September 29th, 2009

True Blood EXCLUSIVE: Part Two!

Hi Marquee Blog readers–ready for part two of my True Blood HBO Emmy After Party Special? Well here you go—an exclusive tidbit about the new season from Stephen Moyer.

Stephen Moyer

When I asked Stephen about working with Anna Paquin, his real life fiancée, he told me how much he loves getting to spend all of that extra time with her, but warned that it might not last for long.

“I love working with Anna–I don’t think we will be working together this season only because it’s very hard to make Bill and Sookie the couple just be Bill and Sookie the couple. Nobody wants to watch that forever–every single drama you’ve ever watched has that thing where now you’ve watched and now let’s put him over there and see how he works with her and how she works with him…so we’ll see!”

Uh-oh, sounds like there may be some trouble in Bill and Sookie paradise next season! What do you guys think? Do you agree with Stephen? Would you like to see Bill and Sookie paired with other people next season?

I can’t wait to read what you think!

1. Elianne23

Bill and Sookie need to be together – they are the emotional cornerstone
    of the show. But – they need some obstacles to overcome in their relationship, so I'm fine with them being split up for awhile and
    exploring other options as long as they find their way back to each other
    at the end.
    Don't make the Joss Whedon mistake of building up a great romance,
    splitting up the couple, and then never really doing anything else with it.
    And yes, I shipped B/A

October 4, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kayla

You know I absolutely love Eric in the books (and in the series) and I love Bill in the series... but not so much in the books. As much as I love Bill and Sookie together in the series (they are adorable!) I want her to be with Eric! Anybody else and it's a big fat no way! hahaha!

October 3, 2009 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. TEAMBILL

nooooo i prefer bill n sookie :( :( :(

October 2, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. EricFan

I just can't wait until they do Book 4, all Eric all the time!

October 2, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Monklin

I like Bill & Sookie together, but in the books I like Sookie & Eric better. So I'm excited for whichever way it goes. But I'm excited to see Alcide!

October 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Daya

Please PLEASE OH MY GOD I AM BEGGING YOU ALAN BALL! it's painful to watch Bill and Sookie, I just can't stand that pathetic relationship, please stay true to the book's main romance and bring on SOOKIE&ERIC ASAP, there's just an amount of bill I can take. and THIS IS IT

October 2, 2009 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. rj

yes please!!! we definitely need more of eric and sookie now!!!!

October 1, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. AKL

I think the idea of Bill and Sookie stickng together is the way it shoud be. With an amazingly-intelegent-creator of this world, Alan Ball, I know he can create fabulous season 3 and not have to break the one relationship that deserves love and happiness....of course this can take time....new struggles but the assurance that the end of it all, Sookie and Bill grow from the struggles and we as an, Fans can see the bet paired characters (and in real life) in a long long time.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion.

Warm Regards

October 1, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jessi

Sookie and Eric all the way!

October 1, 2009 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nicole Eglinger

I for one is getting tired of the whole Bill and Sookie pair up. I have read all 9 books and we all know who she ends up with. Then again I would really love for them to be true to the books because it is really confusing people. I think Eric and Sookie is very hot! We also know that Eric is using trickery to keep his hold on Sookie. I for one agreed with Alan Ball to keep Lafayett but why did you have to kill Godric they could 've played that angle of the story a long way. I so can't wait for Season Three guess The Vampire Diary's will have to surfice.

October 1, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Priscilla

I would like to see her with Quinn and Alcide. Quinn was so hot in the books. Eventually I would like to see her back with Bill. I love Eric in the books, but I don't trust him with her like I do Bill.

October 1, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Natacha

I don't like Bill and Sookie anymore. Season one was fun but this time it was just boring. Now, Eric was perfect. Gosh episode 9 was great. And having the dream sequences made me want to see more.

October 1, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mia

The Sookie and Eric preview that we got looked hot, can't wait to see more! I already forgot about Bill.

October 1, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. aw

If Bill and Sookie were as exciting as watching paint dry the DVD sales wouldn't be huge and the second season wouldn't have had the big debut. Some people don't like Bill, because of the books, but that doesn't mean B&S are boring.
    I'm not convinced they have to completely break up for there to be drama, but if so let's hope it is handled better than in the books. And they can't follow the books exactly because there are so many of them, the show won't be on for more than ten seasons after all. They would have to accelerate the various relationships and alternate pairings so the show can have some sort of satisfying ending in a few years (if it makes it that long).

October 1, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sydney

hahahah. Look at all the BillBabes. Alcide will be on season 3, but its the Eric/Sookie storyline that Alan Ball will further and eventually, he'll put them together. Its pretty insulting to every other character to say True Blood is about Bill and Sookie. If some haven't noticed, B/S are as exciting as watching paint dry and some better educate themselves on Alan Ball and how he writes couples, especially if you think this show is about bill and sookie.

October 1, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  16. kealeagh

i hope the course of each relationship sookie is with in the books are similar to the show. alan did say that the eric/sookie relationship would be like the books. so that's good. bill and sookie are boring, but i love them seperately. sookie is too dependant on him and bill is too possessive.

October 1, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SissAsh

Alan, Please Bump Up Pam's role. She's been riding "Eric's" coat tails too long! She's Fabulously Wicked Good! TX LvS Ya! *wink ;)

October 1, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mj

I know it's not gonna happen, but I would love to see some more of Sam... Not that I don't like the vampires, but Sam is SO sweet!

How long till the start of season 3??? I can't wait, I'm hooked!

October 1, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Annette Nishimoto

Follow the romances set in the books, they make better drama for the series I think.

October 1, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Steph

I believe that I saw Alan Ball in an interview mention that there are about equal numbers of Bill fans and Eric fans, so he's going to keep juggling the relationships up in the air to try to keep everybody happy and increase tension. Also, if/when Alcide is introduced next season, we'll have fun watching three love interests being juggled!

October 1, 2009 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  21. Maria

For those of us who have read the novels, I just started book 6 myself, the series does not track with the written storyline. However, I really would like to see more of the novel plotline incorporated into the series. I'm getting really confused trying to keep the two realities straight in my head.

October 1, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. SissAsh

I agree with Stephen! Every romantic plot needs to be Spiced Up! I wanna see more of the BadVamp in "Bill"! Show us your darkside! Jessica can help you with that! She's being a little BadGirlVamp! I have a feelin' "Eric" is getting a little soft! XXOO "Eric" LV YA FR: TX ! :)

October 1, 2009 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. Eryn

That's a relief. By mid-season 2, I couldn't stand Bill and Sookie together. She seems like such a wimp when she's with him but amongst other characters, she's fine.

October 1, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  24. Abby

The series has been LOOSELY following the book series, so if it still holds true, then Bill will be held captive and tortured most of season 3. Now who they put her with...? In the book it's Eric and a new (to us) werewolf, Alicede (sp?).

October 1, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  25. Ari

That is great news. I'm tired of AB shoving Bill and Sookie in my face. They haven't been exciting to me since early in season 1, and this season was almost unbearable. Bring on Eric and Sookie and Bill & whoever (honestly don't care as long as it's not Sookie).

October 1, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Alice

I am eager to see the development of Eric's character and his relationship w/ Sookie.

October 1, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  27. Barbara E.

As many of us have read the books, we do know the fate of the relationship between Bill and Sookie. However, as we have also seen, Mr. Alan Ball typically has a few tricks up his sleeves ... such as the character dominance of Tara and Lafayette, who were barely mentioned in the books ... the dominance of the maenad story (again, barely a footnote in the books overall) . While I would love for the story to progress similarly to the books, I truly wouldn't mind a twist that leads Sookie back to Bill in the end. There are plenty of fans out there who have written some excellent stories that vary in the Sookie/Bill and Sookie/Eric themes ... I just consider Alan Ball's another one of those excellent variations that we don't read, but see. Either way, I'm happy with the television show. I just wish they would begin filming earlier and air the show earlier. June 2010 is just too far away! *wistful sigh* =)

October 1, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. Christy

I hope they do the whole Sookie and Eric thing too, but it would also be great if they add in the Quinton thing from the book. It would be awesome to see some were tiger!

October 1, 2009 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  29. lafdoc

it has been interesting watching how they adapt the books to include all the characters they have expanded and changed especially the roles they have carved out for tara and lafayette and jason. it will be interesting to see how bill character is used since he is much less a factor in the next two books. they may need to market whatever perfume sookie wheres because every nonhuman male seems to want to bed her it probably would outsell paris hilton fragrances haha

October 1, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  30. Hannah Chapdelaine

Hm. I'd like to see Sookie paired with someone else...*cough*Eric*cough* but I don't think I like the idea of Bill being paired with someone else...especially someone like Lorena or something. But I agree that if they kept Bill and Sookie's relationship perfect it would become boring and honestly a bit nauseating.

October 1, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  31. Sandi

Can't wait to see the Sookie and Eric hookup!!!!!! WE NEED MORE ERIC!!!! LOL

October 1, 2009 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  32. Gia

O sure. For drama's sakes, they have to separate. It's a vamp soapopera after all. As long as they eventually get back together. They are so adorably perfect as a couple. I hate Eric. Blech. Just had to throw that in there.

October 1, 2009 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  33. geneva bohlander

wellll if you read the Sookie Stackhouse Novels you know there is less and less of Bill in the picture. more excitement but less Bill!

October 1, 2009 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  34. Cindy

I want Bill and Sookie to stay together as a couple. I don't expect it to be perfect. I expect problems, separations, misunderstandings & heartache, usually instigated by others. It was the Bill/Sookie relationship that drew most viewers in & will now keep them watching.

October 1, 2009 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  35. rc

Of course there going to be separated, he was taken at the end of season 2, plus she has that ring on her finger. they will be apart and then get back together, and she better not cheat while she is wearing his ring.,

September 30, 2009 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Diana

YES PLEASE HAVE MORE OF ERIC!! Also is there any chance we can hava Godric back??

September 30, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Aquafria4(Billsbabe)

If pairing up Sookie and Eric is the way to go with season 3, so be it.All the better for the Bill and Sookie reunion.They are the heart of the show, so this seperation is only temporary.Let the viking have his moment for now...that way our southern gentleman can sweep Sookie off her feet again,exactly where she belongs,in Bills ARMS and in his BED.

September 30, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. WK4B

There will be drama and heartache but Bill and Sookie are destined to be together. It's going to break my heart in the meantime but in the words of Scarlett "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. " Hopefully AB will be kinder to Bill than Ms. Harris. Alan Ball is making changes from the books which makes me happy as a Billsbabe.

September 30, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Sanna

Just because they are away from each other in the books for a long time doesn't mean it will happen in the show. Alan has changed a lot from them, thank God. Bill is not going anywhere.

September 30, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tutu

Another Billsbabe here wondering who "Nobody" is. I don't remember being questioned on the subject of whether I would or would not want to see more Bill and Sookie living happily ever after. Life is mucky enough, can't we just all get along and have one perfectly happy couple for the time being?

September 30, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Lavendar09

Well a couple of points....yes, its expected that they part..If Stephen knows how season 3 goes he can't really spell it out and cannot give anything away....its a given they won't be together if he has in fact been taken. They will part ways but they will also be back together, eventually. Eric fans will jump all over this but don't forget Alcide...he is a contender...AB can take any aspect of the Books and switch it up. I'm a huge Bill/Sookie fan but understand it needs to happen in the show to keep it interesting and shake things up.....but at the same time it makes me sad.

September 30, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. 7thof10

No matter what the books dictate, Alan has created a very strong bond of love between Bill & Sookie. As it is said "the course of true love never runs smooth" so bring on the drama of Eric, Quinn, etc. as long as Bill and Sookie end up together in the end.

September 30, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  43. piper1715

I know in the books, Bill & Sookie part ways but I still have hopes for a reunion. I would like to see them ultimately end up together in the series, too. Of course, we know it can't be an easy road or the show would be somewhat dull.

September 30, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  44. Dorothea

Well, there is a large contingent of Bill fans (Billsbabes) who would like nothing more than to see Sookie and Bill be blissfully happy for the duration. We know that will not happen. The writers will muddy up their relationship by furthering the Eric/Sookie story and introducing other characters, some of which appear in Harris' books. It will just make their eventual reunion all the more sweet (*fingers crossed*).

September 30, 2009 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  45. mimi

Sookie and Eric? After Sookie's dreams of Eric (all sexy!), I say bring it on, especially because we'll get to see a lot of Eric (and I do mean a lot).

September 29, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. E.E.K.

I liked the show, but I love Bill & Sookie. Isn't the show supposed to be about them, and about Bill being accepted by the town? That's what the show's creator said when I started watching. But the second season just got plain weird. It doesn't have the same small-town atmoshpere it did the first year. All that time spent in Dallas was wasted, none of those new characters stayed on. They spent two seasons convincing us Sookie is Bill's true love and then now they're going to split them up? Or do they kill him off? I hope not, he's the most interesting character on the show. If the vampire that wants to be more human is gone, what is the basis of the show supposed to be then? Just another vampire show?

September 29, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Kat

NO WAY!!!! Even though the books travel them in different directions – it would be nice to see Bill and Sookie stay together

September 29, 2009 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. prankster

Whatever the writers and cast do it's always original, intelligent, and interesting. Can't wait for season 3!

September 29, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Brianna

well if anyone has read the books then you know that Bill and Sookie do not stay together. So i mean it was onlya matter of time.

September 29, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Catherine

knowing allan ball and the writers behind the magic of true blood, they'll come up with something that will not dissapoint. unlike other authors, charlaine harris knows how to keep her audience satisfied, and i'm sure it'll show in the next season. and i agree, give me more alexander skarsgard!

September 29, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Cinders23

It is hard to predict what Alan Ball will come up with in comparison with the books. Love the Lafayette character, but he wasn't much in the books. Pam wasn't Eric's hairdresser in the books, & look what a hoot that was in the series. Soooo, who knows what will happen? I thought Alcide was a wuss in the books but, again, who knows how Alan Ball will spin his character. I'd love an Eric/Sookie hook-up similar to the books. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out (I can't believe I have to end this sentence this way) next year...

September 29, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  52. JZ

I have to agree with Cristi. Let's see some hot stuff between Eric and Sookie!

September 29, 2009 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  53. George

Everyone loves a happy ending but when it happens, the story is over! I think it's a brilliant move. Create some tension to make us root for them to get together. In the last episode when Bill proposed I thought Sookie would say yes and I thought "boring!". The fact that she said "no" made it iteresting.

Also we need way more Alexander Skarsgård. Rrrrrrrr!

September 29, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Cristi

I totally agree! Bring on Sookie and Eric!

September 29, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Renee

Sure I can't wait to see how they write her relationship with Alcide. Alcide is on of my favorite characters from the book. I hope they cast someone hott, bring on the weres.

September 29, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |