October 9th, 2009

First 'Housewives' after the death of A.J.

In a way, it was almost a relief that Thursday night’s episode of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” didn’t feature any scene with Ashley "A.J." Jewell.

The death of Jewell, whose engagement to new cast member Kandi Burruss has figured prominently in this season’s plotlines, took viewers by shock.

Fans of the show know that Kandi’s mother objected to their relationship and that tension has caused a great deal of stress for the singer/songwriter. I braced myself for more scenes of Burruss being torn between her man and her mama.

But thankfully, none of that occurred on Thursday night. The show instead focused on Sheree and Dwight’s tug-of-war over her fashion show, NeNe’s campaign against domestic violence and her search for her biological father, Lisa and her husband’s attempts to deal with his retirement from the NFL and get pregnant and Kim’s shopping habits.

A.J. was only mentioned during a discussion Kandi had with Kim about the future of the relationship and whether she was pushing so hard to make the relationship work so her mother wouldn’t be proven right. Very sad given that we all now know.

The tease for the following week’s show features Kandi, her mother and A.J. in therapy. The session does not look like it goes well and might prove to be uncomfortable, as the now deceased A.J. appears to come off like a lout.

Will you be watching?

1. Neicy

I agree with each and everyone of you all. My thoughts and prayers goes out of their families. I really do enjoy show. Because I can't believe that all of these grown and suppose to be educated, sophicated, act like they are in elementary school. They act like women who aren't use to anything, men, money, friendships, class or anything. It is so hard to believe these grown @#ss women act like that. I hope they do not represent the elite of the ATL. And for Kandi's mother. I know exactly how you feel. But as a mother we have to let our children who grow up and make their own decisons about life. If we don't let them experience it they will never learn. Thats whats life all about learning. If we could pick and choose our childrens wives and husbands how would that make them feel? And for Kandi we can't make everybody happy, you do what's good for you and your heart and kids. I commend you for stepping up and taking on the roles of motherhood for another child. And another thing how do you apply for the show?

November 3, 2009 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ms. No Single Mama Drama

Apparently, there is a rumor going on that Kandi is pregnant by A.J.; however, Kandi's publicist was contacted and the rumor was denied–even laughed off as a lie.

October 27, 2009 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jo

I think kandi is the most down to earth of them all, my prayers are with her and his children....her mother did nothing wrong she just stress what she felt as a protective mother, I just wish someone would tell kim to seek help, she is not engaged big papa just gave her a ring to
    shut her up everytime she says she's engage, I just think of big papa
    wife.

October 27, 2009 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yvonne

I think NeNe should stop acting like she is the Queen Bee. Her attitude is too aggressive and nasty. You can get your point across without being nasty and disrespectful to others.......Kim speaks of money and class, of which, she has neither. Class is something you can not buy. Kim does show that she has any class, when she constantly use the term "bitch". Kim, stop smoking, teach your children some values, and ask Kandi to help with the CD so it will sound okay. .............Lisa, stick with your husband and don't let this show or anything else come in between you two. ........Sheree, I really liked how Dwight pulled your fashion show together. He did a great job in organizating and making sure all was together.

October 23, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Steave

Interesting story you got here. It would be great to read something more about this theme.

October 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dee

I pray for "all" of the cast members of the Atlanta Housewives-(past & present) but right now I send out special prayers for the family of A.J., his children, including Kandi's daughter since they got along so well. Not all children get along well with the Mothers/Fathers fiance (no matter what the age) but it does show that she was /Has some class about herself she has been taught that selfishness does not get you anywhere so she was happy for her Mother. Yes I have been watching the show and when I can't get it I watch the reruns and then the current show; because it does something for me as a Black Woman. So I do have feelings about showing the parts of A.J. in them, and I'm sure Kandi was asked if she was ready for them to be showed and everyone has their own grieveing time, granted it could be done at a later time as they do in the Daytime Soaps. I shall watch and continue to watch my sisters and pray for them continously; but as a famous person that I know ( and I hope she doesn't mind my using her quote)
    May GOD BE THE GLORY

October 15, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. Angela G

I was in SHOCK when I watched the last show and it was in Memory of A J Jewell. I hadn't heard about his death at the time.

Being a woman in LOVE, I am so sorry for the ordeal with Kandi's mother not believing AJ was good enough for her daughter and now he's dead. I'd REALLY like to know (like others) how Kandi's mother feels now that her wish for AJ and Kandi not to get married has come true and her daughters heart is broken. Kandi I remember an episode that you stated how much you "hate the blogs". Well we aren't All bad and some of us actually have LIVES, but still enjoy watching our other sistahs living large. PLEASE find the strength inside that God give us to continue to LIVE,LOVE and RAISE your children. AJ had you're back and was your biggest cheerleader, don't let his death be in Vain. Sistah, go ahead and fly above the drama. This Too Shall Pass!

October 13, 2009 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. Asia Shakespear

May AJ soul rest in peace & althrough his death was untimley by our standards, we all have to remember someone much more powerful than any of us is in charge of our life & death.......THAT'S REALITY

I think the people on this reality series should take this unfortunate situation and look @ the true realities of their own pitiful lives. It true what they say, the good one is always the one who suffers..Khandi by far is the only one on the show who displays a true genuine woman of worth character & she is the one with the heartache. Not to worry Khandi you have been the knight and shining amour in this series by far. You make you own decisions, you have a valid talented career, you are a loving daughter and mother. You are in control of you.You are featured on a reality series, yet you elect not to be a part of the reality mess and madness the other 4 display. NeNe makes a complete ASS of her self & her family. Kim thinks $ is power, which she gets by using her p***y as power over a married man. Sherre is just @ a lost DUMB ball in high weeds, who wants to operate a clothing line because she has purchased expensive clothes back in her ex's money hayday & not have the sense to go to school to actually study fashion design and last but not least......The true GOLD DIGGA, Lisa
    Ed your time is running out based on your wife's tag line....."IF IT DON'T MAKE MONEY, I DON'T DO IT"...well guess what buddy you are out of the NFL, no job, no money = NO LISA....She is already setting america up for your exit & your nose is truly so wide open for her....You can't even see it coming....You'll be in court next tryin' to get your son too, cuz LISA won't be on Green Acres for long..."Street Life Is They Only Life She Knows". I can hear the Manhattans warming up......"Let's just kiss & say Good Broke, I mean BYE!

October 13, 2009 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. paula shizzle

my deepest sympathy to kandi and ajs loved ones. she deserves so much more. i love her voice and her drive, she seems like a sweet person. i cant help but believe that this thing with her mom hating on aj is gonna come back to bite old moms in the butt...................fly above kandi, fly above....................

October 12, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JeidyBig

My sincere condolences to Kandi and AJ's twins, I lost the love of my life almost 2 years ago and I can't still even mention his name because it hurts me so much. Kandi must be filling awful, my only wish is for her ands his family to accept his passing and remembering all the good things he left in their lives. As for the show I will be watching is reality tv so I thing it has to be shown and deal with it on the public view because this kinda things happend and you just can't cover the son with a finger. ={ Be strong KAndi you are my favorite!!

October 12, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shante

I cannot believe what some of you cold-hearted people are saying. I am shocked and saddened for Kandi and AJ's family and children. No matter what, death is always hard and especially when it is sudden and the person is so young. I really like Kandi and I know her faith will get her through this horrible time. she has had a lot of tragedy in her family lately. Kandi... youare in my prayers and thoughts. I think you are the realist person on the show other than Lisa.

October 12, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MR TAYLOR

My heart goes out to Kandi but the rest of those girls are Ghetto people. The talk like it and act like it. Aj and Kandi were a good couple and probably would not have gotten married but God rest his soul. NeNe is a tramp and needs to be put in her place.The one married to the footballplayer and starting her own dress business is the best, The other one who is trying to start her own busiiness Sheree is a low class housewive. She isn't even a housewive. they are being hard on Kim they should be hard on Sheree the two faced women. She needs to go back to the hood where she belongs.
    the footbal player and his wife i hope they get another baby, they are descent people. the rest of those women are trash. especially Sheree.

October 12, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Donna

Is it just me, or do others feel that Dwight's more frequent presence on the show and his being labeled the "other housewife" is a big mistake. This gives the "housewife reality show" a less than REAL feel. Dwight needs a lesser role, not more. Although, I am certain that he would'nt agree with me. Additionally, if they continue to give Dwight more of a presence, I will stop viewing the show. Is'nt it enough watching one woman Hooked on their self? Who wants to see a man, pretending to be a woman, who is obnoxious and overly confident? in the beginning I was a fan of Ne Ne, but I now feel that she is immature and keeps trouble brewing. I was shocked when she said that Kandi was "ghetto." Ne Ne is the most Ghetto-fied one on the show. Even Stevi Wonder could see why Kim did not want to portray a black woman by coloring her face . Kim made the right decision here but she needs to know what to say and when. Ne ne was never her friend. Remember how she blurted out Kims' guy friends, marital status? No friend would do that. Also, I would like to see the women stand for what's good and right more. We witness enough selfishness on these housewives shows. As a show of color lets immulate the good aspects of these cultures . Such as strength under fire, sharing and helping others less fortunate, caring for ones community which includes the homeless, the fatherless, the unwed mother. etc I have had enough of some of these women hiding behind alleged wealth. Sheree its okay to broke just try not to stay that way so that you can help others. I like the way Lisa treats her husband. I would like to know who Kims Papa is?

October 12, 2009 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Fan of All Housewives

I really feel for Kandi AND her mom, hopefully their last conversation was pleasant for the mom's sake. I love the show, but laugh most of the time because Ne Ne is Ghetto queen and doesnt even know it. Lisa is a liar for lying about telling Kim that NeNe was making fun of her singing and then denying that she ever said it. Also....this is to Isham.....your remarks make you a shallow person, shame on you for wishing bad on anyone. I'm praying for you...apparently you are not a Christian, but need to be saved from your ugly soul.

October 12, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tresia

I think Bravo should continue to air the scences with AJ and what ever Money they Make from The ratings they should match it and donate it in a trust fund for AJ kids. That would make me a little more at ease.

October 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kitty

I thought in the beginning it was a lot of drama over nothing. Kandi was having problems with her mother accepting her man and I thought a "grown woman" shouldn't be looking for someone else's approval when it comes to her man regardless if its moms. But, when I found out A J died, I also found out he had 6 children by 4 different women. Then, I was on Mom's side. I would not advice my daughter to marry a man with 6 children either. Especially, if she had money! I was also shocked to find out they broke off the engagement. My sympathies go out to Kandi because I know the feeling of loosing someone so important in your life even-though you have decided not to be together. My condolesence!

October 12, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lovinme

Yes it was sad to hear AJ passed away. Can we change the title of Real Housewives to High Class Women because there are only 2 women actually married and Kim its ok to be a golddigger I mean honestly what do u do to have that kind of lifestyle?

October 12, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sue

TOTAL TRASH – If these are housewives???? the world has surely gone to the question – "how can these women even be PERMITTED to have children". DISGUSTING black women in America 'real life"
    doings. Utterly disgraceful women being PAID to be ??? – you fill it in".

October 12, 2009 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Reality

I am a fan of the ATL Housewives and do not miss an episode. Though unfortunate AJ's death, it is what it is. I'm sorry for Kandi and the children's loss. However, we should not get boiled down in the reality of life.
    I wondered what type of work AJ did because of his bling. He was a cloud of mystery and I was surprised to hear of his beating death at a strip club. If it is true he was a Mgr or Owner, I don't know. However, he left the fans of the show wondering what was the intriguing part of him that Kandi was attracted to in the first place.
    It is what it is.
    On the other side...Dwight is a mess, Sheree is stuck on herself, Kim can suck rocks and I will be tardy for the party...I hate that frickin song!

October 12, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. fritz

And this is important why? Let's recap the day's events: war in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, health care debacle, war in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, crime on inner-city streets, war in Afghanistan, war in Iraq, and the list repeats.....endlessly: AJ wanted to be a tough guy in Hot'lanta......he's engaged to a woman in one of the most ridiculous shows on television, and he dies like any idiot who thinks he's tougher than the next guy. Well, WRONG! champ.................now we've got to wait for a reunion of "da ladies"................all because you weren't a real man a talk this nonsense out, or because the only thing you can do, since being a "headliner" is make a really bad mistake and try to beat up someone stronger than your little frame will allow).............................war in Iraq, war in Afghanistan.........he never served his country--if he had, he might have learned how to fight!

October 12, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. heather

my prayers go out to and your family

October 12, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Fluflove

I just love these women, best of luck to them.

October 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Denise

we need to remember that A.J. left children behind, reality TV has to draw lines some where his children want to remember their father in a positive manner. Unfortunately, no one has total control over death and when something like this happens on a show a sense of right and compassion should out weigh ratings and popularity.

October 12, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Isham

Oh DEAR GOD! How could this EVER HAPPEN TO ONE OF THESE SHALLOW SHELLS OF PEOPLE! I feel SOOOOOOOOO bad....no, not really. It is about time they learn what REALITY is. Poor SCAGS. More of this needs to happen. Shallow people of this sort do not deserve to be put on pedestals and paraded around like they are something. Well they really are a lot of something that is....NOTHING. Low life scum.

October 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. rachel

these are not "real" housewives that accurately reflect the real–as in typical atlanta housewife– i have a lot of friends here in downtown atlanta that are, like me, actual stay-at-home housewives with incredibly active social lives. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't think any of us would.These ladies can keep their married boyfriends and giant diamonds and whatever else they have. I'll keep my music-business husband and the radio show we have together. Hey, we pay the bills!

October 10, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. A Real Man

My statement about the "AJ" ordeal is evidence of what Kandis mother being saying all along. Here is a man with several offsprings by different women satisfying his sexual gratification at a stripe Club, a low life stripe club at that. Why was he there is my question when he supposively had a fiance at home. He have already had a pretty intriguing life...relationship wise. Kandis should have listened to her mother and she would be caught up in this mess in the first place.

October 10, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bri

Yes, I have always watched this show, No one is perfect it is what it is.

October 10, 2009 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LoveTV

I'm sure the network contacted the family about the airing of the next show. Lots of times they will do that and get the ok from the family.

I'll be watching next week to see what happens.

My Thursday night line up Flashfoward, The Office, Housewives of Atlanta............

October 9, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Heather

I agree with Alesia...

We really shouldn't be focusing on what Kandi's mother is thinking right now...I'm sure she feels badly that this man was so violently taken at such a young age. I'm sure she didn't hate AJ, but she simply felt that AJ was not right for her daughter. She didn't hate him or wish him dead...she just didn't want him to be her only daughter's husband. I'm also pretty sure Bravo will keep this episode going as it will generate ratings galore for the network....

October 9, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Clarkey

My heart goes out to Kandi and AJ's family & his children. I feel that the next episode should be cut out of respect for his family. I love Kandi, she is such a wonderful addition to the show. PLEASE someone tell Kim she is not attractive but sluttish. OMG, I hope Kandi figures out what a selfish person Kim is. I am over Sheree and her so called fashion. I respect Ne Ne for what she is doing with Domestic Violence. I like Lisa and her husband as well. Get rid of Kim.

October 9, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. pazzion

One correction...Kandi and AJ were NOT engaged anymore. They broke up months ago. She said that they were on "hiatus". Not that this makes any difference in how much Kandi is hurting right now. If anything it probably hurts more because she knows that they really will never be together. Sad. But BRAVO is about business. They know that MORE people will tune in than before if for no other reason that to see AJ. They won't cut or edit this episode.

October 9, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  32. just a thought

I really feel sorry for Kandi and A.J's kids, But there is no difference from when a movie star or a singer dies and they are playing their movies or videos over and over again on TV what about their families they are hurting too....I think they should air the show next Thursday.....

October 9, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alesia

Everyone is saying "'I wonder how Kandi's mom feels now". She probably feels the same way, like he wasn't a good match for her daughter. After all, she played no role in his death, it is God who determines our time to leave this earth. I feel for Kandi, because she loved him so much. To respect the grieving family and loved ones, the next episode should be altered to remove anyting involving AJ.

October 9, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Me

I feel sorry for Kandi and wish her and AJ's family well. I also agree with Nicole – someone PLEASE tell Kim that she is not cute or even remotely attractive. Did anyone else think in last weeks episode that she looked much better WITHOUT all of the makeup when she was getting ready for the party?!?!

October 9, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Pamela

Unfortunately death is a part of life...even on a reality TV show. My heart goes out to his children and Kandi.

October 9, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. lizz

I agree with Lisa. Like Lisa I lost my fiance in June after a one year battle of him in a coma. He was my world, my son's father, my life and my bestfriend. This show gets ratings regardless...how about asking Kandi how she feels about showing a clip of her man and her mom not getting along. How abou a trbute. How about positive things about the mans life. You'll get better rating that way and in the end he is remembered in one way. Your in our prayers.

October 9, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Renee

I will be watching as will other followers of the show who watched before his untimely death. I agree with Maria and everyone else who say that they should remove replace that episode. It sent chills down my back hearing Kandi talk about the therapy that they were doing. I'm sure they have way more footage to make an episode out of rather than airing that one. I do love the show and Kandi especially but would watch that episode especially at her expense.

October 9, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  38. TD

I agree-take it out. I really like Kandi the most. Have a little heart BRAVO-are the ratings that important?!

October 9, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mrs. McQueen

I am a Huge Fan of the Show and I will continue to watch the Episodes to come, but I will be Sad when A.J. is shown especially on the upcoming show. Kandi is such a Sweet Person and I am very Sadden by the Unsudden Death of her Fiance'. I am only wondering how her Mother is now Feeling. Kandi you are in my thoughts and prayers. May A.J. Rest in Peace!

October 9, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Real non-housewife of NJ

Let's keep this 'tragedy' in perspective. He was a shady strip club manager / owner / employee who ran with the wrong crowd. Sad, maybe but let's use the word tragedy when it's really appropropriate such as referring to the millions of starving people in this world or people who have no civil rights or abuse of women in Afghanistan. Come on folks.

October 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jade

let it air the show is entertainment....I think they should show it cause I saw the clips of nest week show and I want to see the outcome...

October 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. TINA

I am sure the majority of Atlanta residents cringe with disgust when they see their city represented by this group of crazies.

October 9, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sire mixalot

RIP...but this show and others like it are trash.

October 9, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Toni McGhee

They should surly remove that episode in respect for AJ's family (kids) and Kandi. As a fan of the show, I will be hurting for them the entire time if it airs. Let's put the family 1st here. BUT, in this day of corporate greed (AIG), I do not expect Bravo to do the right thing.

October 9, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mrs Clarke

I will be watching just like every other Thursday. Hey he was part of the show just because of his untimely death, I don't think they should not show it. That is life here one minute gone the next. He was getting paid, his kids needs this money.

October 9, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. MzAvery

I am so sad to hear of his passin. I didn't even know. I will keep Khandi and AJ's family in my prayers. I just hope they find out who and why the person that did that to him.

October 9, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Victoria

Yes, I'll be watching. However, I wonder how Kandi's Mother is feeling today...the day of this man's funeral.

My deepest sympathies to Kandi and AJ's children. RIP Ashley Jewell.

October 9, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tee

First off, the media needs to get their facts straight because they have broken up. Khandi has stated that. Two, any mother that is concerned about the welfare of their child will also have a say so in the decisions that they make in life if they feel they are making a bad choice. Khandi's mother opinion of someone doesn't make her a bad person she was stating how she felt just as anyone else would. The funny thing is the mother was right because Khandi admitted her mother on being right and that also led to their break up. However, I'm saddened that he did leave behind 6 kids and that Khandi is raising his twin daughters by choice because HIS mother could no longer raise them even when he was alive! My prayers has went out to his children as well as for Khandi.

October 9, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Mia

My heart goes out to A.J's kids, as well as Kandi. It's very unfortunate that Kandi's mother couldn't mind her own business, even if she didn't approve of her daughter's relationship. Sometimes as parents we need to step back, and trust our children even if they make a mistake. Our job is to be there for them when they need us not control their live's forever.

October 9, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Lillian

I'm not a fan of the show, but I caught one episode with Kandi, her mom and two aunts. Kandi's mom was silent and one aunt said that they were there to pick up the pieces if Kandi and AJ's relationship did not work. I can relate to Kandi's situation, my mother does not like my husband. I am also an only child and as I saw Kandi's mom's behaviour it only reminded me of my mother. Her behaviour is called CONTROL! If only my aunts were supportive like Kandi's. Regardless of how Kandi's mom feels about AJ, I don't think that his death means that she was right about him.

October 9, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jeanette

of course I'll be watching one of my favorite housewife show.. and yea they need not to cut any seens with A.J he was part of the show... yea it was a traggic ending to his life but it would be unfait for the viewers who's grown to love the show and everyone in the show including A.J

October 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  52. KEISHAV

It is a sad thing to go thru, but i will be watching like i do every thursday; and yes i do think they should play the episode cause it does show he really did love Kandi despite what her mother thought, cause he cared enough to go to therapy with them all, so yes show the episode, i thinks it's important.

October 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Jennifer

I understand the push for ratings, but at some point simple human decency should take over. I don't even have cable, so I can't watch these shows. However, showing an episode that shows scenes with her recently passed fiance would be hurtful to anyone and I believe it should either be postponed, or removed entirely. But you answer your question, no I won't be watching lol.

October 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Rea

reality TV is reality, the episodes are taped in advance and still if they are not life happens, I do agree that maybe for the sake of eveybody...the family...that the episodes that surround him should be removed; I am sure they have other footage they can put in. It is just called respect..in this day and age a lot of respect is lost, let us give it back.

October 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Maximina

I think they should still air the episode because its a part of Kandi's life that she will always cherish whether it is good or bad. Everyone needs to realize that her mother was doing what all mothers do, looking out for their child. She was thinking about Kandi's long term future and not just what going to happen next year. When you lose someone the way Kandi did, all you want to do is surround yourself with memories of them even things that belonged to them. All we can do is pray for her and just let what occurred play out on their show.

October 9, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  56. Aaron

The Real Housewives of ATL is by far my favorite realitty show right now!! The death of AJ is undoubtedbly tragic in ill-fortuned. However, the fans of the show already viewed the preview for next week's episode and in addition...an alteration will take the show away from what it is...reality.

October 9, 2009 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  57. Nicole

I am wondering how Kandi's mom feels now...since she objected to their relationship so much. The show is a mess...but it makes for good televison. I wish someone would tell Kim that she is really not cute.

October 9, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  58. Mo

Of course I'll be watching. However, I agree with Maria, they should take that part out of the show.

October 9, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  59. Andrea

I am a fan of the show and will definitely be watching. It is simply what it was meant to be. A diversion from the harsh realities we live in. A reality show that takes you away from YOUR reality...lol. Priceless! :)

October 9, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mini Me

I would like to send my condolences to Kandi and AJ's family. I will be watching. I will be sad when I watch the confrontation between AJ and her mom. I will always wonder how her mom feels now that he is gone. And now that she has her wish of AJ being out of her daughter's life. I will also watch in support Kandi. I think AJ has always got a bad rap on the show. I think that is the thing when you decide to be apart of a reality show. All the good things and all the bad things about you will be on display.

October 9, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  61. Bobby Jones

May his soul rest in Peace!! Amen.

October 9, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  62. huh?!

Sad turn of events. Doesn't change the fact that this show is an embarrassment.

October 9, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  63. Yvonne

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Kandi and to AJ's children as well. In watching the show, AJ seemed like a nice guy who was very dedicated to Kandi. I was shocked and saddened to read of AJ's passing. I was so hoping that Kandi's mother would come to accept Kandi and AJ's relationship.

October 9, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  64. blueken

I'll have to watch, my wife is hooked. Is it just me, or are there no "housewives" on these shows? None of them seem very "real" either. God I hope this show is not shown abroad. Half the world already thinks Americans are selfish pigs.

October 9, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  65. Lisa

I'm thinking maybe they shouldn't air that next episode. I mean, he died so recently. I lost a loved one almost a year ago and I am heartbroken still today. Kandi must be just torn apart. Maybe leaving that episode out would be good if not for ratings, but for Kandi's peace.

October 9, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  66. Stef

I'll be watching my favorite Housewives. Don't be tardy for the party.

October 9, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  67. Maria

yes but i think they should take that out of the show.

October 9, 2009 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |