October 5th, 2009

'Entourage' finale full of signatures

This season, we've shared a lot together. We've loved Ari, we've kinda liked Turtle and we've flat-out hated Ashley. We've spoken directly to the TV (I know I have - don't judge), we've wondered if the show has lost its mojo, if its jumped the shark, and/or if "Entourage" had sold itself out for the sake of running short on its own material. But now, we are at the end.

Entourage finale

Let me say, for all the many good/bad/love/hate moments in this season, I believe we've seen a fitting conclusion. The final show was chock full of "Entourage" signatures, with a few new wrinkles in our boys' situations.

First, Turtle's abrupt end to our fantasy  - his relationship with Jamie Lynn Sigler - was jarring. I adapted thanks to Brooke (hot chicks always help, right?) but then the kid has a meltdown and I suffer a big let-down. Come on Turtle, why can't I have the rest of that scene? It was going so well! As a result, both Brooke - in her dorm room - and me - on my couch as I watched - had the rug snatched from under us as Turtle just couldn't get over Jamie-Lynn. Fine, we'll deal with it.

Meanwhile, Ari gave a scintillating sermon on exactly why the takeover was going to be his crowning achievement. In one eloquent, fell swoop, Ari verbally processed his intent with passion and sheer contempt. This speech in a word? Let's say: enthralling. It was a fist-pumper and I did just that by the time Ari was done.

We also got to see another side of Drama in the show. I thought it was really endearing to see Drama lay down his cracked shell, reveal his inherent vulnerability and subsequently kill it in his audition. We root for him because he never gives up, but Drama never quite gets it right either. I loved Drama's laughable line re: the insistent Matt Damon..."Sorry bro, he Jason Bourne'd me!"

If this episode missed a step at all, color me the Russian judge to deduct points for that "Matt Damon aggression in the name of his charity" concept. It all felt like a square peg forced into a circular hole as Damon, Bono, (and later) Lebron James were "thrown" into the episode for cameo's sake. Fellas listen: I'm a huge fan of the three of you. You guys make great movies, music and last-second shots to win NBA games, but you have to understand one thing: you just weren't "needed" in this episode.

Speaking of needs, please ask me if I needed Sloan back on a regular basis. The answer is "si", "oui", and "yes" - I absolutely did. But, I'm not sure I needed Eric to go THAT far to keep her around. Was it admirable? Certainly. But will the "gi-normous" lock-down move he made seismically shift things for the group in upcoming shows? We shall see.

Summing it up, this final episode was delightful and I enjoyed it. It may sound cliche', but the best was indeed saved for last. The creators of the show gave us more than enough to come back for more and look forward to a seventh season. Shall I return for more "Entourage" blogs? The answer is "si", "oui" and "yes" I will, and I hope you will too.

Loved, kinda liked, or hated the finale? Let us know!

Post by:
Filed under: Entourage • television

1. Junnis Hugger

This message is for Dereyck Moore.

Why are you tryin to sleep with my wife?

Get a life, I hope that pretty lady you got know whats up.

October 12, 2009 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bILLYd

Loved it! The show is on the right track again... can't wait for the return!

October 6, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Madeline

The only complain I have is why only 12 episdoes serieses use to be 22 episodes a season I hate waiting for a year for only 12 episodes

October 6, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Madeline

I loved this show especially Ari but I have a feeling Ashley will be coming back pregnant to cause problems with the new engaged couple

October 6, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. No1's Grace Makutsi

LOVED THE FINAL EPISODE! The last 3 episodes of the season were great !

October 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. selena

I loved this show...every bit of it....Ari and the paintgun classic..and the people scurring like insects was soooo funny...and Matt Damon at the end LMAO

October 6, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ernie

The finale was great; the season was a little disappointing. The Jaime Lyn/Turtle relationship was cute, but not believable. I am a huge fan and I'm looking forward to the next season!

October 6, 2009 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. Gus Parsons San Diego,CA

wow,i just read alot of these post,for those who took the time to #number your complaints,go back to school get a degree,and write your own plots and start your own show....

i watch this show with a goal of being entertained,just like i have been for all the past seasons!!

if you people watch this show to crap on it,well crap on you! this show is by far the best show ever! its nothing like anything else on t.v

anyway...next season is to far away in my eyes! and please H.B.O JUST ONCE,CAN WE GET A WHOLE HOUR!!!!

P.S WHO MADE ARI'S PAINTBALL GUN???

gus@fcdub.com

October 6, 2009 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jim Gonzalez

ARI ACTUALLY HUGGED LLOYD!!!... that should be enough said. Worst episode this season (and that's saying something). At least Doug Ellin had the guts to show his face on the episode that saw the Evel Knievel Caesar's Palace-type crash landing of the season that made our much loved Sunday night show officially jump the shark.
    I'm guessing that one of the group will be written off this hiatus and Ted McGinley is already in negotiations to step in as their distant cousin. Thank God/Larry David for Curb.

October 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. danw

Loved Ari asking the marriage counselor if he and Mrs. Ari can f^^^ on her couch. Then the other side of Ar with Lloyd and Terrance And the paintball! What a great character.

don't like vince's character, the acting and dude, please hit the gym.

October 5, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. t

I was reading the insiders long comments. I am quite impressed that this is the possible route that the show will go. To me it still means nothing. The show jumped the shark in the 4th season. Who cares about turtle and jamie lynn. No one care about them in private or on the show. What did she actually contribute to the show. Not a damn thing. What was she suppose to do bring the hotness. Sorry she failed on all accounts. Vince had no role in this season period. His best work was the final show from the fifth season when things fell apart. We got to see a great actor. Now he is just a prop. I never liked drama but i did love the speech he gave to the melrose people. I love Sloan and E. I always have. As for Ari and Lloyd i have and will always love them. They make the show what it is. Make season 7 the last give ari and lloyd there own show. They are the only two keeping the show alive.

October 5, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dara

fantastic Season Finale...
    Matt Damon & boys – i coulda done without also.. it was a lil too much.
    I loved to reconcilliation between Terrence & Ari - Loved the Paintball scene and he did the Right thing w/Lloyd - we love Lloyd, right?!!??
    I'm sad for Turtle & Jamie - very happy for Eric & Sexy Sloan...

Can't wait to see how things unfold for Johnny Drama w/his new show or whatever they "develop" for him...

Can't wait for next season!!!!!!

October 5, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. William

Loved it. Plain and simple. I am a die-hard Entourage fan and I loved every moment of last night's episode.
    I was swept away, but not surprised, by Ari's more than overwhelming diatribe aimed toward his wife, his therapist, his enemies, and himself.
    It was interesting to go to school and talk to my friends and realize that Vince, the main character of the series, was basically playing backseat to his "amigos." A lot of the conflict and interest was layed into the more minor characters of Turtle, Drama, Eric, and Ari.
    The fact that Entourage brings in that aspect of real time Hollywood is amazing. When one of Terrance's old agents attempts to reason with Ari by saying "I represent Jon and Kate Plus" I couldn't help but laugh.
    That is what its all about. Making it seem like what we watch is actually happeing in Hollywood.
    Finally, Matt Damon. Necissary. Maybe not for the episode but the after credit bit where Damon makes repeated calls to Vince left me in stitches. It showed a new side of Damon and also some creativity from the cast and crew of Entourage.
    So, yes, I loved the finale to say the least and I will be waiting for season seven updates.

October 5, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Alice

The season started out slow...but continued to gain momentum..and finished great!! Overall I loved this season.

October 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. EM

whoa whoa whoa...what do you mean the matt damon thing was not needed??? YES IT WAS! LBJ not needed...Bono not needed but Matt Damon...HI-EFFIN-Larious...the tirade at the end had me in tears...

why no mention of Ari making a Lloyd a real agent??? that was great...Drama tickles me...i can't wait to see what next season brings...hopefully we don't have to wait til june...that would be torture...

October 5, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Judy, Los Angeles, CA

I loved this season because the characters are growing and actually maturing and it is gratifying to watch. I love that Turtle wants to better himself, I love that Drama's persistence is paying off, I love that E grew up. This is life, sure, they'll probably all have relapses next season, but finally they seem more real, they all have good, redeeming qualities, even Ari can be nice. To me they expanded from mere caricatures to more realistic people this season, and that made it infinitely more interesting to me. Now we have to work on Vince. He's the only one who lacks depth at this point. In short, I think the series is getting better, and the finale was great.

October 5, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Curt

Great show, Ari with the paintball gun, Drama finally catches a break, and I did find the Matt Damon thing a little out of place but funny. Not so sure I'm liking the Turtle or E relationship situations though. Great show in general, the one complaint I've had about the show since the very beginning still stands. Hour long episodes please, this 23-24 minutes per episode thing is just not enough. At least the finale was a good 44 minutes.

October 5, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mike Marrero

Loved the finale! I pretty much enojyed the whole season even though Vince took a backseat on this one. Ari stole the show with the Terminator "Firings"...

October 5, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. InsideSource

The reason Terrence McQuewick, Ari's former partner and former boss at his original agency, wanted Ari to buy his agency is to ultimately screw Ari. Here's how: Terrence is in the middle of a divorce and by selling the company now he can hide/ control/ spend the money before his current wife's attorneys assign a value and a partial claim to it in settlement. Knowing that Ari would suspect something Terrence could reason that Ari would eventually contact Terrences' wife since Terrence is also was aware of her & Ari's past but brief relationship. And since he can now prove that Ari knew before purchasing his agency that he was going though a divorce Ari now has no case for this not being disclosed. Terrence's wife then still has a justifiable claim to the agency because she is entitled to anything 'in name' of her husbands. And at the very least she has a claim as to the value of the 'Terrence McQuewick' name brand that the agency retained. That is why Terrence slipped in the addendum retaining the agency's name at the last second and why the show made a big deal out of it. Next season Ari will have to take on the X Mrs. McQuewick as a partner or pay money they don't have. At which point Terrance will make nice with is wife, end the divorce, and be right back in control at the agency. How you ask – remember Ari is only a half partner now shared with Barbara 'Babs' Miller – the agency they are buying is a bit bigger, Terrence & his wife together would normally only represent half of the original Terrence McQuewick agency because it was sold – BUT if her attorneys claim that Ari colluded with Terrence to deprive X Mrs. McQuewick of her rightful claim BEFORE Terrence makes a convenient arrangement with his wife then she could end up with a controlling share. Eric's engagement to Sloan ( Terrence's daughter ) ties into all of this and will create some tests between them not to mention his upcoming bachelor party. Jamie-Lynn Sigler is back from her shoot and we pick up with Turtle pressed into service as the reluctant 'Player'. Turtle will be in the unlikely but enviable position of having multiple women vying for his affections as Jamie-Lynn finds Turtle well cared for when she returns. Adrian Grenier who plays Vince has a scheduling conflict due to a role in a feature currently in production and will be temporarily replaced on the show by a piece of cardboard. Other points of interest are: The wardrobe for the boys that up until this season has been supplied by Sears will now be supplied by Wal-Mart. Drama's wardrobe will still be purchased at garage sales. Eric and Sloan will stay together without infidelity due to the fact that they have run out of attractive midgets in hollywood to play his love interests. Ari's toupee also has a scheduling conflict with a prior commitment to William Shatner and will now be played by one of Tiger Woods divots.

October 5, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Bryan

I thought the season finale was great. Had the right momentum and direction to end this season properly. I also thought it was hilarious to see Ari come out of the elevator with a paintball gun, and blast away Davis. Plus, the ending scene with Matt Damon calling Vince about the missing paycheck was ecstatic and awesome. What a funny scene with Matt calling Vince dozens of times asking, then yelling, then finally crying, about the missing paycheck.

October 5, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. J.R.

Entourage has been lacking something this season but the finale was fitting. It closed off everything nice and makes me look forward to next season. The creators/producers of this show need to take it in a different direction because it is starting to get just a little stale but still a great show!!

October 5, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Alex

You can see the series starting to come to an end, they've already started to tie up all the loose ends. Ari and Terrance making peace, E and Sloan, finally getting together for real, Drama having a series built around him, Vince finally taken as a serious actor, and Turtle, well, guess we'll see about him. I love this show, and already, can't wait till next season. VICTORY!!!!!!!

October 5, 2009 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Andre

Darn...I totally missed the Matt Damon rant after the credits! I'll be sure to catch the repeat. "It's for the kids!" LOL.

October 5, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GLB

Question.. when does the next season start? Does anyone know yet???Great Show Last Night.

October 5, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Fortuneman

I loved the finale! Had this been the series finale instead of the season finale I still would've loved it. They tied up lots of loose ends that the show has had for years. And at the same time gave hints of where the guys' lives are headed. So all in all it was a great way to end a not so great but still good season. They've got a lot great possibilities for Season 7 stories.

October 5, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. MIke

Listen all !!!! This show rocks! Every year they bring all of us back because we love to see what will happen next to " The Crew". Some of the best moments in the shows history happened this year. From Turtle and Brady to Ari and Klien to Drama and the networks. Also lets not forget about JAMIE !!!! Meadow Soprano is still hotter then ever......the thing Im going to miss the most about this show is DRAMA! Without him or Ari this show would have never made it past season 2. So thanks to all for making this show happen and damn it " He Jason Bourned me"

October 5, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Samantha

Loved it!!! The only thing I was sad about was that Turtle & Jamie Lynn did not stay together. It would have been nice to see them reunite in New Zealand but I guess that is not realistic!~ So happy Sloane & Eric are engaged :0)

October 5, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. DeeWA2009

I actually wondered if it was the END of the series by the end of the show. Seemed so much closure occurred. Not the usual cliffhanger.

I have watched every episode from day one, and thought it was a GREAT "season" finale.

October 5, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Paul

I loved the cameo from Matt Damon. I hate the character development of Eric. It's almost like they ran out of stuff for him to do so they said let's pair him with any hot chick that comes along. Does his character have any sex appeal whatsoever? Can someone answer me that? He takes from his "job" whenever he wants... and now what... he just goes to Italy on a whim. I wish they would just kill him off.

October 5, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. E

Estelle, it's a guy thang. You wouldn't understand!!! It's a great show and Jason Bourne deserves another Oscar for his meltdown at the end!!!!

October 5, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Brad

I have to agree with Dulany that Matt Damon was awesome at the end of the show. His parts during the show were kind of odd, but I am guessing that the show may have been making fun of someone in real life Hollywood who is like that. I had tears in my eyes at the end though as he went through his different stages.

October 5, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. chrissy kuo

The finale? not impressed. Didn't really have a hook...it felt like the show was ending. The "Entourage" is no more! E is going with Sloan..which by the way, as a woman...her little test of E at the end was classic girl no no...don't test the guy, just tell him what you want him to do! and if it NOT ok for him to go with his friends, don't say it IS!! stupid!

As for the turtle thing...don't care...they're not an impressive couple on the show. Jaimelynn didn't make sense as her rationale to break it up. stupid...no wonder hollywood couples never stay today, they're in their own world of reality.

The only entertaining part of the show was with Ari! I love his character and his relationship with his wife! Love it! Love Lloyd!

Overall, not impressed with the finale...but of course am looking forward to another season of Entourage!

October 5, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jacques

Wicked awesome episode.

October 5, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  34. Rich

Did anyone else fall out of their chair laughing when Ari arrived at Terrance's agency in full 'Terminator' mode?

October 5, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  35. Lesley

Bono was a huge unexpected Bonus!

October 5, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  36. Kelvin

Well now I will just have to watch reruns until season 7 starts. The finale was excellent. Ari was on top of his game as usual but even more so if that's at all possible. Turtles in love, Drama realizes he is an accomplished actor despite everything. Sloan is hot and classy (got the sense that when Eric ditch her she took it rather hard). Eric realized that Sloan is one in a million (not to mention clean). And of course Venni is staring in yet another block buster movie but maintains his feet on the ground surround by loving friends & family, dam i'm tearing up...Let's hug it out bitach'!

October 5, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  37. Bobcat

it was a killer season finale. i knew it wasn't gonna last with jamie.....and i'm glad sloan's back. i loathed ashley the psycho. great cameos especially matt damon. Ari with the paintball gun = AWESOME

October 5, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  38. Vito Corleone

Gotta agree with The Godfather 100%. 3 best moments possibly of the entire season.

October 5, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  39. Morgan Stable

First of all, your review of the Turtle plotline read like a five year old wrote it. Does your dad work for cnn.com?

Some thoughts on Entourage

1. Vince was given NOTHING this year. No plot. No arc. Every episode, he says hi to a good-looking whore and sleeps with her. (And in the world of Entourage, 7 out of 8 women pretty much fit this description)

2. Turtle finally had a plotline that made me want to keep watching him. And his flight to New Zealand was an Office-level moment of discomfort.

3. Lloyd / Ari – the highlight of this (or any) season of Entourage. Great payoff.

4. Johnny. Brilliant as always. And the finale had some real pathos too.

5. E and Sloan. The only worse actress on TV than Ashley is Sloan. Given, she's gorgeous. But her character's remarkably annoying and her line readings are atrocious. I hope this engagement falls apart during the off-season.

October 5, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. William Spendlove

Love the show, can't stand this blog though.. It's Entourage and it's HBO, not freakin BRAVO. :P

October 5, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  41. Cary

Ari was on fire. I was concerned with the Lloyd resolution but it was a great balance. Vince didn't have a lot to do but most of the rest of the characters got some great moments. Definitely one of the best Drama episodes. Damon was too over the top in the episode but it was a great set up for the brilliant credits meltdown. It almost felt like a series finale so I'm glad I knew going in it was coming back. The Ari rants were some of his best ever and even managed a softer side moment with Lloyd. Both Ari and Lloyd were the standouts all season. If anyone wants to know what the business is really like watch Entourage. I've dealt with everyone of the characters in the show on more than one occasion. Brilliant characters and writing. Jeremy Piven doesn't have to carry the series but I'd watch it for him alone. Can't wait for next season!

October 5, 2009 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  42. Grande Commando

Entourage is still on? Huh. As interesting as it was when it started is as uninteresting as it is now.

October 5, 2009 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  43. ScriptStork

Ari's Terminator style cleansing of the firm with a paintball gun is the stuff of legend. It is now in the lexicon of American pop culture. Great writing, incredible acting by Jeremy Piven.

October 5, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. Stephen

It was easily the best episode of a so-so season - one that was weighed down by too many celebrity cameos throughout its 12 episodes. It's easy to see "Entourage" is the hip show in Hollywood for stars to appear on, but I fear too many walk-ons will make the show lose its edge. You can't completely be biting in your take on Hollywood if you're cozying up to so many in the industry, too. The best guest appearances are the ones with recurring roles, like Gary Cole. My advice to "Entourage" is to get back to the core of the show - the main characters!

October 5, 2009 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  45. msd

Love Matt Damon, but.....

That was the twrd in the punchbowl

October 5, 2009 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  46. Craig

Yes the last Matt Damon scene at the airport was forced but did anyone watch after the credits the Matt Damon melt down. That was hilarious!!! And for anyone who is a boss who wouldn't love to walk into the office and let those less deserving employees know they are history by hitting them with a barage of paintballs. Wish it wasn't the end of the season and just have to wait until next year.

October 5, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  47. C

This season was indeed slow out of the gate but definately worked at the end! I love the boys!! I love the show!!

October 5, 2009 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  48. Patrick

The best part was Ari's paint ball firings. Classic.

October 5, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  49. C-Los

The very ending with Matt Damon on the phone calling Vinnie was just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 5, 2009 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  50. herb

FYI , if you watch passed the credits, they have another scene with Matt Damon

October 5, 2009 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jon

Thought the season was just blah...nothing that great or memorable about it. It needed more Ari vs Eric scenes (they always make the show great). and who really cared about Turtle and Jamie Lynn AND college for that matter? I liked Ari this season (he's really way the show is the show...if he left it would be like Simon Cowell leaving American Idol) as always...

October 5, 2009 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  52. The Godfather

3 laugh out loud hilarious moments in this episode(something that had been missing all season):

1) Ari with the paintball gun,
    2) Lloyd's "You're a real Asian" banner, and
    3) the Matt Damon meltdown after the credits(probably the best piece of acting he's ever done).

October 5, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  53. Estelle

I'm still wondering why I should care about any character on this show.

October 5, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  54. Jeremy Piven

Johnny Drama should have bludgeoned E to death with a bowling pin, like the voices inside his head was telling him to do.

October 5, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  55. Dulany

Matt Damon's rant after the end credits was hilarious.

October 5, 2009 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  56. bob

The economy crashed and so did Entourage. No one wants to watch rich people anymore.

October 5, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  57. Lisa

I absolutely loved it. I've watched Entourage since the beginning. I loved how it showed all the together but individually. And I was glad to see Ari FINALLY appreciate Lloyd. CAN'T WAIT 'TIL NEXT SEASON !!!!

October 5, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  58. rick

was a great show but jumped the shark early this season

October 5, 2009 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  59. mer

WHAT??? This was the finale?

October 5, 2009 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  60. David

When Eric went on the plane and came back saying he was just joking.. that was great!!!! I thought the first 2 scenes with Matt Damon were really funny... i think the last scene on the tarmack was a bit over the top. Over all, a great ending, the boys are growing and its a nice change....

October 5, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  61. kolossus

DVR'ed it since the Steelers were playing... but I read your blog about Entourage all the time so I'm excited to see the finale tonight. I too have loved this 6th season... I'll be back after I watch it tonight. Later...

October 5, 2009 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |