August 11th, 2009

LaToya Jackson on DWTS?

LaToya Jackson is back in the news.  She made headlines this summer when she declared her brother Michael had been murdered; now, she's looking to dance her way into prime time.  Jackson says she's been invited to compete on season nine of "Dancing With The Stars," following in the illustrious shoeprints of Shawn Johnson, Brooke Burke, and Kristi Yamaguchi... not to mention such luminaries as Kim Kardashian, Marie Osmond, and Steve-O.  "She has been invited and she loves the show!" says her publicist, adding that no deal has been made.  All ABC will say is that the season nine DWTS cast will be unveiled on Good Morning America next Monday, August 17.

How about it, DWTS fans - do you want to see LaToya strutting her stuff next season?  And who else should get a shot at dancing his or her way to the title?

1. trevor

PLEASE!!! WE NEED LA TOYA

I BEG YOU

August 15, 2009 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. bob

U People are SICK Jermaine would not act like his brother Michael. HE LOVED HIM AS A PERSON not as a roll model

August 15, 2009 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bukah

Hell to the no. She is a weirdo, she's always wanted to be in the spotlight and since her brother's death, has the opportunity. She needs to kick rocks and go back in hiding where she belongs. Coconut nose.

August 14, 2009 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Margaret

No, absolutely not. They wouldn't have wanted her a few months ago. Why on earth now? Get Paula back!!!

August 14, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sally

umm...NO.

August 14, 2009 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Della

OH Please....Since Michael's death Jermaine and Latoya have pushed themselves front and center. Jermaine's concert tribute to his brother (and can't seem to get enough acts to perform) and Latoya dance???? NNNOOO. Say it with me!!! NO. I would love to see Janet do the show. She made a name for herself ...by herself.

August 14, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kevin Reath

Yes.... so would Squeaky Fromme :-0

August 14, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hug

Get the girl who does the Progressive Insurance commercials if she's available. She has a flair for physical comedy and would add interest that 'another pretty face' just won't have.

August 14, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. kyra

Micheal Jackson's death seems to be
    an opportunity to inflate the rest of the Jackson clan's career?

August 14, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. O.Massaro

Any job to help her earn an honest, independent living.....

August 14, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Brenda Ende

No let's get real.

August 14, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jimmie Brenner

You go girl....Michael would want you to do that. Heck, it sure beats having Sarah Palin. jb

August 14, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Abbey

Good gosh no! Enough with the Jackson freaks.

August 14, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DMR

LaToya has had more than her fair share of exposure. If she was not a member of the Jackson clan she would be working at White Castle. Putting it nicely LaToya has no talent, except being a grifter. She is only looking for the next easy payday. I truly an tired of hearing about the Jackson family and how they are planning to squeeze a back out of someone, anyone.

August 14, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Susan Johnson

Hello no, she looks like a mummy.

August 14, 2009 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Andrielle

Um I don't think that would be a good ideal, just for the simple fact that her VERY famous brother just died!

August 14, 2009 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Roy

Please don't have that fake looking bimbo Latoya show up on TV.

August 14, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. april rogers

HELL NO!!!!

August 14, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Patty

Maybe her and Jermaine can be partners. They seem to be 2 of a kind and always getting face time and making a buck off of MJ as they have done for years. Listen...I loved the Jackson 5 but come on....move on already. Since MJ passed he has repeatly said he was the closest to MJ and had his back....but says he didn't know anything about MJ's problems. I'm sorry, give me a break, if you're close to someone ..you know. If one of my sibiling were in trouble, no amount of security or walls would have kept this 110 lb girl from get them the help they needed. They all just turned a blind eye because they saw MJ as a meal ticket and continually used Katherine or guilted MJ in to bad deals and riding his coat tails. They all make me ill. I keep MJ's children in my prayers.

August 14, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Monique

No, way. This is a great show, and having this attention starving, person with emotional issues on the show, will destroy it!!

August 14, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Anthony

I think she would be voted off the first week anyway. It's not the appropriate time & they only asked her because of Michael. She was never even a D-list celebrity. It's disgusting if she does it but then again her family wants to put together a tour on the heels of Michaels death. And Farrah's best friend Alana Stewart already has a book out. There should be a certain period of time gone by before they all cash in on their loved ones. It just looks really bad.

August 14, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Judy

I would LOVE to see Richard Gere participate!!

August 14, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lynder

If she was on the show it would be one of the most watched show of all seasons. I say let her dance.

August 14, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joel

No, No, No..... i am sure there has to be somebody else. Please pick somebody else.........

August 14, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lynder

I think it will be great to have her on the show. What else does she have to do? Besides that she is broke as hell and needs to jump start her career.

August 14, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Patty

No, Her 15 mins were up in the early 90's. She is an opportunist who would stop at nothing to make a dollar at anyone expense..even on her deceased brother. She sold her "story" to 2 London papers for reportedly 200K each not to mention how she trashed MJ in the 90's book and talk show circuit. Bet she didn't share a dime of that money with her mother and MJ's children. She is diffently her father's daughter.

August 14, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Queen 822

DWTS is for "D" list celebrities only. Janet would never do that show!! If she did it would not be a wise career move for her.

Of course La Toya will do it, because this will be her chance to shine. After years of having no fame (did she ever have fame?) she will finally be able to say "I was selected to be on DWTS, thank goodness I'm a D list celebrity or else I would not have been asked to do the show"

I just hope she doesn't do any more plastic surgery to prepare for the show!! Enough is enough already!!!!

August 14, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  28. barb

OH PLEASE!!!!

August 14, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. avahome

August 14, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jacque

doesn't matter to me

August 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Robyn

why not Trace Adkins...now there is someone to look at...

August 13, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Bohica Too

No! No! No! Anybody but a Jackson!

August 12, 2009 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. susan

what are you kidding... OMG I hope not... just want we need Latoya back in some spot light... STOP...

August 12, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Lindsey

I`d much rather see Janet, but I`ll probably still watch.

August 12, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. SQ

Why not! The network places these oddities for ratings and then places them on shows after the season is over. I gave up when Dru and Christy showed up on HGTV. That was too,much.

August 12, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. tony

the jackson family once again getting stardom from their younger brother. just shows how shameless they really are. no wonder he was so messed up.

August 12, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Debbie

LaToya ? Fine with me. Now Janet might have an unfair advantage.
    But, who I'd really like to see is.............Jennifer Anniston...PLEASE

August 12, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Rena Stanton

I have never missed DWTS, and I think it would be great to see any of the Jacksons on the show. I'd also like to see John Travolta and Whoopi. How about Garth Brooks and all the cast from Friends? There are a lot of celebrities so the show should last for years and years. How about Frasier? He's be great too!

August 12, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Pat

I would love to see more of the Jacksons on the show they are very talented . As long as they don't put Joe Jackson on the show(Father).

August 12, 2009 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  40. Kevin

Absolutely – YES. She would be a great ratings grabber. I would like to see Joan Collins on the show

August 12, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  41. Karyn

yes, I would love to see her on the show!

August 12, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  42. Treva

I don't like this. The only reason she is coming back into the limelight is because her brother DIED!! She is not a star. It would find it extremely depressing to look at her every week knowing she was there only because someone i loved died. I would not watch it

August 12, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  43. Jonathan

Why not,those Jacksons are still a big part of show biz,we need to continue saying the magic phrase .............jackson.

August 12, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  44. Barbara

I'd love to see John Travolta on the show. Let's see if he could still create some SATURDAY NITE FEVER !!

August 12, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  45. zeno0771

This show is still on?
    Appropriate, then, that LaToya finds her way onto it; she, like the show, is a talentless washout.

August 12, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  46. robjh1

Why not?

August 12, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  47. Caleb

This is just my opinion but I think it is another cheap way for the Jackson's to cash in on Micheal's death. You have not heard of any of the Jacksons until lately and now they have everywhere cashing in.

August 12, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  48. KJ

Yes why not we can boogie. Most like Kim and the gymnastics learned how to dance "on" the show it wasn't natural talent.

August 12, 2009 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  49. vadiva

I think that's great for her. Despite everything, Michael's family still have to live their lives. She may need the payday just like all the others who have been on the show. Not sure her dancing abilities but it'll be great to see her do something positive for herself.

August 12, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  50. susie

yes i would love to see latoya on DWTS... and i would also like to see WHOOPI...

August 12, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  51. Dan

Why not? Part of the show's appeal is getting eccentrics.

August 12, 2009 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  52. Liz

NO, NO, NO!!!!!

August 12, 2009 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  53. MIMI from GUATEMALA

If my brother was Michael I would not have agreed to participate in a dancing show. As a close family, she had to wait some time to experience sadness at such an enormous loss. What she is showing, in the eyes of Michael´s fans is that the only thing that she cares is advertising.
    Thanks to Michael, his brothers have won the attention of the media and the public.
    What a shame!!!!

August 11, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ohsnap

August 11, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Sandy L

If it makes Latoya happy to dance more power to her! After her brother's death she has to do what makes her happy. Don't know if I'll watch, but what the hey. Go to it girl!!!

August 11, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Monique

I think it would be great. But LoToya tends to stay on the thin side. Those dancers tend to loose weight during the show. It could get scary.

August 11, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. DDM

If she is on the show it should be called DWTW! Dancing with the wierdos. I guess she fits in because what stars are really on this show?

August 11, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Timberly

boy george has been out of jail for months, stupid.
    and latoya would be fabulous for the show.
    Keep the Jackson family alive LaToya.
    We love ya!!

August 11, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Angel

I think it will be great. They had better invite Jermaine as he might get jealous.

August 11, 2009 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sandy

No LaToya, please.

August 11, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Elaine

If that's what Latoya chooses to do, that's her business. I have no problem with it. I don't watch the show but my take a peek if she's on.

August 11, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Terrie

August 11, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Steven

How about Boy George! Of course he has to get out of jail for that. What a hoot to watch him try to be young a pretty again. Not that he was ever that pretty...lol

August 11, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |