August 14th, 2009

Pulling and partying on Atlanta 'Housewives'

There was so much utter foolishness on Thursday night's "Real Housewives of Atlanta" that I don't even know where to begin.

From the conclusion of the fight between Sheree and Kim where the latter's wig was tugged, to Dwight's "Wild Kingdom"-themed party and penchant for commenting on women's "melons," I was aghast.

Since Bravo continually hyped Sheree's assault of Kim's blond wig, we all knew that was coming, but what did surprise me was the level of sympathy I felt for Kim. She honestly seemed like she was trying to handle the screaming and cursing match as best she could by hustling out of the restaurant as fast as her heels could carry her.

By following Kim (and threatening to whup her you-know-what), Sheree just seemed like a bully, especially when she tugged on the wig. Any wearer of the fake hair will tell you that is a definite no-no.

Then there was Dwight's party. Known as "the seventh sixth housewife" despite his gender, Dwight brings the flamboyance every time and his soiree more than lived up to his reputation.

There were people made up to look like animals, swings suspended from the ceiling and Dwight insisted that the models hired for the party exude sex, urging one ample-bosomed woman to prop her girls up for better display.

But the kicker was when, by way of an introduction, he grabbed the newest housewife's, Kandi's, breasts and proclaimed them to be nice melons.

Wow.

Can this show get any more outrageous and off the chain?

Essence has more on "Real Housewives of Atlanta."

1. LEX

Love NE NE and Lisa! Starting to get annoyed by Kim! Sharee is not far behind! I hope Candy doesn't get caught up with Kims drama!

August 28, 2009 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. paula

I feek that the show is stupid and ridiculars makes no sense and stupid cat fighting,And Sherre is sooooooooo ugly and thinks she is cute .

August 23, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nishelle

While I do understand that these women on the show are making money, I would like to see them act their age and Nene to tone down the makeup. All of the gossip and bickering is really astounding. Also Nene you are a beautiful woman all that makeup is not needed ALL the time.

August 22, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jerry

Well first of all you can sit and call the (Atlanta Housewives) pure trash or whatever bad names you wish!... The truth of the matter is we are on this site discussing their lives & they are laughing all the way to the BANK!!... so ask yourselves a question who's the smart one? .... Oh yes my golly I think you've got it right !..they are..... Personally the NewJersey Housewives are much more violent & outrageous than any Housewives ever! I guess you forgot they have mob connections just to name a few things & people ordering hits on a fellow housewife! so please....... don't give me all that bull that Atlanta housewives are not up to standard. Could it be the color in their skin that allows you to feel outraged & so judgemental ?????? Let's all say it together............ GET A LIFE!!....

August 20, 2009 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. spellchecker

Anyone ever figure out how AMAZING spell check is? You guys should give it a try. You might actually sound smarter.

August 17, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Harriet from Kansas City

I can agree that as an African American woman, I don't know where to start with how disgusted my family is with the show. All the "Real Housewives" shows are staged and utterly unbelievable with "faux" rich people pretending to be the upper echelon of society while they can barely pay their bills (let alone conduct themselves with any class or decorum).

But the Atlanta version is embarrassing. There aren't enough positive images of our people in the media. So we have to trash it up with this mess?

Bravo hit a new low and we've long since switched channels.

August 17, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Phillip C. Hayes

Must be a slow news day. With all the Rethuglicans in a tizzy over Pres. Obama trying to give the nation health care, who cares about these 5 morons?

August 17, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. kgordon

the show needs to be cancelled because it do not make sense and what is the show point of view. they need to replace with the tv show the game at least that show was intereting and not just bitchez fighting r bullying someone.

August 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Vee

Kim – Tone the language down and stay away from Sheree
    Sheree – Who told you you had class – remove the "cl" and there you are
    NeNe – put the glass down and do something besides sweeping the hair from your face
    Lisa – you are not about that
    Khandi – Hang in there

August 15, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. June

The show is great! It is purely for entertainment purposes only! Nene is the bomb and Kim is a sweetheart. All of the Real Houswife Shows have catty moments. The only difference is these women will tell you how they feel to your face where all the other shows the women just talk smack behind the backs of the others. Here's the deal, if you do not like it do not watch it. Bottom line.

August 15, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tahanee

I agree with many of you. I began watching to see how people with money lived. I was especially interested because there were african americans included in this one. Although I know in real life we have to deal with a variety of issues and those may be displayed at times to keep things real, my biggest disappointment is that these women spend their TV time acting like young children. Sheree is always claiming to be the "Lady" but her behavior does not display that. You can stand up for yourself but have some class. Kim did the right thing by leaving she actually showed the most intelligence of them all & I have respect for her. NeNe I thought was the most "street smart" but I'm disappointed- her husband tried to tell her and she is easily duped. Lisa keeps things going also, I thought at first she was more business-like but she is involving herself in gossip. I think Kandi is the more interesting. Too bad they can't mix the kiddie stuff up with some real issues. Last season – they were trying to raise money for battered women, making real estate deals etc- what happened to all of that? Looks like this season is all about "Me", gossip, talking behind each others back, pulling hair, "she said and you know you said"... There is so much too do out here and so many ways to help others but I guess I thought this would be about how the women in Atlanta are helping to make things better for themselves and others but this IS "real housewives of Atlanta" –there are women out there like this!

August 14, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Queen 822

Do any of these house wifes make their own money?

Why is Sheree still working on a clothing line? She had a fashion show last year with no clothes to show. I would never buy her clothes. Where is she getting the money from to start her line? She sure isn't getting it from her ex hubbby.

Lisa says she wants people all over to wear her clothes, yet she says the prices should start at $300 and below. What planet is she living on? Is she not aware of the economy? Nobody wants to buy clothing for $300 in this economy especially from a real house wife chick.

Nene and Kim need to call it a quits. The friendship is over!!!

Anybody ever wonder what type of people were turned down for the show when the show was in the works? I'm sure they had actual WORKING women put in to do the show. Why were only wifes of athletes chosen? Thanks a lot Atlanta house wifes....now us black women have to work even harder to show and prove to the world we can make our own money and we don't need to marry it.

To all Black women or any woman working hard and making your own money, just keep doing what your doing. Maybe the next show will be "The real hard working women of Atlanta" or any other city.

August 14, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jamie

I thought it was funny and entertaining! If you guys don't like it then don't watch it....See even people with "money" act like regular people without money. Stop being haters!!!

August 14, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BeBe

Now, we all know this is entertainment! Stop the whining about it representing black women. Because it doesn't. Sheree is nuts, she knows she could not have pulled a sistas hair like that & have gotten away with it. I think Sheree is a self-centered, egotistical liar. Seizing every opportunity to knock someone down and stand on their back to make herself appear taller. I beleive the girl is a liar also. NeNe is NeNe, what you see is what you get.

I really felt sorry for Kim. Why she would wants to subject herself to such I have to wonder. Lisa & Kandi are great, except Kandi needs to wake up. Girl, you don't need a man with 6 children & 4 baby mamas. You deserve better. What is wrong with you?

BRAVO: good show, but take take the violence out. We have a lot of young, young women watching the show who would think public outburst & hair pulling is the new in thing! Now, we don't want to send that message. Do we?

For the NAYSAYERS: Just stop watching the show & chill...

August 14, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Shell

Love it! Very entertaining :)

August 14, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Phyl

MiisM: maybe I should have said classier. At least I have never seen an episode of RHNY, that had to bleep out 90% of a conversation, or had a man grab a woman's "girls", or try & pull, er excuse me, adjust another woman's wig, or talk about what happens at a fertility clinic involving the husband, or had the "girls" hanging out. Yes there is pettiness on the RHWNY, but again, they have jobs, charities, etc. You're right it isn't classy to ask where someone gets their money from, but I was just wondering, given that neither NeNe, Kim, Shree, or even Lisa have a full time stable job. Khandi may have a siging career, but who knows.
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend you sophisticated sense of class.

August 14, 2009 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lindsay

It's like an awful car wreck that you can't help looking at. All of these women have no real direction or purpose ~ except indulgence. I may have a lot less $$$ ~ but I'm rich with common sense. Bravo: If this show is truly scripted...then the writers must be comedic. It's just one spoof after another.....much like RHWNJ.

August 14, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Keish

If you dont like it then why are you watching it? Its apparent you do thats why you know the characters and so much about it. Such hypocrites! All reality shows are the same including the Housewives where the cast is all white. Oh and Kandy does have her own money and house..so get the facts and Lisa is trying to do her own thing as well.

August 14, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. aj

Oh quit your whining, if you dont enjoy this show ..dont watch it. It seems the ones here that are trashing it ,, know it to a tee so that means your sitting home watching it too! It's entertaining! Haters!

August 14, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lois

We're circling the drain! The entire world is looking through the window of our country to watch our madness of uncivility from flava-flava...Whitney and Bobby...Jon & Kate...the Housewives from Atlanta to Jersey and the list goes on. We're a proud people so where is our pride? We are inventors, pioneers in medicine, technology and the arts so why are we parading these attention driven whores to our global neighbors? Because we watch, these embarrassing people are getting paid for their nonsense. Bush may have jeopardized our friendships with other country but he had plenty of help with the likes of the reality show frenzy! Let get the writers back to work and hopeful get some quality programming digitally piped into our idiot boxes!

August 14, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Samantha Austin

IF you don't like the show don't watch it..... stupid. Change the channel don't even turn your tv on to the BRAVO station is that hard to do America.

August 14, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. NeNe (II)

Everyone needs to let it go. I love the show, I do have to say NJ was my favorite but I still enjoy watching it. If people don't like it change the channel. It's fun to watch and have your favorite character and the one you hate. Just enjoy the show and and life :)

August 14, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Atlanta Lady

I am a white female in Atlanta. I love the show, partly because I get to see new digs in and around town that I've not been to and partly because it takes me away from the stress filled work for a minute or two. I don't really think poorly of any of the ladies (regardless of race). They have moments when they loose their cool or say the wrong thing or anything else that would happen in anyone's life if they had a camera on them 24 x 7. NeNe always make me smile. I'd love to have a glass of wine with NeNe! By the way, all the hype, positive AND negative helps ratings, so if you don't like the show, you probably should not post negatively either. It is all helping the show! :D

August 14, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sasha

Ghetto...but love watching it!!

August 14, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. alaskamama

What happened to the days when BRAVO was about the arts and class. The whole "housewife" series is a sham. None of them could manage a household if their lives depended on it. It is disgusting and debasing. I won't even watch BRAVO anymore.

August 14, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mrs t

I for one just have to say that I love "The Housewives of Atlanta". I'm always ready to see what is going to happen on the next show. I do agree that I don't see how any of the women made it on the show considering the only housewives are Nene and Lisa. Everyone else is divorced or sleeping with married men. But you have to admit it is a very funny and entertaining show to watch.

August 14, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LBW

Trashy women that bagged rich trashy men.

August 14, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Trever

Welcome to Atlanta where a plethera of AA females make themselves out to be more than they are. Not all are the same but there is a definite presence of wanna-be Beyonce's. BRAVO hit it right on the head with this one!! True colors have come out.

August 14, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tupu

I think you should consider a show with the Countess- LuAnn de Lesseps from Real Housewives of NY to give these ladies a class on ettiquette and some serious class. That would be a great show, I could just see it now...Its pure entertainment for me, so keep it coming Bravo!!

August 14, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Cindy

This show is a pathetic display of what a lack of class combined with
    too much attention and money (real or not) looks like. It proves the old adage: "You can take the pig out of the mud but you can't take the mud out of the pig". Ironically the majority of the women are not even "housewives" (and we can see why).. Even though Kim is not blameless nor the brightest bulb on the chandelier, she's certainly handling the immature nastiness better than her cast mates. She certainly seems to give the others a reason for living since their only purpose in life seems to be creating problems for her. At this rate, there will come a point when even the viewers who thrive on the lowest levels of others lives will get tired of watching silly middle-aged women acting like nasty little highschoolers. As for me( and some of my friends) I'm checking out. There has to be something better to do on Thursdays nights.

August 14, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jennifer

I too live in Atlanta. This show should be called HIGH DRAMA EX-HOUSEWIVES. While I have only watched the disgrace of a show called Real Housewives of Atlanta a couple of times (kind of like watching a train wreck), I do know they do not reflect the old money, class, or sophistication of those who would be a better representation of Atlanta housewives (more worthy of a tv show). The women more fitting happen to have more class and money than to do a reality show based on scripted drama. When will the 15 minutes be up????

August 14, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Luna

If any of these women were my mother, I would be so ashamed. I watched the show last night for the first time and was shocked at the level of childish activity. Lord help their children grow up to be better then their mothers.

August 14, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. SP

I love NeNe!!!!! Hallelu-yur!!!

August 14, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ARA

This is too funny! You have these so call "sophisticated ladies" behaving like hood rat. You can take the girl out the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the .....

August 14, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. JEFF

I think its an insult to african american women the way they are potrayed by this show, NeNe,sheree, Lisa, I mean how GHetto can you get with the threats of violence, atleast kim did the right thing for getting up and leaving instead of yelling and messing up everyones elses dinner in the place, sheree showed her true colors if you ask me and while i use to like NeNe the most, she has proven she will play both sides of the coin, Kim acts like a dumb blonde and should sell her bentley and save the money, Big PAPA is with his wife and is being a good boy for now since she threatened to divorce, it appears he didnt want to part with 1/2 of everything....
    Atlanta is too ghetto, get some class girls, all of ya....

August 14, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  36. David

All I can say about last night is "wow." NeNe is getting on my nerves trying to fit in with Kim one second and then Sheree the next. It is totally obvious that Sheree is the one starting all this drama. She exudes drama and her personality turns people off. I hope Kim has enough sense to remove herself from all their back-and-forth drama. The only normal person that seems to have some level of respect for herself this season is definitely Kandi. Lisa is a go-getter but something about her seems shady. I will be tuning in to get my laughs for the rest of this season. This show is a lesson of not what to get yourself into in regards to friends.

August 14, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Danette

This is what a show does for ratings? Exploit women of color with
    pure negativity. Read a book for entertainment!

August 14, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Erin

I find it funny that so many people are commenting on how horrible the show is, how the women on the show are so awful to each other (which IS true) and how Bravo should pull the show off the air ...

And yet, almost every single comment is full of details about how the women act toward each other. Obviously, someone's watching. A lot of someones at that!

Let's face it folks ... Yes, these women are awful to each other and yes, it probably DOES enforce stereotypes we don't necessarily want enforced. BUT WE ARE WATCHING IT ANYWAY. Does that really make any of us superior to the women we're watching?

It's fluff. It's entertainment. It's a trainwreck, which is why we watch. It's basically Jerry Springer-level stuff, but people are watching this and all of those other reality TV shows out there .. if we weren't watching, there wouldn't be so many of them!

August 14, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Rob

Only real idiots watch "Real Housewives" and other "Reality TV"

August 14, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. what 74

You all are complain about the show THAT IT SUCK, but week after week you all are still watching. JUST STOP WATCHING THE SHOW.

August 14, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  41. J. Sommeral

Having not watched this somewhat questionable show on the BRAVO Network I am spared the distress that I am sure to have felt in seeing money used in such a self centered, selfish way. From the comments I have seen good manners, fair and reasonable attitudes and treating others as you would like to be treated appear to be a foreign concept to those 'employed' on this show. Not only will I NOT watch this show but I will also FAIL TO SEE any of the commercials that the advertisers have paid BRAVO to air. Thus none of the products will be purchased. A fundemental consequence of airing trash and one I encourage others to pursue who share similar feelings.

August 14, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Toni Everett

I have to admit that I watch this show, haven't missed a episode yet,
    But if these are the REAL housewives of Atlanta I'd sure hate to see how the FAKE one's act.

August 14, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  43. DigDug

People, chill. The housewives shows (like virtually all reality shows) are all staged by BRAVO and the producers. The 'drama' is not real. It is planned. Coached. Practiced (they often do several 'takes' of the fights/spats). The more the ladies ham it up, the higher the ratings and the more they get paid.

Think of it as nothing more than a variationof "World Wide Wrestling."

August 14, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  44. LEORIA MCLEAN

FEED THE HUNGRY, MENTOR YOUNG WOMEN.STOP THE MADNESS, SO MANY ARE WATCHING YOU WORLD-WIDE , ALL AFRICAN- AMERICAN ,ARE NOT ,NOR ,WILL EVER BE! WHAT IS PROTRAYED ON ATLANTA'S HOUSE-WIFES. YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG!! IT'S STILL A PIG. SIGNED A CONCERNED SISTA!!!!.

August 14, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Lisa

I love love love this show.

August 14, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  46. DEbbie

None of the "Housewife" shows show the life of a true housewife. Real Wives and Mothers don't have money to throw away, they don't have time to lunch and shop. They have families and homes to take care of; I've yet to see any of these "Housewives" clean, cook, take care of their families or husbands. It's all about them, real housewives are givers, caretakers, not takers and rude ugly nasty people. Not one of the Housewife shows has any class, not amount of money can buy it, you're either born with it or not; and all these woman are not. They only exception is Britney in New York, she's a lady, but them she's not a housewife either. Would be nice to watch some "real" people for a change and see how they make a real difference in people lives.

August 14, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Berry

Conversation with my 15 yr. old. Who is an up and coming Black Man, who stated that he wants to date white women or hispanic. Why?? He thinks that black women are crazy, and this show proves it!!! Being a black woman myself, this was disheartening to hear, but understandable. I've been single and celibit for 10 yrs. (by choice). I just pray that this show gets better examples of black women so my son will choose wisely!!!! I know it is a challange being black in America (really it is), but I think half the time the challenge is on us how we treat each other!! Come on sister & brothers, wake up! One more thing, the Asians & Hispanics are laughing at us!

August 14, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Anne

Speaking of RHW New Jersey, I worked with Dina (yes, she worked before she got married the first time and had Lexi) back in the mid-90s. These women (I can say from experience) are ALL petty, ridiculous and are not worth the time of day. No, I do not watch the shows, but I have seen at least one episode of each when my daughter decided she would watch. She no longer watches either because she said it is not worth the stupid drama of unreal characters. These are not REAL women, people. Don't kid yourself. No REAL woman (Kate included) would put their children and their families through this circus for a buck. What a ridiculous waste of time. I feel pity for every one of these so-called women. How sad to be that desperate for attention...

August 14, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  49. didi

am not sure what this so called show is good for . why do we not get real housewives of atlanta , actual housewives with real lives actually have something to show for represent women positively , i hope no children are watching this show .

August 14, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Miss M

Phyl, "...the RHWNY have...class?" Really?

Was it classy for one of the RHWNY to cause a scene and storm out of a fashion show because someone else was seated in a row in front of her? Is it classy to repeatedly call someone's sexual preference into question in a condescending manner (let alone at *all*)? Is it classy to rip on someone to a gossip columnist?

If the examples above are what you call class, I would suggest you consult a dictionary.

As to where folks get their money, it's no one's business. Someone with class would never ask such a question.

August 14, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Ray

You can expect some serious drama this season. DeShawn Snow was the only one last season that did not act like a fool and the show gave her the boot. Message being sent is bring the drama or be fired.

August 14, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  52. LONI

I love the show! It is hilarious. No most housewives do not live or act like some of these but there lives are a bit different do to their finances. Like some of the other HW shows the ladies married UP, with successful spouses and nothing but time on their hands and that's what you get, caddy cat fights and a bunch of foolery which I find funny as all get out. I'm not watching the show for nothing else but to laugh; after working hard all day, coming home cooking, cleaning and taking care of everyone else, I deserve to relax have a glass of wine and watch something completely blank, senseless, futile, obtuse, asinine, I could go on you get the point, but is funny as hell.!!!! NeNe is my favorite, I can relate to her she reminds me of myself in the way that she speaks her mind and will tell you where to get of the bus "Boo-boo" and she tries to keep it as real as she can get it. Like she said to Kim she was "down like two flat tires"! See just hilarious!!!

August 14, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Nikki

Haters

August 14, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Stephen

don't you all get it? these "real housewives" shows are completely satyrical...ie. they shine a mirror on shallow, ego-centric, self-serving, petty attitudes toward life. These women actually think they are stars and worthy of fame and fortune simply because of their personalities. They don't understand that they are being made fun of, that the nation of viewers is collectively laughing at them with each successive show. why? because they have been seduced by money and fame. In all of these shows, there are wealthy women caught between their obsessive need to expand their wealth and what they think they should be seen as doing to help others, and women who are struggling with finances yet obsessed with keeping up with their wealthier peers. They all breathe their own fumes. It's one big joke on them and those of us who act like them.

August 14, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Murf

Dan in Colorado August 14th, 2009 11:04 am ET

This nonsense is newsworthy?

======================================================

AMEN DAN!!!

August 14, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Peggy

These women are giving black women a bad name. Shree, Nenee and Lisa..you should be ashamed.

August 14, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Joy

It's entertainment people!! Nothing else can be derived from it. We all watch it to see just how bizarre the next episode will be.

August 14, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Deanna

Doesn't Sheree get into a lot of arguments with people on this show? Get over yourself girl, you are not that special! You are not a queen or a princess, just a bitter, old hag that is grabbing onto your 15 minutes of fame. You are disrespecting yourself and your children. I am sure their friends watch the show and see your behavior! Grow up!

August 14, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Linda Boutot

I use to like this show but it has gotten to be more like Jerry Springer. I think it damages the perception of who they are as people. I know a great many poor people who have better character and class.

August 14, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jane N. Brown

I have not watched the show and reading the comments, I "won't"...

August 14, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Greg

Bunch of over privledged airheads. Why would anyone waste time watching any of these concocted shows?

August 14, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mclise

None of these housewives deserves bragging rights. Sheree has to downsize since her house is in foreclosure but all she does is spend, spend, spend on herself. Where is her money coming from? NeNe is insulted because she was called fat, well honey you are fat, deal with it! Kim broke up with big poppa, where is her money coming from. She is definatly the drama queen of all of them. There is nothing real about her. I do like Lisa and Kandi, they are mothers, business women and seem to rise above all the other nonsence on this show. Get a few more women like these and you may have a "Real Houswives of Atlanta" show not this peice of garbage.

August 14, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Paula

Marthe – I am originally from NJ, and ashamed of the NJ housewives. Makes us all look like cheap hoolums wives. Nothing real about them.

August 14, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Fan

Out of all the housewives, I think Kandi is my favorite. At least we know that she is working whether it be singing or writing songs. The other ladies are pure trashy!!!

August 14, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. shirley

The women of The Real Housewives of Atlanta truely do a disservice to women everywhere, especially the black women!! If it wasn't for the apparent age on your faces, one would be hard pressed to distinguish you from the same set of bullies and catfighters from high school!!! You don't even have a decent conversation to offer when the camera is on you. This show has such shallow moments with no subject matter that they aren't even worthy of tv time!!!! Girls, if you must be on tv, at least represent with some REAL class and sophistication!!!! Simply having a "loaded" man in your life does not make you sophisticated nor classy!!!!!
    P.S. Sheree is not to be trusted...

August 14, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  66. T. Poole

People this is just entertainment. I cannot stress this enough. You all obviously watch this show or you would not have clicked on the headline as I did.

As a professional black woman from the south, I find the show entertaining. Do you even notice these women reading lines at certain points in the show????

You all will keep watching the show as I do.

August 14, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Marsha Swopes

I lived in Atlanta for a short time and I know there are more successful candidates that the show could have seleced. Please do not put black women out there like that. Show our better qualities. It is a shame. I felt sorry for Kim too, it made the black women look like a pack of bullies. I will stop watching the show if they don't change the script. There is hope for NeNe and Sheree is my least favorite, what a BIG disappointment, she is not representing Atlanta well.

August 14, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Wally

I know that this is all done under the banner of "entertainment". But some people actually think it is OK to act this way. Put it on T.V. and it becomes "aspirational". Our nation has too many stupid people as it is; shows like this one say "it's OK to be dumb and self centered".

Give us shows that make people smarter and aspire to self improvement – Next "trailer trash housewives"

August 14, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  69. renae

this show is turly trash an a disgrace to black women not all black women carrie themselves in such a manner i am ashamed for them
    and you have young teenages and ladies watching this show it needs to be off the air. it hurt my heart to know that money will make women of color disrespect themselves and their familes in such a way.

August 14, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Missy

K. we all know women who somewhat like these women.I say Women because they are not true ladies.But I do not find them true representives of Atlanta,This could make people think that most women in ATL are like this and that is not the case,Are most are hard working and self respecting.I dont believe any of them really know what an hard days work really is.And to think they are all Moms who are molding their children to be just like them.Good Luck Kids is all I have to say.

August 14, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  71. GMGanaway, Houston

I find this show hilarious – yes, I feel bad for Kim – but it is funny. I am a black woman who cares less about how these women make themselves look so foolish. It is not a reflection of me, regardless as to how people want to say it is. I have class and a high degree of dignity and those around me know that and that's all that matters. The show was meant to captivate audiences – at whatever level they can find acceptance. It's entertainment and it's keeping them on the air, which is their goal at the end of the day.

Get over it black women, if the world wants to sample these partially scripted lives and derive from that that "we" are all this way, I think it's better than the barefoot, welfare, baby-daddy locked up for selling drugs, neck rolling, finger popping, colorful hairdoo stereotypes that have dominated US assumptions for far to long. At least they live in somebody's house, rather than the projects. BRAVO BRAVO – this is comedy and I'm going to keep watching these tacky homegirls for as long as you keep them on the air!

August 14, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. dashawna

The fight last night between Sheree & Kim was halarious. NeNe could have stopped it but she wanted to know the truth. I think Sheree is lying, she said some of those things & now shes trying to blame it on Kim. Whatever Sheree!!!

Kandi needs to step it up, shes too slow. She'll be gone next season with her broke ass fiance. NeNe is my girl! She cant do no wrong! Lisa has her days, sometimes shes cool & sometimes she annoyces me. but i know she better not have anymore babies until her husband gets signed to another football team....

August 14, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Day

Wow...how old are these females, 14 ? I was totally embarrassed as an AA woman to watch Sheree (who clearly has a inferiority complex, and was embarrassed that Kim out classed her by walking away) chase after Kim after, mind you, calling her trailer trash. How do you go from BFF last season, to trailer trash in less time than it takes to eat a crouton?

It would be nice if just one of these self indulging "reality shows" would embrace a theme based on competitive "Giving". I would love to see these women use their time constructively but competitively. Then when conflicts would arise, I'd care.

August 14, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Rondelle

This show is an embarrassment to most Black Women.I am a Black Woman with class and I have never or will I ever act the way Sheree and Nene acts. This is another way to degrade Black women.Come on BRAVO,could you not find real housewives with no drama? Oh yeah you did,but you got rid of her though.I am so sick of Black women feeling the need to degrade themselves to make chump change, and you wonder why the brothers leave us and go the arms of white women.Come on sisters,wake up and look up,if you have no role models of a classy black woman in your life,I ask you to look at the beautiful woman who resides in the White House.Now,that is class,and a prime example of how we as women should carry ourselves.

August 14, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Natasha

I wonder why people have an issue with the Real Housewives of Atlanta, yet fawn all over Jon & Kate........makes you wonder, doesn't it? All reality shows are bizarre, but at least these ladies are NOT pimping out their children!

August 14, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  76. VickiJo

Who cares? The show is hilarious. I think it is funny to show and prove that having money doesn't mean you have class or sense for that matter.

I'm a black woman, I'm not offended. Regardless of race, there are women who act a fool of all ages and colors. These women just happen to be on TV and happen to be black and happen to act a fool. THey don't represent me and when did tv represent who you are as a person? Seek some help.

People are going to look at you for you, not how the housewives are potrayed.

August 14, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  77. sotxbudd00

I couldn't have agreed more with all of you. The show last night pretty much sealed the deal for me in that I will no longer watch it. I think Bravo has done a pretty good job of finding the right housewives for these show except for Atlanta. They should have done a better job. I think we should all just say no to the Atlanta group.

August 14, 2009 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  78. Brenda

For Marthe Davis, how they let themselves be portrayed!!!!!! They are portray themselves that way. Perhaps the New York and New Jersey just aren't so ridiculously high school and spitful so they just don't come off that way. Don't blame the show, trying holding the supposed "ladies" accountable for their horrible actions.

August 14, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  79. Sharon Mendoza-Gardner

Trash...Trash....Trash...Shame on You BRAVQ

August 14, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  80. KJM

RHOA was a total disgrace!! Last night was likely my last time watching. As I watched I wondered what do these women (and I use the term loosely) do for a living because pretending like you're classy and rich does not pay the bills. Serioiusly, what does Kim, NeNe and Sheree do for a living? I wonder if Sheree ever considers her children when she's acting a fool. I actually felt a little sorry for Kim and Kim should have followed her instinct and said to hell with them. There is no way I would ever have friends like them. If you have to try that hard to maintain a true friendship maybe it's not that genuine. My biggest turnoff was NeNe. She is such a no-class, ghetto wannabe!! She tries to come off like she's so upper class but she's ignorant. She was the main instigator between Kim and Sheree. The moment NeNe told Kim that they were doing and "intervention" Kim should have walked away. Before long the show will be banned from filming in public places. As for Dwight, had I met him for the first time and he grabbed my breast, I would have slapped him STRAIGHT (literally). I do like Lisa and Candy. Lisa's husband is such a sweetie and I'm glad that Lisa skipped an event to be with her children like a normal woman. I bet Candy is wondering what she got herself into. This train wreck crashed and burned last night. This is so NOT a positive portrayal for AA women.

August 14, 2009 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  81. buckwoman

Sheree has no class at all; I truly felt sorry for Kim. Sophisticated and Sheree don't even belong in the same sentence! Bravo needs to get rid of this show...

August 14, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  82. the dish

Makes one forget about healthcare reform.

August 14, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  83. alex barnes

BRAVO please take this stuff off the air and people stop watching it. It's disgusting. These people have no class, no breeding, just money. It is sick. Read a novel!

August 14, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  84. Cristina

Sorry, but I've had to turn this programming off! Shame on Bravo for turning their only show featuring black women into nothing short of mud wrestling in big houses!!! These ladies need to stop filming and start promoting some positivity for black women everywhere! As a black wife myself, I'm ashamed that they have chosen to degrade themselves rather than taking advantage of the opportunity to be role models. I'm ashamed at Bravo for kicking DeShawn off the show, too! I won't watch anymore...

August 14, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  85. SOT

Dwight is the 6th housewife. If you are going to write an article please know all the information. Just like most people in this country you were in need of a paycheck so you decided to write this article. Too bad you decided to it slap together.

I love the real housewives of Atlanta! I look forward to de-stressing with my girls every week. Its entertainment!

To those of you who hate the show so much stop watching it. These shows are a window into someone else's world. If you dont like it, close the shades.

August 14, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  86. Margarite

First of all, what makes these women "housewives"? Some of them don't work, others have what they have because of their husbands and because of their divorce deals. The show should be about REAL housewives, those who get up every morning to go to work, come back home to feed and take of their family, pay bills, and ocassionally goes out with friends. None of that Million dollars mansions, and diamonds, and I'm going to start a business with my ex husband's money or celebrity friend who can hook a sister up.

August 14, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  87. Down to Earth So Cal Housewife

I believe this show is exactly that, A SHOW....these women, with the exception of Lisa, have no class. Money does not make you a class act! They need to take some of their NON-Earned money and seek out counceling, etiquette classes and possible a charity group they could work with to find their much-needed "common folk" inside.

August 14, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  88. Hal Doby

This show not only degrades the people who eagerly auditioned to be in it, but it also demeans and degrades the City of Atlanta itself. I think Bravo should be ashamed of this franchise as it exploits the stereotypical types of behavior that is expected from each region each of the 4 franchised shows (Orange County, New York City, New Jersey, and Atlanta) come from. It seems they seek out the worst of the worst to be on the show.

I refuse to watch any of it. The millisecond it comes on my TVs, the channel is changed.

August 14, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  89. Tune In to Life!

Hey Ladies, why not turn off the television and take a class, or read, or do something?! I haven't watched television for months – I just click on CNN.com and my local news website to catch up with the news, that's it. If you keep watching this mind-numbing garbage, your brain might start leaking out of your ears! TURN OFF THE TELEVISION AND TUNE IN TO LIFE!!!!

August 14, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  90. Luna Bay

I watched it last year becasue it was funny to see these stupid bi-otches. Now it is just plane ignorant and doesn't serve the black community or the Atlanta area in a good light. NY, and OC housewives have much more depth and although they get sideways too, at least they show that they have a livelihood. The gals from Atlanta just drink, gossip and pretend they are wealthy and doing something with their lives. It seems like Sheree, Lisa and Kim are all a one bad decision away from being broke. They only reinforce a stereotype.

August 14, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  91. Scott,L

A black episode of Desperate Housewives

August 14, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  92. ms. september

oh come on, all of the real housewive shows are the same and it all started in Orange County, where the same caddy acts were portrayed on tv. Don't call out ATL if you are not going to call out the MOB CHICK and the TABLE TOSSER of NEW JERSEY who consistently talked about her Bubbies and shopped. If you don't like it then don't watch it. If you do watch it then shut up and enjoy the reality-scripted tv.

August 14, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  93. south crack

i like the show

August 14, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  94. Doug

I don't understand the attention people give to reality shows like this. 30,000 children die daily from malnutrition and from preventable diseases. There are over 144 million orphans worldwide, each with a story that is more interesting and more newsworthy than the hype generated by housewives, realworld people, or any of the other dozen reality shows dominating television. If people really want reality... let's give it to them and maybe they'll make a difference rather than be entertained by people whose lives are spinning out of control.

August 14, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  95. jan

I should let you in on something. The fright was all in the plan for the show. The writers that write for this show stage this. All because it says reality show, its not. So if you like to watch the show, just remember they have writers.

August 14, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  96. carol

i could already tell from the commercials that show was going to be nothing but trash. i mean, considering...

August 14, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  97. KM

This show is absolutely disgusting. It should be called Trailer Trash of Atlanta. I lived in Atlanta and NEVER met anybody like these "people".

August 14, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  98. Debbie

Sheree is the silliest, most petty housewife of all of them. What kind of mother behaves that way? Its no wonder she's divorced. What man would want her? Her personality turns everyone off. She is the least representative of a black woman and the producers of this show really should have searched for a better candidate to portray "real housewives of Atlanta." By the way, she's not even a "wife." Neither is Kim, but she came off the better person during this episode.

August 14, 2009 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  99. Lo

these 'ladies' all spout off about how classy they are but this show does everything to make the old saying 'money doesn't buy class' ring so true! Classy ladies DO NOT gossip!! And Sheree...she called Kim trailer trash?? Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me! Anything to hog all the camera time, huh girl???

August 14, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  100. Marthe Davis

As a black women and housewife I do not like how they portray these housewives. This is an INSULT to put it mildly. How can you allow yourself to be portrayed in this INSULTING matter. As of now I have stop watching show and I will not come back. The New York, and New Jersey housewives are portrayed that, why ATLANTA.

August 14, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  101. IDK

Oh come on....................this show is beyond even calling it a show.
    These women are just werid and awful to each other. Who cares who said what about each other, are they still in HIGH SCHOOL, look up the definition of a LADY. Flaunting around with their so called money lives, nothing to do but throw parties for THEMSELVES, clothing lines they have others design for them, they have just picked out the NAME they want to call the line.
    One has had their house foreclosed, one had to move because her husband didn't pay her rent/mortgage....whatever.

They all need to get a real life. Unfortunately, I can't say BRAVO!

August 14, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  102. Dan in Colorado

This nonsense is newsworthy?

August 14, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  103. Phyl

No, please BRAVO, cancel this piece of garbage. At least the RHWNY have jobs & legitimate charities & class. These HW are pure trash. I did feel sorry for Kim though. For all Sheere's claims of how sophosticated she is, between last week screming at the party planner & this week going after Kim, I'd love to know her definition of sophisticated. By the way, where do they get all their money? Lisa, guess what, a Short Sale is seen on the same level as a foreclosure.

August 14, 2009 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |