July 8th, 2009

How will Jackson leave his stamp?

michael jackson memorial service

Rev. Al Sharpton called for a commemorative Michael Jackson stamp, online petitions are circulating to make Jackson's birthday a national holiday (August 29), and Facebook users want June 25 to be "Michael Jackson Remembrance Day."

Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, D-Texas said at Jackson's memorial that a resolution promising to honor Michael Jackson as an international humanitarian is on the House floor. For that promise to materialize, however, it first has to get past political critics.

Similarly, the likelihood of Jackson's image being affixed to your mail won't be known anytime soon, because the United States Postal Service doesn't evaluate commemorative stamps until five years after an individual's death.

As far as a holiday, no government representatives have touched the issue. But fans are already making promises to annually remember the pop icon, federal approval or not.

– Writer/Producer Intern Breeana Hare

1. icons download

Certainly. It was and with me. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

October 9, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kristina

i remember every songs and movies he made these include: beat it,thriller,Billie jean,smooth criminal,bad,black or white,heal the world,don't care about us,man in the mirror,you rock my world I'll be there,we are the world,rock with you,the way you make me feel,in the closet,remember the time, don't stop till you get enough, do the jerk,give into me,who is it,THE JACKSON 5 a.b.c,i want you back,whose loving you,Benn,earth song,i really need you,speed demon,come together,dangerous,moon walker,dangerous album,the Jackson movie,moon walker and of course the remarkable life of Michael Jackson.he is the king of pop and will never be forgotten.i know that Janet ,Jermaine the 1st Jermaine the2nd,Latoya the 1st,Latoya the 21nd,Jackie,Marlon AND Tito JACKSON are very heartbroken because there brother died and so are Michael's four children.

July 29, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kristina

Michael Jackson was the best entertainer in the world. mr.jackson should be blamed for taking michael's child-hood away from him but he still became the best pop star in the world and although he has gone with his father in heaven we will still remember him here on earth, and when is he going to get burried ? my family will never forget him. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

July 29, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Agie Mariam Jagne from sweden

We love you Michael ......may your soul rest in peace....

July 14, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ceceile

Michael deserves a stamp and a day because:
    --------------------------------

Elvis Presley

Most popular album sold 7 million copies

Dated a 14 year old Priscilla when he was 24 [confirmed pedophile]

Cause of death: Drug overdose

HE'S ON A STAMP
    -------------------------------
    Michael Jackson [KING]

Most popular album sold 27 million copies

Accused and acquitted of molestation charges
    On the advice of legal team settled similar suit

1990 honored by President Bush and given the Entertainer of the Decade Award

Cause of death unknown

HE DESERVES A DAY AND A STAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 9, 2009 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pat

Michael was special to everyone that saw him perform. His music moved you to dance, think and just be happy. Now that he's gone, no one will be able to do what he's done. He's unique as God created him. As far as helping to pay for the expenses, the concert promoters has already give the city of LA 1 million dollars and others have donated as well. That bill has been taken care of.

July 9, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. zilia

The world did not realise the Angel that was Michael. I will tell my kids and their kids and everyone else about how beautiful a man he was. A King in every sense of the word. Notice, at the Memorial, no one said to Michael to rest in peace. All who love him feel his spirit is very much alive. Michael is smiling and at peace.

People who speculate should let it be about his children . They are his children regardless . They should not suffer like their dad in this life. We should not let this happen.

July 9, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sue ~ NY

I am sick of all of so call associates now coming forward with the hype about his abuse of drugs in any form. If they really cared about him or his well being, they should have done so. Leave him alone now may he have some kind of peace. And most of all leave his kids alone. So many just can't wait to put their two cents in for a couple bucks. Shame on you.

July 9, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marisela Garcia

I loved Michael Jackson and everything he did for us even not knowing him personally was a priveledge to have known his music and him as a performmer. I could only wish to have seen him in my life time.I'm glad just knowing he was there was enough for me.I can't remember the first time I fell in love with his music,but all I know is that I did and forever. I love you Michael.

July 9, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. cathy k

i think the Jackson family are just as greedy as everyone else that is why michael jackson only left money to his mom also he did not leave custody of his children to his 3 sisters???? who are much younger that 80 yrs old diane ross would be a better person she already is wealthy and does not need the kids money. if debbie rowe wants her kids then she is the biological mother and should get them. the monies will be in a trust fund for the kids anyway michael hated his father and was not close to him, but his mon will use her 40% to support the family as michael did paying for everything. Janet appears to be the only self sufficient one .whats the assets of the rest of the family???? the children need a quiet non chaotic environment with their mom on a farm to be normal again.

July 9, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tammy from Tennessee

Note to my comment i meant to make August 29 national holiday and June 25 Remembrance day.

July 9, 2009 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tammy from Tennessee

There needs to be a Michael Jackson stamp,he deserves that and i agree with making June 25 a national holiday too.He has done so much humanitarian work for his own country and many others and nobody will take his place.It is sad in his life he couldn't see this tremendous outpouring of love as often as he should have.But remember the world including myself loves Elvis too and he had a drug addiction and died from it.We have to remember these people are stars but they are also humans and we all make mistakes.God forgive we can't be perfect and God is our only judge.Michael is one of his children as are we all.Let him Rest In Peace.And God bless his family and children too.And kudos to Rev. Al Sharpton for saying what we all are thinking.Thank you.

July 9, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. rodney

we should have a holiday in rememberance to michael jackson and a stamp,

July 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chris

RIP MJ you've done your part.

July 9, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. Vegas

Good question. I'm not sure, it doesn't matter to me. Jackson was Jackson whether it was the 50s or the 80s or the 2000s, same guy. Maybe they could do a variety pack? That'd be nice. Random stamps. He was such a gorgeous man! He made my heart jump when I saw him walking hand in hand with Diana Ross in I think around 1980, at the Oscars. There's video out there of that footage. Gosh, he was so special!!!!!!!!

July 9, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Betty

Michael Jackson, a true manifestation of the magnificence of the Universe.

July 9, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jean Powers

Let Jackson alone he is gone and the world will go on and our
    children are safer

July 9, 2009 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  18. mary

michael Jackson’s birthday(August 29) should be an international holiday becouse peoples from all over the world love him. think about that,

July 9, 2009 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  19. lucette

Indeed a commemorative Mickael Jackson stamp will be the humanity’s recognization honoring him as « THE BE LOVED FATHER OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN »
    But maybe people outside the USA will be frustrated by a commemoration that doesn’t make them a part of it individually.
    May I suggest to turn it as A DAY OF A WORLWIDE DONATION by honorating Mickael Jackson LOVING ACTIONS SINCE AND EVERLASTINGLY by a way that on this special day of his anniversary all around the world a charity will be shared by all individual concerned.

July 9, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  20. kevin oleju

theres noting bad in making an holiday 4 micheal,but i feel is his death that should be remembered not his birth.his birth did not have much impact but his death shocked millions around the earth & it makes more sense saying this is the day a great humanitarian & an icon left us than saying this is the day he was born.
    from Kevin oleju.Nigeria

July 9, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. Latosha Traynham

IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT WE (AS A WHOLE) COULD NOT HAVE APPRECIATE MICHAEL JACKSON FOR EVERYTHING POSITVE THAT HE CONTRIBUTED TO WORLD. WE WERE ALL VERY BLESSED AND FORTUNATE TO HAVE EXPERIENCED HIS TALENTS AND GIFTS. IF ONLY HE COULD SEE THAT THE PEOPLE REALLY DID LOVE HIM, DESPITE WHAT THE MEDIA SAID. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTAND THAT OUR LIFE HERE IS ONLY TEMPORARY. WE LIVE NOT FOR OURSELVES, BUT FOR OUR GOD IN HEAVEN ACCORDING TO HIS HOLY WORD AND BY THE EXAMPLE OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. IF NOTHING ELSE, WE SHOULD FOLLOW MICHAEL'S EXAMPLE AND CARE MORE FOR OTHERS. IN OUR SOCIETY, IT IS ALL ABOUT GETTING AHEAD IN LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONE'S YOU ARE LEAVING BEHIND. DON'T THINK HE WAS OBLIGATED TO GIVE BECAUSE HE EXTREMELY WEALTHY. HE GAVE BECAUSE IT WAS WHO HIS WAS. WHAT I AM WRITING IS WHAT I MYSELF HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS MOMENT. I THANK GOD FOR MICHAEL AND FOR THIS EVENT BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS "IN ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS, FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS CONCERNING ALL OF YOU (1 THESSALONIANS 5:18)". GOD HAS A PURPOSE FOR THIS MOMENT. I PRAY WE WILL ALL LISTEN TO HIM AS HE CALLS!!
    GOD BLESS THE FAMILY**** FRIENDS AND FANS

July 9, 2009 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. naomi

i still cant believe that a person who improved my dance moves for the better is gone.he will always be in my heart.

July 9, 2009 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. shell

I am hopeful the family will consider a tribute to michaels fame and life by having his final resting place be Neverland, and open the grounds to the world. (you know circa "GraceLand") This way his children will forever be financially secure. By doing this the family can secure the legacy of what he was and what he did live on – i am sure many charities around the world could benefits greatly from income generated at such a place! Charities Michael loved and lived for. It is truly sad that it took his death to finally bring back attention to the musical genius he was and that he literally gave HIS LIFE and SOUL to make us all Smile and dance! Now he is free of grief and sadness. Michael we await your next act – Let the Magic Begin as we relive and rediscover the many many gifts you gave to us over the 45+ yrs you sang from your soul. RIP Michael!

July 9, 2009 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Khaidji

A Tribute To Michael Jackson

A shock rippled through the globe that day
    The King of Pop music had passed away
    Rumors of his lifestyle was blasted feverishly
    I didn’t care for the alleged, it’s the truths I see
    By the time he was five years old he was a superstar
    Uniting fans with his skills from countries afar
    The next 4 decades he made the stage a wife
    Entertained and pioneered entertainment with his extraordinary life
    This boyish man gave more than generously
    Over pushed himself at the dismay of his family
    Michael Jackson sat by the bedsides of kids suffering
    In the shadows of his spotlight he prayed for people dying
    Collaborated with greats to produce even greater songs
    Heal the World and Black and White to right global wrongs
    And this hip popping, crotch grabbing star with his single glove
    Eloquently shared off stage his big heart and liberal love
    Lots of awards celebrated his dynamic fame
    Jackson was loved by fans and Presidents the same
    As a kid I just knew that his songs made me feel
    Clouds laid beneath the places where I sat or kneel
    Kindness is a deed to most but it was a condition to him
    Selflessly he dug into his pockets even when times were grim
    Out of my life but the Thriller will never be gone
    No time will erase this Legend, his Legacy will live on

An Acrostic Poem
    From The Bajan Poetry Society

July 9, 2009 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  25. dorothy

i think its terrible that the world likes to look for the bad in people before the good.
    Michael Jackson done so many good things in his lifetime ,but just like lady diana ,people want the negitive things.i hope the family can be as strong as lady diana's had to be .your loss is beyond words i am thinking of you all god bless.he was the greatest entertainer in the world.

July 9, 2009 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  26. claudia

both dates ( June 25 and August 29  ) are remembering.

July 9, 2009 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  27. claudia

You are with God now, the best place ever.

Love you Michael.

RIP

July 9, 2009 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
  28. catherine.from Galway Ireland.

My Hero My Idol My Heart died the day Michael Jackson died.....Not just that i was blessed to see him play live concert 3 times.not just his music.not just his dancing. simply just Him The KING...i Love you Michael then now forever......R.I.P.

July 9, 2009 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ruth

Dr. Klein...What about doctor patient confidentiality? Michael may be dead, but he is your patient

July 9, 2009 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lee Thomas

Journey on now brother Michael. We will follow when we can. We are blessed to honor your life.
    There is only love. The love of god gives birth to the universe. The love of our parents gives birth to us. The love of our friends and family sustains our life. Kindness, love, and pleasure – we are formed from these and we form each other. You attached your soul to your music and performances.

July 9, 2009 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  31. Not Guilty means Not Guilty! This is America folks!

I am posting this separately, as I do not want to take away from the exquisite memorial service. As an attorney who has represented multiple abused children and who has seen and unfortunately known many pedophiles, I will say uncategorically that Michael Jackson was found not guilty by a jury of his peers on all counts. In my experience, juries cannot wait to convict pedophiles, no matter who they are (i.e. a beloved priest or coach). If anything, Michael Jackson’s jury was more inclined to convict because of his fame and reputation for spending much of his time with children. For the jury to come back so quickly with an acquittal on all counts is unheard of in the legal community. Michael was NOT GUILTY! I saw nothing in his behavior to ever suggest he was a pedophile. I did see a naïve, trusting, easily manipulated soul who had little experience with the “real world” and traditional social proprieties. Michael believed he was incapable of harming a child, so he simply could not understand why anyone would ever accuse him of do so. Michael’s one big mistake was trusting his advisors and not confronting and crushing the issue when he was first accused years earlier. The vultures of the world needed only to wait and plan to capitalize on his error. As for the allegations of drug abuse; is it really surprising that anyone facing the problems and pressures in a life like Michael’s would resort to self-medication to ease the pain? The better question is: who were the professionals Michael trusted that enabled his self-medication instead of finding him the real help he needed? Rest in Peace, Michael; you were a kind soul and were loved.

July 9, 2009 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  32. joana rabonu

my heart goes out to the his kids...... who...at a very young age have lost their father. they will experience life with out him..... he won't be there for graduation, when they win or loose, they will look to someone else for life lessons, he won't be there when they meet the one they love, or on their wedding day. and when they welcome their own children into the world.
    when we go home, we won't feel the emptiness that these children will feel, always hoping that their dad will walk out of his room in the morning, with a big smile hug them and say"good morning".
    I pray that they will be filled with the love of our Father in heaven... Who is the Father to the fatherless.
    My prayer are with them.... and may MJ rest in peace

July 9, 2009 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. pam taylor

To the jackson family and his children. Truely i thought my worst nightmare had came true. I came home and found my husband dead at the dinning room table on sept 5, 2008. He was 38 and i 48. I have cancer and was undergoing treatment, i surly thought i would be the one to pass. Then it came to pass he had overdosed on prescription medication that some one had given him. Now i have to come to terms with the fact that someone else i loved micheal passed away due to someone else!!! If the toxology comes back overdose. PLease stay strong,steady and focused on doing the right thing and make who is responsible pay for what they have done!I sit in the background in silence it is very hard for me. I think about Robert Fannings and Micheal Jackson and many more i personaly know that passed all in the same way and all of them gone to soon.Dont let them lable Michael accidental overdose thats there easy way out. Then everthing stops and they shove him under a rug somewhere. he is much to important for that. Fight for him,he always fought for himself now he cannot. He can not die in vein.SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THIS. Someone needs to pay,put someone in jail. Make an example of what happens when you take someones life. It isnt invoulintary manslaghter, it isnt manslaghter!!ITS MURDER!! Who ever gave this to micheal from what ever walk of life rich or poor needs to be held accountable and take responsibility for what they have done. We now have babys without their daddy, you lost a chid,brothers and sisters lost a brother,where all just lost without him. And your lives will never be the same,God be with you all.It does get easier with time but never goes away.Praise god i want to remember them both!!They are with god now. To the police and peramedics that responded to the 911 call for micheal you have told the media details about his priviate,and persional bussiness life,you have know right.You should be fired!! You are very unprofessional.I will tell you this we didnt love him for what he looked liked and yes we do want to know why he died, but if his family wants us to know they should have the oppertunity to tell us. And if it what you are trying to implacate you should have other leads to follow then again trying to make micheal a spectecle.Why dont you be a real official and find out what relly happend!!!IF THE WORLD FINDS THAT SOMEONE DID ANYTHING TO TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US GOD REST HIS SOUL BECAUSE HIS SPIRIT LIVES WITH GOD HE IS SOARING FREELY NOW. They better do something micheal will shrek yet another barrier and to save lives once again.REST IN PEACE,MICHEAL.pam and the kids

July 9, 2009 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  34. Anita Cammisano

Being of the same age as Michael Jackson, I have nothing but fond memories of him and his entire career...we grew up together. God definitely broke the mold when He created Michael.
    My question is, and it's really bothering me because I realize the love he shared with his children was so great...Is this question of who actually fathered these three children really necessary? Did these babies even realize, before their daddy's death, that he may not have been their "biological" father? It just seems to me that this matter shouldn't even be being discussed. Everyone seems to be speaking out of both sides of their mouths, proclaiming that they realize all the goodness Michael Jackson brought to the world, all the barriers he brought down, how he stood for this or that then on the other hand, what message are they sending to his babies by arguing his fatherhood; is it that he wasn't good enough? Come on. It's quite obvious to me that he and his kids had a wonderful bond, a magical relationship...any man can be a sperm donor, Michael Jackson was a father. How disrespectful is that to advertise his personal business like this?

July 9, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  35. Mignon

MJ's kids should stay with the Jackson family where there is familiarity and love. There are plenty of aunts and uncles to assume guardianship upon Mrs. Jackson's passing. Although they all may have their own entertainment careers, remember, MJ was the best entertainer that ever lived and yet he was also the best father to them. They should stay with the Jackson family. If Debbie Rowe truly cares about those kids, she will move on with her life.

July 9, 2009 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  36. Ruthie Samuels

I got up 1;00 a.m. just thinking of Mr. M J 's children and his mother they are so heavy on my heart PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE.................

July 9, 2009 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  37. QUETELIE

may God give courage to Jakson's family. At the return of Christ all beleivers will raise up from the dead and be with God and our lord Jesus Christ in the real glory for ever. M.J will rest in peace now it is our turn to beleive God and when death will surprise us we wil have that same hope by accepting Jesus Christ as our lord and savior and know how to walk away from iniquities and live the real life and joyfullness

July 9, 2009 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  38. Ruthie Samuels

I think C N N and all reporters need to leave Mr. M J "s children alone dam you people already have money you are just want more money by keep talking about who's the father . Mr. M J the father he took care of them and the grand mother should take care of them so what she is seventy nine the children can help her as much she can help them it is a mental and emotional thing it's not always about money . and if the grandfather suppose to been so bad then why you all did not do anything then ? you know why because he was making you all rich. my brother got kill in Baltimore (9/ 30/ 06) police act like that so what another poor person is dead I am still praying to find out who kill my brother on my own because the department will not help me we all know why. by the way my mother is 73 she keep 5 of her great grand children the oldest is 4 years old KUDOS TO GRAND MOTHERS some of them can be better parents to children more experiences. that's all the grandparents Mr. M J 's children know PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 9, 2009 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  39. bicky

God talks about having discipes on earth–michael was one of them–he was here to teach us to love one another and have peace and harmony–everyone needs to really look into this spirit he had.
    He was not guily of what everyone on this earth accused him of-but like Jesus he suffered for what he believed in.
    Money is the root to all evil–and that was his downfall–he was paid for what god put him on earth for.
    He spread Gods word thru his music...
    Everyone needs to see the man Michael was a man just full of love and a person who wanted this world this world to be a better place
    God is a mystery and brings angels like Michael to teach us this–I wish everyone would open there eyes and see what a true angel he was
    God will be with his children and family and they will be in his arms thru all this pain and heartache and God's love thru Jesus Christ will give us the strength to help all to open up everyones eyes to see the angel that Michael was.

We needs to open

July 9, 2009 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  40. Reena

CNN, especially Larry King, Remarkable coverage through out the week on MJ, Michael Jackson was a kind, loving and caring person which shined through his beautiful eyes with his so kind and soft, voice. Michael was a gift to the world. I just can't get over him, I play his music over and over. May he rest in peace and shine from above.

July 9, 2009 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  41. Shellie Lopes

I will cherish Michael and his music forever, I hope he is enjoying his angel wings in heaven, God Bless

July 9, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jacqueline

I like the above mentioned ideas of Rev. Al Sharpton, Rep. Sheila Jackson -Lee, D-Texas and facebook users. Michael Jackson inspired many people throughout the world with his humanitarian ideas through song, dance and good deeds. Let's do this and keep Michael's humanitarian legacy alive. I extend my sincere condolences to the family friends and fans of Michael Jackson.

July 9, 2009 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  43. Denise

Michael is the most beautiful intertwined ever! His beauty is purely from within. Gone too soon.......

July 9, 2009 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  44. kristin green

IN 1984, m.j was giving a concert in the Cleveland Ohio area. At this time , my l2 year old cousin Raymond Azre was in a nearby hospital dying of leukemia on the night of the concert Micheal , somehow learning of my cousins illness, had his "guys" send over a red leather jacket like the one he wore in Thriller to give to him. just a small example of michaels generosity, that not evryone knew about but nonthe less made my twelve year old cousin very happy before he died.

July 9, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  45. ziba

Hi,
    I don't know if anyone will read this, but I will try. I am iranian who lives in US for many years. I remember when my parents bought our first video player, we also bought Micheal Jackson's triller video as our first movie to watch.
    We were just showing this video to our relatves, friends over and over......
    Memorial service was very classic, and showed the world that MJ was agreat human being. But why do people are going so much into details and into his private life. To make him look bad again?
    Being myself a doctor, I like to ask this question? Aren't we breaking patient confidentiality here? This should not be presented as another hollywood show. It is amazing to see that one day MJ is he greatest talented atisit, and the next day all we concentrate on is that he had collapsed veins, and etc...

July 8, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Kathy

After all that is going on in our troubled world, job loss, wall street, war, embezzlement, etc., it was wonderful to see the outpouring of love for Michael Jackson. I wonder what God sees when he looks down on his mixed up and bewildered people. What happened to the authentic love we are suppose to have for one another? Leave the man alone. He has endured so much in this life. He had a troubled childhood, forced to perform at a young age, normal childhood taken away, loved by millions all over this world, then accused of child molestation. The only thing he truly had was the love of his kids and the love of his fans. The trials helped to question many things and it was one of the only things he truly had – the great love of his fans. How many of us could stand up to the scrutiny that he had to endure. Respect his life, pray for his children and remember that none of us is perfect. We all have ghosts in our closets.

July 8, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. shawn

We love you forever Michael. I have been to mo town 2 since his death. I am so sad. W elost somene so special. love you shawn

July 8, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Dianne

I think the media needs to stay out of the PERSONAL lives of celebrities. One thing that really bugs me is the video of Michael Jackson holding his infant son over the balcony. Yet, Steve Erwin (crock. hunter) can hold his child in front of an alligator and people laugh. To me that was much worse than what Mr. Jackson did. He was in control and with Mr. Erwin, the alligator was in control. He did not know if or when that alligator may strike. one more thing, he is the father of his 3 children. Adopted or not it doesn't matter. Let it go. Let this family move on with their loss. Stop proscuting people.
    Dianne

July 8, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Darrin "The Vent King"

Ode to Michael Jackson: “The Best That Ever Did It”

His human nature so kind,
    I’ll be there to listen whenever he’s played,
    Still a state of shock to my mind,
    Remembering the times of joy he gave

I’ll miss the music Michael and I can’t help it,
    For you always made us want to get on the floor,
    Your talent was off the wall and I felt it
    Blame it on the boogie I guess cause still I want more

It’s unreal, the way you made us feel,
    You were a thriller of a dancing machine,
    Watching you shake your body down to the ground was surreal,
    Still clapping at the Motown 25 performance of Billy Jean

It is simple as ABC, you were the best that ever did it,
    We are the world that witness the gift you displayed so well,
    Say, say, say what you want, but the feeling he gave was the realest,
    Your fans miss you, forever taking up residence at Heartbreak Hotel

“MJ 4 Life…”

July 8, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Diana

Michael was a very talented man, a humanitarian who gave not only his music, but himself. His innocence and belief in humanity betrayed him. He didn't realize how cynical and selfish people are - how they prefer to believe the worst rather than the best. I don't believe he ever thought anyone would believe he was capable to do those things. Now, he is gone and even though he was acquitted, still ... it never ends.

Such a tragedy. I never believed for one minute he did those things. Anyone with any insight can see he was a sensitive, compassionate man - anyone with that character does not have it in them to hurt anyone. it is interesting that all over the internet there is a claim that one of the children that accused him is now saying he didn't do it - how interesting no one in the media has investigated this story or even mention it. I guess they prefer to taint his memory.

If people really cared about his children - the innocent ones - what do you think you are doing to them? Hasn't he given enough ... suffered enough ... must everyone around him continue to suffer too?

Let him rest in peace. Let's celebrate his music ... his videos and give him peace – he has earned it ... FINALLY!

July 8, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sandra

I would love to say rest in peace micheal but I can't !!! How can micheal rest in peace really rest in peace when there is soooo much coverage on his drugs or use of drugs and waiting for reports on tests or where micheal will be buried and also knowing where his bueatiful children are going to reside! I truely believe a soul can't rest if things aren't found out and put to rest, it is called a restless soul. I believe he is one of those restless souls right now!! I believe in God, I believe that when God says its your time to go with him then its time but when you have a doctor in question then thats when I don't believe that its really your time to be with God. People get murdered in this world do you really think it was there time to leave this earth?? I don't !! but this is just my opinion and what I believe. He loved his children, his children was his life as also his fans too! His children also loved him very much too, I personaly think that if I was the mother of these children and knowing that they weren't with me but living with the father ever since they were born I COULD NEVER take them away from family that they have known all there lives! I know when this is all out and done with and he is buried then I know I can't truely say rest in peace micheal .

July 8, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ken- Buffalo

Make no mistake, Michael Jackson was a very talented dancer. In fact, I personally spent about one half hour with him in 1984. He was no Elvis though. Elvis had to face racial divide & moralistic scrutiny. Elvis truly paved the way for others. People tend to forget his immense contributions.
    Elvis never paid tens of millions to fend off molestation rumors.
    Oddly, they both went down the same path of self destruction. Perhaps immense fame will do that.

July 8, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Michael Tenorio

Michael Jackson was a transfromational entertainer. He transformed entertainment and took it to a new and exciting leval. No matter how you feel Michael's music makes any day much better. I play MJ for my students. He's the most requested artist in my classroom. Luck for us Michael's music will live forever. Till we meet in heaven my amigio.

July 8, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bri

My love and well wishes go out to the Jackson family in the lost of Michael Jackson, king of pop. However, I wish to say to the Rev Al Sharpton: Don't sell yourself short for the love of money. You carry the name of Reverend which is a high honor held to The All Mighty GOD. I understand you to say that Michael Jackson broke the racial barriers by being the first black to be featured on the cover of a magazine – The Rolling Stones (this was stated on the Michael Baisden show on Wednesday July 7, 2009). According to the Wikipedia magazine the Rolling Stones was founded in 1967. The first ten issues featured the following:
    Issue 1 John Lennon
    Issue 2 Tina Turner (Black – the racial barrier was broken here).
    Issue 3 The Beatles
    Issue 4 Jimi Hendrix (Black), Donovan, and Otis Redding (Black – the racial barrier was broken here.
    Issue 5 Jim Morrison
    Issue 6 Janis Joplin
    Issue 7 Jimi Hendrix
    Issue 8 Monterey Pop Festival
    Issue 9 John Lennon & Paul McCartney
    Issue 10 Eric Clapton

Al Sharpton, Reverend GOD don't lie. Don't associate with the All Mighty if you are not pure. Only the pure in heart shall see GOD. Michael Jackson's life is over. Don't loose your soul over a deseased person who can't here the things that are being said about him now.

July 8, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Karman Abel

I love Larry King...I watch almost every night. I think that we should all just leave the Children's parenting alone, Michael was their Father...just as adopted children belong to their parents...SO WHAT if he isn't the biological parent, he is the PARENT... I am 49 years old and grew up with Michael Jackson's music....we are all different, it is just very easy to ridicule people that aren't like us....I also don't believe he molested any child...maybe he did'nt use good judgement, I as a parent have slept on the same bed or in the same tent or where ever we might have been at the time with my daughter and her young friends you know a slumber party....we just think it is weird because he is a man...what a sad double standard, also there is not enough money in the world you could pay me to go away if I thought someone molested my child, I would want that person to go to prison, (I'm just saying)..I am however interested in what caused his death, only because we may can learn from it, if he passed from prescription drugs....I think someone or several someones should be in alot of trouble SHAME ON THEM....I realize it may have been hard to say no, if it meant losing a job, but now he is gone and they don't have a job. One more thing, my daughter is 21, she has always thought Michael was weird...she enjoys his music but she only knew the last 20 or so years, whenever she was old enough to realize who he was.....she had a hard time understanding what all the hoopla is about...kinda sad for me, but as I though about it I kinda felt the same way when Elvis died, I mean it is sad but I didnt understand why people were so upset, now I understand....my daughter thinks it is sad but also says his death is'nt any more important to his family as the neighbor down the street is to his family....What do I say to that...hard to explain our culture...I'm not sure there will ever be anyone in my daughter generation like Michael so she may never understand the feeling we (my generation) have regarding the death of our musical Icon.

July 8, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lana J. Boyd

Michael is the greatst entainer ever ! I was devastated to hear of his death ! I was fortunate enough to see Michael perform here in Knoxville , Tn . in 1982 , during the World's Fair . My son was very young at that time and now he is 37 years old . I will never forget the electricity and excitement that he brought to the stage . There is , nor ever will be another like him ! Michael is THE KING OF ENTERTAINMENT " . I watched the Memorial service for him on Tuesday and I cried the whole time ! I kept thinking , "this is someone's child , father , brother , uncle , grandchild , cousin , nephew , etc ". It was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful human being !
    I am apalled by the way , people here in these United States of America , (Home of the brave & Land of the Free) , treated him ! I feel as though we, the people of the "good ole USA '" sent him to an early grave ! Michael was a loving , caring , giving family man and humanitarian and he didn't deserve to be "Dogged out" by people , especially in his own homeland ! He was treated better in Foreign lands . We should be ashamed of ourselves , but you know Jesus Christ himself was talked about and crucified too . I am not calling Michael Jesus , but he deserved to be treated decently too because he was a child of God , as we all are . We are to judge not , as not to be judged . God knows who you are and how you treat all of your brothers and sisters , be assured of this ! Michael never had a childhood and tried to create one for himself when he afforded it . I think that his father , Joe , will also be held accountable for Michael & his siblings lives , as well . !
    Sleep on my brother and take your rest , we loved you Michael , but God loves you best ! I plan to see you in Heave , my brother !

Lana
    Louisville , Tn

July 8, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Dee

Michael legacy is music, kids. I as heard on TV his legacy won't be the drugs or surgeries. We do need to learn from it. Doctors need to stop catering to the celeb and treat them the same as me I would not be given drugs like that. We will remember Michael the same as we remember Elvis by his music. It was such a shock same as Elvis.

July 8, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Fannie Jones-Griffin

Emotion overwhelms me and I only wish I could make this better for his family. Michael, Janet and all the Jacksons have been woven into the fabric of our lives artistically, socially, and globally... Some of us are so blessed to have forgiving, compassionate, and caring hearts. Without these very critical characteristics you can not truly appreciate the wonderfulness that was and still is Michael Joseph Jackson. The naysayers don't understand that people who truly love Michael can not be swayed by the negative press. We don't care what is said because we honestly are in love with his soul, his very essence. I pray that his family, especially his children can be given the time they need to heal and grow closer.

July 8, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Joanne

Kudos Dr. Klein. As you said let us remember Michael Jackson as a person, a special human . Let us stop trying to get the gossip of celebs. Let the family have peace.

July 8, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Arlene

His passing hurts! My prayer to his kids.

July 8, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jan M.

Michael's sojourn on earth was filled with exemplary moments. We need to place his creativity and philanthropic efforts in the forefront.

July 8, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Laurie Lacey

Dr. Klein is a vevry respectful wonderful person. His concern regarding Michael's children is awesome. As a community and a mother, protecting the children should be a priority right now. Larry, I know its your job to dig and get to the truth. You are doing a great respectable job and I believe Michael would be proud. The world is devastated by this loss and the controversy. Keep up the good work and continue to honor his children. Afterall, if they were your children or mine we would want that even though we would not be here physically. No one knows what Michael went through and afterall, who are we to judge.

Laurie L. Lacey

July 8, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  63. linda

How can one thank the man who gave soo much. To the family that sacrificed all for our happiness, his courage, wisdom and determination to succeed will forever be a great challenge an inspireration to many generations to come. so long michael.

July 8, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Liz

Larry King's coverage of Michael Jackson has given us many valuable insights into this wonderful late entertainer's life and being. But, there is such a thing as going too far. Would Larry King like to be asked on global television whether he has sex with his wife, for instance? Would he like his doctor to come and speak about his medical problems after he has passed away? Come on! Please respect the late Mr. Jackson, and, above all else, his beautiful children.

July 8, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Debbie from Florida

I thank Michael Jackson's dermatologist, Dr. Klein, for being on the show and giving clarity to what had happened to Michael's skin over the years. The autoimmune diseases that he discussed are real and our medical doctors need to open their eyes to these many auto-immune diseases and what they are doing to us. Thank you, Dr. Klein, for your honesty and caring.

July 8, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Laurie Lacey

I love this doctor on your show today. He is honorable and classy. It takes a lot for a person to rise above all of the madness in this very sad situation. Larry, thanks for having him on. He has his priorities straight regarding the children. Afterall, the children will have to go on and as a community we must support them. Ask yourself, if they were your kids, would you want them hurt more. Your'e doing a great job and this Dr. Klein is so awesome. What a guy! Losing a parent is very traumatic for a child or adult. Let's do the right thing for these wonderful children.
    Love him!

July 8, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jacqui

Larry the media painted Dr.Klein as a con man but listening to him with you tonight shows him to be a genuine, honest & perhaps even a loyal friend to Michael...who cares if he donated sperm to Debbie Rowe...Michael fathered those children with lots of love, care & compassion surely showing the qualities of a REAL father

July 8, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Wendy

The World has lost a loving Icon and Everyone should let him rest in peace and leave his children alone...

July 8, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Gbenga Ogunlana

Stop all the negative reviews about Michael. He deserves our respect now that he's gone.

July 8, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Kate

Why would anyone care who the biological father of Michael's children is....it doesn't matter...what matters is that these kids are supported, loved and helped through this horrible ordeal. Leave it alone already. It's no one's business. These are Michael's kids and again no one's business. Leave the children alone

July 8, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  71. samantha

I agree June 25th should be MJ rememberance day. He did so much good. It will be for me regardless!

July 8, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Samira

The world has lost the most wonderfull person.
    I always prayed to God that he will allow me to meet Michael Jackson one day. I was his biggest fan. I love Michael like he was apart of my family and I will always love him. Where ever I go, I will carry him with me. He mad everyone feel special. He made me believe in something bigger for my life. I love him. I wish I met him. I will meet him in haven one day, god willing.

PS. I just want to tell everyone that the media made Michael doubt himself and what he ment to the world. People stop buying tabloids. Stop giving the media power. By buying it, you are telling them that it is ok to spread lies about poeple. Michael called them garbage and tha't exactly what they are! F*** THE PRESS, MICHAEL IS THE BEST!!!

July 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Denisse

Let the poor man Rest in Peace...."We Love Michael"

July 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. debbib burton

I watched Michael's memorial from my home.It was very touching and presented with the utmost respect that he and his family deserve. My heart was broken when his daughter Paris spoke of her daddy Michael has always been loved and will always be loved. He may be gone, but he will never be forgottenTHANK-YOU FOR LETTING ME BE A PART IN MICHAELS MEMORIAL.

July 8, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Angela

It never ceases to amaze me the lies that people still tell, and the ludicrous remarks they have made about Michaels death. To say that this poor man was not EMACIATED at 5 ft 11 inches tall, and 112 lbs. Who are they trying to kid??? We will NEVER know what killed Michael because just like everything else, there will be a million speculations, and gossip stories told, and never a bit of truth about it. The type of lupus Michael had was due to an excessive use of drugs. Read it on Wikopedia. I loved Michael, and my heart grieves for him, and most for his children. To put these children in the same home as Michael was abused in is absolutely unbelievable. . Michael's mother NEVER protected Michael from his abusive father, nor will she protect HIS children from Joe Jackson. This man used terror tactics for monetary gain. Jermaine said, he is the reason for all that Michael had. I think the truth is, Michael ended up the way he was because everyone covered up what his father done to him. Michael told how horrible his life was in an interview, and what happens, he is made to feel guilty about being angry with his father. Why people cover for this abuser bafflels me. Even if its a parent, when children are at stake, the truth HAS to be told. Oh, and PLEASE STOP CALLING AL SHARPTON AND JESSE JACKSON REVERANDS!!! HE AND JESSE JACKSON ARE NOT SYMBOLS OF A REVERAND, THEY ARE TROUBLE MAKERS, LOOKING FOR AIR TIME....

July 8, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Eva Speller

This week I have learned more about Micheal Jackson than I have ever known. I saw a white woman on television talking about how Micheal was with her son that died, I felt a flood of warmth that flooded my heart and I knew then that he had love for all human people. This was a special person that comes only once in our life time. I really want to learn more and more. I saw the woman from congress telling how he worked for AIDS. The different organizations that he gave to. We have really lost a special person. My heart aches for him, his family and his children. There are no words to describe how I fill. I am a minister in my church and my heart felt the love from him even after he was gone. The past is over, Jesus forgives us for anything that we
    have done wrong, that's why he died on the cross, He came to die for our sins. It's over. We don't know what happened between Micheal and God on his last day. He was alone, just him and God. I loved him but now I have more love for this man that everyone miss understood.

July 8, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Tina

rhythm, movement, joy and laughter. that is what MJ has given us.

July 8, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Ann

It's time to let MJ rest in peace. Remember him by his music.

July 8, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Linda D. Norton

Goodnight, Sweet Prince. R.I.P.

July 8, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Elaisha

Puerto Rico cried MJ, and we will miss him. Our hearts goes out to his family.

July 8, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Elaisha

MJ you was,were and will be the King of Pop forever....love you

July 8, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Felicia

All that I can remeber is, there has always been MIchael Jackson. What will we do without him....

July 8, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Elaisha

the world will truly miss you including me, love you MJ

July 8, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  84. dhansen

for the sake of the children, leave questioning their parental genetics alone...mj was their "daddy." god bless the kids for what they have to endure from inquiry minds

July 8, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Naziat

Michael Jackson was an extraordinary human being, not only through his singing but humanitarianism as well

July 8, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Constance

Elvis had a stamp. Michael will... definitely. I never thought I'd use both their names in the same paragraph regarding their deaths. When Michael married Lisa Marie, people said Elvis was rolling in his grave. I don't think so. Elvis and Michael were two individuals in this colorful world, who didn't LOVE in COLOR. They simply loved no matter what. I'm only 27, and being an Elvis fan, I couldn't have imagined how painful it was for his fans to lose such an inspirational icon... Now I know. I know deeply. I would not have had such wonderful memories from my childhood if it had not been for him. We have lost our immortal king. Our inspirations hold a dark cloud for now. One day he will open them and sing to our souls once more. For those of us who never got to see him in concert or have had the honor of being close to him, we will. We'll see him when our time comes. Until then, we will sing for him. Just sing.

July 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Yvonne Hamilton

May Michael rest in peace. I loved him dearly because I could relate with him in life, however, on a more smaller scale. For example, I know that I am on this earth for a divine purpose and when people are aware of such divine presence in one's life, they become jealous and devious toward such person. Michael will live on in my heart forever. He was definitely loved by me, although, I never met him personally. Michael could have been my husband because I can relate with his life. He was such a lovely man and I would have taken good care of him. It is just unfortunate that he didn't like brown skin women like myself so I know I wouldn't have gotten a chance to be his wife. In any event, I love his music and him for the the person he was. He was not GUILTY of horrible lies those money demons accused him of. Remember Larry, money is the root of all evil! Thank you for supporting him and his family, may God bless you always.

Love Yvonne

July 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  88. kim solis

I just wanna say to the family be strong and may god and michael be with you all.also I await his life and music to live on through one if not all of his children.god blesses his children to have a father like michael.

July 8, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  89. perry wright

Its sad that any one had to die but enough is enough.Why do you people over due every thing you report.OVER KILL.you just lost me.as a viewer.None of you have a true journalist

July 8, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  90. MARIA, HOLLYWOOD

i think we should have a national holiday for michael jackson, on august 29..should it be called michael jackson world humanity day
    the day the world gives..

July 8, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Cathy Junkin

We lost a precious sole. A light that shone so bright that no one else can even come close too being able to duplicate. I don't think some people even realize the extent of what we have lost here on this precious planet. Michael Jackson was a sweet soul who only wanted to entertain others, who wore his heart on his sleeve and bled his entire being to make others happy. He gave so much to all of us and what did he get in return heartache and backlash. May he rest in peace now. No more pain, no more grief and he can live with his maker in peace. Now we are the ones left with pain and grief that we allowed this special soul to leave us too soon. We love you Michael.

July 8, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Alwin Gold

Michael the best and i hope that everything good go with him where ever he is right now I Love Michael with all my Heart Michael is natural King from Birth That something special god give to him that no one can take it away Michael Jackson Have and will never be no compare

July 8, 2009 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Wanza

Michael has already left his mark with returning the 1950s and 1960s artists, their publishing rights of their songs like Little Richard for example.

July 8, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Kathy

I went to see my doctor today for a follow-up visit for my chronic low back pain, and something happened there that shocked me. I could not wait to get home to write you to tell you about it.

When I checked in for my appointment, the receptionist told me I needed to give a urine sample. They have never asked for this before! I asked why, and she said they are “just having everyone do it.” I didn’t need to ask anymore questions because it hit me why.

The doctor I see is a spine specialist, and he prescribes pain medication to several patients who suffer with back pain. Personally, I have been on two prescribed pain medications for almost two years now for chronic back and hip pain from injuries I sustained. Anyway, as I sat down in the waiting room, I burst into tears because I knew their request for a urine sample was due to the events surrounding Michael’s death.

You see, Michael is going to make one of the largest humanitarian efforts he has ever made. As you know, prescription drug addictions and deaths are phenomenal, all over the world. Michael’s death has brought a massive awareness to this problem, and doctors are going to start taking bigger precautions and watch their patients more closely now. As a result, many lives will be saved. I myself will start looking for alternate ways to deal with my pain.

Even in death, Michael will continue to heal the world.

- Kathy

July 8, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Wanza

Michael will leave his mark with the countless charities, the implementation of a burn unit, and the UNCF. He used his celebrity status to shed light on many social causes, just listen to Can You Feel It?, Earth Song, Man in the Mirror, and Gone Too Soon.

July 8, 2009 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  96. mari MA

JUST CONTINUE! That we have to do('_')!

July 8, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lisa

To me Michael Jackson was a wonderful man whose music always spoke to my heart. Now that he is gone the media need to leave him in peace the peace he so wanted in life he should now have in death. These stories about who his childrens father is well let me tell you this no matter who their biological father is he is there daddy and no one can or should try to take that away from them LEAVE THOSE POOR BABIES ALONE they just had their world rocked and lost there daddy. Anyway we love you Micael rest in peace sweert prince we will miss you

July 8, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jane S.

As I watched the Memorial Service for Michael I was deeply moved. I am sad at the fact that this man had such a stressful life. He sacraficed so much to make so many happy. May his three children take comfort that their daddy will live forever in our hearts. They can be proud of his legacy and know that he was a man who wanted nothing more than to live life. Nothing else really matters. He was human and had flaws as we all do. God Bless his family and may they all find comfort in knowing he was admired by more than he ever realized. RIP Michael and Thank you!

July 8, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  99. ANEITA KILGORE

When I first heard that Michael has died I went numb. My hearts go out to his family, especially to his children. Michael you will always be the world best entertainer ever. God bless and rest in peace.

July 8, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  100. elissar

I adore this man in every single aspect of him. He is not only the king of pop, but the God of pop. micheal is my idol forever. eversince i was a kid i felt that i have a spiritual bond to the man in the mirror, to micheal himself

July 8, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Chris

Why should anyone help pay for MJs memorial? How much did his trial cost ? How much did it cost MICHAEL LOTS OF MONEY AND PROBABLY HIS LIFE! What goes around comes around. Anyone who helps pay is a FOOL!

July 8, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |