August 27th, 2009

'Death saved the best for 3D'

I'm not sure if I believe in fate, premonitions or the character called Death. What I do believe in is the power of a good horror movie franchise - and in that category, "Final Destination" takes home the gold.

In hopes of full disclosure I will admit to you upfront that I am a screamer. I am that annoying movie theater goer who shrieks like a preteen girl, covers her eyes at the mere possibility of someone jumping out of a closet and who yells at the stupid characters onscreen saving their friends: "What are you doing?! Leave 'em behind! Run!"

But in the "Final Destination" movie series, I have found peace with death. Because in these movies, death is always ridiculous. It's always graphic. And it's always hilarious.

Sick, right? But I can't help but laugh when someone gets sliced in three by a flying wire fence. Or gets roasted in a tanning bed. Or (as is apparent from the new movie trailer) drowns in an automatic car wash.

Take a look at "The Final Destination," which was filmed in 3D:

Do you think "The Final Destination" is going to be awesome? Tired of this franchise? Never liked it in the first place? Tell us your comments below.

Filed under: Final Destination • movies

« Previous entry
  1. monkeyisme23

I honestly love the Final Destination movies. Then again I'm very much into horror, bloody, gorey(sp) films. I think you did good and I can't wait to see the last one!

August 27, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. tnt

I LOVE watching all 'Final Destination' movies. My favorite had to be watching the roller coaster at the beginning of FD 3. However, I have a fear of roller coasters and pretty much pictured my death happening in that manner if I ever got on a roller coaster. Can't wait for the release of FD 4!!

August 27, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Deli

I have always loved these movies!! Can't wait to see it in 3D. I jump enough as it is so this should really make me move!

August 27, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Diane Redman

I am really looking forward to seeing this one; all the other ones are also good but, looks like this one will be the best one.

August 27, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Adrian Sanchez

It's good mindless entertainment!

August 27, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Badger

I have always found these movies to be a little bit silly, but always a good time. Must be a morbid fascination wondering how death is going to sneak up and creatively kill the dork or torture that damsel.
    This one looks like a good time and a nice way to go to the movies and just escape for a couple hours-or with Death knocking at your door-do we ever really escape..? PS.Yeah for the 3D !

August 27, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Heather

I think they're all good for a laugh.

August 27, 2009 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |