June 25th, 2009

Ryan O'Neal releases statement

Showbiz Tonight has just received this statement from Ryan O’Neal on the passing of his longtime love Farrah Fawcett. Farrah was also the mother of his son Redmond.

“After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world.”

Ryan also spoke to PEOPLE Magazine telling them that:

"She's gone. She now belongs to the ages. She's now with he mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She's in a better place now. She was with her team when she passed ... Her eyes were open, but she didn't say anything. But you could see in her eyes that she recognized us."

Ryan told PEOPLE that while Redmond wasn’t able to be at her side, he spoke to her on the phone telling her "how much he loved her and asked her to please forgive him that he was so very, very sorry."

Please call us at Showbiz Tonight and share your memories of Farrah Fawcett. We will play some of them tonight. Call us at Showbiz On Call: 888-SBT-BUZZ (888-728-2899). Tune in to Showbiz Tonight at 11pm Eastern and Pacific on HLN to hear your calls.

1. lien tom

Aren't they on the cover of People this week talking about their problems, their baby plans? Privacy? Silly for CNN to fall for their load of hogwash.

June 21, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. Deborah

Farah,

You were a beautiful and amazing woman. Your smile was like the rising sun. I enjoyed you on Charlie Angels. Rest on Farah. You were as brave as they come. Best

June 28, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. rosem

Farrah was such a beautiful person. May the heaven's sing with joy.

June 28, 2009 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. SMC

I am so very saddened that Farrah has died. She was so strong and brave and I believe a truly beautiful person.

June 27, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. lecount mclaughlin

Farrah Fawcett was a true beauty and an incredible actress. RIP Farrah

June 27, 2009 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jo

Blessings to a beautiful woman who so selflessly shared the most intimate parts of her life with millions of viewers making cancer awareness her greatest gift. I know that she is running freely in God's kingdom. We love you Farrah. You will be forever missed.

June 25, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JA

As a teenager in the 70's, Farrah was a goddess. She was beautiful on the outside, and as her courageous battle against her cancer proves, she was also beautiful on the inside. She will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time.

June 25, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. renee

she will always be remembered as the beautiful girl on the wall of my brothers bedroom to me. As I grew up I also relized she was a very strong wonderful woman and a great actress. God bless her and her family.

June 25, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. blessy

Prayers for the family and friends of Farrah. I watched all the original tv series Charlies Angels since 13 years old,especially Farrah and shes an angel. She was famous in the Philippines. Rest in Peace Farrah

June 25, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. laura snyder

I've watched thier love for each other on tv and in the news, for years,,read the good times and the bad times,,I'm only 64,,and have watched them for many years on tv,,,she's with god now and at peace,,thank you Ryan for being at her side at the end,,I lost my husband,,10 years ago and still cry eveyday,,,,,she knows your sorry Redmand,,,she know's,,God bless you at this time,,,he will take care of her now just someone who was a fan way back in the beginning Laura

June 25, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. diane

A beautiful lady taken by such an ugly, ugly disease. RIP Farrah

June 25, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jeanne

Rest in peace Farrah!!

June 25, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Alesia

She's truly and Angel now. May God bless her son and her family

June 25, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ann

I am sad. We shall miss her. Glad she is out of her terrible pain. It must be lovely on the other side.

June 25, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |