss my a$$. Both are losers and the show needs to be off the air. Those kids are screwed up enough.

October 16, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Fred

They just need to walk away from this mess- they created monsters and now they are out of control. I feel bad for the kids- this can't be good for them...

October 16, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Timothy

TLC should just leave these people alone. Are they so money hungry that they can not see how much they have damaged this family. It is very sad.

October 16, 2009 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sher

I think the difference is that HE got paid.

October 16, 2009 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Patrick

Poor Jon...I think he's hot! :P

October 16, 2009 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  75. kathryn

ws......clapping hands here....couldn't have said it better!!!!! And for those of YOU who are busy whining about how poor ole lil Kate is gonna support all these mouths that she CHOSE to bring into this world......you are obviously forgetting that she is a registered nurse. A job should be NO problem for her to find.

October 16, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Dave

The fact that all of you people are commenting on this shows how much people watch televison that is worthless. Reality shows are not real and never will be....... Please stop watching and these stories will all go away.

October 16, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. RealTV

It's so ironic that early on, when Jon was keeping quiet and out of the spotlight, he had a more positive public image. But now, it seems like every single time he opens his mouth he looks like more and more of a loser.

The irony is – now he's getting sued because of it!

Jon, you should have kept your mouth shut and just worried about your kids, not your public image, PR or the Media. You would have been just fine – Kate's true colors would have come out eventually.

October 16, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Terry

I am pleased that TLC is taking this action. I believe people should honor their contractual obligations. Hopefully this whole mess kind be sorted out in the courtroom.

October 16, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  79. lynn

It is amazing how a person overwhelmed by the birth of 6 kids at once and sudden fame and stardom, in addition to the constant criticism by one's spouse through it all, finally the expected 'enough' behavior proving the above was too much, is now being walloped by a big corporate entity.
    As if the constant criticism from the spouse wasn't enough,. now the corporate entity is jumping on the criticism wagon as well.
    The media, and TLC, should just leave these people alone to recover their lives, or what's left of those lives, so they can rebuild and find some peace. Kate was enamored with publicity, Jon never was...if you watch the history he was just overwhelmed by it all.
    Leave them alone TCL and media!

October 16, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Ashley

I think that Jon has become someone that he will be ashamed of once he looks back but all these negative comments about Jon makes me think that alot of people haven't seen the show from the beginning. I did and I can tell you that I don't blame Jon for ALLEGEDELY cheating. I don't know and neither does anyone else. But the fact is Kate emasculated him. She was and is a shrew. Imagine if the roles were reversed and Jon spoke to Kate the way she speaks to him, you can bet you a** that everyone would be on Kate's side. I'm not saying that Jon is a saint but I don't blame him. Kate is definately at fault as well and you can see plainly that it is all about the money for the both of them. They may be kidding themselves and saying the money is for the kids but all children want is time spent with their parents. These kids are going to be in therapy and I'm happy that Jon pulled the show...no matter what his reason is. If Kate really cared for her children, she would pull out of the public eye and take care of her children first..work out her problems and then return if she wants. to.

October 16, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Becky

Hmmmm...sounds like big Daddy won't have the big bucks rolling in anymore. Can you say "Bye-bye" to the bimbos??? No money, no honey!

October 16, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Marcie1956

Im soooooo glad TLC is taking him to court! Jon is a two faced jerk who cheated on his wife and now because he cant have things his way he is screwing her over! I hope he ends up broke and having to pay child support for 8 kids and going to jail if he doesnt pony up! What a selfcentered little man he is to treat his family this way, doesnt he realize one day his kids will see all this and understand how he mistreated their mother!? Jon wiseup all these little girls you are dating are just looking for their 15 minutes of fame at your expense!! He isnt at all good looking and the gals he is dating are skanky looking. I live for the day when we can all call Jon G a has been hack who got what he deserved!

October 16, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Ken

I am so sick of Jon and Kate, thats why I clicked on this article and read through it. Then I decided to post about it.

October 16, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. AJ

If we can blame anyone for this mess lets blame ourselves. And when I mean ourselves I mean we as the people that sit around and watch these shows in the first place. First lets blame ourselves for creating and environment where we value the time we spend snuggled up to our TV's channel surfing for the latest and greatest reality exploitation. Then lets blame the Networks, all of them, who troll around the world (not just the USA) looking for the next great program idea to plaster up on billboards and busses and newspapers and throw tons of money at people to invade their privacy. Then let's blame the media who propagandize all of these shows and the paparazzi (sic) who follow these happless fools around with cameras and microphones looking for a soundbite to turn into ratings. You say you're sorry for these kids, just you wait. They'll be able to grow up as the Gosslin kids and turn a buck because their Mother sold them out for flashy clothes and vacations and their dunbF Dad because he realized he's on TV (popular or unpopular) and he can get some strange whenever he wants, theres always some young dumb tart ready to lie with a dog if she thinks she's gonna get a bone out of it. But did the Gosslins create this mess? No, we set the stage. And it's not just with them, it's Octomom, and TMZ, ETonight, and all the other media outlets that keep regurgitating this reality crap to us until we're completly drunk off the stink of what has become of these peoples lives. What do you think Jon and Kate would be doing right now if it weren't for TLC? On the other hand what would TLC be doing right now without J+K? Wonder what all of us would do without either one of them...

October 16, 2009 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  85. wondering

Soomeone needs to check him out for drug traces in his system... his eyes certianly look like 'drug user' eyes lately...

But, TLS... did Kate have permission to go on the shows she has been on??? If not, do you intend to deal with her about her breach??? Of course, this is assuming they both had similar clauses in their contracts...

October 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  86. HaterPolice

Anyone notice how it's fat facially challenged women who hate Jon Gosselin exclusively...but the one's that see through Kate's facade tend to be somewhat attractive?

October 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Chris

Here's a novel approach to this whole situation. Leave the family alone! It's bad enough trying to raise 8 kids while going through a separation, now you have to drag a major TV network into the picture as well. TLC is full of crap, "Oh look our network helped destroy a family, let's sue for breach of contract." You're a bunch of greedy s–ts and should be slapped.

Leave the family alone to sort out the mess, that goes for TLC, the media and the papparazzi.

October 16, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tina

That's what these idiots get for prostituting their kids out for a fast buck. Losers.

October 16, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Erica

Question....didn't they breach the contract with him by renaming the show Kate Plus 8? Didn't that pretty much cut him out of it?

October 16, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Tina

Geeze...

She is crazy! He is crazy!
    They are making everyone crazy!

Sad to say that people like this are abusing the power of reality t.v. and we are feeding into their behavior.

October 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  91. kristine

Good lord, these people should be embaressed! I know I didn't want everyone to know what was going on between my ex and I when we split up, why do these people keep going on TV to talk about it? It is very apparent that they are doing all of this to make money and be famous, not to do something interesting for the world to see. They lost sight of what they possibley could share with the world a long time ago. Now they are just as bad as Paris Hilton. Media whores!

October 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  92. trish

As part of the suit could you please stipulate that he or his family will never apear on tv again?PLEASE..........

October 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Teresa

TLC stands for The Learning Channel. I don't think we are learning anything but corporate greed and how those in power can bully the little guy. Yes, John has done a lot of wrong, but so has Kate and TLC. He has a right to make money too and not be controlled by TLC and Kate. They were perpetuating a lie and it has been exposed. Reality TV should stand for fictional reality because it is staged. If he does not work how can he afford to take care of the kids. Kate is only doing it for money also. He quit his job to let Kay travel and so that they both could keep the show going. It just went wrong like life does. Kate WANTED THE divorce, please remember that. Has anyone watched the show and saw how characters were eliminated after Kate thought she had to share. She treated him like a child on the show.

October 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  94. chris

Are u kidding me, Kate if so fake. I do not approve of the way Jon has been acting. But does anyone realy think filming this show was good for the kids. Jon had every right to stop this and after all it will be a good thing. And did TLC not break the contract by taking Jon out of the show 1st???

October 16, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Crystal

Everybody just needs to turn the tv's off and read a book.

October 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Sess

I'm getting tired of this. I see them in every magazine. I don't even waste money on any magazine if I see their picture on it. Money and fame got in to their heads..They didn't complain about privacy or media when they were making money and now they worry about kids. I think TLC should stop filming boteh of them. There are so many people who raise their kids by working hard and not sit in front of tv and make millions. Let them be normal and raise their kids like normal americans do.

October 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ws

Finally, Kate Gosselin will have to get a job and live like a normal person. I am so sick of seeing her crying on TV. She is clearly in it only for the money, not for her kids as she says. And who could blame Jon for leaving.....if I were him I would have back handed her a long time ago. The way she would constantly berate him and humiliate him. And by the way, I hate to say anything negative about the kids but Mady is as rude and obnoxious as her mother.

October 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Rhonda

My concern is does TLC have a leg to stand on? Jon signed paperwork for the show "Jon and Kate plus Eight," but now the show is supposed to be "Kate Plus Eight." I am definitely not a fan of Jon, but TLC can change the contract, but Jon can't?

October 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Big T

Not that I really care about this, but how can they sue him for breach of contract, when they breached it first by firing him? LOL

October 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Tom

Horrible for Jon, first he got caught cheating on his wife and now this! What gives? When did it become unacceptable for a man to cheat on his wife, abandon his children, break contracts and lie!

October 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Drew

TLC isn't taking Jon's money, TLC is taking their money back.

October 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  102. bobby Gondoza

hey TLC is helping Jon & Kate destroy their lives and their children's lives just for what profit
    Leave the family alone the TV series was good while it lasted but now come on guys

Jon & Kate love the media and putting their lives and business for everyone to see and know.If they don't have self respect for themselves and their kids its okay but viewers don't have to bring ourselves down to JON and Kate levels

shame on them

October 16, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Wanda

When I first read this article I said YAY! TLC!! Jon has done nothing but flaunt his "freedom" in front of the world. I for one can't wait for "Kate Plus 8".

October 16, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Brian

It really is funny how far a woman will go to defend one of their kind. Anyone who watched the show could see how mentally abusive she was to her husband. He took it for years but eventually that kind of thing is going to build up and explode.

Any self respecting man would leave her. She is a complete narcissist as well but we wont go there.

If you do a little research you will find that she cut her father out of her life (who is a pastor) because he gave her strollers that his church donated when the kids were born rather than the expensive new ones she wanted. She is a sad sad human being.

Obviously I don't applaud John for cheating, he should have handled it the right way. What really scares me is that if she treated him that poorly with the camera rolling she must have sprouted horns while the two were alone at night.

October 16, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Louis Phelps

This whole thing is ridiculous. I wish it would just go away. Why does something this petty occupy so much of our time. In the words of William Shatner, "Get a life people!"

October 16, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Steve

I agree we sould all be ashamed of ourselves. I know teh show is all just for a paycheck but it is funny to watch that woman on tv crying all time. Jon took all teh money oh he cheated. STOP BEING SO MEAN AND A MONEY GRUBBING PERSON. Jon stay loyal if she is doing something wrong then tell her. But there had to be problems from the begining before the show. Really is anything special that they have 8 kids no way. My mom raised 7 children as a single mother onb a waitress income and she did fine. So if that isnot special then neither are they. TLC MOVE ON FIND SOME OTHER FAMILY TO RUIN.

October 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jay, Knoxville, TN

CEASE AND DESIST!! Do not give these people any more press. They make my teeth hurt!

October 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Peggy

Jon, you're an idiot. Period.

October 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Ralph

Good for TLC.. Jon has the right to stop the fliming because he is the parent and the kids are in the show. But he is clearly violating the contract.. So he deserved to be sue and loss everything. I won't fault Kate.. She is just a normal person with a lot of kids going through a divorce... Can you blame her for trying to make a living? once they spend the TLC money, how is she going to raise her 8 kids? You guys think Jon can make enough to pay for the child support bill or Kate can find a normal job and raise 8 kids at the same time? I am afraid welfare is in the card for the Kate and the kids once the show is done and kate cannot line up anything...

October 16, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Matt

Didn't TLC more or less fire him last week? Seems moslty like TLC milking the publicity while they can. The show is obviosuly doomed as soon as any remotely sane person in charge decides to act in the best interest of the kids and they know it.

October 16, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Herb

I hope TLC's lawsuit nails him to a wall!! Then the fool can get a real job to support his Ex-wife and kids!! I'm sick of hearing about his immature ramblings and behavior!!

October 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Barry

Everyone who watched this show is partly to blame..EVERYONE. The media attention and popularity fed egos and warped their lifestyle. It also helped them financially in a very good way, that is true. But the fact is, the show's success probably contributed to the marriage of the failure and the state of their lives right now.

October 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Emman

Enough already! Please use your space for more valueble news.

October 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  114. jennifer

My daughter and I use to LOVE watching the show...
    Now, with all this drama it takes the innocence and joy out of it...
    I have no desire to watch the parents with their issues...
    I LOVED however, watching the children interact.....It brought
    so much laughter into our homes!!

October 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Amy

I think this is why his first lawyer quit. Jon has proven to be a cheater, liar, attention seeker, and a horrible husband, father, and role model. And now I read he is embracing his girlfriends Jewish lifestyle! Can anyone say MIDLIFE CRISIS gone wrong? He seems to be attempting to live those "years" he lost to having kids, all in a few months. He should beg for Kate's forgiveness and get over this regressive behavior.

October 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Jennifer

You all hould be ashamed. Nobody knows what goes on after teh cameras stop rolling or even what is not shown to us. The show is a farce and it is just away to people who do not want to work get quick cash. Kate is a worthless woman if she was not her husband would not have to cheat. I think when men cheat it is something teh woman did wrong in teh marriage. Grow UP KATE, get a job stop whineing all teh time you have a hefty bank account.. Stop complaining about money.

October 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Snow White

I am soooooo sick and tired of this Jon and Kate plus eight crap. Both of them should loose custody of all the children because the are both greedy and selfish parents. They are in for one thing only .... $$$$$$$$$ and lots of it. Neither of them give two @#!!@#@! in hell about the kids, because if they did neither of them would be carrying on in this manner. My heart goes out to the children because in the long run when this is all said and done, the 8 children are going to pay more then all the money those two nitwits are fighting over.

October 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  118. oc

so, is TLC admitting that the Gosselins are/were contractually bound to continue to exploit their children and family and that they'd require the family to continue to do they show even if it was detrimental to the kids. regardless of why jon really tried to pull the plug, if he says he wants out b/c it's not in the kids' best interests, TLC should be wiling to end the contract early without penalty.

October 16, 2009 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Jackie

That is funny since TLC kicked him off the show, then Jon wants his kids off the show now TLC is suing him because he did not do what they want. TLC just leave Jon alone, if I was married to that woman I would cheat to.

October 16, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jane

Seriously. I can't believe he lasted that long with that shrew.

October 16, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Maria

Go TLC! Epiphany? Communication would have been a better strategy. But boys will boys; where is "mommy" to clear this up.

I will miss "Kate plus Eight" but hope that in the end something will be worked out for her and the EIGHT children.

October 16, 2009 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Fabulous Phil

They both make me sick. Those poor kids =(

October 16, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Sher

To Samantha-they aren't suing Kate, but Jon personally. He can't take family money earmarked for the kids to pay his attorney. It has to come out of his own pocket. But wait what money, He doesn't have a job! Can't wait to see if he puts the 180 grand back in by what the 26th?? He's a jerk. Kate may not be perfect, who among us are, but he is making her look by Mother Theresa by his actions...all about you Jon all about you...

October 16, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Sher

Jon only wants TLC's filming to stop so maybe he will be left alone to run around with more young woman, get drunk in bars and massively misbehave in public. Good example for your kids Jon! TLC wouldn't be suing if they didn't have an iron clad contract. Good luck with that Jon. Better get a better attorney than Mr. Cheesy Man.

October 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Jeana

Love the kids! Adorable. i will miss them. Maybe once a year they ca n give an update. Kate is a money hungry camera hog. It really is not about her. She has help. Her parents are embarrassed of her. They know how she is. She loves the attention and the freebeesss. Jon just got fed up with her how she treated him. I really think he is a nice guy he needed a break from her. Not the kids. She is a bossy cold hearted. She getting on tv and crying to the media about money..... Not very many of us make that kind of money a week. She is in charge the money and she did hiide money. She just wants it all. Poor me. Poor me. Well welcome to the real world. You might night be able to get your hair cut every other week or go on those wonderful trips. 10 million people are out of work. No body feels sorry for her.

October 16, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Lisa

Does anyone really care about Jon & Kate anymore? I'm ashamed at myself for even reading this!

October 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  127. RL

Can you say, "Get a Life"..........Do you believe this is good business Jon........Who are you trying to be "A Big Hollywood Star!!!!!!" not even close. As they in my world, Act your age, not your shoe size.

October 16, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Ronda

Oh, this is great. Maybe he will remember where his million dollar home, foreign sports cars and New York apartment came from. He could not have any of those with the money he was making before TLC came into the picture. Even if he had no legal representation when he executed the contract does not make it void. Business Law 101! Oh, wait, he never finished college. Too bad.

October 16, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Brenda

AMEN!! Thank goodness TLC has stood up to Jon in a way Kate can't. If he thinks it is harmful filming, he has taken away the only life those children have known. The TLC crew are the childrens extended family. You can see them walk over and talk to the camera or hugging someone on the crew. I think he is a selfless b a – - – r d. If people think Kate was a b – - – h, trying raising 9 children. Jon never seemed responsible. I think the courts should force them both to have an evaluation. And Jon should be drug tested!!!

October 16, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Leslie

What a mess! I used to love watching this show and now I can not stand it! I love the kids, but don't like what Jon and Kate have become. Yes, both of them. I feel that the 'stardom' has gone to both of their heads. The only ones that I feel sorry for are the kids. I could see some of this coming in the ways that Jon and Kate used to talk to each other or about each other on their shows last season. It was rude and often disrespectful. I know that no marriage is perfect and conflict happens (I have been married for 30 years to the same man), but you have to at least respect each other and they didn't. I think that is time for the show to end and this family needs to move on.

October 16, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  131. kathryn

oh pooooooh....Jon did NOT abandon his family....and whether he "cheated" ......why the hell would anyone care? As far as I'm concerned....the MINUTE Kate filed for divorce, Jon was free to do as he pleased.

October 16, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Debra R

bwahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

October 16, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Cathy

Enough alright already.....the Gosselin saga has spread worse than the swine flu. Do they have a Jon Gosselin vaccine? I am sick of hearing about these people.

October 16, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  134. samantha

There you go TLC! Try to take food out of 8 kids mouths just because your idiotic show went down the drain. I now HATE TLC!

October 16, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Robin

Is anyone surprised at this? Jon has been on a downward spiral since he decided to cheat on his wife and abandon his family.

One can only hope that this mess he's made will help him straighten out. I feel so bad for those kids...........

October 16, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  136. Janet

GO TLC!!!

October 16, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  137. LBW

So how is this new single life working for you Jon?

October 16, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  138. Kelsey

I am confused or does Jon lie about everything. Jon said on the cnn show that either he or his wife could shut down the show if they felt it was harmful to the kids and that it was in the contract. So now is that a lie like the money is?

Also I think the media needs to let them alone because it appears they are now honoring what the judges "advised" them to do and that was keep this divorce and court business out of the media.

For the childrens sake the media needs to go away and not enter in their space unless asked.

October 16, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |