July 31st, 2009

Return of the Atlanta ‘Housewives’

Watch out - the Georgia peaches are back!

The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” returned for season two on Thursday night and I, for one, couldn’t be more excited.

Nobody brings the drama like the ATL crew, so I can’t wait to see what they have served up for us this time around.

The usual cast of characters is back – NeNe Leakes, Sheree Whitfield, Lisa Wu Hartwell, and Kim Zolciak – with a new addition, singer/songwriter Kandi Burruss. (DeShawn Snow is no longer with the show.)

We learn that NeNe and her family have moved into a new home near Lisa and Ed, who are considering having a new baby; Kim has broken up with Big Poppa and wants to start her own line of wigs; and Kandi’s mom is not happy about Kandi marrying a man with six kids.

NeNe, Lisa and Sheree seem headed for a showdown with Kim, who they hear has been talking junk about them around town.

For all this, the real star of Thursday’s show was Sheree.

She and her kids have been evicted from her home, she says, because her ex didn’t pay the mortgage. And she and NeNe appear to have buried the hatchet.

But the moment that had me going “Oh no he didn’t!” was when Sheree’s party planner, Anthony, got all up in her face and served her a big old fat helping of cuss out with a side order of attitude!

Sheree was planning a party to celebrate her divorce being finalized (minus her seven figures it appears) and she was less than pleased with the customer service Anthony was offering.

He didn’t come through with a promised helicopter for her entrance, or the planned meeting with the poet who was to memorialize Sheree in print. What he did do was go off on her, inform her that her name was “burnt in the industry” and get into a screaming match that almost came to blows.

The moment Anthony let loose with “Your mama’s a b--” I thought for sure that Sheree, who got in his face as well, was going to punch him out.

You do NOT mess with a girl from Cleveland.

What did you think of the premiere?

1. Decking Kits ·

i admire party planners coz they really know how to make a great and memorable party *

November 3, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Beverly Burke

Can we get NeNe to put on a bra ?

August 29, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JENETTA DEWS

NENE and Lisa I love you girls foreal say what you mean and mean what you say that's what I call a SISTER keep up the good work ladies

August 29, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. JENETTA DEWS

I use to have a lot of respect for Kandi but you as first a "BLACK" WOMAN and as a buisness woman should have put Kim DUMB Back Street HHHHHOOO in her place Black women are very strong women by Genetics they can be very strong independent women and Lisa can be all she wants to be Bigger than life if she wants on the other hand she didnt have to lay down on her back to get where she is and Kandi playing into that mess you are a very big disapointment I see why your mother worry about you making such a stupid decision to marry a man who you will inherit a bunch of baby MOMAS and kids don't you have a clue men always try to bond with kids to trip up the moma you have no clue do you he is doing what he supose to do to get you caught up

August 29, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Trijah Peeples-Hale

Hello Housewuves of ATL. I am so excited about the show this season. I know that you all are going to bring plenty of drama and suprises. I have a friend that admires all of you all's beauty. She is a licesned stylist in Birmingham and does not mind coming over so you all can sample some of her styles at no cost. Ne-Ne, Sheree, Lisa and Kandi you all are more than happy to try a free hairstyle at no cost and any of the other ladies please notify me if you all are insterested via email.

Best,

Trijah Peeples-Hale
    Consultant

August 6, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. brent

I've never watched this show, so feel free to condemn me, but I'm embarrassed this is in Georgia. We're already seen as backwards, and now we've got a little money, we're rich *and* backwards! I'll pass.

August 3, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Denise

TOTAL GARBAGE!!!!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE HYPE!!!!!! ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

August 3, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RealityFan

These shows are pure entertainment. Enjoy it for what it offers- entertainment. People who made commentaries about race and class go watch PBS. If you look for any redeeming values this is not the show for you go watch PBS. Appreciate the housewives for all their fun and quirkiness.

August 3, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. A Real Lady

Ha! I live in a "hotel for women"-slash homeless shelter, and the ladies of Atlanta have NOTHING on the women I know. Only the love of money, and that breaks more women's hearts than any man out there. Geez. Geez. I gotta run, room 13's crying about whether she should date the geek with the plane, or the drug dealer. Room 16's yelling about somebody stealing her baloney, room 33 just got arrested for prostitution and with room 14's boyfriend, to boot. Me, I got a headache from working 2 jobs, or is it from my abnormal mammogram result i can't afford to follow through with.. Atlanta, you don't know what "real" means.

August 2, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sharon

kandi is boring. they should have put tiny on instead of her...

August 2, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Renee

The jury is still out on this season. A few points:

1. Sheree is still coming off as pretentious and shallow. She may want to consider attending college because life experience does not seem to have made her wiser. She is always about getting hand-outs (unrealistic alimony, free services for the party planning). Remember Sheree, you get what you pay for.

2. Kim has a mouth problem. Anything that comes out of her mouth gets her in trouble. This is odd since she seems terrified of confrontation with those that she bad mouthed in the off season Also, one would think that with all the money she wastes on clothes, jewelry and purses, that she would wse up and get her wig situation

3. I find Lisa's relationship with her husband to be genuine and affectionate. Her baby seems well adjusted and quite intelligent. My only concern with her is whether she is playing both sides of the coin with the gossipy stuff. She seems a bit too focused on getting Kim back for slandering her in the off season. I also thin Sheree may be a bit jealous of Lisa so I hope Lisa will watch her back with that one.

4. NeNe seems unchanged by the show. She's still my favorite. I hope she still keeps Sheree at arm's length, who seems to find satisfaction is hurting NeNe.

5. Not sure about the new lady, but things are looking promising.

All in all, I'm so excited my favorite show has resumed.

August 2, 2009 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lex

I'm really excited that Atlanta HouseWives are back on... I can relate more.
    The Party Planner... completely out of line... completely... no matter how much a customer(Sheree ) acts... As a woman, As a person, As a DIVA it's her own right. I thought she did well being the clown was so willing to go so low and disrespect her Mother... trashy and unclassy. Who does that?... A man to fight a woman... he truly have male/female issues or just forgot he's really a man... could not have been me!

Kim, so glad you returned but please grow some balls and stop running and avoiding people. You have your own right to freely speak, network, wear a wig, sing, fo whatever it is that you desire to do. But in a black community you will need thicker skin... Please woman up!!!!

Lisa!!!! love, love, love!... so happy for you and your beautiful family! Some woman are not able to have children... but you girlfriend! give that honk some more beautiful babies!!!! You both deserve it!!!! ;)

"NeNe!" ... where would Atlanta HouseWives be without you! Mother of Real!!!!! We just adore and love you! Personality so real, down to earth, and gorgeous!!!! Love the new look! Work it... Hope GOD BLESS everything within reach of you and beyond!!!!! Stay true to who you are! It's beautiful and expiring!

Kandi! why marry a man with crumb natchers... when you have one daughter who will clearly feel stretched because she's use to being the only child. so it's normal for her not to want to share you, your love, unless its her own true sibling... He just have too much baggage and I believe you'll soon become part of that baggage as well. Please sign a pre-nup if you do marry this man... Clearly he's sowed a lot of himself... x's too many... but people live&learn... he may be a changed man or just seeking financial support of a willing independent woman...

Miss seeing Deshwan... hope everything with her and her family is well!

Ladies... just keep it 100!
    And where's D'wane?????????????? love him! just completely love him!

August 2, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. Natash

I loved the show!!! I felt the argument between Sheree and Anthony was very unprofessional and disrespectful on Anthony's part. No matter what.... if your professional be professional. What he should have did was stand up... shake Sherees hand... and tell her "thanks.. but no thanks... this isn't gonna work out you need to find someone else" (free or not)..... But to come on national TV, representing your company and to act like that, was out of line and he should be fired. I would never give that company my business. People in that kind of industry( party planning) have to have thick skin with dealing with celebrities and people like Sheree.....because whether folks what to acknowledge it or not all those women have now become celebrities and women on this post and all over who talk negative about them..for whatever reason...would probably sell their souls to the devil to be on this or any show. Kudos to all the women on the show!

August 2, 2009 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. DLove

These women are not supposed to be role models to us or the audience! It is entertainment and I LOVE it!! They are no better or worse than all of the other Housevives seasons. It's TV and they only represent themselves. Not black women. As far as they need jobs, guess what they have them and we watch them work. Sheree, my favorite is getting over $400,000 a year from Bob automatically through his various pensions (not bad for being married about 7 years). So with his pension and her paycheck (Bravo TV) she's doing fine.

August 1, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lillysAndRoses

HEY,HEY now NeNe ,Lisa ,Kim,Kandi and Sheree I love your show The Hot Atlanta Housewifes. Man I love all of you and you have caring husbands and friends. This is for Kim and NeNe you have to stop it. NeNe I see your hurt you are really hurt because of what Kim said about you negatively, BUT Sheree feeding her theses negatives about you got Kim thinking you are talikng about her negatively so both of you dropped the ball here. When other people see what good friends are they try to come in if you allow them and turn your lifes upside down. Surprise them all NeNe and Kim show them what true friends are really about. Reminds me of my mother and her friend they both are resting in peace now, but they did make up but lost out on a lot of good times because of hear say. Good luck girls iI will be watching .
    LillysAndRoses Later

August 1, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. shelby

I could not wait util this show was back. I was not happy with all the teenage bickering that was going on. He said/she said is so high school. These women claim to be mature, classy ladies. All I saw was tacky, tacky, tacky. Let me state for the record, as a southern woman, we dont talk like that. They need to tone it down.

Kim can not sing and I dont think that having an affair with a married man makes you a houewife. It makes you some thing totally different. She also needs to consult someone about a better wig. Her hair is a absolute mess. 200k an episode should be able to afford a little quality. Lastly, stop lieing so dang much.

Sheree, Sheree, Sheree. I am confused about her whole situation. How do you not know that your house is in foreclosure. If your ex is not paying child support, it stands to reason that he is not paying the mortgage. You dont have a job, you didnt get seven figures, so what are you doing for income. What's up with the bad attitude? You are nothing special. I did notice that she talks about keeping it classy, she was real classy when that guy was in her face talking about Cleveland.

Lisa, I like her but sometimes I feel that she is a little on the sneaky /messy side. She seems to be one of those women that talks out of both sides of her mouth so you have to watch her.

NeNe, WOW! I know there is a thing call keeping it real but there is also a thing called "just leave it alone". She does not have to have a view/comment about everything. She could learn to sit back and chill and observe and then attack. I think that she could stand to take a couple of classes on tack.

Khandi, dont know her. I dont know about this guys with 6 kids. How does he support them? She is a little boring, but she seems to be a more mature, the jury is still out.

I miss DeShawn, I think that she was the only one that kept it real. Dont hate because she married NBA instead of NFL. If I had the ability to have a chef and a staff to help me, then I would.

Lastly, the show should be called the women of ATL because there are only two wives. I would like to see these women do something besides talking trash, shopping and partying. Real housewives dont have time or the desire so can we please see them be real women for just one episode.

August 1, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Michael

I'm a bit confused as to where Sheree's spending power is coming from. I read somewhere that each of the women makes $200K per season from BRAVO. That is no where nearly enough to support the high-living lifestyle she is putting out. And last season she kept talking about getting "seven figures." That means, at most $9M. $9M, conservatively invested, will yield - at most - $500K per year to live on (before tax). If you spend more than that, you are going to deplete your principal and run out of money. To hear Sheree talk, she could blow through that kind of money in a weekend. And who is paying for the new house? Yes, it's much less grand than the old one, but given ATL real estate values, it still must be worth $1M. Something just doesn't add up.

As for personality, the only one out of the entire gang that seems to be a stand-up person is Lisa. She seems to take being a wife and mother seriously, is a good friend, and has her ego in check. I also miss DeShawn - she was a bit, well, let's be nice and say "naive," but she seemed to have a good heart. We don't know enough about Kandi to know how she'll fit in.

I'll give it another episode or two, but I'm not sure it's going to draw me in the way it did last season.

August 1, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kenyetta B.

I'm still trying to figure out how these shows are called Housewives when half these women aren't even MARRIED. Isn't that a requirement to be a housewife?? And housewife implies ...yes I’m married...and no I don't have a job. So if you are married and have a job...you're not a housewife...I know I'm moving on...

I wish I would've caught the live show and found out that party was Free! That explains why it felt a little staged. And that dude who closed the door while the were in the middle of the fight was hilarious! They only came back in when it appeared to become violent.

Personally I would really like to find out more about Kandi's guy w/ 6 kids, but the fact that they come over often and he's involved in their lives and making them apart of their family seems to imply to me that he's a good father. I know a lot that have only one child and never see or interact with that child. So he seems to be doing well in that aspect and to me that says a lot about him as a person...so in that case Mom's would have to chill. I mean if that's her only grip she need to back up off the issue.

I can't wait to see what goes on throughout the season though. Even my husband is DVR'ing the show! It's gonna be good. NENE IS MY GIRL!

August 1, 2009 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sterling

I thought that most of the show was very dissapointing. Why should we as black women except this immature, high school behavior that was reflected on the first show. I could not believe the scene with Sheree and Anthony. It was VERY unprofessional. If Anthony wanted to boost his business he has surely failed in that attempt after this episode. I know drama makes for good TV....but come on...at the expense of opening oneself up to degradation is appalling. Kandi was the only one that seems to have respect for herself and her family. I hope she maintains that integrity during the season...YOU GO Kandi... A REAL GEORGIA PEACH!
    Sincerely,
    A REAL GA PEACH

August 1, 2009 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gloria Roebuck

First, I will miss DeShawn : 'she was the one most representing Atlanta's real ladies. NeNe is great, straight forward and her family reflects all her greatness as a wife & mother.....Sheree is spoiled and shows it.....Her ex should support his children but not her lavish lifestyle..get a job. Kim???????paid companion (hooker), do not care for her and she can not sing,I thought it was a joke(at first) in the studio. New girl, we will see, seems a little hardcore.

August 1, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. lala

The season premiere was entertaining! Sheree and Anthony could have handled the situation differently. Thank heavens NeNe was not at the meeting! I believe Kandi will add MORE spice to the show.

July 31, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jennifer

sheree was off the hook now we are getting down to nitty gritty

July 31, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. taeta

I could have sworn the name of the show was the real housewives of ATL none of the these woman seemed to be doing any house work or raising there kids they all seem to be immature, ignorant self centered jacka#$@s I see why their men left them out to dry the way they did and none of them have learned there lesson yet. The is entertaining why because you hve a bunch of miserable woman who have nothing better to do than get primped up on money they should be saving since i thought know one had a job except Kandi and prance in front of cameras acting childish and if this is what housewives do I see why the divorce rate is so high what man would really want to claim something like that.

July 31, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Gwen

I had no idea the party was free...but I still would have tried to choke him when he called out about my momma! LOL! This season is off to an AWESOME start!! Kandi's story with her boyfriend is interesting. I wonder how many baby mommas he has?? And her own baby couldn't even remember all of his children's name! LOL

July 31, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. dannym

First of all if that was us . We was having a party and he came off like that it would have been a fight he was wrong

July 31, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. MJV

I enjoyed the show. It's reality television ENTERTAINMENT! Yes, you would expect that they would have a little money now, especially with the success of last season. Also, YES, the party planner is still getting paid in publicity. Good or bad, he agreed to take her (the show) on as a client and if there were questions that she wasnt clear on, he should make sure his client had a good understanding. He didnt HAVE to take this on. He obviously saw a benefit in doing so.

Stop picking and the name calling and just enjoy it.

July 31, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Angie

Did anyone else find it amusing that during the screaming match between Sheree and Anthony that someone discreetly closed the door as if they there were not really having a very unprofessional fight.

July 31, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. D

Sheree needs to get over herself. She wouldn't be anything but another single mother if she hadn't been married to a NFL player. Yes he should take care of his kids, i agree with her on that one. All this other stuff, seriuosly she is not that important. It is always about her and her day and everyone should bow down. She is jealous of all the other housewives(minus Kim) because of what they have and how they live.She is not the best looking one, most succesful one, or the most important one. they could have easily left her off this season and no one would have cared. Just another woman who has depended on someone else to pay her way, and now is turned into the poor pitiful me woman that everyone has had to listne to at least once in their life.

July 31, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sassy

The party being free was mentioned during the live, post show at 12:30. Andy Cohen was on with Sheree' and the party planner called into the show and put her blast.

Okay...the previews for the upcoming shows display Sheree trying to pull of Kim's wig. ROTF! Let me just say there is wig protocol one must follow, if you are not wearing a lace front wig:

1. Do not go to church and get the Holy Ghost. Praise Him gingerly because you may end up shaking your wig off.
    2.Do not pick a fight with a hard core chick. (especially in front of others and definitely not in front of a camera crew). The first thing she will go for is your wig. Be docile until you get home. Then call her with a piece of cussin'.

July 31, 2009 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kaye

I thought that last night's show was disappointing up until Anthony cussed Sheree out. It is about time that someone puts her in her place anyway. Why is she throwing a party when she doesn't even have a job? Plus, it seems as if all the Housewives have gone Hollywood and that they are acting for the cameras.

July 31, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. south crack

where in the show did he say it was for free??!! please let me know..so when it comes back on i will be all ears?? i had no clue free meant you are called out of your name and your mother is a female dog!!

July 31, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. CJ

@ Jaye, yeah she's lost a LOT more in her divorce than she really believes. The rest of the show was good too. Kim is playing a VERY dangerous game with Sheree, NeNe and Lisa. She's no longer under Big Pappa's protection so she had better tread lightly. Not sure how Kandi is going to fit yet. I can understand her mom being pi$$ed about marrying a guy with 6 kids....that's a lot and then some, but ultimately it's her decision.

July 31, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. theone

oh i loved the show lastnight. i felt that part was little staged because their should have been a fight i mean come on i would have hit that clown. i think the both of then are stupid fools for the simple fact that he was giving her a free party and she cut up like that but still in all she didnt ask him for the free party so that was a catch 22. he did apology for saying her mom was a B. Both of them are stupid fool if you ask me and i can care less what happens to the in the business. That outfit shree had on that was from her line was ugly as he*ll i would not wear it and she shouldnt also. she needs to let it rest. she is tired and so is her party planner cant wait for the next one i will set my reminder for it

July 31, 2009 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  34. Carey

Let's review: 1) Sheree threw a birthday party but didn't put NeNe's name on the list and then blamed her publicist; 2) Sheree threw a runway show but didn't have any clothes and blamed the seamstress; 3) Sheree throws a divorce party but didn't get a helicopter – keep in mind she was just evicted from her home – and blamed the party planner. What's the common thread here?

July 31, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jaye

I too have had clients who I wanted to tell to get the hell out of my office. It was obvious that Sheree was bugging the micro-managed hell out of Anthony on a party for which he was not being paid and taking him away from clients who were paying him to work for her for free. Several times he told her why did she not speak to one of his assistants. She will learn post Mrs. Whitfield that she will be speaking to a lot of assistants from here on out. No money= no feigned respect.

July 31, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |