August 7th, 2009

Kim-tervention fails on 'Real Housewives'

I am really wondering if there is going to be a major blowup this season on every episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

We can only hope.

Thursday night’s episode could have almost been titled “Sheree gets into it part II.”

After the huge blowup with party planner Anthony on the season premiere, this time around she faced off with Kim after NeNe arranged a night out for the three of them to clear the air.

There has been a lot of "she said, she said" going on in the ATL, and kudos to NeNe for wanting to put all of the cards on the table after she and Kim had earlier met and made peace.

It all started out reasonably, but you knew it was about to go bad when NeNe choked on her wine after Sheree said Kim had talked badly about NeNe’s husband Greg and called him broke.

Soon accusations of lies were flying back and forth between Kim and Sheree, and there was lots of cussing and fussing as Sheree denied that she ever told Kim that NeNe and her family were renting a house (which is apparently a huge diss in a city as house-proud as Atlanta).

NeNe clearly didn’t know who to believe, and the fight escalated enough for Sheree to follow Kim outside in some drama to be continued on episode three. I wonder how all this factors in to reports that Kim and NeNe recently got into a confrontation in which Kim alleges that NeNe tried to choke her.

So who do you believe told the truth at the dinner? Should the three women just give up on the friendship or at least try and be frenemies?

For more on this season of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," visit Essence.com.

« Previous entry
  1. piano

I'm on Team Kim. During the fight episode I felt nene and Sheree just wouldn't drop it, they just kept coming and coming, as Kim tried to walk away many times. I like Nene and get it that she wanted to fix things but I thought it was way over the top. Made me wonder if the producers made her keep trying, keep trying... It was awful. I believe Kim. Kim is a character, but she is a good Mom and I think she is a friend worth keeping for Nene. I feel she got caught up in the Sheree thing. So haughty, so delusional. Sheree is the one that bad rapped Nene to Kim when they started being friends. Sheree is the one that left Nene out of her home. Sheree, Sheree, Shree – a little bit getto!

September 2, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Peggie

I say Kim and NeNe should get back together and kick those unreal hoes back to the same curb they came from lol!!!

August 10, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tiffany

Ok...I watched last season and I thought it was..just ok. But I can't see through an entire episode of this new season. All of these women (with the exception of Kandi) are very childish.

It seems like they all want to pick on Kim (because she is the most vulnerable) when they all have said things about each other so they should just let that mess go. LIsa is the fakest of them all in my opionion because she stirs up the drama and then sits back and watches it unfold and then play the "innocent" role.
    I honestly think she made up some "beef" with Kim just to be on NeNe's " I hate Kim bandwagon"
    It's sad and a shame that these are the best that Bravo could find for their show. They do not represent the elite classy wealthy housewives of Atlanta at all.

August 9, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Scarlet

If anyone doesn't think this is how the black /white sisterhood acts together , you 've never been around this dynamic . It is like no other relationship . And the sisters alone towards each other , you're crazy if you don't believe some of them act this way . Deep, deep , deep seated issues.

August 9, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JStar9775

obviously you do or you wouldn't be reading this blog.

And I think these chicks are hysterical. It makes my life look so much better when I see what it could be like if I was money-hungry famehog wearing a bad wig.

August 9, 2009 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. FreeBrd

Hey , Dog The Bounty Hunter is on TV . Flavor Of Love and I Love New York was on TV... is anyone really surprised. Unfortunately, wannabes and has-beens will sign on for almost anything to get them in the spotlight and the TV execs will be there to breast feeds us all the way to the bank. Its funny and sad at the same time.

August 7, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MiMi Devine

This season is off the chain, but its a little on the unrealistic side too.

KHANDI, DONT DO IT BOO!...LISTEN TO YOUR MOMMA!

Take a look at USHERs marriage. Remember how his mom was against him marrying old girl. well just look at them now, heading for divorce court. Sometimes you need to let others be your eyes. GURL,
    I know he may be BANGIN it out, but theres another man out there for you.

In my opinion, Lisa is the FAKE one here... She started all of the drama last season, and seems to take a back seat this season with her PHYNE ass husband. THeres a reason Keith Sweat got rid of her.

NeNe is a drunkard (she needs a drink for everything).

Sheree was my favorite girl last season with class, but I dont know what happened to her. Is it your fall from grace?

Kim is somewhat sane, but gets caught up in the drama.

August 7, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. John

The one person who I find very demeaning in all of this is Andy Cohen. I thought that gay enablers of messy misses went out with the Anna Nicole Smith Show. He is the Bobby Trendy of this decade.

August 7, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fyi

To Auggie.. It's TV! OK! They are getting paid.. I suggest you watch a different channel. on't take it so seriously...

August 7, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carley

Do any of these "ladies" work for a living? Is there anything real about
    The Real Housewives of Atlanta? Is there any thing entertaining on television anymore? Enough with all these stupid "reality" shows...there is absolutely NOTHING real about any of them...

August 7, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andrea

The ladies should just let it go. He said/she said always causes problems. No one owned what they said. It seems to me the show is more scripted this season.

August 7, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fyi

It's reality TV.. If there was no drama. You wouldn't watch it. I hope the girls get back to being friends I ENJOY Kim & Nene. They got along well.

August 7, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. susan warner

Why do people who hate this show dedicate time to not only read the article, but post a comment about the show? If you have no interest in the show, stop reading articles about it!

August 7, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Who cares

They should all jump off something tall.

August 7, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. auggie

I find the women's behavior last night to be just horrible. I was mortified, I couldn't continue to watch as I was so embarrased by the way they were behaving. It was sad to see. If you are truly going to try and mend fences and want to show our children how to use their words and what responsible adults act like, to and find other solutions, to issues that will come up, the ladies last night failed tremendously.

August 7, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jana

This stuff is too rich!!!

August 7, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Shanna

Why do people watch this bs? What is so interesting about watching a bunch of spoiled brat wives and the drama they CREATE in their lives for no reason....A total waste of air time in my opinion. Personally, I have my own family dramas (yes i do come from a wealthy family) but why air your personal problems on national television.

August 7, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Rich A.

Pure sensationalist garbage. Way to focus on the good aspects of humanity.

August 7, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Cassie

It is like a train wreck....hate to watch....but cannot look away!

August 7, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. R.L.

As far as I am concerned the Housewives of Atlanta are the lowest form of life compared to the other Housewives. They make the OC Housewives look good and I think that they are a bunch of lowlifes. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have class and these ladies prove that.

August 7, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jason

Do people really thing this Bravo-manufactured drama is the least bit real? Nene even said on a talk show that the women of Housewives shows are "characters created by Bravo" and that the only time these womens associate with each other is when the cameras are rolling.

August 7, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lola Marie

I love Housewives of ATL :-)

I think Sheree is a mess and needs professional help (or anger management). Kim apologized and that should be enough! Sheree didn't cop to anything, but they are all guilty of backstabbing.

August 7, 2009 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Shel

It's interesting that TWO people have called Sheree a liar already. Kim and the party planner. I'd be a little suspicious of Sheree at this point.

August 7, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jaxsie

I really can not beleive people act like that? I saw one episode and was flabergasted! It is sad that they willingly have their lives taped for the world to see and they still act like trash!

August 7, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. susana

I think this is great ! ! I love trash television !!

August 7, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LW

I think that there is a lot of blame to go around when it comes to the trash talking. If they really wanted to make peace and be friends, they each should have started by owning up to something that they said and apologize to the person that they said it about. Then from there if someone wanted to bring up another remark that they heard they could address it with that person. That would have opened the door for everyone to be honest. I think their biggest problem is that no one want to admit they were wrong. Nene is about the only one I like on that show Deshawn is gone. The rest of them could own up to the truth about themselves including Lisa. To me she is the worst kind because she pretends that she doesn't have anything to do with the arguments when really she is the one that through flames on the fire.

August 7, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  27. MARSHA

Kim, Nene & Sheree ARE SOOOOOOOOO GETTO

August 7, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kim

Worse show on TV. I am horrified that these people are women showing this arse on TV. Please...........

Ashamed is the word!!! They all are trailer trash with no talent and have no clue how to earn a living. ALL their children will be screwed up!!! Women should NOT have kids if they have not got their act together. They just end up repeating the cycle and we really dont need any more dead beats in the world!!!

August 7, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. susansocal

They are all beyond ghetto! Kim is so tacky and old looking. We love the other housewives shows but this one is so low class we stopped watching Atlanta after season 1. The other city gals seemed to learn after their season 1's that they all needed to behave better and most made effort to not come across so badly, but Atlanta has not learned that lesson from reading this blog site/update. Very sad what a bunch of low class women of Atlanta. Their very foul language was being bleeped so much you can't even understand them. Their behavior is ghetto (the equivalent of low class white trash).

August 7, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. csq

Living in Atlanta, I am embarrased of this show. This show makes it seem that everyone in ATL is ghetto trash. What happened to some Southern Gentility? And I'm also not sure why it's called the housewives of Atlanta, all of these women live far outside of the city. Maybe The Real Housewives of Atlanta Suburbs??

August 7, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. East Coast

Well, Sheree stated"...Trailer TRash"; to Kim. Is this not Racist? YES>> by all standards. What if Kim would have said, "Ghetto Rat"
    or Hood Skank... EVERYONE would have jumped on the racist trane. So odd, when it black on white, NO ONE says anything

August 7, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. T81

The TRUE ELITE of Atlanta, act nothing like these ladies! They don't consist of a bunch of women married to ball players and women who are mistresses of wealthy men. The elite are the ones who would never do a show like this because they don't have time, and it's beneath them! All Bravo did was find a bunch of women with a few extra dollars in their bank accounts who were ok with having their business put on tv and to provide some entertainment. That being said, I do have to say that I still watch and love this show. But as far as them considering themselves to be the wealthy elite of Atlanta...they are WAY off base with that. Even poor Sheree, who experienced foreclosure, is still trying to put on heirs. Foreclosure happens to a lot of people, and it's a terrible thing, but she's still trying to walk around like a queen.

August 7, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. nhnonna

I guess that's why I've NEVER watched this show.....or ANY of the others involving 'real' housewives.

August 7, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Just Sayin

Where do I start? There seems to be a lot of rock throwing and then hiding hands behind their backs (ahemmm Lisa and Sheree)! Last season's blow up with NeNe and Kim started when Lisa told Sheree about the song NeNe sung while drunk about Kim's inability to sing. During the reunion, Lisa got defensive in trying to cover her butt with Kim by threatening to toss her over the couch. Classic... Then this season Sheree and Kim get into it over he-said, she-said started by Sheree (trying to cover her butt). It seems to me that these ladies are fronting having class, (which by the way, money doesn't make you classy) when their actions are juvenile and low budget.

August 7, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. pamap7

Anyone who takes seriously the 'he said/she said' business is wasting their time. People will talk regardless. And NeNe, Sheree and Kim should be ashamed of themselves for not having more self control. They don't know how to act. I can barely watch the show. All they do is yell and scream. It's ridiculous and their behavior is deplorable. Get a life, please. Then you won't have time to waste on nonsense like who said what about me. Who cares?

August 7, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  36. WTF

It's really interesting how the tables have turned. I wonder what happened between this season and last where Sheree and Kim stopped being friends. They were "thick as thieves" when they were hating on NeNe. And I am sure both of them were equally responsible for talking mess about Greg's finances. The problem is is that neither one of them took ownership for anything that was said. Somebody said something!

As for Lisa, the only reason she's hating Kim so much is beacuse she got exposed for helping instigate the issue about the song. Ya'll betta watch out for her!! Lol.

So far so good for Kandi. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Hope her marriage works out. People need to stop hating on her fiance so much.

They're the best thing on TV this summer and they're hot!! I can't get enough of these sexy ladies.

August 7, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. my goodness

People its a made for TV drama. Take it at face value. Its unfortunate that at their age and status in life this is all they have to do with there time, but we are the ones watching it. For me its like watching a car wreck, its bad and you pray for the people involved but you cant take your eyes off of it. Do I wish these Black Women would present themselves in a better light, of course. I started watching this last season to get of glimpse of how the other side lives, but now I see I can take a walk thru my old neighborhood and see the exact same thing. I dont knock there hustle but Bravo wouldnt show it if we didnt watch it. So instead of knocking them, Start with the MAN in the MIRROR and think about how you give this show a hour of their time every week. It entertainment People!!!!!

August 7, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. GApeachy

Where do I begin? This is trash TV at it's finest.
    The sad part is people in other parts of the country think these women represent southern women. What a huge insult to every genuine, respectable, well mannered Southern woman. We are known for our "love of drama" but no true Souther lady would ever make such a sad spectacle of herself. Not in public or in private.
    If this show is proof of anything it is that no amount of money or selective editing can give you class. It's something you're either born with or learn from the adults who raise you. Clearly NONE of these women have a clue what REAL housewives of Atlanta are like.

August 7, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kay

Sheree is one to talk..she got kicked out of her house due to forclosure...hello and then the fight with the party planner...why get a party planner if you are not going to let them do their job...Sheree what are you 5 years old? You go Kim!!

August 7, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jay

I saw one episode of this with my husband and I was absolutely shocked that this kind of garbage is shown on t.v. and that people actually get caught up with these "no talent" women.

August 7, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. bg

Of course they are going to keep up the drama. If it wasn't so outrageous and delicious there would be no reason for us to watch. Its TV! The ATL housewives put the others to shame.

August 7, 2009 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Marthe Davis

This is all for RATINGS, all three of these women should take a pill and go away. The lies the back stabbing it is all a SOAP OPERA.
    This is not how real housewives live.

August 7, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Rdeebee

OMG! WHO CARES! This is possibly the stupidest show on television, and I can't believe that anyone who is not brain dead already would watch any show like this. These self-important pigs wrestle about for face time like their lives or "problems" amount to anything. I'm not some elitist who believes he's too smart to watch "reality" shows or anything not on PBS, but people, please, has it really gotten to the point where shows like this, The Kardashians,etc... are worthy of anyones time? I'd feel better about watching a dogfight!

August 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lori

I believe Kim if I am to believe any of this drama at all. NeNe was on a talk show and openly said that she does not associate with any of the women outside of the show. So, if they only associate with each other during the brief taping of the show....how could they really be friends. All of it is made for tv drama so I only watch it for entertainment value. I certainly don't think it is a candid look at how upper class people live. I am middle class and my friends certainly don't act as tacky as these women or the other tacky women on the other "real" housewives shows ESPECIALLY the tacky tacky tacky women in New Jersey!!!

August 7, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Gale

I think everybody is trying to blame Kim because she seems to be the vulnerable one. I believed her and I also feel Sheree did say that about Nene. Sheree don't want Nene to think she's two-faced. Kim can't possibly be making up all this, and they are the innocent ones.(last year's episode they were blaming Kim).Stick to you guns Kim and don't let them Bully you. Nene should be smart enough to see through this also. It's too much drama!!!!!

August 7, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sue

I've lived in Atlanta and have NEVER seen anyone like this at the Piedmont Driving Club (where the real upper class of Atlanta goes)

August 7, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. eddie mae

NeNe thats right keep it real girl. kim wants to ride on who ever boat she can ride on. she can't be loyal to two people at a time. so she likes to start stuff and right a check that she can't cash. the reason why her shared man left her. she talks tooooooooooooo much. on tv spreading her bussiness and everybody elese. get your own man kim and keep your mouth off of others peoples men

August 7, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  48. MyMy

I have to admit, my black people never disappoint when it comes to drama. Love it!

August 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Sally Anne Stark

I think that if you look at Sheree's behavior with the party planner–who was a completely unprofessional idiot unable to grasp that the woman was his customer, not his underling–and then with Kim, it is clear she has no qualms about a physical confrontation. This is not the behavior of a balanced adult. She must enjoy getting into these contests of will and provoking behavior. It will be her own fault if she is physically hurt during one of these encounters.
    We can all tell why she was divorced.
    Its time for her to learn how adults behave and how to exercise some self-control in confrontational situations. It never HAS to escalate the way it does when she carries on this way.
    Her accusations toward Kim are disproven by the footage. She has a problem that needs to be addressed before her children pick up on this bad habit of hers.

August 7, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Another Guest

Exactly! Who really cares about this stuff? Millionaires involved in grade school arguments over nonsense. Feh... They should user their resources to do something productive.

August 7, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  51. jrae

These "housewives" shows define the word 'banal'.

August 7, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Nikki

I think they should just forget about it. If they can't trust each other (and they can't) then moved on! I don't talk about people BUT that Sheree is two-faced and not to be trusted!!! I like the new housewife, Kandi, I think you SHOULD stay with your fiance, I had the same problem with my mother also and my husband and I have been married 12 years STRONG!!!

August 7, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Owen

Two Words: Cleat Chasers....
    Look at the BIOS, noone except the new girl has actually done anything...Funny......

August 7, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Kevin

Seriously folks, this is probably one of the worst shows on T.V., and seriously needs to be taken off.....

August 7, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Guest

FIRST – it is a TV show loosely based on reality. NONE of these women, with the exception of Khandi and somewhat from season one, Deshawn, is making their own money or contributing financially to their current or fomer marriages – have plan not just relying on your man as a "kept woman." Lisa, while she appears to "keep it real" there in lies a different issue when you really look at her character overall. As for Sheree, NeNe and Kim – GROW UP LADIES – all three of them have "done dirt" on the other – just be women and admit it and move on to another "story line." Overall, the show does not represent well for women in general (black women especially) – it only further perpetuates the sterotypes of women and their "girlfriend – frenemies drama" that is played out in the media (women not getting along with each other, being catty, being self-absorbed, etc.) What the ladies of RHW-ATL fail to realize is that all this show does is expose the content of your character to millions nationwide. Ladies, BRAVO has succeeded in its mission to get you a "show" and they have literally "shown you out" and not in a good way, why, because NeNe, Sheree, Kim and Lisa fail to realize, your personality, talent, "reality show" can take you places, expose you to things, and get you "celebrity status", but your character will ultimately show the world who you really are.

August 7, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. hippiechick

These women give Atlanta a bad name. I know lots of women in Atlanta – black, white, native American, etc. – and none of them are this crazy. The wealthy women I know don't live up off of I-85 near Buford, either, as this bunch does. I feel for their kids, they have to go to school and hear people talking about the crazy thing their mother did on TV last night.

August 7, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  57. MeMe

I think NeNe needs to grow up and stop pretending like she's trying to solve problems and not just create drama for good tv. They need to be adults and squash it all and say if you said anything then apologize and we're good. What's the point in trying to figure out he said, she said? NeNe is immature and loves drama. Her husband told her to let it go but of course she wanted all three of them to meet anyway.

August 7, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Tbaby

I truly beleive that their is alot of she say she say, BUT I commend Sheree for how she stood her grounds. I really didnt care for her last season but I love her this season. As for Kim she is a piece of work I think if they back stabing keeps going on which it did by Kim right before she met with Sheree and NeNe they dont need to be friends. I wish the best for all of the ladies on the show.

August 7, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  59. Cary

It's disappointing to see all of this bickering and backbiting. Everyone involved should be ashamed including the producers who are trying to get RATINGS out of this one.

August 7, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  60. Ms. Stuff2U

Honestly, I think this is all drama made for TV... who really behaves like that? I think its best for them to move on and at least be "fenemies". They all talked about each other behind their backs so how can you ever trust them as friends? I do think Sherree was not being honest with NeNe... I believe she did say those things because she's two-faced like that. All of them are! The only one that really keeps it real on that show is Lisa!

August 7, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  61. Guest

Who gives a rats behind?

August 7, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |