June 30th, 2009

Farrah's Funeral

I'm outside the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in downtown Los Angeles, where Farrah Fawcett's funeral is about to be held.

We just saw her longtime companion, Ryan O'Neal, enter the cathedral.

Their son Redmond, who has been undergoing drug treatment within the LA County jail, has been given permission by a judge to attend the funeral.

He'll be let out for a maximum of three hours.

We also hope to see Farrah's fellow angels, Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd. But Farrah's publicist, Paul Bloch, won't say who is expected to attend.

I wasn't sure how many media outlets would be covering because of all of the focus on Michael Jackson. But a huge number of TV crews and still photographers are across from the cathedral.

Earlier we saw beautiful floral arrangements from Mark's Garden brought in. Some workmen also toted in giant foliage (trees that looked like they had been freshly chopped down) but then they carted them back out about 30 minutes later.

I'll have more updates later.

1. Christie

It saddens me that her dearth is overshadowed by Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson has nothing on Farrah

July 7, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. riflessioniquotidiane

i am so sad. sleep my angel!

July 1, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kim Lopez

A very sad day. I was a freshman in high school trying desperately to perfect that hair. I loved farrah and she will always be my idol.

Kim

July 1, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kimberly

R.I.P Farrah....you were truly a legend in my time...i grew up thinking you were the most beautiful Angel...still are now heaven can enjoy you...and we will have your contributions to sitcoms,movies and docudramas.....the pain is over....soar...soar in the heavens....you will be missed.

July 1, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jean Powers

You no longer have any pain and are up with all other angels –
    am sure you are happy and deserving of it. You will be missed
    and you leave a great legacy. I to wish you were given the attention
    as MJ – don't believe he comes anywhere near you and your
    contribution to this life. He took you gave .
    Rest in peace
    Jean P.

July 1, 2009 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. thinker

Sleep well my angel.

July 1, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Geraldine Marsh

I think it is so unfair that michael jackson is made out to be more important that a truely beautiful person in every way. R I P Farrah you deserve your peace now. Goodbye Angel Geraldine a devoted fan in England..

July 1, 2009 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. lisa

I feel so bad to hear about the death of farrah, I know that both farrah and micheal were famous but I feel they should be treated equal on reviewing there famous life,

June 30, 2009 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lori

Farrah,

Rest in Peace..You will be with us forever.

June 30, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sandy S

Farrah, I think you were the most beautiful woman of my time, so healthy and athletic. You will be missed, but you will make Heaven a more beautiful place.

June 30, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. kimmmy

we all loved her full hair ,every girl in school was running to get a hair cut like farrah and to buy her great smelling shampoo We love you farrah i know your pain is no more.We will never forget you.

June 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gary

Farrah you were every teenager's sweetheart, you were an inspiration to a whole generation. Most of all you showed us courage in your final role.

God bless you, and your loved ones, you are truly an Angel now.

June 30, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. James

Rest in peace beatiful lady! thank you for all the joy you gave us! You were an angel.....and now you are one again!

June 30, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. carl

Rest in Peace Farrah. We love ya. You don't have to suffer anymore.
    God bless .

June 30, 2009 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bob h

Sad day for us all-wish we had seen more of her in public in her later years. Seems so much sadder than the tragic and bizarre death of MJ. Clearly for us baby boomer males-the end of an era-doesn't feel good that she didn't grow old with us.

June 30, 2009 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |