August 21st, 2009

Lindsay Lohan's dad and the "Housewives"

Part of the danger of starting off the season with lots of battles and wig pulling is that Thursday night’s regular episode of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” came off a little blah.

The show wasn’t at all helped by the fact that it was preceded by the director’s cut of the “Unbeweavable” episode from the week before, which featured the scream-fest between Kim and Sheree.

There were even more taunts and insults between the pair in the director’s cut, and just when you thought that fight couldn’t get any better, Lindsay Lohan’s father Michael showed up in a totally inexplicable moment.

First Jon Gosselin and now Kim? Does Michael Lohan somehow make a living hanging out with reality stars? NeNe was priceless as she yelled “Hey, Mr. Lindsay Lohan’s daddy, you take your ass back to Malibu!”

So by the time we got to the regularly scheduled episode of “Housewives,” it all felt kind of staid: more heartbreak for Kandi as her mother continues to refuse to accept her fiancé, sadness for Lisa about possibly visiting her brother’s grave and outrage for Kim that her nanny left her kids alone to go buy sanitary products.

I found the most entertainment with Dwight and Sheree’s attempt at speed dating. I swear Dwight needs his own spin-off show. The Real Divos of Atlanta perhaps?

Check out Essence for more on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta."

1. Erica

I just recently started watching this season and I love it. I think Kandi is so cool and fly and evertone should stop hatin on her. She's been doing her own thing since Xscape so keep doing your think Kandi!! Your mom will come around soon re:AJ. Keep ya head up!! I also love Lisa, she is a hot married business woman and her husband and her are a team working together and making it happen. Kim is a gold-digger is just crazy. Sheree is cool but I think she trys to control eveything too much. Last but not least, NeNe is crazy ass hell!! I think she hates sometimes but she holds her own and does her thing too. I am a hooked fan now and look forward to every Thursday now!!!

September 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. REALLY

Really???? Kandi does not belong amongst these messy women. They are not a true portrayal of prominent black women. Too much mess, ganging up on the white girl. Does nothing for "our" image! Kandi....in it for the money perhaps? At the end of your contract, take the money and run, run, run. Stay classy before they bring you to their level.

August 27, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Judy

I keep wondering why this show is called "Housewives" of Atlanta. Only a few are actually housewives and the ones that do have children you hardly ever see them doing anything with them or their husbands besides Lisa. I agree with the other comments that state this show is really leaning toward "ghetto" this year. Entertainment purposes aside, let us not forget that these are grown women with children, who act more like children themselves with all this "he said" she said" foolishness! NeNe is the most ghetto out of the bunch and as for Sheree, who open the show saying women are intimidated by her success....what success? You married a man that had money, that's is! What is your real claim to fame? And if you were so successful..why do you depend on getting 6 figures from your divorce settlement to maintain your lifestyle...shouldn't you be able to do that on your own? And finally Kandi..I am all for marrying the person that you love..but seriously marrying a man that has 6 kids and 3 baby mamas??? Why do you think he never married any of them? And do you think that if you were the one with 6 children that he would want to marry you if he were the sucessful one. And by the way...why won't either of you state what it is that he really does for a living if it is legal. You wanted to be on the reality show right? So tell all.

August 24, 2009 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. arch

Why do people lower their values to watch all of these stupid idiotic reality shows!! They are junk and the people in them are junk. They want their 15 minutes and unfortunately these tv companies let them have more! Remember the term, "trailer thrash"? These people and the tv companies are lower than that. It just go to show you that there is not much on the boob tube worth watching except the discovery ch or some good pbs programming. Comm tv is in the dumpster and will stay there as long as they keep putting these crappy reality shows on the air. No originally.

August 23, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pam

this is for sheree karma is a b– the real fake, phony, twofaced,back stabbing trick that you are will come to the light 5432 your time is up

August 23, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. vj

speaking of lisa wha kind of mother is she to loose custody of her kids and marry a man that she hardly knew she has issues

August 23, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tee

sheree is my least favorite she's as fake as the unbeweavable hair on her head kick her to the curb she's useless and very boring

August 23, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nancy

All of these women are trash and talk trash. They should be ashamed to talk like that on TV and in front of their childres. NeNe is an amazon and needs to tone it down. What a bully. There's no interesting story line with their familes like Orange County Housewives. I'v e stopped watching.

August 23, 2009 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. I See The Truth

American Dreamer, you are right on both counts, but you didn't go far enough. The truth is that most people born after 1970 are complete clowns. Watch enough reality tv. These young people behave like they have no home training.

August 23, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. delta

Kim needs to call Dolly Parton for a real wig!! Her hair looks like my Barbie doll's hair (1975) after I washed it - bad!

August 23, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. living in atl

Dwight should not get a show n Kandi should follow her heart... Idk where Kim is getting this money frm... prob her show advances.. she next on the show to loose her home. the only one who really has money is Kandi. Do your thing Kandi!

August 23, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MeMe

NeNe seems very fake this season. She thrives on thinking she is Kim's only friend. She definitely was hating on Kandi. I can't believe she called Kandi ghetto or "hood". Kandi is real and presents herself like a lady. NeNe is definitely the most ghetto one out of the bunch. Lisa was trying to stay out of all the drama last year but it seems she's latched herself unto NeNe and Sheree joining in and creating the drama this season. I have a hard time believing Kim would waste time spreading rumors about Lisa in the first place. Lisa seems fake and stuck up...I think she's working the drama for camera time.

August 23, 2009 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. funny

The funniest part were the cell phone breaks in between the argument at the restaurant in the director's cut....

August 22, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lois

I LOVE Dewight! He seems to be the only one with any real sense on the show. Plus he is just so entertaining. Sheree and Lisa got caught in their lies and now are trying to blame it all on Kim. Sheree talked about NeNe much worse than Kim, but as soon as she falls out with Kim, she rats her out, somehow forgettting what she said about NeNe, and it is on TAPE. NeNe seems to forget it too. These kind of women are nothing but trouble makers. I think Sheree is lying on Kim. Lisa got caught talking about NeNe, so she dumps on Kim too. Women who have money and class do NOT act this way. They need to stop all the teenbopper "she said, he said". "She is telling people all around town"GAWD, stop please! This is such and embarrassment to WOMEN in general.

August 22, 2009 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. JP

Nene shrieking "Wait a minute Mr Lindsay Lohan daddy" made me fall out of my chair laughing. That woman cracks me up. Without her there would be no show.

August 22, 2009 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  16. FanFare

I love NeNe but was was up with "The Claw That Wouldn't Let Go" of Kim's arm during the argument? So bizarre. I wanted to reach through my screen and set Kim free. Even when Kim tried to answer her cell phone, the claw wouldn't release it's vice-like grip, dang!
    Dwight makes the show, he's an absolute riot!! Love his style, candor & humor. I especially loved when he and the armadillo in his pants showed up for speed dating. How appropriate, LOVE HIM!
    Sheree annoys me and seems very self centered. She seems to be focused on image and class. There's nothing real or down to earth about her. She has the voice of a robot, not much inflection.
    Kim replace that god awful wig!. I am willing to donate my own hair so you can have a wig that looks natural, not like doll hair.

August 21, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kayk

Why can't they see Sheree is causing all the drama. have the ladies not looked at the tapes from last year. Sheree was talking about everyone. Kandi has it going on and NeNe should not be calling her names Kandi has more talent in her little toe than NeNe does.

August 21, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. american dreamer

As an African American I wish the African Americans on this show (other than the new one) weren't complete clowns.

Then again all the other (white) Housewives on all the other seasons are complete clowns also.

August 21, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mikel

Hello!!!! KanDy PAY ATTENTION!!!! Your Fianceeeeeeea!! IS USING YOU BOO!!! HEllo did anyone see his face when they were having dinner and she asked him to try to talk to her mother.. You can see that he is scared of even trying to talk to her mom.. WHy? Because , Mothers know when looser come along!!!! Kandy your a cute girl im sure u can find someone else!!

August 21, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lee

Moore you hit the nail right on the head "actors".

August 21, 2009 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Moore

I am sure that all of these "actors" get paid for being on the show. That is why they can maintain the same lifestyle...cause you know Shere and Kim would not do anything for free. I love the show...NeNe and Dewight keep me watching week after week ..and I agree will all of you that "D" deserves to get his talk show or reality show after all of this is over.

August 21, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. RealTV

It realized last night that although I think Sheree and Kim are both a little crazy – that's it's really Sheree who seems to be THE trouble maker – and in need of some medication!! I'm wondering how long until the other housewives figure that out!!

It seems like Sheree was SO HAPPY to be Kim's friend when it looked like she was doing so great with Big Poppa and hanging with her famous friends in the recording studio - but now that NeNe seems to be the real 'break out' star of this series Sheree is all about NeNe, AGAIN. But last season she didn't even include her on her birthday party guest list? Come on. And then her psycho meltdown with the party planner and her out of control fight with Kim. Then they showed her all of a sudden hanging out with a Dwight copycat? She's trying to clone herself into NeNe now.

Sheree's true colors are starting to show now that her divorce is final. She is my least favorite on the show this season – she's making Kim look decent.

August 21, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. I know

OMG – what was in Dwight's leather pants when he showed up for speed dating? I know it was not Dwight!!!!! He put a roll of socks in his pants – I SWEAR!

August 21, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Maria

Kandi needs to listen to mom, nobody will love you more then her and if she feels this guy is bad for you listen.
    Why not wait a bit longer before getting married, postpone the engagement and see if he will wait for you, if he does he might be the right guy. If he pressures you let him go.
    listen you will save yourself some heart ache in the long run. Get a pre-nup!!!!

August 21, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lashun

LOOOOOOVE DWIGHT!!!! This season is very caty.

August 21, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  26. brenda gobert

I think that the story has gone ghetto. Where in the world can you go to a resturant and behave so stupid. I was not a fan of the show when it began, but my friends told me it had gotten classier. BULL What does NeNe's husband do for a living anyway? The story line for the men is horrible. They are protrayed as weak hen pecked husbands. The word is that Shere used to be a man. She looks like one. All the cast looks like they won the lottery and is already broke..I will stick with my Jersery Girls.

August 21, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. shasha

I like this season and I agree with NaeRae about Kandi and Kim. How does Kim keep up her lifestyle between boyfriends (Big Poppa' is most likely still secretly keeping her up)? I like Kandi's mom – not Kandi so much. Kandi's mom is right-on for not wanting her daughter to get married to a man with six children by four different women. Kandi will just end up taking care of all of them. Also, Kandi's daughter does not want Kandi to marry A.J. The two most important people in her life not wanting her to marry A.J. should be a serious hint. ...And Dwight does deserve his own show, although I must say he is the biggest diva of them all. :-) I also wish DeShawn was back; they need to get rid of Kandi. Again, I like the show this season, but the ladies need to know that they cannot trust KIM or LISA. :-(

August 21, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. meesh

LOL! The director's cut was priceless....the best part..."Mr. Lyndsey Lohan's daddy, you don't have nothing to do with this...take your a** back to Malibu!" Hilarious!

The more I look at the show the more Sheree looks like a man in drag.

Love Dwight.....I saw a trailor for his show some months ago...wonder why it hasn't been broadcast yet.....hmmmmm

August 21, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Reminisce

I used to think Kandi was the bees knees when she was in Xscape. What difference a decade makes...LOL!

August 21, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. rhfan

Nene you rock!!! You are the reason I watch the show. Dont change!

August 21, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. NaeRae

Not loving this season. It's too contrived this season, and too over the top. How does Kim sustain her lifestyle when she is between boyfriends? Also, why does she live in a townhouse but drive a Bentley? She can't get a SFH? The very least thing she could do is get an end unit. Kandi's story is dumb. She has no interaction with the other girls (barely), and she's not a housewife. Her mom is awesome by the way to recognize that her man is trash.

August 21, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Merely a writer

Mr. D is a wonderful asset to the storyline, unlike Sheree's divo friend who is beyond words! Just stop it, sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ewww Lawd.
    Why?

No wonder 'She by' is not 'so fly'.

August 21, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. TxLatinSin

I love the real housewives of atlanta i think its quiet entertaining lol i agree that Dwight is fabulous and could actually make a living being the star of his own reality show and if so i wouldnt mind making an appearance lol like NENE says BAM!

August 21, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  34. CECE

I so agree with you that Dewight needs his own reality show.
    I just love Dewight, he is priceless.

August 21, 2009 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |