July 29th, 2009

Whitney Houston moves up release

Whitney Houston's much-anticipated album has a new release date that's earlier than previously planned, while others stars like Mariah Carey and Lil Wayne are moving their album release dates back. Plus Ben Affleck will be doing double duty by directing and starring in the romantic thriller "The Town." CNN's Douglas Hyde has more on these tidbits in today's buzz:

Filed under: movies • Music

Next entry »
  1. pennyrose11

Alright! Ms Houston, bring it own!! Its about time. I have been waiting soooo long for you to get it together and bring the music back. And don't you worry all of your fans have been standing by waiting in the wings for you. I already know your gonna be bettter than everrrrrr!!!

August 1, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Marshall

We need Whitney's talent because we have none out there now. These young people are spending money on concerts and CDs to hear garbage. Thank God we got someone back that can sing for real and don't have to hum and yell during the song to make up for the lack of a voice. We need to keep American Idol around so we can get some real singers.

July 31, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. c

if twitney spears can have a comeback, why not whitney. at least whitney has REAL talent..so she may not be able to dance, but she has a real singing talent, and in my opinion that is what matters.. any twit can strut around half naked and rake in sales, sad to say. i hope whitney does real well w/ her comeback, she has the talent and the legit singing talent to do so, she looks like she has cleaned up beautifully..and deserves a 2nd chance.. best of luck whitney.

July 30, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. britney

Whitney your beautiful than ever. Im glad your back you have been missed. Im looking forward to your new album hoping to be full of excitement. Great come up....

July 30, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. christine from newark nj

LOVE YOU WHINEY I'VE BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS! I WANTTO DANCE WITH SOMEBOBY I USE TO JUMP AROUND WITH YOU ON THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MANY MORE IS CLASSICS SO I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

July 30, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. christine

Ms.Whitney........ I'm so HAPPY that your new album is Dropping an i can't wait i heard the new song and I like it!!!!!!!!! I hear all the haters Saying crackis whack yeah you said that but GOD helped youget over that so please be Strong and Brush them HATERS OFF.

July 30, 2009 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. SHERYL

CONGRATS, TO WHITNEY WE ALL GO THROUGH THINGS BUT ONE THINGS FOR SURE THE WORD OF GOD SAID THAT HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US.....GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK WHITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 30, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. karen

Whitney, i have really missed you. I am so glad that God prevailed over it all. I can't wait to get your new album. God Bless You

July 30, 2009 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Adaora Oragunye

I am really pleased that she has picked up the pieces and moved on with her life. Have always been a big fan of Whitney's and would continue to wish her well. Should get the album when it is released, hopefully it would be worth it.

July 30, 2009 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. lauratheresa

Whitney is clean & sober now.God gives many second chances.She is talented & we should all wish her well.No more judging–enjoy the music !! Peace

July 30, 2009 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  11. esther

she has realised her mistakes and she is ready to make up 4 those past years.....who re we to judge her.....witney inspire me alot and she still does ...i love her and i believe we should support her nw that she is alive than judging her............lots of luck

July 30, 2009 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. Marilyn

It is an absolute honour to have Whitney Houston back, at long last we have good music again on the airways, the rapping and cushing was really getting to me. I wish her all the best on her new Album.

We love you Whitney, hope to see you tour in South Africa?

July 30, 2009 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. Rosanna

long awaited. whitney your music is just superb. it touches my soul.
    congratulations on your courageous come back. you are the BEST.

July 30, 2009 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. eric

what r u talking about? she had choices? No way! she was sleep and unconsious for all those years. Poor thing! Then there shouldn be a talk of choices then, right?

July 30, 2009 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  15. igor

thanks god Whitney is back!!!!!! what an event!!!! we have been waiting for you, Whitney for so long, it is all so overdue... you have to take your throne!!!!!!! your voice is a Stradivarius among regular violins, remember?
    we salute your courage and strength.......congratulations!!!!
    it will be a greatest comeback ever in music history!!!!!!

OUR VOICE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 29, 2009 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MikeHunt

It's the much anticipated "Crack is Whack" album!!

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Karen

Whitney missed you already. I always believed you would be back, and I will buy your CD. Thank you for gracing us all again, with you beautiful voice and style. Lots of luck. K

July 29, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. A. I. Sepulveda

she had a great career but decided to flush it down the toilet, can't blame her ex, she had choices too, but there is something she lost in
    the process, hopefully she will spend the rest of her life making it up
    to her pricious daughter. Beside trying to get back what she lost when she decided to live a life of drugs.

July 29, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Carlos

I will not be buying or supporting Ms. Houston. The last two albums were awful and I think she has lost the appeal. Why support someone's drug habit! I'm not!

July 29, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Beth

Forget this stinker. I've heard a song and Houston have a five note range, if that. She talked more than warbled and pathetic doesn't describe it. Her years of drug abuse ruined her voice and it's over for her. If you think crack is whack and your voice isn't going to suffer, guess what! Not so! Whitney destroyed her voice and it was her choice.

July 29, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. usedtaloveher

I heard one of the new tracks. The very first line is "Akon and Whitney." Why must every artist have a producer featured on every new song? All that this says to me is the music industry is nothing more than a marketing engine. Stick to a formula, and hope some company decides to use the song in a commercial.

July 29, 2009 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. gihadone

she is moving up the release date, right on the heals the death of michael jackson.
    mariah carey and lil wayne have it right, moving their release dates back. not a wise move by clive davis. his time has passed too.

July 29, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. bobbieb

i just listened to the title track on her website.

it is amazingly a weak song for a title track.

all the best though.

July 29, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. habitforming

she was a great voice. was.

July 29, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. divafriendly

She had it all and lost it all and wants it all but can't have it all.

that's all.

July 29, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. super d

She is ready to return to her roots, lots of money and a soon to be discovered new drug habit to compliment her ruined life of what could have been during the last 10 years. A bad boob job didn't help things either. You go girl, please do!

July 29, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. robert washington

hey whitney i love you and i always have you are a great lady and i love you so much...my name is robert and i wish you the best. i use to drive around with your picture on my dash and wish you were my wife...

July 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Big Time

Whitney, you are still one of the best vocalists to have ever walked this earth! You always knew God so I never doubted you would be back. YEAH BABY! GO AHEAD GIRL, GIVE IT TO 'EM!!!

July 29, 2009 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. BallyWhooo

Yeah, I'm all about 2nd chances. She's got an amazingly great voice. I'd like to hear more from her.

July 29, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sharon

Whitney Houston's Album 'look to You" is on Amazon .com Best sellers list it is at #3 on amazon.com Top music sellers list after Michael Jackson albums.
    I predict it will hit #1 by next week. Congrats to Whitney Houston again. I predict it should also debute at 31 on Billboard's Top 200 chart at #1 pretty soon.....

July 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Sarahy

Thank god she left Bobbie Brown and could focus on her career again and make good music .......she's one of the best !!!!!!

July 29, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Joyce

Whitney,

The best is yet to come. Keep up the good work and don't let anything stop you from going forth into greatness. Show em how it's done!

July 29, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. PAT PAUL

,,,Whitney, it is great to have you back,we missed you.

July 29, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. MEG

Whitney, it's been a long time coming. I am so excited you are back and as beautiful than ever!

July 29, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jean Harris

Whitney , Congratulations! I'm so happy you are back. I love your music. Can't wait for the new album.

July 29, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Felecia

Whitney,

You showed them once, show them you can do it again. You go girl!

July 29, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Tracy

Bring it on Whitney – can't wait to se u back on top showing the youngsters that is about the voice and not about shaking ur behind and running around stage half dressed. Be blessed......

July 29, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Joy

Yeah Whitney, come on honey, I am ready.

July 29, 2009 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. O.H

I say congrats to Miss. Houston for a great recovery on her life and career.

July 29, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |