August 14th, 2009

Aerosmith: Get well soon

Dear Aerosmith,

aerosmith

Hi, guys! I guess I should say, "How are you all feeling?"  When I got the press release announcing the cancellation of the remainder of your summer tour, I breathed a sigh of relief.  This trek has been jinxed.  Steven, I'm sure you're nodding in agreement - if you can, with 20 stitches in your head and a broken shoulder from a fall off the stage last week.  Ow (I've seen the video on YouTube).

Even before you hit the road, Brad bonked his head - reportedly getting out of his Ferrari - and was forced to miss the first seven shows.  Then Tom left the tour due to what's only been described as "non-invasive surgery."  And Steven, just before your latest mishap, Aerosmith had to postpone some concerts because of your torn quad muscle.

Of the 15 shows the band managed to eke out, none were with the full line-up. Now I don't want to blame anything on age, because 60 is the new 40 (or something like that). But take the rest of the summer off - go to Martha's Vineyard or whatever it is you guys do in Boston.  You'll be "Back in the Saddle" in no time.  And feel better, please.  I'm running out of get well cards.

Love, Denise

1. lien tom

He does rap music for white people. He's not a real rapper like Jay-Z and NAS or Tupac and Biggie. The only people I know that listen to him are messed up white people with screwed up parents and lives. Enjoy!

June 21, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cyndi

I wish you all the best. Get healthy, then get back out on the road! We will miss you.

August 17, 2009 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. Karen

I'm a longtime fan and got tickets for my 2 teenagers and I to go to the concert here in KC. Sadly, the cancellation occurred but what was gratifying is that the boys were (almost) as disappointed as I am! I'll wait in line for tickets when the tour resumes and hope in the meantime, that everyone takes the time to heal and get healthy again.

August 16, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patricia

I had tickets for the Vegas concert a few weeks ago & couldn't go due to death in family. I tried to give the tickets away – the ungrateful fools mailed them back to me. Then, I mailed the tickets to my only friend in Vegas... he moved, the tickets came back to me. Then, I missed the funeral due to my driver, who is an Aerosmith fan. Now, the whole tour is cancelled. IT'S A CURSE !!!

August 16, 2009 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. C.L.

I sat outside in a rain/thunder/ lightening storm this summer waiting for the severe weather warnings to clear so that Aerosmith could get on stage. Even when hail was predicted, I didn't leave and my kids stayed with me. By the way, those kids are 26 and 18, and I'm 53. As long as Aerosmith keeps rockin', so will their fans!!!

August 16, 2009 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. Brigida Monteiro

Hi Aerosmith:

Things happen for a reason! Think about that!!!

Brigitte

August 15, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Greg

yeah...............things seem to catch up with you after a while, but, even at 6? these guys rock harder and are better performers than almost all of the "Fall Out Boy" wet fish bnads.............and you know exactly what I mean.
    Greg-The Soul Reputations

August 15, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. dori

i totally wish all of you good health hell im 46 and if i could just have even half of the energy you all still do i would be happy your all awsome best of wishes to all of you . Dori

August 15, 2009 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. RENEE Y. BLUMHOST

GIRL , YOU SAID IT ALL !!!

August 15, 2009 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |