June 22nd, 2009

New drama for Jon and Kate?

Just when it seemed we were finally getting answers in the Jon and Kate saga, there's more. Right after their special “announcement” episode aired, Kate and Jon released individual statements implying there's much more to the story!

Kate Gosselin released the following statement to Showbiz Tonight:

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children.  While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

Jon released his own statement as well:

"Yesterday, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn’t change that. This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me. We are no different than other couples and parents who are facing a crossroads in their marriage. I am of course deeply saddened that we are divorcing."

1. arlene

We all know what a control freak Kate is. However both of them are nothing more than media whores. They like nothing more then to see the pap! Although Kate complains about them, she would be looking for them if they were not around. And Jon likes nothing more to have the cameras following him around. Kate has been hitting the talk shows crying for the cameras(please feel sorry for me, Oh Its all about my kids) Oh kate just give it a rest. And Jon you just love all the attention your now getting good or bad your loving every minute of this nightmare too. You love being spotted with different women. You both need to grow up. Your kids have more sense then the 2 of you. Your both Media Whores.

August 21, 2009 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. M

What has America come to when all anyone can talk about is Jon & Kate? Don't we have two wars this country is engaged in? Economic crisis and people losing their homes? Come on people.

June 24, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. anndema

If they really want to do what is best for the show, they will stop it, get into some serious family counselling and make peace within their family!

This show has had a very negative impact on the couple, so I can only imagine what is happening in the minds of the children.

If they don't want the limelight, they can step out of it and fix their problems without being on camera! Some 15 minutes of fame can't make up for a broken marriage and family. I'm hoping for the best for all of them.

June 24, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MommaM

HMMMM I wonder how long Jon's new girlfriend will stay in the picture once the money stops rolling in. I know that sounds heartless but it is "reality". I believe they both love their children but I think that Jon has a lot of growing up to do. I truly felt sad for Kate last night.

June 23, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chilli

Another selfish woman the world is full of them. Always thinking they can do better than what they have.

June 23, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CAROLYN

Kate is not a victim, Kate is not a victim, Kate is not a victim. While she didn't appear to be opportunistic at the outset of the show. I can remember an uncomfortable feeling in my gut towards her (a Christian) who began to imply as the show progressed, that she was planning to take advantage of every opportunity (gifts, trips, etc.)offered to her children and had no plans of apologizing for it. A "change" began to occur, her "gratefulness" began to sound insincere, as though she realized that she needed to sound thankful. Whenever achieving "things" ($,etc.)becomes more important than your relationship with your spouse, then ultimately – hurt your children, you must re-evaluate who you say you are and who you really are. The spirit that we feed the most is the spirit that is most dominant. Even though the orginal Kate was pretty nastty at times, perhaps she should have kept the old body and hair. She has sacrificed her family for fame that she continues to shamefully claim is for the future of her children. I believe that monetarily their future is well set. I bet you Jon had tried to warn Kate of what was happening and she as usual disrepected his point of view.

June 23, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rita stanley

no i don't think the show should go on.Kateis all about the money that she would want the show to continue regardless.How many parents in this country who have 5 or more children can take their kids to the places those 8 children have been to????Not in this economy -enough is enough'.

June 23, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. adunlop

Most obvious explanation?
    Kate saying "Jon’s activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children. While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding...". To me that reads:
    Jon is in a relationship with someone else and he wants out.

Why else would he want a divorce so fast?

June 23, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kikai

Knowing how painful a divorce can be, I feel bad for Jon and Kate. Kids recover well from things like this, and it is better to have 2 happy, separate parents than 2 parents in a marriage that doesn't work. Jon seems more honest than Kate in his feelings and in admitting he did something wrong. I don't see that from Kate at all. She still firmly believes that she is not in the wrong and has always had the kids best interest at heart. I disagree. I think she needs to take stock and realize that a marriage is always 50/50, even when things go wrong. If Jon was too passive, she allowed or encouraged it. Things don't happen in a void. I am done watching the show. Been there, done that. :) And it all worked out in the end. My hope is that Jon and Kate get healthy emotionally and don't carry their manipulations and controlling/passive attitudes into the next relationship.

June 23, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jerica

FAMILY LIFE WEEKEND TO REMEMBER IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY! IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND I THINK JON AND KATE SHOULD KICK THE CAMERAS OUT....AND EXHAUST EVERY AVENUE BEFORE "STEPPING OFF THE DANCEFLOOR"

MARRIAGE IS SACRED!!! DIVORCE IS TOO EASY!

June 23, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joan Walls

I think the show should be discontinued and for that matter TLC is just as much at fault here for using these children who have no say in the mater. Who of the parenst is most at fault ~ its never one sided and both should have known when to pull out.

its bad all round and these children will forever have this tigma , noteriety. Live apart from thier kids ~ how convenient .

Sad all round

June 23, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. clarissa

It is too bad that Jon is only 32 years old, what is that even supposed to mean? He needs to grow up and realize that he is a father and a husband and should've thought about his age when making that decision to be a husband and father. Kate needs to ease up and not feel like she needs to micromanage every aspect of their lives. It is ok if Jon dresses them in an outfit that she didn't specifically lay out, it doesn't matter. This family really has it all, 8 healthy childredn who very likely could've been born with serious problems, they need a reality check!

June 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. marie

With wimp like Jon and probably also a cheater, no wonder Kate is divorcing him. I feel sorry for Kate.

June 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. majeda mohamad

I think it is time to stop any reality show , and better kate take care of her 8 kids.Jon on the last show locks rediculuswearing earrings and it is not a good example at all.

June 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donna

Kate had no choice but to file. After last night's episode (filmed a month ago), Jon's been the one out enjoying his new found independentce by publicly romancing his mistress. He's a jerk. Kate's not perfect, but she's a mom who loves her children. Jon only cares about getting earrings, partying with underage girts and being with his girlfriend. He's pathetically immature. Kate really had 9 children when you count Jon in!

June 23, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. teacher

What is going on with Jon's earrings? Is this a premature mid-life crisis?

June 23, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JUST ME

Jon was never a true partner in this whole thing. Kate did 99.9% of all the work and planning to make the family run as it should.
    As a child raised in a large family ( 8 children and 2 adults) it takes alot of hard work and dedacation to make the world go round and Jon just went for the ride ( fast fancy car and all) and left Kate to work her butt off.
    Kate should kick Jon to the curb and raise her children by herself. At least then the children would not be exposed to drugs , wild parties and sex. Since this is all that Jon's new life consists of...

He only cares about his kids when it is convienent and when the money is rolling in... Get a Job and start paying big child support and for once step up to the plate and be something that comes close to being a real father.

Kate I pray for you and YOUR children.

June 23, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bubba

I hear ya Jon! Now lets get back to busting up those 23 year olds! After seeing the pics with Kate toting 6 kids in the oven, how could you ever romance her again anyway bro? Ya digging me Jon? Its all about 22 and 23 year olds bro, hit the bars, its yo life now brutha!

June 23, 2009 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  19. nan

The happening with Jon over the weekend was likely him looking for an expensive apartment out of state..Kate is protecting what matters the most to her..the money.

June 23, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Elizabeth

I know the G family. I know that Kate is doing alot of damage control.
    I know that she orchestrated how they were going to film,what they were going to film and no one was going to tell her no.
    I know that Jon gave up his job (which was a high five figure) to help enable Kate prusue the life she felt they deserved. It has and always will be about Kate.
    She is going to have a comfortable life and not have to worry about finances as long as she can. Blackmail for the sake of our love and children has come to the end of Jon's road.
    She is going to have her show with TLC as long as she can.
    I wonder how long before her boobbie job becomes publc ?

June 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. in NC

@ Elias: Saying "Kate and me" is grammatically correct in that sentence. Maybe you should check the grammar in your own sentences before trying to point out the mistakes of other people. You've only made yourself sound ignorant and negated any creditiblity for your arguments.

I honestly believe Jon & Kate gave up too easily as most American couples do. Our society has developed this idea that marriage is easy and that as soon as it becomes difficult they have to jump ship. Ask any couple married for 50 years or more, and they will tell you it's the working together through the most difficult times that makes you rmarriage stronger in the long run. Now, maybe they really did have problems that ulitmately could not have been resolved; however, I think they shouldn't have been so quick to give up. I hope they can be strong as parents for the kids, so they have a fair chance to not be too messed up from this.

June 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Christy

Both of these parents are completely selfish and the root of all evil – money got the best of them. Both haven shown their kids that you can manipulate people and get what you want....don't have to work too hard it. Please TLC – cancel this show and do not show reruns so they can reap any more money off of the kids. Neither one deserve the kids..watch out...some other gold-digger may be after the money Jon / / Kate and then you will know the feeling of being manipulated.

June 23, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Cece

Get out of the "limefind the light" and focus on each other and work at your marriage and not at being famous. Everybody has faults and issues but you work with your mate and you find the middle ground for each to stand on. A marriage is a job and both people must work 24/7 to make it work. I think its terrible that they brought these 8 children in the world and did not focus their attention on them in the very beginning. Family comes first not a network.. both of them have good careers they could have just been a loving "typical" family.

June 23, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. dawn of a new day

Kate is losing control, that is what she is sad about.

June 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. John K

This is just over the top. Yeah yeah.....we grew apart and now we are different people with different goals. Come on! Most marriages hit this sort of problem at some point or another. Granted this is an exceptional case due to the fame aspect but the least they can do for the kids, if that is actually their highest priority, is to try counseling. I'm not sure they actually gave that an earnest effort. In my humble opinion the best thing for children is if their parents actually stay together and they should do everything in their power to do just that.

June 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jeff

Kate is the reason their marriage is in shambles. Jon is finally standing up for himself and she can't handle that. She doesn't need protection from him, he needs it from her. I believe she is about to take a dive into the psycho lake. The kids need protection from her because she will not be able to handle it all the time when jon is not there.

June 23, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. SWEETKITTY

You know bashing Jon or Kate doesn't help either of them. Just remember the kids will probably see all this crap one day and how do you think they will feel about their so called "fans" bashing their parents. Thank god the kids are not old enough to be able to find the crap that is being said about their parents.
    This is a couple, no matter what people think about either of them, that is going through the worst thing a couple can go through. I've been there and I know that people will always take sides but it is a two way street. I hope they are as lucky as I was because after 9 months my husband and I got back together. I'm sure Jon is upset he just hides his feelings well as Kate has said numerous times over the past few years. I give them credit that they try to keep some sense of normal for the kids but they will come to find that kids are very sensitive to these types of things and know when their parents are not happy.
    The show is not to blame for this it's the thousands of people out there who thrive and finding some little thing that they can blow out of proportion and make it sound 1000 times worse than it is. These people have no sense of respect for others. I can't believe that they would chase around a family just to get some pictures to give them bad public image.
    I know Kate has been sometimes anything but civil and Jon has seemed to be the slacker. Either way they worked together and above all else they love their kids. I have no doubt in my mind about that. It broke my heart when Kate said that when her kids grew up they would look back and say my parents broke up at "what ever age". It's true I still do it and my parents broke up when I was about the sextuplets ages.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the kids and both Jon and Kate as they take their new journey. They will need a lot of love and support at this difficult time. I just hope their astranged family and friends will forget their own egos and be there for them. Good Luck to you Kate and Jon

June 23, 2009 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jenn

While Im saddened to hear of the outcome, I can't say I'm surprised. Give Jon a break. Everyone has a breaking point. First of all, he was working 12 hour days when the show first started so that she could quit her nursing job and stay home. So yes, the man has had a job and worked very hard to provide for his family. For 10 yrs, he's been belittled and picked at. He had enough. You know, people speculate that now he has a few nice things for himself it must be a midlife crisis. No one said anything about the drastic change of appearance in Kate. She went from your typical mom to hollywood. Jon stayed the same throughout the series. It wasn't until recently, when he had some freedom to spend money without her jumping all over him that he did some things for himself and that shouldn't be something to fault him for. Sure Kate is crushed. She didn't even see it coming because she's been in control the entire time. She's been so wrapped up in herself and the spa treatments that she didn't happen to notice or care that her marriage was falling apart and someone finally put their foot down and said enough is enough.

June 23, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  29. sonia

It's all so sad. We the public, have no idea as to the specific details of what goes on in their relationship. We only see an edited version of their lives on reality TV, which seems to make us all think we're experts. I had truly hoped and prayed that the "big announcement" was going to be that they were pulling the plug on the show, in order to simply be a family, get some great relational help, and take the much needed time to work on their marriage. These people need space and quiet in order to heal. It also makes me wonder where their faith plays out in all this...what do they truly believe about god and family and marriage. Again, it's all so very, very sad.

June 23, 2009 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  30. its not too late

Kate and Jon–both of your statements sound like there is a glimmer of hope from both of you that your marriage can be saved. It can. So you hit a rough patch. Lots of people do, myself included. Your rough patch is intensified by two sets of multiples and cameras/crew members.

Please humble yourselves to each other and before God, admit where each of you messed up and say you are sorry. Divorcing isn't the answer. Please stay together. Once you divorce, both of you will wake up and say, oh dear Lord what did we just do. Don't rush into a divorce. Has your pride been hurt? Have you hurt each other's pride? Please humble yourselves and seek forgiveness from the other. Give your marriage time to heal.

The BEST thing for your kids–if that's what you really want–is to work it out. Just ask your kids. I'll bet they tearfully tell you to stay together.

You are a precious family. Don't mess things up with a divorce.

June 23, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  31. Adam

Pathetic. How disappointing. At the end of the last season, Jon had been expressing his concerns and frustrations with the family's lack of privacy due to all of the papz. As a father myself, I 100% agreed with him. The show has caused a domino effect of situations that are going to ultimately hurt the children in the long run. They don't know too much about it now... but what about 10 years from now. Everyone will know them and know what their parents went through. NONE of these children are going to have a relative decent and somewhat normal childhood. I believe Jon saw some of these consequences unfolding and did what a father is supposed to do, try and stop it. But Kate didn't want anything to do with that decision. Here are some examples of what has happened to Kate, the Mother Monster:

– One season, Jon and Kate decided that each child would have an alone day with their mom and/or dad. The day was filled with rather inexpensive, but fun adventures. For example, when it was Maddy's day, she got her ears pierced... Now we come to the present. Kate asked Maddy what she'd like to do, Maddy says, "Let's go to San Diego." And Kate says, "Hey! Sounds like a great idea! Let's go!" SAN DIEGO!?!?!?!?!? It's not like they live just outside the area. THEY LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA! You go from ears pierced to cross country vacations upon request?!?!

– Kate walks around now like some expensive event coordinator. Designer shades, clothes, shoes, and expensive hair styles. What happened to the kid's mom?

– In past seasons, when Kate got to go to the spa, it was soooooo special. Soooooo rare. I think I've seen her in a spa three of the last 5 or 6 recent episodes now.

Listening to her in the most recent episodes gives me the chills. She says this is about "her" kids. They are BOTH of your kids. Whatever happened to each of you that the tabloids went so crazy over, whether it happened or not, needs to be addressed by each of you alone. Fix it, because you're both human and make dumb mistakes. The quote that made me the most angry from last night was Kate saying, "The show will go on. The show MUST go on!" I've never been so angry at someone I didn't know in my entire life. THIS SHOW HAS DESTROYED THEIR LIVES. Stopping it might fix things. If Kate stops getting handouts, she might come back to earth.

I love those little kids! It sickens me that Kate thinks that they can get a divorce and "it's for the kids' safety." Selfish, snotty, no good, Mother Monster. You make me sick to my stomach. You kids wont be safe, because you let it go on for WAY TOO LONG! Your job is to protect your children, not showcase them to make a profit!

June 23, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  32. JB

enough already with these 2 – why do we even care? TLC needs to own up & cancel this show asap, Exploitation at its highest level. those kids have no chance of a normal life until the cameras are turned off & the media is distracted by some other trainwreck.

June 23, 2009 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  33. mary

I think it is sad that this family is splitting up, but i hope that the parents at leaset put the children first during this time and keep things running smooth for them. These kids can come thru this divorce unscathed and well adjusted. I have a great book I use called You and me make three, featuring BB the Bear. Its a great tool and everyone who is divorcing who has children should read this with and without thier children. It should be every split families bible during this time.
    God Bless this family!

June 23, 2009 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  34. judy

kate was "CAUGHT" spanking one of the kids GOOD FOR HER. Kids need to learn respect. Im so sick of hearing kids tell there parents no and kids running their mouths about things that people dont need to know. More people need to start correcting their kids. maybe the world wouldn't be so bad. Jon he's a worthless piece of work. If i were kate id dump him to. Has he ever had a JOB ????

I think what makes me mad is that there even is a show about people with 8 kids. How come Nadia, the octo mom cant get some money for having that many kids. Get her a little help instead of trying to take her kids. Shes taking care of her kids without a husband...come on people Jon & Kate have had a free ride for some time. The get to go everywhere and anywhere that they want and it dont cost them anything. Hell most of us can't even afford a camping trip.

June 23, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  35. T. G.

After watching the show last night, I am sad about the announcement that Jon & Kate are separating. I believe there is plenty of blame to fo around for the situation. First of all, both Jon & Kate should both take personal responsibility for subjecting themselves and their children to the media scrutiny these past few months and for not pushing harder to save their marriage. From watching the show and from media reports, my impression is that they both gave up on each other a long time ago.

Secondly, I blame the producers of the show for exploiting Jon & Kate's marital troubles in order to boost ratings. Those people who work behind the scenes should demanded to halt production on the show in order to give this family the professional help they really needed. Unfortunately, sitting in front of a camera and giving your opinions doe not count as counseling.

Finally, I blame US, the viewing public, for our role in this situation. The reason this story is still alive is we continue to support the show and read the tabloid stories. We need to send a strong message to TLC by not watching the show. In the end, I hope everything works out with the Gosselins. We need to continue to offer our prayers and support to them because the road they are going will not be an easy one

June 23, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  36. Bev

I so much agree with this. Your marriage has to be your priority, then your kids. If you are good with your marriage/spouse, the issues with the kids will all work out too.
    Please get counceling. Your marriage is worth saving!

June 23, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  37. Mary

I'm not sure what to think. Yes, Kate tends to be overbearing and a control freak, but with such a large family someone has to be in charge. I've always had mixed feelings watching this. Kate bossing him around, but then again, Jon not seeming to be able to do things of his own accord without being told what to do.
    I think it speaks volumes that over the past few months when you see them separately, Kate is with the kids and Jon is off playing. Is it all just for the money like some posters would say? I don't really think so. I think she has every intention of holding on to the money machine as long as possible. But then again, when she's gone it's to make money, when he's gone, it's off to play. So while her barometer might seem a little screwy, at least what she's doing benefits her kids in the end. While Jon parties with younger women "friends".

June 23, 2009 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  38. KarenF

I enjoyed the show from the start – watching the little ones grow, but the show went from being about the kids to being all about what Jon & Kate would now be able to do "For Free". How does Jon getting a hair transplant and Kate getting a tummy tuck a benefit to the kids???

It was my hope that last night's show would be an announcement that the show was being cancelled for the sake of the children and that they were going to seek counselling for themselves and their kids and "start a new chapter" in their lives as a family.

Shame on Jon & Kate for thinking their show can possibly continue and shame on TLC for hyping last nights show.

June 23, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  39. Enough

Maybe the unthinkable may have to happen.........the show gets canceled and Jon and Kate have to go out and get...................jobs!! Oh, now that would be truly tragic. Time to quit cashing in on the kids.

June 23, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  40. Heather

Very sad...I don't think Kate get's it; she continues to humiliate and demean Jon... You can't keep disrespecting your husband like that, or anyone helping you with that many children. I think the children will be fine...Children that age are resilient

June 23, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  41. DD

To be honest I was hoping for the best for them. I was hoping that instead of announcing they were getting divorced they would announce that they are no longer going to film the show and instead they are going to focus on getting their marriage back and working things out for their kids... which they keep claiming that they want the best for and that they are the most important thing. I think the best thing for the kids would be to have their Mom and Dad together.

It’s actually quite sad, as much as I am tired of hearing about them I feel for those kids. It’s going to be very hard on them and to have to “go on with the show” just seems like a terrible thing to do to them.

June 23, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  42. LBW

Sounds like Jon is having an early mid-life crisis. Pierced ears? A Harley? Twenty-three year old? Apartment in Trump Towers? How is he going to pay for all of this? He made his money off his kids. I hope that Kate can keep the show going by herself. She is strong enough to do it and with eight children, this is the only way she can make enough money to do it. As for Jon, I don't think he is going to participate much at all.

June 23, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mark

It is probably the best decision they have made. How anyone could live with Kate and her constant condescending talk towards John is beyond me. I think John will be much happier, as for Kate...she will be unhappy becasue she will have no one to boss around, and to constantly tell them how everything they do and say is wrong. Maybe this will make her look in the mirror and see who she really is. Good luck to John, and it is sad it had to come to this, but you took WAY to much flak from her than you deserved.

June 23, 2009 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  44. Amy

Raising 8 kids is hard enough, but raising 8 kids in the spotlight puts such excessive pressure on everyone that it was bound to put a damaging strain on the marriage. Maybe they were tempted by the idea of financial security for the family, but once they invited the cameras into their lives, they decided that money meant more than the marriage.

KaratIoz (post #2): Go back to English class! "...for Kate and me" is actually correct–you should use the objective pronoun (me) after a preposition (for). To test which is correct, try taking out the "Kate and". Would you say "difficult for I"?

June 23, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  45. Johnny Boy

Ok now I see a spin off show following their divorce like "divorce court" it would not surprise me if the producers came up with this as to boost ratings & keep this cash cow alive, Jon & Kate have made millions now they might want to go separate ways like a rock band that splits up only to reunite later for even more intrigue & more money, everyone should boycott their show & advertisers. to let them know that we know we have been scammed . anyone that watches this trash is being used for the networks profit, what better way than to use kids to tug at your feelings for them. Jon & Kate what low life's to make money & fame at the expense of 8 children.

June 23, 2009 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  46. bangbang

Jon is a baby and wants to hang out, meet women ,get drunk and act like he is about 24yrs old. Too bad he's 32 with eight kids. Kate is a pain but Jon is no angel. Being a man is not leaving your family and gettting a penthouse in NYC it's being there when life is tough. Getting the help your family needs and being a husband and a father. Kate is probably a royal pain but I think she's getting a bad rap by the media. And for the record if Jon is so excited about this new chapter in his life he would have left Kate with those 8 kids eventually with or without TLC's money.

June 23, 2009 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  47. suzyq

How is it that people here think that they know Kate's travel schedule??? Jon hasn't been at home all to much lately, either. He's the one who has changed and wants something different. Kate is still Kate. He's getting killed in the media by being portrayed as a cheater and a wonderer. He's doing damage control by handing out personally signed family photos to fans parked outside of his house just a few days ago. He seemed so arrogant last night. He's usually so easy going, and thats why his fans loved him so much. He's lost a part of himself somewhere. He will regret this at some point....and his kids will resent him for it. It will be said when he's in his mid 40's and has 8 adult children, but not a relationship with one of them.

June 23, 2009 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  48. Krissi

Kate and Jon both need to grow up and leave the show and work on their marriage. But no they would rather choose to exploit their children and themselves for the money than save their family. They are both greedy money hungry people that make me sick to my stomach. IF it were me and my family I would give up the life of tv and work to save my family and marriage which i would deem as more important than my fan base. These 2 say they love their children hahahaha that is so funny because tome it seems they love money and fame more.

June 23, 2009 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  49. Melinda

@Karatloz: You need to go back to school. Remove "Kate" from the sentence and you'll see that it is correct.

June 23, 2009 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  50. idiots rule

TLC is renaming their show:

Jon and Kate, plus 8 Inches for his lady friend

dear moderator, just print this comedy gold!!!

June 23, 2009 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  51. idiots rule

to the second poster, no, it is correct to say "difficult for Kate and me". You always remove the firstr person reference to see if it makes sense – "difficult for me" sounds better than "Difficult for I" – Rhodes Scholar you may never be Karat-gouter, or whatever your name is...

June 23, 2009 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  52. Yawn

8 separate stories on this page about Jon and Kate??? Come on there has got to more interesting stuff out there. It's all about ratings.

June 23, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  53. CM

Kate is really a horrible person. She knows that she is missing from the kids with all her traveling and now she wants to constantly try and convince America that she "is there for the children." Is she trying to convince herself. She just blames and deflects because she knows she is getting killed in the media. Just pull the plug on this for the sake of the kids. I doubt anyone wants to watch a show with her and the kids.

June 23, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  54. martha nelson

Underlying the rationales of both Jon and Kate are a couple of troubling assumptions. Jon says he is excited to be starting a new chapter in his life at 32 then quickly overrides this true feeling with "it's best for the kids." Well, not sure the kids are coming first in that decision.

And second, we Baby Boomers fell for that quality vs. quantity time drill in the '70s and I am here to tell Jon (who used the "quality time" mantra several times) it isn't true. Kids want quantity. They want you there all the time, not when it's the second Saturday or Tuesday or November. I don't have any blame or judgement for either Jon or Kate. Just a tiny bit of wisdom to share: quality doesn't trump quantity and the results will show for years and decades in your kids' lives, so don't rest on that rationale.

And if you truly have the kids' best interests at heart, for god's sake get to a good counselor and learn how to talk to each other, how to communicate. It isn't enough to say, "We don't communicate." Having said that, DO something about it. Read Men are from Mars, Women from Venus, or Dr. Phil, or Virus of the Mind, or Carl Jung, opr Emmit Fox, the list is long and full of promise. Work at it a little. Anger and resentment solve nothing.

Do your work and then rest. That will bring real peace that a divorce can never do. All the best to you.

June 23, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. suzyq

I was surprised by Jon during last nights show. He seemed like he really didn't care, and then Kate was fighting back tears and visably upset. It's just a big change in Jon and his demeanor made me not like him anymore! He actually said that he was excited about the new chapter in hs life! What about marriage counseling??? Why did he give up so fast? Shouldn't you want to try to work things out first, and then once indifferent, move forward with divorce? Can he walk away saying that he did everything that he could to make it happen? By several of the comments that he made, it seems that he feels that he's missed a chapter in his life....the chapter when you are in your early 20s and go out to clubs drinking, meeting new people, etc. Just because you miss a chapter in your life, doesn't mean that you are able to make up for it at a later time. If he really really does care about his kids FIRST, then he shouldn't be thinking about his own needs now. He should be leading this family out of turmoil. He should take control and make sure that everything is done to make his family relationship work. He says that he was passive and now he's standing up for himself....isn't his family what he should be standing up for? If you are going to stand up, stand up and lead your family to a good place....not just yourself.

June 23, 2009 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  56. Cherie

Who cares. Hundreds of families lose loved ones killed fighting the war or are murdered or die at early ages. They know what separation is Those are the ones that suffer not a millionaire couple that made money exploiting their children. We focus on the wrong people that are news worthy. It's as bad as the Octamum fiasco..

June 23, 2009 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  57. whywonderwhy

whywonderwhy June 23rd, 2009 7:15 am ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Here is a guy who tries to throw his wife under the bus by trying to accuse her of having a affair, no one could prove or there would have been more on it, to make himself look better after acting like a teenager and not a 32 year old man(although he also uses this as a excuse why he did the gross things he did) I know alot of 32 year old dads and husbands who are not this type of person. Jon likes to do these horrible things to his family and then blame others so he looks good. He is a coward and not a man because he makes little boy choices that hurt the people he loves. GROW UP! As for all the people making jabes about them putting their family on t.v., someone walks up to you and offers to give your children their hearts desire and set them up for life who would not do that. These kids have not suffered from being on t.v. they have suffered from the choices Jon, yes Jon, has made. I feel for Kate even her brother and his wife and family turn on her because they were not allowed their 15 minutes(yuck). Scum! I have enjoyed watching this show from day one because Kate reminds you of what fun it is to be a mom and she lets her kids be kids and does make sure they get all opportunites. Even with a husband who is not a man but a lazy person who wants to have fun at his family’s expense. Watch out ladies this man is not a keeper just a gross human who wants to paw at you and get some nookie. What a life goal!!!!!

June 23, 2009 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  58. sharon from greenville michigan

I found Kate to be much more upset by the outcome of the past months then Jon, I also thought his comment that he was sad but also EXCITED told alot about him. How can you be excited about divorcing. This is so sad I have not watched this program for a long time but must admit that I tuned in last night I felt badly for those children and I also felt some compassion for Kate which surprised me.
    Sharon, Greenville Mi.

June 23, 2009 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  59. Cooper

Kate is always out for blood!! Of course Jon did soemthing wrong, it could be that you are never home and when you are you are on the phone! Being famous is more important to Kate than her mariage. If her marriage was important she would have ended or put the show on hold to work on the marriage but no it is easier to blame it on Jon so noone is looking at her or the bodyguard. I hope that Jon tries to get the kids so that they do not grow up with a camera in thier face. So they can grow and make mistakes without the world watching.

June 23, 2009 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  60. Patty

I have watched their show for a couple years now, How sad for their children. I think Kate and Jon are both good parents and it sounds like they're being cooperative with one another for their children's sake. It's a shame that their lives have turned into a 3 ring circus. They have what they have (material things) because of the show, but what price they did pay.

June 23, 2009 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  61. theresa

Interesting that he was with the kids the entire weekend, Kate nowhere to be found and yet, she files implying something happened over the weekend for her to do so. Yes, there is much going on that is not being said. Sad for the children that they have to be put in this situation. Sad the two parents didn't feel the need to address counseling. Sad all around.

June 23, 2009 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sharron H.

TLC, J&K, and all...please just end the show. Show us that you really do care about those kids, and take the cameras away.

June 23, 2009 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  63. LCH

I think they should back away from the show and at least try to work out their marriage and see what the both of them want and try to at least accomadate the request and if it doesnt work then go for the divorce.I hope that God Bless Them and keep them together.

June 23, 2009 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  64. John A

As an unemployed father of 3, I understand the need to make a living, and once worked at a job where the hours had adverse consequences for my relationship with my children. However, I struggle to understand how two parents conclude the material benefits of such a show, in its constant exposure and the incessant attention it pays the children, is a healthy environment for the children or for the marriage. If the marriage suffered as a result of the show, then whichever parent insisted they continue regardless of the damage effectively put the monetary rewards over the survival of the marriage.

One has to wonder, as well, about the debilitating effect the barrage of attention has on such young children. The list of troubled child stars is long – Drew Barrymore, Macauley Culkin, Jodi Foster and, more recently, Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan – they all suffered as a result of the world revolving around them at such a young age, and while a few have risen above their problems, the price paid has been very high.

Why would parents subject their children to such a risk?

June 23, 2009 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  65. Enwhyseegrrl

Why do people watch this crap? Life is too short to spend it sitting on your couch watching shows about other people sitting on their couches. I have never seen this show but I'm still sick of these suburban losers.

June 23, 2009 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  66. whywonderwhy

Here is a guy who tries to throw his wife under the bus by trying to accuse her of having a affair, no one could prove or there would have been more on it, to make himself look better after acting like a teenager and not a 32 year old man(although he also uses this as a excuse why he did the gross things he did) I know alot of 32 year old dads and husbands who are not this type of person. Jon likes to do these horrible things to his family and then blame others so he looks good. He is a coward and not a man because he makes little boy choices that hurt the people he loves. GROW UP! As for all the people making jabes about them putting their family on t.v., someone walks up to you and offers to give your children their hearts desire and set them up for life who would not do that. These kids have not suffered from being on t.v. they have suffered from the choices Jon, yes Jon, has made. I feel for Kate even her brother and his wife and family turn on her because they were not allowed their 15 minutes(yuck). Scum! I have enjoyed watching this show from day one because Kate reminds you of what fun it is to be a mom and she lets her kids be kids and does make sure they get all opportunites. Even with a husband who is not a man but a lazy person who wants to have fun at his family's expense. Watch out ladies this man is not a keeper just a gross human who wants to paw at you and get some nookie. What a life goal!!!!!

June 23, 2009 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  67. Rascal

I feel so bad for Kate. I mean, just listen to everything she says. She is constantly thrust into these terrible situations and nothing has ever been her fault, ever! It must be so frustrating to be as perfect as she is and have all these people around her screwing up, like Jon, and the paparazzi, and probably sometimes even the kids.

June 23, 2009 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  68. D Numbers

So did anyone bother to suggest counceling? Are they any different than anyone else. If you decide to have 8 kids together, you should be willing to go talk to someone about your differences before divorce. Be glad you have a reality show and plenty of money coming in. Child support for 8 kids would be pretty hard to swing. It's tough to watch a family self destruct. You might just go ahead and play taps for this TV show.

June 23, 2009 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  69. anna

The woman blames Jon for everything even to the end. Kate Gosselin was & will always be a piece of work. Like Jon stated earlier, his initial mistake was in constantly letting her rule the roost. Hopefully the kids will not pay the price for her arrogance.

June 23, 2009 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  70. wmaze

PLEASE TAKE THE SHOW OFF THE AIR.

June 23, 2009 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  71. wmaze

tlc take the show off the air for the kids sake

June 23, 2009 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  72. The Shrew Tamer

Both of these dolts deserve what they get out of this. The entire show last night was revolting to watch. If these two cared a whit about their kids, there would have been a second major announcement last night, namely that last night was the final episode of the show. That this show is going to continue after that pathetic business last night is all the proof you need that it is not about the kids but ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Those two suck.

June 23, 2009 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  73. Jun Morales, Manila

Is this separation / divorce true in the first place? In this day and age of revenue-driven programming and fame-seeking (fortune-seeking?)people that voluntarily open their private lives to the prying eyes of the public (then claim disdain for the ensuing media circus!) in exchange for a season or more of financial benefits, I can't help but wonder if either this is all scripted to drum up the ratings or if, albeit unconciously, both people are allowing it to happen to them because they feel it is in fact an unfortunate side-effect of the fame and fortune? Save the marriage and drop the show or play along with what will bring in the viewers and hope that it won't have such a negative / permanent effect on the relationship?

June 23, 2009 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  74. Bev

"Jon's activities this weekend have made it necessary to do this" What activities? He spent Father's Day with his kids, without Kate. Was that his crime? Spending time with his children on Father's Day. We saw him spend Mother's Day with Kate and the kids..........

June 23, 2009 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  75. naiveboy29

I think if this couple's live has not been enriched with material things and fame, they could have retain the soul of their marriage and be a responsible parents to their beautiful children. Fame and material wealth clearly has distracted Jon and Kate, into thinking delusional thoughts that a better partner is still out there to rescue them to their diminishing self-esteem. I hope they will reconsider this, because at the end of the day, it is their family, their promise to unconditional love for each other. I think I would like to see, Jon and Kate not falling into the cliche of modern culture of marriage, that if your partner no longer stood up to your expectations, you have to let them go. What about the US and We for better or for worst.!

June 23, 2009 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  76. Marie

I think Kate is very selfish. She is demanding to have the children every holiday and birthday. It doesn't work that way in CT. She is going to learn she has to share. She has no CONTROL over the State or Judges.

June 23, 2009 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  77. James

It's a good thing he has hours of tape to show how abusive she was. He should have custody and child support and maybe those kids can get some sort of a normal life.

June 23, 2009 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  78. Mary Ann Levy

We all knew this was going to happen. There was no other way for them to go with their saga. The ones hurt the most will be the children that they did not consider on their quest for fame and fortune!

June 23, 2009 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  79. 111

In my `opinion this separation and now divorce is tragic and will bring so much sorrow to the family in the long run. Marraige goes through may ups and downs, tests, trubble & temptation. Whatever! Hang on, work through if you can, especially when you have a herd of children who depend on you! Get help, but don't give up! IT would HAVE to be some thing huge to bring down

IF you keep it together, someday you will look back & laugh at what kids you were!

I have been there, done tha

June 23, 2009 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  80. Get Real, Boise, ID

Jon & Kate, ahhh yes the great vomit inducer! At the risk of being labeled a hater, I proudly comment that not only have I ever watched this mind rotting nonsense, but it serves as a constant reminder of the decay of our society. These people are THE most disgusting, money grubbing, selfish, ego driven parasites that have sacrificed not only the well being of their children, but sadly less obvious, have aided and abetted an assault on our society’s character, values and taste. Anyone who watches this smut should deny it and hold their heads low. Who cares about a cause greater than yourself when you can laugh your way to the bank, right? I am sick and tired of seeing these parasites’ faces everywhere I go, and I know I’m not the only one. “YES YOU CAN” . . . drive by train wreck and not look. It’s called temperance, which is something that began its slow death when our youth – MY GENERATION – became infected with the sickness of Reality TV SMUT like the “Real World”, and it metastasized into the airhead society we have now. Our jobs SHOULD be shipped overseas to India and other places where the young people don't waste their time on this garbage but instead are academically superior actually thirsty for knowledge and hungry for hard work!

June 23, 2009 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  81. James

As a man, Jon makes me embarrassed to be a man. I have seen bits and pieces of show as my kids like the show.

I find him to be a big whiner, who needs to man up to his responsiblities. He leaves her with all the work most of the time and whines about when he is asked to help, that she nags. Hell I would nag this lazy so and so also. Marrige is a partnership. It requires two. Not a whiner, whining about how he needs time for himself.

He is selfish and the kids suffer because of it. What a loser.

June 23, 2009 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  82. JS

Kate – classic example of suppression. She doesn't do it "for the children," she's a narcissist who does it for the cameras and fame, and she knows it. Jon wanted out long ago, and she said no because they "had to" do the show (and misc. show-related activites) "for the children." She's completely manipulated the idea of "sacrifice" and played victim this entire time.

Note to Kate: You're an average woman whose FAMILY made you what you are today. Without it, YOU'RE JUST AVERAGE!

June 23, 2009 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  83. kathy

I think instead of canceling the marriage, they should cancel the show and leave town together with their kids and go someplace totally alone with their family and only their family and work thru this before they decide to give up and throw ten years of marriage away.

June 23, 2009 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  84. Nick

I'm sorry, but both of these people strike me as more immature than each one of their 8 kids. Both behave like spoiled, petulant children rather than grown adults whose responsibility it is to look after small children, in the hopes that they grow into happy, well-adjusted people.

While I absolutely do not condone Jon Gosselin's behavior, Kate's behavior is all the more abhorrent. "tired of smiling on the outside while I'm crying on the inside"? Come on. Who wrote that line for you?

It at least appears that Jon Gosselin legitimately cares for those children. If you ask me, Kate views them solely as a means by which to line her own personal bank account. If I'm being overly harsh, I'm sorry, but I call them the way I see them.

June 23, 2009 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  85. Lynn

6 months of problems?.....that's nothing.........boo hoo Jon-you have wimped out on your family.....Kate, you deserve a real man as a partner....Good Luck Kate

June 23, 2009 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  86. Jamie Smith

Argh...he makes me sooo mad! He has 8 kids! Get a grip guy. Loose the two door sports car, the two earrings, the side burns that go to your double chin and the penthouse apartment in New York City and I may believe you when you say you just want the kids to be happy....

June 23, 2009 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  87. AJorDJ

Seriously? I'm totally broken up over this announcement. They were Amer-Asian role models for me and my mail-order bride. Looks like we'll be moving to Pennsylvanial

June 23, 2009 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  88. Steve

Shame on TLC.

June 23, 2009 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  89. Victor

From Jon & Kate plus 8, to Jon or Kate plus 8. The rating will drop, and this will be the last season, unless miracle happens. The reason why this show is so popular is people who like to watch a one BIG happy family and their everyday lives are connected to everyone of us. Their laughter is our laughter, and their trouble is our troubles, except theirs are much bigger. Right now, we have to watch Jon and Kate acted in front of their innocent little kids and try to make them think everything is okay. They also need to act in front of us that they don't hate each other. Come on.... I just wish the best of all 8 very cute kids and really wish them can have a normal childhood real soon !!!

June 23, 2009 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  90. ruben

i will boycott this show and its supporters tlc

June 23, 2009 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  91. Jerry Murray

WOohoo! THis is the good stuff now.! Maybe if they realized that they needed to make time for each other as well s their kids instead of a TV show things might not have turned out this way.

June 23, 2009 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  92. KaratIoz

He said:
    "In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me."

He should have said:
    "In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and I."

June 23, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  93. Tina

This is REALLY a simple case, I can see it all now...They CONTINUE with the kids on TV and in the long run they will get back together UNLESS PEOPLE STOP WATCHING THE SHOW!

I have NEVER watched their show, I get my info on the net ( which can't be helped cause it's EVERYWHERE) and just by reading it I find that Kate needs a man or woman to abuse her like she does her children.

Shame on you KATE! You DON"T DESERVE THOSE KIDS!

June 23, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  94. Anna Lind

Man, and people are worried about gay marriage?

June 23, 2009 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  95. ac

Kate's comments seem pretty selfish with her "I" phrasing, while i think Jon's statement seems to take the higher road.

June 23, 2009 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  96. Larry

Kate is a Pain in the*****. I would of gotten rid of her long ago. Tough on the kids but constant berating/bickering/by Kate is just as tough. She's just worried about her book deal. Jon can now have a life. Support Jon – send Kate to the dog house!!!!!

June 23, 2009 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  97. Sonya

This is not a surprise to most people who watch the show. I watched a few times the first and second year season and I could tell almost immediately that a divorce was only a matter of time. It's their body language and facial expressions that give them away. When speaking Kate always cuts Jon off as if she has no respect for him. The way she speaks about him and to him always looks really bad in my opinion. People who are in love have to touch each other and they never touched or smiled at each other. When the love is gone it's time to end it. I don't believe that couples should ever stay together for the children's sake because the nastiness, fighting and unhappiness has a far worse effect on the children in the long run. When my Grandfather was asked, just prior to his 50th wedding anniversary, wether or not he'd like a party thrown to celebrate his response was "NO, why on earth would I want to celebrate 50 years of marriage that woman!" It's really too bad they didn't get a divorce. What a sad way to live.

June 23, 2009 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  98. Lucy Giles

I find it IRONIC that NO ONE has mentioned the obvious where Jon & Kate are concerned. No one has mentioned that the real reason for the seperation &ultimante divorce is because JON is GOING THROUGH A MID LIFE CRISIS! He continually mentions he's 32 years old & what age he was when the twins came & when the 6 babes came. He wants freedom. He feels trapped at home. This is HIS FAULT,no one told him to quit his job two years ago. The first sign of a mid-life crisis. He said it himself tonight, He was never one to share
    his feelings. Well if you can't share how you feel now what makes you think you can with another woman? Kate is no mind reader EXPRESS YOURSELF! I do feel bad for all of them. This is a very sad situation and I pray Jon comes to his senses before it's too late.

June 23, 2009 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  99. Ivan Sanchez

I am on Jon's side. Kate treated Jon terrible, she had no respect for him. Kate is a very demanding wome and I'm surprise Jon lasted this long with her!
    Kate has a bad attitude caused the downfall of her marriage!
    Jon deserves better!

June 23, 2009 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  100. wazafan

"...sad that we are divorcing." Then do something about it! Nowhere did we see John and Kate get counseling for their marriage problems! John even admitted that he didn't communicate enough. We used to watch this show because the kids were so adorable, and even though divorce happens often, we don't want to see how the kids cope with their parents divorcing. Which means we won't be watching the show. The kids were already begging their daddy not to go. Yes, how sad.

June 23, 2009 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  101. Tina

Yea!!! Now Jon go after the WITCH who LOVES TO HIT Her kids in public and get FULL CUSTODY of those kids and take her for all that you can!!

June 23, 2009 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  102. Pablo

Well I hate to see that she stole the pleasure from Jon again by filing for divorce first.

June 23, 2009 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  103. Mike L

Good riddance! Can we please move past these two?

June 23, 2009 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  104. ask

I'm not surprised that they're FINALLY divorcing. Kate is such a manipulative, bossy, terrible witch, and she pretty much caused the demise of her marriage. What man, or woman, would or want to put up with the horrible, belittle, degrading, and demeaning treatment? It's verbal abuse and shouldn't be tolerated.

June 23, 2009 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  105. Cindy

Please seek God! Dont do this to your children.

June 23, 2009 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  106. deemn

Kate now has one less kid to care for, she is back to 8. John is acting like an idiot and seems to just want to go have fun by himself. Got the earings, smoking "hand rolled" cigarettes and now that he got the Harley changing his image. Don't get me wrong I love bikes just don't like Jon. I feel sorry for Kate. Just because she gets things done people call her a bitch.. Someone has to take control all Jon wants to do is play. He refuses to talk to her or try to work things our.

June 23, 2009 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  107. Seriously?

Well I didn't buy Kate's sob story on the show tonight at all. Crocodile tears, enough already! Kate's statement is a joke. I think she ought not to criticize Jon's activities but look at herself for once just for a minute. Taking off for 4 days now and not telling your husband where you are is irresponsible. What if something happens to the kids should he use ESP to contact her? If anything Jon should be protecting the children from you Kate. My husband and I chose to not "hit" our children. We don't feel we need to control them with fear of being struck at any moment. To hit your kid for blowing a whistle?! Are you mad woman? They're just kids. Why don't you turn off your phone and spend some time with them. Sitting there talking on your phone isn't spending time with all your many children.

Your first priority isn't your children. It's the money that you make off your children's back that you care so much about and I bet you'll fight for that to the end. On the show tonight I thought Jon was showing he had a back bone and would stick to his guns on keeping the crooked houses in the woods but Kate took control as usual. it's pathetic to try and say that the show didn't cause your marital problems. Looks to most of us that it did. For Kate to say on the show "I don't want to be alone"..boo hoo. I'm thinking what man would want to be with her?!

Kate just doesn't get it at all. Obviously all the money and plastic surgery have gone to her head. I had quit watching the show but watched it tonight. After this episode I don't know that I can continue to watch the show. I can't in good conscience support the situation the children are in. It's just wrong. I have my doubts now that Jon will fight for the kids. I mean are they going to carry on like this until the children are 18? To get us to think they can carry on like this for much longer is just insulting the viewer. The children pick up on the vibes. It's just not healthy for the kids to continue on this show any longer. It's hard enough for children to endure a divorce without being in the spotlight. I think in the end, years from now the children will probably be angry with there parents. I think Kate is still manipulating/controlling Jon. She's using the kids to get her way. Jon needs to take a step back and think this through. Is this really the best for the children and himself? If Kate is still gone, where is she?? In a spa somewhere? Maybe with her bodyguard in a hotel? Is she in a nut house? It's just angering to watch her. Can't stand her. I'm done with the show.

FYI: Kate is a huge FAILURE. She failed as a wife, sister, daughter and now a mother. She drove her marriage into a ditch bit treating her husband like a dog. She turned her back on her brother for greed. She dissed her father because the cribs didn't match. A failure as a mother for hitting her daughter and all the emotional abuse she puts those kids though. Those kids deserve so much better. Hope you feel good Kate, you are an incredible failure in front of all the country. You let everyone down. And you did it all for money. Was it worth it?

June 23, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  108. rose

Jon & Kate are not the first people to go through something like this. Being that they are in the spot light I'm sure makes it a little more difficult for them to deal with the situation like normal people. I think they are handling themselves quite well. We all have to keep in mind that we only know what we see and hear but only they know the facts. I hope they both learn and grow from this so that they are able to move forward and not make the same mistakes in future relationships.

June 23, 2009 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  109. Ang English

I feel that they are giving up on their marriage because of the pressure of the show. . . . The whole family needs to drop out of the spotlight and Jon and Kate need to remember the love that got them to this point and the Promises they made to each other on their wedding day. . . Marriage is a tough road, getting through the tough times is an uplifting blessing!!

June 23, 2009 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  110. David

"Jon’s activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children. "

Which activities were those...standing up to you for once, or did he dare to ask if you went to the dog groomer or the hair salon?

June 23, 2009 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  111. Jesci

I was really hoping they were going to say they were canceling their show and moving to Iceland. Maybe a year away from the US papz and tabloid machines would give them a chance to focus on their family and their marriage. How sad that they feel they have no other choice.

June 23, 2009 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jim W.

She files for divorce today, and he's already given up. The kids are the victims here.

June 23, 2009 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  113. Shannon

Two very selfish adults here.

When will parents learn that THEIR happiness does NOT trump all?? When you have children YOUR happiness comes second. They need to plow on through their troubles and raise their children. The divorce will only benefit THEMSELVES, and that is not even a given.

June 23, 2009 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  114. Lisa

I think that they should turn off the cameras and start working on making the relationship work for the kids. At least give it a chance in a setting that could work. Being on camera can't help at all.

June 23, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  115. John H

If I was John, I'd be celebrating from getting away from that........................ so much I'd drink two cases of Dom and hire a dozen hookers..............of course..............just not being with her is plenty enough of a reward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 23, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  116. Eula

I have prayed that God would restore this marriage but I also know that the children's happiness is more important. If parents are living in strife, it is not fair to the children to see their parents angry at each other. This would cause much anguish with the little ones.

June 23, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  117. Elias

Its Kate and I!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like a damn fool when release a press statement with bad grammar!

June 23, 2009 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  118. Dar

The story goes like this: Fall in love, get married, work hard to have a family. Push and get selfish with each other. Along comes a lifesaver for all 8 kids to give them the best life. Enter bad choices, selfishness, and control. Exit the in-love marriage that birthed all of this in the first place and what have you left. Two bitter adults who will likely spend much of the rest of their lives doing the "what ifs" but no one will swallow their selfish pride and work out what is best for the kids. You are both fooling yourselves if you think this is what is best for the kids, peace, and each other. Just wait. The first thing that SHOULD have happened was Kate paid attention to Jon's dissatisfaction... the show ended this past season (of YOUR choice because it was best for your FAMILY) and the two of you worked at least as hard on your marriage as you did on everything else that was SOOO important.... like finding crooked houses? I think you both have failed miserably. You can't be a great parent when you were miserable spouses. Sooner or later, that same selfish behavior will show up in parenting. I hope by then you are miserable outside of the scope of cameras and the paparazzi. Old news.

June 23, 2009 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  119. jdude

ummmmmmmmmmmmm, so you have 8 kids... then file for divorce... there goes everything, gj parents, gj.

June 23, 2009 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  120. Barb

Wow,i didnt think that would happen....stay strong kate!

June 23, 2009 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  121. Tina

Please take this show off the air for the sake of those children AND Jon & Kate. The children have the collapse of their parents' relationship documented in minute detail. Do they deserve to have to watch more? I can't image watching video of my mother and father going through this. Yes, Kate is a shrew and Jon is completely passive. They do not demonstrate respect for each other and obviously their love has wilted away. However, neither of them have taken steps to try to find what they once had, and apparently it isn't going to happen. Families should fight to remain together if at all possible. I think it WAS possible for these two with some communication changes and if they would choose to put themselves first for a bit. They both need to find who they are without the cameras around – I don't think they know anymore.

June 23, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  122. Vikki

I think the kids deserved two parents who would sit on a couch in front of a therapist, pastor, somebody and get some help. I think this is a miserable decision in a string of miserable decisions... If you KNOW the divorce rate for multiples is so high, why not get help sooner?? It's a very sad ending and one that might have been avoided...

June 23, 2009 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  123. john

Kudos jon!!

5 seasons long the abuse has continued...wow. At least his priorities are still straight and he will do anything for the kids.....as for kate.....the rumors are no more truthful then the fact that north korea is dangerous...you be the judge

June 23, 2009 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  124. Vikki

I think the kids deserved two parents who would sit on a couch in front of a therapist, pastor, somebody and get some help. I think this is a miserable decision in a string of miserable decisions... If you KNOW the divorce rate for multiples is so high, why not get help sooner?? It's a very sad ending and one that surely could have been avoided...

June 23, 2009 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  125. Sara

A more reasonable announcement would have been that Jon and Kate have decided that reality television is not good for marriages and not good for the development of young children, so the show is over. How very sad for these exploited children...

June 23, 2009 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  126. Jeremy M

I think you Jon and Kate are absolutely self absorbed and selfish individuals. When you decided to have these 8 beautiful children you never thought for once the reprecussions that this could have on your lives as well as their's. Personally I think you should have your children removed from you care because all you both care about is yourselves. Get over it and get help and stay together for the children until they are at least 18 years old for the youngest ones.

June 23, 2009 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  127. Epidi

The dividing up of the assets wll be interesting. Does Kate honestly think she can keep that house without Jon & TLC if they drop the show? Does he think he can honestly afford an apartment in Trump Towers with the alimony and child support he's going to have to shell out? I have a feeling it's not over yet.

June 23, 2009 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  128. Fran

Regardless of the circumstances at this time, I believe that it will get better even if the children will be having part-time parents. Sad as it seem, nothing stays the same forever but, LOVE will always be the same.

Although the children are very young, they know that nothing will replace their parents regardless of what had transpired during their marriage.

Being a single mom myself for many, many years, the rewards to raising a family single handedly is a blessing especially when all the kids grow up to be successful in their own right.

It may takes years down the road but how sweet it is when they become adults and bear the very likeness of both parent.

So, my blessings to both Jon and Kate – I wish them well. Life has many turns and each turn takes you to a different place. Don't look back but keep moving forward.

You both have so much to give through your children. God Bless!

June 23, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  129. brenda bane

sad, sad, sad.....

June 23, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  130. MN gal

Quite frankly I am so disgusted with this nonsense. This "reality" show turned in a cash cow for both J&K. Living off of their children. How proud they must be. We have truly licensed the wrong behavior. You need a license to marry but not to reproduce. I feel bad for their kids. All Kate ever cared about was how much "celebrity" she could achieve and how much money she could have. It's obvious that she doesn't care about the impact this will have on their kids. If either of them really did, they'd end this charade and do their best to give their kids as close to a normal life as possible. One without cameras and lighting.

June 23, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  131. joco, NH

It doesn't matter how many kids you have or who you are – marriage is work. I'm disappointed they didn't try to work it out. Don't they realize how lucky they are? They have everything they want – they need to turn off the cameras and turn down the lights!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Roger A

Whopity-Doo!

We all knew it was coming to this, and was only a matter of time. I knew it was gonna end soon once the teaser announcement was made.

This is not news, but another chapter for them to make EVEN MORE MONEY!!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Mark Conforti

I am genuinely sad for the entire Gosselin family.

Every time Jon or Kate say, "the kids are my number one priority," we see WHY their marriage dissolved. Their marriage used to be their number one priority (before their kids). And it should have stayed that way! I am heart-broken that Jon and Kate bought into this destructive myth about their kids being number one. Trumpeting this notion may sound cavalier, but it leaves a husband and wife isolated, disconnected, and without the emotional energy needed to be a parent.

Any trained marriage and family therapist could have pointed this out... Did Jon & Kate seek any counseling over the past 6 months?

June 22, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  134. John in Tampa (yeah, that tampa)

finally.
    what the show was really always about.... the parents!!!!
    hey , the kids were just props to get the squash-rotted viewers to tune in.
    it was always about the "adults" & the dramatic tension. cuz if it was just a nice family with a bunch o' kids, like, who would watch that???
    i will not miss the train wreck that was this couple. dont we have a few more important things to attend to at this moment?
    seriously, dear readers, when was the last time you told your partner (spouse whatever...) that you love them? when was the last time you did something(anything) to make a child feel safe(any child)?
    please move along, there is nothing else(worthwhile) to see here.

June 22, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Louise K

Kate,Get your children off the air, your life and TV show are bordering on emotional abuse.Ity is clear your children are not OK.It is very sad the stress has broken up your marriage. John will be better out of the limelight as will the kids. Kate is not well-or she would get out of the public eye.

June 22, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  136. betty

Wow!! I cant believe people give up so quickly on their marriages. What ever happened to for better and for worse?? It seems a shame that all their vows meant nothing to them and they would sacrifice the happiness of their children because they are being so selfish about their own wants and needs. Children prempt all that. Seek God's advice in all this. We willbe praying for them.

June 22, 2009 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Lori

It's sad that Jon and Kate are divorcing. But if two people are that miserable being together than being apart is probably the best thing for them, too bad they couldn't have seen a marriage counselor first. Hopefully the children will not be harmed to much by this.

June 22, 2009 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  138. ShelleyDee

He's so better off.

June 22, 2009 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Double A

They should change the name of the show to "Jon and Kate Plus Magistrate"

I love these train wrecks!

June 22, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Jennifer

I'm disappointed in both Jon and Kate. On one hand we heard over and over how they wanted to be there for the kids. That's great but if they really want healthy, happy kids as they both proclaim, they should have worked a little harder on their marriage. Did they ever think of going to counseling or taking some time alone to reconnect? I just wonder how healthy they really think those kids will be when they look back and see all this? Maybe they should rename the show, Eight Dysfunctional Kids in the Making.

June 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Jon

Who cares?? The national obsession with this family is pathological. Cancel the show and let them get on with their lives.

June 22, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Jim

God for Jon. I'd need to be handcuffed to keep from throwing Kate in a pit and filling it with tar

June 22, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Jennie

There was no reason to indicate that "Jon's activities" were the reason for the filing. If the kids really are the number one priority, both parents need to shelve the blame game and focus on helping them through it.

June 22, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  144. bella-boo

I am really sick of hearing about them. They complain that the paparazzi is always watching them. Hello... You have a freaking TV show about your life.

I just feel sorry for the kids.....

June 22, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  145. bella

I am really sick of hearing about them. They complain that the paparazzi are always watching them. Hello... You have a freaking TV show about your life. I just feel sorry for the kids. What are they going to think when they grow up & look back at this mess.

June 22, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Gina

You know what I do not understand about American couples, once they come to a crossroads in their marriages they think that the only solution is divorce. What happened to til' death do us part? A marriage is not a maybe thing, its permanent. I know I don't know their situation on a personal level, but if they really cared about their kids they wouldn't let this bump in their marriage go this far.

June 22, 2009 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Tired of it

BooHoo - 6 months of misery? I guess the marriage vows really meant something huh? I feel sorry for the kids.

June 22, 2009 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Katherine

Well, it's about time! I'm glad for Jon! As for the witch ... she has the money but she's gonna lose everything else. It's going to bite her in the face. And I can't wait!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Bruce

Kate: There are those of us who may not always agree with your methods but we believe in your loyalty to your family, especially your great kids! Take care of yourself, the kids and your future. Kick Jon to the curve where he belongs!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  150. mnls mom

You know, I get that their marriage wasn't perfect and that Kate was bossy and controlling, but frankly, he seems like a wet noodle who couldn't wait to get free of his responsibilties. It seems he is looking forward to being a party boy again. He chose Kate. He chose those kids. He should stand up for his FAMILY and not his ego. I find him just as reprehensible as she and he definitely needs to take his share of the blame.

June 22, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Jennifer

In trying to make her husband look bad, Kate has only repeatedly made herself look worse. It takes TWO, Kate. You need to step up and take responsibility or lose your audience. You aren't entitled to us and you are certainly putting nails in your coffin pretty quickly. No one told you to be gone 20 days out of the month. We no longer buy your mommy routine. A mother is home with her children, not on the road doing press junkets for her own ego. It's so sad that you put your love of fame in front of your children and your marriage.

June 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Patrick

You brought it upon yourself Jon.....

June 22, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  153. barbara hartman

Okay, people. North Korea could blow us out of the water tomorrow morning. Please tell me why I have two worry that these two stupid idiots are divorcing? My heart goes out to their kids....and I continue to wonder why people like this have them?

June 22, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Ryan Doka

Wow.. i Somehow saw that comming, i knew that they had problems i could see it in the show. I think its best that they seperated now that theyre split, i think that the show did this to them.

June 22, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  155. William Cervantes

She can't be blamed for not putting up with a lathargic man/child. Good luck Kate and in time you will be able to develop a grown up relationship with a real man.

June 22, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  156. dianek

Even though I knew this was coming...it still is so sad to see a marriage end especially with the kids. We all know that they love their children. I am sad that they aren't even trying or doing counseling. I can really see both sides and giving up is too easy. I can feel the tension even through the tv between them. It makes all the happiness and smiling face of Kate so phoney. They need a break from each other and unfortunately with the kids they aren't going to get it, So sad.

June 22, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Kate

What surprises me is that it doesn't seem like they went to counseling. Maybe Pennsylvania will make them attempt counseling before they finalize their divorce. I sure hope so. They seemed like such a happy couple in the beginning. I would think they could get thru this if they'd just give it some time. Marriages are Up and down. Believe me. I know.

June 22, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  158. LA

These 2 people are extremely selfish.

June 22, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Claudia

I am so sad to see the family part like this, It is my prayer that they will remain friends and will always put their children first as they have both stated they would. I am sorry that this happens they will be in my prayers.May God Bless them both

June 22, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Chuck D of Valpo

So SHE filed for divorce. ".....to protect myself and our children." On the program she stated that she did not want to go thru this alone. Enter the bodyguard and a whole lot of other problems in the future. Life imitating art.

June 22, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Jackie

"Deeply sadden" states Jon? Was he deeply sadden when he was out and partying? Was Kate sad when she was bossing Jon around all the time. It hurts that 8 kids will be part of the American broken family system. If you stop and look around the World you will see that we have the highest divorce rate. We lack the ability to get along and our animalistic natures get in the way. Turn the camera's off, leave the kids with the grand parents and go get much needed counseling. You brought those kinds into the World the least thing you can do is give them a home and up bringing they deserve not another dysfunctional divorced family.
    Best of luck!!!

June 22, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Lauren

I feel badly that they didn't even mention marital counseling...ten years is a long time to just walk away without trying to reconcile.

June 22, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Mary M.

The problem is obvious and a lot of couples with young children make the same mistake. The first priority should always be the marriage, that relationship is the foundation to build a family upon. Jon & Kate do not need to get a divorce, they need to go to an excellent marriage counselor. They are both wonderful people and hard working and devoted parents. Their circumstances are overwhelming and beyond anything that anyone could deal with alone. I know an excellent marriage counselor in Amherst, Massachusetts, Dr. Judith Davis. She is so nurturing and smart and if Jon & Kate do the work and make their marriage the priority, have alone time each week, have fun together again, they can rebuild. Every marriage goes through hard times, especially with young children. Don't beat yourselves up, Jon & Kate, and stop blaming yourselves and each other. You are overwhelmed and you need to learn some skills and coping techniques that will get you through and revive intimacy. Getting a divorce won't make your lives easier, and your issues will come up again in any future relationships as well. Take care of yourselves now. My best wishes go to you and your family.

June 22, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  164. RJ

For the sake of the children, do the right thing. Stop exploiting them and get out of the limelight. Your 15 minutes are up.

June 22, 2009 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Jim

Who gives a crap about this money, publicity seeking couple. Ignore them and they will go back to their holes...maybe Kate will de-bitcherize if the public gives her a big heave-ho..or maybe better yet she will disappear forever and her kids can be raised by adults in a peaceful, quiet environment

June 22, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  166. ann

What do I think...I think we've all had enough.

June 22, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Judy in AZ

It actually does not surprise me that Kate filed. Jon, while probably a nice guy overall, has never been the one to make decisions, multi-task or really show initiative since the show's early days. He was no victim of anyone, certainly not Kate. To seem as if he "finally stood up for himself," and over what? Not the kids but his personal unhappiness. Kinda lame. Me, and many other bloggers, have already said, in big families, lots of kids, order, regimen, scheduling even if it seems over-bearing to outsiders, is the only way big families survive. Kate did much of that alone. Jon was "ruled over," – – Jon simply went along and did not help much. He will find out when he has 8 kids to himself more regularly and without Kate. Hopefully they will all end up happily, these are not bad people. I wish them all well.

June 22, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  168. huff

I hope they just go away. Jon is sensible and Kate uses the kids to make money. She is too stupid to realize that the real cause of their problems is herself. She is trying to figure out how to use her kids to make some more money.

June 22, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  169. lonewolf777

Any couple who does a reality show in the future needs to have their heads examined.

June 22, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  170. J

It's funny, I still don't feel sorry for Jon.

June 22, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |