June 25th, 2009

Michael Jackson has died

There is absolutely tragic news to report tonight. Michael Jackson has died at the age of 50.  He was rushed to UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles in cardiac arrest after a 911 call came in at 12:21pm PT.

Jackson, nicknamed "The King of Pop," was part of The Jackson Five before breaking out on his own and achieving worldwide fame. His album, Thriller, has sold more than 50 million copies and is the best-selling album of all time.  He was married twice, to Debbie Rowe and to Lisa Marie Presley and is survived by three children, Prince Michael Jr, Paris Katherine and Prince Michael II.

Call us at Showbiz On Call -888-SBT-BUZZ (888-728-2899)- with your memories and thoughts about Michael Jackson. And be sure to tune into Showbiz Tonight at 11pm ET/PT on HLN to hear your calls and for the latest developments.

1. Greatest Company on Earth

You could certainly see your expertise in the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

June 28, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Diane M Charles

As a 53 year old African -American female, who grew up with Michael Jackson on TV, I was unaware of all the positive contributions of Michael Jackson. I didn't know what a philanthropist he was, nor of the fact that "He" opened the color lines on MTV. Of course I was aware of his most popular music but seldom saw his video's on television most recently–prior to his death. As an "American Citizen"Michael Jackson should have enjoyed the "Innocent until proven Guilty" rights afforded U.S. citizens by the U.S. Constitution. His life should not have been soo miserable. He should have been able to walk down the street without being harrassed. I hope that his death will have posotive results for other stars as well as common citizens. I hope our citizens will cease to judge people based solely on opinions. I hope the media will learn to give the stars a little "Breathing Room" and cease to make their life soo miserable. Maybe there should be laws enacted to this effect. Even after Michael was proven "innocent" in court, he was still "treated" guilty!

July 7, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Xavier Jewett

The world has lost a musical legend. There was so much 2 love about him not just his music, his love 4 children, his energy, his looks and the wonderful person he was. He was my favorite artist I couldnt believe it when I heard that he passed it was almost unreal because I always thought I'd met him or c him in concert now it's 2 late. This is a sad time 4 everyone friends, family and fans but we have 2 learn 2 be strong he is gone but thought of everyday and was loved so much. I will really miss him and I can't wait 2 get up there and c him.

Xavier Jewett

June 29, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cheryl

nooooooooo not Michael Jackson. A kind loving human being....what a rotten shame. I always admired him and with his family and friends strength to get through this. Michael I hope is smiling down on us seening just how many people truly adored him. may he rest in eternal pease. Cheryl, Toronto, Canada

June 29, 2009 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LaShawn G.

Michael Jackson will always be the greatest entertainer that ever lived. As a child, one of my very first memories of Michael was listening to the "Off the Wall" album over and over again in my parents’ basement when I was about 5 or 6 years old. At that time all I knew was that the beat was bangin', and I just had to move too it. Which is how I learned to dance, listening to the beats that had so much rhythm that you couldn't help but move too it. Years later when the "BAD" album came out I had an opportunity to see Michael in concert at the Omni in Atlanta, Ga. Yes, I was still in "ah" of him and I will never ever forget the way he and his music made me feel. Michael is one of the only artists whose music is timeless and still has that bangin' beat with simple groves that you just can't help but to dance too. Michael you will truly be missed and I will love you forever, your entire family will be in my prayers.

June 28, 2009 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rameisia Griffin

People please let him rest in peace! Remember the man and what he contributed! Not his faults! Nobody is perfect! And only god can judge! Don't be so hateful! Love like he did! Don't hate!

June 26, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lamar Cole

The passing of Michael Jackson is like a star being plucked from the sky. The sky becomes dimmer.

June 26, 2009 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |