Here's to the ladies who lunch (to quote Stephen Sondheim)!
Anne Hathaway, Sigourney Weaver, Christina Aguilera, Jamie Lee Curtis, Mad Men's January Jones and Eva Longoria Parker were just a few of the stars who turned out for a "Power of Women" luncheon in Beverly Hills today.
- I had to stifle the urge to call Jamie Lee the "Activia" lady. She's always great on an arrival line–smart, real, passionate and refreshingly candid. She said she didn't give a hoot about fashion and just slips on a black cocktail dress for this kind of event.
- Eva stepped from behind the wheel of a Bentley Continental GTC convertible looking like a million bucks. Or, if you throw in the price of the car, like $1.2 million.
- It wouldn't surprise me if January didn't finish her meal. She's just a wisp of a gal– tipping the scales at maybe 90 lbs. I saw her outside later smoking a cig. That may be her diet secret!
- Sigourney. Wow! Tall, regal and refined, erudite yet approachable. I would follow her into battle.
- Anne. Dressed to the nines (as usual) in what she called a "frock". She laughingly referred to the color of her dress as "moutarde", saying "mustard" didn't sound as elegant. She's an impossible combo– goofy and elegant at the same time. And utterly charming.
- Christina. Can't tell you what she was like. She posed for still photographers, but skipped out on the TV crews! Hope there's a next time!