June 19th, 2009

Will Jon and Kate repair marriage or separate?

"Jon & Kate Plus 8" producers are pumping this marriage uncertainty question between couple Jon and Kate for all its worth. Now they are teasing viewers with an announcement to come during a one-hour special on Monday night. We are told that it will be a "life-changing" decision.

Jon and Kate Gosselin

It's obvious the show is looking for a way to bring non-Jon & Kate loyalists back after the producers saw audience numbers drop after this season's premiere. But this so-called announcement better leave jaws dropped or numbers will drop within Monday's special hour show.

Jon is accused of cheating on his wife, who has said she doesn't believe the tabloid accusations. But there is clear tension and unhappiness between the couple.

In all of this, what viewers want most is reality and they want to see how this reality plays out. Don't give viewers something meant to keep them watching for ratings.

Tell us: Will Jon and Kate Gosselin try to piece together their marriage? Or will they announce a separation?

« Previous entry
  1. CJ

Sorry, I guess it was Mary's comment I was agreeing with...must have looked at the wrong name – oops! :S

July 8, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. CJ

Marsha, you are sooooo right! They were a couple long before they were parents. If their marriage, ANYONE'S marriage, is not the most important, then of course the marriage and the family is going to fail and fall apart.

July 8, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mason

ya i hope thay get back together thay are so grate together and i truthfully think that jon did not cheat and becuse of paparazzi and media the marriageis the price for all of it. and jon grate that you found your feet sand all but seriosly do you really need to divorc after 10 butifull years of marrige like come on. but anyway please jon and kate get back together i truly care and it is not becuse of the show

June 30, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. John

WHO CARES !!!! Married, divorced, living on another planet, or a hundred kids, they get $70K for each episode! Let them live with their own craziness and money and give us something that MATTERS!!!!

June 24, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Marsha

While I agree that Kate has been the one "in charge" and Jon has been the "laid back" one, I was very disappointed in the explanation by Jon.

To say that he is standing on his own 2 feet is an excuse. Glad that he found his two feet but that is certainly no reason to end a marriage. Talk it thru, make the compromises, and vow to work it out. You don't walk away from 10 yrs of marriage, daily interaction with 8 beautiful kids because you suddenly found your "feet".

June 22, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mary

Their marriage has been messed up for a long time. I'm sorry. I quit watching months ago when it got too painful to see the way the adults treated each other.

By the way, anytime a parent (usually the mom) says, 'My kids are the most important to me.', there's a huge problem. The foundation is the marriage- the relationship between the adults. If you do not consider the foundation the most important, the house crumbles and leaves everyone in ruins.

Again, I'm sorry. It's too common and too sad to see again. I won't be watching.

June 22, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. don quixote

Jon, clearly, you love your kids deeply. This situation is the reason why men invented the birth control pill and divorce! Good on you Jon, stand up for yourself against your controlling other half. Get out of this marital mess and don't look back! Kate played you for a sucker! Like all men who become fathers, the plan is to use you as just a sperm donor and a baby sitter until a better situation comes along! In return for the notoriety of being part of a "reality" television show, you'll be paying alimony until you're 105! Let this be a cautionary tale to all you single young men out there, stay that way! Free at last, free at last, thank god almighty, you're free at last...Good luck Jon!!!!

June 22, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Penny

They need to go back to church and but god back in there marriage

June 22, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Penny

It is really upsetting, i think everyone had high hopes for them. I think they need to concentrate on there family take the cameras out and work on there marriage and mean how do you make it through diapers and bottle after bottle feedings and then decide em i dont want to this no more. I know things change I'm not ignorant but wedding vows should mean so much more than they do and women should respect there husbands opinion. Jon needs to take a stand and take his family back.

June 22, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bianca

i dont think its fake.

June 22, 2009 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mo Weimar

I've watched the show since the beginning, and it saddens me that they've grown so far apart. They just announced on tv that they have filed for divorce. They say this has gone on for at least 6 months. And from what I've heard they didn't see marriage counselors. Their just letting go. How sad for their children. That they didn't even try....

June 22, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tina

Who cares what happens to them. Get a divorce, get it over with. Everyone keeps on harping about what is good for the children. Rest assured, the children would be far better off without both parents together making home llife a perfect misery. Bah!!! Parents don't need to stay married just for the kids. Kids are resilient, they will get over it. Me and my siblings were actually glad when my parents divorced.

June 22, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Linda

Whatever they say....I don't believe it – it will be to improve ratings, drag out the show and make more money. Didn't they just renew their vows a few months back – another rating scam. It isn't a reality show ...it is a fantasy show and we are no longer interested.

SOMEONE save the KIDS!

June 22, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jennifer

So, is TLC going to pay for all the therapy those poor kids are going to need for the next dozen or so years?

June 22, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SLM

The question should be – Who cares if Jon and Kate separate?? Their 15 minutes ended a long time ago. Now that the kids are getting older and can better take care of themselves, the show is boooooring and has become way too scripted. There is nothing real left about this so called reality show.

June 22, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ocean

This should be the last season, for everyone involved. I think Jon is overwhelmed with the large family, the media, the constant attention, and he is having a difficult time bearing Kate's strong personality.
    Kate is being too systematic about things and trying to hard to hold it all together and is coming off as being controlling. When in fact she is just really trying to handle things and hold it all together. Sometimes you have to let thing fall apart to begin again.
    Kate is exceptionally strong and has to be, because Jon's personality is just too passive and it forces Kate to step up and take control.

The kids will be fine if this is the last season and the camera's go off. Both parents will make adjustments and go forward, I think they will separate. Then when the season is over they will divorce. They fell out of love period and life has to go on.

I came from a big family; the children will be fine and will adjust. They have each other and when the storm passes so will the stress of it all and life will resume to normal.

It has been a great pleasure to watch these little ones grow and watch Kate and Jon, they are both amazing people and were really amazing together... we got lucky to have the time we had with them seeing how the family dealt with the daily trials of raising multiples

Aloha *~*

June 22, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Laura

Richard S. presents an interesting perspective. Never thought that they may be following a script and that a 2-hour special might follow, but it does make sense. After all, if the Gosselins have a million dollar mortgage on their house they have to pay it somehow. And the property taxes, homeowner's insurance, utilities, repairs & maintenance, autos, auto insurance, college funds for 8 kids, clothes, food, lavish vacations that some of us can't afford. My guess is that they will break up and reconcile. Jon and Kate will renew their vows in Paris which will be the 2-hour special..

June 21, 2009 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  18. Priscilla Norfolk

I may have watched about a dozen episodes of this series, and Kate as a wife reminded me of a "Charge Nurse" on duty regarding her interraction with her husband Jon! She is a "by the book,mother, and "Nurse Ratchett" as a wife. In particular, the episode of "picking out the new bunk beds etc for the children, he had as much to say about it as the janitor of the store they were in. Then, after the purchases were made, he had EIGHT beds to assemble and during that time (while he was exhausted and wanted to take a break) her "Drill Instructer" personality reared it's ugly head and said, "no, I want them all done NOW so they can take their naps as I have them scheduled!!" So, as the Queen Bee ordered," So it is written, So it shall be done" I don't see this as a "marraige" breaking up, I see it as an innocent man being released from jail !! Children always suffer when their parents separate or divorce, and that's the cruelty of this. The other cruelty is that they were also exploited so neither parent had to worry about a weekly paycheck to raise their adoreable Eight.
    So the "show must go on" Right Kate???

June 21, 2009 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Shirley Belle

Its too bad for them & the children. However, I believe its a case of her growing up and he didn't. I mean really, who still looks like a kid and who looks like the adult with this couple? Best to them both & their beautiful children.

June 21, 2009 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  20. Evelyn

Both of these young people are great parents. they're smart and have good careers . A great burden was cast upon them.They accepted the challenge and have succeeded to have a great system going in raising their children. When did they become the enemy? My God have we forgotten we were young @ one time and made mistakes. Parenting is hard with one child! Imagine 8. As we grow in parenting we learn. We discipline our children with no harm. It hurts my heart to see them become the media villian. I pray for you Jon and Kate +8.

June 21, 2009 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  21. patrick

This isn't surprising. While Jon has his faults - mostly being a little limp IMO, I watched the show on a couple of occasions with my 8yo daughter who loves it, and I saw a lot going on on those couch segments. Kate constantly disrespected Jon, putting her hand up in his face, constantly interrupting him and on several occasions whacking him with her hand.

If the roles were reversed in that situation, the public would be outraged at his behavior.

June 21, 2009 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  22. Katerina

They should stay together and get major therapy. They have 8 children together. The grass always seems greener on the other side. However, I don't think they will stay married..what ashame.

June 21, 2009 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  23. Cris

It all seems like they're heading for a divorce, which is very sad, at least that is what TLC is trying to say with those clips. But who knows maybe they're trying to call more audience and then ta da no divorce.
    In my opinion I really hope they stay together, I've read some comments on this blog and I may agree that perhaps they are not going to continue with the show to give their family a fair second chance. I wish them the best :)

June 21, 2009 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  24. overit!

who cares!!!!!! stop talking about them ... we don't care!!!!!!

June 21, 2009 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  25. Betty

If they lose the show they lose the cash... They will stick it out. How else are they going to pay there bills. Eight babies need money

June 21, 2009 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. BB

In addition... if TLC wants drama... I've got six siblings. Come to our houses and record us. We're spread across the states. My parents have been divorced since I was 6 and a few of my siblings STILL depend on my parents like they were 12. One of my sisters is 40 and just joined the army, is being deployed to Afghanistan for a year and has 2 teenage daughters she's asked me to take care of for her. One of my brothers has at least a dozen kids he never sees. One married a woman who doesn't speak English - and he doesn't speak Spanish. Another blacks out when he gets really angry, and can take a sucka out without even realizing it. I might be the only halfway normal one in the bunch, and even I still have my issues. How's that for multiple child drama? My mom had me when I was 40 and I graduated when she was nearing 60. Take that, TLC. And we don't get a dime for our dysfunction.

June 21, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  27. Deb

I believe they will either separate for awhile or announce their intention to divorce. The whole thing makes me sad. I have watched the show for a couple of years now. I started watching the show out of curiousity but last year realized that, with each new episode, I was cringing and gasping with more frequency due to Kate's belittlement and degradation of Jon. Don't get me wrong – it takes two and both have their issues, but Kate just does not "get it." Her scheming, her fakeness, her OCD and her utter sense of entitlement has gotten out of control. Where are her family members? Friends? She has driven them all away, I'm afraid.

June 21, 2009 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. BB

If only I had reporters following me throughout my day... I spank my kids too, not every minute of their lives, but when it's appropriate, and I'm telling you, I doubt she would have spanked her girl if she hadn't done something deserving of it. Mine's 3 and ran out into the street - she got a whopping smack for that. I'm sure Kate's girl did something equally terrible. I look just as menacing when my hand comes down on my kid's bottom. As for their marriage... I hope the life-changing decision is to back out of their contract with TLC. They won't have a chance if they don't. I doubt, however, that TLC will let them - the show is such a huge moneymaker for them. I pray that TLC will back off and let them live their lives. They'll always be famous, there's no denying that - but let's not make it worse by continuing to record their every move. I'd get sick of cameras in my face too.

June 21, 2009 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  29. Katie

Anyone who has watched the show over a period of time could see that the marriage was doomed. Kate admits pushing Jon into having children earlier than he was ready; the decision to have children should be a mutal decision. The most blatant demonstration of hypocrosy is that the audience is subjected to initmate details of family life, such as the children's bowel movements, but we are suppose to give Jon and Kate their "privacy" when it comes to their selfish behaviors. This series began as a happy look into a unique family; now is an uncomfortable view of 10 people deperately seeking attention to offset a disintegrating family. Not my choice for entertainment.

June 21, 2009 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  30. mom to two girls

I hope they work things out for the kids but kate is so demanding she dont even treat jon as a human being

June 21, 2009 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  31. Michelle in FL

I really hope for the sake of their family, that are going to announce that this is their last season so they can put the pieces of their life back together. I think they could do it but they both will need to want too. Bu tI think John has already made up his mind, at least thats what the tabloids say, looking at apartment in NYC. I know if I were seperated from my significant other I would want to stay as close as I could to my children. I'm just sayin'!

June 21, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  32. Penny

I am not surprized if it falls apart on Monday. How long was Jon expected to be yelled at and called "stupid" by such a neurotic shrew? I give him credit for putting up with it for as long as he has. Sad for the children, but she showed no respect to her husband at all. (She shows very little respect to her children, but that will be reflected in 15 years when they all write books.) I guess the option of Kate's Way or the Highway went the wrong way for Kate this time.

June 21, 2009 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  33. lrmg

I think they are going to work on their marriage; but in order to do that they will need counseling, quit the show, no more book signings, public speaking engagements, talk shows, etc...

June 20, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. dad

who cares? don't you have better things to give attention.

June 20, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Avery

But to answer the question (lol) I think they should go to therapy and work it out! People get divorced for such small reasons these days! They made a vow to eachother and God 'til death do us part' 'for better or for worse'. It's completely irresponsible for Jon especially to bail on his family! Get over yourself, you've made your bed, now lay in it!

June 20, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. PCG

I agree with previous comments. They are making it seem that they will make some big 'divorce' announcement just to bring ratings up. I'm guessing that they are just going to tell the public that they are quitting the show to focus more on their family. They still will be bringing in the big bucks with their book deals and appearances.

June 20, 2009 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kewpie

I'm probably one of the few people in the U.S. who has never watched this TV program. That notwithstanding, I am absolutely sick of this couple and their kids all over the news. I wish they would just get out of the public eye and stop exploiting their kids. I could not possibly car less about this family than I do right now.

June 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Erin

I honestly don't care what happens to either them. I just wish they would go away along with every other reality show on television.

June 20, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dawn

I think the whole thing is sad. These are not actors on a soap opera that get to clock out and go home to their real life, these are two real people with a family. we all have our problems but they don't get plastered all over the media. It's even sadder that TLC is racking in the money over the breakdown of a marriage instead of what the show was originally about years ago. I wish them luck!

June 20, 2009 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jclp

I pray they work things out but I dont know if they will!!

June 19, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Richard S

Its all fake... My bet: they will break up and then there will we a special 2H reconsiliation a the end of the season.
    Its all written up in advance... ALL FAKE!

June 19, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. J

I honestly hope that they announce they are quitting the show, and will begin to regain a normal life together.

June 19, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  43. T. G.

I truly hope that the special announcement coming this Monday is not what I think it is. It hope they are just planning on taking a sabbatical from the show.

June 19, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lynn L

Honestly, I just don't get the fasination with people who have a load of kids? Relationships are hard enough without adding a boat load of kids to it and putting it on TV (I get it they needed the money). But I'm really tired of all these so called "reality" shows. I don't personally watch this show, but from what I've seen and read, Kate and Jon enjoy the money and celebrity as long as it benefits them, especially Kate. Her makeover (with the horrible hair cut, skunky highlights and fake tan) pretty much proves that point. Unfortunately we all know that is not how it works, the down side to fame is once the media gets wind of any problems you're toast, especially when you fan the flames by talking about it over and over trying to keep your wholesome image and fame going. They are no better than Speidi!

Ironically that is the "reality" of the situation.

June 19, 2009 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jen

I'm so sick of hearing people say "Kate deserves what she's getting" and "She drove him to cheat" HELLO! People should take their vows more seriously. They should try to make their marriage work, if they divorce, then it's time to move on, but not before that. I hope they can work things out.

June 19, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Batman

Do people really care what happens to Kate Gosselin? Maybe the Ace of Cakes folks could cheer her up. What is important are the children, which nobody is talking about (including Kate). A more appropriate show for TLC would be Jon and Friend Beth plus Eight!

June 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. JohnHolmes

Good Riddance. Kate Gosselin is an evil, controlling woman who just cares about herself.

June 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Grammi

Marriage counseling is a must before they implode the family. Kate can change..so lets give her a chance. Jon has his faults too. The kids are the innocent victims of it all.

Quit the show, Jon get a job and repair all of the tv damage.

My humble opinion after 49 years of marriage. It takes work and do not view marriage as a styrofoam cup that can be thrown away when it gets dirty!!

June 19, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  49. hac

It's kind of ironic how some of you say it is no ones business, but here you are commenting on it just as the rest of us. You are part of the problem just as the rest of us. I agree that they need to figure it out alone, and get out of the media as fast as they can (quit the show or whatever) but I find myself just as drawn to all the stories. I guess I'm only watching and hoping for a happy ending, that I don't think we will get.

June 19, 2009 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  50. jenna

In this life you get what you give. Sadly, the demise of this family has Kate's blood on her own hands. I wasnt "shocked" at all that Jon cheated, or even "used poor judgement". Find me a man who had to live with Kate and her "pressure for perfection" and I GUARANTEE you, you've created a man who probably never thought of cheating on his wife, did cheat on his wife. Before there were 8 children, there was a couple. Either way, Jon and Kate a re a diabolical waste of time.
    Hey Kate! Watch the Duggers. Thats a more accurate portrayal of a mothers work. Michelle Duggar may look like you, act like you, or spoil herself the way you do, but while we watch its nice see a supportive, kind, self respecting, no frills, well read, well versed mother, who outwardly puts family values to work, while also maintaining the integrity of her true woman, wife, mother, caregiver, friend, etc.
    The Duggars are a true depiction of hard work, and in this case, its why their marriage, their show, and ultimatly their childrens mental wellness, is harvested. Unlike the Goselins.

June 19, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  51. Druscilla

Maybe they are announcing the retirement of their show to focus on what matters most – their family.

June 19, 2009 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  52. LBW

Their recent actions say divorce. I hope not.

June 19, 2009 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  53. Lynn

I think they are going to call it Quits, I think it is so sad. With all those beautiful children. They all seemed to handle it all so well. I think they are a good balance for each other. From what I see she is a good mother, and who cares if she wants to look good I am a mother and I want to look good and I am not on tv.

June 19, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  54. Sharon

I wish them the best of luck, and pray that they work things out. They started down this road together and should end it together, not only for the kids, but mainly for each other. We as human being should leave them alone.

June 19, 2009 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  55. SWfromHoston, TX

Who cares! as a married woman I have gone through the ups and downs of marriage and I could've gone all out telling everyone I know about my problems, this should be resolved between them and to be honest you all, we have bigger problems to be focused on but, instead, we are being bombarded with this mundane and insignifacant issue that doesn't even concern us, life goes on and let them be, for the sake of their children.

June 19, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |