September 9th, 2009

Jon Gosselin: Ready to rumble

Jon Gosselin was on fire with ABC’s Chris Cuomo last night during the Primetime special, “Family Secrets,” and half the time I didn’t know whose side to believe. No, I am not talking about being on Jon or Kate’s side- I am talking about which side of Jon!

Was it me or did anyone else feel like they were watching two completely different people last night? They had two very distinct personalities- I am going to call them JBK and JAK. You will see why below.

JBK- or Jon before Kate launched her media offensive against him: I saw JBK as a loving, caring father. I wanted to cry when he talked about looking at old pictures of his twins and wondering if maybe he should have hugged and kissed them more. His face actually lit up when speaking about each of his kids; describing their personalities for Chris. I believe that his love for them is genuine. We all watched him care for those children while Kate was away on her book tours and making public appearances- there is no question that he is a devoted father that is worried about how this is affecting them.

Which brings us to the second Jon- because for a guy who is so concerned about his children’s well being, how in the world could he go on television and say some of the things that he said?

JAK- or Jon after Kate's years of verbal abuse. Look, Jon, I get it, you had it rough. She cut you off from your family; she lambasted you in public; she emasculated you in front of America. Enough is enough, it was time for the marriage to be over, clearly it was for the best. Obviously, judging by the vitriol you exhibited in that interview, being married to Kate would NOT HAVE BEEN in the best interest of the children so good for you for getting out. But Jon, Jon, Jon… she is the mother of your EIGHT children. Be careful what you say. I would not go on national television and say things like “I despise that woman” and “I love Hailey more than I ever loved Kate”; that just isn’t right in my book.

I am a little confused over who to cheer for. I have lost sight of who the real Jon Gosselin is- I am not sure that even he knows anymore. So please, will the real Jon please stand up?

« Previous entry
  1. WhatALoser

Jon, Jon, Jon--I hear there's a two-for-one sale at "Gonads-R-US"–go get a pair! Geez! What a weezel! You looked for your first ticket out of the responsibility of 8 kids and now blame Kate as "abusing" you all these years. Please, you little "lame-fish"!!! Don't you think you should have addressed this behavior like uhmmmmmm 10 years ago?? Wow! You really gave this marriage a gallant effort–what? all of 3-4 months counseling? It's always so convenient to say "it's better for the kids". You must be drinking Hailey's bong water-your wacked out sexcapades are all over the internet for posterity. Keep dishing out your mono-tone excuses that you are "moving forward' when you date girls that are old enough to be your younger sister. You really are stupid-to believe what 22 year olds say to you. Of course they think you should be treated better and do what you want--they don't have kids with you and they won't be with you long enough to know how really difficult keeping a marriage together is. I'd have alot more respect for you if you would just admit you dig having the "strange" and want to go back to being a 20 year old Frat. Boy. You could have had a beautiful family and really built a great life together. I feel sorry for you-when the bottom drops out of this new, exciting life that you chose for yourself. Kate +Great , Jon=8Kids+Hate

September 20, 2009 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. jd

both of them has to shut up.

September 10, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Charity

Bottom line, Jon is a class "A" D-bag. Awww, poor baby. There are people who will never know love (if even for just a little while), will never know what it feels like to hold thier freshly-powdered baby up against thier cheek (let alone eight!) or those who wonder where thier next meal will come from. Jon is pathetic. Who gives a crap about his baby mama drama? Also, Jon's need to flaunt not only one, but several, new bedmates in front of the world before he is even officially divorced from his eight children's mother is nauseating. Even if one has no self-respect, for the love of Mike, please have some for your kids!

September 10, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. T. G.

I can understand that it is not easy for Jon to take care of eight children in addition to dealing with an overbearing wife. But he needs to understand that at the end of the day, Kate is the mother of his kids. If they cannot get back together, they should at least show respect for each other for the kids' sake. Whether you are a celebrity or a regular joe, it is not polite for a divorced couple to disrespect each other in public. Not even the Hogans were this controversal!

September 10, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Paula

As far as people saying that Kate is "too concerned with her career, " or "away from home too much"
    Answer this: How the heck else is she going to support 8 kids??
    Child support from Jon?

ROTFLMAO!!

September 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Paula

Kate, you're better off!
    Now you only have to raise 8 children instead of 9.
    Take the high road and don't badmouth Jon in front of the kids the way he did to you!

September 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary T

well said Brittany!! I couldnt have said it better myself!
    " Will the real Jon G please stand up?"

September 10, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Barbara

GREED

September 10, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kelli

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched the show feels that Kate is the better of the two. She is an absolute control freak who showed very little respect for Jon. She also appears to be much more concerned with her career than her children. Good luck to them both – Jon needs to move on/get over it and Kate will have hell to pay when her children are old enough to really voice their resentment for how controlling she is. Her need for control will probably end her relationship with her children too. Sad......

September 10, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Anne

They both need to STOP TALKING TO THE MEDIA, if they care about their kids as much as they say. If they have issues to work out, they should talk to each other. They are just desperate for attention and scrambling to stay relevant- all for the money!

September 10, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. NYLA Princess

This has definitely turned ugly. I feel sorry for the children as they will be able to access all this garbage from their parents on the Net. And I feel that TLC is banking on all this drama. Honestly, I liked them better in their small stuffy house where Jon worked and Kate tended to the kids because at least their families and church fellows helped them out. Now they are isolated in that mansion with all their prizes. The show does not even show the kids as much or what they are learning or doing. I don't want to hear the commentaries of these idiots anymore. Yes, they needed the money to support their kids, but do they have to be so nasty in front of their kids with this? They are beginning to sound like Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler.

September 10, 2009 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. DEE

I think Jon spoke out of anger...I guess he didn't have his people to couch him on how to speak at interviews. Maybe this is his plan to leave TLC's Jon & Kate plus 8 Show. Bottom line, they keep saying I'm doing this for my children...BS! None of this is for the children...if it were you would both know how to handle this situation better. Those children are going to "despise" both their parents for what they have done!!!

Like the others commented...let's get a life and stop talking about these two idiot of parents!!!

September 10, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

Do any of you have a life?

September 10, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tracey

They are both tools.

Please stop talking about them. Maybe they will go away. It worked for Speidi.

September 10, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cat

The one, very important vow I made to myself during my divorce was to never speak poorly of my ex husband.....because he is the father of my son. Your child is the one that takes the blows by angry parents ranting about the other parent.

Jon...you've had some weak moments as of late. Pull yourself together and act like a grownup.

September 10, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jackie in Dallas

I think both Jon and Kate are unfit parents, but now Jon has done what I consider unforgiveable - attacking his former partner on TV where his kids are bound to see it. Both parents are behaving like spoiled children, and totally neglecting what the effects their behavior will have on their children, but Jon has hit a new low.

Isn't it time to drop these people from the public eye, and let them find out that 8 kids require two parents willing to work together? They don't have to be married to parent their children, they just have to forget the publicity stunts, and think of their children first.

September 10, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. Shell

Jon is just showing how immature he really is. So sad. Looser!!

September 10, 2009 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Catherine

OMG I seriously despise Jon now,I can not believe he has gone on national television and say the things he said...he is swimming now because without Kate now he will have to get a job...I am getting so sick of him

September 10, 2009 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. MommaM

In marriages someone has to take control and it isn't always the husband. In this case Kate took control. I have a feeling through editing she seems to be over the top – behind closed doors I don't think he was much of a prize either. If the way he spoke on the interview demonstrates the "boy" she had to deal with then I congratulate her for making certain her family is taken care of. No matter what has happened in the past it is clear that Kate has grown into a mature sophisticated woman – Jon seems to want to be acting like a petulant child who didn't get his way. His accusations against Kate left me wondering – his professed love for a little girl almost 10 years his junior is laughable – it will be interesting to see how long that relationship actually last once she actually matures and sees him for what he is.

September 10, 2009 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  20. LBW

He is a tool.

September 10, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Michelle

Has anyone thought about this? Okay you have a couple that agree to have eight children right. Now everyone looks at Kate as the mean one, (which) might be true. But as I use to watch the show I have come to realize that if I had 8 kids and I have to tell my husband to do something then he has removed himself as an equal and I now have 9 kids that I am taking care. It is easy for him to blame someone else and lay his problem on Kate but until he realizes that he is part of the problem he will never see things clearly. I really think he has a mental illness, and he could be acting this way because didn’t his dad just pass away a couple of years ago. However, all and all I do not feel one bit sorry for him or her. Although she is playing the smarter had, so that leads into how smart is this person. In addition, I cannot believe how SOME people are saying oh that they are glad he got rid of her. I think I glad she got rid of him because when you have eight babies an immature, irresponsible, and crybaby husband makes it hard to raise those kids.

September 10, 2009 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. bm

This guy has no class. He may have every right to feel like he does but he should not go on national TV and say the things he has said. Like it or notKate is the mother of his 8 children and I guarantee that someday they will read or watch his interviews. He is coming off like a petty whiny immature jerk. suck it up, take care of your kids and STOP WHINING.

September 10, 2009 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. Hayley

They best thing my parents did when they divorced was to speak highly of eachother to us and to people around us. My parents raved about eachother and their love for one another because with out their union, the three of us kids would have never came to be. That made their divorce so easy on us and gave us such piece of mind. We eventually learned that they only said that for us but it didn't matter. Jon, you can love Hailey and love Kate. Kate gave you your kids.

September 10, 2009 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  24. MeLinda

Ok, I have always been a fan of the show and have watched it from the beginning. At first it is hard NOT to feel sorry for Jon. Kate can be a bit of a bully, but she has to be! There are 8 children (9, if you count Jon) to take care of and look after. I have dated guys like Jon, you have to tell them exactly what to do and how to do it or they just walk around like a lost puppy. Neither Jon nor Kate is anywhere close to perfection but Jon should have stood up and been the head of his household (sorry feminists). Not only did he act like a child on the show, he is acting like a spoiled teenage boy right now. All the drinking and WAY too young girls he is with.....I am 23 yrs old and I promise you the last man I want to date is a mid-thirties man with a wife (he is not divorced yet) and 8 kids....

September 10, 2009 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  25. Christina S

When Jon & Kate first began their television saga, I too thought Kate was somewhat overbearing & sometimes mean to Jon. By the 2nd season it was obvious who the adult in that relationship was – and it wasn’t Jon. Kate is extremely well organized & structured & with 8 children under 4 yrs old to raise had she been as incompetent as Jon seemed to be, one can only wonder what would have become of those precious children had she not been the one in charge. Does a marriage suffer when children begin coming, absolutely. And it takes 2 mature & commited parents to make it through those difficult years. Perhaps couples’ counseling could have benefited them in the beginning or middle of their marriage, but I doubt it. Jon is a whiner! It’s too bad Kate chose him to be the father of her children – certainly too bad for the children! Whatever opportunities Kate pursues, at least it’s because she is the one continuing to raise their children, while Jon remains in La La Land.

September 10, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  26. fredocorleone

it stopped being jon & kate plus 8 a long time ago...i won't watch it nor read any of the tabloids about them. all of this is going to come back and bite the parents in the behind once their kids realize exactly what has been going on

September 10, 2009 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. Robin

I can't imagine what Jon was thinking doing this interview.
    There are 8 children to consider here who will , in years to come, hear this repeated over and over again. ' I despise Kate, I love my g/f more than I loved Kate'
    Typical responses for someone who is now giving his affection to someone else but not at all appropriate for national tv.
    There is a way to protect your children from all the drama when going through divorce. I know , I've lived it.
    I'm sure things were not perfect in their marriage, no marriage is ever perfect.. The commitment part of this seems to have gone by the wayside , commitment to a marriage , commitment to 8 kids. The early shows of Jon and Kate & eight showed them going to church and they spoke often of God. Unfortunately that seems to have gone by the wayside , being replaced with fame. AT what cost??
    I think they should quit the show. Help their kids get throught his very hard time. Shut up about each other in public. And try to have a working relationship for the sake of their kids.
    And Jon. stop flaunting your 20 yr old g/f no one is impressed.... it makes you look like an idiot , sorry but true ...

September 10, 2009 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. Lorrie

Of course Kate has to do book and speaking tours, who else is going to support these kids. Jon is not working and spending his share from the show faster than he can make it. He says he wants the show over how will he pay for his expensive living conditions and parties. No wonder she had to nag him, he needed someone too push him to do anything. What a slug. What will his kids think of him when they are older and can read the things he has said.

September 10, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  29. Debra R

They have had their 15 minutes of fame and 15 minutes of infamy. Cancel the show, take the kids into protective custosy, make the parents shut up and divorce. Enough! Anyone who wants the hear or see more about this is twisted.

September 10, 2009 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. MR

This guy is despicable...No class...America should despise him....

September 10, 2009 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  31. Chris W

He's just not over Kate. That's the bottom line. And the "ne-ner, ne-ner, ne-ner – I love Hayley more than I loved you" is so childish and hurtful as to not be believed. If he's having such a great time now why does he need to pile on such insults? How is this post-split negative talk helping his relationship with his ex- who he claimed he wanted "to be friends with because of the kids?" Isn't anyone, like a lawyer say, or other trusted friend advising him against such talk? He's certainly not using any common sense.

I used to feel bad for this guy, but what Kate may have had to put up with during their marriage (a whining victim) is finally coming to light. He's certainly no gentleman. If he was, he'd just shut up and move on.

September 9, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MissE

The divorce won't be the one that will leave a permanent scar on the kids. Their whole life so far has been exposed to the public. The parents have put their own personal life as well as their offspring for everyone to judge. They should of insisted on backing out of the show when they started to have problems maybe then they could of had a decent separation and divorce away from the public eye.
    Kate was verbally abusive to him. If she thought he was spineless, then don't have the additional 6 children. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I think Jon had to do what he thought was right for himself as well as his children. He still spends time with them as well as moving on and having his own life. Kate needs to do the same. She's on the road a lot, maybe she'll meet someone that can give her the attention she needs and love the kids. The kids will adjust, divorce happens everyday. You can't shield them forever. You shouldn't lie to them either by still wearing a wedding band, Kate.

September 9, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Amy

He is fooling himself if he doesn't think that the kids that go to school with his kids hear these stories and see the tabloid headlines when they're in the grocery store. Someday someone is going to tell one of his kids, "Your dad hates your mom. He loves his new girlfriend more." Then, will ANY of this have been worth it?

September 9, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Nicki Himmel

I totally agree with the above statement. Also would like to say the following. If we saw Jon working durning his absent from his children instead of going partying all over the world we would have more sympathy for his side. I'm not saying that Kate is perfect,but she is not saying anything as bad as he did on TV last night. If I have eight kids to take care of I would do everthing to insure their future as she has showed all of us. Can any of us have 8 kids and not be as controlling as she has shone in this program .(I THINK NOT) Try putting yourself in her position.

September 9, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Eve

John & Kate plus eight is a reality show....it can't get more real than all that it is going on right now, I mean...this is exactly what million of people go thru when they get divorced. Unfortunately the couple doesn’t realize how horrible all of that is for the kids….They talk about wanting the best interest of their children and what is going on is absolutely not the best thing for those kids. It is so unfortunate that with all the intellect Kate appears to have she doesn’t do something to protect her kids. They sure need to get over their anger and keep their opinion about each other to themselves and get out of the public eye.

September 9, 2009 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Colleen

When Jon & Kate.... first began their television saga, I too thought Kate was somewhat overbearing & sometimes mean to Jon. By the 2nd season it was obvious who the adult in that relationship was – and it wasn't Jon. Kate is extremely well organized & structured & with 8 children under 4 yrs old to raise had she been as incompetent as Jon seemed to be, one can only wonder what would have become of those precious children had she not been the one in charge. Does a marriage suffer when children begin coming, absolutely. And it takes 2 mature & commited parents to make it through those difficult years. Perhaps couples' counseling could have benefited them in the beginning or middle of their marriage, but I doubt it. Jon is a whiner! It's too bad Kate chose him to be the father of her children – certainly too bad for the children! Whatever opportunities Kate pursues, at least it's because she is the one continuing to raise their children, while Jon remains in La La Land. You go, girl!

September 9, 2009 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Danna

when will we stop talking about them??!!! I cannot STAND him.
    He is such a loser. He is so desperately now trying to recapture his 20s and looking like a horse's butt while he does! He is NOT hot, he is not sexy, he is not smart, he is just kind of a nothing who got lucky by having so many kids that he got a show. He is so not a celebrity but treated like one, it is unbelievable.

Kate certainly seems more mature and much better with manners these days. I believe she also craves the spotlight and needs to get out of it and get back to reality. His dumb girlfriend will be a footnote on the butt of this story before we even turnaround. In a year or two we will have forgotten all about them.

Maybe she was not into his family–he said his dad and grandtather were alcoholics? if so, maybe she had good reason to steer clear of them. Who knows. Who cares. They both need to stop talking to the press and just be parents and just quietly move on with their lives.

September 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jon was henpecked

Who cares whether what he says is "right" or not? He's speaking what he feels. And he has a right to. If I had been married to a controlling witch like Kate, I'd have run off with a hot younger girl too. Jon's got nothing to lose anymore. So let him talk.

September 9, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Maria (Toronto, Canada)

Kate is a psycho...thank goodness he left.

September 9, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Kate

Enough is enough. The bitter "he said- she said" drama that plays out in 90% of all divorces is something that occurs on a daily basis all over the wold. Why give either of them the national platform to vent about one another? It only hurts the kids in the long run. I've heard the shows ratings have skyrocketed which is sad. The ratings should have been through the roof during the happier days. Jon and Kate if by some chance you read my comment, please think about how the drama will follow your kids. They will hear all of the tabloid fodder from their peers. Kids are very in tune with the world at a young age. Sure you may think I'm a know nothing non-celeb commoner but just take a pause. Money clearly doesn't buy happiness, so consider stepping out of the spotlight for awhile. There are plenty of hard working families of 8, 9, 10, and 12 kids in this country that survive just fine without a cable tv show.

September 9, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |