July 20th, 2009

Entourage: Episode 2 – 'Amongst Friends'

Let’s get right to it. Last week, a few of you spoke on the error of my ways, and I need to issue a retraction of the season-opening blog where I spoke of my disdain for Eric's ex-girlfriend-turned-buddy Sloan. People, I got it wrong. From her appearance at Eric's new apartment, to her stunning reveal on the red carpet, I'm officially "alright" with Sloan as of this episode and I plan to take it one show at a time. I’m a changed man.

Entourage

Now that I've made peace with that, lets get to the episode.

Lloyd's "100 days project" is well underway. He seems determined to survive by eating just one grape per hour each day for the 100 days. Wait...What? One grape per hour? Say that to yourself a few times, and let it really sink in. "One – grape – per – hour." Don't get any ideas folks, and do NOT try that at home. I do NOT approve that message.

My episode highlights were the explanation of the one-word name "just Turtle," like "Madonna" by Med' Soprano (do I have to call her Jamie Lynn Sigler?) Also, who could forget Drama's date for the premiere, who seemed priceless-ly "loose" here and there. And then there's Eric, whose love life is totally awkward and woefully disjointed, but I admit, I'm interested. "Who's the child with the bad attitude?" Well played Sloan. Well played indeed.

Last up: the crash and burn update. My “spidey” senses were tingling in last week's blog, and Andrew Klein is in fact on his way to implosion. Both his shifty actions and the introduction of Mrs. Klein (played by Jami Gertz) are proof positive that the storm's o' comin'.

Keep watching...Next week's episode should be a good one as our beloved Turtle (just...Turtle - one word) straps himself in for a wild ride on the self-esteem train.

Loved it, hated it, or just kinda neither? Tell us your thoughts on this week's episode below.

1. Bill Bartmann-

Cool site, love the info. I do a lot of research online on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks,

A definite great read...

– Bill Bartmann

September 13, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Corey

The show is setting the stage for the entire season. Vinny's back on the scene. Turtle is a headed for the crossroads with his hot actress girlfriend. And Drama, is just being Drama. But the big nailbiter is Sloan and the powerful hold she has on E. You have to admit it, she's got game!

July 21, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. EM

Finally saw the episode...umm first I want to say that I need a one-on-one with the person who did the casting for the "child with the bad attitude". She appeared far too young to be playing any love interest on Entourage and doesn't measure up to the aesthetic profile of all the other women...In my opinion part of the appeal of the show is seeing men who don't deserve hot chicks get the hot chicks...enter Ashley...FAIL! she's waif thin and has to be all of 17 years old in real life...she irritated me...like a serious taint chafing irritation...

On to Andrew...ahh the downward spiral...side chicks at work, the classic catalyst to explosions and implosions...can't wait...and we all know Mrs. Gold will blame Ari...this will be fun...

I love Ari...he's really the reason that I watch the show..."i wanted you to be friends not siamese" ...well you know the rest...best line of the episode...if/when Entourage disappears from the tele can we be sure to give Ari a spinoff show? or at the very least can we get a coffee table book of ari-isms (pay attentino HBO) yes that would suffice

July 21, 2009 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ken

Retraction, refraction, distraction-I still don't like Sloan, hot or not!

July 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Malia

Is it just me or did little Ashley look frighteningly anorexic and totally scary sick? I can't imagine what she looks like in real life. Horrifying!

July 20, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David

I absolutely loved this show!!! The loose girl slept with Seth Rogen was priceless. I find myself wanting this show to last an hour!!! So funny!!!

July 20, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Megan

I thought it was a pretty good episode. It's nice when not all the attention is always focused on Vince. Especially during his premiere.. Turtle got a chance to shine by showing up on the Red carpet with Jamie Lynn.
    The scenes between Ari and Lloyd are as funny as ever. Ari always lets his temper control his life at work. Didnt think an employer was allowed to involve personal matters like weight with business at work. But I guess its some what part of the industry Lloyd works in..The grape scenes were hilarious!

Sloan's defintely playing with Eric.. coming from a girl. She has her reasons for having him move into that place.. And its funny to see with Eric, just like any of us that have been there..If you cant have the one you want you go to the next best thing..Even if it is someone like Ashley thats young and annoying..lol

July 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Gabriel Griffin

All in all, it was a good episode...this is still one of the few shows that I actually follow in real time and Lord willing, set aside my Sunday evenings for it.

July 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jim-bob

I thought this week's episode was great. Glad to see Vince is finally back on his feet and that E made the right choice in deleting the text on the way to Ashley's (the child with the bad attitude's) house.

July 20, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alan

I don't get the whole lets just be friends bit between Eric and Sloan. I get that Sloan is hot. Really Hot. But Eric is trying to tell himself it is just a freindship and then gets all heated when he sees Sloan talking to another guy.
    I think they are trying to turn Eric into a "real guy", but they just don't want to let go of the little boy that is new at love.

July 20, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |