July 13th, 2009

Jon Gosselin: Are you kidding me?

If you’ve been a regular reader of this blog then you know that over the past few months I’ve stood firmly in the “Team Jon” column in the battle between Jon and Kate Gosselin. He still seemed like the loving, caring dad that he had always been, and I believed him- hook, line and sinker when he looked into the camera and said he never cheated on his wife.  I really thought that maybe he just wasn’t the brightest guy and got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Look, I live in Hollywood, I see the way the paparazzi work, and I see the way pictures can sometimes be taken out of context.  I also thought that there was no way he would be stupid enough to cheat with camera crews following him around all the time. He really had me going; at least until I saw the pictures of him walking hand in hand with his new girlfriend in St. Tropez this weekend.

Really Jon-are you kidding me?! This isn’t even the woman you were being accused of cheating with to begin with- this is a new girl!  And to add insult to what I am sure is a great injury to your entire family, she is the daughter of Kate’s plastic surgeon; seriously?!

Jon, you really let me down; I believed you. I am not saying that you can’t have a girlfriend; you are legally separated, you are allowed to date.  Here’s the thing though. Like it or not you are a public figure now, you will never be a private citizen again.  For better or worse you are a celebrity and have paparazzi following you everywhere. You have 8 children- remember them?  They will grow up and use the Internet and see these pictures. It’s called tact, Jon. Use some.

For more on Jon's trip to St. Tropez with his new girlfriend and much more tune in to Showbiz Tonight – 11PM Eastern and Pacific on HLN- Don't miss it!

1. Ann

First of all, Jon is going through a midlife crisis as millions of men do. However, millions of men do not have 8 small children depending on him, millions of men do not have the monetary freedome to ACT on his crisis, nor do they have cameras following them 24/7. Jon is not as intelligent as I originally gave him credit for. Kate could have been nicer to him over the years, which assisted Jon to his crazy point. Jon chose, however, to take this separation to a whole unforgivable level when he chose to make up Kate's affair and leak it to the media while denying his own. I love Kate's new attitude of " I can do." In front of the cameras, Jon is a great dad and an AZZ. When the cameras are not pointed directly at him, he is still an AZZ. (yes I know how to spell, just preferred to not spell it out).

Kate, you know it is tough in the beginning. Time heals and you are strong. The kids will get older and they will see all the old films and read the old stories on the internet. They will see for themselves who the loving parent is and was. Keep up the faith, girl.

July 31, 2009 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. susan

I cannot believe how extremely selfish Jon Gosselin is and I thought he was the whipping boy! Yea right!!! He makes Kate look like a friggin' saint not that she is. Jon, ummm, what about your 8 kids? Duhhh! He acts like he doesn't have any responsabilities anymore! I was actually hoping that he would come to his senses a while back but now I think Kate would be an idiot to take this dog back. Jon, you have no respect for yourself or your family and you don't deserve to have all that you obviously take for granted. UNBELIEVABLE. Go Kate! You don't need that jerk. Move on! Be a good example for those kids. I know you have it in you....

July 28, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Susie

Hi Kate,

I don't know what happened before the past year, all I know is something went "south" for the both of you. Considering all the latest news, Kate, I am sure you became aware of Jon's "infatuation" with the newest woman in Jon's life. This hurt you and no wonder, you indeed began to pick and pick.

Take hold of your life Kate. Talk to your boys and your girls. Try to remain neutral.

By the looks of things, you are better on your own away from both Jon and his new little "plaything".

Go back to who you were when your little ones were born and start again,and leave the rest in God's loving hands. I wish you well, Kate and let this part of your life indeed go.

No one will ever be able to raise these little ones as you have. Keep on, Kate. Press on.

July 18, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dolores

I will never watch this show again. It was so much fun to watch those dear little kids. But it has turned into a three ring circus and Jon and Kate have no one to blame but themselves. I think they just had the kids for the money.

July 15, 2009 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Amy

"...This is their house, we consider this our children's house." Of course you do...child labor laws and industry standards state your children must have their money saved. "They are being exploited" comes from family members. Are the Gosselin's just another set of stage parents? Spending every dime as though it was their own. At least child stars of the past could hind behind a character, these children will have to watch their family fall apart for a lifetime, and it is no game of charades. Now Jon has the nerve to go beyond exploitation gathering contracts for the sell of t-shirt designed by his children to live his pageboy life. Lucy...Jon and Kate you have some explaining to do and now you will do it in court.

July 15, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. honeyelize

I like beautiful blogs!

July 15, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sam

You know what... He can be with whomever he chooses. And he can even go on a holiday with said person, and he can do it without his children. If it's he's week off or whatever the arrangements are, he can do whatever he likes. If I had the opportunity to take off with my hot young thing for a sexy weekend... I'd do it. The kids will be fine. I'm sure they are having the time of their lives with their nannies while mom is off doing her book tour.

July 15, 2009 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. WOLFGANGPITBULLINGTONIII

Something is really wrong in this country when" goons" like the Gosselins, and the moronic "Octomom", can walk around gloating thinking they are "all that"; famous, and seeking fortune simply because they had a "bunch of kids". People who "glorify" them demonstrate "the value of the 'inner insignificance'". They need to go find something to do. Anymore, do anything ourageous, violent, or stupid, and you are glorified as somehow having "talent". People need to "optimize their values.

July 15, 2009 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. Team Jon

Wow people just because he has a new girlfriend doesn't mean he dosen't love his kids. All I can say that is bad about Jon is what took you so long to leave that controlling women.

July 15, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jay

Celebrities or not, their lives are none of your business and quite frankly who gave any of you the right to judge another persons behavior. I know where I'd tell you to stick your opinion of me and my life movements......

July 14, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Yvonne

I completely agree with you! Even if they had been having problems for the past year, he could have at least waited until the divorce was final. These pictures will reflect the poor decisions he made and his kids will see them and know that their father had "other" things in mind...other than them. I believed Jon was a faithful man however its evident he wasn't and you can't blame Kate for it. She may have been hard on him (as most of the public sees it) but there's counseling and other avenues...other than CHEATING!!!! I'm glad KATE's priorities are the children and NOT some 22 year old. Especially one with the past that Jon's current flame has. Whew!

July 14, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joe K.

If people paid more attention to real news and not this sort of fake high school paper crap that passes for news these days, we might have healthy care for all by now, might never had let ourselves been led into a war of choice against the wrong country for 9/11 and we might not have the lowest test scores in the western world.
    The fact that anyone is giving this any thought is truly and seriously pathetic.

July 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Greg

Holy crap people get a life! Team Kate? Team Jon? How about Team YOU! Nobody knows what the real story is, just what the press decides to show (or not show us). I love all these people who are so outraged and offended by this. I bet you are all perfect people, aren't you?

July 14, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ken

Leave the guy alone.......Jon and Kate have split up..whats he supposed to do, go into hiding.

July 14, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lisa

I think they are both pigs! He is just as rotten as she is. What about her affair with the bodyguard?? They both have a screw loose!!

July 14, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kailee

It hasn't even been a month yet!!!! Jon was waiting for Hailey. How is this a role model for his eight (8) young children?! At least nothing like this happened with Michael Jackson's poor children.

July 14, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. c826

Meh...I used to love this show....but after a while Kate just became annoying and it just seemed like all they cared about was all the "fame" it brought them.I stopped watching a while ago. No one REALLY knows what happens behind closed doors. they could have been done a lonnnnggg time ago. My only concern are the kids. I totally agree that these kids are going to grow up and see all this on the internet or on T.V. and its really going to hurt them.
    Even though he may have moved on and he has every right to, I think it was WAY too soon for him to be going out in public with her. its just kinda a slap in the face to his kids, and to the mother of his children, Kate. He may not want to be married to her anymore and Lord knows she was totally overbearing, but he should at least respect her a bit.
    I don't know,everyone is entiled to their opinion, but again. no one knows the real story except for them. and don't forget, there are 2 sides to every story.
    And I thought Jon didnt want to be in the "spotlight" anymore?
    hmmm....so much for that.

July 14, 2009 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sue from Ann Arbor

NYLA sounds like jon's new girlfriend. O K Miss Glassman. We know it's you. What other idiot would condone such deplorable behavior. Oh, and Kate was away at the Grocery store while Jon boy was in France.

July 14, 2009 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  19. Marge

"Jon, you really let me down; I believed you. I am not saying that you can’t have a girlfriend; you are legally separated, you are allowed to date. "

Really? Allowed by whom? Legally separated doesn't mean "single." He's still a married man, and as a Christian, he ought to keep his hands to himself.

July 14, 2009 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. claflin1985

I am a huge fan of the Jon and Kate plus 8 show. When I first heard about all the allegations with them I said there is no way Jon would ever do that , and now after all this I can't begin to even think about what he has done to his family. I am so disgusted with him! I mean how can you cheat on your wife and children. They are suppose to be number one in your life. I think this is what happens once you become rich. You let the money and fame take over your life, and forget about all the special times you had ,when didn't have all the money.I just pray that someday he relizes that he made a mistake when he choose to leave his family which is the 80% and got stuck with his party girld which are the 20%ers

July 14, 2009 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  21. syl

hey, everyone is entitled to their personal life despite the fact they signed up for a reality show...and signed up for fertility treatments... I do not get the appeal with having a litter of children...like having one or two isn't stressful enough and even one child can cause a marriage breakup...you know when men get so sad and feel they are 'competing' for their wives attention...um okay, I will neglect my child I have to bond and care for leaving it to starve to take care of your greedy needs... having multiple kids like this is a recipe for disaster... something they should have thought about before having a litter...and who suffers in the end? the poor children. they didn't ask to be brought up in front of TV cameras either. these children were exploited for money and whats happening to Jon & Kate is just karma. Just wait until they are teenagers...

July 14, 2009 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Alpha11

Jon is likeable, but kind of immature and needs to get divorced first, and secondly stop dating even more immature girls.

July 13, 2009 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cathy

What I find embarassing is the fascination with other people's lives. Americans look foolish spending so much time, energy, and money focusing on the what is probably staged to begin with. America is becoming "dumbed down" with reality t.v.

July 13, 2009 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. lincolntls

I would like to say that you will probably not see Kate shopping around Hermes and Prada!!! She has 8 kids she has to care for and support. To be totally honest I hope Kate writes a best seller about being a separated parent of multiples b/c it is obvious that John is not going to be doing anything to support his wife and kids.

July 13, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Angei

He has always been selfish Im not supprised at all .

July 13, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Patti

Yes it was dense for him to be in public with this woman, but I say give the guy a break. He was treated like a piece of scum on the bottom of his wife’s shoe for far too long and I can only imagine what we didn’t see on camera. He is getting what he considers positive attention from women right now, something he did not get from his wife...he is trying to find his "manhood" and could probably use some good "PR guidance" at this point . I don't believe this one thing makes him any less of a father, as long as he gets things under control soon I say HAVE FUN JON (keep it out of the press) you deserve it after all the time you served in "Kate G’s Penitentiary"

July 13, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. stacy

any man who would leave their children to go to france , with a different woman, only after being separated a month....is SCUM. He doesnt deserve to have been blessed with those children. I knew all along he was a cheat. It was so obvious with his actions. He apparently doesnt care or realize his kids will grow up and see exactly what kind of father they have : a loser.
    high five to kate..

July 13, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lizzy

I have lost total respect for Jon now. I use to think he cared about his kids even when he was splitting from Kate. Now I am 100% on team Kate. I'm no longer 50% team Jon and 50% Kate. It's now official...100% team Kate. I feel sorry for Kate and the kids that they have to go through this and witness Jon's strange behavior. If anyone is trying to promote fame for their kids and for themselves it's deff Jon. TEAM KATE ALL THE WAY.

July 13, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Martha

I am thoroughly puzzled at these 2 people's lives. Where did the family go? Who does Jon think he is? he is the father of 8 children. Should that make him famous? He is no rock strar, politician or pro-sports player yet he is living like he is a famous playah' based on a tv show about his family & children.

Sure, I should not believe the tabloids but who else can I believe about this family since truly it has been a scam since the beginning. What the heck is Jon doing? He is living the good life like he deserves it. I mean trips to great6 places & designing clothing – come on! All you did was give a little sperm.

Jon & his wife have ruined their family. Now he is out & about like he is a star. Wasn't his main problem from the beginning that he did not like the limelight?! Was 8 children too much for you? Could you not handle the pressure.

I feel with Jon (and Kate) that the sooner the program is canceled, the better. They do not deserve the benefits & the goodies. After all, it was about the 8 kids right?! Do the 8 kids even get to ride in their daddy's new sports car or wear his expensive clothes? Give me a break.

July 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  30. LBW

He is a pig. How selfish can you be? When you bring children into this world, your needs and wants become secondary until these kids can go into life without you. Stupid, selfish man.

July 13, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Galyn

Do reality stars have tact? I haven't seen any yet that do....

July 13, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kelly

I know what you mean, I was always pro-Jon because Kate is such a drill but come on Jon! Did you ever hear of keeping it on the downlow?

July 13, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dorothea

Well hey wow. Jon was never the "loving parent" he wanted you to think he was. I saw so many times where he really dropped the ball.
    I find it interesting that some how Kate is the one at fault for picking up the ball. As child from a large family (7) someone has to be in charge and keeping the whole thing rolling. Why are we so quick to sling mud at Kate and so ready to defend Jon. When all she was doing was making sure the kids were fed and tended and cared for. As to her being out and promoting her books and such. When you have a family of this size it requires some money to keep the works afloat. Think about when they have 8 kids ready for University? How much will that cost or even just the cost of feeding them and clothing them. Kate deserves a little slack.

July 13, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kathie

I say " on with the show but without Jon". I found him to be very boring like he was going out of his way to talk to the camera's. . Maybe Kate was a little bossey but if he had been a real man, he could have put his foot down a long time ago. Now, he 's proud of himself because he went out and got a girlfriend and all of a sudden he's his own man. Give me a break!

July 13, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Chris

I feel I need to defend this dude... this guy is divorced, for god's sake- he can date anyone he wants! After all, he has had the misfortune of being married to an absolute beastmaster for the last 10 years. Has anyone even considered the fact that he needs a little time to decompress. I love all the righteous indignation over John going to France, when Kate has been jaunting all over the US for the last 2 years, completely abandoning her kids. Give me a break. Nice double standard.

July 13, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ivy

Great job, Jon!!!!! Can't wait for Mady and Cara to go back to school this year. Can't wait to see your answer to them when they ask you, why are you cheating on their mom for the whole world to watch? Jon in case you have forgotten, it's the women who shop for the kids clothes. I hope all the mom's out their boycott his chldren clothing line. So therefore you would have to get a job and pay child support for all eight children. TLC just cancel the show already before this monster does any more damage to his kids.

July 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ys

This is about those 8 kids. Once they decided to have all 8 of those kids, they made a decision for life. At this point it is not about his happiessm, it is about those kids. When Kate decides to move on and gets involved with another man, he is going to regret all of his actions. When another man steps in and raises his kids, HE IS GOING TO FELL LIKE CRAP. These kids will not stay young forever and will eventually grow up and may decide to do him the same way. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND!!!

July 13, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Amanda

Thank you! Someone finally said it! I realize Kate can be a B**** but Jon was the one hopping around all this time!

July 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Catherine

I am so disgusted with Jon, it really is bothersome. I firmly believe in what comes around goes around. He now has to hang on to someone with money otherwise he would have turned into a nobody-which is what he truly is.......

July 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. NYLA Princess

Nah – I disagree. I do believe that he did fool around with the 23-year old teacher. Jon and Kate were done last year. They should have, however, legally separated then. He is entitled to be with whomever he wishes. Like he said, he allowed Kate to rule the roost and now he is exercising his right to be a free man. She divorced him and made a stink. He wanted to separate civilly. The last show she undermined him once again. So, bottomline. She has her book deals and appearances. He has a new clothing line. They take turns to raise the children in the mansion.

July 13, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. LB

I find it interesting that you would believe Jon at all. I'm a firm believer in the old saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire." And Jon Gosselin has had plenty of smoke around him. While I thought the trip to France, with the latest squeeze, was less than tactful, I found the fact that she is wearing a HUGE diamond ring on her left hand even more tactless!! What is wrong with Jon and his harem! Don't they realize that children are involved. For God's sake Jon ... can't you be just a tiny bit discreet?!?!?!

July 13, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jon & Kate fan

Agreed! I was so disappointed to see that. So much for the "long suffering husband" act.

July 13, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Dee

I've never watched the program.

I'm in the 'What a stupid show' corner.

July 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Cathy

Jon: Who will come first your girlfriend or your children? Right now it looks like your girlfriend is more important than your children. Remember their feelings!!!!!!!!!!!

July 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Whatever

Why is this still an issue? Is Jon (and Kate) really so interesting that we have to start analyzing every little thing that they do, or what they should/should not be doing? I mean honestly what more can you really say, the man is separated and is probably enjoying his freedom, so what if he is dating somebody who you "supposedly" think he wasn't with in some random photo or two. I'm so bored with Jon and Kate, can we let go of them already.

July 13, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jacqui

I so so SO agree! I figured the other night when I saw he was in France and Kate was off gallivanting around as well that none of those children needed either parent. They're never there anymore, or so it seems and neither parent seems to be making any effort to show otherwise. What a train wreck this family is becoming.

They're there for their kids first, right? NOT.

July 13, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |