October 6th, 2009

'Dancing' star tries to make out with judge

The celebrities on “Dancing With the Stars” try to do lots of things to stand out from the other couples in the competition, but this might be a first: Trying to make out with a judge.

This unusual maneuver came courtesy of Donny Osmond last night after dancing the rumba.

Earlier in the show, the judges acknowledged the dance is particularly hard for the male celebrities on the show because they have to walk a fine line between conveying romance and appearing too soft on the dance floor.

Judge Bruno Tonioli apparently thought Osmond’s performance was too much of the latter and said it had “a bit of ‘Swan Lake’ ” in it. Which is when Osmond playfully lunged at the judges’ desk and tried to kiss Tonioli.

It took a while for everyone to recover, but the show’s next highlight belonged to former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who appeared on the verge of pulling out of the competition due to injuries. He revealed he now has stress fractures in both feet and that his doctor and the show’s producers urged him to withdraw.

But not so fast.

“What’s a little pain when you can party?” DeLay said before dancing a decent samba that was favorably reviewed by the judges.

Finally, a surprising standout couple last night was professional snowboarder Louie Vito and his dance partner Chelsie Hightower. Their romantic rumba prompted Tonioli to exclaim, "That's chemistry."

Who do you think will be voted off tonight?

« Previous entry
  1. Violin for Beginners

Excellent blog right here! Additionally your site a lot up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

April 10, 2012 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. musician

I simply could not go away your site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be again continuously in order to check out new posts

April 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Denise

Samantha has annoyed me since season one...... including her dresses. Many are too low-cut. Now she's on ET & that's a better place for her. Just a few sound bytes at a time go a long way. If they want to get a former contestant, bring back George Hamilton. He's very quick witted & would do well. Yes, Tom B. COULD do it all by himself; but I think that would be much more work for him..... unless they paid him double. The man is definitely a work-horse!

Has anyone else noticed Cheryl's uneasiness with Tom DeLay? I've watched this show since the beginning & she's usually much closer & friendly with her partner. She's trying to be happy; but looks miserable when standing next to him during interviews. Glad he's leaving the show. Cheryl looked glad, too.

Things look awfully chummy between Chelsea & Louie. Probably they'll be this year's backstage romance (Derek & Brooke, Mark & Sabrina, etc.). And yes, Donny got a little more carried away than he would have liked to. Bet he won't do it again, though! Just realized how many of the pro dancers now are either Mormon or Russian. Speaking of Mormon or Russian, I loved Chelsea, Lacey, & Dimytri on So You Think You Can Dance. Would love to see Lacey's brother, Benji, become a pro on the show, too. That boy had personality & great talent.... better than his sister!! Actually prefer that show over DWTS because it spotlights kids who have raw talent & have worked hard to get to the next level. It's not "fluff" like DWTS is. Not that the stars & pros don't work their butts off..... It's just not working towards a career, it's working for that stupid mirrored disco-ball trophy. But I'll still keep watching.

October 8, 2009 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Babs

It should be renamed "Dancing with the E List people. Where are the stars? And Samantha Harris lost her boobs after her pregnancy and never could think on her feet.

October 7, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rolyat

Samantha Harris is a first class HOT MESS. Baby talk.
    Tom Begeron is a goof ball. One Season of those clowns was enough. And why do they call it dancing with the Stars ?
    90% of the people dancing no one has ever heard of.
    The professional dancers are bigger celebrities.
    It should be re-named. "Dancing with the wannabee's".

October 7, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Big Dawg 69

That ALMOST made me a Donny Osmond fan. It was hilarious. You people complaining about Samantha are pretty much right on–they do not need her. Someone back stage might be good–wrong network but someone like Nick Cannon who can have some fun with them.
    Len has to be grumpy or overly hard because it seems that Carrie and Bruno are getting way too lenient. But to their defense, if they voted off everyone who can't dance the first week, the show would make 3 weeks tops. They had a pretty good group last year, but this year overall is really not so good.

October 7, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dancers Mom

Yes! Samantha needs to go. I also enjoyed watching the show much more when she was on maternity leave. I don't even think Tom needs a side kick- he does an awesome job!. I am certainly tired of her callous, condesending and obnoxious comments (the tongue comment) so if I could, I would vote her off!

October 7, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda

I wish Samantha Harris and Len Goodman would go. I've watched the show for many seasons and Len is just getting grumpy. I'm tired of hearing him complain that dances are too sexy for him, and that argument recently about whether Mya did a proper tango (or whatever it was) seemed more than just grumpy. Samantha adds nothing to the show. I loved it when Baz was guest judging. Find a new head judge and bring in a better co-host!

October 7, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Debra R

Re Jac: The Osmonds have lived a life long mission for our church in the glare of the spotlight and have done it well. They are in no way an embarassment to our religion. There are thousands of people who came to the church due to their example, myself included. if you are embarassed by them that is your right but please do not speak for the rest of us.

October 7, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. DFWDelia

I honestly think this year's show has the worst "star" dancers ever. There is nobody who would make it in the finals of any of the earlier seasons. I think Michael Irvin or the fighter guy will be voted off this week. I hate that Tom Delay is no longer going to be on the show because that means Cheryl won't be dancing anymore. I think she is so pretty when she dances. I wish I could make my body do the things hers does! Hee hee!

October 7, 2009 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. jimmyd

Ok are some of you for real donny was just playing and it was stupid but funny. why would anyone be upset by that and it had nothing to do with being gay and if it was who the hell cares anyway. if that is going to offend you go watch reruns of little house or the waltons. The show is great and we have alot of fun watching it. I hope kelly and donny go all the way samantha is just fine for that kind of show its silly fun thats all.

October 6, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Barbara

Isn't this a family show?? Why is Donny going after Bruno?? Why is Paula Abdul asking Carrie Ann to make out?? (Aren't you glad you don't have to hear her on AI anymore!!) If they're looking for the WOW factor it's more like the BAD TASTE factor. Come on just dance and quit all the nonsense. Oh and Louie & Cheslely are the best dancers and they have the best chemistry, 2nd is Natalie and Alec who are right behind them.....of course the athletes!!

October 6, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Linda

I'm guessing that at least one-half of the complainers are jealous of Samantha because she is so beautiful and nice. I cannot believe you would prefer Drew Lachey! Good dancer, but he was in way over his head as a host. Keep Samantha! She is doing the job she was hired to do.

October 6, 2009 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Connie

Donny was only kidding around with Bruno. To title this article "Dancing Star Tries To Make Out With Judge." Honestly, do you really have nothing better to report? Obviously, the writer of this article did not see the show. And the last time I checked Donny Osmond is happily married to a woman and has even fathered his children. I think the Dancing With The Stars "family" all get along well and I think it is a wonderful show. Even though, I am not familiar with a lot of the stars this season, I am enjoying it. I do agree with the others regarding Samantha Harris. I to, cannot stand her. I think she sounds like she has a mouth full of doo doo and that is why she talks so funny. I love you Donny Osmond, Aaron Carter and Mya!! Also, for the dancing pros...I love Alec,his wife Edyta(dont think I spelled it right), Derek, Chelsea and Maks!!!

October 6, 2009 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. April, Austin, TX

To Judi – You are not alone! I HAVE to fast forward when she speaks! I really dislike her SO much!

October 6, 2009 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Julie

I love this show. I have watched every season. I love the dancing,songs and the beautiful costumes they wear.I Agree with alot of the other people. Samantha Harris is terrible. She has no personality. Drew Lacey was alot better host. I was a big fan of Donny growing up. I hope he at least get farther then Marie. She always had and has to get in the last word.

October 6, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Joe

Tom is creepy.

Samantha is annoying – what was with her hair a couple episodes ago???

Lacey Schwimmer is a whole bag of yum!

October 6, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Fran

I totally agree! Goodbye Samantha!!!

Luv ya Donnie.

October 6, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Diana

ok...as to who should leave tonight, I hope that Tom D takes his Dr's advice and bows out...not because I don't like him but because I have had a stress fracture in my foot and it's not funny...the fact that he got through even the first three steps of that performance last night with stress fractures in both feet absolutely amazed me. If he were to bow out, Michael might get to stay one more week.

Now...DWTS as family entertainment is a BIG stretch! Just the costumes alone make it difficult for me to let my kiddos watch. It seems to have become a contest to see who can wear the skimpiest costume each week! The underwear models in the Victoria's Secrets catalog wear more clothing!

Samantha Harris also doesn't bother me...Bruno makes me nuts...what was it Len said last night 'you need a checkup from the neck up'...

October 6, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ShysMom

Not interested this Season!!

October 6, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Deb

I don't think anyone likes Samantha Harris. She must have a multi-year contract to stay on this show! The three night premier was too much. They don't even need a one hour recap and elimination show, just tell us who's voted off at the start of next Monday's show. The judges scores should count for more than America's vote. This show is all about who has the most fans, and some of these people can't possibly have fans, so if they're better dancers than others it doesn't matter. I wish they would have a season with all good dancers, it would be worth watching for sure!!

October 6, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Karen

Tom DeLay's got guts, but I cringe every time they announce his name. Can't dance his way out of a paper bag. As for Samantha Harris, I am sooooo glad that I am not the only one that wants to rip their eyes out and puncture their ear drums every time she's on the screen. Pretty girl, but what a waste of screen time.

October 6, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Judee

The show is ok, for a reality type show..My problem is the way the audience is allowed to whoop, clap & cheer over nothing. The dancing couple will come out, do one step and the audience leaps to their feet, cheering way over the top. You can barely hear Tom talking , the audience is so loud. There is NO reason for that much 'excitement'.. I'm guessing ABC has some kind of sign that comes on, telling them to clap..but enough already..it drives me crazy. Wait until the dance is over, then clap, then Shut Up already...
    Tom Delay should have never been chosen for the show. He is not a 'star' of anything. He was active in the Republican party & got into big trouble. That does not make him a star. I cringe when he dances..
    But I would settle on watching him if the studio audience would act like normal people watching dancers..You would think these people had been isolated on an island somewhere & just rescued and brought to the studio.. I also hate the way the audience Boos and yells when the judges don't give out a score they think is deserved..Disagree quietly, no need to be so rude and loud with your opinion..

October 6, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jim

Donnie reminds me of Cloris Leachman and her stupid attempts for attention. The sooner he is off, the better.

October 6, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Coco

For crying out loud, this was done in a humorous way. Has anyone considered Donny's religious beliefs?? He even joked about being allowed back in Utah.

Laugh people. It was meant to be funny! Why is this even an issue.

October 6, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Amy

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand Samantha Harris. There has to be at least one other person in all of Hollywood who looks good in a dress AND can actually host. Granted she has to deliver most of the fluff and repetitive questions, but that's only more of a reason to find someone who can deliver and do it with some personality. Personally, I fast forward past anything that has her talking for more than two sentences.

October 6, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. nmk

Samatha Harris has over stayed her welcome, please find someone who is not so annoying. She seems so out of place. Her dresses are always so low cut, showing to much cleveage.

October 6, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. shiela kerr

Samantha Harris is no worse than Tom. She is placed in an awkward position where the stars come after they have been successful or unsuccessful.. I know she is sure very pretty and has a good command of the English Language. All of the questions are pretty silly for both hosts.

October 6, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lyn

I LOVE Dancing with the Stars! To all of you complaining about certain dancers...I'd like to see you out on that floor. It's hard work! How else do you think Marie started her stunning weight loss? I just think if you have a problem with somebody on the show, then don't vote for them! Plain and simple. They show has to have some great and some not so great dancers for their system to even work. I personally think Donny Osmond is a GREAT dancer. His sister Marie wasn't so great to start with, but improved throughout the season. The fact that she took second place is proof of that. They are both wonderful entertainers for young and old. Keep up the good work DWTS! I love your show!!

October 6, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. R

This is the first season I'm waiting till about four couples go then I'll watch full-time. The band is the best thing on this show.

October 6, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Sheila

I think Mya will win

October 6, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sally

Contestant making out with a judge....give me a break. And it being Donnie Osmond of all people. Are you so narrow minded you can't tell a joke. The only negative thing is they run out of time every week, so the playing around takes away time from whatever. Really I just as well listen to Tom as he is the funniest host on TV.

October 6, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Robin

Look, ABC is scum. Look at the shows that feature girl/girl sexual relationships and even in so called prime time. Look at DWTS. You would think a good show for the family but they continue to throw in the comments and then Donny last night. That was uncalled for. The clapping and screaming while Tom or Samantha is talking, cut it out!!! That is stupid. Again ABC is S-C-U-M.

October 6, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Debbie

I really do not like watching Samantha Harris. She is awful, and I wish they would replace her.

October 6, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jac

I hate to admit I really like watching this show, especially watching the real athletes in their field learn to dance. The skaters, gymnasts, snowboarders, swimmers are fun to watch overcome their individiual habits of their sport. The mid-life crisis guys drive me crazy. It's embarrassing to watch these old wannabe- young -again dorks with their dyed hair and wrinkles wiggling their rear at the camera. Donny and Marie, really....grow up. I'm a Mormon and they embarrass me and my religion.

Samantha does have an annoying man-voice, and seems to be there for what reason? I love the design of the costumes. Those designers are amazing and don't get the credit they deserve. Just stay away from the old people who had it 40 years ago, but just need to give it a rest. Maybe they could have a Senior Dancing With the Stars for those show offs.

October 6, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Annierae

Vote off Samantha Harris and vote in Drew Lachey and vote off Len and vote in Paula Abdul. Len is gone beyond rude and is becoming downright cruel. He forgets the people competing are not professional athletes like Cheryl and the other pro dancers

October 6, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lowdown

Eugene said "Donnie has spent his whole life competing with Marie"

Donny Osmond was a household name before anyone heard of Marie. I think you have it backwards.

October 6, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Cathy

Nice to know I'm not the only one who dislikes Samantha. She talks in a monotone, asks stupid, juvenile questions of the dancers & appears overall not too bright. She's also on one of the entertainment fluff shows in the evening, which I don't watch because of her. I liked it much better when she was replaced by Drew Lachey for a few weeks. And those man-arms of hers are disgusting to look at. Get rid of her!!!

October 6, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. danw

To people who refer to "has-beens:" It is preferable to be a "has-been" than a "never-was."

October 6, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Laurie

Did Samantha ask Donny during the post dance interview if there was any tongue? God , that woman needs to GO~

October 6, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. SHAWN

Please get rid of Samantha Harris. She always looks so spastic and
    jerky! She is not a good co-host at all. The questions she ask are so stupid!

October 6, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Anne

Funny you should all mention Samantha Harris. I didn't mind her all the other years but she seems like a mannequin or a deer caught in the headlights most times. I love the idea of having a prior contestant filling her role.

October 6, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Royalann

GO DONNY! That's about all i can say....had every "Tiger Beat" poster of his on my bedroom walls growing up...and he's still got it.....any man in Hollyweird that can stay married for over 30 yrs gets my vote....

October 6, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. KA Wood

Response to Lynn D,
    I was lucky enough to have been at a live taping of one of the result shows last spring, everyone there was very excited and alot of the clapping , yelling etc. is for real, but there is someone there that makes sure that the energy level stays very high. Thats all part of being at a live taping and we were told what to expect when we arrived.
    It was a blast and one of the highlights of our trip to Hollywood!

October 6, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Janey

I think Samantha Harris should be voted off the show!!!!!

October 6, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sandy

I never had an issue with Samantha either. My vote is with my man, Donny! He seems to have calmed down quite a bit from the first night, must have taken the advise from the judges and his fans. Thank you Donny for being there for us and keep on dancin'!

October 6, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Kelsey

Love this show. It's great entertainment. Even have my grumpy old husband watching it. But something has to be done about Samantha. She's not quite right.

October 6, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. lori

Wow! If the producers of this show- and Heads of ABC continue ignoring us Viewers- If they refuse do/ see how we feel and continue denying us the respect we deserve (AFTER ALL- THEY ARE NOTHING WITHOUT US!) Then we should all appeal to the DWTS and NetWork's sponsers and ask them to pull out for our sake and in protest! (They too depend on us for their livlihood!)
    We all want Samantha Gone- We all Think Tom can do the Job much better SOLO! We all think the judges are overly harsh unnecessarly -more times than not- etc. etc. etc. It is a NO BRAINER– WE ARE IN FACT A MASS Of MILLIONS & MILLIONS !!!! Who else out there in TV land USA thinks perhaps "ABC and those in charge of DWTS" are selfishly, uncaring of what we think and instead are doing as they so Arrogantly please.

October 6, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Gail

yeah, i don't like samantha harris either.

October 6, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Donna

I agree about Samantha Harris, she just gets on my nerves. Anyone would be better than her. Donnie was just goofing around. I think Michael should probably go home tonite. It's not a show about has-beens. It's a show about people coming out of their comfort zone and trying something completely new.

October 6, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Carol W.

I guess I am one of the few who does not have a problem with Samantha Harris. I have never found her to be annoying, and I think that she does as well at interviewing the contestants as anyone else could. I thought that the Donnie and Bruno thing went on too long and wasted too much time. I think that the next one to go should be Tom Delay. He's actually a pretty good dancer, considering his age and his injuries, but if his doctor and the show's producers urged him to withdraw, he should follow their advice.

October 6, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. rob

Tom DeLay stinks.

October 6, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  53. TINA

I love watching Samantha Harris... you never know what is going to come out of her mouth.

There are so many that need to go it is hard to choose one for tonight...

October 6, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Erik

Please get rid of Samantha Harris! I have to mute the TV whenever she's on.

October 6, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  55. djj

I agree with Sue T.

Bring back Drew Lachey!! He was great as a guest host.

October 6, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Veronica P.

Wow... and I thought I was only one sitting at home every week screaming at the tv every time Samantha speaks. I mean really, the questions that she asks and comments she makes are so "wanna punch you in the throat" stupid I keep wondering how she's lasted so long.

October 6, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. djj

Every time Samantha Harris comes on we Tivo right past her. I can't stand that woman!

October 6, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  58. euguene

As long as Joanna Krupa is on the show, life is good.

Tom needs to go, he looks absurd, counting every step. Donnie has spent his whole life competing with Marie and that is kind of sad. Did anyone notice snowboarding guy looks like a young relative of Mel Gibson?

October 6, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  59. FormerFan

Briarios–I have no problem with kissing on a program that I decide to watch as an adult, my problem is with the over-the-top innuendos that kids are watching.

ABC works very hard to build their ratings in the family demographics, and this kind of programming will lead to an erosion in ratings. As a parent, its getting harder and harder to trust that a network won't pull a quick stunt to get a spike that won't offend.

October 6, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Kate

Since this show (like Entertainment Tonight) has totally been taken over by the Osmonds, I've stopped watching. They've ruined it for me!

Was nauseating enough when Marie was on it much less Donny now

Guess they'll have the whole clan there eventually – oh joy

Never could stand any of the O'bunch back in the day especially Donny & Marie and God spare us from more of the cheesy, corny crap they used to spew out weekly on their show!

But in all fairness they're not the only reason I've stopped watching Dancing – just the lack of anyone interesting during the last couple of seasons period

Maks would be the only reason I would consider watching again anyway at this point

October 6, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Sue T

I LOVED when Drew Lachey and Tom Bergeron were hosting together. Now that was fun to watch! Samantha Harris came back and blah blah blah. She needs to go!

October 6, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Ron

DWTS and its ilk are reminiscent of the "Circus of the Stars" which was popular with the has-beens when I was a kid. At least it beats any "reality" show.

October 6, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jason

Samantha Harris is doing a fine job. No one is perfect. As far as Donny's humor last night...it was great for laughs. The show by no means at all went over the top. You can turn to any channel and watch any show and 99% of those will have more sexual content than DWTS. Come on people.....GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  64. dennisk

Each season I am amazed how I start to care about the "stars," many of whom I had never heard of before. Overall, this may be the best group they've had; even the lead-foots seem to be trying hard.
    I'd like to make it unanimous (so far) about Samantha Harris. I do not understand who she might appeal to. If the judges scored her comments, they'd never have to put down their "1" paddles.

October 6, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. HFleming

I agree about Samantha. I cringe every time she has to speak to the contestants after their performances.

October 6, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Gloria in San Leandro

Interesting comments, totally agree, Samantha Harris is annoying to say the least. But then so is Len most of the time. Anyone who was offended by Donny's response to Bruno last night is probably a homophobic and needs to get a real life. Frankly, I laughed my you know what off. Didn't realize Donny was so fast on his feet, am thoroughly enjoying him, and hoping he would win, if not for himself, then for Kim who is one of the best dancers on the show and always seems to get stuck with partners that don't last through the 3rd week. And she loses so gracefully with a smile on her face....
    Also wondered what the show was thinking when the decision to interview Paula, that was just wasted time.

October 6, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Mel

Tom Delay has got to go! It is painful to watch him dance and he gives me the creeps. I didn't even watch Michael dance, but apparently he did not do well. I also think that the crowd noise is rIdiculously loud. I don't even turn the volume up until the dancers start up. Looks like Mya is the one to beat, but I would like to see Kelly go all the way.

October 6, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Raquel

I truly enjoyed watching the show when Samantha Harris was on maternity leave. She is the worst co-host ever! Tom Bergeron does an incredible job solo. ABC needs to get rid of her immediately!

October 6, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Lori Bibeau

I'm voting for Donny to go all the way to the top. Please get rid of Samantha. She has no talent. She can't ad lib or carry on a conversation. She ruins the show for me. Bye Bye Sam!

October 6, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Debbie

Cannot believe Samantha has lasted this long. LOVE Tom, but can't stand Samantha. Really wish they would let her go.

October 6, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. DWTSfans

Well most everything being said ....I agree with some of it. family valve ...long gone ....are you looking at the costumes !! Opening week ...yes 3 nights was way to much .

60 minutes and a 30 minute recap/results show would be plenty. Don't forget how ABC ruined " who wants to be a millionair " by putting it on 4 nights a week !

We now watch to see the pros(and who they got stuck with ) as they have become celebs themselves .

And a final note ...... ABC ....next season ...get Christina Applegate !!!

October 6, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Becky

It's just a show – like every other show watch it if you want, if you don't like it or find it objectionable change the channel or turn it off.

No telling who is going to get voted off tonight – I would like to see Aaron go – in my opinion his ego is way to big.

October 6, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Donna

Lighten up people, the guy was only having fun. Embarrasing was Cloris Lechman pulling her dress up and hiking her leg up on the Judge's table. NOW THAT WAS GROSS!

October 6, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Gerri in Philadelphia

I can't stand Samantha Harris! Not for her personality, but for her monotone voice. blah, blah, blah........I always mute her when she comes on! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    I also think there are just too many contestants. After last night's show, I told my husband that watching the show was pure torture!! And I agree that the results show should only be 30 minutes!!

October 6, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  75. GaryJ in NC

Okay, Samantha Harris is cute, but she needs to grow up. Her "tongue" remark las night was clearly inappropriate and she should be counseled to be more careful in the future. Give Tom Delay an "A" for effort, but he won't last long. At least Cloris Leachman was funny. Michael Irwin just doesn't have the moves. Warren Sapp had great moves for a big man but Michael is no Warren Sapp. I think he'll be voted off tonight fo be followed by Debra, Melissa, and Tom. Then we can get down to a serious dance competition.

October 6, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Briarios

FormerFan: Since when is kissing someone considered sexual content? If you have to qualify your remark by stating that you're not a prude, then you have a problem that two women may kiss, then I think you'll find that you resemble your remark.

October 6, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Lisa Karch

Samantha Harris is horrible. Her questions are dumb. Tom can do it alone! I don't watch as much of the show because of Samantha Harris.

October 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  78. KS

There are far more entertaining programs on CBS Monday nights..give How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory a try...plotlines! Actors. Remember those?

October 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jimbo

Tom D. has to be voted out. Samantha has to go. She isn't very good and her voice is so low and monotone I can't hear half of what she is saying anyway. IF they keep her they need to keep the background noise lower so we can hear what they are saying. Even Tom is hard to hear sometimes but Samantha - gotta go, Sorry Sam. She seems like a nice lady but ....
    Chelsea and Louie – together ? They sure look comfy together !
    I don't think Debi Mazar and Tony are doing well together....Maybe next to go. They seem distant.

October 6, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Lisa

One more thing; I do agree with Former Fan in that the show is inappropriate, at times. The sexual comments are embarrassing to hear when you're watching with a) your children and/or b) your elderly parents! That isn't entertainment to me (or many others) and they need to tone it down or they will indeed lose some of their audience.

October 6, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Glenn

Samantha Harris is so annoying. Please get rid of her. She is so arrogant, has terrible questions. She should be hosting the California Lottery.

October 6, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Lisa

I've been watching DWTS since (almost) the beginning and I think Samantha Harris does a great job. She has to interview all kinds of celebrities, (& non-celebrities) and put up with different egos and temperaments; not an easy task, especially in the short time period that she's allowed. She's kind-hearted and usually seems to say the right thing and put the contestants at ease. I think she has a good rapport with the contestants, judges and her co-host, Tom. She adds class to the show.

October 6, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  83. FormerFan

My family has long enjoyed the show. Its been great to see my children appreciate different dances and learn about showmanship. However last night's show was over the top with so many overtly sexual (homosexual as well as straight) remarks that my kids told me that they felt uncomfortable since it was inappropriate (their words not mine).

Samantha made it worse with her "shoulda slipped him some tongue:" remark, and what was Paula doing there to even comment on making out with Carrie?!!

We are not prudes, but the sexual content is overshadowing the dancing and my family will be finding something else to watch from now on.

ABC–you'd better get a grip on this, or you are going to lose that valuable "family" audience you so cherish.

October 6, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Iloria

Debra should leave, she thinks she is all that. It's like watching a stick do turns.

October 6, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Kathy

Judi – I TOTALLY agree with you. Samantha Harris is very, very irritating. I wish they would replace her. Her remark to one of the contestants last night, I think it was Donny or it could have been Kelly (I'm not sure), that he/she should have given a little tongue was totally uncalled for. I hope either Tom and Michael get the boot tonight.

October 6, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Lynn Droney

The most irritating thing about the show is that constant clapping screaming and whistling, now come on, the audience can't be THAT happy!!! AND< Tom and Samantha Yelling over this so called glee!

October 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  87. JAN

TOM DELAY NEEDS TO GO

October 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Debra N.

I think that Michael Irvin is gone. Bless his heart he trys so hard but just does not have it! I give credit to Tom D for getting out there and trying so hard as well but he just does not have it and never will. I think that he will get the sympathy vote though. How about Mya!!! That girl can dance! I too, thought the Donny/Bruno thing was funny and I hope to see more light hearted exchanges from the rest of the cast. Keep on Dancing! I love this show!!

October 6, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Caroline M

Can DWTS just get rid of Samantha Harris.. she's horrible.. can't speak correctly and frankly is not funny.. Tom can run that show alone.. have past contestant fill in for Samantha's job..

October 6, 2009 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Rodney

Please FIRE Samantha Harris.

October 6, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Debra R

We all need some enetertainment. For me this show is all about relaxing. Will it change the world? No. Will it take my mind off the world. YES. It is a positve, fun show. I have respect for these celebs going so far out of their comfort zone. I'd rather watch this than any backstabbing reality show any day of the week.

October 6, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  92. VICKI

THE SHOW WON'T PLEASE EVERYONE, BUT THEN NO SHOW DOES. SOME OF US ENJOY WATCHING THE DANCING, AND HOW THE PRO'S ACCOMODATE THEIR STARS' CAPABILITIES, BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN EASY JOB. THE PROS ARE EXCELLENT ATHELETES, AND IT SHOWS. THE MOST INTERESTING PART, IS HOW MANY OF THE BALLROOM DANCES ARE BEING DANCED TO JUST ABOUT ANY KIND/TYPE/STYLE OF MUSIC, WHICH SHOWS ALL AGES THAT ANY DANCE, CAN BE DANCED TO MORE THAN JUST 1 TYPE OF MUSIC. I'M ENJOYING THE SEASON SO FAR, NO COMPLETE FRONT RUNNER FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, AND INTERESTING AND FUN THINGS KEEP HAPPENING. DONNY & BRUNO WERE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Jean

I think Michael Irvin will be voted off tonight. He seems to be trying so hard, but the judges seem to have it in for him. BTW, I agree with Judi: Samanta Harris has become really irritating. She is very pretty and her wardrobe is great, but she always manages to look like an eight year old playing dress up.

October 6, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  94. RALl

I don't care to choose yet.
    This is a good family show perhaps to calm for those who need thier weekly fix of violence & bloody & guts shows.
    This one is for all of us.
    Dancing is great and Tom D keep on Dancin!!
    The voters chose who goes as it should be.
    usually the one who wins deserves it.
    ThIS IS A GREAT EVENING WITH DANCING LAUGHS WHATEVER ELSE COME INCLUDING SOME GREAT MUSICAL GUESTS.

October 6, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  95. MJR

Tom DeLay looks lost! He is so out of it. He should be the next one voted off the show. As a matter of fact he should have been booted from the very beginning.

October 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Judi

I watch the first round of dances and then don't watch again there's only 4 or 5 dancers left. I think the 3-night premiere was a bit much. Way too much fill and fluff not enough dancing. The producers are sure milking the guest singers and Macy's Stars of Dance for all they're worth. Just show the dances one night and do a 30 minute recap and elimination show the next night. BTW – Am I the only person who thinks that Samantha Harris is irritating and her voice grates on your nerves?!

October 6, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jo Navarro

It is a ridiculous show anyway. All about has-beens or people we have never heard of. Quit watching it after first season when they treated the girl who won so poorly and let that ignorant as* of a man have a second chance with his crying act. Ridiculous show about dancing by has-beens.

October 6, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Debra R

Good going Tom!!! Don't give up!!!!

October 6, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Debra R

Donny, Donny, Donny...LOVE YOU!!!!

October 6, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jeff

Donny went past the point of embarrassment. Probably got him a point or two.

October 6, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |