July 8th, 2009

No one knows heartbreak like a kid

Michael Jackson sang it at age 10. Then Shaheen Jafargholi did at age 12. Isn't it funny that the song "Who's Loving You?" about love and loss can be sung so well by kids?

When the "Britain's Got Talent" finalist took the stage on Tuesday, few viewers and attendees knew the power of his pipes. After his performance, it seemed as if everyone's immediate question was: Who is this kid?

The Welsh-Iranian miniature crooner first sang the Jackson 5 hit "Who's Loving You" for the U.K. television show and even managed to wow the stoic judge Simon Cowell on the show. Cowell had told Jafargholi, "This may be the start of something special for you, young man."

Indeed it was. Jafargholi's performance was so strong that once Michael Jackson saw it, he offered Jafargholi to join him on his 50-concert tour in London, according to news reports. The Jackson family personally invited Jafargholi to perform at the memorial.

The singer received a standing O after his performance at the ceremony. Jafargholi then gave a shout-out to the late King of Pop, "I want to thank him so much for blessing me and every individual on this earth with his music."

– Writer/Producer Intern Breeana Hare

1. toms

Neverland a museum??? The placed should be burned after what he did there.

July 9, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Unknown

This message is to Sandi. I don't think that you read the article clearly.

"Indeed it was. Jafargholi’s performance was so strong that once Michael Jackson saw it, he offered Jafargholi to join him on his 50-concert tour in London, according to news reports. The Jackson family personally invited Jafargholi to perform at the memorial."

The article was not comparing him to Michael, merely stating that young kids can sing love songs very well.

July 9, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marie

Can someone please tell me why Larry King is SO ill-mannered and is constantly messing up introductions? I think it might be in part that is too OLD now to be on T.V.!!!!!! I was appauled that he asked M.J. doctor if he ever had sex with Debbie Rowe, does Larry have sex with his wife?????????????? I wonder if he would like that kind of question asked of him in front of his sons when he dies???? Do any of you think of the kids in this mess; they should be protected as any Presidental kids are because thier lives have gone from private to non-private! PLEASE keep Larry away from these interviews it's so sad to see his lack of decency toward these kids and what they are left with.

July 9, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Claudette Siar

I was happy to see young talent represented at the memorial. That said I hope the Judge continues to keep access to the Jackson money and Jackson children seperate. They should receive evething when older and only support, good support for now. I also think that between the Jackson mother, siblings and Diana Ross they could not be in better hands.

July 9, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JW

@Sandi
    Doesn't look like anyone is trying to compare him the Michael, and maybe it was the promoters' idea (by the way how do you know the family had nothing to do with it?), but if you were watching the service, he was invited because he was going to be part of the show in London. It was fitting.

July 9, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. No better tribute possible

I have never posted a message to anything before, so please excuse the inexperience. I had the immeasurable privilege of attending the memorial service for Michael Jackson. The Jackson family could not have asked for or presented a more perfect service. AEG handled everything in such a respectful and professional manner. I cannot say enough about the class and style of the services. As a mother who has lost a son and as a daughter who lost her parents at a young age, this was a dream of a memorial service. If I could have had the memory of a service like Michael's for my loved ones, I would have cherished it forever. Michael's family, especially his children, will have a lasting memory of Michael, as he was loved and honored by his friends, family and fans. Finally, Paris Katherine, your father could not have imagined a more loving tribute than the one you gave. Prince Michael, you were the perfect strength for your siblings, and Blanket, you were so brave. All of you exhibited behavior that would have made your father very proud! You will forever be a tribute to his love and devotion.

July 9, 2009 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. C Chan

Sorry. No comparison to Michael. He's just another kid who can sing but I wasn't wowed. He may become another Engelbert or even a Sinatra but he'll never be another Michael Jackson. It's not even close.

July 9, 2009 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. coreys mom

F. OMOTOLA YOU ARE right on WITH THAT. FUNNY HOW SOME PEOPLE CHOSE TO SEE ALL NEGATIVENESS WHEN THEY WANT TO. BET WE WON'T HEAR ANYTHING GOOD FROM 'EM ANYWAY, WHEN THE PROFITS START ROLLING IN. MAYBE IF THEY QUIT TAKING IN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, THEY'D GET AHEAD!!

July 9, 2009 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Denise

Does it really matter whether Michael is the biological father? Ask Angelina, Brad, and Madonna.

July 9, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. m. slater

F. Omotola you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!

July 9, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. TGee

It is amazing how so many of you are still judging Michael Jackson. Judge not, lest ye be judged. Your judgement day is coming, possibly sooner than you think...will you be ready? Michael is having his judgement day and his entries written in the book of life is known only to him and his God, Allah or Jehovah. All that he gave to others monetary or otherwise and the opportunities that he afforded others was such an unselfish act.

Michael's music is the staple of his legacy and how his music has helped in HEALING THE WORLD (at least a great start in healing the world). What is your contribution?...I know that mine isn't enough. I am still striving and Michaels death has caused me to really look at the Man (woman) in the Mirror...I am making that change.

Michael, I personally want to say again, THANK YOU!!, you were a blessing to your family and children and certainly a blessing to your fans. You will never be forgotten and always loved, missing you. Thank you to the Jackson family for such an awesome tribute. We love you guys too. Take care of Michaels children for us.

If you need me....I'll be there! Love TGee

July 8, 2009 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jennifer Crim

I have not yet found an outlet that I can express the loss I feel. I decided to search on Oprah and was amazed that there are no comments about this amazing superhuman being that we were graced with on this planet. I have a 4 1/2 and almost 7 year old that I have been educating the music of Michael Jackson for the past year. They LOVE the music, which in turn makes them love him. I told them that this was the greatest entertainer/musician/humanitarian/father that the world has ever seen(along with their dad as father award). I told them that I promise that if he comes to America on the tour we will see him. His music transcends all boundaries. His passion is unmeasured by any artist I have ever seen in my lifetime. He has endured more pain than anyone can imagine losing his childhood which was the consequence for his talent. However, Have you seen my childhood? We all see it and know it for the most part, we have seen it, most of us, but he spent the better half of his life trying to get it back. You are not strange, you are human Michael. And I will always treasure your words, your voice, your magic. You made "this world a better place for you and for me." Sincerely, Jennifer

July 8, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dorothy mosley

micheal," i know that you lived your life so well...i know that when you died,even the undertaker cryed...i pray that you enter the heavens....

July 8, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chanell edmonds

i've loved micheal jackson ever since i was a little girl. it was like he was talking to me through his music. but he's gone with the good lord in we will miss him so much. in he willalways be in our hearts!

July 8, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. maureen sharon cox

I think MJ's oldest looks just like Dr. Klein. Does anyone else think
    so? also do you think he had a death wish.It seems to me that
    anyone who used drugs so indiscrimitaley wouldn't care if they
    died.
    The daughter looks just like Debbie. The 7 yr old is so cute.

July 8, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. anthia

To me losing michael jackson is like losing a brother. He is my hero.
    Michael jackson a man so little for words
    His voice more beautiful than peeping little birds
    His life was tragic
    But no one will ever forget his gift of magic
    he brought it on stage and i could have felt it
    For every time i heard his music i couldn't just sit
    i listened, i cried, i smiled i grinned
    i even tried to moonwalk, instead i spinned
    michael a legend, inferior he was not
    The icon, Michael Jackson the king of Pop.

Michael you touched my life and my family too. Even in my country, the little Bahamas. And we celebrate his life for he was and is and always be the best.

Love anthia/ a fan of only 15

July 8, 2009 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SH

I think the people should leave the kids along who cares who the father is. The only father they have known is MJ.
    As far as the state needing help in paying the bill and other debt's why don't some of those high powered money making Famous people foot the bill and stop asking the hard working blue collar people for money.
    We were not all blessed with a talent to sing or act or even be extremely smart. If the rich are so charity giving people then give and stop running there mouth how much they give cause I haven't seen a penny of it and apparently your state hasn't either. Double there damn taxes or take a collection plate around to there doors. Hell hit Arnold up he's got money!!! You folks elected him make him foot the bill!!!

July 8, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Maria Tompson

The major of L A claims that the city spend 4 million dollars for the Michael Jackson memorial. Does he want to pull a Maddoff trick? He should be more specific. If they put the whole state under alert and gave overtime to everyone on the payroll counting on the opportunity of getting some extra millions to go to the French Riviera to wine and dine with wife, kids and by the way the girlfriend too, all people involved must know that the citizens of this country are sick and tired of the fraud. By now we smell fraud when we see it.

July 8, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Helen Loggie

I did not realize, I was a Michael Jackson fan until his death recently. He was gone much too soon from this world. I mourn today along with the world. His beauty in dance and electric presence on stage will never be duplicated. He mesmerized the world with his talent. I feel most sad when I think of all the pain he also endured. The world was not so kind to him . I always believed in his genuine, pure love for children and today I ache because he was so misunderstood.
    As a parent myself, I know the love of his children and for his children give him great strenght and many happiness.
    May in rest in peace.

July 8, 2009 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. MAGGIE

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED ALL MICHAEL JACKSON'S SONGS AND ALL HIS SISTER JANET'S SONG AS WELL. HE WILL BE MISSED AND ALL THAT HE STANDS FOR TOO. MAY HE REST IN PEACE. AND MAY GOD BLESS HIS CHILDREN AND HIS FAMILY. MAY THEY ALL FIND THE STHRENTH WITH IN TO GO ON, BUT TO REMEMBER ALL THE GREAT TIMES THEY LIVED TOGETHER.
    GOD BLESS ALL

July 8, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. F. OMOTOLA

IF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WANTS THE JACKSON FAMILY TO PAY FOR EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES, THEN THE STATE SHOULD SHARE ANY PROFIT THEY MADE FROM HOTEL AND RESTAURANT TAXES THIS WEEK AS WELL AS FUTURE INCOME THEY ARE CERTAIN TO MAKE FROM TOURISTS WHO WILL TRAVEL TO THE STATE TO VISIT NEVERLAND (ONCE IT BECOMES A MUSEUM) AND OTHER MJ TOURIST LOCATIONS.

July 8, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sandi

This young man seemed to be the promoters idea, not the Jackson family. He's got talent, but there is absolutely no comparison in any miniscue to Michael at the same age.

July 8, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |