Here's what's going on in the world of entertainment today:
- MTV will air the DJ AM reality series, which was finished prior to his death, as planned, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "Gone Too Far" - which will deal with drug addiction - was originally supposed to premiere on October 5, but that will likely be postponed.
- Coming soon: Movie Star Barbie. That's right, the beloved doll is the latest announced toy to soon hit the big screen, according to Variety. Universal Pictures has struck a deal with Mattel to get started on a script for the feature film.
- The Hollywood Reporter says that one of Simon Cowell's U.K. series, "The X Factor," which recently featured what Cowell called the "best first audition" he had ever heard, may be coming to the U.S. He is reportedly trying to get the show on the Fox network, as part of a deal to return to "American Idol."
- Variety reports that Columbia Pictures wants a sequel to 2007's "Ghost Rider," and they're discussing it with screenwriter David Goyer. The paper reports that Nicolas Cage is expected to reprise the title role.
- DJ Samantha Ronson will play ... a DJ on an upcoming episode of "90210," according to People. Look for Lindsay Lohan's on-again, off-again girlfriend to appear on the November 3 episode.
- "Grey's Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo and husband Chris Ivery welcomed their first child, a daughter, on September 15, People reports. The couple named her Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery. This follows last week's announcement that Katherine Heigl has adopted a daughter.