July 27th, 2009

'Entourage': One car, two car, red car...

Dear friends and loved ones,

If I don’t receive a Ferrari AND a Porsche for my next birthday, I'll know you don't really care about me.

Love,
Dereyck

I really think I'm catching on to this season's formula. Basically, episode 3 of "Entourage" sought to connect us to Turtle, similar to last week's episode focusing on Eric.

It was a closer look at the Turtle world within Vince's world. First of all, the shot of his closet gave me goosebumps. And to answer your question, yes. Yes, I was screaming like a little girl when he opened the door and revealed the shoe compartment resembling his own private "Sneaker-Macy's". Hands over my mouth? Indeed. Verklempt you say? Certainly.

turtle

Next, the disrespect Turtle endured from both his mother (from the salon) and 50 Cent (from the convertible Rolls Royce) only fueled more fandom. I was openly rooting for Turtle like I knew him, and those luxury cars (cars plural, as in "TWO") he received as gifts couldn't have gone to a nicer guy. I think I actually slapped myself five when he got the second one.

However, the BEST moment of the episode came via who else? Ari Gold.

Ari's impromptu lecture to Turtle may seem typical, but after a quick rewind on the Tivo, I heard the detail in this sermon that climaxed with his sincere lament of his fear of having to give the exact same speech to his son, "which wouldn't help him and he'd just end up doing heroin on the street with the two Coreys." It was hilarious, thoughtful dialogue and killer word-play delivered per his usual. But more than that, I was glad to see Ari's emergence as a sage to Eric and Turtle.

Since all is in perfect balance in the universe, be sure to tune in to next week's episode as the predicted Andrew Klein implosion should be front and center.

Loved it? Kinda liked it? Hated it? Tell us your thoughts on this week's episode of "Entourage."

« Previous entry
  1. sugamartini

LOVE LOVE LOVE Entourage! My boyfriend got me hooked last season and now I have seen every episode except this one, now after reading this I will definately go home and watch
    BTW...
    LMFAO @ Gary! What would you have done if someone had answered?

July 29, 2009 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. Chantal

Great show :)

July 28, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gary

Great episode. Ditto on everything already said. Here is my piece: When Charlie's mom called E's phone, there was a close-up of his Blackberry, and it listed a legit number, not a '555' number. It said "Charlie's Mom (Work)" then beneath it, the number "14242643019". This HAS to be a significant phone number in LA. Nothing on Google, and no other rumlbings I can find. I must admit, I have atttempted to call it a number of times today, but it goes straight to voice mail with the default operator voice repeating the number of the Sprint PCS subscriber; there is no personalized greeting. ARGGHH!!!!!

July 27, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Brooke

I've only seen a few episodes of Entourage, and my favorite character was Turtle. This write up makes me want to go watch it online now to see what I missed

Two cars??? Very cool :-)

July 27, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tara

I'm glad that they are focusing more attention this year on the other characters. I have LOVED turtle from the get-go and wanted to see him have more storyline than just talking about POT and as a comic relief/foyle in the story! I LOVE his relationship with Jamie-Lynn and have this seems to be a LOVE Story not a "sex" story as it has been in the past! They truly seem like a GREAT pair both on and off screen. Frankly, I'm getting sick (physically) of Vince and his over the top sex-crazed self-righteous self absorbed persona! It urkes me now! I keep finding myself saying "WHY does THIS guy deserve an Entourage! They could BOOT Vince (like they booted Charlie) and still have the show succeed because of these amazing guys! LOVE ARI! Never disappoints. I think we need to see more of Turtle and his future! But I understand TV enough to realize that even with this Turtle story last night was just an ARC episode! Greater things are to come!!

July 27, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David

This is such a great show!!! I loved Ari's moments with both Turtle and Eric. Still makes me laugh out loud every time and one of my favorite shows.... another hit from HBO.

July 27, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. carla

LOVED IT! i want a couple of turtle's closets, and both cars :) its exciting to see HBO/Entourage finally giving Turtle a more substantial storyline then him just having to ride on everyone's coat tails. Kodo's!! long over due but worth the wait!

July 27, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |