July 7th, 2009

King: Jackson brought the world together

Bernice King, daughter of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., reflected on the uniqueness of Michael Jackson. "Throughout the ages, few are chosen amongst us to use their gifts and talents to demonstrate God's love in an effort to bring the world together in true sister and brotherhood," she said. "Michael was such the one."

1. divadru

Michael, we love you for each of the forefronts that you mastered. You have left an amazing legacy. I hope you can see and are proud of the LOVE that is outpouring for you from the entire world. May you Rest in the hands of God and the angels see you – so happy – in your new home. We love you, your children and your music – forever.

August 11, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. divadru

The comments and reflections of Bernice King in recognizing the humaness of Michael Jackson is so heartwarming and important to help others acknowledge the value of the man that MJJ was.

August 11, 2009 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jean Powers

My heart goes out to the children and I hope they are allowed to
    choose where they want to go.

July 9, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Stephanie

You must be either a king lover or just a dumb p-–, but either way, it's fine not to post my message, I got it out many other places. They are hypocrites and you just hide the facts. Great journalism Jordan !

July 8, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dianarosa

I also hope that the kids would stay with their grandmother and that the Jackson family could passed this difficult time with many prayers and love ones. For those whom had judged MJ please read 1 JOHN 1:8-10. That said it ALL. May the Lord grant him peace!

July 8, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. densie

I hope and pray the kids parents will be them alone. They need to stay together with the Jackson's. That is all they know! When Paris looked at her little brother-that was real.

July 7, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Shelley Ridge

I was really moved by the fact me and my daughter watched the memorial service together and we are 20 years apart in age but micheal meant so much to both of us. he brought joy and life to many. How many children went to bed with food in there stomach because of him. He gave and gave and was treated so poorly , I always knew he was a great man first and an entertainer second we will miss you

July 7, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rosse-Mary Cadima

I always said that Michael had the genuine love for children, I feel that he really appreciated the most precious gift of God, i believe he had a plan to change many children's life for the best, but unfortunately his plan was wrongfuly interrupted and this sadness consumed him.
    It breaks my heart we did not show him how much he met to us long before his departure. I'm glad he had his children to love, to them I say: Your dad was an awsome human beign to the whole world, he was blessed with the most magical talent and he had a heart of gold.
    I'm thankful to have leaved in his time and feel the wonderful emotions he inspired in me, I love his music, I love Michael for ever.

July 7, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. G

This did MJ justice. BET, please take note.

July 7, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |