August 13th, 2009

Omarosa gets religion

Omarosa Manigault Stallworth, of “The Apprentice” and “The Celebrity Apprentice” fame has, well, found a new calling.  A publicist for the reality show villain confirms for us that she plans to enter United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio for training to become a minister. Uh-huh, yep. I'm serious.

A spokesperson for the seminary tells CNN Entertainment/Showbiz Tonight the following in a statement:

“She has been accepted. We have offered her a scholarship through our Baptist House of Studies and will be releasing a statement soon detailing her new challenge here at United Seminary as she begins her residency. United Seminary is one of the 13 United Methodist Seminaries in the United States and has a long and celebrated history with the African American Church and social justice advocacy.”

She starts classes on Monday, studying for a Doctorate of Ministry. “I feel like God is calling me. He’s been calling me for two years and I can’t ignore it,” Omarosa told Sister to Sister Magazine.

Does it make me evil and cynical to say, I'm not so convinced her motives are all that holy? I mean, the girl still has a publicist. What do you think? Do you think it's really a change of life? If she does eventually become a minister, would her words of moral and religious guidance carry any weight?

1. charles000

Imagine this for just a moment . . . . You move to a new town, you decide to attend services at the local church . . . and up there at the pulpit, none other than the wicked witch herself appears . . .

OK, it was just a bad dream you tell yourself, just a bad dream . . ..

Whew – some night mares are just too scary to contemplate

November 4, 2009 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. jessica nance-gunter

I believe that God can change anybody...However she needs to STOP SLEEPING WITH MY HUSBAND JAMES LEONARD GUNTER JR. before decides to ACCEPT her calling.

October 12, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Alvin Campbell

It remains to be seen...... So far I see no fruit from her tree. ( UTS Doctoral Student )

August 25, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. debi

we are not to judge, its between herand God.

August 20, 2009 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rev. Carter

It is apparent that many take the right to the freedom of speech way too far! Seriously, who are we to judge her? When did it become acceptable to judge whether someone was capable of changing?

August 20, 2009 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. FemiStevens

With all these comments and following, she will sure make a good pastor. We all have a chance with GOD's Magnanimity.

August 17, 2009 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cindy

She seems to usually have an ulterior motive. Who knows.

August 16, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. S.B.

"God" is a myth, created by people ... There is a creator, but people only know a fraction of the truth, and peddle lies to the masses in their "holy" books in an attempt to influence and control people. Omarusa is just using religion to gain influence with people, like so many before her through the history of time ...

August 15, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

I don't believe women are called to preach, but I do believe God will use women in other ways. Some of the most influencial Christians in my life are women who are prayer warriors. However, I feel bad for some of the commentators on this because there is no such thing as a dead atheist because when you die, you will find out there is a God and you were wrong. Just because you believe that there is no God, does not make it true.

August 15, 2009 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Playtoe

Before she can preach to me she'll need to repent of the lies she told to Quame during the first Apprentice...and for some reason, I don't think she'll do that.

August 14, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mae

She doesn't need a degree to express the love of god....Universities are a business and business and religion don't mix well..........

August 14, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. say what ?!

She is a vile, dispecable person with nothing but pure evil in her. Oh wait, that's New York's mom, no wait, it is Omarosa. Sorry, I get them mixed up. This hot garbage was given a scholarship ? Thought those were given to those in need. She's in need? In need of a personality tranplant, and you have a publicist? And you got a scholarship? Is this school in need of students and they think this is the way to get more to come to their school by letting be an example?
    Let us pray..................Like some have expressed, it reeks of a reality show....Mark their words.....Reality show..humm, maybe that's the purpose of this getting out to see how people react to this terrible, horrible unbelievable joke. That's what it is y'all !!!

August 14, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. Flowin Gods Favor

NEVER underestimate the power of GOD! I applaud Omarosa for accepting God's call on her life. Many times it is easier to be evil and nasty to people instead of expressing the Love of God. I wish her the very best.

August 14, 2009 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Benny

NO, we don't need her to be God's Apprentice.

Remember, God told the Donald to fire her!!!

In fact, our world has an Apprentice for God already.

His name is Rev. Billy Graham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...

August 14, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Marc

I think that, oh wait, I have a life and it's calling me...

August 14, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Carson - Austin Texas

I laugh thinking about her being a minister, I mean I still remember her fight with Wendy Williams and it cracks me up!!!

August 14, 2009 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. mikeyb

re-watch her Celebrity Apprentice appearances and see how much God was in her life ... she said he's been calling for 2 years ... her appearance on CA was less time than that and see how she acted, she's tooooootally doing this for publicity .... nobody wanted her for any more reality so she made up her own.

August 14, 2009 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  18. duh...

are we really so surprised? wolves hang round sheep, foxes frequent henhouses, sociopaths seek human prey. the christian community is just ripe with naive, trusting people. where else could she possibly find prey at this point? who else would hire her or deal with her, or for that matter not run when they saw her coming? only God knows her heart...personally, as a Christian i'd give her a wide berth and leave God to deal with her.

August 14, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  19. Don

Yet Another Stunt!!!! She's Soooooooooo Predictable!, Trash!

August 14, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. Lois

Hello! HER PUBLICIST released this statement, and some of you wonder IF this is a publicity stunt?? What a dreadful female.

August 14, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  21. mae

For human beings who for what ever reason think that there is no God or creator or being of highest intelligence.......almighty power or one who established all things that exist.........how do you explain or reconcile your ability to think at all, or create (art, music, technology) or recreate, or love, or have expectations, or hope (false or real)....to imagine......to percieve past or future........You can only use things that already exist...man can not come up with anything new...they can only rearrange (create) from what has already been created.......a supreme intelligence (God)....... gifted human beings with a measure of that intelligence...use it........

August 14, 2009 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  22. JC

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." – L. Ron Hubbard, 1948

August 14, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. God's child

All of us are God's creation, but not of all of us walks in the path of righteousness. However, God can call on anyone and make he/she change their mind about living right. I am living proof, I ran from God many years and suffered many consequences. My life now is to take one day at a time until I can truly understand and accept the calling that God has for my life. I pray that she does well in her new journey. AMEN!!!

August 14, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  24. Donna

Perhaps Michael Vick could join her in this educational pursuit – a good couple !

August 14, 2009 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. MD

... and the cameras will follow her on her path. New reality series starring Omarosa. Episode 3; Omarosa counsels Janice Dickinson. This has little to nothing to do with a calling from God. It has more to do with a calling from creditors. Omarosa has been out of the news for some time. She is following the money.

August 14, 2009 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  26. Ednonymous

This is just another load of crap.
    If this were a legitimate endeavor, why would she need a publicist to announce it? How long before the publicist announces a reality show for this bull?

August 14, 2009 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  27. Michael

I'm not really sure why anyone is shocked. Arrogant, self-centered, self-righteous people have always flocked to the idea of religious "leadership." I have no doubt that in a few years, "Omarosa Ministries" will be yet another high-powered televangelism network preaching hate, judgement, and divisiveness through glitzy multimedia presentations while raking in donations from the fearful to pay for Reverand Stallworth's mansions, planes, and luxury cars.

August 14, 2009 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  28. joco, NH

Religion is like politics and attracts narcissists like crazy! I'm not surprised that she is going to become a minister and that she will join the thousands who claim that their way is God's way.
    It's always amazing to me to see how many people like to claim they know what the heavens are directing us to do to be better people.

August 14, 2009 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. Psych Doc

** NOTE TO OMAROSA ** Look, stop contacting reporters, the National Enquirer, Star and everyone else under the sun to get your name back in the spot light. Are you broke again and maybe have a past due phone bill? Oh wait, your phone IS working because GOD called you. Sorry, well maybe you broke a heel or your finishing school is more than you thought it would be so you need more money. You were only known for being on The Apprentice. Aside from that, no one would have had a clue who you were. Your name is not out there for a reason – think about it. Give it up honey and get a job.

August 14, 2009 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  30. revixter

Just another reason organized religion is such a joke. Remember, a shepherd shears, milks and kills their sheep for personal gain. Think for yourselves.

August 14, 2009 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  31. Anonymous

I'm sure this is just another attempt to put her name back in the media. Perhaps her and LaToya Jackson should become roommates and start planning a tour of some kind.

August 14, 2009 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  32. Angel Arnold

this has REALITY show written ALL over it.....
    she is STILL ridin that 15 minutes of fame train................she gets out of the limelight and sits and thinks about what she can do next to get back in it..it SURE isn't for talent..

August 14, 2009 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. Matt

Just another typical Christian who seeks to glorify him or herself through the taking of a supposed cultural, moral highground. Even if there were a god, he, she, or it would be ashamed to have a dingbat like her as a follower.

August 14, 2009 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  34. Wendy

Goodness, this would be akin to the Al Sharpton School of Ministry.

Omarosa has proven that she values the spotlight far too much for me to believe that she's going to fade into the background as a minister from here on out. I don't question her spirituality at all, but rather what she intends to do with it when she completes her education.

Expect Omarosa to attempt to become the next Joel Osteen. Based upon her recent desperate attempts for public exposure, and even her self-admitted drive for recognition that has been present for a LONG time, not just since her Apprentice appearance, I don't expect her to pursue her own church ministry.

Good for her for pursuing her goals. But bad for us in approximately two years, I am sure.

August 14, 2009 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  35. Lisa

I agree with DaBrick. Who cares? I'm so sick of 15 minutes of fame becoming life-time embedded news. Reality TV has got to stop. It's mushing our brains.

August 14, 2009 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. KC

If Omarosa is indeed the shrewish, megalomaniac she appeard to be on TV, than hopefully she will learn some humilty from joining the Seminary. But the fact that she retains a publicist makes me a bit skeptical, too.

TV evangelist?

August 14, 2009 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  37. RJ

Is this a joke?...Have the school officials who accepted her seen "The Apprentice"?...Must be a joke.

August 14, 2009 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  38. Tadley58

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 14, 2009 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  39. connah

"If God intends to use her for his glory, then hallelujah!" - God intends ALL of us for His glory.

August 14, 2009 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  40. sirron

As the mother of a college student who is working and studying furiously to complete his degree, maintaining an A average and researching and applying for any scholarship he can possibly obtain to help with expenses since the Ohio Board of Regents decided to just dump students in the midst of their college careers that were receiving academic scholarships in favor of the "latest and greatest" STEM scholarship that's received all sorts of press opportunities, I find it abhorrent that this woman would be deserving of ANY kind of scholarship. I'm sure there were many students that could have sincerely used this scholarship. Yep, another press opportunity. Shame on the university! Shame on CNN for even bothering to report this.

August 14, 2009 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  41. A.B.

Omarosa just found a new racket to promote herself!!

August 14, 2009 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  42. Delores Jones

While I don't usually comment on blogs but I would like to remind folks that the people God used in the Bible were not all perefect. Moses was a murder, David was a man who committed adultry and killed the woman's husband, Paul was a murderer who killed Christians and God used them all. Why are we so quick to judge each other and use blogs to spread hate, please tell me what Obama has to do with this article? She has to answer to God if she not sincere. I think the hate come out against this woman because she confident, self assured and speaks her mind. But guess what her haters are her motivators. I like her because she thinks out of the box and is not intimidated by what people think. Right on sister.

August 14, 2009 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  43. Michael

Bet she can't wait for all those tithes to start rolling in. She's in it for one reason. MONEY.

August 14, 2009 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  44. Wanda

Omarosa's latest...
    Never got over her Apprentice narcissism myself, enough to see her as anything too serious

August 14, 2009 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  45. savingsymmetry

Why are people who turn to a fictitious character so idolized? Why does it make all of their horrible behavior evaporate?

Or is this how Christianity works? Go out and spread your doucheliness across the world and THEN repent and all shall be forgiven!

Omarosa is a freakin' genius!

August 14, 2009 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  46. SHORESLADY

I wish her all the best. Only God can come from this, for her and everyone thinking about her decision. More power to her!

August 14, 2009 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  47. Marc

Sounds like nothing more than a business school to me. Another money making scheme like most church's.

August 14, 2009 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  48. Kevin (Singapore)

OMG......Omarosa is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

August 14, 2009 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  49. florence

Who's Omarosa?

August 14, 2009 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  50. don

Good for her! I hope she is doing this for a good reason, otherwise the big guy will say "you're fired!" :0

August 14, 2009 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  51. vera

Is This an APRIL FOOLS JOKE....COME ON ALREADY IT IS AUGUST.

August 14, 2009 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  52. Ed

Omarosa,

Oh puleezzze..

There's a better chance of Ozzy turning Mormon.

August 14, 2009 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  53. lisac

It's a money making business and some people make a ton of it for preaching!

August 14, 2009 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  54. Caroline

Why in the whole are we still talking about this women!! Good Grief – she just won't let it go.

August 14, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  55. Tery B

What a hoorrible joke this woman has become...I do not believe this is a change in heart but an opportunity for her to put some more of her garbage out on a TV show...you know this is where it's gonna lead too...she's probably going to school now and has a possible TV deal in the wings for when she's done...you know the minute she ger's out of there she;s going to pitch the idea...

What a Wench...

August 14, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  56. rick

now if it was Rodman doing this, then you'd have a story.
    Who cares about her anyway? If she truly was earnest, she would have done so without fanfare. What a blow to religion. Next thing you know Micahel Vick will do this too. Why are these people shoved down our throats time after time as if we cared.

August 14, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  57. LouAz

Good for her. We havn't had a real preacher since Flip Wilson's Reverend Leroy ! You go girl !

August 13, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. MR

She will soon find out that there is no god. Great story. No God.

August 13, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SZ

Now, there's a church I never want to be a part of... is the area code 666?

August 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Father John

Though the Lord works in mysterious ways so does Satan.

Who better to minister to the wicked than a harpie spawned of Satan

August 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lady Godiva

Hell has officially frozen over. Oh, and btw - nobody cares.

August 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Juan McC

If there was a God would people like Omarosa still have any sort of public profile?

August 13, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Matt

I guess it's somewhat interesting to those folks who equate "being on TV" with "being important," but I'm really interested to know if the seminary issues press releases, especially ones that promise more press releases, about each student that enrolls?

August 13, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Betsy

I just wnt to point out that most ministers are NOT on TV and by no means rich. The ministers on TV mostly not seminary trained -or go to mail order seminary- too much work to study. None of them are Methodists. Yur average Mehtodist Minister will go to small church. To the Methodist a Church of 500-1000 is extrmely large. They also get a salary – no way to "fleece" anyone. The offeing is handles by the council of the individual church. Minister is usually forbidden from going near it.

Most churchs are run this way. I respect the folk that do not believe but base this view on facts not a few headlines you read – based on egomaniacs that have nothing to do with religion.

This is why I am confused by he decision – there really a way she can make this a huge money maing or publicity opportinoty.

August 13, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  65. SecHum

She's wasting her time. There is no 'god.'

August 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Rick3

Beyond the issue of "Is this really news?" and some of the more vociferous skeptics posting here, it does beg the question of motive for most after observing he behaviors on the so-called rality shows. However, given that reality shows are nothing but cheap production value scripted garbage, I wish anyone well who has felt God calling them to serve. We need more of this in our society particularly with all the consumerism, Obamaoism, neofacism and just plain skepticism. Way too many 'isms' these days. We need more humanism and if she is genuine in her committment then why not wish her well – at least until she exhibits some inkling that she has a hidden agenda.

August 13, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Edie

I am skeptical about her motives. isn't everyone?

August 13, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  68. M

Holy smokes! She's seriously mentally challenged...I can't believe they would accept her. Unfortunately UTS' reputation will now be permanently damaged.

August 13, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ingrid

Maybe God is the only one who can quiet her down..

August 13, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Earl Hatleberg

She has discovered where the REAL money is: evangelism...

August 13, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Lisa

Julie–

I live in Dayton (great area!!) only 5 minutes from the seminary–as of now the forecast for Dayton on Monday is hot, humid and the normal chance of thunderstorms. I will be sure to see if there is anything significant and out of the ordinary weather-wise here on her first day of class!

August 13, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mark

I can't seem to find the word publicist in the Bible. But she has caused me to pray to God. Yes, everytime I see or hear her name, I pray, "Please God, make her go away."

August 13, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Barb

LOL.....this appears to be a case of what comes around goes around....and God will give us all relief and have the last laugh..he will send her to Hell..

August 13, 2009 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Mnc

Go ye into all the world is the command. Let her run her own race. If she is serious about heaven, if Jesus Christ has called her, she will surely make it through. However, being a minister is not such a huge thing, truly believing on Jesus christ as your personal LORD and Savior is what its all about. Thats whats personal.

August 13, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  75. andy

I believe she is a fraud, but i also believe the pope is a fraud, the archbishop of canterbury is a fraud, ayatollah wots-his-name is a fraud, the minister aka ceo of the church down the road from me is a fraud!

August 13, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Brian

Yet another inductee in a long and celebrated history of crooks, pedophiles, and misogyny without limits. There she'll be hiding behind the veil of christ's sanctity, but she'll be waiting her turn to take advantage of her unassuming new position of holiness just like the rest. Religious affiliation doesn't change a person's character, and it is fresh in my memory how Omarosa established herself as an opportunist.

August 13, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  77. David

Those of you who say it's the church and not the minister which is tax exempt are correct. However, ministers are often provided with homes, vehicles, clothing, travel, and food by their tax-exempt churches. They can do all of their shopping in the name of the church using the church's tax exempt certificate. I see it all the time. Don't kid yourselves, folks. Churches are money-making businesses that benefit from our tax dollars through everything from traffic lights installed specifically for them to public safety such as police and fire departments, yet they don't pay their fair share.

August 13, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  78. stacey

Oh please, they accepted her? Why?

August 13, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Susan Bushinski

Say a prayer for her classmates and professors.

August 13, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  80. oyeah

Can god make a microwave that can get a burrito so hot that not even HE can eat it?

August 13, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Neil

I would like to say that this is not news...but look at all the responses. too sad. Maybe Dr Kervorkian has something for her.

August 13, 2009 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Elaine

It's her choice. I am not in a position to determine her motives since I have never met her. I wish her well.

August 13, 2009 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  83. sara

If it is true than I think we shouldn't hate Omarosa for doing something positive, and being a roll model in her own rite.

August 13, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Glugzy

She still has a publicist ? hmmm.......
    If you wanna dedicate your time to the Lord thats great but then just go do it . What's the purpose of having your publicist tell everyone?
    Those motives should be personal between you and God, the only reason to let everyone know is for manipulation and publicity.
    Unfortunately from what i have seen of this person i don't buy it one little bit.

August 13, 2009 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Me

When she becomes a minister, she can go on Bill O'Reilly with Ann Coulter. I'd pay big bucks for a front row seat at that performance. Ha!

August 13, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Rick

Since God doesn't exist, this story really isn't a big deal. A bigger deal would be if she ran for political office. People exist and we, by and large, despise the woman.

August 13, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Miz Grandma

I've never trusted those are impelled declare their Christianity, & I guess that's not going to change now. We are truly a backward nation, mired in superstition & lusting for power. Give me an honest atheist any day!

August 13, 2009 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Saul

What God?

August 13, 2009 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jebus

Wow...this is pretty amazing. How can I get a scholarship?

August 13, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jose Rodriguez

Well, you have to admt... God does work in mysterious ways...

August 13, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Becky

Omarosa a minister??? Ha, ha ha, ha, ha, ha, ......................................
    It will be only in her own mind, no paper will make it really true. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ....

August 13, 2009 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Unbelievable

Oh my God! Rev Al and Jesse Jackson will have competition! You know Omarrosa will be that kind of preacher!

August 13, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Tom

She is as bad as Palin – trying to make a spotlight for herself.

August 13, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Wanda

Her 15 minutes are OVER. Go away and take VH1s NEW YORK (Tiffany) with you!!!

August 13, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. sal

She got a scholarship? Can't she pay for her schooling and let the scholarship go to someone who can't afford it????

Wonder how she'll fit in?????

August 13, 2009 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Diane Mason

She's dropped the name Stallworth. She and her husband divorced some time ago.

August 13, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Diane Mason

Who would fall for this???? It's a reality show in the making. It's publicity. Will she leave her sarcasm and hatefullness behind? No. Mark my words. She'll spout hate.

August 13, 2009 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  98. kouame kouadio

I don't know why people like to judge Minister of God lightly.God is ready to use whoever he want to do his work.As a child of God ,we go through tough times and trials ,but God deliver us from them all.Are you the one who call her?Is she serving you?Are you supplying all her need?God do it .To God be all the glory.
    according to his glory by Christ Jesus.I believe she need to be motivated and be encouraged.I do like her when she was working in former President Clinton administration.Wait and see and let God work throug her and use her mightily .I will be the first to give her support.Let stop coughing and playing games with God.Stop to put bad sickness on people.Proverbs 23:7 says :as a man thinketh on his heart ,so is he.I will be by her side to preach the Gospel.God is life ,and I want to be acarrier of life to impart it to people who have faith to receive it .God bless you all .See you next time.Are you such people who do not want a woman to be a minister?I believe that God can use you.Have a nice night.God is near us ,but you to live by faith not by sight.

August 13, 2009 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Rhonda Dunn

Stop being so negative and think again people. This women works for what she wants. She speaks very well, and she's always open for conversation and debate. Overall, I think it's a positive way of making a great improvement in life. Remember, no one is perfect. A lot of united citizens need to get off their rear ends and follow Omarosa's footsteps and make a change for the best.

August 13, 2009 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Lucy

Really!?...... Really!? ...... God AND a Publcist?!?

Oh! Of course, silly me, she gets the 'Calling', and needs the publicist to 'interpret' what God is saying to her. Yeh, I get it.

(Can you see $$$. Can you spell hypocrite? Can u say Reality Show?)

August 13, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Michael

It seems hypocrasy really knows no bounds.

August 13, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sarah

If she were truly in it for God and for her "calling," why let the press know? In the celebrity world, anything addressed by the celebrities (and, in this case, celebrity wannabes) becomes a story, and she knows it. Just ignore her.

I'm also sick to see that CNN would actually report on this. This is NOT news. It's a desperate cry for attention by a onetime reality show participant.

August 13, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Lisa

This proves that there is no God.

August 13, 2009 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Another Guest

Oma-who?

August 13, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  105. s w guinn

People reject people. But Not God.

August 13, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Pam

Well, I bet God calls to her from her publicist's office!

August 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  107. joanne

hopefully we won't EVER SEE HER AGAIN

August 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  108. TKH

Another one of her publicity stunts! How disgraceful!

August 13, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Ben Dover

If this means she will just go away – I'm all for it.

August 13, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  110. lance

as a theology student, I cant help but laugh.

August 13, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  111. bquinn

what a bunch of crap! Will somebody please tell her that her 15 minutes of fame is over....PLEASE!!!!

August 13, 2009 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Thomas

I have greatly enjoyed the running conversations and banal banter about Omarosa and religion, but two things really jump out. The vast majority of people commenting are uninformed and commenting about things they know absolutley nothing about. I personally know Omarosa, and while her tv personality can be too much, she is generous and warm in person. Also, I am a minister, and while I am deeply offened by the crooks in ministry (I recognize that this group is a very small cadre, about equal to the crooks in any busines) and that many ministers work long hours sharing God's love with little to no money. I find the slanderous anti-religion attacks far more offensive than anything Omarosa ever did or will do.

August 13, 2009 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  113. T Bone

Wonder if God told her to get those fake boobs a couple of years back too?

August 13, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jim

hmmmmmm....

Maybe she saw herself the way others did and decided it was a time for a change...

or she saw that there is a WHOLE lot of money in being a preacher. AMEN!!

August 13, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Chris Williams

Just another reason not to visit Dayton!

August 13, 2009 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Bernadette Derry

On this topic my give a damn is so totally busted.

August 13, 2009 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. OH MY GOD!

Maybe God's sending Omarosa to the instructors as a test. My prayer will be for them.

August 13, 2009 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  118. matthew aarness

God has been calling for two years and she is only now getting back to him!? horrible people skills.

August 13, 2009 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Jordan

The funniest aspect about this are the religious nuts who think her motives are pure. OBVIOUSLY a PR stunt for a faded wanna-be TV personality. I want to say I'm shocked that some people could be so gullible - but the truth is, its takes gullibility to be a religious nut to begin with! Oh, the humanity!

August 13, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Oh No Marosa

Omarosa has been brutally mean and hateful to people
    on the reality shows she's been a part of and now she
    wants to be minister? I think she has mental problems
    and will do just about anything to receive the attention
    that she craves.

August 13, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  121. IRS agent

Sounds like a tax scam to me!

August 13, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Carasmom

I forgot to mention: maybe she should have let "The Call" go to her publicist's voicemail.

August 13, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  123. will

I wish her well, but remember, "Some we called, and some just went!"

August 13, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Carasmom

If Omarosa wants to attend seminary school, that's fine. However, this is not news-worthy, more like "info-tainment". I'm sorry ... was I the only one who thought her 15 minutes were up quite some time ago?

August 13, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Enoch

It just goes to show you that what my Granpa always said is true – religion is for whackjobs.

August 13, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Walt

Who cares?

August 13, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Brian

A calling to seminary is not the same thing as a call to minister to people right at this moment. All professions require training and mentoring, and all professions also weed out folks that aren't ready or skilled. The professors are trained at helping people into, and out of, the ministry. I am glad to see she is seeking to begin an educational journey, but I am not sure what the result may be. Time will tell.

August 13, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Chris

What a joke! It's all about the "attention" with this wackjob!

August 13, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  129. cynic

She wants to become a female Jesse Jackson

August 13, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Tim

Further reason to RUN away from religion.

August 13, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Bev - NYC

Omarosa the new Reverend Ike. Turning to God because the devil didn't want the competition.

August 13, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  132. MArc

REALLY??? Does God love her implants too?? God doesn't call you, you convince yourself that he calls to you.

August 13, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Michael5472

When I read the headline, I was praying it involved cloistered vows of silence. Ah, well .... God may work in mysterious ways, but he doesn't have a publicist on the payroll. And a scholarship? Looks like the seminary is working the publicity angle as well as she is.

August 13, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  134. chris

She has made money off of her c List celebrity status, so why is there a scholarship being offered to her?

August 13, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Worcester Ma.

Are you kidding me? I think her calling should be a stripper, I mean she paid all that money for the boob enhancement, why not make money off those puppies. Forget the church, it's just as fake as your boobs honey.

August 13, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Clayton

One thing I know, is that if she is real, she'll be very successful .If she is not real she will be put to shame in a way that she may never recover.
    Contrary to popular belief, you cannot play dice with God.

August 13, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Al Smith

This is , I'm sure,. just a publicity stunt. She is the worst person I have ever seen in my whole life. Her kind is the one that goes to hell not a convent.

August 13, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jon

Tim – while I agree with you that she had past incidents/comments that seem to indicate she has a chip on her shoulder against all white folks. But where did you get the idea that God or Jesus is white? Jesus should be more dark beige or browner from his ancestry.

August 13, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Lee

I personally know someone going through seminary that is there for the glory of THEMSELVES. It is really quite sickening when people do this. And I can add her to the list.

August 13, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  140. 4Real2

A life of luxury...jets, planes, fancy cars and homes. Bishop Omarosa at her finest...sound like a plan, huh? Whatever!

August 13, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  141. HST

Are you kidding me??? This woman will do anything to stay in the media! How can anyone be taking this seriously. Shame on her. The seminary should check her bags for a camera, I guarantee there is a reality show here somewhere. Total joke. I hope they send her to a third world country to do mission work. She won't last a day.

August 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Grace

After reading all the comments, etc., I can't help but think this could be another publicity attention seeking scheme. We have nothing to lose but to sit & watch. If she's sincere, then her efforts will be blessed by God, if not, it will be cursed by God – and on that note, I have begun to pray for her.

August 13, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Dave

First Trump, now God... she seems to have some weird desire to work for slave-driving egomaniacs

August 13, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Robin B.

People let's not be so judgemental – only she knows what her motives are – I say good luck.

August 13, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  145. DeeG

Omarosa is no fool. She has taken notice of this Billion Dollar industry. Omarosa will have a viable lively-hood. She will be the next Bishop Juanita Weeks, or Creflo Dollar's wife. (LOL) Such a luxurious life! Because there is a fool born everyday with itching ears and emotional needs. Omarosa definitely has the charisma and charm like the above mention women in the so-called industry. Can you say fine hotels, jets, cars, and homes...at the expense of overly trusting fools who will well up and become so emotional that they empty their back account at the mere mentioning of "Thank You...Lord." For every fool out there, I believe that there is an Omarosa and she is ready to get credential to legally have standing as your next Bishop. Bishop Omarosa...has a ring to it, I think. (LMAO)

August 13, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  146. NeutralObserver

If she's enrolled in a program that includes both master's and doctorate coursework, as graduate school did when I was working toward my PhD, then it's entirely fair to say that she's working toward a doctorate even if she hasn't obtained her master's yet - it depends on the particular program she's in. That being said, if she was just out to get quickie tax-free status and a title, there are plenty of "churches" that will ordain you over the Internet - studying for a doctorate isn't a "quickie" route to anything.

August 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Amanda

United Theological Seminary offers a challenging serious education. If she was looking for publicity, coming to a mid-sized family-friendly city in the Midwest would probably not be the best move. How about giving her the benefit of the doubt? I suspect that it was announced via a publicist to try to get the publicity furor over and done with before school begins. Otherwise, she would be in the middle of studies and someone would "break" the story because of how incongruous it appears. At least she will bring passion to her classes and will find many different perspectives offered.

August 13, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  148. James

She wants power any way she can get it. Why do people have to be such manipulators? I swear she has a look alike at my office who is doing the same thing.

August 13, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  149. john persson

Desperate strategy to stay minimally relevant in TV.

August 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  150. JD

She is trying to get a religous moniker as a way to more power like the Rev Al Sharpton or the Rev Jesse Jackson. She hasn't changed. If she had she would dump the publicist and become all about others rather than herself.

August 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  151. M

I love how this story prompts folks to say things like, "it is not my place to judge" or "God has a path for all of us". These are the same nut cases that post comments on here all the time judging others without the facts. (eg. Equal Rights for the LGBT community; the Cambridge Police situation; and health care) Religion and hypocrisy at it again, thank you fellow citizens for your rambling thoughts on this horribly stupid and useless article. I don't care about anybody's religious calling and it certainly isn't news!

August 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Karen

She has built a career out of being unkind. I hope it's sincere.

August 13, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Tim from Ohio

She seems as though she hates white people so if God and Jesus are white how will she deal with that? Maybe she can work with Rev. Wright (Obama's old pastor from Chicago).

August 13, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  154. up4discussion

like, who cares?

August 13, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Saab

THATS who she reminds me of PALIN!!! Fascinating...and amazed why she fascinates.

August 13, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Nunya

SHE NEEDS JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 13, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  157. CMFIOWA

Stay there. Please. God can help you......we cannot.

August 13, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  158. JonC

Business is business.........and what better business is there than religion?

August 13, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  159. norseman

Nothing but self-serving PR hype...whether for a reality show, a desperate attempt to keep her 'relevant' in the entertainment industry, or just limelight-seeking.

How on earth could someone with such a trashy, confrontational, foul-mouthed past carry ANY credibility as a preacher of The Word?

She belongs on a broom, not behind a pulpit. GO AWAY OMAROSA!

August 13, 2009 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  160. liane

She had made an income from being a reality show star, writing a book and from working. Why does she need a scholarship? Shouldn't it go to someone without the funds?

August 13, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Robert n Texas

Becoming a "Doctor of Ministry" is the same thing as becoming a "Doctor of Mythological Cults" ... it is a bogus degree. There is no god. But if it keeps her out of trouble, I'm all for it as long as she stays away from me.

August 13, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Joe C.

Jim McGreevey and Omarosa can do a "calling" show togethter. Talk about the "fear of God" !!

August 13, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Raymond

Some who comment seem to be under the impression that ordained ministers do not pay taxes. That is not correct. Ordained clergy pay taxes just like everyone else. In fact, they have to pay the full Social Security tax, not just the employee half.

August 13, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Dell Wader

Just what the world needs: another religious nut worshiping an invisible man!

August 13, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  165. DanB

Lord I pray she won't be ministering on TV – surely you can find many more beneficial uses for these air-waves. Infomercials would be so much more interesting. Omorosa maybe it's true, maybe you do have a godly calling, I hope it's true. I'd much rather see you take a vow of poverty and enter a Catholic convent and take a lifelong vow of silence.

August 13, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Aldrich

She'll make a fool of herself doing that as well and get kicked out, worry not. Watch out for this headline; "Omarosa dicides to convert to Islam, says Christianity isnt for her"

August 13, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Ginniblu

For the few of you that said she is doing it to obtain a tax-free status think again. It is the Church that gets the status, the Minister not only has to pay regular taxes but is considered self-employed and pays self-employment taxes!

August 13, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Marsha

I feel that this is a publicity stunt!. However, anyone can change .. only time will tell us of her true intentions.

August 13, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Joe C.

she can join Jim McGreevey who is in Seminary to become an Episcopal priest.

August 13, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Tedwardo

Too Bad Omarosa is not not fictious ...like God

August 13, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Davide

Dear Prior-Poster Mikel :

OMG !

" Hey Omarosa. God just called back to say, “You’re fired!”

The FIRST time i ever actually laughed out loud (LOL'd) at a forum thread IN MY LIFE .

You are tres funneh !

( P.S. She would stab God in the back for His Job. )

August 13, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  172. ECR

Hey more power to her. I hope she is sincere.

As per Joe's comment, how can he feel that way when he is half white himself. But since you see things that way... now you see how a black man feels :o)

August 13, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Opal

Well, this article got 51 comments. Can you imagine her following when she is finish with her studies. Remember Saul, he bcame one of Jesus' most faithful diciples. She better be serious, God don't like people playing with him, his judgement will be on her if she plays around with this.

God bless her

August 13, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Rev. Jim Franklyn

This is simply a publicity stunt. It's pretty easy to see through her selfish actions.

August 13, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Dave

Oh jesus, save me from your followers!

August 13, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Stephanie

And, when she comes out, she will hit the airwaves with a mighty wind...blowing hot air about the Lord now. She wants an additional 15 minutes and she'll get it! Watch – she'll get a TV show and preach to us now. She's a shrewd one.

August 13, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Cheryl Noddin

A call is personal; the question of a minster needing a publicity manager is a good one although not new to the church. There is a section of ministry that is public and a section of ministry that is not so public and more aligning to traditional values. I am not in public ministry, am not called to public ministry and am absolutely comfortable and in line with those parameters. I believe we have to really understand what God wants and align ourselves with His picture and vision...when we are in agreement with God...the issue is closed. Some are chosen to be martyrs...a public ministry does not necessarily glow as brightly in heaven...but being faithful to our call does...whatever that may be.

August 13, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Gooods

How many 15minutes does she want? Gluttonous is a word she should study up on..

August 13, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  179. AJ

Hilarious!

August 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Shivors

It is a stunt to get her name in the news.

God did not call here as there is no God.

August 13, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Jon Sanderton

I just spent two years as a graduate student at the Harvard Divinity School, and I can tell you that 90% of those in the ministerial program are lost souls with poor social skills, so I suppose their words as ministers probably won't carry much weight either. Sigh...

August 13, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Marla

Wow, good for her. I want to do the same thing but I want one in New York City. I love that she is using her beauty, talent and smarts to serve God. Really, when you stop and think about it.. what could be more important than that? ..... I can't think of a thing. I love God so much too and I am truely happy for her. If you happen to read this Amourosa- congrats!

August 13, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  183. maggie

That's pretty funny. Somebody who thinks she's God entering a seminary. Gonna have some trouble with the "humility" part.

August 13, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Sam

She will become a very popular tele-evangelist which will cater to her ego and need to dominate, accumulate and flaunt wealth and fame. Í'm very cynical about her, we'll see.

August 13, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Jay

If you are going to do this Omarosa, do it for the right reasons. If you don't you will have to answer to a "Higher Calling".

August 13, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Bill

Estelle, I saw that book. I especially enjoyed the Forward by Al Gore!

August 13, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  187. bettie

Since religion is the scourge of the world, and so is Omarosa, it seems like a good fit.

August 13, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Evangelina

I believe God is calling Omarosa. Just like he is calling all of us to come to Jesus. Rather than criticise her, let us ask ourselves, after this life, are we ready to meet Jesus. He died on the cross to save us and if we confess him as our Lord and commit our lives to him, we shall be saved. I do not know what Omarosa's motives are- but for her own good I pray it is right. But let us not judge her. Just because we are not in the spotlight like she is does not make us better than her.

August 13, 2009 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  189. JR

The God business has always been lucrative.

August 13, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Chrisero

Hey, great career choice! Can't get fired if your boss is a myth! Brilliant! Now THAT'S job security honey!

August 13, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Kim

This is going to be her next reality show gig, right?

August 13, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Marcia

If your heart is in the right place and you want to go to seminary school, do you really need your publicist to issue a press release about it?

August 13, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Jonathan

Apparently she can't find a real job, so she has to resort to fleecing the sheeple like so many other losers.

August 13, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Karen J

Look what GOD did with Moses....he was a murderer. He takes ordinary people and does extra-ordinary thing with them. Besides, that is between her and GOD.

August 13, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  195. soulsista

too bad she isn't going into the nunnery and taking a vow of silence.

August 13, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  196. william zane

Come on CNN, please report some noteworthy news. Omarosa is several things, none of which I feel are appropriate to mention here. I imagine a lot of people care about what she is up to, and I feel sorry for those people.

August 13, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Sue

Why do we care? If she was truly answering a "calling", then why announce it to the media via a publicist? I would think that entering a seminary would be a private matter. Just my opinion.

August 13, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  198. CPO

Puh-leez...Its going to be a reality show!!! If she truly felt spiritual she wouldn't find the necessity to have her publicist broadcast it to the world. Yet another iincredibly selfish act on her part

August 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Hal

This broad just can't stay out of the spotlight. She will do anything to keep her name in the public eye. Maybe she will learn about humility, because she is surely lacking that trait. I expect her to be the next senator of whatever state is stupid enough to vote for her.

August 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  200. adam

Someone completely phony and money-hungry? She will fit right in with a church.

August 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  201. dean

why, when people want to speak about religion, do we all talk like yoda.
    I hope that Omorosa's walk with God is successful and that her life is full of peace and happiness.
    I was not impressed with the way she acted on the apprentice shows, but am also happy to give anyone a 2nd chance to win me over.
    Good luck Omarosa and God bless you

August 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Kris

ha ha,, God calling Omarosa and saying "You're fired!" That is hilarious. I think she is a fame hungry wanna-be whose fifteen minutes of fame was over a long time ago. She is disrepectful to everyone, very egotistical and she is not setting a good example for African American women. Her behavior on the Apprentice was smarmy and dishonorable, and she went and did the same thing on the Wendy Williams show,,, pathetic broad. This will not make her a better person,, she is a fake.

August 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  203. JoeH

Really, why do we care about the fact that she's going to try and make a living talking to her imaginary friend? It's only slightly less annoying than trying to make a living working for Donald Trump.

August 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Witness

Thank God for Forgiveness and Redemption.

I pray for her journey. Those without sin cast the first stone.

August 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Dell Bayer

Oh gosh! She'll probably find a way to monetize her Dcotor of Ministry degree.

August 13, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Wanda Diaz

Ministers do make a lot of money.

August 13, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Joe

Rubbish! All any of you know about Christ and his "words" are what is being passed off as fact in a fictional book. Your faith is not fact so stop pretending that it is. It's not like you'll be surprised when you don't wake up in heaven because.....wait for it.....you won't wake up.

Religion has been and still is being used to justify all sorts of barbaric and inhuman actions. Your god is doing nothing to stop any of it because your faith is unsubstantiated. That's why it's called faith.

My favorite is when a natural disaster occurs and those that are lucky enough to survive praise their god and those that didn’t survive…who do they praise? Santa, the Tooth Fairy and god are all fables told to those that need to believe in something. Believe in yourselves and move on.

August 13, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  208. JT

Shame on the school for taking her in, ESPECIALLY giving her a scholarship. They are money/publicity hungry as well as Oamarosa

August 13, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Bull

And you can bet her hands will be deep into the collection baskets.
    Cover a rotten person any way you want.Underneath,it's still rotten.

August 13, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Dan P

Why was she offerred a scholarship? Shouldn't scholarships be offerred to be people who can't afford to attend otherwise?

August 13, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  211. swannie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The DEVIL makes a jump to the seminary? I feel soooooooo sorry for the others that will be there in her presence....the spots on a leopard NEVER change! This is the funniest post I have seen in six months!!

August 13, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  212. ar

They offered her a scholarship?
    What did she do to deserve it?

August 13, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Daniel

A seminary student with a publicist? That must be a first. I've got a Master of Divinity from a Methodist Semiary, but I thought you are supposed to get a Master of Divinity before working on a Doctor of Divinity? I guess if you have a publicist, any thing is possible. I didn't have a publicist. That might explain why they give a masters instead of the doctorate. God bless you Rev. Dr. Stallworth.

August 13, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Estelle

She must have read Sarah Palin's book "How To Stay In The News for B Rate Celebrities."

August 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Ren Car

it is hard to believe someone like this piece of garbage. Yes, I am being judgmental but so does she. Going to a seminary and announced by her PUBLICIST? I thought serving God is about being meek, silent, humble and all that good stuff. I didn't know that serving God involves public proclamation? Who is she fooling? Do we know for a fact that it is God who is calling her?

People who really do God's work do not talk... they just do the work without any kind of proclamation. It really irks me when people use God to further their interests. They are an embarrassment to the true christians who do God's work siently and humbly. These pseudo-christians are hijacking the the truly compassionate and selfless christians. Omarosa is a fake.

August 13, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Nancy

What a distasteful person.

P.S. Mike's comment is hysterical!

August 13, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  217. sma

If its for real the way she can get people going she could be awsome at inspiring people to that path. She is the type of person that would make church fun and energized. But if its just a stunt it is a very sad one.

August 13, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  218. LP

I don't really care about this... I didn't watch the Apprentice and I'm sure not going to pay her any attention now. If she's serious, more power to her... I doubt it though.

August 13, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Zany

calling her to what, to ruin christianity. wow, this woman is so sad, she really needs to get a life and who cares what she does, she's a bitter, judgmental, rude, disgraceful, angry black woman who has nothing better to do with her life but get attention. we'll see how long she lasts. i'm a Christian and i'm ashamed to call her a sister! God help us all!

August 13, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  220. hemnebob

there is something there that she will exploit, i am sure of that!
    she is so vengeful and vindictive...
    good luck to all involved.

August 13, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  221. KZ

Who are we? As imperfect as we are to say a person’s objective to "CHANGE" for the better is not real. If she is being sincere ONLY GOD will know. While man looks on the outside ONLY GOD knows the heart. We all live in glass houses it amazes me how so many people are quick to throw stones and judge another person’s intentions. It could indeed be sincere and if it isn't then she fits right in with the rest of us. There are a lot of things that a person does for their own reasons whether it is sincere or phony, doesn’t make it right, just makes it human.

August 13, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Todd

As a former "no good SOB" who God called into vocational ministry , I can tell you that it would not be unsual for this to be the real deal. I cannot imagine anyone going to seminary just for a publicity stunt. It is Omarosa and she is unpredictable, but so is God.

August 13, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Tom

She wants to turn herself into a ministry so that she does not have to pay taxes. Her motivation has always been money based. When she is done, she will submit herself as a ministry and thus a tax shelter. God knows all of our true intentions. He can see our hearts. We will all be held accountable. I hope I am wrong and that her intentions are honorable. Granted, seminary will change her regardless of her motivations at this time.

August 13, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  224. kittydevil72

Yeah Ok. When pigs fly is when I will believe this.

August 13, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  225. michelle

this story is exactly why I'm not an advocate of religion. What a joke.

August 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Lisa J

We are not to judge??? Why do people continually repeat this outright lie! Yes, we are to judge. The bible tells us over and over to discern the truth from a lie! The process of making decisions involves judging, but judging RIGHTLY. Yes it's true that we cannot tell what is in another person's heart, but Jesus told us "You will know them by their fruit". Anyone can change, so for right now it is a good idea to just wait and see what type of fruit she produces. For all of you who think we are not to judge, get a concordance, look it up and then come back and let us know what the actual bible actually says, instead of what you have heard in popular culture, repeated on the radio/TV, read in an entertainment magazine, or heard your friends/siblings/teachers say. Judging is a part of every day life. It's what you DO with your judgment that counts.

August 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  227. alexdc

Reminds me of Paris Hilton embracing "spirituality" and her desire to raise awareness and help women in prison after her stint in jail. Guess that didn't last too long. Women prisoners as her new BFF?
    Maybe Omarosa is looking for a BFF at a higher level?

August 13, 2009 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Gizmom

Why does she need a scholarship if she can afford to pay a publicist. What would the Holy One upstairs say to that???

August 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  229. MNResident

Maybe she is just trying to become another candidate in the "find a minister for President Obama" sweepstakes.

August 13, 2009 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Kevin

Why is this news?

August 13, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Chuck

What a joke. Above all things she is supposed to be getting a scholarship, give me a break and all the other United Methodist ministers who have had to pay our way through seminary. She will have a hard time taking her first appointment for about $25,000.

August 13, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  232. JIveturki

God is a made up entity to attempt social control. Omarosa is a made up person to gain as much social attention as possible. Its a good fit. I wish her well in her continued path of self indulgence.

August 13, 2009 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  233. DIT

I am not one to judge either.....but I do know one thing that we don't need in this world is another "preacher"......Why is it that God only calls people to preach? In the Bible, there are several gifts listed and when God speaks to your soul and change you from the inside out, you try and reach others and you don't need the media or a platform to do it....We'll just have to see who inspired this....God or flesh?

August 13, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Q, Garaque

yes, as disciples of the Messiah in the Way, we are allowed to judge amongst ourselves...

She may very well her the Lords Call, and if in fact that is the case, then May the Lord Bless her along the Way, and I pray she in fact will be a good steward of what God gives her.

However... The very fact that her "publicist" is making a public proclamation regarding her spiritual status brings to mind the warning that the Messiah made against being like those that stand on the street corner proclaiming their own piety.

Time of course will tell, and ultimately The Lord will be the final judge in the matter.

August 13, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  235. dakota

She gets a scholarship?????????? HELLO!

August 13, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Roberta

If she is genuine about her calling, her life will truly show a change for the better.

August 13, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  237. danr

I would normally be supportive and give her the benefit of the doubt, except the Bible makes it clear pastoral ministry is for men. I hope she finds a Biblically acceptable outlet for her ministry desires.

August 13, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  238. pubsdaddy

I thought this chick was crooked, now I KNOW..c'mon now!

August 13, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  239. SLL

Seems a bit odd that they offer her a scholarship when I'm sure more needy students could use it. Sacrificing would be putting her own money toward this goal.

August 13, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Joel

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice."
    – The Apostle Paul, Letter to the Philippians

August 13, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Jameos

Well I'll be danged...there really is no god!

August 13, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Jane

Please tell me why this is news ! There isn't one person on this earth that cares what this woman is doing. CNN you should be ashamed of yourself.

August 13, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Billy Gibbons

Maybe she want's to publish tax free?

August 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  244. Lori

Why is this being made public? She may have a genuine love for God, but I feel like she has a bigger love for publicity.

August 13, 2009 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Joe

Anyone can change. Of course I am more than a little skeptical about Omarosa's intentions :) But the truth is anyone can change.

I am even holding out hope that maybe Obama will change his ways one day. No more celebrating baby-killings, no more racism against white men. Anyone can change.

August 13, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  246. Julie

Omarosa is a joke, a bore and pretentious. Isn't it normal for lighting to strike when odd things occur on "holy grounds?" I'll be watching for a serious weather change in Dayton on her first day.

August 13, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  247. JK

Not a bit... but then again, actions speak louder than words. I think her true colors have shown in the past – this smells of some sort of publicity scheme. I'm sure this is just to further some personal/financial goal of hers.

August 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  248. Tica

Yeh, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only calling she hears is the call of the almighty dollar.....

August 13, 2009 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  249. MG

I think, if she is honestly sincere, then she will be taken seriously. Jesus used the most imperfect people to carry out his plan. Prostitutes, tax collectors, former atheists. Never doubt the power of God Almighty. If it is Him calling her into service, He's already prepared a platform for her to succeed. If she is truly changed and ready to do His work, get ready... big things will come.

August 13, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  250. Ann

She is so full of it....just another publicity stunt. I would not listen to her one bit.

August 13, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  251. Dr. Steve

Chances are, she'll probably have cameras following her around while she's 'studying to be a minister'. This will lead to a reality show called "Oh My Rosa", which will probably air on Vh-1 or the Reality Channel in 2010. Then, she'll move in with Octomom and Latoya Jackson for a different reality show in 2011. And it will just keep on going.....

August 13, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  252. Steelo Brown

When it comes to matters of one's personal walk with God, it is not really my place to judge. God knows her true heart and that all that matters. Despite saying that, I still can't help but feel a little skeptical.

August 13, 2009 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  253. lordy

Add her to the list of loud-mouthed, obnoxious "Ministers" seeking tax-free status and a bogus title. Surprised????

August 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  254. Mikel

Hey Omarosa. God just called back to say, "You're fired!"

August 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  255. Robin Miller

Normally, I try to spare you these things, but I was afraid I might forget this.
    John F.

August 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  256. Frank in Wilton Manors

Well, one thing for sure – with her big mouth she'll not need a microphone.

August 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  257. Alex Winter

If MC Hammer can do it... why not?

August 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  258. DaBrick

Does anyone really care about this?

August 13, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  259. Dee

What a joke! I don't have to say anything else.

August 13, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  260. wendy fleener

I think it is great that she wants to work for God!! I pray she will find her way and love the Lord and his people. GOOD LUCK HONEY!!!

August 13, 2009 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  261. LBW

All she gets is herself. I'm not buying this. She would sell her mother for fame and fortune.

August 13, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  262. Judi K

Sounds like a reality show in the making.....

August 13, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  263. Syn

Did not the disciples of Christ have their own controversial lives before they knew Jesus?

August 13, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  264. dawn

God can work through all people. We are not to judge. I hope and pray she would not play with God for self indulgence purposes. If God intends to use her for his glory, then hallelujah! Go for it sister! There is nothing like the word of Jesus.

August 13, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |