July 14th, 2009

What about the kids?

Who is looking after Paris, Prince and Blanket? What about the Gosselin kids?

I’m an absolute stranger to the Jackson and Gosselin families and yet it boggles my mind that I seem to care more about the kids than the adults around them! What is going on here people? I know we are talking about the world of entertainment here folks, and the normal rules of engagement don’t always apply, but what about the kids?

Joe Jackson has already alluded to turning his grandkids into showbiz moneymakers- their beloved father died less than 3 weeks ago!   Jon Gosselin took a vacation in St. Tropez with his new- 10 years younger- girlfriend.  This is a girlfriend who was seen in pictures scantily clad, holding a BB gun to her friends face. Oh yeah, and she was arrested for possession of marijuana. If you were Jon, would you want your kids to be able to Google that mugshot? Then there is Kate, traveling the country promoting her many books, making appearances on talk shows and posing for magazines.

Now I’m not a parent, but if their ridiculous behavior is this obvious to me, shouldn’t it be to them?

For more on Michael Jackson and Jon and Kate Gosselin be sure to tune in to Showbiz Tonight at 11pm Eastern and Pacific on HLN- Don't miss it!

1. Dorothea

Well as I understand the whole Gosslin thing Kate is not to be in the house when dummy is there. So she may as well promote her books also she needs to support those kids somehow. He's a loser and not working (well nothing he can get paid for)
    The kids are the losers here.

Mj's kids I think they will be cared for but someone needs to do something about Joe. He seems to be the one to throw wrench in everything repeatedly.

July 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Samantha

I Think Debbie Loves Michael and she will honor his wishes. Thats what she'll fight for.

July 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. marla

Michael left Debbie Rowe out of his will intentionally, I heard she
    was only a surrogete. I don't believe he wanted her to have custody of his children since she was only introduced as a friend.

Hey, am I the only one who thinks the concert promoters could be
    behind Michael's death?

July 15, 2009 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Susan

I think Jon has some growing up to do........if the girl that is with is 22, then she was 16 when his twins were born............ugh!

July 15, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TaRaysha

the Jackson kids is a double edged sward. I think the will should be followed as mj thought it was in his children's best interest to be with his mother. but then again there's the father who lost the remaining "points" he had when he touted his nee record label to the press the day after MJ died. I fear he'll try to exploit the kids. but I just hope whatever is decided it is in teh best interest of the children...MJ, Jr. is old enough to decide where he wants to live...and I am sure the judge will take that into account as long as a guardian ad litem is appointed to for them. Which I am sure it will be.–if it has not already been taken care of.

The whole Gosslin thing is sad. If you have more the 5 kids you should have to stay together unless there is abuse. but whatever at least he's alive.

July 15, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LBW

I saw the pictures of Jon's girlfriend drunk and falling into a plant. Class act. Kate and the kids are better off without him. As for the Jackson children. I hope the grandmother can keep them. Janet and Latoya are two divas and it is all about them. They don't want to raise these children. It is too much work.

July 15, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. April Shackelford

Debbie Rowe did not want to raise her children, she stated that herself, so why is that an issue now, Michael Jackson cared for his children himself, so he has the right to say how his children should be cared for in the event of his death, and all this talk about biology who the natural father is should not be discussed. Michael brought each of those beautiful children home from the hospital and has had them and loved them the whole time so in my book he is there father in every way that counts, and who cares for them now should be no one decision but his, and he made that decision it should be left at that.

July 15, 2009 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sil

Why doesn't someone ask Larry King about his sex life? How about this question. If he has children is he the biological father? Is he willing to take a DNA test to satisfy the public curiosity? I think it is disgusting and seedy that he stoops to this level of privacy invasion when he has run out of dialouge for his show about MJ. When will it end? Its none of our business or his.

July 15, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. J

The only way he started going out so soon after a divorce is if he has already been used to doing so before the divorce.

People who just got divorced don't go and spend a beach vacation with a girlfriend - keep in mind they legally separated LESS than a month ago.

What a pathetic person. Sad to know that eight kids look up to him.

July 15, 2009 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. Daphnee

I think the kids should be with their grandmother, because everybody is after money now the man is gone. and who is to say that his will wasnt writtren while under the influence of drugs, for god sake people he was a legend but also he was human too thats what we all are forgetten the man had a drug problem.

July 15, 2009 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. L Obriant

"You know, I understand that Kate may have acted witchly; however, why is Jon in the South of France with someone else's toddler when he should be paying child support for his toddlers!"

July 15, 2009 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Hendy assad

If Debbie Rowe does not have the childrens' best interest in mind and at heart, she should not fight for custody . This is clearly a woman who does not want to be a mother, or she would have never given up her children the first time around. I hope she does the right thing, and gives those kids a chance to be normal, happy and cared for by someone who loves them just as their father, Michael did.

July 15, 2009 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. valerie

Yes I agree debbie rowe should leave the Jackson children with the Jacksons as Michael wanted a will should matter Michaels children should stay with the ppl in their family.......I am a mother and I would want a judge to go by my will whoever I willed my children to....Michael Jackson was a wonderful wonderful father & person and artist entertainer everything he was just GREAT!!!! Debbie Rowe should not have those kids she didn't come around them!!!! BUT JOE JACKSON SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO RAISE TH KIDS AT ALL!!!!!! They r very well adjusted children leave them with their grandmother and the Jackson family!!!!

July 15, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sarah

Jon Gosselin is ridiculous. The only reason these younger women want anything to do with him is because he is getting so much publicity right now, they want to use to launch their own career. I know Kate isn't perfect, but they both made the decision to have the 8 kids so Jon needs to grow up and raise them. He is acting like a teenager who just moved out of his parents house...getting earrings, smoking what is he trying to prove? All he is doing is making Kate look better. She may be off on book tours, but at least what she is doing is to support her family. Someone has to take care of the kids.

July 14, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sharon

I know there's a media spin cycle, but remember 3 children have lost their father. At the first court date, the judge urged the Katherine Jackson and Debbie Rowe, along with their lawyers, to talk and arrive at an agreement that is mutually acceptable. He also suggested that he might appoint counsel for the children. (I hope that he does.)

In the meantime, would you please refrain from reckless speculation? I'm sure there will be plenty of facts to report, when they're made available after the July 20 court date.

July 14, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jolene

Jon had to deal with her talking to him like a child so clearly she didn't see him like her spouse. Remember in the beginning he still had his job and still making time for family fun but all she could say is why can't you do this and that when he was handling everything before the money started rolling in from the show. She had a good thing and didn't know how great it was until he left.

July 14, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jolene

Debbie Rowe already got paid for having his two children. She did not want children but wanted to give MJ what he wanted. Because she already got paid for her services I don't think she should be involved in their life. It should be like Blanket's invisible mother, stay invisible and move on. Let these children be raised as MJ wanted. If she loved him like she said she would leave them alone and send her prayers.

July 14, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |