June 30th, 2009

Paul McCartney remembers Michael Jackson

Paul McCartney is speaking out for the first time about Michael Jackson's shocking death.

McCartney and Jackson have a long history together - they worked on two big songs in the 80s: "The Girl is Mine" and "Say Say Say."

Michael also owns the rights to the Beatles song catalog - he outbid Paul back in 1985.

Here's what Paul has to say:

"I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."

For the brand-new developments on Jackson’s final days and memorial plans, watch Showbiz Tonight tonight at 11p ET/PT on HLN.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Next entry »
  1. Stomach Bloating

there would be no other king of rock and roll like elvis presley, he is the best and a legend .,,

December 13, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. Harry Brown

No one will beat the king which is Elvis Presley.~:"

June 30, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ray

Michael Jackson was a great entertainer I grew up with his music I hope he rests in peace with Jesus. But Elvis Presley will always be the greatest of all music that ever walked the earth!

July 9, 2009 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rck Jones

here is how it goes ladies and genitiles...this is the king of pop. sure he was messed up a bit. but so is EVERYONE in the music biz.....take a number. who cannot say they are not ...........Michael Jackson brought the world MTV.......rock pop......and all the glamor that goes with it. I dont know for sure that all the allegations are true....but i do believe this man was a musical master. we all have our moments..........Put on them shoes Baby!!!

July 8, 2009 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cassie Navin

Even thought i am only 13 i miss him so much rip his soul and if this is showed i feel for you the jackson family. R.I.P Micheal Jackson

July 7, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. darc n

I remember seeing Michael Jackson perform the moon walk and me wanting to learn everything about him and this crazy new dance. That took me to Herbie Hancock, Run DMC, Areosmith etc etc..The music, dance, style, movies, media that he has influenced is really unmeasurable. And ffor those who are jealous and still want to kick him down...come on...let it go. The fact that you are watching the memorial says that you have been influenced too.

July 7, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sherry Hardy

Tears for Michael-

I am compelled to write this out of love, respect, shock & loss.
    I hope people remember all the good & great things Michael did for all of us as he looked at the man in the mirror & inspired us all to do the same, united ebony & ivory to look beyond color and allowed us all to love one another no matter what the color of our skin to pave the way for the American people to elect the first African American President.

We are the world, we are the children, let us all step up & continue to unite for the greater good of man, keeping his greatest wish alive.

My deepest heartfelt sympathy

July 7, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. deano

The business concerning the beatles catalog is between Paul & Michael or at least it was. The catalog was sold publicly which means the highest bidder can take it and run. That doesn't make MJ a bad person...just a very smart one. If Sir Paul wanted to avoid something like that from happening then the deal he had with Sony Music should have stipulated a clause in their contract that protected his property rights from being publicly auctioned...open and shut case. MJ was a shrewd business man so get a grip and stop slamming his good name.

In life, one must be cunning and shrewd to get ahead...or else you finish last like the old saying goes, friendo, "Nice guys finish last" No offense to you, Sir Paul McCartney, I have the fondest respect for you as a human being and a genius musical artist. God Bless you all...

MJ lives forever...he is the KING OF POP...KING OF DANCE...KING OF VIDEOS.

July 3, 2009 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joel

The entertainment world is such a cut throat business.
    When you are on top of your game, people love you and adore you,but the VERY SECOND you fall people are all over you like leaches.
    In his day Michael was great. That is how I will remember him.Did he have problems??? Oh, hell yes he did!!! and people were all over him.
    Now that he is gone the very same people that were all over him for his problems are crying about how great he was. Hypocrites!!!
    Thank you for the years of music Michael, I hope now you can find peace and rest away from the torment that is life as we know it here on earth.

July 2, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bill D

No Tiff, we don't catch your drift

July 2, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BILL

Hope the pediophile rots in hell

July 2, 2009 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  12. TIFFANY

I'M SO TIRED OF IDIOTS MAKING UNNESSARY COMMENTS ABOUT MICHAEL. IF YOU DON'T HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY,KEEP YOUR IGNORANT TRASH COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. GO BE MISERABLE ON ANOTHER SITE. AND BY THE WAY,ELVIS IS NOT KING OF ROCK AND ROLL. THE ONES BEFORE HIM ARE TRUE KINGS. HE JUST HAPPEN TO MAKE IT MORE ACCEPTABLE IN THOSE TIMES,CATCH MY DRIFT.

July 2, 2009 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Vern

Michael Jackson does not deserve any respect. He was a freak and a child molester. He's gone, get over it.

July 1, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sneak

He called Michael Jackson a "scumbag" a couple of years ago on the Howard Stern show.

July 1, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. @FunkyDee

I once owned a horse. It's name was Michael, but I can't remember it's last name.

July 1, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. Anonymous

It warms my heart to see that Sir Paul had kind words for Michael Jackson in this sad time. Death is a time where differences are cast into the 'Sea of Forgiveness' because whatever differences that were had between the two of them, NO LONGER MATTER!! Kudos to Sir Paul.

July 1, 2009 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. william cordova

It is true, the King of Pop was MIchael Jackson, The Godfather was James Brown and the Queen of Soul is Aretha Franklin! Prince is and will always be Prince!!

ps. Chuck Berry is the King of Rock, there is none higher...besides he invented Rock & Roll Music just ask John Lennon...RIP

July 1, 2009 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. Annette

OK people lets talk please leave { Micheal Jackson } Alone He was just like the rest of Us I am sure you are no suppose to speak { ILL }of the Dead . I hope all you People out there with so much bad to say about this Man gets A visit from His Ghost . let him rest now you crazy people . I love to see Him pre form He was Great and the world is going to be short one more good performer God don't play its for him to judge.not us keep it up boooo.

July 1, 2009 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. Miss you mj

It a shame micheal is not getting the respect he deserves. We the people dont care about his private life,we all are gonna die from something and all these ppl with stuff to say now where were you before he died!! Mj is the best to ever do it! Stop comparing mj to all these ppl because there is none! Elvis, prin diana plz. Mike effected billions not millions

June 30, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Donna A. Reuter-Mersey Girl, Bremerton, WA

Sir Paul,

Michael stabbed you in the back and I believe that he got The Beatles song catalog, which belongs to you (also to Julian and Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison, and Ringo), when he interfered in ongoing legal negotiation when you and Yoko were trying to get the songs back.

Several years ago, I had a business law class, if my memory serves me right, is it illegal to interfere with an ongoing legal negotiation. If so Michael Jackson interfered with Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono's attempt to get ownership of The Beatles' music catalog.

Please do not remember him fondly, he used you and Yoko for his own gain.

June 30, 2009 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Al Stevens

It was wrong to refer to Michael Jackson as the king of rock as I heard one announcer do last weekend. That continues to be Elvis Presley and will always be...

June 30, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |