July 31st, 2009

'Dance' gives enjoyable results show

Last week's results show, featuring Emmy-winning dance routines, must have been very well-received, because the producers of "So You Think You Can Dance" decided to bring back several contestants again this week to perform the Emmy-nominated dances from last season. So once again, it was a very enjoyable results show that offered much more than just a 50-minute wait for the eliminations.

After a Tyce Diorio-choreographed group dance based on "Send in the Clowns" (the "saddest" routine ever, according to host Cat Deeley), it was time to get down to business, as Deeley announced the first dancer who would go to next week's finale. She noted that this person did not necessarily get the most votes. ... So it was rather anticlimactic, but a pleasant surprise to see Jeanine announced as the first dancer to be safe.

Season four's Jessica and Will came out next to perform Diorio's Emmy-nominated "Adam and Eve" routine, one of the most beautiful ever performed on the show, and a chance for the pair to do the encore performance they never had a chance to do in last season's finale due to Jessica's injury.

The guys came out next to learn which dancer would be the second person to be in the final four, and after last night's spectacular solo, there was no doubt that Brandon would be safe. (Since the safe dancer was not necessarily the one with the most votes, the producers could have made him wait to find out, just so the audience could see that solo again... but then again, where would be the suspense in that?) Judge Mary Murphy took the opportunity to mention that she believed in Brandon from the start unlike fellow judge Lil' C and choreographer/occasional judge Mia Michaels. Michaels might never live that down, though she does have that Emmy as consolation.

Mark and Chelsie did an encore of the final Emmy-nominated routine, "Bleeding Love" by Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo, a hip-hop number which always brings the house down, and this time was no exception.

Sean Paul came out to perform his latest hit, followed by the exciting announcement by Deeley that next week's season finale would take place in Hollywood's Kodak Theatre, on the same stage where the Academy Awards are presented.

Then, without further ado, Deeley brought out Kayla and Melissa to tell them the news: Kayla would be going to the final four. Melissa appeared to be expecting this, but was quite grateful for the opportunity and had words of encouragement for other ballerinas out there, "naughty" and otherwise.

As for Kayla, it was clear that she had been a judge's favorite, but it has definitely been an uphill battle for her, having been in the bottom two and three so many times this season. At the same time, she clearly shined on Wednesday night, so there was little doubt that the audience would pick up the phone for her.

With five left in the competition, it was time to say goodbye to a guy as well, and Deeley delivered the bad news to Ade.

What do you think? Did America make the right choices for the final four? Whom do you want to see win it all next week?

1. Angie

Melissa's gone ? :-) Although she's a good dancer, her solos were boring and she had the same face all the time (her most memorable was Mia's cancer routine). Kayala -kinda flew under the radar for me but I finally saw her lines (her most memorable was with Jason). Jeanine-has good personality (no memorable dance for me, well mayb that awful Russain dance) Evan- No dancers body but he does remind of me of Gene Kelly and I kinda like his quirky style; it's truly original. Brandon-His solo was flippin ridiculous!!!! .

August 3, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Eskil Tester

It is clear lot of people here leaving comments have no clue what competition dancing is about.
    I agree Ade shoud not have been send home, Evan should have.

However lot of people seem to prefer Kayla, but why?
    Technically she is nowhere close to Jeanine.
    Jeanine is way better then her because of the diversity in styles she gets.
    Kayla is always the same, not exciting.
    However i feel kayla is a fantastic dancer, i am just talking about wich of the 2 is better.
    It is clear either Brandon or Jeanine will win this competition, and to be honest my bet is on Jeanine.
    Brandon will make it without winning the show, Jeanine needs that final push, ey its always the runner up who has more succes then the winner ;)

August 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. J. Georgino

Needs to be down to Kayla and Brandon....should be 1 female winner and one male to be fair.

August 3, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Al

My two favorites are gone, Ade and Jeanette. I really thought Jeanette was going to win it all. The judges loved her and her personality was great. She excelled in every routine she did and it was always memorable.

I can't believe that Evan is in the finale. Not to take anything away from him, he's good at his own style, but thats it. His solo's are boring to watch since he does the same thing over and over and when he dances with a partner or within a group he just doesn't stand out. He's just average when he's out of his element. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but his personality is nothing special. He just doesn't merit a spot in the fianle. Brandon should, I repeat should blow him away, they aren't even in the same league. Lets just hope America gets it right this time.

August 3, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Henry

JabbaWockeeZ were incredible on Thursday night, indeed. As for Evan, as others have stated above, his fanbase appears quite devoted and they certainly get out the vote. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top this week.

August 3, 2009 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Wow, is all I can say

I cannot believe they didn't mention the JABBAWOCKEEZ!!!

August 2, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lori

Ok, my opinion... As a dancer... I can say that all 6 had a chance to go home last week. I love ballet, and Melissa was an amazing dancer, her technique and ability to dance anything should have kept her in for the finale. Now, Kayla is not my favorite for some reason, but her technique and lines are amazing as well. Jeanine is very enjoyable to watch, she has great technique as well, and can do anything she is given. to me any one of those girls can win. side note: Jeanette: she could dance but all of her solos lacked something.. She never impressed me on the solo side. So I was glad to see her go.
    Ade is amazing but I was not totally suprised. I knew it would be between Ade and Evan. Ade is fantastic but again his solos were very repetitive. Evan always stuck to his style for solos, but has stepped up to every challange he was given. I think that since we dont see the contemporary style for solos like Ade and Brandon, people think he is less talented... he is amazingly talented and deserves to be in the finale. Brandon.... that last solo.. brings him the win overall in my opinion. That was the most impressive solo I have seen, and he deserves to take home the gold.
    Ok.. so that was my opinion...:-)

August 2, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Trish

It is really wrong to leave the final judging to the public at such an important time during the eliminations. Why are the "judges" there in the first place? They should be the ones to make the decisions not the public who don't seem to vote for how good the dancer is but only how "cute" or "popular" he/she is. I would hope that the network or the powers that be will make changes in the judging rules. I have followed this show from the beginning and have done some dancing myself; and I would like to see more professionalism in the way the judging is handled.

August 2, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Anne

Frank...oh Frank

Was it really necessary for you to label Ade a "buffoon"?

Why must we distort people and insult who they are? So you had obvious personal issues with him...give the man credit for his dancing skills.

No, you are wrong...he should be in the top two.

What's next? I'm sure in your own home you called him worst..
    sad.

August 2, 2009 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Georgi

Everyone who thought it should have gone to Ade instead of Evan...hope you all voted, because Evan's fans DO!!! And THAT will be what makes any of these wonderful dancers the winner next week. Opinions mean nothing when you don't vote. I'm still torn between them ALL! Each has their own charm and talent.

August 1, 2009 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Janet

I think Evan will win. His surprising performance in the trio number clearly showed that he could keep up with Jason & Ade. If you were to give Jason a number with moves like Evan does "Do you think he would be able to stand out"? No one moved like Gene, Fred and Gower in the musicals. They all three had their own style. So don't put Evan down for his style.

August 1, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rodney

Next week should have been Jeanine,Melissa,Brandon and Ade! Clearly the BEST!!!!! Evan does the same old thing every time! He's not as flexible as Ade or Brandon! It was a huge mistake pairing him with Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!! It's obviously a popularity contest NOT talent! Wouldn't it be GREAT to see Melissa come back next season?

August 1, 2009 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. suzyg20

What you have to remember is this is for America's FAVORITE dancer, which is not always the best dancer.

August 1, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bev

Evan should have gone a long time ago. I think Jason or Ade would and should have been in the top four.
    Hopefully, the final count will come out as it should.
    Either Kayla or Brandon.

August 1, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Liz

I think for sure that brandon will win...My favorit has been brandon and jeanette i was so shocked when she went home i defenitely though she would be standing next to brandon in the end...I also think that evin should have gone home last night, i do really like him but ade should have stayed!!!!

August 1, 2009 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  16. susan bedford

YOU people that say america got it half right, my question to you is what makes YOU think YOU are right? Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it...Just because they don't agree with YOUR opinion doesn't make them wrong...

August 1, 2009 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  17. Monika

I think Ade is better than Evan overall, but America has spoken, I suppose.

P.S. You forgot to talk about how Twitch and Katie came back to perform "Mercy"! That was my favorite part of last night. :)

August 1, 2009 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  18. eva

I don't know what is goin on with America now but the wrong dancers went home last night. Some one please tell me why on earth Evan is still on this show, and why Jeanine is still on here? Evan style is cute but extremely boring after a while and to me he can't seem to keep up with different dance patterns in comparison to Ade and Brandon... these are the two boys that should have been in the final four.

As for the ladies, Melissa I consider to be the most GORGEOUS dancer on that stage. She shows fluency, beauty and simply glides across that stage. Her solos are well choreographed and thought of, whereas Jeanine's solos tend to seem as if she quickly thought about it 5 minutes before performing on stage. Melissa and Kayla should be the two females left and at this point I hope Jeanine leaves the show but Brandon be crowned America's Best Dancer.

July 31, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. moune-moune

I believe that some of you got it right–it's America's favourite, not best dancer–my fav was Janette: she nailed every routine from the get go, so I was really sorry to see her go–Evan is great at Broadway, but isn't an all-rounder–Kayla can follow a routine impeccably, but her solos/choreographies lack umph! Me girls and I were very happy to see Jeanine and Bandon in the finale–We love this show in our household!! We are looking forward to next season and "so you think you can dance Canada"–YAY!!

July 31, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CTEE

I CANNOT BELIEVE Ade is gone! Ade brought a masculinity to all of his dances that was very lacking in this season of men. The strength and power that he brought to his dances will surely be missed.. I am not looking forward to the finale without him. I was also sad to see melissa go.

I will say it like I told my Grandmother... the dance in his underwear saved brandon's life the other night. That 70's routine was SOOO the same routine that that lady choreographs all the time. Brandon is a great dancer but the breifs dance sealed it.

July 31, 2009 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Katie

Every finalist is correct except for Evan. He is way, way out of his league. He's an incredible Broadway dancer but struggles with ever other type of dance. He got in just because America likes him.

July 31, 2009 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Nicole

My 2 favorites (Jeanette & Ade) were voted off. Evan seems sweet, but is not nearly as talented as some of the previously ousted contestants........ Jeanine is my pick for best female dancer and Brandon is my pick for best male dancer.

July 31, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. sarah

it is a contest for America's FAVORITE dancer, when you put the voting in the hands of people who are not trained in dance they will vote for who they like. I enjoy watching Evan more and he doesn't wear that stupid comb in his hair anyway.

July 31, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mary24

The end-of-season voting is following a very similar path as it did last year. Janette deserved to be in the finale, but she was voted off around the same time that Chelsie was last year, even though each were exceptionally strong dancers and season favorites. And once again we have a male dancer who, although he is not the strongest or most consistent, somehow skates through to the finale while better dancers fall by the wayside. I only hope that, like last year, the better of the two top male dancers is the one to come out on top. Go Brandon!!

July 31, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dennis

I suspect that Evan's style appeals to many – brings back the Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly look that many of those voting never saw the old movies. Personally, Ade was a stronger person but I preferred the style of Evan. I also preferred Melissa to Kayla. This is where America didn't get it right- but who knows? People say that Idol is fixed- maybe all of them are. This is all about the ratings. My biggest complaint is that the judges try to influence the vote too much. Mary has never liked Evan- she complains every week. Mia and Mary didn't like Brandon but clearly he touched a nerve in the audience. For this show to survive I think they need to revisit the judges. Mary, Mia are very opinionated and take away from the program.

July 31, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Florinda

I personally love Evan. He is the brigt spot in this season full of contemporary dancers. He has been great. But I have noticed one thing this year – the judges are horribly biased. The have consistently kept the ones in the bottom 3 in and let go of the those they felt were not as worthy. Evan has done well, but the judges comments have repeatedly been bad even when he wasnt. I feel they try to diissuade AMerica from voting for him or others by dong that. I never liked Ade and I really don't like BRandon. I dislike their personalties intensly. I don't think Ade was that great of a dancer. He never took it far – seemed to rest on laurels. Brandon though I admit is a great dancer.

July 31, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Presentacion

Kayla will win! Brandon is good but not that great.

July 31, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  28. KG, TWIN CITIES, MN

Evan is getting by because his solos are good as well as the group routines. Plus, he looks like a fuzzy puppy. I agree, his partnered dances are not up to snuff but a couple have been good. But did he get praise from the judges on them? No, Nigel complained about his eyes or how short he is. The constant battering by the judges is rallying his fans. All in all; however, I'm routing for Janeane.

July 31, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Dancing Watcher...

Ok why is Evan still on the show... I don't get it! Ade should have not gone home no way.... Him and Brandon are amazing. Jeanine, is not my choice and never has been, she comes off as a little annoying and fake with all those silly facial expressions. GO BRANDON!!!!!!

July 31, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Blair

Ade should have been in over Evan. Why do you people keep voting for him? His dancing isn't even half as good as Ade's... On theother hand, it doesnt matter b/c Brandon is the best guy dancer anyways but I have a feeling that one of the firls will win.

July 31, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mark

it's Americas Favorite dancer..not best dancer

July 31, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. KevinPS

I think Brandon will win, but my favorite is still Kayla. She's been phenomenal in each and every routine. Brandon can take my breath away with his skills; Evan is charming; Jeanine is competent; but Kayla is disarmingly brilliant every single week. I will vote for her over and over. I hope the rest of America will, too.

July 31, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Munotte

Always looking forward to ee this show every week for the past 2 years and must say that only this season that a dancer is almost been thrown out (if they could) even before they got the viewer's vote by show's judges esp Mary & Nigel..and critics .
    Am referring to Evan, and its always awesome to see how his fan base always save him to still be in the competition.
    Thought Evan really is the only male dancer that has the cinematic appeal to the audience combine with his ability to deliver other style of dancing apart from his comfort zone,Broadway .
    Wish Evan a luck though it would be a real drag since he is being
    pick on because of his stature....he is short!

Hope Evan will win to bring other aspect of personality & grace in dancing!

July 31, 2009 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Andrea

So lets be realistic here people.. the issue with Ade, Evan and Melissa is that they all keep their performances in their comfort zone (their style of dance). Honestly every solo any of them do is a repeat of the previous weeks. They never change things up. I mean we know what they can do, the point is to see if they can adapt, grow and expand their style of dance and abilities. Yeah they can learn choreography but can they absorb what they learn and incorporate it.

July 31, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Stephen S

Evan is safe because America's teenage girls find him more attractive. I hate it too, but it's the truth. The "cute ones" typically last longer.

July 31, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mouse

America stop making it a popularity contest and vote on the talent. The show is called So You Think You Can Dance... Not who I feel sorry for. Melissa and Outstanding dancer with you unique qualities however. Jeanne and Kelly are the better dancer's technically. Evan he's a one dimentional dancer and shoud have been sent home last night. I'm sure he's knows he's only there because of the sympathy vote. Ade a much better dancer "Hands DOWN"

Brandon what can I saw except "AMAZING" He's really the best dancer of the all and really deserves the win. What an exceptional talent. America do the right thing next week.

July 31, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Laura

What's the big deal with Kayla? Her solos are boring and I don't think she brings personality or originality to her dances. I just don't get what the big deal is with her.

I've adored Brandon since Day 1; I'm thrilled he's in the final and I bet he wins!

I'll miss Melissa's grace. I think it should have been her and Jeanine in the final.

July 31, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Ashleigh

I predict Evan will win and the best dancer of this season, Brandon, will place second. Once again, I will be crying into my take-out dinner as I watch the season finale.

July 31, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Maeve

I thought Ade was robbed. He is an amazing dancer. I don't get the Evan fan club. He's sweet of course, but not the dancer Ade is. For me the Top 4 would have been Melissa, Ade, Brandon and Kayla. I hope Kayla wins. She is awesome.

July 31, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Alex

To say that America got it wrong would be terribly unfair. First off, Brandon has been the producer's choice from the very beginning, and he deserves to be so. When they openly announce that Brandon put on the best solo EVER, it says that they are openly telling everyone to vote for Brandon.

Evan is another story. He's the little engine that could. Is he the best dancer on the show? No, but he's entertaining, something that this season has been lacking over last season.

To say Evan can not dance anything other than Broadway means that Peter clearly did not see the Sonia number where Evan not only kept up with Brandon and Ade but surpassed them. And Tyce's performance of Send in the Clowns had Evan not making it back to the box showed me that he's the outsider looking to get in.

And if Kris Allen has shown us anything, it's that America will always vote for the underdog.

Is Evan the best dancer? Not compared to Brandon. But this is a show were personality goes a long way. And Brandon hasn't shown personality aside from his "Oh gosh" smile. I expect Brandon to take it, which he deserves, but America got this one right. Brandon vs. Evan, Jeanine vs. Kyla. Gonna be a fun finale.

July 31, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Carol W.

I have enjoyed seeing the performances from past seasons, since I had not seen most of them before. I wish that Jenet had been in the finale. She has the best personality of all of the contestants, and is the most talented female. Among Melissa, Kayla, and Jeanine, any one of them could have been the winner. I liked Melissa's solo on Wednesday more than any she has ever done, although she and Evan did not have much chemistry in their performances together. Kayla and Jeanine were both great. I think that Evan can do the lifts as well as most of the other dancers, but he has not excelled in any of the styles other than broadway. I like broadway, and I loved all of his solos, so that’s good for me. Ade has had some outstanding performances and deserved to be in the finale as much as Evan did. Maybe Evan's personality won over the voters.

July 31, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. CC

I agree, Evan should have definitley been kicked off over Ade. Moer importantly, I can't believe this article did not give props to the actual highlight of the show which was the Jabawockies absolutely sick performance.

July 31, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Cosmobookin

Evan is so even – boring, but he must appeal to some group. Why is he still on the show? I really like to watch Jeanine dance. She connects so well with the audience and loves to perform. Jeanine needs to really step up her solo next week. The one she did two weeks ago was wonderful. Brandon is amazing, but I would like to see either Brandon or Jeanine win.

July 31, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Frank

I meant the pairing of Evan and Andy...Brandon is Great with everyone and anyone he's paired with!!

July 31, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Barb

I think if there had not been the heart-tugging cancer performance that there would have definitely been different results by now... and I agree, as much as I do enjoy Evan, he just is not that rounded of a performer.

July 31, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. BJ

Melissa's solo on Wednesday was very weak, and she was hurt by being paired up with Evan. Evan should have been voted out WEEKS ago. It will be painful to watch him in the matchup with Brandon, as there's nothing Evan could do, to make him look even remotely competent against him. If it doesn't go to Brandon, then I hope it goes to Kayla.

I hope in the next season (coming soon, to a Fox channel near you), they don't bring in Evan's brother, and start this whole process over again with the "Will he be able avenge his brother's ousting, and take the crown?" undertone.

July 31, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Frank

All I can say is THANK GOD ADE IS GONE GONE GONE!! I couldn't stand that Stupid Smirky Pik wearing Bufoon!! he was so Freaking Annoying!! I'm Thrilled that Brandon is still in there as well as Evan!! The best pairing of Brandon was him and Andy!! I wish she was still in the running, even though I do like Kayla.

July 31, 2009 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Marbar

I was glad that America could see that Evan has real dancing talent. Ade is not at all light on his feet. He can lift women, shake his hips, and do acrobatics, but he has been sloppy and heavy on his dance steps. Honestly, he rode Melissa for a long time. Evan may be short, but he is versatile and powerful.

That said, neither comes even close to Brandon, who has shined in nearly every dance, every genre, with every partner. He is my pick for the best dancer.

As for the women, both dancers left are excellent. Jeanine shows tremendous power, but Kayla should grace and beautiful lines. She has also done well in the unusual routines, as well as the more traditional.

July 31, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. marina

i was very disappointed in the results of the show i really wanted ada to be in top 4 he deserved it much more than evan.sorry but so true..and jeanette should have not went home she should have been top 4!!! MELISSA should have went home last week ..sorry to say that as well..i like her but there are other dancers that i saw that didnt deserve to go home before she did..ok ok and KAYLA im not a real big fan of her dont know why honestly ..she has awesome line of course!!! but im bored with her. the winner will be BRANDON! he by far is the best shows great strength and is an awesome dancer!! i cant wait to see the top 10 on tour!! yes yes yes !!!

July 31, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. clove

Kayla is the favorite because she can dance the best! She has the looks and the moves to be a great dancer!

July 31, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Sjohonson

I felt like bth Ade, Melissa ,Kyla and Brandon should have been the to four contestants. They were awesome pretty much the whole season. America got it half right. Melissa and Ade should have been in the finals next week. But, I didn't vote on Wednesday because I fell asleep so I can't complain. Melissa should not hold her head down because she is amazing. Loved her from the get and girlfriend can dance!

July 31, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Pam K

Why is it that Evan's name doesn't appear once in this article? Whether you think he deserves to be in the Top 4 or not, the other five contestants were mentioned by name, why leave him out?

July 31, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mark Richards

What is wrong with America's voting dance fans? I'll tell you, voting for Evan instead of Ade! Though Evan is clearly talented, Ade is far superior to him. This has been so obvious with Ade's every routine. This exactly what happened to Adam Lambert when Kris Allen beat him out on American Idol. It seems that true talent takes a back seat to somebody liking someone for their own personal reasons. This is O.K. except during a talent contest, a contestant should be judged on their ability and nothing else!

July 31, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  54. bobbie

I am soooo glad Melissa went home. I liked her dancing, just did not like her

July 31, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. cindy

Well, I think all of them are such talented dancers and they all seem to have great personalities! I would have chosen Ade over Evan but Evan presents as the only non-contemporary dancer so I think that's why he's still there- variety! But I like him too. My favorite has and always will be Jeanine then Brandon! I will be happy if any of them win though!

July 31, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. tricia

you left out what made the show very interesting, the jabawockeez! Awesome performance! They need recognition!

July 31, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  57. theone

worst mistake ever to let missy go she was great from the beginning my husband and myself always pick a guy and a girl who we want to win and i picked her and brandon, brandon is the best dancer on that show and he shows it every week. ada should have still been on also evan is not a good dancer. he is weak dont have a dancer body and is boring to watch if brandon dont win this thing is rigged. if kayla wins I KNOW ITS RIGGED

July 31, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Wow

Ade and Brandon whould have been the final guys and Jeanine and Jenette should have been the final girls. If Evan wins, this show really does suck.

July 31, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Erika H

Although Brandon is the best of the Best dancer its Americas most favorite dancer. Thats why I chose Janine she not only can dance but she has such great presence I just love her personality. As far as Evan he should have been gone when they let Jason go I mean he does his thing but its the same thing so it get boring. I dont know what America be thinking. Brandon will go on and do great things because he is an unbelievable dancer.

July 31, 2009 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Leslie

I think Brandon will win it all. If not I think Kayla has a good chance. Even though I like Jeanine, I don't think she is as good of a dancer as Kayla. Kayla has killed every single performance this season and did it strongly. There have ben a few routines where Jeanine was a little shaky. Ade should have been in the final four instead of Evan!

July 31, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Adrianne

I'm surprised that Evan was chosen over Ade. While he's very good in the "Broadway" style, his other attempts, I felt, were less than stellar. I was also very surprised that the young lady from Miami was voted off since she was absolutely wonderful. Other than that, I think they're getting it right. Brandon is the one to beat.

July 31, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Kim Smith

I would like to see Brandon win. He deserves it.

July 31, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mary

Some of the greatest dancers of all times (Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire) couldn't do what Brandon and Ade can do, but they had charisma. Evan might not be as technically as good as Brandon, but he has enough charisma to put him comfortably in the top 4. Congratulations, Evan, I think you're awesome.

July 31, 2009 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  64. chris

ADE SHOULD OF STAYED EVAN WAS THE ONE TO GO

July 31, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  65. Cheree

Ade was the wrong pick to go....
    Evan is NOT the stronger dancer...
    I don't get it.....
    Evan has come a long way--but Ade has it hands down over Evan....
    don't get it at ALL!

July 31, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  66. VICKI

ANY OF THE DANCERS IN THE FINAL 20, ARE AWESOME. THEY HAVE TO PERFORM ANY NUMBER OF DIFFERENT STYLES, AND DO THEM WELL, IT'S FASCINATING TO WATCH THEM. SOMETIMES THEY DON'T PERFORM OUTSTANDING, BUT PERFORMANCES NEVER LEAVE ANYONE COMPLETE DISSATISFIED, THEY ARE TO BE COMMENDED FOR THE ABILITY TO GO FROM CLASSICAL TO HIPHOP, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

July 31, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  67. Peter R

Did America seriously pick Evan over Ade? The guy does the same thing over and over again, can never get a routine right and now in the finally, the routines will have to be toned down cause he CANT lift a girl and he Cant dance anything other than broadway!

July 31, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  68. Wendy

America DID NOT get it right, Melissa should have stayed on, hands down! She has the best personality and was the best dancer this season! Huge mistake! Bummer! Wonder what Mia Michaels is thinking now about Brandon?? Hey any one can be wrong!

July 31, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  69. Oli

I believe that America got it wrong ... Jeanine should've gone home last night instead of Melissa. If America would go back and watch their performances, they would see that Melissa is a better performer and a dancer. Melissa's solos are far superior than Jeanine, who I find very boring on her solo with nothing to really show.

As far as the guys, I believe and hope that this season belongs to Brandon .... that young man is by far the best male dancer this season .... wactch his solo routine and you will be amazed ....

July 31, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  70. paula

brandon needs to win
    or kayla

July 31, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  71. Kate

Evan is WAY out of his league. I have been waiting for the last several weeks for America to put him out of his misery and send him packing. While he has a great personality, he does not deserve to be in the final four. Both Jason and Ade were much more talented. As for a winner, I am rooting for Jeanine. While Janette was my original favorite– Jeanine is the only one left that is an amazing dancer AND has an amazing personality. I'll be voting for her until lines close!

July 31, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |