October 1st, 2009

Breaking News: Kate responds to Jon!

BREAKING NEWS!

This just in to the Showbiz Tonight newsroom–Kate Gosselin has just sent us this statement responding to Jon’s attempts to get TLC to stop filming their reality show.

"I'm saddened and confused by Jon's public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids. I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn't otherwise have. Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon's priority is Jon and his interests.  My priority remains our children and their well being."

So what do you think? Is Jon looking out for the best interests of his children or do you think he is just mad because he got fired from the show? How about Kate? Do you think she is just trying to save the show from being cancelled?

Tune in to Showbiz Tonight for all of the latest breaking developments- 11pm ET/PT on HLN

1. Baja

The kids do not have the capacity (ability to make the decision on their own regardless of pressure from their mom) to choose to be so exposed.

October 9, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. louise,Ontario Canada

Jon you alert Kate and Kate you alert Jon

Watch what you are doing on camera......it just might get your kids taken away from you and the losers will be the children.......

October 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ljj

I partially watched the interview between Jon Gosselin and Nancy Grace. She is such a bully! Give the guy a chance to answer your questions. Just because you have a louder voice does not mean you win.

October 7, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  4. irene

Whatever happened to the "Eight" in the show?
    It is now all about Jon and Kate! How can TLC continue to even want to do any show with them?
    TLC is going down the drain with shows like "My Baby Monkey" ???
    We still have some people on this universe that have a brain!!!

October 6, 2009 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Natalie

I havent watched the show ever... seeing the previews was enough. I think it was wrong for the family to be on a show period mainly because of the kids, Lohan should be the example of what COULD happen as the kids get older.

I think it is disgusting how much they get paid per show. You know who should be getting that & more Cops, Firefighters, EMTs & Medics. Those who put there lives on the line saving people they dont even know! Make a show for them & pay them that much at least they would deserve it

October 5, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. OhGoddess

Attention Kate and Jon-Your 15 minutes of fame were up 20 minutes ago.
    No one gives a damn.

October 5, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Steve

Jon is the liar of the decade (and that says alot).
    He was either lying when he said on camera the show did not harm his kids; or lying now when he says he had an "epithany" and now its not good. Funny the epithany didnt happen until his name was removed. jack***!

October 5, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bm

Jon sickens me. what a low life. He got axed for his bad behavior so now he wants to take his ball and go home. AND... he's added thief to the long line of names he should be called with his recent "removing" of funds that are used to care for his children. This guy is just slimy!! I guess he was worried he wouldn't have money to buy anymore sports cars or 4 wheelers or whatever new Toy he needs to feel good about himself. I think when he got hair plugs they damaged his brain!! A show without him would be an improvement.

October 5, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Meg

I think it is a fine example of the way we all love to jump on the first oppertunity to judge what someone else is CHOOSING for their family's life. Regardless of whether or not we agree with or like what the Gosslin fam is doing with their lives. Its really pretty easy- if you dont like it fine, but dont sit on the other side of a TV with your opinions cutting this family apart. I can definitly think of many MANY things in this world to get way more upset by than jon and kate's everydaY soap opera. What a waste. We shouls all truely by embarrassed.

October 5, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T. G.

Maybe with al this bad publicity, TLC would have to cancel the show to put some distance from this mess.

October 5, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. d

Kate, you had this coming to you. If you can see all the tapes of your family together. How you ridiculed Jon every chance you got.. I hardly ever saw Jon smile. He was like a zombie going through the motions.You are very controlling and ran the show., By the way, let the kids get dirty once in a while. Let them be kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to go Jon. I wish you all the best.

October 5, 2009 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Barbara

To Rob DC: which selfish snob do you want first – Kate or Jon? If you need any help let me know.

As for Jon, I think the show should be off the air for a year. The kids need to deal with the divorce and don't need to be on camera.

As for Kate, she kept saying it's about the kids, it's about the kids, it's about the kids; then she says it is about the money. I think she finally admitted why the show is on the air. She really is the dominant personality in that relationship and I don't think she can see past her face. She is doing TV shows and, let's face it, I think to get her side of the story out. Jon behaved like a 14-year-old who discovered girls after the split and whether or not he mans up remains to be seen.

Quite frankly, I thought their fifteen minutes of fame should have been over 14:59 seconds ago!

October 4, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Terry

I have watched the show since it began...At first i really liked it but as time went on all i saw was Kate downgrading Jon...at the end they would sit and talk about the show and nothing he said was right...she always interrupted him...his opinion was not right, everything he said she had something else to say...If i was jon I would have left long ago and took the kids with me....the show should be canceled .The kids are getting older and now they understand what is going on and they don't need the sh*t that goes with the show....

October 4, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RLG

As far as Jon is concerned, I feel he should stay out of the picture. He doesn't seem to be concerned what happens to the family finances and doesn't want Kate to earn a living, but he managed to clean out the bank account and continues his philandering ways. Jon, just back off !!!

October 4, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Beverly B

I truly believe that Jon deserves to be fired from the show. All that remains is for the courts to act in the best interests of the children and give Kate full custody and leave Jon out. His irratic behaviour with women has proven he is unfit as a father. His only reason for shutting down production is his way of stamping his feet in a temper tantrum of not getting his way. I support Kate and hope that the courts support her in her divorce proceedings and hope that TLC will be able to begin production of Kate Plus 8 soon. As for Jon, I hope he wallows in his self pity and will soon be one of those forgotten stars enever to be heard from again.

October 4, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Shawn

Unfortunatly, there is no right or wrong party in this. Jon you will be forever remembered as a douche bag and Kate will always being remembered as a camera whore. The innocent kids however are to endure the stupidity of both parents.

TLC stop hitting the snooze button on Jon and Kate's 15 minutes of fame.

Child labor authorities...what are you doing and where the hell are you?

If Kate is willing to sell out of 22,500 bucks an episode then so be it.
    If Jon wants to suddenly think about his kids welfare AFTER they drop him..then yes Jon, you are a douche.

October 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Grace bloom

Children do have legitimate feelings. It is a good Idea to teach them to express themselves and their feelings in an appropriate manner. I do not suggest that every family or life decision be made after consulting your 5 year old, but allowing them input is part of creating family unity. So Kate is not crazy to ask the kids how they feel about being on the show. I think Jon was too passive, Kate quite demanding, but the minute it threatened the marriage the show should have been put on hold. Documenting all the fun stuff in the kid's lives is a wonderful opportunity. Seeing the family disintegrate on national TV will not be healthy for the kids because that will be on air for ever and ever and they will have no control over it for the rest of their lives.

October 4, 2009 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  18. amber

You`ve got to be kidding me.
    I forced myself through an episode once, Jon honestly seems like a good guy whos put up with an overbearing, insensitive selfish hag of a wife, for far longer than anyone gives him credit for.

does this justify him cheating? no...
    did jon ever actually even cheat?
    no....forget that part? they were seperated...long before he hooked up with someone else..
    tlc just left that part out for the longest time.
    as for him going from woman to woman...i dont know how many of you are recent divorcees, but trust me...going on 4 years of being single after mine? its not so hard to find a suitable match..
    and lord knows ive tested the waters quite a few times since my divorce.

i guess if jons a pig, so am i.

as for the money? I`d like to see her spend half of the money she spends on herself on those kids.

she doesnt even act like a mother, she acts like their publicist.

if youre gonna give the show ratings, at least open your eyes and see the truth.

that woman is a selfish pig, the only reason shes not having an affair is because no man in america is stupid enough to touch her after her true self shows onscreen

October 3, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. james

here's an idea. how about all of america stop watching the show, stop buying the magazines let these two selfish morons drift into obscurity. the only reason these two continue to be "newsworthy" is because the dim-witted public continue to put them there. bottom line.....get a life and hopefully by miracle these two will disappear from the media landscape.

October 3, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kathryn

Peggy...it takes 2 to tango....neither one of them have clean hands.We can all sit here all day and play arm chair family therapists...but at the end of the day NONE of us have a clue what anyone did. It's all mere supposition and conjecture. Speaking of at the end of the day......at the end of mine...I couldn't care LESS what these two do, how much $$ they make NOR who they sleep with...it's simply NONE of anyones' business.

October 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. LC

Doesn't anyone remember the end of last season when he wasn't sure he even wanted to do another season? And Kate chimed in saying she was ready to go and it was all set.
    She didn't care what he thought, and yeah, he signed a contract, but what man in their right mind wouldn't if it would keep her from nagging.

October 3, 2009 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  22. Geoff of Houston

What does Kate want? How does Jon feel about it? Will the show survive on TLC? Why aren't questions being asked about the children's welfare? Kate and Jon are narcissistic individuals. And their children? They make good props.

Tragically, that's probably all they'll ever be to their parents. Props.

October 3, 2009 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  23. Peggy L. Blair

Kate, I hope you get to read this. I'm proud of you. I know that I'm just a person that you'll never meet, but I wanted to tell you how proud I am of how you have handle this whole matter. I will keep watching along with my family. I pray for you and the whole family. May God bless you and keep you safe.

October 3, 2009 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  24. Peggy L. Blair

My family has watch the show since the begining. We love it, but since we found out about Jon, cheating on his wife, whom laid in the bed for months to deliver these beautiful children, and sacrficed her career to raise the children, I've looked at him in a different light. Yes, Kate was hard on him at times, many times. But that still did not give him the right to do her the way he has. Anyone who spends as much time as she has, with eight children, is going to get that way. I'm not saying that gives her an excuse but it sure puts it into perspective. And now he doesn't want her to be able to provide for the children in a manner in which he thought was okay for years now, just because he's been kick to the curb. He is selfish. These children are know different than any other child actor. Plus, if the camara's go away the paparatzi won't, who will pay for the security then. He is not thinking this thru, but Kate has. Shame on Jon. He is only out for himself...........

October 3, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. ljj

TLC should keep Jon in the show. He has been a major player in this family as Kate is always off to her book signings, hosting on the View, guest speaking etc.,......always on camera while Jon is home taking care of the kids.

Kate treated Jon awful!! and that was on camera. Good God what was it like for him off camera?

Regardless, they should try to work together for the sake of the children. TLC should have intervened with marriage counsellors etc.when they seen the family starting to fall apart. It is not too late maybe you could get them the help they need to turn this around.

Right now I would have liked for TLC to continue the show with Jon showing fathers how to do raise a family of eight children. It is only natural for a mother to raise her children and I think kate plus 8 is going to be super boring!!!!

October 3, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  26. kathy

jon and kate get married. jon and kate have twins. jon and kate have 6 more babies. they get a t.v. show. she gets sort with him.he rolls his eyes. he says that was when the snow ball started downhill. she says she knew nothing about it. did counseling take place. no did he ask her to go? he starts sleeping with the nanny/babysitter. up until this time he has defended the choice they made as couple to do the show, and the effect it was having on the children. then he asks for a separation and he leaves. he starts publicly dating and partying. where is kate? with the kids. when his actions put him in a bad light with the public tlc chose to change the show and he was no longer getting the money, or the spotlight. all of a sudden this is not good for his kids. i don't see him working to support them. i see a man who got caught with his pants down and now is trying to pull them back up. however people are not so forgiving, neither are children. his children will find out what he has done and then he will be in a whole new mess. meanwhile who is supporting these children? not him, it is their mother, kate. jon grow up and be a man!

October 2, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Frank from Houston

The kids dont need to see their parents divorce in re-runs ten years from now.

Stop the show

October 2, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jill

Both parents are at fault here, Jon for not keeping his zipper up and Kate for being such a shrew. The kids don't know anything else except being in the limelight so it's wrong to depend on them to know whether or not they're happy with it (just don't ask Maddy, because she's not happy with anything anyway–just like Kate) and yes, you are the parents and are the ones responsible for putting a halt to this free-for-all. Jon, Kate, SHUT-UP! Whenever one of you says something, the other has to attack the other–all through media intervention. How damaging is that to the kids?! It's the worse thing you can do. I don't understand how some people are saying Jon is greedy though, if he's not on the show, he's likely not going to be reaping the same benefits Kate is. I also can't stand how calm Kate is when she's on some news or talk show and she acts so sweet and meek like she's always the wounded party. Then you watch old episodes. Was she ever like that while they were taping? NO! What is she like when the camera is off? We can at least see that Jon is trying to take things calmly with the kids. He may not be the best husband, but there is no indication that he's ever been a bad father. Kate's neurosis, shrewishness, judgemental attitude and lack of dealing with every little problem that comes up and overreacting is only going to have a completely negative affect on forming these kids. You can see that Maddy is just like her mother, Kate admits that, and that child really needs some major discipline and guidance she isn't getting. Colin seems to be going down that path too. Not good at all. Stop the public craziness, take care of your kids.

October 2, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Laura

i am so tired of hearing "my priorities are my children". what garbage. she has a great management team, i'll tell you that.

i don't blame jon for wanted to stop the show now that they are changing the name. all those clips of the kids saying "coming up next on jon and kate plus 8" will have to change. i can see how that would be confusing for them and ultimately as damaging to their young minds as having their parents divorce splashed everywhere-

everyone who says that jon is just being bitter now that he is not a major focus on the show is dead wrong. the show is the only constant that these kids have right now and to change that as well is ridiculous. for the network to say they want to focus on kate's journey as a single parent is such a crock. What typical single mother gets her pick of nannies, plastic surgeons, and spray tan brands.

i will always be on team jon. his only mistake was not being assertive enough to stand up to kate for his and his children's sake.

i used to watch this show every week at the beginning but i have stopped since early this year even before their marital problems because it was getting uncomfortable to see the way kate treated jon.

take this stupid show off the air.

October 2, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Danny

The comments are all about MONEY for both Kate & Jon. Jon is mad about been cut out of the show and he will not be getting as much as he was when he was on the show. Kate is also mad because if they cut the show she will not be making any MONEY. This is all about MONEY not the kids!!!!! I think the show should be CANCELLED and never shown again. Kate & Jon both need to grow up and get a regular job and life. As for the kids, they are the ones that are going to suffer having their parents divorce and living apart. I feel for the kids the most. sign a happy husband and father of one..

October 2, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jen

Jon has finally gotten out from this shrew's clutches..I say..good for him...If I had to spend more than five minutes with this woman...I would choke her with my bare hands! How ironic that she has all those bible verses taped thoughout her home...and she's screwin the bodyguard...mmmmmm.......can you say..practice what you preach!

October 2, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. a;slthoewia

I'm all for him leaving the show. Personally, I agree with him that the show is hurting the kids and the family. I don't believe any child can grow up right with 50 billion cameras in their face their whole lives. The show should stop (plus it's just not good anymore). However, for Jon to make these statements just adds more publicity and chaos within the family. If Jon wants out, fine, but don't drag in more problems to the already chaotic time for Kate, the Kids, and the show.

October 2, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. William

Chill out guys.....

Both parents share the responsibility of this entire charade. Where's the state child protection agency in this. Do the kids have a legal advocate??

October 2, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Chris

This show should be canceled and all episodes permanently taken out of syndication. How are these kids ever supposed to live a normal life when all they know is a circus? Keeping this show on the air is child abuse with the parents and TLC both complicit. Enough already, pull the plug!

October 2, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. adw

please just take this show off the air and quit reporting about them. this is not news.

October 2, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Pete

The problem I have is that there is no way TLC made the decision to push John out – why on earth would they do that? It's in their best interest to keep up the hype, and that means keeping both sides staying exposed to the public.

Kate obviously was pushing hard behind the scenes, probably issued an ultimatum. Remember when she said Jon didn't want to be on the show any more, and he said that wasn't true? More like Kate didn't want him on the show any more.

Say what you want about the show being bad for the kids, the show is full of fun activities and vacations, and there are a LOT of scenes with the kids interacting positively with the crew – they are friends with these people. The kids REALLY enjoy being on the show, whether or not it's good for them.

So if you're Jon, are you going to take being cut out of the biggest, funnest experience these kids have ever had lying down? No way! I wouldn't. All of a sudden you're reduced to half-hearted "It's better for you to get some time away" and the kids wanting to get back to their TV family. Mom lives in the middle of Disneyland and Dad lives at the DMV. Where would you rather be?

And Jon got out of his decent-paying job AFTER the money truck backed up at their house. He was providing for them decently well, but surprise, not as well as if they had their own highly-rated cable show.

Is Kate more savvy, etc.? Sure she is. But is she a manipulative control freak who is more about milking the cash cow and extending her 15 minutes than she is about her kids? Sure she is.

And yes, they are both thinking about themselves more than they are about the kids. Well, sort of – Jon is trying to react to attacks by Kate, but I think a large part of his reasoning is to salvage a relationship with the kids. I think he'd prefer the show go on for everybody, but if he's going to be pushed out it is better for him to torch the show than to be the odd man out on this experience. See the Disneyland/DMV analogy.

At least at this point Jon is just trying to tread water, while Kate is actively trying to push him under. He has some issues, no doubt, but she is a vengeful witch who has had no compunction about a slash and burn strategy regarding the dynamics of her family.

October 2, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. KB

Sometimes the right thing is done for the wrong reason. Give these kids a life, and CANCEL the show. TLC had better be careful, it's a thin line they are walking with their comments.

October 2, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MichaelM

Jon apparenly married a woman who simply wanted more out of life than him. OK Maybe the reality of 8 kids made her need more than he did. Prepairing for their future is going to be a challenge.

Kate is obviously focused. She is organized and dedicated to making life better.

Poor Jon seems to be out of place. He doesn't have the desire or drive to really push beyound just being Jon. He did seem to be enjoying the fame and fortune Kate servered him on a plater. Now that his true personality is becoming more obvious and the hot girlfriends and the TLC wallet is drying up he is having second thoughts. His kids have to love him because he is their dad. The rest of us can feel sorry for them because years from now he'll be sponging off of them instead of Kate.

October 2, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. kris

I really wish they'd both go away. Its obvious this is all done for a PR stunt. If Jon gave a rats ass about those kids now, he would have pulled the plug on day one. I think even the divorce is all a PR stunt.

Shame on TLC for ruining this family for ratings.

As I keep saying.. episodes of this show are going to be in reruns for years, along with news articles and TV clips of Jon and Kate fighting are going to spring up for years. Long after the TV show is canceled these kids are going to effected by the ruthless and selfish actions of their parents today. I hope Jon and Kate are saving some of this money they are making now, because their kids are going to need a TON of therapy in the future to get over how horrible their parents are.

If both of them cared about those kids, they'd put an end to it now before it gets even worse. But its obvious they don't care about them, and only care about the cash cow they are sitting on now. I guess greed for money does start to take over people. Sad.. very sad.

October 2, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Treena

Bethy- Yes he is still with her...he is in love with her so he claims.

October 2, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. sickofit

Jon is only thinking of Jon, and Kate is only thinking of Kate . . . they're both disgraces as parents! I just hope (but seriously doubt) there's someone out for the childrens' interests.

October 2, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Treena

First of all the whole lets feel sorry for Jon is old. Kate had to take control of that family and lets face it people Jon was extremely passive. At times Kate was annoying but really she was raising 8 kids and an adolesent husband.
    Jon is mad because the public doesn't want to see him on the show. All we need to do to see him is look on newstands for his new flavor of the week. He is becoming a total TOOL. I am an avid viewer of the show and Jon being gone doesn't bother me at all. BYE BYE
    Kate is now a single mother and I am interested in her. For what you may think of her she is above all a damned good mother. She has pushed and pushed to get her kids the best things in life. If you were in the same position you would do the same thing. Don't point fingers until you have been there in her shoes for a day. As for Jon, he wants the show cancelled because he isn't profitting anylonger. I mean really he has very elaborate partying taste now, France, Las Vegas....perhpas his new girlfriends father will give him a job in his plastic surgery office.

October 2, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MissKandi

I think it is important for the children and any other child watching this show to understand the importance of the father's role. I believe cutting him out is a bad idea and ALH I agree with you as well; perfectly said!

October 2, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. bethy

is he still with that 20-something girl, haley?

October 2, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jane

I think Kate is doing the right thing. Jon has shown he is incapable of providing for his 8 kids and Kate is well aware of this. Yea their lifestyle is different but if I was married to a "man" like Jon, I'd for sure be doing all I could to earn money to support my kids. When those kids become teenagers the cost of feeding them, school fees, sports etc etc... could really break the bank! Kate is smart and business savvy Jon is a Dork without a clue..... he should hold on to Kate if he's smart... He probably realized his cash cow is ditching his sorry @ss!

October 2, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. robin

Jon is the biggest wuss ever! He's not a man,he's a mouse! Why didn't he ever yell back? Maybe if he did they would still be married. I wanted to slap some sense in to him for the first 2-3 yrs of the show. Now he thinks he's all that because he's not with Kate. No one to yell at him. It's just too bad that he can't keep his stories straight. Who is he in LOVE with this week?? Maybe Lindsay Lohan's father can help him. Yea-nice people you're hanging around with Jon!

October 2, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Carol

I think the whole thing is just stupid who cares what's going on with a family and there 8 kids. And they are making $22,500 a episode to boot. I dont even make that in a year.

October 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ALH

I feel it is totally inappropriate for the both of them to behave the way they are. They both claim to have the kids intrest in mind but they dont. Be an adult and raise your kids stop letting TLC raise their kids. It all boils down to money with them. TLC has created a monster on both ends and they just can't stop wanting more. I pray that the children have not been traumatized by the actions of Jon and Kate. I just don't see how people try to put the blame on just one of them in all this madness. They both are to blame.

October 2, 2009 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. El

Wow, it's too bad that their personal lives are being publicized.

I watched Larry King's show last night. Jon, honestly, you need to grow up! You're what, 30 years old now . . . and just starting to wear earrings. My 17 year old son behaves more appropriately than you do.

Your conduct on the Larry King show was disgusting . . . I know I behaved inappropriately at times but I've learned from that and I want to move on. Get real! Take a look at the way you are acting right now . . . you want to take income generated by your wife and children from them? And now you want to claim that the contract between the Gosselins and TLC is void? This is just too coincidental! You're just jealous because you are the one who nobody wants to see. If I behaved like you, I would expect the same. That would prompt me to back up and take a good look at myself. I don't think you've done that . . . all you want to is hurt your wife. That's sad . . . really sad.

October 2, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Stacy

Wow! The kids don't look unhappy to me. How lame. You see them on T.V. for what 10 min. total. How can we possibly know if they are happy or not. Everyone wants to blast John, he's made mistakes and is owning them. Lay off. But Kate's another story. I've never seen anyone dance around a question the way she has. Maybe she should go on Dancing with the Stars. Dumb, ya. But she's not fooling me. She talks like a TLC robot, checks with 5 year olds on something they don't even understand, because the cameras are all they know. They probably think everyone lives like that. It's all baffling to the mind, how anyone can think she does anything for the kids. How many times has she said "I do it for the money, I need to provide for my kids", because I've put myself in a postion where I can never work a normal job again and I love the fame. Is anyone listening to what these people are saying?

October 2, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  51. dan

Lets be honest. John has known since thebeggining that the show has always been against the kids interests except for the money it brought to the family. He was willing to make that tradeoff before, but now his hand is less in the pot so its detrimental. He seems to see much clearer now that the dollar signs have been removed from his eyes. He has also as noted on lary king not started taking the legal steps to make it happen, i9nstead persuing it in the court of "opublic opinion". Its one way to get out of the exclusivity clause of the contract.

October 2, 2009 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Shelley

I think he may have had his epiphany a little to late. But I believe that he is right about stopping the show. Those kids need to get out of the spotlight and live like normal children. I'm not sure Kate knows how to do that. It seems she is the one who wants to continue. Why is she asking the kids. Their 5 and 8 how can they possibly make those decisions.

October 2, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Jennifer

This show should never have been green lighted in the first place. There are many families with multiples out there who are doing just fine without the constant attention and pandering. The Dilly family, the McConanaheigh(sp) family, and many others with large order multiples (5+ kids).

Jon is a saint for putting up with that shrew...if I acted like that I would fully expect my husband to take off - heck I have a friend whose ex-husband is Kate's clone as far as personality and she kicked his hindend to the curb. There is no call to treat another human being the way she treated him ON NATIONAL Television no less...I am suprised that he took it for as long as he did. He also has made it know before that he was never fully behind this idea and was not comfortable with the entire thing. Do America a favor and take this money-hungry, attention seeking glory hound woman off the air and give those children back thier dignity as well as teach them that they are not the be all end all, they are just children.

October 2, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Fifi

Who isn't embarrassed for this man. Make him go away. He's a bigger baby then the children.

October 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  55. vickie

I have watched the show and I can see clearly that the kids are happy and having a good time.Jon has lost his" bread and butter"and thats why he wants it cancelled.Anyone who watches the show knows that kate was the one who was organized and took care of the kids.Even when she would yell for jon to do something ...you could see she loved him.....He was just like another kid...IT should of been called "kate plus 9"because he is nothing but a whining baby.....I will comtinue to watch the show as long as he is not on it......TlC did the right thing....If you leave one parent out you won't see any conflick during the show......goodbye Jon...lololololol

October 2, 2009 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  56. Mike

I find it quite funny (not ha-ha funny) that so many people respond to this story with "take this terrible show off the air"...but aren't these people the exact demographic and the exact reason that TLC keeps the show on the air? They are the ones who are watching this train-wreck!

We all know full well that Jon and Kate signed on to the show with dreams of becoming wealthy and famous...it has nothing to do with raising their kids in a "positive way" like they try to say. And yet we watch. They are both self-serving and we all know it. And yet we watch. Why? To see what the cute kids are up to? Or has it devolved into watching to see if Kate and Jon have some argument that everyone can then discuss on their blogs?

TLC knows we watch, and they love every single minute of the attention the media shows Jon and Kate, since that ultimately means they will have more people tuned in to watch the next episode. Take the show off the air? Not likely. Stop watching the train-wreck? Not likey.

October 2, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  57. andrea

I don't like either one very much. Now that they are apart it seems as if Kate is the more responsible parent. I watch the show because I think their kids are cute and seem very charming and smart. Jon said at one point he does not believe his kids are being harmed or exploited in anyway by the show. Now just a short time after it is announced that he is being cut from the show he releases a statement saying no more cameras in the house....coincidence?? I DON'T think so!!!

October 2, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  58. dec

If these parents (and I include both) are SO concerned about the welfare of the kids, AND, if Kate REALLY is doing the show FOR THE KIDS...then they should take the $ they're making and establish trust funds for the kids, and be done with this all! If it is/was to provide a good life for their kids....I would think they've made quite a bit of $ by now, and, if managed correctly, should be able to walk away and still have what the kids need! They should go off and do what they want to do (whether that be in front of a camera, or not) and leave the kids out of it until they are old enough to decide that on their own. And, I do not believe I could let my 5 year-old make that kind of decision. Let the kids be.

October 2, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  59. Nancy

TLC knows what is is doing to get ratings. This is a last ditch effort by the network to cause more controversy so people will watch a few more episodes. It is obvious this change would cause issues and tension, how could it not. Of course, Jon is upset–he just basically got fired (or demoted) from his job and his ego is hurt. When people are upset, they act out. It is like a messy divorce and Kate has won round 1. Of course, she is happy because her name is attached to the show now, which in some way gives her the approval she needs. It is wrong and I completely fault TLC. I don't really understand why people would watch this show anyway..I tried a couple of times and it is boring. It is like watching someone running a daycare, how is that even remotley interesting? I've got my own kids at home (granted, there aren't 8 of them!) to entertain me, hear screaming and look cute!

October 2, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. Donlizard

Jon and Kate are so self-involved it's unbelievable!

If they were all about the kids, they would have never put them on TV for their obvious profit in the 1st place.

They need to get a serious grip on reality and stop the show cut through the crap and look after their children.

They have no business on TV in the 1st place, as there is no discernable amount of talent or intellegence coming from them at all.

NEXT!

October 2, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  61. KAG

I am appalled at Jon's behavior. Now that he has "fired" the show, how will he support his kids? Kate had no issue with doing that and made long term plans to do so...I admire Kate for being a single parent, while Jon is out partying with his girls (not sure how many these days). Coming from a single parent household, I can relate the kids and Kate as well.

Jon is upset that he was let go from the show...so he should just get on with his life and women and leave the parenting to Kate!

October 2, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  62. selena

I'm confused about how anyone could have a problem with this man's decision. No matter what Jon reasons are, the bottom line is this is the best thing for the kids. The show should have ended when they said they were divorcing.

October 2, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  63. lori

How does Jon proposed he'll pay child support of 8 children without his TLC gig?

October 2, 2009 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  64. Taypo

I used to watch the show when it was about the kids, they were babies and cute. Since it has become Jon and Kate growing up, I have not watched it. I believe they need to take the show off the air, so the parents can grow up and the kids can live normal lives without all the camera's. This is a real world and these kids have to live in it. Jon and Kate need to clean their dirty laundry in the laundry room and not outside where the world can see it. I feel sorry for the kids, you can not pick your family and these children have gotten a raw deal.

October 2, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  65. Lois

I stopped watching this trainwreck when I found out how they all were LYING to us. Making their shows as if together, but actually had been split up since Oct 08. TLC, Kate and Jon were all LYING to us, the fans. Now TLC shows their true colors. Dissing Jon like this? Talking about his behavior, taking him off the show without his knowledge? Come on, TLC is just as greedy and non caring about the KIDS as KATE and JON have been. Now, whatever reason Jon has for stopping the show GOOD, IT SHOULD BE CANCELED. They are like that relative who came to visit and overstayed. ENOUGH. T:LC is boycotted in my home from now on. I had no idea they would treat peoeple so badly. And they make all these millions off this family and ONLY pay them 22,500 an episode? Kate and Jon were and very stupid for agreeing to this without legal advice or any sort of representation. TLC says the public can relate to Kate more? Really? Kate has no idea what a single mother has to go through. What a joke. Nannies, spas, trips, free this free that. No, we cannot relate to this overindulgence. Greedy people, Kate, Jon and TLC. WHat a shame. CANCEL THIS JUNK.

October 2, 2009 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  66. Sick of it all

Finally Jon's being a man. TLC has done nothing but exploit the children and KATE's EGO. If you remember...They both had jobs at the beginning of the show, granted hers was only every other saturday as a nurse... but then the minute the show clicks with the viewers he had to give up his job so that she could appease her ego and need for the allmighty dollar. Period. It's behond time for TLC to shelve the show and for the papparazzi and the rest of the media to let this family try to work things out AWAY FROM THE CAMERAS. Period!

October 2, 2009 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  67. mary

TLC should end this entirely. Kate plus 8 is never going to go over . I believe that most people are not going to watch the show. The kids are no longer babies and personally it is boring to watch.
    Jon and Kate should find real jobs...and raise the kids out of the media.
    I will not watch at all

October 2, 2009 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  68. brenda

spending way too much time on Jon and Kate...enough already! end it!

October 2, 2009 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  69. Robin

Jon has lost any marbles he may have posessed and traded in being a husband and father for the life of a single man who has no repsonsibility. another casualty of divorce..........

October 2, 2009 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  70. LadyOhio

TLC – THE LEARNING CHANNEL – we have learned from their experience. Now it is time to take the show off the air. Kate needs to get a job and stop pimping her kids for money. Jon is a man and men make mistakes. His biggest one was marry Kate at a young age. Jon and Kate need to slow it down and take the kids off of TV. TLC needs to recognize when enough is enough.

October 2, 2009 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  71. Patty

Did anyone think that Kate would agree with Jon? I think Jon and kate should let go of the want to be a star and start being parents. Do we need to spend any more time on this Family . It's all about the Money.
    If they could not afford a big family they should of thought about this before. Now all we will see is more of the same – women having 8-12 kids just for the fame. And this is news???

October 2, 2009 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  72. Charlie

Please take the show off the air and end everyone's suffering! THE KIDS and THE AUDIENCE! i no longer watch. Kate just wants money and to be turned into a plastic barbie doll! Will she pay for the kids therapy when they grow up and tell their sad child star stories of how so many people from cameramen to hot dog vendors had free access to them and they were sexually mollested as children and ended up using drugs. They will be in the tabloids in the future discussing their terrible childhood nightmares!

October 2, 2009 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  73. mar

I enjoy watching this show to see how a family copes with so many children. I love those kids, they are all so cute! John will not be missed. I will keep watching to see how Kate as a single parent now will handle things. She is such a strong person. What about all those other reality shows that sell sex and lies?? Nobody wants those to get canceled? If you don't like the show just don't watch it.

October 2, 2009 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  74. Hookerlover

Kate seems very money hungry

Jon seems very money hungry

whats gonna happen to those kids whe the money is gone?

October 2, 2009 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  75. Shellie

This is bull on Kates part!
    I am so sick of this garbage.Take the show off the air, and out of the papers.

Jon said during the show were they announced they were separating, and Kate had filed for divorce, that he did not want the cameras in his childrens lives..she said...she does this for them and their future.

NOW all of a sudden, she wants to be the golden child. Granted he has been totally immature with his latest media stunts...but he isnt charging 20.00 for his autograph (I attended a conference where she spoke), he is being an immature man with freedom...went crazy !

Stop this insanity..and dont give them anymore fodder...those children, need to be normal, not camera enmtertainment. What child can honestly determine they want to be on tv when they are that small?

October 2, 2009 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  76. Pastrysugar

TLC...The Learning Channel? Now kids what have we learned today?How to be a shrew...how to smoke and do nasty things with young women and many new and exciting things.

October 2, 2009 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  77. SVon

As a parent of 6 children I think I'm prettty qualified to weigh in on this....I have never watched the show....but, I guess you don't have to when every gossip publication is obsessed with "reality T.V.". What a JOKE! It does not cost millions of dollars to raise well mannered, healthy children! It takes two well mannered parents who have come to the point in their ADULT lives when they realize THEY need to be living with their childrens best interest's in mind. The problem here is there are 10 children, not 8. Get the t.v. cameras out of that house.....who gives a rip what they do.....That's NOT reality! Why don't you people shut off your t.v.'s and get a life.......if you people who say you care about these kids really cared, you would stop watching that trash. Only when that show is off the air will those kids get a chance at a "real life".

October 2, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  78. Ellen

Here’s a thought: Mady and Cara are 8 years old now. How old were your children when they started using the internet? I think we are all forgeting that they are capable of finding and reading all these negative opinions about their parents capabilities or lack thereof. It’s difficult enough to be a child of divorce, without having a permanent record of everything your parents said to each other in anger, and everything we all thought of it out there to read. We are as guilty as anyone else in feeding this media circus by acting and reacting. Everyone has faults but the average person is fotunate enough not to have a running commentary of theirs documented online for our children to read.

October 2, 2009 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  79. rlh

What makes Jon think that Kate will want him back after all he has done. Kate is trying to provide for her family. Yes her family is on tv but it is not like its 24/7. It is minimum hours as dictated by law. She has probably seen the posts here and realizes that she has to make sure her children are grounded, loving and caring people. I believe she can do anything to ensure that. Yes right now it is for the money that provides housing and education for her kids.
    People have said she needs to get a job, ok how much of that will go for childcare, and her kids go to private school that is great, but how good are the public schools.
    The kids like being on tv, Kate enjoys teaching and being with her children. I enjoy watching the show, the kids are cute. Sometimes Kate is overbearing but I am sure TLC productions could edit to show the caring and nurturing parents.

October 2, 2009 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  80. PigHeart

Hats off to you dude. Take control of your house. PERIOD

October 2, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  81. Nicci

The guy is a jerk and I think that he is acting like a 5 year old whose toy was taken away. I think that he needs to grow up and act like a parent and not like one of the the kids.

October 2, 2009 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  82. ljj

I have not watched the show lately but when it started Jon was working outside the home and then later started working from the home. Kate was a nurse.

All the kids are now in school, they should resume their jobs and that would be a true "reality show"

In my opinion, Jon is more understanding and loving with the children. Kate way to harsh, admitting to be a perfectionist. That is hell for kids.

October 1, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Julie

I WILL NEVER WATCH CNN AGAIN.. MY THOUGHTS were nicer than some you printed Im upset you deleted mine..

October 1, 2009 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  84. joey

Jon is such a baby crying for his bottle TLC needs to get rid of him and only film when kate is around if the kids want to film let them film forget what the ex says, kate has been there for the kids more than him all along anyways, get rid of Jon he shouldn't be able to charge anyone if they film while kate is there and they have her permission since the property is JOINTLY owned, she has a say of what goes on there not just him

October 1, 2009 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Heidi

Everyone thinks this show is so very bad for the kids. However they seem to like it and the only film one hour day. Really they have a whole lot of personal time. I guess we should attack elbs that let there gets b photographed cause it might cause them harm.

October 1, 2009 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Betty

Pull the plug! Neither parent has begun to consider the affects of their behaviors or actions on these children. I never liked Kate to begin with...she was a controlling monster who demeaned Jon every chance she got..who now wears proudly the status of celeb...Jon was passive in the beginning of the show..and yes, now is wanting to be a man....where in all of this madness has anyone mentioned the kids...how do their behaviors affect the kids? Kate is too busy doing book tours, showing up on the View and other shows...Jon is back at home watching the kids or running around with other women!...Just pull the plug TLC and let's move on...allow the family time to heal and gain some positive perspective!

October 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Julie

Its so sad to see Jon & Kate in this awful position!! I think that Jon is being revengeful for being booted off the show & therefore doesn"t want their children to go forward with the show!! This will be financial ruin for their family!! Who will support the children if not for the show!! Jon sure couldn"t !! Doesn"t have the smarts to do that!!

October 1, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Rita

My belief is that he (JON) is a scorned husband who did not get what he wanted, when he wanted it ,and how he wanted it. Jon there are many men out in the world that are just like you... Why don't you just grow up and act like a FATHER- not a daddy for the weekend... Know your roll in your kids life.... Because what you are doing today will really effect your children's lives in future.....Using the kido's as pawns will break up, not help your relationship with you family......YOU can't have your cake and eat it as well.

October 1, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  89. louise

I think TLC should have renamed the show
    Jon plus 8 since Kate seems to be away doing lectures, guest hosting, book signings etc.,

Who is watching the kids? Maybe it should be their dad.....better than a babysitter.....

October 1, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Mary

I think Jon is a parasite. Now that TLC finally got ride of him and Kate and his kids will no longer be footing the bill for his latest flings he's decided he need to be a father to his children. What he wants is to have control of the some the cash coming in. I wonder what his "soulmate" Haley has to say about this...hmmm.

October 1, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  91. lisa

This is the first comment from Kate were she has actually said OUR kids. Usually it's HER kids this and HER kids that. That lady is all about herself

October 1, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Louise

Get a life Jon, what's wrong? Do you think your kids will be more popular than you???????????

October 1, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. sue

If Jon was truly concerned with his children's welfare, he would not be living the lifestyle he has. If he were concerned about his children, he would be providing a better example for them. His lifestyle seems to suggest his morals are non-existent. I believe TLC wants to provide family entertainment, and Jon's exploits have hurt the show. I don't blame them for dumping him.

October 1, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Sophie

Can we be done with the Kate and Jon saga...what next to keep this story line on the front page. Life will continue to happen if we don't hear about them or see them.

October 1, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Jenny

I have mixed feelings about all of this I have been a long time viewer of the show and I find it very interesting that Jon never had a problem with the explotation of his children, that is until he no longer was receiving $75,000 a week. Seems to me he may be saying if I can't have the money then you can't either. I hope he has considred where this may lead. I am guessing the next step will be that Kate will file for total custody so she can make the decisions. I hope Jon has considred this will definitly mean he will be giving up the pent house as well as the PA estate and getting back to realitiy and the real world real fast.

October 1, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Maria M

No matter if TLC pulls the plug on the show – Kate is educated, strong, successful and she has what it takes to raise those beautiful children on her own –
    Jon is acting like a child whose cookie has been taken away – he needs to grow up and yep get a real job and support those 8 kids ..he lacks intelligence...

I have been watching (and listening) to the show since they started and sense the distance between them – Kate tried really hard and there are times when she lost her patience with him in public and a few thought she was being rude ..but not unless you live with someone who lacks confidence and has no direction you will not understand – I write from experience...please don't judge her ..she didn't wake up one day and decide to leave ...

TLC if you are reading this – please don't cancel the show – let John throw his tantrums – the only one he is hurting are the kids.

We love the show – Kate you are a GREAT MOM – and stand up for what you believe in – even if you weren't on the show – Jon would have still try to bring you down – fight the good fight ...don't take him back – don't discuss him – Keep the FAITH – God Bless you and your kids ..
    Remember it does get better ....

October 1, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Barbara

At least Kate understands that this show pays the bills. How does no-job self-centered Jon think he is going to pay for that house and eight kids with no show. Jon puts out these self-rightous statement s and then like the idiot he is, he sits on Larry King Live talking about his girlfriend. He is such a joke and what a jerk to do this to his kids. He takes away their main source of income becuase of his ego.

October 1, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Deanna

Yeah Kate I believe she lives her life for her children and Jon is just a big cry baby and he is acting the way he is because the public doesn't feel he is that imporent anymore Keep up the great work Kate

October 1, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Michelle Capelle

Kate...Shame on you!!!! JON should've been involved in this decision. These are his children too as well as his show as well. Without him this family wouldn't exist. Without you this family wouldn't exist. This is the only way you can lash out at Jon without verbally expresssing your pain for being replaced in your eyes. Jon is expressing his pain in a different way and this doesn't make it wrong...it makes him human as well. I will not watch the show if he's not a part of it. I was a single mother as well...for a long time...stop thinking your fooling any of US. This is apart of your family life because you both chose that...So if he's not going to be apart of that don't you think he should have been in that meeting and decision?! Showing your pain as he is makes you human...lets see it or bury it and explode in your next marriage as well. It's okay to be normal.

October 1, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Marie

I wonder how Jon plans to support his children now that he's decided to "man up and do what's best for his children" – oh wait, he's going to have a clothing line and have his children model the clothes.... I think he had that epiphany while in France drinking champagne with Hailey. He is multi-talented for sure – he can talk out of both sides of his mouth while having epiphanies. I'll bet Kate's brother and sister-in-law will be right there to help him "do what's best for the kids" while they are modeling so they aren't exploited – of course, their efforts will have to be well compensated..... Keep taking the high road Kate – someone has to look out for your kids and it is clear you are the only parent doing that.

October 1, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Jan

Jon is a loser. He doesnt care about the kids being on the show, he cares where his share of the money is. if he isnt on camera his paycheck is way less. I love the show, always thought Jon was weak, now I know he is a cheater and still week. Get a JOB JOn

October 1, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jackie

I don't care what anybody says, it's all about the money and ONLY about the money. TLC cares only about a hit TV show and is fully aware that they could never buy publicity like this if they wanted to–Jon and Kate's split is a ratings bonanza. Kate has obviously wanted fame and stardom from the get-go, and will apparently do whatever it takes to stay in the spotlight. Jon was probably the least prepared of them all to handle the celebrity that comes from being on a TV show, and now that he's inevitably gone off the rails, he's being vilified. This entire family is a mess and it's not getting better. Shame on TLC for trying to milk the cash cow as much as possible. They should have taken these people off the air as soon as trouble started brewing. I feel sorry for both Jon and Kate, they started out as relatively normal, ordinary people trying to cope in extraordinary circumstances but normal, ordinary people have no training in how to live in a fishbowl while being shamelessly exploited by the "entertainment" industry. People, stop watching!!

October 1, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  103. JBM

Kate is moving forward as a single parent and she has taken responsibility for supporting her family, nurturing her family and setting a strong parental example for her children. Kate has done a great job stepping up to the plate.

The children appear to have a positive reaction to being on television and I am sure Kate and the network have taken every means to assure the children's well being. This experience is an investment in the children's future. College times 8 is over 1.2 million dollars now.

As for John – he needs to snap out of it and grow up.

October 1, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Mary

Jon needs to grow up and be a father to his kids like he should be.

October 1, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Rhonda

She checks in with her 5 year olds? What could they possibly say? What makes me crazy is when she complains about being followed at the grocery store. You can't have it both ways. Jon please go away.

October 1, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Magz

He would have still been getting paid guys... Get it right! He just would not have a lot of camera time and this is why he is upset.

October 1, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Magz

I hear what all ya'll are saying. But the WHOLE thing is... Jon was fine with the show until they changed the name and said he would have a lesser role. HE WAS COOL WITH IT BEFORE THEN!!!!!!!. REMEMBER THAT VERY IMPORTANT FACT PEOPLE!!!! Let up on Kate. She's cool. The kids can't tell Jon or Kate how to make money. You can only take care of them if you have money. (Of course you gotta love ur kids and raise them right also but,) IF you have NO money coming in, no where to live cause u quit the show, stopped getting paid so that you can find a regular 9 to 5 with the way the Job market is... How are you supposed to take care of ANYTHING??? Rent, food for the kids, diapers, pull ups, clothes, laundry, lights, gas, insurance and blah blah blah all cost money. I don't really know what's going on cause I don't or never have lived with JON OR KATE.. I'm going off what I am reading and what I read is that Jon was all up in the show and all about the show before they even decided to change it and as soon as they did change it, he saying what all ya'll are saying. So contradicting. I hate folks that contradict what they say. Anyways. You all be blessed. Hugs.

October 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  108. single mom

First....why have that many kids if you can't support them without exploiting them?
    And seriously, both Jon and Kate are tools...she's a hateful shrew and he's a spineless idiot. Neither one of them deserve those kids!

October 1, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Cinders23

The minute Jon & Kate Gosselin decided to drop their dignity and have their life filmed for $, $$, and more $$$, was the day their children were dealt the "my-childhood-will-never-be-normal" card. At this point in time I don't think ANY of the children have a chance to live a fun-filled, spontaneous, warm-fuzzy life. Their parents have GUARANTEED THAT by their behavior. Shame, shame, shame on both Jon & Kate. Kate, making your own organic food for the kids on camera doesn't fulfill the needs of your children by a long shot. Jon, attending "Hollywood" parties and being photographed with "girls" doesn't fulfill the needs of your children having a loving, doting father by a long shot. Parents, get the cameras out of your lives RIGHT NOW! We as an audience do not need anymore of YOUR face time. End this madness for your children's sake. RIGHT NOW!!!

October 1, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Michael Harris

Greed – that is all it is about. Both Jon and Kate – it is greed. Get a job!

October 1, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Grandma

what is the matter with jon. poor kate. 8 children and a overwight baby. good luck to her. he is a poor loser, even if he did start the match

October 1, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Renesys

I WAS looking forward to watching the new show Kate plus 8, without that cry baby whining Jon. He lies so much and he is no better than any lying cheating looser scum bag, that doesn't have a job conducive to supporting 8 children.

NOW, because of his EGO being bruised because he was fired from the show, he is trying to take away Kate's method of supporting her children. WHY? Because his ego was bruised, point blank. He is NOT even considering the children in my opinion. He can't support them, let Kate contine with her quest to give those children the very best life she can! He is a slime bag cheater.

October 1, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Kelly J PA

Anyone who sticks up for either of these "parents" is an idiot. Kate makes me want to vomit with her "Boo hoo! I can't quit the show. I have to support my kids!" Get a freaking job like everyone else who has a family. There are countless large families who don't exploit their kids on TV and manage to make ends meet. They both had careers before kids, they should be able to manage now. And to the people who think the show is "wonderful"... ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!!!!!! Kate is a shre who publicly berated her husband on TV, and Jon has been disengaged forever. She's also a crappy mother. Her parenting skills are really weak. She's like the wire monkey mother in those old psychology experiments. I wish those kids well, but Jon and Kate can both kiss off.

October 1, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Stop the madness

Aren't there more important topics in the world other than this seemingly never ending soap opera?
    Stop suppporting the madness people...just say no...step away from the Gosselins.

October 1, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  115. sail

Kate should be ashame of her self, what she should be doing is to make sure they fine a way to be on set together cos a fathers presence is always needed

October 1, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  116. lt

yeah i say take the show off the air,have'nt we all suffered enough...

October 1, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Keyshla

I think the decision took Jon by surprise. It shows that they didn't even sit down with him and explain what was happening so technically they pulled the rug from under him. I believe that if he would have known before it was announced that his reaction would have been different. Also, both parents are still very involved with the children so why choose kate and not Jon, that could have been another thought he had in his mind.

October 1, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Michelle

Jon is such a dirtbag. Now is concerned. That dirtbag wasn't concerned when he was out in public with different women ever other day and drinking it up. I guess since he not on the show now he wants it stopped. Way to go dirtbag, Where was this when he was buying a 2 million dollar house(that the show help pay for), and his apartment in NY. Yah he really cares about his kids. Just when I think he can't go any lower. He is such a weak person!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 1, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Gabby

To Kate: You would make the same announcement if TLC had decided to can your ***. Neither of you are looking out for the kids...only yourselves. You & and kids have enough $ to live nicely for the rest of your lives. Invest what you have and you shouldn't have problem w/ maintaining your living status.

October 1, 2009 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Mom in California

Don't care his reasons, this show needs to end. Why is the world so interested in other peoples lives? Maybe they should get interested in their own childrens/families lives.

October 1, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Kat

ENOUGH!!!! There are three sides to this messy story, hers, his and the TRUTH. The latter we will NEVER know. Just cancel this farce and let the children grow up, away fron the spot light. Stop all the gossip about 2 grown-ups (and I use the term loosely) who are acting as idiots for monertary reasons.

October 1, 2009 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  122. DAN

Ed thank God you are gay after this statement! "Kate reminds me why I am glad I’m gay. Jon is the father, and he can quite frankly do what he wants to do. She’s typical piss and moan woman."

Hope you and whatever man you hook up with NEVER adopt a child with your attitude. The gay community would be ashamed of you for that comment. Jon is not a great father or he wouldn't be dragging his family through all this. He gets the award for the Worst Father of 2009!

October 1, 2009 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  123. C

Their both only looking out for themselves, this is a extremely difficult time for the kids and trying to understand what has happened to their family and the last thing they need is cameras filming there every move. Both the mom and the dad need to get their heads out of their …. and deal with this in a private and civilized manner for the sake of their children.

October 1, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Moose in Ohio

My son who is now 31 was a child model. He quit at the age of 6 because he did not want to do it anymore. Yes, I checked with him after the age of 4 to see what he wanted. Once he became tired of "acting" for the camera we were done. Kate is a disgrace as a mother!! Doing it for the kids my azz!! Shame on her. It is time for this program to be done with. At least Jon is stating what the rest of us have been thinking for months. The marriage is over and so should the program be done. Move on Kate!! MOVE ON!

October 1, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  125. kim\

Although I may not like the concept of the show or Jon or Kate for that matter Jon is a simple confused brat who wants to be in the lime lite and hurt his wife and children.
    Kate will soon be a single mom who is currently employed by TLC
    Jon does not have a job.
    Who will be paying for the support of these children?
    Should they all go on welfare?
    Jon needs to get over his %@*$( ing around and face facts, someone has to support the family and he can't do it at this time.
    In life there are many single parents and if Jon continues this it will be bad for everyone.

October 1, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Kathryn

These two can't find a better way to communicate than to trade barbs via of the media...omg...how childish...BOTH of them!!! Frankly, I don't care if the show stays on the air or not, I quit watching it a ways back when i got my gut full of Kate constantly berating Jon. Maybe these two should never have been married to one another, who knows....but better yet....who cares? In defense of Kate continuing the show to provide for her children?.....good for her. Do we say to actors who makes HEAPS of $$ to quit what they do simply because WE think they've made "enough" money? NO So...hey....tuck the little green monster back under ya'll hats.

October 1, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  127. char

When they do go through with the divorce because of how they have the kids living in the house and the parents rotating in and out they will have to come up with a creative child support agreement. In many states if your children have been accustomed to a certain lifestyle it is your responsibility to keep it up. If the court feels Jon has purposely become underemployed or unemployed he may still receive an order based on his income with the show. Hence why I think he wants to postpone the divorce proceedings....

October 1, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Babs

whatever jon's motives are at least he has had filming suspended.
    kate has brought in enough cash to take care of her family enough of the cherade. perhaps this will be the end of her and the show and maybe tlc will wake up and realize their reputation has suffered enough as a result of this train wreck. kate orchestrated the divorce long before the public became aware of it and then cried poor me to garner sympathy. jon was the patsy in this, with all the bad publicity, as tlc has gone out of its way to make him look worse and to hold kate up. well kate is a wanna be diva – she has no talent, someone please tell me how she is so entitled. give up the fame and get back to the business of raising healthy, happy children.

October 1, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  129. SICKOFIT

Take the show off the air and let Jon figure out how to pay child support for his 8 kids.

October 1, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Kim

Take the Show off the air, she is not in it for the children, she is in it to make herself look good, and all of those children will have some kind of complex when they get older. So enough already, and nobody wants to see her with her own talk show either. That is a Big Joke!!!!!!

October 1, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Carol

Man up Jon! Quit being such a whiney baby! And by the way aren't you accustomed to being fired?

October 1, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  132. atlgirl

Jon is a PIG!! He is totally disgusting! Go Kate, you are the only one with a brain on the show and you will make a great single Mom because you truly love your kids. Don't give up!

October 1, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  133. S.C.R.

I dislike Kate and I dislike TLC for letting this go so far. There are bigger issues in our world to deal with than what Jon and kate do. Its all about money and greed. YOU GO JON! Why should she be the only one to profit off their children. I bet for enough money Jon will allow taping to continue!

October 1, 2009 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Stephanie

What one was a show that was intended to help connect the struggles and challenges of this family to its viewers has now turned into a pathetic soap opera. What "opportunities" do they really think they are giving their kids? Money certainly didn't bring happiness to Jon or Kate so I'm not sure how she sees this as a favor to her children. The only legacy they will have is the shame and embarrassment of having two caricatures as parents documented on film as a cultural punchline.

If TLC wants to preserve the integrity its network name implies, it needs to cancel this show entirely – they've lost grip on reality as much as the Gosselins.

October 1, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Ed

Kate reminds me why I am glad I'm gay. Jon is the father, and he can quite frankly do what he wants to do. She's typical piss and moan woman.

October 1, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Nicole

I agree that they should both have to get jobs and support their children like the rest of us do. Jon's a loser, Kate's a witch, and they're both TERRIBLE parents. They're both using their children to benefit themselves. Those kids would be better off in foster care at the rate that things are going and then who would Jon and Kate be?? Big fat NO ONE whom no one would give a rat's boohiney about.

October 1, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  137. nancy

Keep Kate Plus 8 otherwise we might get 'Octo-mom and her Brood' on a reality show.

October 1, 2009 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Rodhe

I think the show should not go on any longer, I feel for the kids. This family would probably still be together if they would not have involved the media. The kids will be hurt when they are older and read and hear all about the situation they have been put in. They are not a circus family they are a real family.

October 1, 2009 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Cindy

What an idiot! Jon will want his children on his reality show because what is a divorced dads show without the children appearing ever? The joint custody is an arrangement between them but if he keeps this up he is giving Kate more and more fuel to file sole custody and there goes Jon's plan for the show. Just watch after the divorce is final even more heck is going to break out. Sorry but after all this I hope Kate gets full custody. What child court judge would give Jon custody of the children after the way he has acted? Poor kids. They are the ones to suffer from this and it they would have been fine if Jon hadn't started all this crap months ago and now he is making is so much worse.

October 1, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  140. cherokee

I heard over a year ago that Jon was growing increasingly frustrated with the show. If you ask me - that is why Kate wanted the divorce. She was afraid Jon was going to pull the plug, so instead she got rid of him. I think at this point TLC needs to pull the plug. This is getting uglier and uglier between the two (as divorces often do). Lets not forget who has been the witch on this show for forever. She can soften her voice, but she is still mean to those kids. Jon was their soft spot to fall cause Kate yells at them for everything. Only now when she is courting public favor does she play the poor pitiful me act. Actually thats not true, she's always played the poor pitiful me act. I would like to see both of them go out and get a real job.

October 1, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  141. sulema vielma

WHAT A JERK! While I don't approve of the show, they both went into this together and now he is TIRED OF IT. ???!!!

October 1, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Marva

You can choose the choices that you make, but you can't choose the consequences to those choices. Jon made choices that were not good and this is the consequence. Don't hate on Kate, she is a single mother trying to raise 8 kids. I love the show. If that's how she can provide for her kids without going on WELFARE I say leave Kate and TLC be, unless you are going to help her take care of the kids!

October 1, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  143. jeromo

I think it would be more efficient to have TLC write the checks directly to the lawyers.

October 1, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  144. nonbeliever

so rocky would that be before or after you have an affair w/ 3 women and one of them in your home where the kids live, partied in utah, vegas, and the eastern seaboard............?

October 1, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Beth

I could truly care less about the show honestly. I just find it ironic that Jon wants to cancel the show all of a sudden since his name was dropped by TLC. I just hope these poor kids are some how being shielded from all of the bickering and nastiness.

October 1, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Bridgette

I am glad Jon is off the show. Jon Gosselin only cares about Jon Gosselin. Of course he wants to stop the show. Hes probably not going to be getting paid anymore. If the show doesnt continues taping how is Kate going to afford 8 kids. Maybe Jon s hould get a real job and stop acting like a young single man.

October 1, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Tim

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! They're going to take away all of Kate's exploited money. Boo hoo!

His kids, he has as much say in the matter as she does. If he isn't going to be in the show, and can't check up on his kids while they are on this show, he shouldn't allow it to happen. "Kate plus 8" sounds like Kate wants all the money and attention to me...

October 1, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  148. reality wasteland

Who cares who's right on this? TLC, do the right thing, end this.
    I'd rather watch a test pattern on tv than see this. Let the kids have a normal life.

October 1, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Christina

Jon has the right to stop production of this show regardless of if he agreed with it in the past or a minute ago. I just would like to see these people take care of themselves the way we all do...

October 1, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Kim, Boston

The chilidren shouldn't be subjected to Jon and his manipulative tantrums, which the children will see when they are older!
    Something Jon might want to keep in mind.
    The money the show generates will support these 8 children, ensure they have a college education, etc...
    Goodness knows he's not capable of it!

October 1, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  151. marcy

I've lived through my own divorce, I don't need to live through theirs.
    Cut the show and cut the crap. I am sick of seeing her and him. I really feel for those children. They have been exploited from day one and TLC is comtributing. I am boycotting TLC until they start to offer shows that are of a higher caliber.

October 1, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  152. adrian

TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR!!!!

October 1, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  153. sandy

This show is a disgrace to today's families....Get it off the air....Let's talk about more important things!!!!!!!!!!

October 1, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Rebeca

Jon is just pissed off cause he ain't going to be the highlight of the show anymore! He is hungry for media attention....as for Kate as long as she is keeping true to the children then she should still pursue the show...cause she is right the children and herself are living alot better with the show on the air....hey, with this bad economy Kate and the kids are well better with the show...Good luck Kate

October 1, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Cindy

Jon has just made his motives clear. It is NOT concern about his children by his action of stopping production of the show but he is trying to force TLC out of the contract that he, JON, signed that he can only work for TLC. He states today he wants out of the exclusion because he wants his own reality show "DIVORCED DADS" and guess what. He wants the children to be filmed on THAT show.

This was never about making nicey nice with Kate by stopping the divorce but a stunt till the paperwork is filed to try and get out of his exclusive contract with TLC. With TLC his paychecks will be cut way, way down because he will appear only occasionally and he wants his own show to make more money. This is not about not wanting the children filmed by TLC or concern for the children, it was because he wants to continue on another reality show starring him. JON LIES AND LIES AND LIES and is nothing but trash. He is only out for himself.

Kate I hope you can stay strong through all this as it has to be a living nightmare for you and the children. Their father is only hurting them even more.

October 1, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Laura

This show should just be canceled!!! I think BOTH parents, and TLC should be ashamed of them selfs!!!

October 1, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Jane

Kate Is a SNOB, find another way to raise your children,They seem to be the ones making money for you to spend.What a shameful thong to do to children.

October 1, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Susan from North Carolina

I use to love this show. However two parents seem to be out for their own gain. The house they live in, is so out of alot of our reachs. It was suppose to show the hardships and the joys. But now its about the money and who is controlling the kids. The father is selfish, he never liked being on the show. And now that he is off the title, he wants to push the "Parental Rights" button. Now you have shown your kids. Are you proud? I don't think the Kate is doing too much better, You let the kids make the decisions???? You are in trouble when they become teens. Only reason you two are known, is because of the kids. Get a grip with yourselves. I will now not watch any of the show.

October 1, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Rob DC

can I pls have a 3 minute round with that selfish sob?

October 1, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Shelley, SLC UT

When is their 15 minutes up?

October 1, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Patty

Who is he kidding? Please TLC do not end this show. I love it!! Love the kids! Kate is doing what she has to do. I have been watching this show since the very beginning, I have never seen the children upset with or saying no to filming. I have heard one of the kids say no to more pictures being taken for magazines.
    So is Jon going to make the money it takes to take care of his Children hanging around with people like Lohan? A man that does not take care of his children. all this time he talked about how this was helping not hurting his kids .... while it gained him money Now that he is finally out he says it is hurting his kids. Seems he uses his kids only when it benefits Jon. Your going DOWN Jon Boy!!

October 1, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  162. nic card

JON TOOK SO MUCH OF KATES CRAP for that show and drove him nuts. of course they will show him trying to be free. i will not watch her alone and will miss the kids. but they are kind of becoming snobby as well. now they will need to get jobs and get real. and i am so over her' taking the high road' crap, shes ended up alone. she'll find a man again. all goblins do. but will he marry heer and support all the kids i hope jon finds himself and gets work going and gets enough to help pay for the 8 kids. kate , piss off

October 1, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  163. sally

This show isn't worth watching anymore..take it AWAY. When it was a
    cute family with adorable kids, it was fun. Who even cares anymore?

October 1, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  164. DS

Her ultimatum to have John removed has backfired. She should have had the sense to consult her lawyers before having made the decision that will cause her kid's income to go to the lawyers. Wait, maybe she did! You lose Kate.

October 1, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Raffy

Whatever–their lives are imploding. Was it b/c of the show or would it have happened anyhow? Who knows? Who cares? Everyone's lives are a mess in some way–theirs just happens to be on TV...

October 1, 2009 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  166. jr in canada

Seriously people, I cannot stand Kate-everyone is making Jon out to be the bad guy, but come on...could you live with that woman and stay happy or sane for that matter?! She is demeaning, and did nothing but criticize him for everything and she makes herself to be way better than everyone else. I think if TLC cancelled the show and she thought she might have to be forced to be a normal working class mother like the rest of us-she would throw her head in her hands and cry until another tv network offered her something–GO JON! I hope you are finally happy-although, I would expect you to keep being a dad to your kids...

October 1, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  167. ME

This show is a product designed to make a profit for all involved.
    I believe that all of the supposed behind the scenes activities are part of the product and designed to maximize profits.
    If you take this stuff seriously then you are falling in line with the plan.

October 1, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Stacey

John is a coward!!! Kate keep your wits about you! Maybe the girlfriend is pulling his strings like pinocchio! clearly kate is doing what is in the best interest of her children and john is more interested in the fact that maybe he won't get any money for a show he is not involved in anymore. GREEDY man if you ask me!

October 1, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  169. bj

It's time to take the show off television. This is no longer positive and we all know why they did it. How else are they going to take care of those kids and live the high life. Enough already!

October 1, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Anthony

I watched the show for the first 2 yrs then i got tired of kate treating him so badly. I would have left her a long time ago. Not that Jon is doing any good fo himself right now!!! he should have layed low for awhile and then started dating... Well i say enough of the show. kate and Jon both wanted the children Multiples or not get a real job and struggle like all the other families in the world. It will show you what you should have done in the start!!! TEAM WORK and you both dont have it. Oh yeah Kate stop being so Annoying Other people have opinions also IE Jon

October 1, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  171. piper

Regardless of the action of John, Kate rights to continue filming and Jon rights to cancel. They both have rights as parents and TLC knows it. Doesn't matter if one day he was for the Show, the fact of the matter TLC can't keep filming without the consent of the Father. So regardless of who side you're own, Both parents have equal rights and it's time TLC stop the T.V. drama and allow these two to work out their differences, and Kate is only doing this to keep the income that she now enjoys. She sees this as the source of income for her Famed lifestyle, not her children. I applaud John for his action; he's only playing the cards that he's being dealt. If they want to play with a full deck, I suggest they respect and include the Father; otherwise, they can kiss Kate plus 8, 9, or 10 good bye.

October 1, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  172. sim

TLC take the show off the air. I refuse to watch.

October 1, 2009 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Lynda

GO KATE!!!! Jon used to be such an awesome guy and then he fell into fame and decided the world owed him or something. Now he's a pig and loser. He believes we should all bow down because he's Jon. If it wasn't for Kate he'd be a bald, fat, joke working 20 hours a day. He should be bowing down to her for "nagging' him to lose the weight and he hair plugs! Go Kate! I love you and the kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mom!

October 1, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  174. RM

I think it is time that The Learning Channel goes back to programming shows that don't get smashed all over the tabloids. IMHO, TLC is just as greedy as the parents.

October 1, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Andrew

It is so obvious that all of this bickering has been well planned and thought out in an attempt by both Kate and Jon to keep them and their children in the media spotlight. After all, if they don’t have the show, they don’t have a job. Kate continues to put her needs before her children’s. At least Jon had enough sense to walk (run) away from Kate. I don’t know about you, but I am no longer watching any programs on TLC, they are just as much at fault as are the advertisers who buy time slots during this abomination of a TV show.

October 1, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  176. B&C

I am in favor of taking the show off the air. Honestly, I've never watched it, nor will I watch it. Good grief. It was their decision to have that many kids. Now deal with it and get real jobs.

October 1, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Kate

The man is a complete horror story – it is impossible to feel any respect for him at all, regardless of whether this show 'should' be on tv or not. Every time he hits the news, he seems like a bigger whiner and complainer than the week before – and that is really saying something.

October 1, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Vanessa

Yes, I believe Kate when she says she is doing it for the kids. Think about it! How would you support 8 kids (6 of them the same age). Kids can get very expensive. She has to look out for her kids. Having the show on TLC is helping her support her family. There's always going to be a lot of media attention on those kids and Kate has to have the means to afford security among other things. John used to be reliable, but she can no longer count on him. John is acting like a little kid because he hasn't been able to get his way. He wants to stop the show? What happens if he succeeds? Is he going to step up and support his 8 kids and Kate? No, he's going to be too busy with all his girlfriends.

October 1, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Walt

This show is on its last legs anyway... these kids won't be cute much longer. As for Kate, the "opportunities they wouldn't normally have" comment is stupid and obvious... money, trips, free this and that... of course she wants the gravy train to continue. Has everybody forgotten what a witch she is? Jon gets away from this shrew and has some fun with some adult single gals... so what? Who cares who they are? It wasn't Kate's sister or niece or anything. So now he's evil. America is so fickle. Jon's gonna have to get a real job and support those kids (yeah... that'll happen)... or Kate pays him alimony since she's the breadwinner now (most likely). Their kids are the real-life version of "The Truman Show". Good luck, and people... STOP WATCHING!!!

October 1, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  180. J.P.

I am so tired of "he said" "she said". Take the stupid show off TLC. Let Jon & Kate worry like the rest of us on how to provide for children. They are taking the easy way out. Is this going to happen everytime a couple have multiples? Get on TV and take the easy money?? I for one can understand Jon. He got tired of being dumped on and wanted to feel like a person again. Both need to grow up..

October 1, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  181. djh

Jon needs to get a grip, you can't always have your cake and eat it too! Kate is not doing anything wrong, if this is the way she can provide better opportunities for her kids then let it be! The children don't look unhappy to me.

October 1, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Ann

Greed sets in. I wish all of them would just go away!

October 1, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Jonathan

End this now TLC.

October 1, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  184. BERTA

you are being way to nice to him.

October 1, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  185. MARCIA S

yeah, kate need more plastic surgery, to be more plastic and fake as she is PLEASE CANCELL THE SHOW so they can fade away she has enough money to raise her kids how did she plan do do it b4 the show being a normal person ? go off be gone!

October 1, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  186. YF

Why is this disgusting excuse of a news story always given more importance than real headlines and stories around the world? Jon and Kate are the perfect example of what greed has done to this country!

October 1, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Sher

isn't he under contract with TLC? They should sue him for breech of contract and cramp his style. And Kate's attorney's should file for child support in the court system this afternoon! Or will HE be getting supprt from Kate?

Hey Jon, go out and get a real job if you don't want to do this. Be a real man and care for your children and not your hormones. You married Kate and made a promise to those kids when you brought them into the world.

October 1, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  188. MAC

It doesn't matter what any of us think, it matters what is in the best interest of the children. Do these kids know what is best for them? As parents we are supposed to protect our children and give them what they need, not what we want them to have. We all want to give them the world but that doesn't mean they need it. Regardless of what Jon is doing in his personal life, I applaud Jon for waking up and seeing that this show is not what they need and in order for them to have a normal childhood, and ultimately adult life, they need to be removed from the public eye. Kate can find a different way to support her need for fame. The kids shouldn't have to pay the price.

October 1, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  189. TDH

Someone has to bring money in and Kate is right, they more opportunities that they wouldnt have if they were not on TV. These kids will be set for the rest of their life. People suprise me when they say they wouldnt do this to their kids but if they were the ones being offered Kate's paycheck, they wouldnt think twice about doing it.

October 1, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Ystap

Beth – I agree with you. "Checking in" with her kids to see if they still want to be part of the show is ridiculous. As their sole parent with any apparent reasoning skills, Kate should realize how silly that statement sounds. She should have just left it at "I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn’t otherwise have."

October 1, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Rocky

I will say one thing in Jon's favor... if I were a father of 8 kids I would not want them being subjected to the situations they are in unless I was constantly involved. I can see how he could feel the situation is acceptable while he's involved and be uncomfortable with it when he's not involved. Sure, part of his motivation is self-preservation but maybe part of it is genuine concern for not being involved in this very important part of his children's lives.

October 1, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Necyscruiser

Stop the show, obviously this is a train wreck and the children deserve privacy at this time. Both parents should be ashamed.

October 1, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  193. T. G.

Here we go again with the "I'm doing this for the kids" excuse. It's obvious that every decision Jon and Kate have made is for themselves. Otherwise, none of this nonsense would have happenned in the first place.

October 1, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Traci

I LOVE this and KATE!!! Jon is a massive tool! Sooooo glad he's off the show!

October 1, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Trish Kennedy-Campbell

This show is about greed and child exploitation . TLC is as much of a fraud as Kate Gosselin is. Take this train wreck off the air!!

October 1, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Beth

She checks in with FIVE year olds? WHO is the parent? Besides, do they even KNOW anything else other than cameras and filming?

October 1, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  197. LBW

Way to go Kate! He is such a pig. He cut himself from the show and this is fine, but now he is hurting the kids. Someone has to bring in a check and she has no problem doing this. He on the other hand has been playing with his girl friends and spending money like water. What is he thinking?

October 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |