July 15th, 2009

Angelina vs. Jennifer, round 18

Poor Jennifer Aniston.  She just can't seem to get out of the shadow of her romantic rival, Angelina Jolie.

Recently, Forbes magazine ranked her as the 8th most powerful celebrity.  Not bad, right?  But then the magazine ranked Angelina #1 (to make matters worse, Forbes said Angelina also edged Jennifer in earnings in the past year–$27 million vs. $25 million).

Now comes a new poll that pits (okay, bad choice of verbs) Jennifer vs. Angelina in a popularity contest.   In the survey, conducted by E-Poll for WEtv network, almost 900 women between the ages of 18-49 were asked who they liked most between Angelina, Jennifer, Paris Hilton, Natalie Portman and Diane Sawyer.

Angelina came in first with 49 percent.  Jennifer ranked second at 36-percent.   At least she beat Paris (6 percent).

Angie beats Jen in another poll released by Heat magazine (never heard of that 'zine).   This one reportedly asked fans (presumably female)  whose body they envied most.   Angelina came in fifth, Jennifer sixth.  "Transformers" hottie Megan Fox took the top spot.

At least Aniston can take solace in this: Forbes ranked her above ex-husband Brad Pitt on its power list.  He came in at #9, just behind Jen.

1. JaxAngel

Jen had what she wanted and she screwed it up! She is such an ugly and selfish person! Angie and Brad are such wonderful, inspiring people and thank god they do what others (In Hollywood and everywhere else) won't!

November 8, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mindy

Who says AJ and JA are romantic rivals? Hm....seems to me JA is smiling a lot more these days. AJ never seems truly happy in pictures or in interviews.....I think I know who got the last laugh! Brad who? oh thats right he isn't even his own person anymore.

August 12, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Debra

It is not only Brad Pitt that has set an example for American men in general. IT IS the NORM for men in general to cheat on their other half. If she is not beautiful enough, not slim enough, not making HIM happy enough and list goes on and on, etc..

I have read horror stories of women finding out they have contracted AIDS due to cheating husbands. To average Americans, Hollywood has promoted the downfall of the American family and Brad and Angie are a sick, fake, representation of all that should be holy and good in the eyes of God and man.

July 20, 2009 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ellie

Are we forgetting that it's not these women at issue?

Regardless of opinion on which of these superficial actresses is better, and yes I find it hard to find that someone with great wealth should be celebrated for their tax deductible donations, the fact is the Brad Pitt could have ended his marriage before he slept around. So what if you think Angelina is pretty, the guy has no sense of commitment or family values. And I talk about the type of values that incorporate honestly, fidelity, trust, faith and decency, not some dictate in the bible.

So pretty women who starve themselves and got lucky enough to be in the right place and the right time are criticized but some cheating bastard is glorified? Good way to think! Seriously let's celebrate people with moral integrity, not someone who can sleep around.

July 19, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kay

HEY ALL. DONT PUT YOUR MOUTHS ON JENNIFER. REMEMBER IT WAS HER HUSBAND BRAD,AND ANGIE THAT COMMITED ADULTRY.
    LAY BLAME WHERE BLAME GOES. PRAY FOR THEM.

July 19, 2009 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. K. Brennan

Do you think they really care where they come in ,in the polls. Who's prettiest, who makes the most money. What a life we all have if that's all we have to read up on.

July 18, 2009 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. Rican

Thank you "NELLS"! You got it right for only being 20 years old. I'm 34 and I totally agree with you. Come on people are you serious. We need more 20 year old like "Nell" out there. Grow up!

July 17, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Vivian

If you have a dog and you do not feed it, it will go out to eat. Brad Pitt did not find what he wanted at home so he went out. Jennifer's lose was Angelina's gain and God has blessed their relationship with those beautiful children. CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING TO EVERY RELATIONSHIP, and if it is the nanny taking care of them or Angelina, they belong to her and Brad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nells

Ok..Guys er people seriously..It's Hollywood you can't expect anything else from there. You know i took a class in college and there my professor said that people worry like 80% of the time all the time when the real things that they actually should be worrying about or if they were worrying about important things in life that make sense it would only 8% percent. gosh, just stop polluting your brains with all these crazy POINTLESS debates that wont get you anywhere!!! Geez im 20 years old i have more brain than some people UP There!!! i mean in the tops!! GROW UP!

July 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dame Agnes

There is no comparing these two. Any rivalry is fabricated by the media who love to keep the fictitious conflict alive. No one else with a brain cares. Case in point:

Angelina: Oscar winning actress, humanitarian, supports cause for displaced refugees via UN ambassadorship, writes poignant articles for Time magazine & the Economist, raising 6 children, co-chairs a foundation that supports numerous worthy causes & supports partner in efforts to re-build New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Jennifer Aniston: Starred in a goofy TV show, makes romantic comedies that bomb (because she's too old & not a gifted actress) & she lays in the sun & tans.

No comparison.

July 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jamie

I think it's low how people are making comments about their personal lives when they dont know them. If someone scrutinized your dating records like you are doing with these women, I can guarantee that it wouldnt look so good either. Dont act like you know these people or act like you know the dynamics of their relationships...

July 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

Jennifer Aniston got messed up and should have gone for counseling when her parents divorced. Whatever happened had a critical impact in her life. Now she is looking for love in all the wrong places.

This young lady and it's not just publicity has been tied to more men than the age of the Mona Lisa.

July 16, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jazmin

Why don't we do a poll on "who is a lady" or "who doesn't steal someone else's husband" or better yet "who has higher morals and standards." Jennifer Aniston would be the winner by a landslide.

July 16, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Valerie

I like Both Angelina and Jen, but I don't think what Angelina did was right. Getting involved with a married man and sneaking around behind the wife's back is not right. Ultimately she was responsible for the divorce of Brad and Jen, it's unfortunate that since this happened years ago, people have forgotten. However this can be very hard to get over for Jen, and I feel sorry for her and wish her the best.

July 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sondra

I see no comparisan. ANGELINA has her beat in EVERY respect. Angelina is truly beautiful, exotic looking AND very humble and cares about more important things than who's she's wearing. Jennifer is just a typical cutsy, skinny blond. NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT!!!!! And Megan Foxx?? OH PLEASE!!!!!! SHE'S A NO TALENT, ANGELINA WANNABEE!!!!!!!!!

July 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Corey

Well, in Hollywood I'm sure Angelina does tower above Jennifer. However, Jennifer seems more down to earth. It does seem like we're comparing apples to oranges. I think Jennifer is more likeable.

July 16, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Anne

You (me included) are all just playing into what the media wants...people to Blog about it. THEY are the ones creating this "so called" competition. It is really pathetic what it says about America. They (actors) are all over paid and we are losing fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters in the middle east, isn't that more important?

July 16, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Roz

Live and Let Live – enjoy the show ;-)

July 16, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Lindsey

Go Team Aniston! Love Jen, she is the best! How did Jolie go from wearing a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood around her neck to raising children? Geez, scary.

July 16, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mazy

To all of you people who want to down Jennifer Anniston GET A LIFE!!! Angelina Jolie showed her true colors when she pursued a man that was in a relationship. I don't have any respect for Angelina or Brad!! Jennifer Aniston is a great actress and I am sure she is just as annoyed as I am that she is being compared to a tramp like Angelina. Angelina is not pretty at all and if anyone needs therapy its her. How could anyone find a woman attractive that would kiss her brother so passionatly on television...EWWWW!!! I love how people think she is being a mother to those children. I am sure it is the nanny who is really the mother to those children. I believe she adopted those kids to gain favor in the eyes of the public and not to be a devoted mother to 6 children. There are so many children in "this" country that need a loving home how about them. Oh wait it is chic in Hollywood to adopt children from other countries. Children are not accessories people!!!!

July 16, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. Josephine

Angelina Jolie did not break Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt up. If Brad was truly in love with Jennifer, Angelina could not have come between them. It is about time people leave Angelina alone to take care of her children with Brad Pitt right beside her. They have beautiful children and I wish them all the Love and happiness they deserve.

July 16, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sue

Angelina is a homewrecker and plain old weird. Who makes out with their brother and wears blood around their neck? 6 children are easy when you have multiple nannies. Do you REALLY think she gets up with them each night, cooks for them, dresses them, takes them places all on her own? She has people for that.

Brad did Jennifer a favor when he left. He obviously didn't value the solid, smart and attractive woman he had so he moved on to the mess that is Angelina. Don't let her "humanitarian" efforts fool you. It is all an act.

On another note, I used ot be a fan of Brad but after what he did I have really lost interest in anything he does.

July 16, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. Elizabeth

GQ pic of Jen was stunning. Eat your scrawny heart out ,Angie. She and Brad are not going to last long. Jen, you don't need a man. You already have it all.

July 16, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  24. Kristen

Angelina won't marry Brad because he is a cheating slime ball. She said when they got together that they wouldn't marry because of the way her father cheated on her mother. Brad is also, apparently, a good father (many cheaters are). Brad wanted out of the Hollywood BS of partying and schmoozing which is all he and Jennifer had together. Angelina gave him what Jennifer couldn't-depth of character. The fact that Brad has NOTHING to say for himself does not seem to matter. Angelina's work with the UN and various charities makes him seem deep by association. Brad wants to be George Clooney when he grows up but isn't bright enough to get there on his own.

July 16, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. Beth

I agree with SJ – Kevin is terrific! None of these people really matter in the big scheme of our lives. I also don't like pitting (sorry) two women againt each other over a man – any man.

July 16, 2009 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. Teresa

the media always asks Jennifer about Brad – EVERY time they talk to her – They rarely ask Brad and Angelina about Jennifer – it's time the media let it go!
    Good luck to all of them really – we just want to see some good movies once in awhile to take us away from our own reality!

July 16, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  27. maggie

"ANGIE" is the one who isn't talented. Jennifer is the actress who could play any roll and be amazing at it. She's very pretty and no the fake pretty like Angie. Jennifer is over brad and people need to realize that, Half of the talk is all lies anyways.

July 16, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  28. Yakiddin

Get serious....Catherine Zeta Jones Douglas takes the cake!

July 16, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. Carla K

No one with half a brain really cares! My opinion is that this is all a publicity stunt to sell more gossip magazines. Grow up and focus on something that really matters!

July 16, 2009 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  30. OMG

Good grief. I wish they would all give up. Poor Jen just wants to get on with life. She is a beautiful girl and Brad screwed up big time. His fling now has him stuck with Lips Holie and she has made sure to trap him with as many kids as she can. U didn't see Billy Bob crying n trying to get her back. She is ugly on the inside as well as outside. Her humanitarian efforts do not make up for the things she has done. Brad is an idot who is paying for it now. Payback is hell.

July 16, 2009 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  31. Jake

Jennifer Aniston needs THERAPY!!! She is just a big cry baby and not very talented... GO AWAY!!!

July 16, 2009 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  32. Al

Jenifer cannot act and I dont find her attractive at all, she should stay away from making movies they all bomb

July 16, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  33. Judy Wagner

Jennifer has class & beauty & scruples. She is a dear, good soul. It shows. She need not be compared to anyone else....she knows who she is. God bless her.

July 16, 2009 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  34. Kathy

Who cares!

July 16, 2009 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jersey55

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about Jen's feelings towards Brad and Angie. What's the problem, she has been in more relationships since her divorce than Elizabeth Taylor's been married. Maybe if she took her time and really got to know the person she's dealing with she could have a lasting relationship. I doubt Angie and Brad are giving her second thought. She didn't want what Brad wanted (kids) when they were married, he moved on, deal with it.

Jen, you need some counseling, cause I believe you really have low self esteem. To me you seem like an easy piece, and when they are done with you they move on.

July 16, 2009 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  36. SJ

I wonder, in the "who has the best body" category...did they use shots from Angelina's body now...after giving birth to 3 kids? I think not. I use to like Angelina but since the episode with Brad (aka "the pig") and Jennifer I think she's doomed...karma will catch up with her, it always does.

July 16, 2009 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  37. SJ

Kevin, after reading your post, I would say your wife is the lucky one.

July 16, 2009 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jon V,

One of them has an Oscar, two more Golden Globes, and one more Screen Actor Guild Award while also serving as an UN Ambassador. All the while being a mother to 6 children. I think its easy to see why people like Angelina more.

July 16, 2009 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  39. carie

Seriously....? Does it matter who is 'better' over the other? Both women are talents in thier own right and successful in buisness. Each have or have had a realtionship with Brad Pitt and NO ONE knows exactly what when down for the split between Jenn/Brad and the fact that Ange/Brad are together with the kids just simply shows the lives of each have taken different paths. That is all! To each thier own is what I say and in a personal opinion, Angelina has a international humanitarian respect from many countries in which she took a personal mission to help with. That is something she choose and because Jennifer Aniston did not, does not mean she doesn't care, she might jsut have different way to do it. Both women I am betting are TIRED of being 'Pitted' against each other and it makes no sense to allow the media to continue doing it either! Grow up!

July 16, 2009 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Lisa

I don't care.

July 15, 2009 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  41. kevin.

Who realy cares about the whole boring Angelina vs. Jennifer debate? I thik Anmgelia is a [...] pig. And she looks like a fish. She is not beautiful.
    my wife,on the other hand–SHE is a naturally beautiful woman. Even without makeup. Women would kill for her skin and legs and hair. I hear about it all the time. I'm just a very lucky guy I guess. I married Atlanta's most genuine beauty.

July 15, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Marie OConnell

I can not compare either of them since I do not know them. But I can say if I like or dislike thier work (films). I loved Jennifer Aniston in Office and many of ther other movies. Ialso liked some of Angelina's movies.

July 15, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  43. allison

good thing it is all just opinion.
    i say, who cares???
    they are all overpaid for what they do, without a doubt.
    however, both ladies seem like they, generally, give back.

there is always going to be someone prettier or more intelligent...
    who cares!

July 15, 2009 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. maureen keeble

in just comparing the apple to orange
    angelina is most natural beautiful star, and there is absoulte no good future in Jennifer except her hair, with all the expert around her, she is still has a long way to go to be compare with Angelina.
    I don't even understand why anyone wants to compare these two woman may be with Jennifer Garnner or Courtney Cox or Paris Hilton
    she would come first.....

July 15, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. A.L. Walter

Jennifer always had what Brad wanted. He was in too big of a hurry to have children when his wife was not ready. I think Angelina 's humanity (I guess you'd call it) was misinterpered as maternal...I think it was some quest of quantity over quality parenting. Jennifer on the other hand has had a rough go in relationships but she has been strong, brave and really let nothing and nobody stand in her way. Angelina put 6 kids and a cheater of a partner in her way. I of course, would be surprised if Jennifer took him back because I think her Mr. Right is right around the corner. Can you imagine the custody mess its going to be, and you know its going to happen; Brad and Angelina are done. Lust just caused a whole lot of heartache, and I kind of think it may have ruined Brad's movie career; his last big hit was what tore Jennifer to shreds....meanwhile, Jennifer is thriving! Greatest revenge. Wonder if Angelina daydreams between diaper changes, screaming toddlers, all six of them and now her "partner" who is so turned off by her...does she remember the days of the padded room with Billy Bob because they had crazy sex. Ah....I have such respect for Jennifer and I think Angie needs a padded room just for herself. Brad....your ego got in your pants, stupid, stupid man.

July 15, 2009 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |